Log 16

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 15

Seiankornai: greetings
Grok: hey
Dragonhawk: Hmm. Time to remind the IRC players the server is up.
Dragonhawk: Looks like Mooch is still away, though.
Jessaila has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Dragonhawk: There’s the people.
Thurirl: I’m gonna have to edit my token… darn level-up…
Dragonhawk: Edit your token?
Thurirl: well, the macros anyway
Dragonhawk: ah
Thurirl: don’t think I set up 2nd level spells yet
Thurirl: I don’t have that many Polar Ray I spells =P
Dragonhawk: heh
Dragonhawk: 5 minutes to finish setting up for the night
Dragonhawk: then we start even if we’re still missing Jamshid

  • Dragonhawk offers Thurirl a new token
    Seiankornai: snerk
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((greetings))
    Dragonhawk: Welcome! Just in time.
    Malaina: ((Looks like everyone is here!))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((splendid))

Dragonhawk: For those who left early last week…we didn’t last long after that, everyone was tired anyway.
Dragonhawk: …and this seems to have been one of those random saves that doesn’t preserve init.
Dragonhawk: let’s just roll again.

  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » Initiative.
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 »

When last we saw our heroes, they had beaten down some little crystal/rubble/elemental ruin haunts, and were busily putting the hurt on a not-so-little specimen.

Seiankornai: init « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 »

Thurirl, for unknowable reasons, is still inside.

Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur prepares to kill Garamat 14
  • Thurirl stops pontificating the cosmos and sighs.

Thurirl: “I hate it when I do that.”

Dragonhawk: ((Thurirl, the path to the courtyard is down the ramp to your left, and I shall point))

Dragonhawk: ((got that?))

Dragonhawk: ((er…to your right…))

Thurirl: ((I was gonna say…))

Isabis: init « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »

Dragonhawk: « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » Stables Garamat Init

Dragonhawk: ((Thurirl, did you roll init?))

Thurirl: ((no, sorry))

Thurirl: Init: « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 »

Thurirl: ((whoa))

Thurirl suddenly realizes those sounds outside are /fighting/

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl mutters a curse against his lack of attention. There are students to teach!

Grok: ((I don’t know if that is possible. These aren’t intelligent creatures it doesn’t seem, therefore they are incapable of traditional learning))

Thurirl: ((Never hurts to try!))

Dragonhawk: ((even a dog can be trained ))

  • Thurirl runs outside and looks for something to educate, perhaps using one of his new spells…

Thurirl: ((sorry; looking up a spell…))

  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic! (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 14 + 12 = 26 » Damage: « 1d4 = 2 » per ray)

Seiankornai: ((that should be 3d4 per ray))

Thurirl: ((sorry))

Thurirl: « 3d4 = 5 »

The Garamat BURNS! It makes lots of nasty nails-on-chalkboard sounds at the top of it’s…whatever elementals have.

  • Thurirl winces. He can’t hear as well as some, but even he doesn’t like that noise!
    Dragonhawk: *Garamat saves vs catching alight « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » and fear « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » each vs 8

Grok has received initiative.

  • Thurirl does not manage to teach the Student about the topics of Being on Fire nor Proper Fear of One’s Foe. He shall endeavor to fix this.
  • Grok reloads his precious cannon
    Grok: ((done))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis edges around the garamat, and enchants her handclaws
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai breaths fire on it, fire is fun
    Hits « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » for « 2d6+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » fire
    Dragonhawk: *Garamat saves vs staing in the stream « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs 17 for half damage, catching alight « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » and running away « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » vs 12

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed

Dragonhawk: hit

Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » Halberd Damage

Malaina pries out the cannonball. Surprisingly, the Garamat doesn’t seem to appreciate this service.
Vari: « 1d20+3 = 12 + 3 = 15 » Fire Breath

Dragonhawk: hits

Dragonhawk: (feel free to roll damage along with your to-hit))

Vari: « 1d6 = 5 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

Dragonhawk: *Garamat saves vs staying in the stream « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » vs 17 for half damage, catching alight « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » and running away « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » vs 6

Jessaila: ((Heh heh heh!)

The Garamat panicks at all the fire blowing around it and attempts to flee
Dragonhawk: ((on it’s next turn))

Dragonhawk: ((done for Malaina and Vari?))

Malaina: ((Yes!))

Seiankornai: ((scary lizards are scary with FIRE!))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » tohit, « 1d10 = 6 » for damage.
    Dragonhawk: hit

Seiankornai: “ROAR Yes, good work Vari, flame the thing!”

Isabis: “…those stables are wood!”

  • Isabis reminds the drakes of the obvious
    Seiankornai: “And wood burns so merrily .”

Isabis: “So does /paper/ you pyromaniac!”

  • Seiankornai will need to be reminded of the less obvious
    Seiankornai: “Much too quick, it does. You can’t savor it.”

Isabis: “…especially if you burn it before showing it to the scholars and turning it into lovely hoardable gold.”

Thurirl: “Note to self: Subtlety is also lost on Drakes at times…”

  • Seiankornai thinks for a moment
    Dragonhawk: ((Jessaila has another action I think?))

Seiankornai: “How likely do you think expensive runes would be in a stable though?”

Isabis: “Seian, they’ll pay us for trash newsprint if it’s printed with old Kamil. Don’t burn down the place before we’re done searching it, OK?”

Seiankornai: “Afterwards?”

  • Seiankornai gives Isabis a pleading look
    Isabis: “…seriously?”

Dragonhawk: ((Jamshid go ahead))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur flanks the monster and strikes with his enchanted blade (Attack 17 for 14 lethal damage: ap4, magic, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((waiting for results before second action))

Dragonhawk: hits

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur follows up with a slash directed at the thing’s neck (Atk 16 for 10)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » to hit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((Apparent misunderstanding.))

Jamshid slashes its neck, and it simply shifts crystal shards around to reinforce. Still, it seems to be covering damaged spots slower.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Unresolved value “which”.
Dragonhawk: The Big Garamat slams at Jamshid hitting « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » for possible « 2d8+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 »

Dragonhawk: ((AP))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Oof”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((how much AP?))

Dragonhawk: ((AP2, sorry))

Dragonhawk: The Big Garamat slams at Malaina hitting « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » for possible « 2d8+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 »

Dragonhawk: ((activating critical hit))

Dragonhawk: ((12 wounds. You miiight want to back up some.))

You whisper to Malaina: Would you care to narrate your critical hit?
Malaina whispers: No
You whisper to Malaina: OK
Thurirl has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((ouch))

  • Thurirl decides it would be prudent to switch to healing to aid his companions.
    Thurirl: ((I hope I can cast at a distance…))

Dragonhawk: ((I think it’s a touch spell, but look it up))

Thurirl: ((yeah, Cure Wounds I is touch))

Dragonhawk: ((you can also delay until after her turn so she can retreat towards you, if you like))

Seiankornai: ((fortunately, she’s within walking distance to you))

Thurirl: ((I’m fine with that))

Seiankornai: ((though, wasn’t it panicking?))

Dragonhawk: ((… er. Yes, yes it was. Short memory span tonight.))

Thurirl: “Malaina! You need medical attention! Come here and let me help!”

Seiankornai: ((so no attack?))

Thurirl: ((nah, I don’t wanna burn anything important))

Dragonhawk: ((bah. I hate retcons. …It’s attack on Jamshid, at least, didn’t happen. It had to have time to move.))

Malaina: ((So Jashmid doesn’t get hurt, but Mala does?))

You whisper to Malaina: technically, she shouldn’t either, but I’ll trade you a GM Favor to be determined if you’ll finish RPing the injury instead.
Seiankornai: ((/me checks the rules; ok, yes, it is possible for it to attack, even though it’s trying to get away from the fire))

Seiankornai: ((since it’s technically not frightened))

You whisper to Malaina: Since other people are already responding to it, etc.
Seiankornai: ((though it sounds like it only needs to make a will save if it actual has caught on fire, which it hasn’t))

  • Malaina cries out loudly in pain as she gets struck, barely hearing Thurirl call to her to come to him for healing, hearing Vari roar in anger and possibly about to chase the creature down
    Jessaila: “Mala!”

Seiankornai: WGROK, stop messing with that contraption and get down here!”

  • Jessaila reaches out to catch her if she falls, and help her.
  • Malaina slowly collapsing
  • Vari snorts and claws at the ground, wanting to chase that monster, but wanting to stay with Mala, looking back and forth, smoke coming out of his nostrils
    Seiankornai: ((she should still have 2 wounds left, so should still be up))

Grok: W “What is a Con-Trawp-un?”

Vari: ((She’s swaying, let me rp it please))

Seiankornai: W “The cannon, I’ll explain later, get down here and help!”

Seiankornai: ((ok, just lettering you know the mechanics))

Dragonhawk: ((Grok: con is how tough you are, you must know the word “trap”, and you think “shun” has something to do with not talking to people…))

Seiankornai: ((XD))

Thurirl: ((A trap to lower your toughness by making people shun you?))

Dragonhawk: ((makes as much sense as anything. Melios is a weird language.))

Dragonhawk: ((er, Woanish.))

Dragonhawk: ((Unlike Susuran, in which is is not possible to make a pun. Very sad, if you ask me.))

Grok: ((So is it my turn?))

Dragonhawk: ((Thurirl, are you delaying?))

Dragonhawk: ((I haven’t seen your action yet))

Thurirl: ((sorry))

Dragonhawk: ((NP, just making sure I didn’t miss something))

  • Thurirl runs to Malaina instead of waiting. No sense in wasting more time.
  • Thurirl gathers healing energy and uses it on Malaina, sealing the wounds. (Effect: You heal 10 damage on a standard character, or 10 vitality or 1 wound on a special character (your choice).)
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 »
    Thurirl: ((What choice will heal her best? ’Cause I wanna pick that one.))

Seiankornai: ((wounds I think))

Dragonhawk: ((wounds, no question))

Dragonhawk: ((does she even have significant vitality damage?))

Grok has received initiative.
Grok: Grok shoots the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 4 + 11 = 15 » for « 5d6 = 13 » damage

  • Grok then jumps down to help out
    Dragonhawk: ((The enemy is not longer visible from above-stairs))

Grok: thought I could see it in the stable, my bad

  • Grok then jumps down to the ground floor
    Dragonhawk: ((you could see it in the yard, but the stable still has a roof and a second story, and you were well above the door level))

Dragonhawk: « 2d6 = 5 » falling damage

Grok: ((and from here I would be shooting through Vari

Grok: ((hmm, I’ll have to think about it…))

Dragonhawk: ((Vari was in the air last I knew, but you’d be shooting through Seiankornai too))

  • Thurirl blinks and looks around from the small shockwave of an ogre taking a shortcut.
  • Grok muscles his way towards the large beast
    Thurirl: “It would seem the stairs were not fast enough for him.”

Grok: W “Out of my way!”

Grok: ((i’m assuming jumping down is a move action, so done.))

Dragonhawk: ((yes.))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis goes to see if she can gain a vantage point above…a window or something?
  • Isabis ((is on the next panel of the map, as it happens
    « 1d100 = 92 »
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai slips by Vari and moves into the barn
    Dragonhawk: ((Mythic question: IS there a window? « 1d100 = 22 » at chaos 6 and 50/50 ))

Seiankornai: “I think I better end this…”

Dragonhawk: ((Fate chart says “there is a smallish window up there” ))

  • Seiankornai bites the Garamat
    Hits « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » for « 1d10+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » AP 1
    Seiankornai: ((drat, not a threat))

Dragonhawk: hits

Seian gets a mouthful of hard crystal

  • Seiankornai crunches them in his mouth and grumbles how other drakes can like this kind of thing
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Vari gently picks Mala up and takes her away from where that monster disappeared to
    Malaina: ((Done))

Jessaila has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((is it possible to get past/around Seian to get at the Garamat?))

Jessaila: ((I’d intended to catch Mala, but apparently Vari did that?))

Dragonhawk: ((you can move through allies freely))

  • Jessaila decides to continue assisting Malaina, since she’s not been terribly good against the big critter.
    Grok: ((or when Grok is moving, over your allies freely))

Grok: ((after he knocks them down, that is.))

Dragonhawk: ((Jamshid can go while Jessaila doe healing))

Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 » Medicine
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur slips around Seiankornai and attempts to dismember the garamat with one quick blow (Attack 25 for « 1d10+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » lethal, ap4, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

Dragonhawk: hit, but not ultimate dismemberment

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: *Garamat has his favorite punching bag back!

Dragonhawk: The Big Garamat slams at Jamshid hitting « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » for possible « 2d8+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 »

Dragonhawk: The Big Garamat slams at Jamshid hitting « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » for possible « 2d8+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 »

Dragonhawk: *Big Garamat is growing clumsy in its desperation (and close quarters)

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur strikes back (Combat Instincts — Attack 13 for 7)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: spending action die to boost attack roll 1

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done again))

Dragonhawk: hit

Thurirl: ((time to hurt things))

  • Thurirl has murderous intentions towards the thing that hurt Malaina.
    Dragonhawk: ((done teaching, killing now))

Seiankornai: ((let’s see how subtle he is when he’s angry))

Thurirl: ((subtle and quick to anger? =P))

Seiankornai: ((ah yes, you do have that class feature, don’t you))

Dragonhawk: ((hehe))

  • Thurirl acts a little quicker than usual, his motions a blur. (Surge of Speed)
  • Thurirl decides he needs a little help, summoning magic to his aid…
  • Thurirl summons arcane energy into his natural senses, enhancing his ability to perceive enemy defenses. (6 magic bonus; error range decreased by 2)
    Spellcasting « 1d20
    11 = 10 + 11 = 21 »
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » for « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » damage.
    Thurirl: ((so, that’s 5+6=11, I believe…))

Seiankornai: ((I’d roll an action die to boost that up, so you can still hit maybe))

Dragonhawk: ((yeah))

Dragonhawk: ((you need a two or better on the AD))

Thurirl: Action Die: « 1d6 = 5 »

Seiankornai: ((yay))

Thurirl: ((Fluttershy: Yay!))

Seiankornai: (( LTZctTG6cE>You mean this?))

Thurirl knocks a sliver of crystal out of the monster. Call it a downpayment on the hurt to come.
Grok has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((bah))

  • Grok pushes aside the puny others and smashes the creature with his fist
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 » for « 1d4+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage

Thurirl: ((not workin’ for some reason))

You can almost see gaps in the rubble-monster’s crystal shell.
Thurirl: ((the link I mean))

Isabis has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((MapTool broke my link ))

  • Isabis discovers a window and climbs in the upper story
    Seiankornai: ((/me turns off smilies, how’s this?))
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 »
  • Isabis misses
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai tries to bite the thing again, since he’s bite is more accurate than his flame
    Hits « 1d20+9 = 20 + 9 = 29 » for « 1d10+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » damage, AP 1
    Seiankornai: ((activating that crit, and spending an AD for extra damage « 1d6 = 3 »))

Seiankornai bites the elemental to pieces, and it evaporates from this plane with another loud shriek.
end init

  • Seiankornai crunches crystal chunks in his mouth and then spits them out
  • Thurirl sheathes his sword with a snort of contempt.
    Malaina: ((No clue how many more Wounds I got healed back beside the 1))
  • Seiankornai lets out a triumphant roar
    Thurirl: “A most unfit student. Next time, do not cause injury to my friends.”

Dragonhawk: ((you got it down to 1 vitality, and then critted in instead ))

Seiankornai: ((oh))

  • Thurirl goes to check on said friend.
    Thurirl: “Are you doing better, Malaina?”

Dragonhawk: ((granted, for every wound point it had all in one go))

  • Isabis climbs down from the hay loft and goes to check on Malaina too
    Malaina: “Feeling a bit better, still stings…”

Dragonhawk: Mala and Jamshid, roll fort vs 10

Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » Fortitude

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Fortitude 13

Dragonhawk: ((nothing happens.))

Malaina: ((So I have 3 wounds now?))

Seiankornai: “After you took that wound I figured it best to try to end the fight very quickly.”

Dragonhawk: ((and whatever vitality you had))

Malaina: ((What?))

Seiankornai: ((yeah, you should still be mostly ok, just avoid close confrontation with special cahracters))

Dragonhawk: ((vitality and wounds are separate, and normally vitality has to go first before the enemy can wound you))

Malaina: ((so the 63 Vitality I had before is gone?))

Seiankornai: ((no))

Seiankornai: ((crits bypass the vitality, and leave it alone))

Dragonhawk: ((no, that’s what I’m getting at – you still have that vitality as a buffer between mob monsters and dying))

Seiankornai: ((/me shall explain in IRC))

Isabis: "Well, that was exciting. You think we just met your “ghostly schoolmaster” Jessaila?

Thurirl: “We’ll make sure you are better before we continue exploring. If this place has more enemies hidden here, we should all be in fighting shape.”

  • Isabis heals people’s smaller injuries with “Touch of light” while she talks
  • Thurirl helps out with his own “Touch of Light” so Isabis doesn’t have to spend so much magic.
    Jessaila: “Didn’t look all that ghostly to me.”
Jessaila: “But it might explain part of why the place is so dangerous.”

Thurirl: “Indeed. It is illogical to assume something so corporal and beastly is the ghost we have heard of.”

Isabis: “You’d be surprised what people mistake for ghosts.”

Isabis: “And those things all made my least favorite classroom sound, many times a minute.”

Thurirl: “Agreed. The sound was most displeasing.”

Isabis: “Anyway. The stable yard is clear now. Anyone see anythign with writing?”

Seiankornai: ((who has the highest medicine skill?))

Jessaila: ((+8 for me))

Isabis: ((can’t be me))

Seiankornai: ((ok, Thurirl has a +8 as well))

Thurirl: ((we tie then))

Thurirl: ((apparently, my guy is rather versatile =P))

Jessaila: « 2d6 = 7 » for mend

Dragonhawk: ((That puts Malaina at 10 so far))

Dragonhawk: ((Grok, Jamshid, Seian, are you watching the healing, searching, back to exploring…?))

  • Seiankornai is keeping an eye out for any more trouble
    Seiankornai doesn’t hear any more scratching around, or other unexpected sounds.
  • Thurirl gives Malaina a pat on the back, giving them a small dose of healing magic.
    Effect: Heals one (1) point of vitality HP on the target. (Harms undead.)
    Spellcasting Check: « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 »
  • Grok starts poking around again
    Seiankornai: ((Mala already has full vitality, and Touch of Light doesn’t fix wound damage))

Thurirl: ((retcon then?))

Seiankornai: ((you’ll need to actually spend some spell points on Cure Wounds I, not use the free Touch of Light))

Dragonhawk: ((search check for any room you haven’t searched yet and wish to))

Seiankornai: ((no need to retcon, it cost you nothing))

  • Thurirl gathers healing energy and uses it on Malaina, sealing the wounds. (Effect: You heal 10 damage on a standard character, or 10 vitality or 1 wound on a special character (your choice).)
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 7 + 11 = 18 »
  • Seiankornai alos looks at the stables, contemplating how well they’ll burn
    Grok: « roll 1d20+1 = Invalid expression: roll 1d20+1. »

Grok: looking for stuff « 1d20+1 = 10 + 1 = 11 »

  • Isabis casts touch of light on herself 18 times and goes back to searching the courtyard
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok finds nothing. You’re rolling vs 15))
  • Thurirl makes certain Malaina is doing better before searching the rooms more.
  • Malaina stands up, the pain pretty much gone, though feeling a bit woobly and thanks Jess and Thurirl for their help, planning to thank Isabis later
  • Grok continues looking around « 1d20+1 = 20 + 1 = 21 »
    Grok finds some crumpled and ashy papers in what might have been a dining room. They have writing marks on them.
  • Grok sniffs it
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
  • Thurirl searches for clues. « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 »
    It smells like a cold campfire…well, so does the whole place
    Dragonhawk: ((Thurirl, you searching the courtyard?))
  • Grok grabs the papers
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 » Searchs

Thurirl: ((um… I guess I’ll search wherever, so courtyard for now…))

Jessaila: “You know, I think we ought to stay closer together.”
  • Grok goes to the third floor to search as well « 1d20+1 = 10 + 1 = 11 »
    Malaina: “Probably a good idea.”

Seiankornai: “Fight things more on our terms you mean, rather than just wading in? Vidoss How silly ;)”

Thurirl finds a crate lid with something painted on it. The runes are surprisingly artistic for the surface they’re on – humans would have stenciled, but this almost looks like caligraphy

  • Malaina rolls her eyes at Seian, speaking and understanding Vidoss since she was just a child
    Jessaila: “Do I want to know, Mala?”
Malaina: “No, just Seian being….Seian.” Jessaila: “Ah.”

Seiankornai: “That I am.”

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur heads up to the third floor with Grok, partly to search and partly to make sure Grok doesn’t break anything (Search 10)
  • Thurirl tries to find someone who could tell him what the crate might hold.
    Thurirl: ((with my luck, this is fancy Elven lettering for “Trash Crate” =P))

Dragonhawk: ((Jessaila and Isabis can read pretty nearly anything you’ll find in here))

Grok: W “Found writing.” and hands it over to Jamshid

  • Grok looks for other rooms up here
    Dragonhawk: ((pointing to doors for Grok))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attempts to decipher it
  • Thurirl tries to wave down one of the scholars.
  • Grok smashes open bottom door
    Jessaila: “What is it, Thurirl?”
  • Grok looks for something good to eat, and as an afterthought, writing as well. « 1d20+1 = 19 + 1 = 20 »
    You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: You can’t read Grok’s find either, although it looks like recipes judging by the format
    Grok: ((is that another tower Grok sees to the east?

Seiankornai: ((I think that’s the top of the wall))

Grok can see out the windows that there was once another tower SE of him, though it was not accessed from his current position and is now open to the sky.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur checks to see if there is a fourth level
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: W “These are recipes Grok”
  • Jessaila looks at what Thurirl has.
  • Grok pulls out his cook book. W “Write in here, please.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: W “We can copy them out when we get back to camp, not sure I know what these ingredients are or what the recipe is for — this is very old Elvish writing”
  • Thurirl gestures to the crate. “I require a translation.”
  • Grok looks disappointed
    The stairway you came up has topped out, but from seeing the outside you know that there is another tower still standing. It should be NW of you.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur heads to the other tower
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and off-camera since I need to go to sleep))
  • Seiankornai flys up and takes a good look all of the outside of the ruin, above and around ((ie, can we get rid of a lot fo the fog of war? :P ;) ))
  • Jessaila is getting irritated with everyone wandering around individually.
  • Grok breaks open other door when DM gets a chance.
    You whisper to Jessaila: The fancy imprint on the crate says "MadMagic Co. – Your source for (illegible) "
  • Thurirl is not wandering. He’s standing right… oh, right. Invisible by nature.
  • Isabis moves upstairs
    Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
    Dragonhawk: ((The time now is 2 minutes until too late, that is, time to save for the week))
Jessaila: “Interesting, Thurirl.” Jessaila: “I think it’s a shipping crate.”

Dragonhawk: ((finish your conversations, but nobody more further))

Thurirl: “Can you guess at the contents within?”

Malaina: “Was it shipped here? And from where?”

Jessaila: “It says ’MadMagic Co. – Your source for…” eh… something."

Thurirl: “That does not fill one with confidence.”

Jessaila: “It looks suspiciously like the Kamil term for.. uh, turnips.” Jessaila: “But it looks like the paint smeared.”

Dragonhawk: (( the “something” part is more weathered than the rest too ))

Thurirl: “Forgive my presumption, but ‘MadMagic’ sounds like a store one usually avoids. Particularly if one is fond of one’s limbs and extremities.”

Dragonhawk: ((aw come on, how dangerous can turnips be?))

Dragonhawk: (( ))

Seiankornai: “Well, there has to be something to explain what happened to the elven empire.”

Jessaila: “Falling turnips isn’t it.”

Thurirl: “Perhaps a particularly bad crop of magical turnips?”

  • Thurirl can’t hide the twinkle in his eye.
    Seiankornai: “NOt turnips, no, but if the elves had anything called ‘MadMagic’ be acceptable in their civilization, it’s not surprising that they exploaded.”

Thurirl: “I concur. No sensible civilization would allow such a business to exist, or at least not let it deliver supplies to vital outposts.”

Thurirl: “But then, we are judging the dead in ignorance. Perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt.”

  • Thurirl looks at those present, not wishing to offend.
    Seiankornai: “They were dealing with something they shouldn’t have been, and now a lot of us suffer for it as well.”
Jessaila: “Even that’s unclear, I think.”
  • Isabis feels an odd desire to go downstairs and join a conversation for some reason… (( ))
    Dragonhawk: ((Time to close up for the week.))

Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 17

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 16

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk