Log 36

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 35

When last we saw our heroes, they were winning a battle agains a goblin warparty.
Seiankornai: ((of course not, who’d giftwrap an ogre?))

Jessaila: ((A bigger ogre, Seian.))

Seiankornai: ((I counter with the fact that ogres don’t do giftwrapping))

To the north, Malaina and Vari are mopping up the last of the vanguard attack force. Grok, Isabis, and Seian are near the N force, which is mostly dead, though a few are still chasing the nearest wagon. The leader of that unit is still alive, on the road near Seainkornai.
Jamshid, Thurirl, and some of the ordinary caravan guards are dealing the goblin force S (with white unit markers) just south of the large rock/small cliff marked in grey
Getting left behind at the far south are two caravan guards trying to hold off three of the unnaturally overmuscled goblins.
Dragonhawk: ((If they kill of that force on their own, you totally don’t get XP for not helping them ))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila looks around for the nearest foe.
    Dragonhawk: ((also: regular goblins have WIS 12 and dex 16, for those who care about such things.))

Jessaila: ((IIRC from last session, Isabis was in a spot of bother, wasn’t she?))

  • Seiankornai rescued her
    Isabis is gravely wounded, though she has her wind back. (wounds 2/12, vitality still full))
  • Jessaila thinks the situation at the front of the caravan is under control and moves back to help with the next group of attackers. (Double move action.)
    The last two goblins in the vanguard unit run full-tilt towards the lead wagon, just managin to grab onto the back gate.
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • GoblinHuntsman gibbers in Gamok “Hah, nasty drake can’t roast us now, he’ll set the nasty wagon on fire.”
    Malaina: ((I guess I am running then))

GoblinHuntsman: ((how much move would you have left in your run action after getting to the wagon?))

Malaina: ((I have no clue))

GoblinHuntsman: ((your base move is 30, right? how far did you go?))

Malaina: ((I went 60 but then TGU said I could get there if I did a run))

Seiankornai: ((which was about another 30))

GoblinHuntsman: ((OK, thanks TGU))

Malaina immitates the two goblins in latching on to the rear gate of the cart.
Malaina: ((Is my turn over?))

GoblinHuntsman: ((yes))

GoblinHuntsman: ((goblin group N is up))

  • Malaina says to them hatefully in Gamok “You may be out of his reach, but you aren’t out of MINE!”
    Unresolved value “which”.
  • GoblinHuntsman 3 chops at his foe (Caravaneer14), hitting « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 »
    GoblinHuntsman: *Caravan Driver 14 saves for « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » vs 15
  • GoblinHuntsman 2 chops at his foe (Caravaneer 14), hitting « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 1 »
    GoblinHuntsman: *Caravan Driver 14 saves for « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » vs 16

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 »
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 »
  • Isabis shoots goblin huntsman 2 for « 1d6 = 4 » damage
  • GoblinHuntsman 2 saves for « 1d20+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 » vs 12
  • GoblinHuntsman 5 is also hit, taking « 1d6 = 5 » damage
  • GoblinHuntsman 5 saves for « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 » vs 18
  • GoblinHuntsman 5 is one tenacious goblin
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai considers what to do
  • Seiankornai uses Contempt to attack goblin N
    Bite hits « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » for « 1d10+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » damage
  • GoblinHuntsman N saves for « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » vs 15
    GoblinLeader: (gamok) “Nasty drake…go eat mountain clans, that’s fair, leave plains clans alone!”

Seiankornai: ((done))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Seiankornai: Gamok “All goblins are fair game, don’t you know?”

GoblinLeader: (Gamok) “All drakes are cruel, yes, I know.”

Malaina: ((Ping?))

Seiankornai: ((pong))

GoblinLeader: ((Waiting on Jamshid’s turn))

Thurirl: ((Po—darn it!))

GoblinLeader: ((Thurirl, you can go too))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((pong))

GoblinLeader: ((your turn Jamshid))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur stutter steps and slashes at Goblin 9’s exposed left flank (30 for 5 ap4, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((spending action die for auto fail))

GoblinLeader: ((crit activated, check))

GoblinLeader: ((I believe you have an action remaining?))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur follows through toward Goblin 10’s left leg (15 for 11 ap4, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

GoblinLeader: miss

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl greets three of the goblins by lining them up and casting a spell at them.
  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 18 + 11 = 29 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 1 »
  • GoblinLeader 11 saves for « 1d20+2 = 19 + 2 = 21 » vs 10
  • GoblinLeader 14 saves for « 1d20+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 » vs 10
  • GoblinLeader 17 saves for « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » vs 10
    Three goblins are slightly chilled
    GoblinLeader: ((one damage point closer to those failed saves))
  • GoblinLeader 11 chops at his foe (Thurirl), hitting « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 3 »
  • GoblinLeader 14 chops at his foe (Thurirl), hitting « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 1 »
    Unresolved value “which”.
  • GoblinLeader 17 chops at his foe (Thurirl), hitting « 1d20+7+2 = 16 + 7 + 2 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 1 »
  • Thurirl gets scraped up a bit.
    It’s a fairly even exchange in Thurirl’s part of the battle.
  • GoblinLeader 16 chops at his foe (Guard 5), hitting « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 »
    Unresolved value “Who”.
  • GoblinLeader 13 chops at his foe (Guard2), hitting « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 »
  • GoblinLeader 12 chops at his foe (Guard4), hitting « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 2 »
  • GoblinLeader 10 chops at his foe (Jamshid), hitting « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 »
    Malaina: ((Who’s gonna spend the AD to activate that crit?))

GoblinLeader: *Caravan Guard 5 saves for « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » vs 12

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I will))

GoblinLeader: ((1 or 2?))

  • GoblinHuntsman 10 swings his axe in a might stroke…and the head comes off!
    GoblinHuntsman: ((1 action die makes it fly away. 2 action dice makes it hit a goblin))
  • GoblinHuntsman curses in Gamok.
    Grok: ((me too))

The flying hatchet head hits GoblinHuntsman 16, doig « 1d6 = 5 » blunt damage

  • GoblinHuntsman 16 saves for « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » vs 12
    …and knocking him unconscious!
    Grok has received initiative.
    You whisper to Grok: Remember you still have expeditious retreat
    GoblinHuntsman: ((And Grok finds someone new to fight!))
  • Grok hustles to get to another part of the battlefield
    Grok: WSURRENDER TO MIGHTY GROK OR DIE!”

Grok: ((done))

Grok: ((the magically fast ogre practically flies across the battlefield))

GoblinHuntsman: 13 (Gamok) “What’s the ogre yelling about? Who’s throwing axes?? What’s going on back there???”

  • CaravanGuard 3 attacks Goblin11 hitting « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d12+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 »
    Unresolved value “wihch”.
    CaravanGuard: *Goblin 11 saves for « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 » vs 17
  • CaravanGuard 5 attacks Goblin13 hitting « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 » for possible damage « 1d12+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
  • CaravanGuard 2 attacks 13 hitting « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 » for possible damage « 1d12+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
    CaravanGuard: *Goblin 13 saves for « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » vs 12
  • CaravanGuard 4 attacks Goblin12 hitting « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » for possible damage « 1d12+1 = 11 + 1 = 12 »
  • CaravanGuard 10 and 11 follow Jessaila
  • Seiankornai shouts to the caravaner to stop!
    Seiankornai: “You have goblins! They’er my goblins!”
CaravanGuard: “Are you crazy?!? Keep going!” CaravanGuard: “WAIT FOR UUUUUUSS!”

Jessaila has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: Jessaila, notice check before you move

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » Notice

Dragonhawk: Nevermind

Dragonhawk: Jessaila is focussed. She goes wherever she was already planning to go

  • Jessaila goes straight for the enemy.
    Dragonhawk: ((you done?))

Way up on the lead wagon, two goblins and one sunchaser are now fighting on a moving vehicle.
Jessaila: ((Full move action, no other options.))

  • GoblinHuntsman 24 spends a move action climbing up on the roof, with athletics check « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 » to climb
  • GoblinHuntsman 18 attacks malaina at -2 penalty for attacking while hanging on to the cart with one hand
  • GoblinHuntsman 18 chops at his foe (Malaina), hitting « 1d20+7-2 = 15 + 7 – 2 = 20 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 »
    Malaina: ((Hits, but no damage))

GoblinHuntsman: ((youch. How much armor are you wearing these days?))

Malaina: ((I have a DR of 4))

GoblinHuntsman: ((Oh. Hatchets are AP2))

GoblinHuntsman: ((sorry, should’ve said that earlier))

Malaina: ((Fine, 2 damage))

  • GoblinHuntsman 18 attacks the horse below him at -2 penalty for attacking while hanging on to the cart with one hand but +3 to threat range because it’s an animal
  • GoblinHuntsman 18 chops at his foe (Horse), hitting « 1d20+7-2 = 6 + 7 – 2 = 11 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 »
  • GoblinHuntsman 18 misses
    GoblinHuntsman: ((oh, that was all 24))
  • GoblinHuntsman 18 tries to climb up after his nimble companion « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » vs 15
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » Athletics

Malaina spends a move action getting back on even footing with the foe.
Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed Skull Crack @ Goblin 18

GoblinHuntsman: hit ((I’ll remind you again, you can roll damage along with your to-hit))

GoblinHuntsman: ((oh, wait, skull-crack is the auto-killing thing isn’t it?))

Malaina: ((Yesh))

GoblinHuntsman: ((You need to bold that or something, I totally missed it on first read))

Malaina: ((Sorry))

  • Vari flies as fast as possible to try and make the horses slow down
  • Malaina smirks as she pretty much opens up the head of one goblin, swinging her Halberd, ready to take out the next one
  • GoblinHuntsman 14 chops at his foe (Thurirl), hitting « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 2 »
  • GoblinHuntsman 17 chops at his foe (Horse22), hitting « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 »
  • GoblinHuntsman 10 chops at his foe (Jamshid), hitting « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 »
  • GoblinHuntsman 12 chops at his foe (Guard4), hitting « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 2 »
    GoblinHuntsman: *Caravan Guard 4 saves for « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » vs 11
  • Thurirl is reminded how poorly goblins can aim sometimes…
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
  • GoblinHuntsman skewers goblin 7 for « 1d6 = 5 » damage
    Malaina: ((Your not activating?))

Malaina: ((I’ll activate if you want, I have 3 die left))

GoblinHuntsman: ((heh, good point))

  • GoblinHuntsman 7 falls dead with an arrow through his throat.
    GoblinHuntsman: ((I’ll use Isabis’ action dice, they hardly ever get touched ))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Okie dokie!))

Seiankornai: ((shall I eat this leader type goblin, or try to catch him?))

GoblinHuntsman: ((guess it depends on whether you’re more hungry or curious))

  • Seiankornai roars at the goblin in Gamok “Surrender now and I may let you live!”
    Threaten « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » vs his resolve for « 1d6 = 4 » stress damage
  • GoblinHuntsman 3 resolves(?) « 1d20+3 = 15 + 3 = 18 » not to run from…
    GoblinHuntsman: …nevermind. Time to run away.
  • GoblinHuntsman 3 (leader) saves for « 1d20+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » vs 12
  • GoblinHuntsman trips over a rock and knocks himself unconscious when he hits his head on the ground.
    GoblinHuntsman: ((goblins are even pathetic at running away))
  • Seiankornai smirks in mild satisfaction. He’ll pick the goblin up later, and tries to catch up with the wagon
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps over his fallen adversary and attacks twice (17 for 9 ap4, bleed and 28 for 11 ap4, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

GoblinHuntsman: 28 hits, 17 not

Seiankornai: “Wait for me, you dratted cavaner! There’s goblins on you!”

  • GoblinHuntsman 10 saves for « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » vs 15
    GoblinHuntsman: ((axhar?))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I keep forgetting blackwing … er axhar))

GoblinHuntsman: ((hehehe))

  • Axhar unleashes flaming death (31 for 3 fire, ap5, t:1d20+18] for 4 fire, ap5, and t:1d20+18] for 4 fire, ap5)
    Axhar: ((oops))

Axhar: ((the second two spellcasting rolls will be 36 and 24))

Axhar: ((done))

Seiankornai: ((against whom?))

  • GoblinHuntsman 10 saves for « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » vs 17
  • GoblinHuntsman 10 saves for « 1d20+2 = 12 + 2 = 14 » vs 18
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((Goblin 12))
  • GoblinHuntsman 12 saves for « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 » vs 11
    Axhar burns down a goblin and scorches another.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl decides to roast a couple goblins, since everyone seems to like fire today…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 15 + 12 = 27 » Damage: « 3d4 = 7 » per ray; AP 5)
    GoblinHuntsman: ((target or targets?))

Thurirl: ((targetted at goblins 14 and 17))

Thurirl: ((unless there’s a third in range… =P))

  • GoblinHuntsman 14 saves for « 1d20+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 » vs 14
  • GoblinHuntsman 17 saves for « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » vs 14
    Thurirl: ((can I retcon and add in 12?))

GoblinHuntsman: ((since you downed both of the others with one left over, sure))

  • GoblinHuntsman 12 saves for « 1d20+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 » vs 15
    Thurirl: ((yay!))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Thurirl realizes someone did not learn the lesson to fall down when he flambes them… he aims with his bow to correct this…
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » for « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4.
  • GoblinHuntsman 12 saves for « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 » vs 173
    GoblinHuntsman: ((doesn’t last vs. 17 either ))

Grok is up

  • Grok engages big gobo 6 with a Javelin
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » damage
  • Thurirl tosses flaming tongues of fire in the air that lash at his enemies, then spins and shoots the one goblin that refused to learn his lesson.
    GoblinHuntsman: Grok misses

Grok: ((sigh))

Grok: ((and again. ((moved with surge of speed.))))

Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 18 + 11 = 29 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » damage

GoblinHuntsman: ((heh, OK, one awesome-die – er, action die – for Thurirl))

  • BigGoblin 6 saves for « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » vs 18
  • CaravanGuard 1 yells “HELP US!!”
    The guards that were with Jessaila notice the two goblins on the cart Isabis and Seian are attacking and turn back; the rest form a defensive line at the rear
  • Seiankornai raors again at the caravaner to slow down!
  • Caravaneer 1 barely manages to rein in his horses as they break into a panicked run to escape the roaring drake behind them!
    Seiankornai: (( :P ))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila strikes at the goblin.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » tohit, « 1d10 = 7 » for damage.
  • GoblinHuntsman 4 saves for « 1d20+2 = 15 + 2 = 17 » vs 13
    Jessaila: Touche!

Seiankornai: ((technically you need to declare you’re using Touche before the attack))

  • GoblinHuntsman 24 attacks the horse again, hitting hitting « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 »
  • GoblinHuntsman chops a horse loose from the carraige!
  • Jessaila helps the goblin define the difference between heart and head by separating the two.
    GoblinHuntsman: *Horse saves for « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 » vs 13

Malaina tries to balance vs. sudden change in direction ((acrobatics vs 18 please))

  • GoblinHuntsman does to « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 » vs 18
    Malaina: « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » Acrobatics
  • GoblinHuntsman stays on the cart quite handily
    Malaina falls off, taking « 1d6 = 4 » falling damage
    GoblinHuntsman: ((No AP on that ))
  • GoblinHuntsman 24 attacks the driver next, hitting hitting « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 »
    GoblinHuntsman: *Caravan Driver 9 saves for « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » vs 12

The lead cart is out of control. The only good thing about this is that with only one horse, it can’t move as fast
Brom is out cold, but might still survive with quick medical attention
Malaina has received initiative.
GoblinHuntsman: ((Malaina, you can remount the carraige with a climb check vs 18, or a move action to get on the back gate and climb vs 15 to go over the top again.))

Malaina: ((What is Climb?))

Seiankornai: ((athletics))

Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » Climb?

Malaina: ((Can I attack?))

GoblinHuntsman: ((yes, you used a move action))

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed Skull Crack

Malaina kills the last goblin in the red-circle unit; now she’s merely riding a runaway cart…

  • Malaina even though she fell off and rolled a bit, she hopped back onto her feet and latched her hand onto the wagon, swinging herself back onto the roof of the wagon, and with her momentem, slices the top of the goblins head clean off
  • GoblinHuntsman N chops at his foe (Guard), hitting « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 3 »
  • GoblinHuntsman 5 chops at his foe (Guard10), hitting « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 2 »
    GoblinHuntsman: *Caravan Guard 10 saves for « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » vs 12
  • GoblinHuntsman north unit is small but sorta victorous
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • GoblinHuntsman N climbs for « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » vs 15 and GoblinHuntsman5 climbs for « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » vs 15
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 »
  • Isabis misses Goblin N
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai flies as fast as he can and lands on top of the cart, with his mouth landing right atop one of the goblins (using contempt again)
    Bite hits « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » for « 1d10+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((AP 1, etc))

Goblin 5 is very, very dead. He was almost dead anyway, it would seem (impossible health save vs 15)
Dragonhawk: ((vs 25 I mean))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai brings his mouth over the surprised goblin right down to his feet. The goblin probably still didn’t know what happens when Seian rears his head all the way up and swallows him with one gulp
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur heads south, draws a javelin, and hurls it at the nearest big goblin (13 for 5 ap4, bleed, orc, massive)
    Dragonhawk: miss

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Arxhar joins in, providing fire support (26 for 1 ap5,fire, 27 for 4 ap5,fire, 32 for 2 ap5,fire) ((done))
  • Seiankornai smacks his chops, “Mmm, much better flavor of goblin, that one. Hmm, how about you.” He says, turning his head towards the other goblin on the cart
  • Dragonhawk 7 saves for « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » vs 16
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and with that I’m off for the night, see you all later))

Dragonhawk: ((Is it that late already? Goodnight then.))

Malaina: ((Night))

Thurirl: ((g’night, man))

Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
Dragonhawk: ((Finish them off already, I want this fight OVER tonight! ))

Dragonhawk: ((…my own fight for bringing in a whole warparty I guess))

Dragonhawk: ((er, fault))

Grok: ((and your own fight, too.

Grok: ((i’m only sticking around until it’s my turn, just fyi))

Dragonhawk: ((Yeah, I figured. Maybe you can at least finish off the rear attacking unit, though))

  • Thurirl moves closer and readies more tongues of flame, targeting the last of the big goblins on the road. “More students. Excellent. This should not take long.”
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » Damage: « 3d4 = 4 » per ray; AP 5)
  • Dragonhawk 7 saves for « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » vs 18
  • Dragonhawk 8 saves for « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » vs 14
    Grok has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: ((one target left on your end of the caravan))

Seiankornai: ((GRok, kill that next to last goblin!))

Thurirl: ((kill it and we can all go to bed =P))

  • Grok throws the kitchen sink at big gobbo 8
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 6 + 11 = 17 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » damage
Grok: Grok throws a chakram like a boss! « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » to hit for « 1d8+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
  • Dragonhawk 8 saves for « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » vs 24
    Grok kills off the last of the big goblins
    Thurirl: ((and Grok make a lovely post-modern decoration on the side of the road…))

Dragonhawk: OK, Seiankornai go next, since you are closest to the remaining enemy

  • Seiankornai claws and bites
    Claw hits « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » for « 1d8+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 »
    Bite hits « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » for « 1d10+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 »
    The last goblin goes down (to an impossible save vs. 26)
  • Seiankornai munches on goblin
    The Battle is over
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » Ride

Dragonhawk: activating crit fail for 2 DM action dice

Seiankornai: ((oh dear))

The terrified horse shies away, ignoring the reins. Malaina takes another « 1d6 = 2 » falling damage, and the horse hauls the cart diagonally up the hill.
Dragonhawk: « 1d2 = 1 » coinflip: 2 is good

The horse breaks an axle
Thurirl: ((facepalm))

Seiankornai: ((noooo))

Grok: ((Grok can’t wait to find out about this one.))

Seiankornai: ((Grok can pick up the wagon and carry it?))

  • Vari glares at the horse hatefully, growling
    The horse cowers
    Dragonhawk: ((since it can’t run, what with the cart being stuck))
  • Malaina gets up with a groan, checking to make sure nothing is broken
  • Thurirl notes no more students are present and begins to assess the situation.
    Dragonhawk: ((END INIT if you didn’t realize that already. Any last actions before we close for the week?))
  • Jessaila runs back up the line, noting that she apparently passed some fighting.
    Thurirl: ((hmm…))
  • Vari growls at the horse, giving it such hateful looks of hate
    The caravaneers rein in, bunching up near the disabled cart.
    Grok: ((can I assume we go up a level?))
  • Thurirl proceeds to double check on the caravans occupants to give whatever aid he can.
    Jessaila: ((We’re discussing that on Skype.))
  • Malaina checking up on the caravaneer
    Seiankornai: ((we need « 25000 – 22424 = 25000 – 22424 = 2576 » XP for next level))
  • Jessaila gets to the broken wagon.
  • Vari tries to herd the horse back to everyone
    Thurirl: ((GM is performing the math as we speak))

« 147+70 = 147 + 70 = 217 »

  • Grok lopes over to the broken cart to try to make the situation worse.
    « 217*6 = 217 * 6 = 1302 »
  • Jessaila throws her cloak over the terrified horse’s head so it can’t see, and therefore calms down.
    XP 1302 each
    Thurirl: ((no level up))

Seiankornai: ((awwww)))

Thurirl: ((sad lizard face))

Goblins in many states of dead-or-disabled litter the field

  • Grok glares at the dm and mutters something about forgetting to add in the lengthy combat bonus
    Thurirl: ((…if I were a werewolf, this would be much more effective))
  • Seiankornai votes for the lenth combat bonus too
  • Jessaila thirds!
  • DM notes that you did not get the objective bonus for keeping all the allies alive
    Grok: ((um, that was never under Grok’s objective list.))

DM: ((not my fault if Grok didn’t gather the obvious. I did tell you the employer placed a premium on employee survival first, and cargo survival second))

Jessaila: ((Grok’s survival was not on my objective list, either.))

DM: ((…I guess the cargo did survive. 600xp minor objective completion reward))

Seiankornai: ((I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t high on Grok’s list either))

DM: ((you now need 674 to level))

Thurirl: ((still a little shy of the mark))

Grok: ((Employer used big words. scared Grok off.))

Thurirl: ((ah well))

Grok: ((anyways, night all))

DM: ((Heh, yeah.))

Malaina: ((Night))

Grok is disconnected.
Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 37

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 36

Sunchasers DH Moochi