Log 38

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 37

Your caravan stopped in the next town and got a less rough-and-ready axle installed (also a spare)
You are now descending from the saddle of the pass. Off in the distance you can see the coast
Dragonhawk: ((please switch to the road map again)

The land rises to either side of the road; it’s not cliffs but it’s steep enough you’re glad you’re not climbing it.
Also, the road is rapidly descending into a proper forest

  • Seiankornai lazes on one of the wagons, having spent the morning flying around and keeping watch
  • Thurirl keeps an eye on the forests, wary of what might lie within.
    Dragonhawk: ((I have laid out suggested starting positions, but feel free to move))

Isabis is about half-healed from her near-murder experience
Grok has the captives out for a little healthy forced march, since the wagons are rolling pretty slow down this slope

  • Jessaila checks to make sure Isabis has water and such to remain comfortable.
    Grok: ((I suggest we order all the cavern guards inside, since we lose exp when they die))
Isabis: “Thanks, Jessaila, I’m doing OK. Well bandaged and everything.”
  • Isabis keeps watch from one of the wagons.
  • Seiankornai chats with his wagoneer about the finer points of human trade. He is intrigued and at times confused by them.
    Wagoneer: “Well y’see, there’s the three leagues, and then there’s the independents; so for some purposes call it four. Each league – and most of the indies – helps each other out, tranships cargo to people on other routes, that sort of thing.”

Wagoneer: “So we compete with the other leagues, but in /theory/ not with each other, see? But then each league has it’s own internal politics, you know? So always with the drama.”

Wagoneer: “Lately, more drama than usual.”

notice checks please
Malaina: « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » Notice

Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » Notice

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » Notice Isabis: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » Notice

Grok: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Notice everything!

Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 »

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Notice 21

Those exceeding 18 can hear someone yelling "Ha! Hai! Ha! " and things like that in the distance. Those exceeding 22 can determine the direction, forward and to the left side of the road.

  • Thurirl looks toward the noise he hears.
    Thurirl: “Strange…”
  • Grok remains oblivious. Most of the party isn’t surprised
  • Jessaila has sensitive elven ears and moves forward, loosening her saber in its scabbard.
  • Seiankornai lifts his head up, as if no longer interested in the conversation he’s having. “There’s someone over there.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur raises an eyebrow and follows, not bothering to ready any weapons
  • Brom looks nervous
    Thurirl: “Perhaps we should investigate. It could be another ambush…”

Seiankornai: “Excuse me a moment.”

  • Brom stands and yells down the wagon train, “Hey Sunchasers! Someone’s hanging around awfully close to the treeline here…go say hello, make sure it’s not more goblins or, or something.”
  • Jessaila is already on the way.
  • Seiankornai slinks down off the wagon, then jumps into the air in the general direction of the voice. “Hey Grok, keep those goblins close, I hear someone over there and don’t know if he’s hostile yet.”
  • Grok looks down at the goblins. “No funny business.”
  • Isabis yells back, "I’m going to get up under the drake canopy with my bow while they do it, then, in case it’s a distraction
    Dragonhawk: ((the sound is in this direction points ))
  • Jessaila continues heading forward, casting expeditious retreat upon herself.
  • Thurirl heads into the woods, keeping an eye out and listening hard.
    You hear continued yelling, in an odd dialect of Kamilil
    voice: “Not me! Argh. Go that way! Hai, hai!”

Thurirl: “What on earth?”

  • Seiankornai has no idea what the guy is saying
    voice: ((Kamilil is ‘elvish’ …Jessaila can understand it))

You also hear…bleating? Sort of?

  • Jessaila shouts in Kamil “Who calls?”
  • Thurirl understands it too.
  • Thurirl does think it sounds a bit odd though… Elvish is not his first tongue…
    voice: “Eh? Who…? Gerroff, stupid.”

voice: “Er! I don’t mean you, visitor?”

  • Seiankornai continues flying closer
    Thurirl: oops

Thurirl: ((moved back))

You come into a clearing and for a few moments you think you are seeing an ordinary herd of curly-horned goats and a shepherd.
Then you realize that the “shepherd” also has curly horns and curly fur…

  • Jessaila emerges into the clearing and raises a hand in greeting.
    Jessaila: “Hail and well met.”

Also, there’s something very wrong with those goats.

  • Thurirl looks a bit confused.
  • Thurirl stays back in the shadows and observes, keeping his knife ready in case Jessalia needs help.
    Spriggan: (stilted melios) “Be ye tradelings?”
  • Seiankornai looks at the goats and the guy herding them
  • Spriggan swings his staff vigorously to keep the goats off of himself.
    Jessaila: “Aye. We heard your call.”

Spriggan: “MURDERING TRADELINGS! Feel the wrath of – gerrof! – those you slaid!”

The goats are taking an interest in you now…is that blood in their fur?
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Druggavar))

Jessaila: “Wrath of the whom to the what now?”

Thurirl: “Jessalia! Get back!”

Jessaila: “Uh…”

Spriggan: init

Seiankornai: “Zombie goats!!!”

  • Jessaila decides to immitate a cat and flee up a tree.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur draws a javelin when he sees the blood on the goats
    Seiankornai: ((Con check to shout that so loud the others can hear « 1d20+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 »))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Initiative 9

Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 »
  • Jessaila swings up into a tree. « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » Acrobatics
  • Seiankornai is about to shout when a hawk flies down his throat. HACK COUGH SPUTTTER
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 »

Grok: I hope you saved some for me

Jessaila: « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » Initiative

  • Seiankornai goes into hunter killer mode (Init « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 »)
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative

Spriggan: Isabis init « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » Spriggan « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » goats « 1d20+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 »

[1d20+6
« 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 »
Grok: « 1d20 = 10 »

Thurirl: « 1d20 = 15 »

Spriggan: guards « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » drivers « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 »

  • Spriggan spends his action beating goats in your general direction
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Spriggan: ((you don’t know what the scouting party found yet though))
  • Malaina wonders what is taking them so long, so decides to hop onto Vari’s saddle and heads in the direction they went
    Spriggan: ((one move to mount, one move available))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis stays on the wagon and points her arrow in the general direction of the scouting party
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai has not understand a thing the sriggan has been saying, but zombie sheep are hardly ever good, and the elf is running up a tree, so… FIRE!!!
  • Seiankornai tries to cough out the hawk and gets fed up and breath fire out, conveniently aiming for a sheep (211)
    Hits « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 » for « 2d6+3 = 12 + 3 = 15 »
    The caravan sees Seian breating fire at something. That can’t be right…
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila perches on a low branch and wonders what in thunderation she can do from here.
  • Jessaila decides to… uh… throw her boomerang at the Spriggan.
  • Jessaila throws her boomerang. « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » to hit for « 1d6 = 4 » subdual.
  • Spriggan saves for « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » vs 12
  • Seiankornai is curious as to why Jessaila is throwing a boomerang at the guy
    Seiankornai: “Why did you do that?”

Thurirl: “He’s leading the goats! Don’t trust him!”

Seiankornai: “Ah!”

  • Jessaila casts Magic Vestments I on her trousers.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » Spellcasting

Thurirl has received initiative.
Grok has received initiative.

  • Thurirl readies his magic, but delays until he can scorch more at once…
  • Grok continues to mess with the goblins, as he doesn’t know what is going on. Nor would he be inclined to, as fighting goats isn’t heroic
    Grok: ((done))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Thurirl discovers the goats are surprisingly fast.
    The goats trot towards the living flesh.
  • Thurirl grimaces knowing this is going to smell…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 19 + 12 = 31 » Damage: « 3d4 = 6 » per ray; AP 5)
    Spriggan: (( bra-a-a-a-ains ))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur hurls a javelin at the closest goat (Attack 23 for 12 massive, ap4, orc, bleed)
  • Goat 11 saves for « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » vs 13
  • Goat 14 saves for « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » vs 13
  • Thurirl flambes a couple undead goats, then retreats, coughing from the acrid stench of burning, rotting flesh.
  • Goat 28 saves for « 1d20+5 = 14 + 5 = 19 » vs 16
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur throws again with a second javelin (Attack 11 for 9 ap4, massive, orc, bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
  • Spriggan yells in Melios “Die Tradelings! This is what happen to what kills the great animals of the great mountains!”
    Seiankornai: “What are you shouting about? The only things we’ve killed in the mountains are goblins that attacked us.”

The caravan guards dismount and move to the “noise and fire” side of the road
Malaina has received initiative.
Thurirl is disconnected.
Thurirl is disconnected.
Malaina: ((Could I have Vari move over to where Goat 292 and 28 are, have Malaina dismount and then move to attack?))

Spriggan: ((sure. Vari can take his two actions, then Malaina takes an action to dismount, then she has one action left for wahtever))

Thurirl has connected.
Spriggan: ((WB))

Malaina: ((ok, so can I have her dismount and then attack with her Halberd since it has a Reach +1?))

Spriggan: ((yes))

Seiankornai: ((that would be a single action, so yes))

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Skullcrack (based on Wisdom) @ Goat 28

Isabis has received initiative.
Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai gets lined up for a better shot
  • Seiankornai breaths out fire on a bunch of undead goats
    Hits « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » for « 2d6+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » fire
    Unresolved value “which”.
  • goat 288 saves for « 1d20+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 » vs 14
  • goat 211 saves for « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » vs 14
  • goat 54 saves for « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » vs 14
  • goat 73 saves for « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » vs 14
  • goat 356 saves for « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs 14
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila glances down at the goats beneath her tree.
  • Jessaila glances at the Spriggan off to her left.
  • Jessaila swings down from the tree and charges the Spriggan with her sabre.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 15 + 11 = 26 » Acrobatics
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » tohit, « 1d10 = 10 » for damage.
    goat: ((OK, she swings like a monkey ))

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl switches from his knife to his longbow, preferring to keep those grimy teeth away from his hide.
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » for « 1d6 = 4 » damage, AP 4.
    goat: ((miss))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Thurirl mutters curses at whatever gods or spirits seem to like knocking his arrows off target.
  • Grok goes towards the noise, with the goblin’s chain in his hand
    The goblins stumble and are dragged
  • goat attempts to strike down the living flesh before it
  • goat 292 attacks Malaina hitting « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 »
    Malaina: ((Thats a total miss))

The undead goats shamble in the direction of the smell of the living
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur draws his scimitar and charges (14 for 7 ap4, bleed)
    goat: ((miss))

The goblins get up and start resisting being dragged
goat: ((Grok can only make 1 move per round until they stop resisting))

  • goat attempts to gore Jessaila with his horns, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » for « 1d6+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
    goat: (activating the crit, 6 wounds Jessaila)
  • Spriggan attempts to gore Jessaila with his horns (again), hitting « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 » for « 1d6+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »
    Malaina: ((LOL))
Jessaila: ((Activated!))
  • Spriggan falls flat on his face
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 12 + 9 = 21 » Halberd; Skull Crack, AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed @ Goat 292
Malaina: ((Can I used Fend to do a 5ft step and attack Goat 910?)) Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 12 + 9 = 21 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 » Halberd Damage Vari: « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 » Fire Breath @ 585
  • Spriggan goat
  • goat 910 saves for « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs 14
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Vari: « 1d6 = 4 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

Malaina: ((shrugs))

  • goat tries to dodge fire, dodging « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » vs 15
  • goat 0 saves for « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » vs 11
    goat: (( where 0 = 585 ))
Vari: « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » Claw Attack @ 585 Vari: « 1d8+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » Claw Damage
  • goat 585 saves for « 1d20+5 = 14 + 5 = 19 » vs 121
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Isabis is sticking to the caravan
    Thurirl: ((swears he hears the goat start singing, “This was a triumph…”))
  • Seiankornai claws goats 211 and 23
    Claw Hits « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 1d10+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » 211
    Claw Hits « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » for « 1d10+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » 23
  • goat 23 saves for « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » vs 18
    Seiankornai: ((done))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » tohit, « 1d10 = 8 » for damage.
  • Spriggan rolls desperately aside
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » tohit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage.
    Spriggan: ((miss-hit-miss damage recorded))

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl grabs the pesky goat by the horn and let’s loose.
  • Thurirl tears at his enemy with pure arcane force!
    (Target suffers 20 lethal damage; Casting check: « 1d20+12 = 11 + 12 = 23 »)
    Spriggan: ((cause wounds…yes. roll damage))

Spriggan: ((oh, right. sorry))

Spriggan: Goat 211 saves for « 1d20+5 = 18 + 5 = 23 » vs 24

Thurirl experiences a moment of terror when the goat seems as though it’s going to survive, but his last surge of harm kills it after all.

  • Thurirl tears the undead livestock into meaty chunks. If they weren’t rotting, he’d be hungry right now.
  • Thurirl turns his attention to those headed toward the caravan…
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » for « 1d6 = 1 » damage, AP 4.
    Spriggan: Goat 81 saves for « 1d20+5 = 18 + 5 = 23 » vs 10

Goat 81 has an arrow sticking into one hoof.
Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok brings more food for the goats
    The goblins dig in their heels to no avail.
    Grok: “Bring them over this way!”
  • Goat s 47 and 274 pause to devour the dead (( +1 attacks, skills, damage for 6 rounds))
  • Goat 585 attacks Vari hitting « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
    Malaina: ((Total miss))
  • Goat 585 attacks Vari hitting « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 »
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Goat 81 attacks Jamshid hitting « 1d20+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
  • Goat 81 attacks Jamshid hitting « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
    Malaina: ((I’m looking, I am not sure, and even if it did, it only hits for 1 damage))

Vari gets a dented scale from the determined goat

  • Vari looks at the goat like it is crazy
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps around the goat and attempts to behead it (12 for 5 ap4, bleed)
    Goat: miss
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks again (t:1d20+9] for 12ap4,bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 14

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

The goblins continue to resist being dragged into their enemies’ battle
Spriggan: (Kamil)

Spriggan: "…do you feel that?)

  • Spriggan suddenly sprints away from the battle
    Spriggan: *Caravan Guard that one attacks for « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 »

Spriggan: ((#5))

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: ((TGU, you said Vari has a 20ft fire beam, right?))

Spriggan: ((Yes))

Vari: « 1d20+3 = 13 + 3 = 16 » Fire Breath @327 Malaina: ((Sorry, did that hit? I had to run upstairs))

Spriggan: miss

Vari: « 1d20+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 » Fire Breath @ 327

Spriggan: miss

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » Halberd; Skull Crack AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed @ 585

Malaina: ((Done))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 »
    Spriggan: ((at -2, so miss))
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
    Spriggan: (activating crit; goat 951 re-dead)

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai claws the two goats nearest him
    Claw hits « 1d20+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 » for « 1d8+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 », AP 1 at 274
    Claw hits « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » for « 1d8+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 », AP 1 at 47
    Seiankornai: ((Activating hte crit))

Spriggan: ((goat 47 down))

Jessaila has received initiative.
Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » Notice

Jessala notices a disturbance in the earth to her left.
Malaina: ((Do you still have your bola?))

  • Jessaila glances to the left.
  • Jessaila throws her bola at the spriggan.
    You whisper to Jessaila: It’s like someone’s plowing a furrow from the underside of the ground. Weird.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » Bola throw

Spriggan: hit

  • Spriggan is entangled
    Spriggan: « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 » to stay vertical
  • Spriggan curses and hops in a panicked circle
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » for « 1d6 = 6 » damage, AP 4.
    Spriggan: Goat 81 saves for « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » vs 13
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 11 + 12 = 23 » Damage: « 3d4 = 8 » per ray; AP 5)
    Spriggan: Goat 81 saves for « 1d20+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 » vs 17

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok attacks the goats with goblins!
    Grok: « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » str check

Grok: Action die « 1d6 = 5 »

Malaina: ((LOL))

  • Thurirl hears screaming and whips his head around… only to glimpse through the trees something like a small bundle of goblins crashing on top of undead goats…
    Thurirl: “…Grok is making use of the prisoners.”

Grok: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » to hit

Seiankornai: “…clever ogre.”

Grok: « 1d12+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 »

Malaina: ((laughing so hard right now))

Spriggan: *chained goblins save vs 18 for « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 » « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 » « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » « 1d20+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 » « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 »
Goats save vs 18 for « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 »

Grok: ((done))

Malaina: ((LOL))

Grok swings his “screaming chain” “weapon” and simultaneously kills both of the nearby goats and four of his prisoners.

  • Gobilns scream bloody murder
    Unresolved value “which”.
  • goats 274 attacks Seian hitting « 1d20+4+1 = 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 » for possible « 1d8+1+1 = 8 + 1 + 1 = 10 »
  • goats 274 attacks Seian hitting « 1d20+4+1 = 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 » for possible « 1d8+1+1 = 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 »
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Grok is disconnected.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur draws his own personal bola and uses it for a ranged trip attemp
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: t

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Acrobatics 19

Suddenly, a giant…land…shark…thing…surfaces and attacks a goat!

  • Seiankornai flutters up a bit as the ground next to him burst open.
  • Thurirl mutters a curse as he sees the new threat emerge.
  • LandShark attacks, hitting « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » for possible damage « 2d12 = 19 »
    Thurirl: “This operation is not going as we hoped…”

Thurirl: ((or in the vernacular, Charlie Foxtrot =P))

LandShark: Goat 274 saves for « 1d20+5 = 10 + 5 = 15 » vs 19

Seiankornai: “No, but it is going well.”

  • LandShark devours a slightly – rotten pile of meat, and does not care that it was still moving
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 39

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 38

Sunchasers DH Moochi