Log 5

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 4

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Isabis has connected.
Malaina has connected.
TGU: hello
Malaina: Hello
TGU has emailed the other two, btw
Malaina: kk
Malaina: Is anyone coming?
TGU: ((we’ll give them a call, can you contact Bandit?))
Malaina: Sure
Grok has connected.
Malaina: ((There be one))
TGU: (greetings))
You whisper to Grok: sorry about hte confusion, forgot to mention that this week would be normal; next week is the change
Grok: ((winged gobbos? Werid))
Isabis: ((huh. I know they’re supposed to have “drake-like characteristics” but I didn’t think it meant wings!))
TGU: ((hehe))
TGU: ((yeah, these guys have probably eaten a lot of drake flesh))
Isabis: ((poor babies))
Grok: ((so if Grok eats drakes, he can grow wings too?))
Grok: ((dibs on the already dead one))
Malaina: ((Yea, Vari ain’t letting that happen))
Grok: ((Can add her to the menu too. After all, if she dies, you just get a new one next adventure))
Malaina: ((Vari is a male and Mala wouldn’t let you either))
TGU: ((it seems to mostly be a goblin reaction to it))
Grok: ((darn))
TGU: ((the orcs have done such, and ogres, nothing’s really come of it))
Malaina: ((You’re dealing with the only survivor of a village where she watched her people die from the goblins trying to get Vari when he was a baby))
Isabis: (( Plust they’d have Isabis for backup, on general principles.))
Grok: ((yeah, but it would be wings!))
Grok: (( :-) ))
Malaina: ((Only one getting wings is Mala, whenever i pick that feat for her))
Isabis: (( It would be “rolling up a new character” ))
Isabis: ((anyway, there’s other ways to get wings or flight generally ))
TGU: ((ltos of ways, yes))
Grok: ((you guys are retarding my character “growth”))
TGU: ((though most require an investment in a 1st level only species feat))
Thurirl has connected.
Thurirl: ((yo))
Grok: ((word))
TGU: ((mind if we have an observer?))
Isabis: ((fine with me))
TGU: ((for those who’d know, it’s Brock))
Thurirl: ((so long as he’s not too chatty =P))
Grok: ((only if he or she provides color commentary))
Observer has connected.
Thurirl: ((Quick! Hide the Zerglings!))
Isabis: ((Hi Brock))
Observer: ((Hi.))
Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
Thurirl: ((darn, nobody got my joke))
Grok: ((ha. ha. ha.))
After having been wandering through the tunnels for quite a long time, fighting a group of goblins, you’ve finally found their main camp, and the drakeling and a couple others, one with a knife to its throat, the other lays in a growing pool of red, a goblin atop it. They notice you.
TGU: ((Init!))
Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 »
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
Isabis shoots the goblin with the knife!
Isabis Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 »
Jamshid par-Bahadur: 14
Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 »
TGU: Grathix « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 », winged goblins « 1d20+3 = 13 + 3 = 16 »
Thurirl: ((Son of a Quark!!))
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
TGU: ((^^^ not really, yet)))
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Isabis: ((Argh. OK, the DM has ruled that Grok was in the lead and I never got to make my sneak check at all. So I guess I /don’t/ shoot the goblin with the knife))
Isabis has received initiative.
Malaina has received initiative.
Grok: ((btw, when you get a chance, where is the drake with the knife to it’s throat, anyways?))
TGU: ((OK, Malaina and Vari, go))
Malaina: ((I thought Jasmhid went))
TGU: ((Ah, just a moment))
Grok: ((no, you 1st))
Grok: ((also, are the boxes and things there, and if so, how will they affect movement?))
Malaina goes for whichever goblin is closest with her Halberd
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » Halberd
Grok: ((sorry for multitude of questions, but size of hatchlings?))
TGU: ((they are tiny in size))
Grok: ((sweet))
TGU: ((and the boxes will not impede movement of the larger character, but count as difficult terrain for the others))
Malaina: ((Have you put up the map?))
Grok: ((yes, goblin caves))
TGU: ((the ceiling has a height of 35 ft))
Isabis: ((anything up there the little ones could land on if we could get them free? Also, how are they restrained?))
TGU: ((there are some ledges they could get to if you can get the goblins off them long enough))
Grok: ((poor, overworked gm. Nice to be the one contributing to it))
Malaina: ((Well, I did roll))
TGU: ((oh, sorry, hit!))
Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » Halberd Damage
winged goblin: Damage Save « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 »
Malaina swings her halbred at the bewildered goblin and destroys the abomination
Vari charages in, roaring and breathing fire at one of the goblins
Vari: « 1d20+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 » Fire Breath
TGU: ((miss))
Grok has received initiative.
Grok moves up and grabs the knife wielding goblin.
Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 1 + 19 = 20 »
Grok: ((I HATE THESE DICE!))
TGU: ((hmm, activate the error or not))
TGU: ((let’s go with not for now))
Thurirl: ((dice? what dice? there is no die… instead, you’re the one being rolled))
TGU: ((grappling Grathix?))
Grok: ((if he had the knife, yes))
Grok: ((done, pending DM approval))
TGU: ((oh, technically grapple is a full round action; so you couldn’t move at the same time))
Grok: ((surge of speed. Extra half action, used to move))
TGU: ((ah))
TGU: Grathix attempt to evade the grapple « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 »
Grok manages to grab hold of the goblin caster
Grok: “Mantelos lonxe de min!” shouts Grok
Grok whispers: “Keep them off me.”
Grathix: {In Gamok} “AUGH! LEt go of me you filthy beast! HELP ME BROTHERS!”
Grathix tries to escape
TGU: « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » Athletics check
TGU: ((Grok, make your check))
Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 8 + 19 = 27 »
Grok: ((Pin the bugger.))
TGU: ((you win, pick a grapple benefit))
TGU: ((k))
winged goblin 2: “DRAKE!”
Vari roars at the goblin
winged goblin 2 yells fiercing, getting into a raging stance
winged goblin 2 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Vari
Hits « 1d20+9 = 18 + 9 = 27 » for « 1d10+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 », AP 2
The other winged goblins also go into a rage
winged goblin 3 breaths fire in a 20ft line at Grok
Hits « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » for « 2d6+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » fire damage, Ref DC 15 for half
Grathix: {Gamok} “ACK! NO YOU FOOLS! NO FIRE AT ME!”
Grok uses Grathix as a heat shield
TGU: ((ref save))
Grok: Reflex « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 »
Grok is not quick enough moving Grathix in the way of the flame enough to protect himself
TGU: ((DR still applies to fire, btw))
Grok: « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » to avoid catching on fire
Grok: ((success))
Isabis: ((hehe, screaming club, screaming shield…screaming improvised equipment seems to be Grok’s style))
Grathix: Ref save « 1d20+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 »
Grathix: Ref save « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 »
TGU: ((he at least avoids catching fire))
winged goblin 5 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Grok
Hits « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » for « 1d10+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 », AP 2
Grok: ((ouch))
winged goblin 1 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Grok
Hits « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » for « 1d10+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 », AP 2
TGU: ((ouch indeed))
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
TGU: ((Jamshid would have to use Tumble to get over there))
TGU: ((that works))
Jamshid par-Bahadur runs over to rescue Grok. slashing at goblin 5 with his saber (Attack 15 for 6 damage)
winged goblin 5: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » vs DC 13
He puts an end to that goblin
Thurirl has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur demonstrates his Contempt for these foes by attacking goblin 3 on his backswing (Attack 28 for « 1d10+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » damage)
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((not activating that threat unless the goblin has spellcasting ranks))
winged goblin 3: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » vs DC 16
TGU: ((no evidense so far that the winged goblins do))
The goblin flutters back, evading most of the damage
TGU: ((btw, could people remember to put what AP their weapons have when you roll?))
Jamshid par-Bahadur whispers: the reason being my Mage Hunter ability which lets me activate threats on foes with spellcasting ranks for 1 less action die … in the future can we just assume that I activate all threats against spellcasters even if I don’t specify?
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((AP 2))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and bleeding))
TGU: ((ok, so should’ve been DC 15 on the damage save; same result))
You whisper to Isabis: suppose; certainly when it’s obvious
You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: I suppose; certainly when it’s obvious
Grok: ((Thur?))
TGU pokes him
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Grok pokes him as well, for « 1d4+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage
Thurirl moves into the cave, deciding to play a support role and strike from the opening using his bow.
Jamshid par-Bahadur whispers: well I don’t think it’s based on whether my character is aware of their spellcasting ability
You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: true
Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
Attacks « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » for « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4.
TGU: ((missed))
Thurirl obviously needs to spruce up his archery.
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis stands literally over the downed drakeling and swipes at the cannibal with her hand-claw
The drakelings, their goblins captors captured himself or distracted by the acpture, try to flutter upwards
Isabis hits « 1d20+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 »
TGU: ((hit))
Isabis does « 1d6+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » damage (lethal, bleed)
The goblin shrugs off the handclaw, it merely makes a few scratches in its scaled hide
Isabis: ((oh, that should’ve been 2 to the damage instead of +1, sorry))
TGU: ((ah))
winged goblin 2: Damage Save « 1d20
7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » vs DC 10
Isabis: ((I make a slightly larger scratch!))
She makes a slightly larger scratch, the goblin barely notices
Malaina has received initiative.
TGU: ((oh, wiat no, technically that’s still not enough))
TGU: ((AP 5, not 4))
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Halberd
Malaina: ((#2))
TGU: ((hit))
Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 » Halberd Damage, AP 4, Bleeding, Trip
winged goblin 2: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » vs DC 15
Malaina slays another goblin
Vari tries to roar and intimidate Goblin 1
Vari: « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 » Intimidate
TGU: The goblin tries to keep his calm « 1d20+3 = 2 + 3 = 5 »
Malaina tries to tell the baby drake to go to Vari
TGU: ((success for Vari, roll 1d6 stress dmaage))
Vari: « 1d6 = 6 » Stress Damage
winged goblin 1: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 » vs DC 13
The goblin is disturbed a bit, but recovers for the moment
Vari goes to put himself over the baby
TGU: ((Vari still has a half action left))
TGU: ((he can’t end his move on other people’s spaces))
Thurirl: ((I thought they tried to fly away to safety?))
The drakeling herself flys onto Vari’s back, though
Vari ignores his wounds, keeping the babies safe
Vari: ((gotta go to the airport, I’ll try to be back soon))
Malaina is disconnected.
Grok has received initiative.
Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 18 + 19 = 37 »
TGU: « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » to resist
Grok swings his Grathix with all his rage at winged goblin 1 « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 »
Grok: ((done))
Grathix screams like a good little club
TGU: « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » attempt to not be a club
TGU: (Athletics, Grok)
Grok: ((technically, that would be an error on my part, as I don’t have blunt prof))
Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 15 + 19 = 34 »
TGU: ((it’s only an error if I activate it))
Grok: ((Letting you know you could activate it))
Thurirl: ((I’m sure the DM is quite aware of all the ways he could make you miserable =P don’t go encouraging him))
Isabis: ((heh, now now, it’s just as well to be fair about things. We’re all new to the system, after all.))
TGU: ((hmm, he was my last GM, maybe I should activate it…))
Isabis: (( 9.9 ))
Grok: ((maybe my club will get stuck in a crate, and i’ll have to try to pull it free?))
TGU: ((and I still don’t know what became of my character’s dragon master ))
Grok: ((or maybe I toss my club into torch, and it catches on fire?))
TGU spends two action dice
Observer: ((Oh, burned. ))
Grok’s club was only wearing cheap shoes; fortunately for him they slip off easily; unfortunately for him it was at the fastest part of the swing.
Isabis: ((we wish he/it got burned, maybe it’d quiet him down))
Isabis: ((..ok maybe not, but still))
Grok is disconnected.
Grok is disconnected.
TGU: Grathix is freed, but take « 2d6 = 2 » damage for hitting a rock with his head
Grok has connected.
TGU: (Grathix is also dazed for one round))
winged goblin 3 breaths fire in a 20ft line at Jamshid and Grok
Hits « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 » for « 2d6+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » fire damage, Ref DC 15 for half
Grok: Reflex « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 »
Grok: To avoid catching on fire « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 »
TGU: ((success for both))
winged goblin 1 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Malaina
Hits « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 1d10+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 », AP 2
winged goblin 4 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Grok
Hits « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » for « 1d10+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 », AP 2
Jamshid par-Bahadur: Reflex 15
TGU: ((Jamshid: success; roll another to avoid catching on fire though))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: Reflex 22
TGU: ((also success))
Jamshid par-Bahadur takes 1 fire damage (between his quick reflexes and his hardened leather armour)
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur tumbles past goblin 4 (11)
Jamshid par-Bahadur loses his footing while squeezing past Grok (flat-footed)
Thurirl has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur slashes with his scimitar, attempting to behead the intervening goblin (Attack 21 for 8 damage (lethal, bleed))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
TGU: ((AP?))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((AP 2, sorry))
winged goblin 4: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » vs DC 12
Thurirl: ((okay then… time to hunt some goblins))
Thurirl takes aim at Goblin 3, over by the wall. “I see you, and I strike from your shadow.”
Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
Attacks « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 » for « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4.
Thurirl mutters under his breath. Bad luck so far.
TGU: ((you still have another action))
Thurirl: ((suggestions? or just shoot again?))
Isabis: ((shoot again works for me))
TGU: ((that’d work, sure))
Thurirl gets more practice in.
Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
Attacks « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage, AP 4.
winged goblin 3: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » vs DC 17
Thurirl is almost right on the mark, getting his arrow into the goblin’s shoulder, inspiring a howl of pain from his “student”
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis checks the little one, just to make sure she’s beyond help…and sadly, confirms she is.
Isabis shoots her bow point-blank at goblin 1, hitting « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » for possible « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4
Isabis shoots again, hitting « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » for possible « 1d6 = 6 » damage, AP 4
TGU: ((both miss))
Isabis: ((action die on the second one, then. « 1d4 = 2 » ))
TGU: ((hit))
winged goblin 1: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » vs DC 15
Isabis manages to shoot the goblin through the neck
Isabis: ((done))
Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina attacks Grathix with all her fury
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » Halberd
Malaina: damage « 1d10+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » AP 4
Vari: Bites at the hated goblin (3)
« 1d20+3 = 15 + 3 = 18 » Bite Attack
Vari: « 1d10+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 » Bite Damage
winged goblin 3: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » vs DC 20
TGU: ((aww))
Vari: Bites again! « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » Bite Attack
TGU: ((that is a miss))
Grok has received initiative.
Grok missing his club, draws and throws a Javilin
Grok: at wg 3
Grok: « 1d10+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » damage
Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 »
Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 »
Grok: « 1d10+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » damage
Grok: ((done))
TGU: ((AP?))
Grok: ((none on any of my attacks))
winged goblin 3: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » vs DC 24
The first javelin misses the goblin’s head by an inch, the second one pins its head to the wall
Thurirl looks… irritated.
Grathix casts levitate
Grathix: « 1d20+14 = 20 + 14 = 34 » caster check
Grathix raises to the roof of the cave, out of reach of those pesky grapplers
Grathix: “AHAHAHAHAH! You can’t get me up here!”
Thurirl quirks an eyebrow at Grathix. Clearly, this is someone in dire need of education.
Grathix: “You’ve think these are the only goblins here? My father merely wanted them to be the one’s present at my feast, which you’ve so unkindly interrupted! But I am sure the other will have heard the commotion and will be here shortly!”
Thurirl decides that yes, this is definitely someone in need of severe teaching. Post haste.
Grathix lacks the proper training to really be intimidating
Isabis: “GOOD! Then we can clean out your whole den of miserable vermin at once!”
winged goblin 4 would not seem as sure as his comrade if he took the time to think, but since he’s raging, he’s not really thinking
winged goblin 4 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Jamshid
Hits « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » for « 1d10+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 », AP 2
winged goblin 4 swing his battle axe with all his rage at Grok
Hits « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 1d10+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 », AP 2
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur swings back (Combat Instincts) with his saber (Attack 17 for 7 damage (lethal, bleed))
winged goblin 4: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » vs DC 13
winged goblin 4: Fort save « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 »
winged goblin 4 avoids the bleeding
Jamshid par-Bahadur cuts at Goblin 4’s exposed throat (Attack 13 for 8 damage (lethal, bleed))
TGU: ((missed by 1))
Jamshid par-Bahadur follows it up with a thrust for the goblin’s heart (Attack 16 for 10 damage (lethal, bleed))
winged goblin 4: Damage Save « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » vs DC 18
Jamshid par-Bahadur sheathes his saber and readies a javelin ((done))
Jamshid slashes the goblin’s black heart
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
The only one left is the goblin caster, Grathix
Thurirl notes that the floating fellow makes a decidely tempting target. Now, if he can just manage to shoot over the ogre’s head without error…
Thurirl: ((I advise you duck, sir. The effects of a speeding arrow upon the cranium of your typical ogre are not part of this Aperture Science Testing Procedure.))
TGU: ((heh))
Thurirl wisely decides to invest in arcane help, lest he porferate the unsubtle ogre’s head. On accident, of course.
Grok: ((you want to be my next club?))
Thurirl strikes at his foe with a fiercesome bite!
Attacks « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » for « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » damage.
Thurirl: ((dammit; ignore that))
Thurirl summons arcane energy into his natural senses, enhancing his ability to perceive enemy defenses. (6 magic bonus; error range decreased by 2)
Thurirl: Spell Check: « 1d20
11 = 19 + 11 = 30 »
TGU: (success))
Thurirl stares hard at the goblin chief, lining up his arrow for the perfect timing.
Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
Attacks « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4.
TGU: ((hit))
Thurirl: ((w00t))
Thurirl: ((may I shoot again, or am I out of moves?))
TGU: ((you’re out of moves))
Thurirl: ((then I’m done))
Thurirl nocks another arrow in case the others do not manage to kill his target before he does. Again.
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis faces the door and draws her bow, preparing to shoot any (new) goblin that dares show it’s face.
Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: Throws a chakram at the annoying goblin« 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Chakram Damage
Malaina: does the actual throw« 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » Chakram
Vari: Breaths fire up at the caster; he’s not quite as out of range as he thought « 1d20+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » Fire Breath
Grok has received initiative.
TGU: (but misses))
Grok throws a rock at his flying club
Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »
Grok: ((so activating that crit))
Grok: « 1d12+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » damage, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
Thurirl: ((you’re gonna pin him to the wall))
The goblin, narrowly evading the gout of flame, manages to fly right into the path of Grok’s javelin. He falls to the ground in a heap
Thurirl: ((I stand corrected =P))
Grok: ((Rock, not javelin))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and by javelin we mean rock))
TGU: ((oh))
Thurirl: ((e_e))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: {Woanish} “Nice throw”
TGU: ((in which case, it does subdual damage))
Thurirl mutters something about “unsubtle brutes”.
Grok: ((no, large rocks do lethel
Grok: ((check out hurled weapons))
Jamshid par-Bahadur searches the bodies
TGU: ((ah, mixed up with something else then))
Isabis notice to hear Thurirl « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 »
Grok picks up his former club
Thurirl: ((much more handsome face for the pseudo-Arab =P))
Isabis: ((Yes, I like the new token))
End Init
Thurirl joins Isabis near the other door, putting away his bow and unsheathing his knife.
Contrary to the Grathix’s claims, the other goblins don’t seem to have noticed you, yet. Though it’d likely be unwise to stick around for long, plus the young drakelings are crying for their mothers, still clinging to Vari’s back.
Isabis whispers to him, “Hear, here.”
Isabis: (louder) “Can we set a fire in the tunnels now?”
Isabis glances about for somethign to wrap the body in
Thurirl gives her a look a the whisper, but gives no sign he understands.
There are plenty of wooden barrels, and a handy adult drake nearby. For the body, there are also various clothe sheets
A better look at your surrounding would make this out to be a multipurpose storage and shrine. The goblins probably believe their things would be safer here in a (un)holy place.
Thurirl: “Perhaps we should arrange for these supplies to be against the door. Whether we set them on fire or not, they should prove to be a formidable barrier, buying us valuable time in case someone comes to check on these.”
It would also explain why they were performing the ceramony to feast on the drakelings here
Isabis wraps the body carefully but quickly in a cloth of some kind; something not too grimy.
Isabis helps move crates agains the wall, coincidentally checking in them to see…ah, how heavy the goods inside are?
Isabis: ((gold is real heavy, ya know?))
Movign boxes and barrels around is easy enough, particularly for the ogre
Thurirl: ((search checks for loot?))
TGU: ((oh yes, loot!))
Isabis: search « 1d20+11 = 19 + 11 = 30 »
Grok starts stacking, once he figures out what the others are doing
There are many valuables here. There is a chest that contains a number of coins in it
Isabis stacks that one on Vari’s back, between the live babies
TGU: The winged goblins have some more coins, and various trophies (one coin, one trophy). Grathix has some magical items on him as well (two magic rolls and one loot roll)
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((note that we (or at least I) also searched the room the last battle happened in))
Grok: ((I assume we are retreating, now that we got what we came for?
TGU: ((there was nothing of value in that room))
Thurirl: ((no reason to stick around; we don’t want to put the kids in danger just for more loot))
Thurirl: ((set fire to the crates and the door and let’s be off; let our “hosts” find out the hard way that their feast is postponed))
TGU: ((treaasure rolls at a base of 5 for TL, and +5 for being in their lair))
Isabis lights the boxes; she’s angry that we can’t clean out the rest, even though she agrees the babies come first.
Isabis: ((lets roll treasure at the end))
Grok: ((who is doing the rolling?))
TGU: ((so 2 coin rolls, 1 trophy roll, and 2 magic rolls))
TGU: ((who wants what?))
Thurirl stands back, watching the flames in stoic silence.
Grok: ((if we just retreat, that should be the end))
TGU: ((and a loot roll))
Thurirl: ((I would like to claim at least one magic roll))
Isabis picks up the body and departs at a trot, instead of watching.
Grok: ((dibs on the trophy roll))
TGU: ((roll it1d20
10))
Isabis: ((remember, you don’t get what you roll necessarily; we each roll and then divide up the spoils when we know what we’re getting))
Isabis: ((or finding, anyway))
Grok: ((works for me then))
Grok loots! « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 »
Thurirl: ((I claim a magic roll.))
Isabis finds magic items? « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 »
Isabis: ((roll it then ))
TGU: ((Grok: one flawless piece of clothing, 1d20 x2 value))
TGU: ((Isabis: 1d4 wilding oils))
Isabis: « 1d4 = 4 »
Thurirl searches for things useful for arcane purposes. « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 »
TGU: ((Thurirl: 1d4 blurring oils))
Thurirl: « 1d4 = 1 »
TGU: ((I’ll roll a coin on Malaina’s behalf: « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » ))
Isabis: ((Jamshid and Observer get the other coin and the “loot” then))
TGU: ((she finds 120 silver))
Isabis: ((…nm, observer is AFK too.))
Thurirl regards the blurring oil he found with great interest.
TGU: ((Observer is “observing” ))
Isabis: general loot: « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 »
Thurirl: ((we can’t see the Observer; we have no detector units built))
TGU: ((1 set of trade goods, valued 1d20 x5 silver))
Isabis: « 1d20 = 18 »
Jamshid par-Bahadur: 5
Grok: « 1d20 x 2 = 7 2 = 14 » clothing worth
TGU: ((Jamshid finds 120 more coin))
Isabis: « 240/5 = 240 / 5 = 48 »
The place is looted, the way blocked, time to run away with the kids
Thurirl: ((blocked and on fire, care of Isabis . should be plenty warm in here in no time))
Isabis sets the stuff in the outer storeroom on fire too, as she passes
You manage to escape without much hassel
TGU: ((do folks want to finish with the RP with the mother, or do that next week?))
TGU: ((hmm, I would vote for next week, so Mooch can be here too))
Isabis: ((plus it’s late for some people))
Grok: ((doesn’t matter to me. I won’t be saying much intelligble))
Thurirl: ((I agree; we should let her participate in that))
Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 6
Logs Index
Main Page

Log 5

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk