Log 52

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 51

As you deal with the last of the assassin vines, you see a horde of shambling mounds lumbering (slowly) towards you. Deeper in the woods there is a high pitched cackling…
Grok: ((Jessaila is up, Mal and Isabis, feel free to act as well))

  • Seiankornai takes up Grok’s slack, and bellows “Who dares laugh at the Mighty Seiankornai!”
  • Isabis mutters “I am not authorizing the sale of any more small siege for use as personal firearms and don’t you forget it.”
    Voice: Mighty? You are in my forest now, intruders. And you shalln’t leave!

Grok: ((you didn’t authorize the 1st one…))

Jessaila: “Get your grammar right. It’s ’shan’t’, not ’shalln’t’!”

  • Seiankornai says in a lower, more evil and gleeful voice “Forests burn.” with a very unpleasant grin on his face
    Isabis: ((someone in the capital THINKS I did though. Her cousins still mention it in every letter ))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » tohit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
    DM: ((hit))

DM: ((so Touche?))

Jessaila: ((If possible, yes.))

DM: (1st damage save failed)

Malaina has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((also, I am a walking piece of artillery ))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook @ Vine 3

DM: Malaina and Isabis and Seiankornai can all go

DM: ((hit))

DM: ((Damaged))

DM: ((damage?))

Malaina: ((Gonna use a action die to activate the crit))

DM: « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » opposed grapple check

  • Isabis attempts to escape strangulation « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 »
    the vine does damage to Isabis as she tries to break free « 2d12+2 = 13 + 2 = 15 »
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Vari: « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » Fire Breath; 20 Threat Range @ Shambling Mound 2

DM: ((misses))

Vari: « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » Fire Breath; 20 Threat Range @ Shambling Mound 2

DM: ((misses))

  • Seiankornai lines up a good shot for one of the mounds (1)
    Breath of FIRE hit « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » for « 2d6+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » fire damage, Ref DC 17
    Isabis: ((did I escape, or just take damage?))

DM: ((Just took damage))

DM: ((Grapple full around i thought

DM: ((no damage then))

DM: Seian hits

DM: Reflex « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 »

DM: Damage save « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »

The vine grapples with Isabis « 1d20+9 = 1 + 9 = 10 »

  • Isabis attempts to escape strangulation « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
    The air suddenly turns very cold and starts to snow. All characters get +2 to defense, range increments go down by 20ft, and everyone takes « 1d4 = 3 » cold damage
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    DM: ((Btw, Cold damage ignores DR))
  • Seiankornai is glad to have his warm drakecloak, which resists the cold
    Seiankornai: ((DR yes, Cold Resistance no ))

DM: ((Yep))

Thurirl magically blasts the last vine
DM: ((Jamshid, roll Init please

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((need to look it up, sorry))

Shambling mound slams Isabis, « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 2d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage
DM: Shambling mound slams Seian, « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 2d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage

DM: opps…

DM: Shambling mound slams Seian, « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » for « 2d8+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 » damage

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Init 25

DM: Shambling mound slams Jess, « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » for « 2d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Jess, « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » for « 2d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage

DM: Feel free to act, Jamshid

Thurirl has received initiative.
Jessaila has received initiative.
DM: ((Also, everyone make a notice check, please))

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » Notice Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » Notice

Isabis: « 1d20+12 = 4 + 12 = 16 »

Vari: « 1d20+2 = 19 + 2 = 21 » Notice

Seiankornai: ((Notice « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » ))

DM: Sneak check of unknown « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 »

Jess and Vari notice more vines approaching from the east
DM: Jess, Mal, and Isabis can all act

  • Vari roars at Mala to watch her back
    Jessaila: “Be wary, more of these things coming in behind!”
Jessaila: ((Going to take Touche on SM2.))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage.
    The shambling mound collapses in on itself
  • Jessaila uses contempt to strike at the other SM
  • Isabis slashes at the mound hitting « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » tohit, « 1d10 = 2 » for damage.
    DM: Miss

DM: and hit

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack @ Vine 11
  • Isabis slashes at the mound (again) hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 »
    DM: for 1 damage

DM: ((Isabis misses, Malaina hits

DM: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage save mound 3

Malaina: ((I used Skullcrack, so if the Wis is lower then mine, auto fail))

DM: ((um, what skull? It doesn’t have one to crack!))

Malaina has received initiative.
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: Jamshid and Seian can act

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 » Chakram; Keen 4 « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » Chakram; Keen 4 @ Vine 12

Seiankornai: ((in their case it’d be more ikle Slice in Half From the Top))

Malaina: ((I don’t know why it did that twice))

DM: ((Contempt?))

  • Seiankornai steps to a great vatnage point and unleashes with the Fire!!
    Breath of Fire hits « 1d20+9 = 3 + 9 = 12 » for « 2d6+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » fire damage, Ref DC 17
    Seiankornai: ((AD boost « 1d6 = 1 »))

Seiankornai manages to hit a tree or two

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur throws his last good javelin at the south shambling mound, (Attack 12 for 8, ap4, massive, orc, bleed) then draws his sword and rushes it, attempting to flank
    The mounds are easy to flank, and you manage to flank it
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » damage save shambling mound

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai bites at the giant mound in contempt at its expert dodge
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » for « 1d10+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 », AP 1
    Seiankornai: ((and Crit activation cost is reduced by 1 for me, so spend 1 AD for 2 failed saves ))

DM: Assassin Vine grapples with Vari « 1d20+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 »

  • Seiankornai plunges his head into the mound and rips out its inner core with plenty of plant goriness
    DM: Assassin Vine grapples with Malaina « 1d20+9 = 7 + 9 = 16 »

DM: Assassin Vine grapples with Seian « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 »

DM: Assassin Vine grapples with Thurirl « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 »

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » Athletics Vari: « 1d20+2 = 13 + 2 = 15 » Athletics

Seiankornai: Grapple Athletics « 1d20+9 = 18 + 9 = 27 »

DM: « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » Thurirl grapple

The voice chants, and the chill intensifies
DM: « 1d4 = 4 » cold damage and « 1d6 = 2 » cold damage to Jess, Seian, Thurirl, Isabis, and Jamshid

Seiankornai: ((Athletics for Thurirl « 1d20+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »))

DM: ((seperate sources of damage, btw))

DM: Mal and Vari take just the 4 damage

  • Seiankornai can ignore the cold
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai really doesn’t want to suffer cold damage
    DM: Shambling mound slams Jamshid « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 2d8 = 12 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Isabis « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » for « 2d8 = 12 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Seian « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 » for « 2d8 = 2 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Malina « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » for « 2d8 = 8 » damage

  • Seiankornai shakes the vine off his tail, and looks at the shambling mound that patted him
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    DM: ((Sorry, the last one was at Jess, not Malina))
  • Jessaila casts Endure Elements on herself.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 15 + 11 = 26 »
  • Jessaila then strikes (Touche!) at her shamby opponent.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » tohit, « 1d10 = 6 » for damage.
    Malaina has received initiative.
    DM: Mal and Isa and Jamshid can all act
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack @ Vine 8
  • Isabis fires magic missiles at the shambling mound, using casting check « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » and doing damage « 1d6 = 6 » « 1d6 = 4 » and at assasing vine 10 « 1d6 = 3 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook @ Vine 8
  • Isabis slashes at the mound (again) hitting « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 » Chakram; Keen 4 @ Vine 12

DM: « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » vs DC 13

Malaina: « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Chakram Damage

DM: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » vs dc 15

DM: « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 » vs dc 17

The shambling mound seems resistant to Isabis’s blade
Seiankornai: ((hardly anythign has natural weapon resistance; I’m glad _ ))

DM: Vine damage save « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » vs dc 13

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: ((each of the mounds is flanked due to it’s lumbering state, so feel free to add that in, except for the one by Jess))

  • Seiankornai bites at the mound in front of him, while slaming his clawed foot down on the vine behind him
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » for « 1d10+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 », AP
    Claw hits « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » for « 1d8+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 », AP 1
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur swiftly slashes the shambler (Attack 19 for 11ap4,bleed and Attack 22 for 11ap4,bleed)
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » assassin vine 10

Seiankornai: ((bite vs mound 4, claw vs vine 7))

DM: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » vs dc 17

DM: « 1d8 = 6 » dm action die

DM: cancel that

DM: vine seian « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 »

DM: vine Jam « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 »

DM: vine jam « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 »

The cold seems to get even more intense « 1d4 = 4 » to all and « 2d6 = 10 » to jess, Seian, Thuriril, Isabis, and Jamshid

  • Seiankornai is starting to feel it now, and he really doesn’t like it
  • Seiankornai is going to feel sick for a couple of rounds
    Isabis: “Th-this is r-r-rediculous! I’m f-f-f-freezing to death in a j-jungle!”

The weather also seems to be getting more chaotic, as you see lightning and hear thunder
Seiankornai: ((Fort save vs subdual damage « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 » vs DC 12))

Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Fortitude

Thurirl has connected.
Vari: « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » Fortitude

Seiankornai: ((welcoem Thurirl, it’ll be your turn soon))

Thurirl: ((and just in time to chop some baddies up))

Isabis: fort save vs 17 « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 »

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Fort 18

DM: Welcome Thurirl, you are currently in the loving embrace of an Assassin vine

Seiankornai: ((maybe you can find the source of the evil cold!))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Axhar, can you figure out why it’s so blasted cold here?”

Axhar: poof

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
DM: Yellow triangle upside down is damage

  • Axhar attempts to ascertain what is going on (not including bonus for having the Weather Study) 23
  • Isabis notices that the vines behind her are NOT covered with icicles
    DM: Axhar recognizes the effects of the spells Chill storm I, and Deadly Draft I

DM: Thurirl is up, and is grappled

  • Thurirl attempts to break the vine’s hold on him. (Athletics: « [1d20+2] = Invalid expression: [1d20+2]. »)
  • Thurirl attempts to break the vine’s hold on him. (Athletics: « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 »)
    Thurirl: ((oops))

DM: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » resist

DM: Shambling mound slams Jess « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » for « 2d8 = 5 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Seian « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » for « 2d8 = 9 » damage

Jessaila: ((Miss.))

DM: Shambling mound slams Isabis « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » for « 2d8 = 7 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Jamshid « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » for « 2d8 = 6 » damage

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila is unmarried and therefore she is a missed miss.
    Axhar: “Everyone get away from the cold air!”

Thurirl: ((snrk))

  • Jessaila striketh verily at the foeplant with her silvery steel!
    Jessaila: ((Touche please!))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » tohit, « 1d10 = 6 » for damage.
    Thurirl: “I require assistence in performing that maneuver, Axhar!”

Malaina has received initiative.

  • Jessaila then moves out of the cold.
    DM: Mal and Isabis can act as well
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack @ Vine 12
  • Isabis fires magic missiles at the shambling mound, using casting check « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » and doing damage « 1d6 = 2 » « 1d6 = 5 » and at assasing vine 10 « 1d6 = 1 »
  • Jessaila comes to help Thurirl.
  • Vari shivering a bit as he tries to put some distance between himself and the cold
  • Isabis slashes at the vine hitting « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 »

DM: « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 »

DM: « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »

Seiankornai: ((Vari wasn’t in the cold))

Malaina: ((Don’t matter, he doesn’t want to be near it))

Seiankornai: ((ah, nvm))

DM: ((Isabis could change the slash to the mound, but it then misses

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: Jamshid and Seian can both go

  • Seiankornai flies up and away from the cold
    Seiankornai: ((to about 20ft off the ground))
  • Seiankornai tries to estimate the area where that laughter came from « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » notice
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur sidesteps and scimitar-sideswipes the shambler 14 for 7ap4,bleed
    DM: ((miss))
  • Axhar casts Control Weather (heat wave, unfortunately probably won’t affect anything in time) Spellcasting 36
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

DM: Vine grapples with Jess « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 »

DM: Vine grapples with Isabis « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 »

  • Isabis struggles with the vine « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
    A bolt of ligthning strikes in the area, shaking everyone up and causing « 2d6 = 7 » stress damage to everyone
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl would prefer to be free before the angry skies decide to roast him!
  • Thurirl struggles with his foe. (Athletics: « 1d20+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 »)
    Thurirl: ((oh come on))

Seiankornai: ((Will « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 »))

Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 18 + 5 = 23 » Will Vari: « 1d20+2 = 19 + 2 = 21 » Will

Isabis: will vs. stress damage 13 « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »

Jessaila: « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 » Will save

DM: Thurirl can act differently, as his vine is dead

  • Thurirl is satisfied and vents his frustration on the nearest foe. Oh look! A large and eager student!
    DM: ((Jess also has an opposed grapple check to make, trying to beat a 23
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » for « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage.
    DM: Which one you attacking?

DM: Thurirl, which one are you attacking?

Thurirl: ((Mound 5))

DM: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 »

DM: Shambling mound slams Jess « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » for « 2d8 = 13 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Thurirl « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 » for « 2d8 = 10 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Jamshid « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 2d8 = 7 » damage

Jessaila has received initiative.
DM: Jess has an opposed grapple roll to make, DC 23

DM: Mal and Isabis can both act as well

Thurirl: ((ow))

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » Chakram; Keen 4 @ Vine 7

DM: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 »

  • Isabis tries to escape the vine « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 »
    Isabis: ac « 1d6 = 5 »

DM: Isabis escapes the grapple

  • Jessaila strikes at the nearby shambly mount.
    Jessaila: ((Touche.))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage.
    DM: Jess still needs to make an opposed grapple check 1st

DM: DC 23

Jessaila: ((Uh…)) Jessaila: ((Moment.)) Jessaila: ((Okay, where’s my grapple check?))

DM: ((Athletics

Jessaila: ((Oh. Nevermind, I can’t beat a 23.)) Jessaila: « 1d20+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 » Athletics.

DM: Well, you can try to escape the grapple now

Jessaila: ((Athletics again?)) Jessaila: ((Or can I just strike with a weapon and kill the thing?))

DM: ((Yep))

Jessaila: ((I’ll use Touche then on the assassin vine.))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » tohit, « 1d10 = 10 » for damage.
    Thurirl: ((Nat 20!))

Seiankornai: ((woohoo))

DM: ((Can’t if you are grappled. You can try to break free or do free actions))

Jessaila: ((But you just told me I could.))

DM: I said it was athletics. Nothing about being able to attack. Although if contempt is a free action…

Jessaila: ((I have contempt.))

Thurirl: ((for the GM? =P))

DM: You can use that to attack then

DM: Now you can act normally

Jessaila: ((I plead the fifth.))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » tohit, « 1d10 = 2 » for damage.
    DM: miss

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: Jamshid and Seian can act

  • Seiankornai flies back a little and breaths some fire at the wounded mound
    Breath Hits « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » for « 2d6+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » fire, Ref DC 17
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks 17 for 10 and 26 for 11 ((done))
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 »

DM: « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » the vine tries to hug Isabis again

  • Isabis tries to escape the vine « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 »
    Isabis: ac « 1d6 = 4 »

Isabis: ((ad even))

Everyone takes « 1d4 = 3 » cold damage, and « 2d6 = 11 » stress damage from another lightning strike close by
Seiankornai has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Isabis resists freezing « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » and fear « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »
    Seiankornai: ((Will « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 », ignores cold))
Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » Will Vari: « 1d20+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » Will
  • Thurirl slashes at the mound again, starting to feel the effects of the cold spell.
    DM: DC 17 stress, and cold subdual for fatigue
Jessaila: « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » Will
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » for « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 » damage.
    DM: and misses

Seiankornai: ((is there any save to resist the stress damage from the lightning strike before it’s applied?))

Thurirl: ((do I get another shot?))

DM: yeah, sorry, DC 15 will save. Forgot about that

DM: ((if you want another shot, yes))

Seiankornai: ((and is that for half or negated?))

DM: ((half))

  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » for « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » damage.
    Seiankornai: ((ok, first one for half « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 », second for half « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »))

DM: and misses again

DM: well, Seian isn’t very stressed

DM: Shambling mound slams Jess « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » for « 2d8 = 6 » damage

DM: Shambling mound slams Thurirl « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » for « 2d8 = 11 » damage

Jessaila: ((Miss))

Jessaila has received initiative.
Thurirl: ((miss))

Hint Freebie: The players themselves should make a notice (MAP) check
Seiankornai: ((oh, Mystery2?))

DM: ((maybe))

  • Thurirl is a bit frustrated and wonders why he’s having trouble with educating his students.
    Jessaila: ((Slow learners.))

Seiankornai: ((probably because they’re plants, and lack a brain?))

Isabis: ((it’s that brainlessness problem. makes it hard to learn))

DM: Jess is up, and Malaina and Isabis can act as well

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » Notice Jessaila: ((To notice the spellcaster, if possible?))

DM: ((yes, look west. he’s been visible most of the time))

  • Isabis fires magic missiles at the vine, using casting check « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » and doing damage « 1d6 = 1 » « 1d6 = 3 » and « 1d6 = 3 » (rolling over to Mound 5 if the vine goes down before that)
    DM is so activating that error
    Isabis: « 1d6 = 4 » activated failure in wild magic zone (ouch)
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » tohit, « 1d10 = 7 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    DM: « 1d6 = 2 » damage to Isabis

DM: Jess misses

  • Jessaila strikes with contempt
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » tohit, « 1d10 = 3 » for damage.
    DM: for same result

Isabis: “Ow ow OW! What is WRONG with me? What’s wrong with the PLACE??”

DM: Malalina is up, and Jam and Seian can go too

Malaina has received initiative.

  • Isabis slashes at the vine hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
  • Seiankornai decides to check out hte general area that he heard the laughter come from
    Seiankornai: ((double move done, does he find anything?))

Seiankornai gets a magic missle in the face! « 3d6 = 16 » damage
And he sees the caster
Thurirl: ((Pain. He finds pain.))

DM: Isabis misses

The caster is a green skinned bent old women, with a cane, and long, whipping, unnatural hair
Seiankornai: “Unless you desire to die, you shall cease now.”

Hag: “Leave my forest, intruder!”

Seiankornai: “Not until the sunpool turns green, and I beleive we have to defeat you to do that.”

Hag: “Fool! There are no Sunpools in my forest! I have kept them out!”

Axhar: “Poorly”

Isabis: ((truce while you have a look at this red pond then? ))

Seiankornai: “Then you have a new one, as of a few moments ago.”

Hag: “Lies! I would sense such an intrusion!”

  • Seiankornai really should act more dragon-like, eat first, ask questions later, but it’s not his turn to do so
    You whisper to Seiankornai: Doing that to a sapient in her own territory would be the sort of thing the dragon kings reqire pennance for.
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack @ Vine 9

Hag: ((Dead))

You whisper to Seiankornai: You’re allowed to eat belligerants, but not over a misunderstanding, and you are supposed to do due diligence to be sure it’s not a misunderstanding.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Thurirl: ((and Malaina’s expert weeding saves us all))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps in and attacks 22 for 8
    Hag: « 1d20+10 = 18 + 10 = 28 »
  • Isabis wheezes “…almost defeated…by grass…whoooo.”
    The hag casts another magic missle at the big, ugly, dragon « 3d6 = 12 »
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Hag: Jamshid has another action

Malaina: ((Ooooo, Seian got honored by being called a dragon, I am sure the ugly part would be ignored))

Seiankornai: ((coming from a haf it’s a compliment))

Seiankornai: *"hag

Hag: « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps back out
  • Thurirl is getting irritated at this plant that persists in its efforts to frustrate him.
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 18 + 12 = 30 » Damage: « 3d4 = 6 » per ray; AP 5)
    Hag: « 1d6 = 6 »

Thurirl: ((at Mound 5))

Hag: « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 »

  • Seiankornai grunts when he’s hit by the missiles
    Hag: « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 »

Hag: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 »

Hag: Shambling mound slams Thurirl « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » for « 2d8 = 10 » damage

Jessaila has received initiative.
Hag: Jess, Mal, and Isabis can all act

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » tohit, « 1d10 = 4 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Malaina: ((Should we start heading where Seian is?))

Seiankornai: ((probably))

Hag: Mal, Isabis, and Jamshid can all act

Thurirl: ((I’m sure he’d prefer not to be the only target for magic missiles. =P))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Hag: And Seian can act as well

  • Seiankornai dives down on the hag, quite angry
    Bite hits « 1d20+10-1 = 4 + 10 – 1 = 13 » for « 1d10+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 » damage, AP 1
  • Isabis stumbles along, trying to rub life back into her half-frozen limbs
    Hag: Miss
  • Thurirl feels drowsy after that cold. He may need a warm bath or something to perk him up.
    Seiankornai: ((I should remember to use my tricks more often, such as the one that let’s me take 10 on an attack roll >.> ))

Seiankornai gets another magic missle thrown at him « 1d20+15 = 5 + 15 = 20 »
Hag: For « 3d6 = 12 » damage

Seiankornai: ((AD to boost defense by 2 for « 1d6 = 4 » rounds))

Seiankornai: ((Miss ))

Hag: She also attempts to claw you « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 »

Seiankornai: ((hit))

Hag: « 1d6 = 1 » damage

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai is a big drake, and isn’t fazed in the least by a fingernail of a little human, even if it is bigger than usual
  • Thurirl runs over to try and invigorate himself. A little movement might make for some good heat…
    Thurirl: ((double move okay?))

Hag: ((yeah))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila runs forward.
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Hag: Mal, isabis, and Jamshid can all go

Isabis: (done)

Hag: Seiankornai can go as well

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur hurries over toward the new battle ((done0)
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai bites again and again
    Bite hits « 10+10-1 = 10 + 10 – 1 = 19 » for « 1d10+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 », AP 1, using Practiced Blow trick
    Bite Hits « 1d20+10-1 = 5 + 10 – 1 = 14 » for « 1d10+6+2 = 9 + 6 + 2 = 17 », AP 1, using Damned if you Do trick
    Hag: Hag uses You can’t touch this trick, and both miss

Thurirl: ((cues MC Hammer))

Hag: ((Joke. Bad one))

Seiankornai: ((A 19 misses O_o))

Hag: look at it this way, when you do hit, you will probably crit.

Hag attempts to missle Seian, Mal, and Jess « 1d20+15 = 11 + 15 = 26 » for « 1d6 = 6 » to Seian, « 1d6 = 6 » to Malalina, and « 1d6 = 5 » to Jessaila
She also attempts to claw Seian again « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 » for « 1d6 = 1 » damage
Thurirl has received initiative.
Hag: Thurirl, Jess, and Malaina can go

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » tohit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
    Hag: misses
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 18 + 10 = 28 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack

Hag: that actually hits. How much damage?

  • Jessaila uses contempt to attack again.
    Seiankornai: “Grrr, I’m tired and hungry and those plants aren’t adequat food, and you’re unlikely to taste well either, so just stay still and die so we can go back!”
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » tohit, « 1d10 = 10 » for damage.
    Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » Halberd Damage

Hag: can’t. Not standard character

Jessaila: ((Oh. Not that it mattered anyway…))

The Halerd seems to have trouble biting into the Hag

  • Thurirl gets a little closer, considering if he should use distance or close in…
    Hag: *Halbred

Isabis has received initiative.
Hag: Isabis, JAmshid, and Seiankornai can all go

  • Seiankornai taps into his inner draconic fury and unleashes more fire on the hag (entering Berserk stance and casting Scorching Ray as a path spell, no check it just hits, three times for « 3 * 3d6 = 3 * 8 = 24 » fire damage total)
  • Isabis fires magic missiles at the hag, using casting check « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » and doing damage « 1d6 = 5 » « 1d6 = 3 » and « 1d6 = 5 » (rolling over to Mound 5 if the vine goes down before that)
    Isabis: (er, scratch that last bit, cut & paste failure)

Hag: ((Well, you didn’t beat her spell defense))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur charges and attacks 28 for 13 ap4,bleed
    Hag: Hit

The hag continues to missle the same three « 1d20+15 = 19 + 15 = 34 » for « 1d6 = 2 » vs Seian, « 1d6 = 2 » damage to Jess, and « 1d6 = 5 » damage to Mal

  • Seiankornai is unhurt
    She also claws the newcomer « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » vs Jamshid
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Hag: Thurirl, Jess, and Mal can go
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook

Hag: hit and miss, damage please

Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Halberd Damage
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 6 + 12 = 18 » Damage: « 3d4 = 8 » per ray; AP 5)
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » tohit, « 1d10 = 4 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((Bing!))
Jessaila: ((Activate that crit, baby!))

Hag: Ok, crit activated

Hag: Thurirl seems to be unable to penetrate her magic defense either

Isabis has received initiative.
Hag: Isabis, Jamshid, and Seian are all up

  • Seiankornai bites and bites again, all angry and hungry
    Bite hites « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » for « 1d10+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 », AP 1
    Bite hites « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » for « 1d10+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 », AP 1
  • Isabis fires magic missiles at the hag, using casting check « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » and doing damage « 1d6 = 4 » « 1d6 = 3 » and « 1d6 = 1 »
    Seiankornai: ((does a 25 hit?))

Seiankornai: ((OK, activating Crit, and spending AD to boost damage « 1d6 = 3 »))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks twice: 16 for 12ap4,bleed and 12 for 7ap4,bleed
  • Jessaila stabbies her a few more times for good measure.
    Hag: Well, Thurirl is in front of you
  • Seiankornai roars in bloody triumph, still in berserk stance. Y’all might want to step away for a bit
    Hag: Him too
  • Malaina lets out a breath as she heads over to Vari
    Isabis: “Let’s take a rest when we get back, shall we? I’m kinda worn out from this one.”
  • Thurirl is satisfied the hag is dead.
    Malaina: “Me too.”
  • Isabis limps back to where she can see the sunpool
    Isabis: “It’s green, good.”
  • Seiankornai calms down a moment later, still breathing heavily.
    Seiankornai: “Yes… rest…food…”

You may rest and recover without incident
Malaina: “Vari needs to warm up as well.”

  • Isabis wades through the pool and sets up camp in the temple
  • Malaina wades after Isabis
  • Seiankornai tiredly walks in, takes a drink on the way
    Hag: 4 symbols remain for you to choose
  • Thurirl is glad to get somewhere warm, starting to wake up again.
  • Jessaila helps Isabis back, if she can.
    Malaina: ((Mala and Vari need to heal up))
  • Isabis shares around the ‘touch of light’ until everyone is healed, then collapses
    DM: ((you aren’t in a time sensative enviorment, so you can rest and heal up
  • Axhar will heal everyone
  • Seiankornai needs a good healing rest too, wounds down to 15/24
    DM: However, there are the ocassional loud ogrish noises from outside the temple

Seiankornai: ((also two grades of fatigue))

  • Malaina sleeping against Vari for the time being
  • Seiankornai grabs the nearest humanoid for a teddy bear
    Jessaila: “Aiiiee!”

Seiankornai: “You smell good.”

Jessaila: “Um… thanks. I think…”

DM: « roll 1d5 = Invalid expression: roll 1d5. »

Jessaila: “Yeah, that’s totally not creepy in any way…”
  • Isabis gives a tentative peek at the archway when she wakes up
    DM: « 1d5 = 1 »

DM: Yeah, it’s Jess

  • Seiankornai is at least a pleasantly warm pillow
  • Jessaila evaluates her escape options.
    Isabis sees the ogres are currently attempting to pull the archway down with grappling hooks and ogre muscle. They aren’t accomplishing anything, but they seem to be having a good time trying.
    DM: After your rest, you may now pick another symbol. Then we can call it a night

Isabis: “Huh. Well that looks, eh, relatively harmless. … Is there a pit that under the entrance that wasn’t there before? I hope we can still get out when we’re done.”

  • Thurirl is happy to have rested somewhere warmer and without threat of being strangled.
    Isabis also sees the hole where the ogres have tried to dig out under the archway. There are also areas of scorched earth where the ogres have tried to burn the archway.
    Thurirl: “Who has the next choice for our destination?”

Seiankornai: “Something easy, like that talking one.”

Isabis: “I think we’ve all picked once…shall we vote? I vote for the one that kind of looks like talking.”

Thurirl: “Are you certain it involves talking? I have seen that symbol used for things other than marking an exclamation in written texts. It may not be as pleasant as we hope.”

Isabis: “You maybe prefer the skull?”

Isabis: “Or the one that looks like someone running away?”

As you step into the next sunpool, the voice speaks to you. “Sometimes an explorer encounters other people and other cultures. Making first contact can be an interesting challenge, as you attempt to communicate with an unknown culture and an unknown language. Especially with potentially hostile people…”
Thurirl: “The water drop, actually. I would find a quick swim refreshing, if not warm in itself.”

Isabis: “Next time, then.”

Thurirl: ((who touched it? O.o))

As you emerge from the pool, you see some strange creatures that you are not familar with.
Thurirl: ((Now hold on a minute!))

Thurirl: ((Did anyone actually choose a picture? Like touch it?))

Isabis: ((three of the six voters agreed to speech bubble so I touched it))

Malaina: ((Yea, I don’t we all agreed on that one))

Thurirl: ((and lemme guess, majority rules?))

Isabis: ((well, nobody else was saying anything, and it’s almost 12:30…))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((sure))

DM: They are shorter than average, with blue and purplish skin. They are somewhat cubby, and seem to have smooth skin. They walk on three legs, in a tripod fashion.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur Jamshid votes for the skull, his rationale being that he thinks the builders were trying to trap us
    Seiankornai: ((oh, seems Bandit and Moohc dropped out of Skype))

Isabis: ((besides, I figure there’s pretty good odds we’ll be doing them ALL before we’re done so it doesn’t actually matter all that much in the big picture))

Seiankornai: ((so they didn’t hear the discussion))

DM: They also hold pointed sticks, and what looks like bows and arrows.

Isabis: ((oh, oops))

DM: “YEvbenitk?”

Creature: “Swcelank ret wqas?”

  • Isabis holds up open hands
    Isabis: “We come in peace?”

Thurirl is disconnected.
The creatures don’t seem to understand you
End session

Log 53

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 52

Sunchasers DH Moochi