Log 21

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 20

Yesterday was a long day, all of it spent in inglorious if prudent retreat.
The good news was, the enemy were killing each other. The bad news was, Grok succeeded in getting their attention, shattering the helpful delusion that they had you bottled up inside the tower where they could root you out at leisure.
After a long march characterized by an obsession with going where horses could not easily follow, you found this dry and temporarily safe cave where you decided to spend the night.
To your amazement, you had time to eat, examine some of your loot, discuss theology, and sleep your watches, and nothing has disturbed you. Thurirl took sunrise watch.
The wind whispers, the weeds rustle, and Thurirl turns away to wake the party.

  • Thurirl is careful to wake the others by means which will not result in injury to himself. He’s seen Grok wake up once already.
    Dragonhawk: ((feel free to reposition yourselves to realistic sleeping positions if you’d like; the fire has been out since you finished supper))
  • Emelgard groans loudly upon awakening. “I feel like I slept on a stone slab. …wait where am… OH. Right. I actually did.”
    Thurirl: “An astute assessment of your surroundings.”
  • Seiankornai slits an eye open, “And ust what exactly is wrong with a stone slab?”
  • Grok continues to sleep
    Emelgard: “Nothing if you’re a scaly monstrous drake, but if you’re an elf it does unfortunate things to your back!”
    Emelgard: “I think I injured my leg yesterday, too.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
    Seiankornai: “You shouldn’t sleep on your back, then.”
    Jessaila: “Or get used to sleeping on odd things.”
  • Thurirl picks up a pebble. He thinks a moment, puts it down and picks up a rock. Time to wake the ogre.
    Emelgard: “Humph. Well, anyway, the sun’s up and we’re not skewered. Moru looks with favor on us, her chosen…er…on us.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
  • Thurirl takes careful aim and hurls the rock for what he hopes is one of the ogres nerve points.
    You whisper to Jessaila: The gauntish saying is “Morul looks with favor on us, her chosen shapers of the river of power, that we might rise in glory once again.”
    Emelgard: ((ranged attack, Thurirl))
  • Isabis stretches and gathers up her bedroll
    Thurirl: ((and how the heck am I supposed for roll for that?!))
  • Seiankornai goes over to Grok and, form a safe distance, roars in his ear W “Time to get up!”
  • Seiankornai then jumps back
    Emelgard: ((just like you would for a bow, 1d20+dex))
  • Grok rolls over and snorts
    Isabis: “Chosen magic users, isn’t it? I’ll take that.”
    Thurirl: « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 »
  • Jessaila mumbles back at Emelgard: “shosen chapers of the river of flour, rise in glory, blah blah blah…”
    Grok: W "what’s for breakfast?
    Emelgard: “Madam, I …have extra and especial no comment on that.”
  • Jessaila rubs her eyes.
    Jessaila: “Ugh. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard that. Could have gone longer, frankly.”
    Player “Jessails” is not connected.
    You whisper to Jessaila: Hehe, river of flour
  • Thurirl decides to work on his aim some other time.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Trail rations again, unless somebody killed some game while I was sleeping”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((that was in Woanish))
    Group notice check « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 »
  • Grok grumbles, and pulls out some trail rations
    Seiankornai: “Killing game at this time would’ve been very risky.”
    Isabis: “Indeed. Well, at least we can eat trail rations while we move. What’s the order of the day, wading or flying or… did you hear something?”
    Jessaila: “It helps to have good night-sight.”
  • Jessaila listens.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » Notice
    You whisper to Jessaila: It sounds like someone failing a move silently check outside the cave
  • Thurirl stiffens and listens as well.
    Emelgard: ((notice))
  • Jessaila draws her saber.
    Thurirl: « 1d20+8 = 11 + 8 = 19 » Notice
    You whisper to Thurirl: It sounds like someone failing a move silently check outside the cave
    Jessaila: “Someone’s outside.”
    Thurirl: ((I don’t have a button for it yet =P pardon my slow fingers))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur readies a javelin
    Thurirl: “I concur.”
    Emelgard: ((NP, just making sure you knew what I was waiting for))
    Thurirl: “Shall I fetch the new student?”
  • Isabis prepares her hand-claw
  • Grok continues to eat, unconcerned about intruders
  • Thurirl draws his knife and prepares to move.
  • Emelgard squeaks out “Hide me! I don’t have a sword!”
    Isabis: (whispering) “Is it just one?”
    Seiankornai: “Eh, if I had known they’d find us so quickly, I would’ve gone out hunting anyway.”
  • Seiankornai grumbles to himself
  • Jessaila tries to look out the cave.
  • Grok gets a brillant idea
  • Thurirl considers finding a tree to hide next to.
  • Thurirl then decides to back into the cave as far away from the ogre as possible.
    Grok: w “You have food out there? Give and we let you live.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur stays where he has a good view of the entrance
    Gaunt: “It’s the Ogre! I mean, the invading…the non…it’s them!”
    Thurirl: “So much for a peaceful morning.”
    Shufdhow: “Get them! Get the treasure, it’s ours!”
    Seiankornai: “Ah, sounds like elf and not goblin or whoever it was that were the cronists.”
    Gaunt: ((ogre mercenaries, so “the ogre” really isn’t specific enough ))
    Grok: W “Gimme food.”
    Gaunt: “What’s he saying?”
    Gaunt: “Who cares, shoot him!”
  • Seiankornai shouts “What treasure, exactly?”
  • Thurirl gets ready to teach more fools the art of subtlety.
  • Jessaila would wish, if she knew what Grok was saying, that she had a desk to headdesk on.
    Gaunt: ((the gaunt, needless to say, are all speaking their own tongue and not Melios))
    Initiative!
  • Isabis Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 »
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
    Grok: wow
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 »
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » Initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur rolls: 1d20+5 => 13 + 5 = 18
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » init
  • Gaunt ambushers all have init « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 »
    Gaunt: *Emelgard has « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 »
    Gaunt: *Shufdhow has « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » if he stays to fight this time, the sneak.
    Gaunt: *Patrol leader has « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 »
    Gaunt: ((Oh…who wants to play malaina tonight? She’s all healed up I think.))
    Gaunt: *Malaina and vari go on init 8
    Seiankornai: ((the sleepy heads :P ))
    Grok: not it
    Thurirl: ((will ya put those in parentheses, for heaven’s sake? =P))
    Gaunt: ((Maybe I’ll just let Vari barricade her in for hte first part of the fight.))
    Grok leads the charge!
    Seiankornai: ((say she’s still getting up and putting on her armor))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Gaunt: ((But Thurirl slips past him, perhaps ))
    Seiankornai: ((oh, I’m quite sure Thurirl is willing to let the big ogre lead the distracting charge ;) ))
    Grok: ((as always
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jessaila!
    Seiankornai: ((btw, what would people think of using Skype while gaming?))
    Seiankornai: ((tried it with another group and it seemed to help things along))
    Thurirl sees the enemy…hmm. That’s a fair number of elves there, though not so many as were at the tower yesterday. It looks like a block of short-swordsmen in loose formation around a remnant of their archers
    Jessaila: ((Hmm. Decisions decisions…)
    Thurirl: ((as a chatroom? ‘cause I thought group chats through audio and/or video cost money on Skype…))
    Gaunt: ((I think it’s just the video that costs?))
    Seiankornai: ((video, yes, but not audio))
    Seiankornai: ((audio is free for group chats))
    Gaunt: ((Take this discussion to IRC for now, though))
    Seiankornai: ((k))
  • Jessaila casts Magic Vestment 1 on herself.
    Seiankornai: ((but not everyone was on IRC :P ;) ))
    Seiankornai: ((going to move?))
    Gaunt: ((that’s just one action, isn’t it Jessaila?))
    Jessaila: ((Nope, casting’s a full-round action, it says.))
    Gaunt: ((Ah, OK.))
    Jessaila: ((Er, full action.))
    Jessaila: ((That make a difference?))
  • Gaunt Axeman yells “Bottle them up! Keep those drakes out of the sky or they’ll see them!”
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai raises an eye ridge at that
  • Isabis jogs towards the cave entrance
    Grok has received initiative.
    Grok!
  • Thurirl also quirks and eye ridge.
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, go smash!”
  • Emelgard cowers in terror, trying to find a rock or cranny big enough to hide him.
    Emelgard: ((that will take up his whole first round 9.9 ))
    Emelgard: ((Jamshid go when Grok is done, I’ll BRB))
  • Grok throws to javelins at 2 and 75
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » damage
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((nice))
    Grok: activate crit
    Grok: ((done))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur moves to the entrance of the cave and hurls a javelin at Gaunt 4 (Attack 9 Damage 6 ap4, massive, bleed, orc)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
    Emelgard: ((choose your victims, Grok))
    Emelgard: ((Jamshid misses))
    Grok: ((was 2 and 75))
    GauntMacros: 75 saves for « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 » vs 21
    Emelgard: ((Got it))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Unknown command: “eSeiankornai!”. Try /help for a list of commands.
    Seiankornai!
  • Seiankornai moves out of the cave and breaths fire at Gaunt elf 50
    Hits « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » for « 2d6+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 » fire damage (Ref save DC 17 for half)
    Emelgard: ((miss))
  • Shufdhow sneaks for « 1d20+17 = 15 + 17 = 32 »
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Gaunt 4 charges Seian, yelling in Kamil
    Gaunt: (Get back inside you lizard!)
  • Seiankornai has no idea what the elf is saying
  • Gaunt attempts to knock Seian back in « 1d20+2 = 13 + 2 = 15 »
  • Thurirl mutters, “How disrespectful.”
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » Athletics to resist
    Gaunt: ((I’m sorry. 3. so resist vs. 16))
    Seiankornai: ((
    2 for size difference))
  • Seiankornai puts out a claw catches the elf and tosses him back a bit
    Gaunt: “Oof!”
  • Gaunt 1 tries his luck the same way « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 »
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7+2 = 1 + 7 + 2 = 10 » Athletics to resist
    Seiankornai: ((Seian wins the tie))
  • Gaunt manages to rock Seian back on his haunches, but in general, the result is the same
  • Seiankornai chuckles to himself, “The nomlings come and lie down before me.”
  • Gaunt Leader yells “Idiots! Hit him with something!”
    Grok: ((try and push me! Push me!))
    Gaunt: ((Seian’s in front of you or they might ))
    Seiankornai: “You do know it is very rude to not speak in a language that your opponant doesn’t know, right?”
  • Seiankornai shouts that in each language he knows
  • Gaunt 50 gives the gauntish reply in the form of an arrow.
    Thurirl: “He called you a lizard.”
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 50 shoots a barbed arrow at Seian hitting « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » for damage « 1d6 = 5 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    Thurirl: “Such poor manners.”
    Seiankornai: “Ah, no wonder he used a language I did not know.”
  • Seiankornai whaps the arrow aside with his tail as he makes the comment to Thurirl
  • Gaunt throws a flash bomb at you « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 »
  • Gaunt 6 wastes a flash bomb
    Seiankornai: ((what happens if we activate the error?))
    Gaunt: ((then it lands at her feet, flashing the thrower for potential temporary blindness))
    Unresolved value “which”.
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 47 shoots a barbed arrow at Grok hitting « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » for damage « 1d6 = 1 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 49 shoots a barbed arrow at Seian hitting « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » for damage « 1d6 = 4 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
  • Seiankornai lowers his head to sniff at the elves on the ground just in time
    Seian is apparently experiencing the blessing of the dragon kings today. Grok is not so lucky.
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Elf 44 attacks Seian hitting « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » for damage « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 » (crit range 19-20, keen 4)
    Grok: ((except dr prevents it, even with AP 2))
    Seiankornai: ((Grok has a new ornament sticking out his armor ;) ))
    Seiankornai: ((and miss on me))
  • Gaunt 3 Tries shoving Seian one more time, yelling “Get INSIDE” …in Kamil, for all the good that does.
  • Seiankornai is having a very amusing fight today, he quite enjoys it
  • Gaunt shoves for « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7+2 = 5 + 7 + 2 = 14 » Athletics to resist
    Seiankornai: “No.” He says, regardless of what the elf is saying to him
    Seiankornai: V “I like how they’re all lining up so very nicely for me to cook them.”
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Thurirl!
  • Thurirl sees someone ripe for volunteering.
    Emelgard: “Oh, that’s just embarassing. HEY IDIOTS! Don’t you know the drake is heavier than you??”
    Thurirl: Kamalil: “I think it’s time you learned some manners.”
  • Thurirl draws his shortsword and advances on the rude elf.
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » for « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » damage.
    Thurirl: ((lucky 68))
    GauntMacros: 68 saves for « 1d20+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 » vs 18
    Seiankornai: ((not so lucky 68))
    Thurirl: ((my mistake))
    Thurirl slashes the bandages right off of his target, opening up an existing wound. Hmm. The elf collapses unconscious.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Thurirl: “Teh. Pathetic.”
  • Jessaila looks around, making sure that the cave is secure before she turns her back to it.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » Notice
    Jessaila: ((I’m betting I see nothing sneaking up on us, right?))
    You know of only one entrance to the cave, and it is currently full of ogre. There’s a “bottomless” pit, but you didn’t see any signs of something living down there last night.
    Emelgard: ((you notice nothing that isn’t obvious))
    Thurirl: ((which is when the giant spiders come up to see what’s making all the noise =P))
    Grok: ((naw, we have to be concerned with the watcher of the water))
    Grok: ((or maybe a Balrog))
    Thurirl: ((oh geez, the Watcher was creepy…))
    Seiankornai: ((or both together, or both combined))
    Grok: ((dibs on the Balrog if that happens))
  • Jessaila charges out of the cave and throws her boomerang offhand at one of the gaunt elves on the right flank.
    Emelgard: ((Blue circles are prone due to having attempted to bull rush a drake))
  • Jessaila throws her boomerang. « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » to hit, « 1d6 = 1 » subdual damage.
  • Gaunt 6 yells “Ahh! Right on the stab, you (unprintable)!”
    GauntMacros: 6 saves for « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » vs 11
    Jessaila: ((On the stab?))
  • Gaunt 6 runs away like a coward, clutching her bandaged arm
    Seiankornai: “Good throw, Jessaila.”
    Thurirl: “…why were we concerned about these ones again?”
    Jessaila: “Because there are a lot of them.”
    Thurirl: “Ah. Thank you.”
  • Gaunt Leader is making hair-tearing motions and yelling things like “Argh! Ahhh! Imbeciles! Cowards!”
    Seiankornai: “We’ll solve that shortly, I think.”
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Gaunt shoots at gaunt elf 80, hitting « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » for possible « 1d6 = 4 » AP2
    GauntMacros: 80 saves for « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » vs 14
    Grok has received initiative.
    Thurirl: ((I’m sure you meant Isabis, unless they’re getting bad enough to shoot each other by mistake.))
    Jessaila: ((I name thee, Grok, ’Bowling Brawl" in the hope you bowl them all over in this brawl.))
    Grok: ((as you wish))
    Grok: ((bull rushing from here.))
    Gaunt: ((Er, yes, I posted that last attack from the wrong account. Sorry.))
    Grok: « 1d20+19 = 14 + 19 = 33 » for bull rush
    Gaunt: ((Do I see correctly that you moved and then bull rushed?))
  • Gaunt resists « 1d20+2 = 12 + 2 = 14 »…maybe
    Gaunt: ((which way are you pushing whom now?))
    Grok: ((Gaunt elf 5. Running over about 5 obstructing elves while at it
    Grok: actually, it would work better and cleaner to do
    Grok: elf 80
    Grok: ((so 2 elves, 1 prone elf, and 80 as the main target
    Grok: ((he goes back 4 squares with a 14))
    Gaunt: ((OK, point 1: If you do this, it takes up half of your next turn as well. Point 2: You cannot push prone elves during a bull rush, they are on the ground and you would have to, like, dive into them to make it work. They are a trip hazard.))
    Grok: ((Point 1, surge of speed. Point 2, i’m fine with ignoring prone elves.))
    Gaunt: ((OK, just making sure we’re agreeing on what happens here))
    Grok: ((obstructing elves would make opposed athletics checks, go sprawled in random direction if failed, and take my unarmed damge.))
    Grok: ((that should be 15 and 67))
    Gaunt: ((Ah, right))
  • Gaunt 15 resists « 1d20+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »? and maybe 67 « 1d20+2 = 8 + 2 = 10 »?
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » for « 1d4+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » for « 1d4+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
    Gaunt: deviation 15: « 1d8 = 8 »
    deviation 67: « 1d8 = 5 »
    Grok: ignore attack roll, 10 and 9 damage
    GauntMacros: 15 saves for « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » vs 20
    Seiankornai: ((Aww))
    GauntMacros: 67 saves for « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » vs 17
    Grok literally stomps one elf into the ground
    Grok: ((done))
    Seiankornai: ((ogre courtesy grave))
    Grok: ((squish squash))
    Emelgard: “Our people! Stop it you barbarian!”
    Seiankornai: “Get back in the cave.”
  • Emelgard runs frantically out onto the battlefield
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Knight init « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 »
    Jamshid!
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur advances and hurls a second javelin at the gaunt axeman (Attack 25 for 7 damage, ap4, massive, orc, bleed)
    You all recognize the axeman…he’s the guy who’s arms you broke so he wouldn’t kill Emelgard last time you got ambushed.
    He seems to be in charge of this farce now, probably promoted after the death of his senior officer last time.
    Emelgard: ((Jamshid are you done?))
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai makes a quick bite at the elf in front of him
    Bite hits « 1d20+9 = 12 + 9 = 21 » for « 1d10+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » damage, AP 1, threat 15-20
    Seiankornai: ((using Contempt for a free attack))
    GauntMacros: 44 saves for « 1d20+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » vs 22
    Seian is eating the enemy again it would seem.
  • Seiankornai tears a bloody chunk out of the elf
    Emelgard: “Aargh! What are you DOING?”
  • Seiankornai 5ft steps and breaths a line of fire down the line of elves
    Thurirl: “I must agree. You do not where that has been!”
    Seiankornai: Hits « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » for « 2d6+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 » fire damage (DC 17 ref save)
    Seiankornai: “I know it is elf, thus it is clean and flavored quite nicely.”
    Seiankornai: “Plus I have cooked the chunk.” Gulps
    Emelgard: « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 » « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 »
    Seiankornai: ((done))
    Grok: W “EH! Save some for me!”"
  • Thurirl is not sure how he feels about this…
  • Jessaila is studiously ignoring it – for now.
    Emelgard: « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » vs 2
    Grok: ((Thurirl want some to?))
    Emelgard: « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 » « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » vs 9
    Thurirl: ((I’m not sure he is comfortable eating other sentients))
    GauntMacros: 4 saves for « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 » vs 23
    GauntMacros: 5 saves for « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » vs 13
    Grok: ((they are attacking us. Again. I’d rethink that designation of “sentient”))
    GauntMacros: 3 saves for « 1d20+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 » vs 14
    Seiankornai: ((that is a very good point))
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 1 shoots a barbed arrow at 20 hitting « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » for damage « 1d6 = 1 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    GauntMacros: 1 saves for « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 » vs 20
  • Gaunt Shufdhow sneaks like the sneak he is
    Group notice « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 49 shoots a barbed arrow at Grok hitting « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 » for damage « 1d6 = 6 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 47 shoots a barbed arrow at Grok hitting « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » for damage « 1d6 = 4 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Archer 50 shoots a barbed arrow at Grok hitting « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » for damage « 1d6 = 5 » (crit range 19-20, bleed, AP2)
    GauntMacros: * Gaunt Elf 0 attacks Grok hitting « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » for damage « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » (crit range 19-20, keen 4)
    Unresolved value “which”.
    Gaunt: * Gaunt Elf 80 attacks Grok hitting « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 » for damage « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » (crit range 19-20, keen 4)
    The surviving elves try ganging up on Grok (That is sure to go well…)
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Malaina finishes donning her armor and commences negotiations with Vari to be let out to fight.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: ((sure it will go well. quicker to finish them all off.))
    Thurirl!
  • Thurirl decides perhaps it is time to cut the head off of the snake…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 5 + 12 = 17 » Damage: « 3d4 = 6 » per ray; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((burning the (t)Axeman))
  • Gaunt Leader is burned
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((Are these elves the archers?))
    Isabis: ((yes))
    Jessaila: ((Excellent. Soon they shall be former archers.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » to hit, « 1d10 = 3 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((En garde!))
    Jessaila: “Hello cousin. Goodbye, cousin.”
  • Gaunt looks vaguely surprised before he dies
  • Gaunt Leader cries “That’s it! You’re going to pay for this, YOU!”
  • Jessaila looks at the gaunt elves to her right and flourishes her saber to whip the blood off it.
  • Jessaila tells 0 exactly what he’s in for:
    Threaten action with intimidate check (14) opposed by Resolve for a potential « 1d6 = 1 » stress damage.
    Gaunt: ((didn’t you already move and attack this round?))
    Jessaila: ((Er, yes?))
    Jessaila: ((Did I exceed my badass quotient for this turn?))
    Gaunt: ((Then I think that action has to wait for next round; threaten does take a half action))
  • Gaunt bull rushes Jessaila, making opposed athletics check « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 »
  • Gaunt is all fail
    Jessaila: ((LOL!))
    Seiankornai: ((depends on if Jessaila rolls lower))
    Seiankornai: ((what’s Jessaila’s athletics?))
    Gaunt: ((…point. Roll to see if YOU get a 1 also 9.9 ))
    Jessaila: ((Which is possible, it’s just 1))
    Jessaila: « 1d20
    1 = 9 + 1 = 10 » Athletics
    Gaunt: ((That’s what I thought ))
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((Wait!))
    Gaunt: ((Waiting))
    Thurirl: ((“The sun catches on her armor and blinds the poor elf into tripping over his own feet.”))
    Jessaila: ((Did he move into an adjacent square to me?))
    Gaunt: ((He moved, however briefly, into your very own square))
    Gaunt: ((He is, I should note, a special character))
    Jessaila: ((I have a feat against that.))
    Jessaila: ((En Garde! (Fencing Blade Total Defense Trick): Each opponent who moves into a square adjacent to you must make a Reflex save (DC 10 + your Dex modifier + the number of Melee Combat feats you have) or be automatically hit by your fencing blade.))
  • Jessaila strikes out at the approaching enemy. (Ref save DC 15 to avoid « 1d10+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage.)
    Seiankornai: ((well, you do have to be using the total defense action))
    Jessaila: ((I do?))
    Jessaila: ((I’ve not been doing so before when I’ve used it.))
    Seiankornai: ((TOTAL DEFENSE 1 Full Action • Movement Action The character focuses exclusively on defending himself. He may take 1 Standard Move action and gains a +4 dodge bonus to Defense for 1 full round.))
    Jessaila: ((Okay, will clear it up in IRC.))
    Seiankornai: ((then you’ve been using it incorrectly :P :) ))
    Gaunt: ((NP, I didn’t catch that until just now either))
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 »
  • Isabis just barely hits Gaunt 51, doing damage « 1d6 = 1 »
    Suddenly, you hear shouting…in woanish
    Ogre: (W) “There they are master!”
    Seiankornai: “Uh oh. Friends of yours, Grok?”
    There is an odd pause, then a massed roaring.
    Suddenly, there are a lot of large humanoids wearing the symbol of the crone charging down at you from the NE
    Thurirl: “…terrible manners. They could have waited until breakfast.”
  • Gaunt Leader says “Should’ve gone inside like we wanted…”
    Grok: W “Repent kinsmen, and follow me! Free yourself from the control of the crone!”
  • Gaunt laughs, literally hysterical
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 22

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 21

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk