Log 100

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 99
Log 101

Seiankornai has connected.
Host has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Dragonhawk: not last!

Thurirl: =P

Malaina has connected.
Dragonhawk: OK

Dragonhawk: I guess that’s everyone

When last we saw our heroes, they had decided to make a minimum-time transit to the far south, to investigate evidence of an assasination attempt against the dragon king. You got a few days’ benefit from a sunpool, then flew all day, and have selected a nice cave to spend the night in.
TakObserver has connected.
The cave is deep, but low at the back; the exhausted drakes have simply settled in the nearest reasonable comfortable spots to the entrance. Nightscale took a glance into the low portion, but lost interest when she didn’t smell and significant bodies of water.
Dragonhawk: ((consider camp made, but nothing else so far))

  • Jessaila casts Alarm at the back of the cave and outside the mouth.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 »
  • Malaina leans against one of the snoozing Varis, combing her hair which is out of it’s typical ponytail for now
  • Thurirl makes sure all his supplies are present and accounted for, and offers to take first watch despite his fatigue.
    Malaina: “I’ll take first watch, I don’t feel tired yet.”
  • Malaina has alot on her mind, and would rather have the quiet to think
    Thurirl: “I will join you, if you wish. I am not so tired as to need sleep quite yet.”

Malaina: “No, I’m fine, but thanks.”

Thurirl: “As you wish.”

Thurirl: ((and just in case you’re wondering, no, it’s not his way of saying “I love you” =P least, not so far as I know))

Malaina: ((XD))

Thurirl: ((though he may someday flirt with the idea of being a Dread Pirate… Bat-Vessa needs alter egos))

Dragonhawk: ((and Roberts is such a thoroughly deep cover – all those previous users filling in the history and all ))

Isabis: “I’ll take second watch then, I guess.”

Jessaila: “I’ll join you.”

Seiankornai: “Hrmph-gurble-mnathhhh.”

  • Seiankornai falls asleep
  • Thurirl goes to rest, though only after he’s sure Malaina won’t be standing watch alone.
  • Malaina stays settled against Vari, that way she can still keep an eye on the mouth of the cave and the back
  • Jessaila falls asleep at once so she’s ready to join Isabis on their shared watch.
    A watch passes, and Isabis and Jessaila are duly awakened
  • Malaina yawns and bids the two goodnight, lifting up one of the large, blue wings and settling down under it for the night
  • Jessaila wakes and prepares for her watch, getting out her bow.
    Seiankornai: ((nice to have a self-heating drake blanket ))

A bare hour before dawn, the alarm spell at the back of the cave is triggered.
Isabis: (is it audible or mental, Jessaila?)

Jessaila: ((Audible.))

Jessaila: ((She was sleeping for part of it, so mental wouldn’t have worked during that time.))

  • Thurirl stirs and has a hand on his knife in an instant.
  • Malaina sits up, bumping her head on the leathery wing above her
    ALARM: “WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP

Someone: “Drakes!” “Drakes HERE?!?” “Tasty…” “Adults, idiot!”

Malaina: “Uuuggghhhhh, it’s too early for this…”

  • Seiankornai blinks himself awake
  • Thurirl looks like he’s still sleeping. Least, far as anyone can tell…
  • Jessaila draws and nocks an arrow to the string.
  • Someone speak from the depths of the crack at the back of the cave. You can look back there by bending waaaay down, but to GET back there you’ll have to crawl.
    Seiankornai: ((What language are the voices in?))

Someone: ((Gamok))

  • Malaina gets a grip on the hilt of her longsword, lifting the wing up a bit
    Seiankornai: “Erm… goblins?”

Someone: “THEY SAW US!” “SHUT UP!” “Oh calm down, they’re too big to come down here.”

  • Jessaila casts Drench down the tunnel.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 »
  • Malaina makes her way out from under Vari’s wing, waking the two up, saying goblins are on the prowl and that snaps both of them awake
    Someone: “Ack!” Pffbt – yuck!" “They’re gonna drown us! I’m going to drown! I CAN’T SWIM!!” “Get the shaman!”

Malaina: “Can we have the drakes breath fire down there?”

Nightscale: “You can make water? Why didn’t you do that before?”

  • Thurirl wonders if this is even worth getting out of bed. Not that he’s lazy, mind you, but the others seem to have it well in hand, and saving energy is vital.
    Seiankornai: “Sure, we can breath fire down there, and Nightscale can follow it up with acid.”
  • Someone splashes away, while someone else yells after him: “Coward! Get back here!”
    Malaina: “Then have at it, I say we should probably get ready to go soon anyway.”
  • Seiankornai heads towards the voices, going as far as he can before he either sees them or the tunnel gets dangerously tight around him, then breaths fire in their general direction
    Jessaila: “I can cast again, if you’d like, Nightscale. Sometimes I forget how handy it is.”
  • Vari follows after him with his twin, ready to breath fire as well
    Nightscale: “You want me to spit acid down a tunnel I can’t even see at people I have no way to identify, who aren’t attacking and seem to be afraid of us already? …I’ll do it if Jessaila promises to make water for me every night until we get to a proper lake again.”

Jessaila: “…okay.”

Seiankornai: “These are goblins, they eat baby drakes, or adults if they can get them.”

Vari: “Nightscale, if those…people…got the drop on us, they would most likely try to eat you.”
  • Nightscale laughs
    Nightscale: “Are you kidding me? Goblins? You let puny little goblins eat your people? What, are they giant stone-hide mountain goblins or something?”
Vari: “Do not laugh!! Goblins killed Malaina’s entire family and village! If it wasn’t for me, she would all alone!”
  • Vari looks stern and turns his aggression to breath fire down the tunnel, hoping to hit a goblin or two
  • Seiankornai looks blankly at Nightscale, “No, but they can go in the smallest of tunnels where we can’t folow and are masters of the ambush.”
  • Seiankornai breaths MOAR FIAH down the tunnel
    Jessaila: “Ooh, I just had an idea!”
  • Thurirl gets up, figuring he can’t sleep with this commotion, and they’ll be heading out soon anyway.
    Jessaila: “I can cast a spell to create a breeze that will push the fire further down the tunnel.”

Seiankornai: “The Matah humans have been helping us, either clearing out goblin dens or blocking the smaller tunnels.”

Someone Spellcasting: « 1d20+19 = 10 + 19 = 29 » vs 22

Seiankornai: “Go ahead and do it, Jessaila.”

Jessaila: “All of you, breath fire as I do it – that way we’ll get a lot of it moving down at once.”

The someones in the low place retreat, yelping

  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
  • Vari breaths fire with his twin right beside him
  • Seiankornai breaths just as Jess casts
    Suddenly, the mouth of the cave closes, like a pair of sliding doors!
    Seiankornai: “Ack!”

Someone: Thoom

  • Seiankornai stumbles back
    Thoom
    Someone: ((for those of you facing the low place, that’s behind you))

Isabis: “Uh-oh.”

The front alarm spell goes off noisily
Malaina: “…great…”

Thurirl: “…this is a less than ideal beginning to the day.”

Someone: “Grah! Cursed noise spell!”

  • Jessaila puts her bow away.
    Jessaila: “All right, time to make some very unhappy dead goblin customers.”

Seiankornai: “Ummm, let’s get out of here NOW before they do that to the front entrance!”

Jessaila: ((Wait – I thought that was the front.))

Footsteps retreat from the other side of the barrier where the door was. ((um, that was the front entrance, Seian))
Seiankornai: ((oh, thought it was the back that the drakes were breathign down))

Someone: ((nope))

Malaina: “Yes, let’s…”

The low part of the cave is now thoroughly sterilized by flame; you cannot see any goblins back there now, but there is a curve in the wall, and deep inside you can hear faint echoing voices in Gamok
Seiankornai: ((nevermind the exact wording then; Seian will still be all for moving to get out of a trapable position ))

Malaina: ((Is there anyway to get the front part open?))

  • Thurirl considers the options and the circumstances… (Tactics: « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » )
    Seiankornai: ((anyone have a move earth spell?))

Someone: “mumble sussurus MAD?!? mutter something FIRE ALL OVER THE MAIN ENTRANCE rumble mutter”

  • Jessaila draws her saber and shouts down the tunnel.
    Jessaila: “Open the outer door again, or I’m coming down there – and you won’t like it.”

Someone: "murble marble FEAST OF A LIFETIME something GET AWAY?!? "

  • Jessaila casts magic vestments on herself.
    Malaina: “I kind of wish Grok was here, this would be a good time for his kind of diplomacy.”

Thurirl: “Lady Nightscale, how potent is your acid breath?”

  • Jessaila crouches down and starts heading down, down down.
  • Malaina has her longsword out, ready to fight
    Malaina: “Hold on Jess.”

Someone: “YES something ‘GET AWAY’ so do WE. YOU mutter something something EATEN something EAT?”

  • Thurirl waits for an answer.
  • Jessaila waits, but shan’t wait for long.
  • Isabis reluctantly prepares her hand claw for action.
    Nightscale: “It’s not bad for my age, I guess.”

Malaina: “If her tears were potent enough to melt rock, I think what she will fire will be much more potent.”

Nightscale: “I mean, it’s not like my grandmother who can spit it so strong it eats her food before she gets a chance for herself…”

Thurirl: “Could you try to open the cave for us? It seems to have closed itself.”

Malaina: “Yes, that would probably be good. Seian and the Varis can hold them off if she can get the door opened up.”

Nightscale: “Oh. Well, if it’s not magic…it’ll take maybe…well, it depends on how thick it is…”

Nightscale: “Stand back, let’s find out.”

  • Seiankornai tries to judge whether he could get down the tunnel or not
  • Thurirl nods and keeps clear of the door.
  • Malaina stands near the entrance, ready with ehr sword incase any goblin comes rushing out
    Seian could get into the low part, but definitely could not fight or move swiftly in there. Behind…who knows? It seems probably higher further in, but it’s hard to be sure from here.
    Seiankornai: “Well, if Nightscale can’t melt a way out of here, I think you smaller folk should go first and make sure the way is clear for us drakes.”

It looks like maybe 40’ of low spot, then a higher tunnel maybe 10’ wide by 20’ long behind, which runs out of sight to the right as you’re facing inward
Jessaila: “Right. In I go…”

  • Jessaila has her saber out, and is ready for a fight.
  • Nightscale spits at the ‘door’ panel, high up so it runs down the center of the panel.
    The rock behind Jessaila hisses and gives of heavy fumes, which roll mistily down to the tunnel beside Jess.
  • Isabis edges over to the far side of the low zone and follows Jessaila in
    Jessaila: “Ack! Fumes!”
  • Jessaila keeps away.
  • Thurirl realizes a flaw in his plan. Oh dear.
  • Seiankornai is glad he can hold his head up higher, as well as being somewhat used to the semi-volcanic region he calls home
    Nightscale: “Hmm. Do you think that hole back there is good enough to vent the place? It’s definitely eating the stone, but Mom told me never to let that kind of smoke build up above ankle level.”
  • Jessaila casts Dancing Lights to show her way.
    Seiankornai: ((is it downhill or uphill or both?)

Thurirl: “I would discontinue. I apologize. I should have considered this complication.”

  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
    Thurirl: “…unless we can vent the fumes by force. I am uncertain how we might be able to do so.”

In the tunnel, Jess can stand upright; it winds downward and around to the left. The fumes roll down the tunnel.

  • Jessaila keeps her breeze spell active to keep it pushed down the tunnel.
    Seiankornai: “How often can you cast that wind spell, Jess?”

Jessaila: “It lasts an hour or so, and I can cast it all day long.”

Someone: “echomumble THIS? Augh, something ITCHES mutter mutter mutter OUT of Here!…”

Malaina: “Sounds like the fumes are irritating them.”

Thurirl: “Wind must come from somewhere, though. It may become turbulent if we attempt to move the air in this space.”

So far, Jessaila has a sort of convection-cell style system going in the tunnel, with fresh(er) air coming towards you along the top, and acid-fumes moving towards goblin voices along the floor
Jessaila: “I’m handling it for the moment, but I’m not sure how long I can manage it.”

Jessaila: “Either do it quickly, or we need to abandon it and try something else.”

Thurirl: “Agreed. I do wish I knew how thick the stone was. Do we have any magic to thin it without fumes?”

  • Seiankornai mutters “Now would have been an excellent time for Grok and his cannon.”
    Jessaila: “I’m afraid not.”
  • Thurirl is missing Grok and his cannon. Sure, the rebounding ball could kill one of them, but it might chip at the stone enough to break out.
    Thurirl: “A most unfortunate lacking on our part. I shall look into an artifact that can remedy this situation in the future.”

Seiankornai: “A pocket Grok?”

  • Thurirl again considers his options, examining the door and the damage. (Tactics: « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » )
    Thurirl: “Something like that, yes. A bit of applied force without the risk of rebounding projectiles would be ideal.”
  • Jessaila evaluates the tactical options. « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » Tactics
    probability that detect secret doors will tell us the thickness here: 10 on « 1d10 = 5 »
    Malaina: “Well, the drakes are the strongest ones here. Would they be able to help? Nightscale as well?”

Seiankornai: “I suppose we could try bashing it open, if Nightscale can weaken the hinges or whatever is holding it in place.”

  • Isabis examines the door
  • Isabis casts a spell « 1d20+14 = 17 + 14 = 31 »
    Isabis: “It’s not a door in that sense, Seian. somebody reshaped the rock here. I would /guess/ it’s probalby not too thick; they’d have to be a pretty powerful caster to move that much rock.”

Thurirl: “We should be thankful we at least are inspiring hesitation on the part of our foes. The more time we have, the less we shall have to spend fighting.”

Seiankornai: “Ah, I see, well can still try.”

Thurirl and Jessaila both suffer the same problem in the tactics department: lack of information. You can see that the acid has etched away a thin layer of stone – maybe 1/16" – and you can hear the goblins swearing and complaining about it further on, but you can’t evaluate the full tactical situation below from one stretch of curving natural tunnel.
Seiankornai: ((obviously Thurirl needs to get us some more intel from the open direction of the tunnel))

Thurirl: “This is a vexing situation. I must develop several plans to avoid its kin in the far future.”

Seiankornai: “Carry around a pick?”

  • Thurirl sighs and turns toward the opening. “When brains fail, brawn shall serve.”
  • Jessaila advances quietly down the tunnel, prepared for combat.
    Jessaila: Elves are sneaky, and Jessaila is an elf. Therefore, Jessaila is sneaky. But she was raised by humans, so… « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Sneak

Malaina: “Will my Halbred help?”

Nightscale: “Don’t you want to keep it?”

Malaina: “I’m sure I can buy another if it can help us get out.”

  • Nightscale spits another stream of acid, a few feet from the other, then smears some of it across the top to outline a squarish doorwa.
    Nightscale: “Nah, my scales resist my acid better than the handle of that thing.”
  • Thurirl starts weaving a tapestry of magic around himself to blend into the background more. (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 5 + 14 = 19 »)
  • Goblins might notice Jess « 1d20+6-2 = 19 + 6 – 2 = 23 »
    A spear whistles past Jessaila’s head
  • Jessaila casts magic missile. “Return to sender!”
    Thurirl: ((Okay, not sure if the Spellshroud thing applies here or not… says I can get a Hide check as a free action, but are we in iniative?))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 »
  • Seiankornai tries whaming the stone wall/door with his claws and full body weight behind them after Nightscale is done spreading her acid on it.
    Goblins: ((Not as such, thurirl))

Goblins: “Yipe! Retreat!”

Thurirl: ((should’ve just done the Hide check e_e darn it))

Goblins: (from futher away) “murble something ELF MAGE, Not mutter DRAKE muttermutter somethingsomething RIGHT THROUGH the GATE mutter mutter SMOKES and FUMES murgle…”

  • Thurirl does his best to blend into the walls. (Sneak: « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 »)
    Seiankornai: ((he should try his worst))

Seiankornai: ((at least the goblins still have a chance of failing)

Thurirl: ((hush, you))

  • Goblins might notice Thurirl too, in that case « 1d20+6-2 = 8 + 6 – 2 = 12 »
    Seiankornai: ((yay))
  • Goblins are too busy worrying about the elf to notice the vessa
    Seiankornai: “Vari, come and help me and Nightscale tear down this wall.”
  • Seiankornai continues beating on it with his foreclaws
  • Vari makes his way over with his other self to help take downt he wall
  • Thurirl sneaks along the walls, doing his best to keep a look out for the leader or leaders.
    Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 »

Goblins: ((str checks vs. 30, you may assist each other, to break down the ‘door’ Nightscale is making))

Vari: ((His Str mod is only +3, I won’t be able to make that))

Seiankornai: ((does seem a bit high, but at least with four drakes, the strongest gets an extra +6 working on it, if the others get a DC 10 or 15, forget which))

Vari: « 1d20+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 » Str Check for Vari 1 Vari: « 1d6 = 3 » AD Vari: « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » Str Check for Vari 2

You whisper to Thurirl: You sneak down a rough spiral, passing one set of uncomfortable sentries just above a hole in the floor. A wooden ladder (and the stream of fumes) accesses the next level down, where you can hear an argument in progress. It is apparent that the rank-and-file goblins don’t want to attack three – THREE ADULTS – drakes, especially if they have allies. The chief seems uncertain; the shaman and his apprentice are in favor. The fumes apparently cause itching and mild chemical burns; you are barely affected so far, what with your scales and all.

  • Jessaila casts another Drench as far down the tunnel as she can.
    Seiankornai: ((ah, it is 15))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 »
  • Thurirl considers his options… and wonders if perhaps he can cause a bit of chaos…
    You whisper to Thurirl: The water Jess sends down the tunnel sooths your ankles and runs down the ladder
    Thurirl whispers: Well, that kinda settles it… someone might chance to look up. Time for fun!
  • Seiankornai bangs on the stone pounds on it as hard as he can (making use a feat that let’s me use Con instead of Str for attacking type stuff like this) « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » + assist bonuses
    Jess’s water runs down something out of sight, making trickling mini-waterfall noises
    Nightscale: “Maybe I should give it another go.”
Vari: ((Roll some AD))

Seiankornai: “Maybe.”

Nightscale: ((Nightscale’s acid will gradually lower the DCs))

  • Thurirl heats things up from his own position deeper within the cave…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 1 + 14 = 15 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 9 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 10 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 12 »; AP 5)
    Seiankornai: ((think I’d want it a bit closer to the final result before spending AD, not like I can’t keep doing it over and over))
Vari: ((Can we do another Str check?))

Thurirl: ((aiming at the people who want to fight, of course =P))

Thurirl’s spell fizzles. The shaman looks up the ladder.

  • Jessaila casts Drench again.
  • Thurirl shrugs and jumps down with knife drawn. “Death to hatchling killers!”
    Jessaila: ((Down the ladder, of course.))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 »
    Nightscale: ((OK, then. NOW init.))
Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » Initiative.
    Seiankornai: Init « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 »

Goblins: “That’s not a drake!” “Get it aw- cough cough -away!”

  • Jessaila shall follow Thurirl down the hole.
  • Goblins casters« 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » and noncasters « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
    Thurirl: ((I see the potent elf magic of Theatrics is swaying the Dice Gods for me tonight…))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai rages and pounds on the wall once again « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 »
  • Seiankornai needs better footing
    Seiankornai: ((done, I’ll try once more before giving up and heading for the battle))

Goblins: *Isabis « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 » init

Seiankornai: ((or more accurately, before Seian ragequits and goes for comfort food ))

Thurirl: ((don’t worry; I’m working on panicking the food for you))

Goblins: ((Malain-and-Vari(s) init?))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Malaina has received initiative.
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Jessaila has received initiative.
Jessaila’s turn – it will take a full move to get to Thurirl at the top of a hole
Goblins: ((init is being tracked on Khundrakar, since I haven’t got a proper map of its own for this place))

  • Jessaila dashes over to the top of the hole.
    Jessaila: ((End turn, shall prepare to drop down next turn.))

The acid fumes make your ankles itch burningly as you finally give in and start wading through them.
Seiankornai has received initiative.
Malaina: ((I rolled a 27, not a 24))

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai tries to bash the door once again « 1d20+5 = 10 + 5 = 15 »
    Seiankornai: “RRRRAAAAAARRRR!!!!”

Goblins: ((my mistake. You’re up then; I doubt it will interfere with Seian anyway.))

Seiankornai: ((no, not really, go ahead))

Vari 1: « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » Str Check

Goblins: ((I’m going to have Nightscale move with Sein for convenience))

Vari 2: « 1d20+3 = 19 + 3 = 22 » Str Chk Vari 2: ((I wish we had daylaight in there, Mala could help))

Goblins: ((The varis are still glowing ))

Goblins: ((they’ll last another couple of weeks, too.))

Malaina: ((But sunlight gives her the +9 to her Str))

Goblins: ((I finally got around to looking up the double’s duration))

Goblins: ((Aaaah, yes. But the fake door itself blocks out sunlight…catch 22.))

Malaina: ((Yea, thus why I wish we had sunlight))

Seiankornai: ((plus it’s not dawn yet))

Goblins: ((not for another – oh, 45 min now I guess))

Goblins: ((Did I miss Malaina’s action?))

Malaina: ((She’s heading down to help Thurirl and Jess))
  • Seiankornai pounded on the wall some more, it did no good, so now he’s headed towards the goblins with a smokey huff
    Malaina spends a move action crawling under the low section of cave, and another going down the first 1/3 of the ‘spiral’ tunnel.
    Seian crawls uncomfortably under the low place
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Isabis, having come back to evaluate the “door,” now duplications Malaina’s move
    Thurirl: ((wait… did we skip my turn, or am I just confused?))

Thurirl has received initiative.
Goblins: ((your turn now, with init 14))

Thurirl: ((nevermind then =P))
  • Thurirl uses his dagger to educate his foe.
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » for « 1d6+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » damage.
    Thurirl: ((always go for the spell slinger in the room))

Seiankornai: ((a dagger in the spleeen always crimps a mages style))

  • Goblins warrior 01 saves for « 1d20+5 = 13 + 5 = 18 » vs 13
  • Goblins w01 whips around at the feel of a knife sliding along his scales; he loses a scale, but gains the right orientation to pay attention to his ‘teacher’
    Goblins: “Ow!”

Goblins: ((one more action Thurirl))

  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+14 = 17 + 14 = 31 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 2 »
  • Goblins warrior 01 saves for « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » vs 14
    Thurirl: ((Have a faceful of winter!))
  • Goblins freezes and… goes dormant? Huh. Looks like he got a drake disadvantage along with his advantages.
  • Thurirl is a bit surprised, but happy at this turn of events.
  • Goblins have 1 down, 9 to go – besides the mages and the chief
    Shaman: “Hah – you like the cold, vessa fool? How do you do with FIRE?”
  • Shaman casts for « 1d20+19 = 7 + 19 = 26 » vs 22
  • Thurirl is realizing he could use some drakes as a distraction…
    A bead of flame roars from the Shaman’s hand, over the heads of the warriors, to detonate against the top of the ladder. The unfortunate goblin who ‘froze’ is now burned too – but so are Thurirl and Jessaila
    Shaman: fire damage « 3d6 = 12 »

Shaman: ladder save vs ignition « 1d20 = 19 » vs 12

Seiankornai: “Fire sense… tingling.”

Fortunately, the ladder is apparently soaked from the ‘create water’ Jess used earlier, and does not catch.
Malaina: “No going up into flames until we are out of the tunnel!”

  • Apprentice casts magic vestment on himself
    Chief: “ATTACK! WARRIORS TO THE HIGHEST LADDER!!!”

GoblinWarrior: ((thurirl and Jess, roll reflex for half damage))

Thurirl: Reflex Save: « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 » Thurirl: ((+1 Insight Bonus from Spelltheft Basics))
  • Jessaila tries to dodge. « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 » Reflex save
    GoblinWarrior: (( Shaman’s DC is 13, so you just made it then))

GoblinWarrior: ((6 fire damage less any fire resistance on your armor for both of you))

Thurirl: ((woohoo))

Seiankornai: ((fire reistance and DR))

Jessaila leans back in time to avoid more than singed eyebrows from the roaring column of flame that comes blasting up the ladder-hole
Thurirl: ((I only see a DR of 1… need to consider investing in better gear))

  • Thurirl recognizes the patterns in the spell and just barely avoids the worst of it. It still hurts though!
    Jessaila: ((Takes five, then.))
Thurirl: ((aye))

Seiankornai: ((leather armor, Thurirl? that’s DR 1 and Fire Reistance 3))

  • GoblinWarrior s throw javelins (who wants to get into the Shaman’s spell zone?) for « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » « 1d20+8 = 11 + 8 = 19 » « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 »
    GoblinWarrior: ((any hits, Thurirl?))
Thurirl: ((I dunno where to put fire resistence… figure it out later)) Malaina: ((Is there a specific place on the map the battle is happening?)) Thurirl: ((I have a defense of 20))

GoblinWarrior: damage « 1d8+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » and « 1d8+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »

  • Thurirl is beginning to realize why he sticks to the shadows… ow.
    Goblins apparently aim like storm troopers – at least, out of these 8, six manage to miss a barely 20’ range
    Seiankornai: ((should’ve used the free “Hide after casting” with that polar ray spell))

GoblinWarrior: ((make a note of it for next week ))

Thurirl: ((I didn’t know I had it! D=))

To summarize then:
Seiankornai: ((ah, but you do have to spend AD to do it))

Thurirl is at the bottom of a hole, facing 9 warriors, their chief, their Shaman, and the shaman’s apprentice in a round-ish meeting of tunnelways.
Jessaila is immediately above him, up a ladder
Malaina and Isabis are ~60’ of spirlaing tunnel above Jessaila
Seian is squished under a low section of cave, inching back to the top of the tunnel, where he will then have ~90’ of tunnel to move down…
While Nightscale and the two Varis are still facing the ‘door’ where the cave opening used to be, and seriously considering making more acid fumes which will roll down the tunnel, making any skin they come in contact with itch due to light chemical burns.
All in all, an awkward situation…
Game Saved
Log Saved
Malaina is disconnected.

Log 99
Log 101

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 100

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User