Log 54

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 53

The boy tells you that the Baron and his men took the map and have already left. As you may remember from last time, you have discovered an ancient elvish city out in the desert. Unfortunately, it isn’t who makes the find that gets the credit, but who gets back home first. So, you are in a race against the baron to return home. The travel plans page indicate three routes you can take
You whisper to Grok: This is supposed to be a high-magic setting, for Fantasy-Craft, and only one person so far has obtained a magic item other than starting.
You also see the red sunpool on a carpet that the boy has rolled out. He rolls up the carpet for travel, and the pool seems to disappear
DM: ((you may want to familarize yourself with the travel rules at around page 371.

Jessaila: ((Clarification: can we theoretically send a runner ahead at full speed while the rest follow?))

Isabis: “OK, of all the disturbing impossible ‘sunpools’ we’ve seen so far, that’s the most bizarre yet.”

DM: ((Theoretically, yes. One issue. Random monster encounters will be scaled for the full party. So if you have one person who you think can take them all on…))

  • Isabis nominates Axhar to carry the carpet
    Isabis: ((or flee successfully…))

DM: ((another option. Some random monsters can fly though))

Seiankornai: ((if they’re fast enough to run far ahead, they’re fast enough to flee most likely))

  • Thurirl doesn’t mind the sun’s warmth, but a little more water would be desirable.
    DM: ((also, Rasrean is a city where you could get supplies/help. It is in the middle option))

DM: ((wait, you allowed him to have infinite spell points? What?))

DM: ((it costs 5exp So broken…)

Seiankornai: ((it’s ment for DM side NPCs, shouldn’t have been available for PC side NPCs))

Isabis: ((well, an enemy NPC normally doesn’t go through all his spell points because his life is measured in rounds 9.9 __

DM: ((agreed))

DM: ((4, three, two, meaning?))

Seiankornai: Drakes Carry two people
3 Desert
2 Forest
2 Mountains
3 Plains
1 Swamp

Drakes Carry three People
4 Desert
2 Forest
4 Mountains
4 Plains
2 Swamp

DM: ((funny, Grok could probably could carry the whole party))

Seiankornai: mph of slowest person in those terrains,

DM: ((well, 3 mph is the lowest travel speed of someone in party))

Isabis: ((less terrain penalties, yes))

DM: ((so in normal terrain, you move that fast, Forests and Mountains will be one slower

Seiankornai: ((Drakes have fly travel speeds of 4))

DM: ((Yep))

Seiankornai: ((so can carry folks))

Isabis: ((plus pathfinder bonuses when available))

To throw another wrench in the calculations, you discover that your food supplies and water are gone
DM: Yep

DM: ((To be fair, the Baron and his men will have the same issue to deal with))

DM: ((Survival, DC 20 for barren, like desert))

DM: ((Takes 4 hours

DM: ((Forge Forest DC 10 DC 15 mountains Swamp DC 20 Desert))

DM: ((also, as a reminder, you can also push limit to get an extra speed))

DM: ((Also, you will have to make survival checks to avoid getting lost, from the page 371))

DM: ((that will be a once a day thing))

DM: ((Densely populated area, population size around 1200 people))

Isabis: ((anyone adverse to taking route 2?))

Seiankornai: ((sounds like the best to me))

Thurirl: ((not particularly, no))

DM: For those not on skype, they are totaling their weight of items to see if they can all maintain a light load

DM: Or if they can leave some stuff behind, so Axhar can cast fly on all of you

DM: So anyone not able to maintain a light load?

Jessaila: ((I can move on the ground, so I don’t really need to worry about that now.))

DM: ((interestingly enough, the slowest members will be the drakes then

DM: ((At 4 mph))

Seiankornai: ((carrying 27 lbs out of my 160 limit))

Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 14 + 11 = 25 » Survival Check to not get lost

DM: ((that makes it for desert, now are you forging for food and water?))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Axhar 14 to assist, Jamshid 21 to assist

Jessaila: ((I can forage for food and water, yes. Do you want me to do so now, or wait until the forest?))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and no, we have plenty of rations (or at least most of us do))

DM: ((Rations are gone. No food, no water))

DM: ((don’t worry, you’ll get them back when you go back through the sunpool))

  • Jessaila keeps an eye out for likely water and food in the desert. « 1d20+11 = 4 + 11 = 15 » Survival
    DM: ((Failure, which turns into a success))

DM: ((now for the forest section, please))

DM: ((Survival not to get lost, and then if you want to forage))

Seiankornai: ((it’s min check is greater than 20, remember))

Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 » Not to get lost in the woods. « 1d20+11 = 19 + 11 = 30 » to forage for food.

DM: ((made it through forest, and found food.))

DM: now on to mountain

Jessaila is disconnected.
TheGreatandMightyJessaila has connected.
DM: Welcome back, I guess

DM: ((you got through forest, now you need to make it through the moutains, and find food))

TheGreatandMightyJessaila: Thanks.

  • Seiankornai admires the elf’s highly trained skills in navigating through the wilderness and of finding food. He’s quite content of playing the part of the hunting hawk.
    TheGreatandMightyJessaila is disconnected.
    Jessaila has connected.
  • Thurirl keeps up the rear and volunteers to help prepare food when needed.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 » Survival to keep on track in the Mountains. « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 » to find food and water

DM: ((So, what are you getting in Rasrean?))

  • Seiankornai buys food supplies to put in his bags
  • Jessaila looks for mounts.
    Seiankornai: “OH good, more travel food!”
  • Jessaila stops looking.
    Jessaila is able to find most mounts she may be looking for.
    DM: ((so, can most of you ride?))

DM: ((feel free to keep making checks for the rest of the terrain. One for the forest, one for the mountains, and 2 for the plains

Isabis: ((I have a ride bonus of 4…I think the fly will benefit me more here))

  • Isabis buys a map
  • Seiankornai has bought plenty of preserved meat. Doesn’t even think about veggies or grain based foods.
    DM: ((+1 to travel speed. I’ll add that to the travel speed))

Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 15 + 11 = 26 » Survival for Forest, « 1d20+11 = 8 + 11 = 19 » Survival for Mountains, « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 » Survival for Plains 1, « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 » Survival for Plains 2

  • Isabis spends any extra time available to her in the city seeking history books that might reveal forgotten secrets of the ancient kingdoms, since she thinks we’re back in time again
    DM: Baron’s Travels 1st day 11 hours lost 15 hours for forage 21 hours to get out of desert 29 hours to get out of forest 33 Forage in forest 48 hours lost 52 hours foraging 61 hours to get to city, out of mountain 71 hours to get through forest 80 hours to get through Mountain 96 hours to finally get home. 12 days to get there. Morons. Party 6 hours to get out of desert 10 hours for foraging 19 hours to get out of forest, 23 hours for foraging 31 hours to get through mountains 35 hours foraging 37 hours shopping 45 hours to get through forest 52 hours to get through mountain 62 hours to get through the plains. Slightly under 8 days

DM: Baron’s party: 12 days to get there. Morons

DM: PC party: Slightly under 8 days

  • Jessaila beats the Baron again, this time on the forest floor rather than the dance floor.
    The carpet still has it’s portable sunpool, but this time the sunpool is green
    Isabis: « 1d20+12 = 8 + 12 = 20 » bookstore shopping!
  • Seiankornai goes to assist Isabis after getting food (« 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 » )
    Seiankornai: ((oh well, no +2 for you ))

You return again to the temple. What will you do now?

  • Isabis finds nothing /really/ obscure, but picks up a couple of first editions of old books that will render her friends at the Riddlemaster’s college terribly jealous.
    Seiankornai: “Well, one left, nothing to lose and some to gain, so shall we enter?”

Isabis: “One moment.”

  • Isabis carefully stows away the books and map and a few other items she doesn’t want magically disappeared before presenting herself before the sunpool this time.
  • Jessaila takes the precaution of sharpening her saber and main gauche.
  • Isabis readies her hnad claw as well, just in case
    You again travel through the sunpool. You find another scroll, this time a contract, where you are tasked to investigate the disappearance of several people in the area. Most recently, someone saw one of the missing people near the local crypt. You find yourself outside this location, with a red sunpool behind you.
    Isabis: “…missing in the vicinity of Skullstorm Crypt. Huh, ruin delving again.”

DM: ((One question. How do I add a light source to a map?))

  • Thurirl feels a bit uncomfortable. People disappearing near crypts is never a good sign.
    DM: ((You may switch to the crypt map, btw))

DM: ((i’ll have to get a light source in here first though))

DM: ((feel free to roll Init

Isabis: initiative! « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 »

Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » Initiative.
    Seiankornai: Init « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 »

A voice, not the Voice, speaks out of the darkness, “Welcome, those who have come to join my legion.”
Isabis: “Actually, we’ve come to bury your legion.”

Seiankornai: "How about those who haven’t?

DM: “You are here, so you will join!”

Seiankornai: “So if we leave after breaking your bones, we won’t be?”

  • Thurirl mutters about how unsurprising this is.
  • Jessaila casts Dancing Lights.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 »
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Init 18
  • Jessaila moves forward with her lights.
    Jessaila: ((Done for now.))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis attempts to ruin the night vision of that skeleton with the bow.
    DM: ((K, how?))

Seiankornai: “A pity there’s no meat on them, still some good marrow is nice to chew on.”

  • Isabis casts “Flare” with skill « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 »
    Isabis: duration « 1d6 = 6 »

Thurirl: “I would advise against chewing on such bones for a prolonged duration. We are in a crypt. I do not think all of these are ‘fresh’.”

DM: Skeletal bowman shoots Isabis « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » for « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » damage AP 6

DM: Skeletal bowman shoots Jess « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » damage AP 6

Jessaila: “Ow!”

DM: Skeletal bowman shoots Isabis « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 » for « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » damage AP 6

DM: Skeletal bowman shoots Vari « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » damage AP 6

DM: Skeletal bowman shoots Seian « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » damage AP 6

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: Thurirl can also go as well

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur rapidly closes the distance ((done))
    DM: Malanina moves up, Vari takes cover

DM: ((unless someone else want to control her

Thurirl has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Ummm, I am still here))

Seiankornai: ((go ahead then))

Malaina: ((I never gave permission to NPC my characters))

Isabis: ((you’re here! I thought your connection died or something.))

Malaina: ((No, I have been ehre))

Malaina: ((And I am done))

DM: Is Bandit here?

DM: Thurirl is up. Seian can go as well

Thurirl: ((yes))

  • Seiankornai moves forward quickly
  • Thurirl moves closer as well, drawing his sword.
    DM: ((Both done?))

Seiankornai: ((yes))

Two javelins fly out of the darkness at Jamshid
DM: « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 1d8 = 3 » damage and « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » for « 1d8 = 6 » damage

DM spends one AD for reinforcements
Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila advances to the affray!
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » tohit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
  • Isabis casts “shield” with skill « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » (grants 1/2 personal cover and negates MM)
    Isabis: ((done))
Jessaila: ((Sorry, hit the wrong button.))

DM: Skeleton melees Jamshid « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » for « 1d8 = 2 » damage

DM: Skeleton melees Jess « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 » for « 1d8 = 4 » damage

DM: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » damage AP 6 at Jamshid

DM: AD to activate crit

DM: « 1d20+9 = 20 + 9 = 29 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » damage AP 6 at Jess

DM: AD to activate crit

DM: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » damage AP 6 at Isabis

Seiankornai: (activating failure for 1 AD)

DM: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » DC 14

DM: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » damage AP 6 at Seian

DM: « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » damage AP 6 at Vari

Seiankornai: “Tsk, I’m not sure I’d want to join your army. It seems to fight itself. Much more honest to fight them while enemies.”

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks the skeleton facing him 21 for 10ap4,bleed
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 » damage save
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attempts to flank an archer ((done))
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » Chakram; Keen 4 @ Skelly 101

DM: ((damage?))

Malaina: « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » Chakram Damage

DM: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » damage save

Vari: « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » Fire Breath; 20 Threat Range @ Skelly 101

DM: ((miss))

Malaina: ((done))

DM: Thurirl and Seian can go

Thurirl: ((trying to figure it out, mmkay?))

  • Seiankornai breaths fire at a couple of skeletons in front of him
    Breath hits « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » for « 2d6+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » fire damage
    DM: ((miss))
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 2 + 12 = 14 » Damage: « 3d4 = 9 » per ray; AP 5)
    Seiankornai: ((boost with AD « 1d6 = 6 »)

Seiankornai: ((« 1d6 = 5 »))

Seiankornai: ((13 into 24))

Thurirl: ((targeting figure with the axe))

DM: « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » reflex save

DM: « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 »

DM: « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » DC 15

  • Thurirl mutters about the lowlight conditions.
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 » dc 13

DM: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » damage AP6

  • Seiankornai ’s fire withers one skeleton as well as the arrow it shoots
    The figure throws two Javelins at Thruril
    DM: « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » for « 1d8+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » damage and « 1d20+9 = 1 + 9 = 10 » for « 1d8+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » damage

Malaina: ((I am spending an AD to activate that failed attack))

Jessaila: ((1AD to activate))

DM: AD to activate success

Seiankornai: ((so 2 AD crit failure ))

  • Thurirl gives a cry of pain!
    The Javelin goes wildly off course, causing an unrevealed monster to scream out in pain and give away it’s location
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » damage save
Jessaila: “Watch out! There are wights!”

A wight creeps up behind Jamshid and strikes!
DM: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 »

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur parries with his scimitar
    DM: « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » damage
Jessaila: ((Activate it!))
  • Jessaila strikes out at the approaching enemy. (Ref save DC 15 to avoid « 1d10+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » damage.)
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 » ref

The wigth apparently meant to attack the ground, with his teeth, and did so quite handily
Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » tohit, « 1d10 = 9 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    Jess wonders why the wight is bowing down to her, so she sticks some metal in it.
    Jessaila: “Oh dear. You’re not very good at this, are you?”

Seiankornai: “It’s a rather incompetant army, isn’t it?”

Seiankornai: “But that’s what you get when you hire just anyone who enters your office.”

DM: ((Seian doesn’t know quite how accurate he is. The wights apparently forgot to not make noises when hiding, and are now noticable)) ((another 1 rolled))

Seiankornai: (( XD ))

  • Jessaila casts a Polar Ray at Archer 4.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 »
  • Isabis casts “animate dead 1” with skill « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
  • Isabis re-raises the skeleton at her feet ((with 1 action die as a more powerful undead))
    The remaining skeletons move to attack
    DM: « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » damage at Malania
Malaina: « 1d10 = 3 » Dragon Eye; Edged Damage

DM: « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » damage save

DM: « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » at Seiankornai

  • Isabis commands her new skeleton, “Attack the other undead” and it attacks skeleton archer 4
  • Seiankornai is quite happy that the skeleton obligingly came closer to himself
    DM: Jamshid gets shot « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » for « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » damage
  • Isabis attacks, hitting « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 »
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » shot at Seian

DM: AP 6, btw

DM: « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » shot at Vari

  • Isabis sighs “I guess if I want it to be a better fighter than before I’d have to actually /practice/ that spell.”
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » shot at Reanimated skeletal foe

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks the wight (21 for 5ap4,bleed)
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 »

DM: ((Wight saves from Jamshid’s attack))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack, Damned if you Do (If I have to roll damage) @ Skelly 101

DM: ((miss))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack, Damned if you Do (For damage) @ Skelly 101
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur follows up with a decapitating stroke 23 for 8
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
Vari: « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » Claw Attack; 19-20 Threat Range @ Skelly 101
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur curses in sheer contempt and tries a last time 13 for 6
    DM: ((last time misses))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: adding action die 2

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

DM: ((hits then))

DM: « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 »

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl takes a moment to look to more immediate matters: namely, the gaping wound in his side.
  • Thurirl gathers healing energy and uses it on himself, sealing the wounds. (Effect: You heal 10 damage on a standard character, or 10 vitality or 1 wound on a special character (your choice).)
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 »
  • Seiankornai bites at the skeleton in front of him in excited contempt
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » for « 1d10+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » , AP 1
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 »
  • Thurirl feels a little better, but may need better treatment soon.
  • Seiankornai plows over the skeleton, ripping it apart as he moves on for more chew toys
  • Seiankornai finds one, yaaaay!
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » for « 1d10+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 », AP 1 (Archer 1)
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 »

DM: Parting shot « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » damage AP 6

  • Seiankornai is taking a few pin-pricks
    The figure holsters his ax and draws out a claymore
    DM: « 1d20+9 = 1 + 9 = 10 » for « 1d12+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » damage
  • Jessaila activates!
    The figure manages to break his claymore on the pillar next to him
    He also gazes intently at Jess and Isabis, who need to make a DC 20 Fort save or be fatigued
    Isabis: « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » fort

Isabis: « 1d6 = 2 » action die

Jessaila: « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » Fortitude

DM: Wights attack Jamshid « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » damage

DM: Wights attack Seian « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » damage

DM: Wights attack Seian « 1d20+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 » for « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » damage

Seiankornai must make a DC 15 fortitude save or lose 10 vitality to soul drain
Jessaila has received initiative.
Seiankornai: « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 » Fort

  • Jessaila galumphs forward to attack the next foe.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » tohit, « 1d10 = 9 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
  • Isabis ’s skeleton attacks skele-archer4, hitting « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 »
    Isabis: skeleton damage « 1d12 = 5 »
  • Isabis ’s skeleton attacks skele-archer4, hitting « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » for possible damage « 1d12 = 11 »
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 »

DM: « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 »

DM: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » parting shot for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »

  • Isabis moves to Thurirl and casts “cure wounds 1” with skill « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
    Isabis: (using an action die activate crit and cure 3 wounds instead of 1)
  • Thurirl thanks Isabis for the assist, noting that the pain and bleeding seem to be much less now.
    DM: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Skeleton stabs Malania for « 1d8 = 5 » damage
Malaina: « 1d10 = 7 » Dragon Eye; Edged Damage

DM: Archer shoots Jess « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » AP 6

Thurirl: “One must be thankful for one’s companions. And that the ogre was not the one that threw the javelin.”

DM: « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » damage save

  • Isabis has to laugh at that
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Malaina blinks at the slight increase in power she feels coming from her pendant, almost like she heard a roar
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur spins and attacks the wight behind him 13 for 11ap4,bleed
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur tries an action die 2
    DM whispers: so do you want to allow people to choose a magic item of their level, or pass out specific ones?
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 » damage save
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps in and attacks the armored figure 16 for 14
    DM: Malaina and Thurirl can both go as well

DM: ((miss))

Malaina has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

You whisper to Grok: I would do something like offering a specific benefit, and playing with the whole ‘divine reward’ aspect to let people choose what item it comes attached to. But no, please don’t actually set all my favorite minmaxers loose in the rulebook to pick whatever they want altogether.
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Skull Crack, Damned if you Do (for damage) @ Wight 1

Vari: « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » Fire Breath; 20 Threat Range @ Skeletal Archer

DM whispers: what minmaxers? We only have Isaac, right? And for specific benefit, choose a specific charm or essence and then let them choose the item?

  • Seiankornai looks over at Mala, “Thanks for that one!”
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    DM: Thurirl and Seian can both go
  • Thurirl sees a target… and has sufficient wrath to terminate it.
    Thurirl: ((torching Archer number 3))
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 17 + 12 = 29 » Damage: « 3d4 = 5 » per ray; AP 5)
    Player “Isaac,” is not connected.
    You whisper to Grok: Isaac, Andrew, you… Brock less so, but I demonstratably don’t know the rule book well enough to preemptively forbid all insanity…and the others don’t really want to look through the rules and try to figure out what they want, anyway.
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » damage save
  • Seiankornai chomps down on the nearby wight (using contempt again)
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 8 + 10 = 18 » for « 1d10+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 », AP 1
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » damage save

DM: « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » damage save

You whisper to Grok: I mean, the guy that still hasn’t equipped his character probably doesn’t need to be tasked with learning the magic item creation rules
DM: « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » save vs seiankornai

  • Seiankornai bites it again, and again if necessary
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 18 + 10 = 28 » for « 1d10+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 », AP 1
    DM: « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 »
  • Seiankornai moves on past it
    Seiankornai: “Ahhh, death and destruction in my wake, it’s good to be alive.”

DM whispers: true. Do you have some idea what people would want?

  • Seiankornai looks towards the others, “Seems you all aren’t doing too bad either.”
    Big and not so nasty tries to redeem himself with his ax
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » for « 1d12+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » damage AP2

DM: « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » for « 1d12+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » damage AP2

DM: « 1d8 = 5 » action die on 2nd one

DM: Not sure if 22 hits Jamshid

You whisper to Grok: The last time I tried to ask, nobody answered except Malaina, and she got what she asked for 9.9
Jessaila has received initiative.
You whisper to Grok: You could try putting together a range of items that make sense for your Warden of Travelers, and let people choose from among them, perhaps?

  • Thurirl waves at Seian and grimaces.
  • Jessaila moves forward and strikes at the skeleton with Contempt
    DM whispers: I’ll do that, then send it your way for approval
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » tohit, « 1d10 = 3 » for damage.
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 »

You whisper to Grok: That’ll work.

  • Jessaila throws her boomerang with her off hand at the Armoured Figure.
    You whisper to Grok: If worst came to worst, they can always donate them to museums or whatever to get the reputation.
    DM: « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » Parting shot at Jess « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » I forgot how to throw my boomerang, but it all came back to me.

Isabis has received initiative.
DM: ((miss))

Isabis: *The skeleton seeks a foe

  • Isabis ’s skeleton attacks its foe, hitting « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d12 = 5 »
    DM: ((miss))
  • Isabis casts magic missiles at the axe-guy, with skill « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 »
  • Isabis hits for « 1d6 = 2 » « 1d6 = 2 » and « 1d6 = 6 »
    DM: « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 »

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
DM: Malaina and THurirl can go as well

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks the armored figure ferociously 29 for 9 and agan 11 for 11
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: activating

Jamshid par-Bahadur: yeah, also boosting damage 3

Log 55

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 54

Sunchasers DH Moochi