Log 55

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 54

DM: Continuing the fight from last time…
Malaina: « 1d20+10+3 = 19 + 10 + 3 = 32 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, Disarm (Mixup, adding a +3 since it was never used in last three rounds)

Malaina: ((Yea, using an action die for that crit, if I can))
The Ax falls to the ground
Seiankornai: ((heheheh))

Malaina: ((Since Disarm is a half action, can I attack?))

DM: ((yep))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook

DM: ((Miss))

Malaina: ((I am done))

DM: ((Thurirl and Seiankornai can act.))

DM: ax deviation « 1d8 = 4 »

Malaina: ((I am guessing the ax is in the shadows somewhere?))

  • Thurirl attempts to test the fire resistance of the (former) ax-bearing foe.
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+12 = 1 + 12 = 13 » Damage: « 3d4 = 6 » per ray; AP 5)
  • Seiankornai towards the back of the room and turns on the canned food
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » for « 1d10+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 », AP 1, Threat 15
    Activating crit. Thurirl finds his ability to use magic blocked for the duration of the scene
    DM: Hit, but no crit
  • Thurirl curses under his breath, feeling his arcane abilities fizzle and go dead.
    The figure steps to his ax, picks it up, and attempts to hit both Malania and Seian
    DM: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » vs Mal, for « 1d12+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 » damage AP 2

DM: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » vs Seian, for « 1d12+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » damage AP 2

Jessaila has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “So are you living or dead?”

DM: Isabis and Jamshid can act as well

The figure does not respond.

  • Jessaila strikes at the armoured figure with her fencing blade.
  • Isabis tells her skeleton “Destroy the creature with the axe!”
    DM: ((I don’t suppose anyone else has an ax, do they?))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7+2 = 14 + 7 + 2 = 23 » tohit, « 1d10 = 2 » for damage.
    DM whispers: Did I mention t hat I think the difference between vitality points and wounds for Npcs to be rather ridiculous?
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((I don’t ))

Isabis: *Skeleton attacks at « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d12 = 12 »

DM: Jamshid can also act

  • Isabis contemplates the crowd around the axeman and decides to stick with magic missiles, which can’t hit an ally by mistake. Casting: « 1d20+13 = 17 + 13 = 30 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 1 »« 1d6 = 2 »« 1d6 = 3 »
    DM: ((hits))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attempts to stab the armored figure in the back (26 for 6 ap5,bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

DM: Fort save on bleed « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »

Malaina has received initiative.
Isabis: ((BRB))

DM: Thurirl and Seiankornai can also go as well

  • Thurirl hurries up the steps to keep the enemy in sight.
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook

DM: ((roll damage))

Malaina: « 1d6+2+2 = 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 » Chakram Damage (Damned if you Do damage) Malaina: « 1d10+2+2 = 1 + 2 + 2 = 5 » Halberd Damage (Damned if you Do damage)

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Malaina uses Fend to get 5ft away
    Malaina: ((done))
  • Seiankornai chomps down in retribution on the axe guy
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for « 1d10+7+2 = 8 + 7 + 2 = 17 », AP 1, Threat 15, Error 2 (also using damned if you do)
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » for « 1d10+7+2 = 6 + 7 + 2 = 15 », AP 1, Threat 15, Error 2 (also using damned if you do)
    DM: Toughness grade 2 spent

The Ax wielder strikes out at those that have most hurt it.
DM: « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » vs Skeleton puppet, for « 1d12+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » damage AP 2

DM: « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » vs Seiankornai, for « 1d12+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 » damage AP 2

The figure’s dark eyes blast out energy in a cone, forcing all under it to make a Fortitude DC 20 check or take 1 grade of fatigue
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » Fortitude

DM: ((meaning skelie, Mal, and Vari))

Jessaila has received initiative.
Vari: « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » Fortitude

DM: ((Both get -2 on attack checks, among other things))

  • Isabis lets her hand-claw dangle from its lanyard and readies her bow instead
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 »
  • Jessaila attacks twice.
    Isabis: *Skeleton attacks at « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » for possible damage « 1d12 = 12 »
Isabis: *Skeleton attacks at « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d12 = 11 »
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » tohit, « 1d10 = 1 » for damage.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((Add +2 for flanking.))

The skeleton hits, but all others miss
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Isabis: *skeleton’s fort « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 »

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur presses his assault 21 for 11 ap5,bleed and 21 for 9
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

DM: « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 »

DM: « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 »

Malaina has received initiative.
DM: Malaina Thurirl and Seian can go

DM: ((my mouse sometimes has problems, at least until i feed it cheese))

  • Isabis pulls a bent arrow out of the balcony railing, muttering about her own aim
  • Thurirl maneuvers for a better spot, taking out his bow and quiver.
  • Seiankornai attempts to tear the guy apart with his face, his very toothy face
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » for « 1d10+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 », AP 1, Threat 15
    Bite hits « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for « 1d10+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 », AP 1, Threat 15
    Seian barely avoids biting the skelie besides him
    Malaina: « 1d20+9-2 = 18 + 9 – 2 = 25 » Chakram; Keen 4
Malaina: ((Dammit, wrong one))

DM: ((just roll for halbred damage))

Malaina: « 1d20+10-2 = 10 + 10 – 2 = 18 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Halberd Damage

DM: « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » fort save

The latest blow finally knocks off a bit of the armor of this figure, revealing the armor to be an empty shell
Seiankornai: “… awwww. Where’s the meat?”

The figure again strikes at those most damaging to it

  • Seiankornai has decided this fight has become much less fun
    DM: « 1d20+9 = 3 + 9 = 12 » vs Skelie, for « 1d12+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » damage AP 2

DM: « 1d20+9 = 3 + 9 = 12 » vs Jamshid, for « 1d12+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » damage AP 2

  • Thurirl suddenly wonders what use arrows could be…
    Jamshid par-Bahadur whispers: (question from Arica: which week will you guys be in Ohio?)
    The red eyes glare at Thurirl and Seian, Fort DC 20 or take a fatigue condition
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » fort

You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: Oh! Yes, I’ve been wanting to discuss that with you guys.
Jessaila has received initiative.
Thurirl: Fort Reflex: « 1d20+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 »

  • Jessaila steps closer and attacks with her saber and main gauche.
    Player “The” is not connected.
    DM: ((speaking of shadows, where did Thurirl get the mist dancer class? Is there a suplement that i missed?))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » tohit, « 1d10 = 2 » for damage.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her main gauche. « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage.
    Isabis has received initiative.
    DM: Isabis and Jamshid can go

Seiankornai: ((yeah, it’s in its own little PDF at the moment, though it’ll be added to the bigger Spellbound book coming out “soon” (and it’s been “soon” for a long time, though it really is starting to get to soon)

DM: ((Any other interesting classes coming out with it?))

Seiankornai: ((20 total classes; one base class caster for each of the spell schools, 1 other base class I think, and plenty of expert and master classes))

  • Isabis attempts to rain arrows down on the armor without hitting her allies
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
    Isabis: activating crit
Isabis: « 1d6 = 6 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks high and then low (31 for 8 and 19 for 9 both ap5,bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: activating crit

Jamshid par-Bahadur: and adding action die to damage

Jamshid par-Bahadur: 5

  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 »
    Jamshid’s blow follows Isabis’s arrow into the gap in the armor, causing the armor to buckle and collapse
    End of Encounter
    DM: ((not hearing anything over skype, btw, don’t know why))

Thurirl: ((think you got dropped; we’re all cheering here))

Thurirl: ((probably a good thing =P we’d bust your eardrums right now))

Jessaila: ((Not cheering because you dropped. Because the foe dropped.))
  • Isabis looks at her animated skeleton
    Isabis: “Huh. Now what do I do with you?”

Thurirl: ((in some circles, the GM is the foe))

Malaina: “Maybe you can keep it?”

DM: ((tempting, but it doesn’t end well))

  • Seiankornai sorta mild roars in triumph, as he didn’t get the kill and the kill wasn’t really a proper killing
    DM: ((except I do have a trap module I love….))

Malaina: ((No thanks))

Isabis: “I guess…if it can go through the sunpool and all… it might cause problems in town, though.”

  • Seiankornai looks at the exit pool, is it green?
    The sunpool turns green
  • Malaina heads for the green sunpool, Vari following behind her
    DM: ((Signing back on to skype
  • Thurirl goes to the sunpool as well, feeling a bit annoyed that he didn’t get to do much “educating”.
    DM: ((you can’t educate that which is dead!))

Jessaila is disconnected.

  • Seiankornai goes to the sunpool, grumbling there wasn’t much to eat from this fight
    Jessaila has connected.
    DM: Skype is giving me trouble, so assume I don’t hear anything from there

Seiankornai: ((ok))

  • Isabis shrugs at the skeleton and says, “Come along if you can I guess.”
    Could not execute the command: “im Skeleton”, exception = null
    Isabis: *Skeleton follows everyone through the sunpool

The skeleton shuffles after you. However, on exiting the pool on the other side, it does not appear.

  • Seiankornai gets back to the island and leaves the temple, and looks for Grok
    Jessaila: “I can’t say I’m very sorry about that, Isabis.”
  • Isabis is more relieved than anything
  • Malaina heads out the temple as well, stretching her arms up
    When Seiankornai leaves the temple, he finds a small treasure trove outside in the courtyard area
    Isabis: “Yeah, it would’ve been awkward. I don’t know how long it would last – it just seems wrong to make something alive…er, sorta alive, and then just crush it for no reason.”
  • Seiankornai ’s excititement levels increase greatly, and he roars happily
    Seiankornai: “TREASURE! TREASURE! TREASURE!”
  • Isabis goes to see what Seian’s roaring about.
    Jessaila: “Treasure?”
  • Malaina blinks and goes to see what Seian is talking about
    Jessaila: “Treasure!”
  • Seiankornai encirlces the treasure and begins examining it
  • Vari follows after Mala, also curious
    Isabis: “Well, well, well. Look at all the shiny bits and pieces.”
  • Jessaila evaluates if there’s enough treasure to make a treasure angle.
  • Malaina blinks in surprise at the sight
    Malaina: “Wow!! Where did all this come from?!”
  • Vari wonders if this is enough to buy him a couple of cows instead of just one
    The treasure trove consists of 1200 silver, and 6 items of a magical nature. You are free to choose the type of item it represents, unless already noted. Class Ability Bookworm I or Tomb raider 20 Feat Veteran Adventure 1 on all saves 20 +2 Damage weapon (1handed) with damage resistance 4 vs ranged attacks 23 Wounds (4) of travel speed(+3mph) 20 Accuracy +2 with trick (Ragged wound) 20 Defense +2 with NPC quality (always ready) 22
    DM: One magic item Class Ability Bookworm I or Tomb raider 20

DM: FEAT: Veteran Adventure +1 on all saves 20

Malaina: ((Cool, we each get something nice!))

Isabis: “Must be the reward for passing extra tests.”

DM: Magic weapon +2 Damage weapon (1handed) with damage resistance 4 vs ranged attacks

Seiankornai: ((the treasure rewards seem a bit confusing, can you present it in another way? Preferably with commas at least?))

DM: Magic Item: Wounds (4) of travel speed(3mph)

DM: ((Trying))

Seiankornai: ((ah, I see))

  • Thurirl examines the treasure closely, starting to think about how to invest and spend it…
    DM: Magic Item: Accuracy +2 with trick (Ragged wound) 20

DM: Magic Item: Defense +2 with NPC quality (always ready) 22

Also, next to the magic items is a cow. It has a sign on it reading: Vari’s

  • Vari looks like he is about to cry
    Malaina: “Oh Vari, they left you such a special present!!”
  • Thurirl blinks.
    Vari: “My cow!! It has my name!”

Thurirl: “…they know our names? Curious.”

Malaina: “Yes Vari, we know it has your name, calm down, no bullrushing it right now!!” does her best to hold her Drake back

Seiankornai: “It is you cow indeed.”

DM: ((you guys will have to sort out magic items among yourselves. Naturally there is one for each.))

Malaina: ((So it would be Seian, Jess, Isabis, Mala, Jamshid and Grok?))

DM: ((No, no Grok, add Thurirl

Thurirl: ((yeah, don’t give my item to the ogre! =P we’re not Communists here))

Malaina: ((Opps, thats right! Cool, I am leaning toward a magic weapon…))

DM: ((just because you don’t see him, doesn’t mean he isn’t there))

Isabis: ((Grok will find something appropriate to him early-ish in the next mission))

Thurirl: ((…I am filled with dread))

  • Vari happily cuddling his scared looking cow, ignoring the rest of the treasure
    DM: ((Good.))

DM: ((if you have any questions about the items, feel free to ask.))

Seiankornai: ((where’s the Veteran Adventurer feat from?))

DM: ((The sunchasers book))

DM: pg 125, to be exact

Seiankornai: ((shall we finish the RP portion of the session before doleing things out?))

DM: ((I was going to leave it up to you guys. If you want to divy up loot now, feel free, otherwise we can just move on))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((either works for me))

Malaina: ((I don’t mind doing it now or waiting))

Jessaila: ((We could probably move on, for now.))

Seiankornai: ((I’m leaning towards theDefense +2 and NPC quality one myself))

Thurirl: ((I’d like to move on… I’m not sure what to get for loot))

Malaina: ((I wouldn’t mind having another weapon in my collection))

Seiankornai: ((or maybe do the divying in Skype))

Malaina: ((Yea))

DM: ((up to you guys.))

DM: Anyways, moving on.

Isabis: ((let’s finish the RP, and we can show off our item-descriptions-to-be-determined later by showing off our new goods to Grok when we’re next on the trail or something))

  • Seiankornai gathers up/puts on what he chooses, and then looks up and around for the ogres
    After a proper session of oh and ahhing, you venture out into sight of the archway.
  • Vari leads his cow behind him, not hungry right now
    It is clear that this has been a battle zone. A large pit has been dug under the archway, and the two sections of the archway going into the ground have been exposed, and burned.
  • Malaina facepalms
  • Thurirl is not all that surprised. After all: ogres.
    Isabis: “Our favorite ogres have been, ah, busy.”

DM: Several large rocks are tied around the center of the archway, and more vines are tied around it, to trees that are bent over.

Malaina: “Seian, please stop them now before they kill us or destroy the temple!”

There is evidence of attempts to set the archway on fire, and more attempts to climb up or dig down around the archway.
The remains of what appears to be log rams also litter the area
Thurirl: “I think it more likely they could kill us or themselves than destroy any part of the structure. The spells seem quite powerful, with no visible sign of decay.”

Strangely though, you don’t see any of the ogres.
Isabis: “Indeed. I doubt they just gave up, though, so where do you suppose they’ve gotten to?”

  • Isabis wonders if they’ll have to make a bridge to get out of the temple now
    Seiankornai: “Very busy.”

Jessaila: “Maybe they paused for lunch.”

What you do see, besides the carnage, is a small platform on the ground, near the archway on the non temple side. On it is a crystal key.

  • Malaina blinks at the sight and tries to go over to get a better look
    Thurirl: “Fascinating. Is that meant for us?”

Isabis: “It wasn’t there before, was it? It must have appeared when the treasure did.”

Carefully passing through the hanging boulders, you discover another unique factor of this archway. The ground has been dug around, and even under, the two sides of it. It is literally supported by nothing.
Malaina: “…I don’t think we should leave the ogres alone for long periods of time like this…”

Isabis: “Sheesh. We’re really are going to have to build another bridge. At least this one’s short.”

Malaina: “At least we have the flyers to help this time.”

Malaina: “Jess, want Vari to take you and Isabis over to check out the key?”

Isabis: “An Vari can store his cow in the pit while we work.”

Seiankornai: “No, no we shouldn’t.”

Jessaila: “I wonder how much money you could make employing ogres as demolition crews?”

Jessaila: “Yes, thanks Malaina.”

Isabis: “Probably depends on how well you can focus them on demolishing only what you WANT demolished.”

Malaina: “Vari, go tie your cow up and out of the way, then please take Isabis and Jess over to that key.”

Seiankornai: “Would ogres need pay to be a demolition group?”

Isabis: “Like I said…”

  • Vari nods his head, giving Seian a suspiscious look as he goes to put his cow out of the way and then goes to take to the two females over to the key
    Cries in Woanish fill the air. From the forest canopy comes the three ogres, flung through the air, riding on more log rams. They are aimed at the archway
    Malaina: “…..well, now I can say I have seen everything.”
  • Seiankornai takes Jamshid and Thurirl…. and gaps at the sight
  • Isabis thanks Vari for the lift – and duck-and-covers
  • Jessaila stands back.
    The log rams impact on the archway, and the ogres run into the barrier surrounding the archway.
    Malaina: “Ahhh, seems they still can’t get in….two bad I guess.”

They tumble to the ground, bouncing off the hanging rocks
Grok: “Grok almost through!”

  • Thurirl is shaken, but not stirred.
    Seiankornai: “….Did they build a giant ballista?”

Isabis: “Grok… what…how…what…nevermind. How long has this key been here?”

Seiankornai: “… …You can stop now, Grok and friends, we defeated the temple.”

  • Isabis suddenly remembers that he can’t understand her anyway
    Thurirl: “It would seem they have built something capable of launching enormous logs at distant targets. Industrious fellows, if not very intelligent.”
  • Malaina goes to calm the frightened cow down
    Grok: “Was here when you went in.”

Seiankornai: “Can you make a bridge with those logs?”

  • Isabis examines the key
    Grok: “Grok need to keep up on archway. Not give it time to rest.”

Grok now goes to kick the other two ogres, who are currently in heaps on the ground

  • Jessaila also examines the key.
    Seiankornai: “Grok no, there’s nothing in there now.”

They see that the key is made of crystal.
Grok: W “But Grok need to defeat foe.” Grok indicates the archway.

There seems to be no obvious use for the key
Isabis: ((no writing or engraving?))

Grok: ((nope))

  • Isabis examines the archway for a keyhole
    Malaina: ((Can we take it with us?))

Grok: ((you find no keyhole))

  • Isabis waves the key through the archway
    At this point, the island shakes
    Jessaila: “Uh oh.”

Isabis: “Has it been doing that much while we were gone?”

Isabis goes through the barrier successfully
Seiankornai: “I have a new riddle for you Grok, the find the hidden way off this island.”

Jessaila: “Grok, you’ve made the island quake in it’s boots! We need to run away!”

  • Vari goes to retrieve Mala and his cow
    Grok: W “No shake. Maybe it finally scared.”
Vari: ((I am going to assume that Seian and Vari put the hoard of items and silver into their saddlebags?))

Grok: “Sunpools back?”

Seiankornai: “Yep, you won, Grok, now let’s get off it before it gets its death strike in.”

  • Isabis comes back out, still holding the key
    Grok: ((make a notice check))

Seiankornai: ((I’d assume so too, since they can carry the most))

Malaina: ((All of us?))

Grok: ((Yep))

Seiankornai: ((notice « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 »))

Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » Notice Vari: « 1d20+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » Notice

Isabis: « 1d20+12 = 19 + 12 = 31 » notice

Grok: ((both notice nothing besides crazy ogre))

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » Notice

Grok whispers: you notice that the sky outline is changing compared to the canyon walls, and not through normal sky movement.

  • Vari hustles himself, Mala and his still freaked out cow past the archway
    Isabis: “There’s something strange about the sky. I think we might be moving.”

Isabis: "And by “we” I mean “the whole island”

  • Seiankornai picks up Mala and Thurirl
  • Thurirl looks up and considers the sky.
  • Vari huffs, but knows he has to carry his cow
    Thurirl: “Strange. I wonder if this island itself travels?”

The sky seems to be getting slightly bigger
Malaina: “Is this island flying?!”

Seiankornai: ((bigger? It’s already the biggest thing in existance ))

Grok: ((as in, you are seeing more of it))

Isabis: ((bigger as in, the canyon walls are receeding? bigger as in closer? further away?))

Seiankornai: ((oh, the horizon is getting lower?))

Grok: ((as in, like when you are looking at it from a lower elevation, and the canyon walls block out less of the sky))

Malaina: “I suggest we probably get out of here!”

Isabis: “This would be a really great time for that flying spell, Axhar.”

Grok looks at the archway, deep in thought.

  • Thurirl looks for the way out and heads for it with all due speed.
    Malaina: ((Your being carried))

Seiankornai: “Grok, the island is collapsing, you won, let’s get out of here.” Seian calls as he flies past with Isabis and Thurirl ((said Mala before, ment to say Isabis ))

Grok: “We call it a draw then.”

  • Malaina has Jess sit on the saddle behind her and has Vari hurry
    Grok and the ogres lope in the direction of the sunpool that brought you here
  • Thurirl then asks the drake carrying him to head for the exit with all due speed. Please.
    Isabis: ((didn’t it dry up?))
  • Seiankornai is doing such
    Grok: ((it had))
Jessaila: “Running away now, running away now!”

Malaina: ((I would assume since we saved the sunpool network, it would be back?))

Seiankornai: ((hopefully it’s back ))

Malaina: “Stop panicking in my ear Jess!”

The ogres find the sunpool location, and also find an active sunpool there.
Thurirl: “A fascinating place. If it were not collapsing, I would like to stay and study its magic.”

Isabis: “Oh yes – and yet right now I want nothign more than to see mist on that water!”

The fliers now recognize that the island interior is far below the sea level, leaving the only thing keeping this place from flooding is the high canyon walls

  • Thurirl looks a bit sad at having to leave. This seems like a lovely place to stay, even for a little while.
    Which incidently, are getting shorter
    Malaina: ((If we are close to the sunpool now, Vari is going to be diving in, screaming cow behind him))
Jessaila: “I’m not panicking, I’m self-motivating!”

Malaina: “Then stop self motivating in my ear!”

Jessaila: “Okay!”
  • Seiankornai also dives for the sunpool
    The drake dives into the sunpool, carrying the bickering passengers far away. The cow follows them in
  • Isabis holds tight to Seiankornai’s back and resists the urge to panick in his ear too.
  • Thurirl holds tight, not looking too alarmed… though that’s a bit of a steep dive… oh my…
    lizards seem to be making good time getting to the sunpool, as another disappears
    Seiankornai: ((Two, the big one and the small one on his back ))

Grok shoves the other ogres in, and Jamshid too. Turning to the south, he shakes his fist, before wading in himself.
Jessaila: “CAN I PANIC IN YOUR EAR NOW, MALAINA?!?!”

  • Malaina lets out a woop of excitement as they dive into the sunpool
  • Malaina feels she is deaf now
    Adventure complete
    13272 Exp gained
  • Isabis looks around as they splash back to dry ground somewhere else…where are we?
    Grok: Reputation 11+legend score

Malania gets a +2 rep bonus for having the most up to date exp total that I found
Malaina: ((Woohoo!!))

Grok: ((and btw, all your character sheets are out of date, as you are now 8th level. Except Grok’s.))

Congratulations
Malaina: ((No worries, that will be remedied soon at least for me))

Jessaila: My character sheet was up-to-date until tonight’s level up.

Isabis: so was mine…not posted though, I admit

Jessaila: (( https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59024239/Jessaila.pdf ))

Thurirl: ((Mine was out-of-date before the level-up!))

Grok: ((No exp total on Jessaila’s, and that was what I was looking for. Malania made the DM’s job easier, so she get’s the bonus))

Malaina: ((Vari has the best prize of all…in his eyes!))

  • Seiankornai looks around to where they exited
    You emerge from a sunpool near Edrell, and now the party needs to decide what to do now.
  • Malaina has to peel Jess’s arms off her waist since she is hanging on so tightly
    Jessaila: “Sorry. Not as much flying experience…”
  • Thurirl hopes he didn’t leave holes in Seian’s hide.
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, in the swamp. Wonder where we are. You have any idea about it, Thurirl or Jess?”

Grok whispers: Torch is pretty close to being ready to be passed to you. We can have an early session tonight, or I could run a week of downtime, or whatever you want
Jessaila: “Hey. This looks like we’re close to home.”

  • Thurirl is a bit surprised as to where they are. That smell, that humidity… the feeling of life all around…
  • Malaina hops off the saddle
  • Thurirl then recognizes the city…
    Thurirl: “…………I feel I must express my dismay. This is a less than ideal location to visit.”

You whisper to Grok: go ahead.
Jessaila: “Looks familiar.”

You whisper to Grok: The messenger is looking for them on the islands in the mirror, it will take him a few days to catch up to them

  • Malaina honestly doesn’t recognize it at all
  • Jessaila shifts into something sleeveless that will take the heat and humidity better.
    Grok whispers: Opps, didn’t know. O well.
    Isabis: “What’s wrong with it, Thurirl?”
  • Thurirl begins to strip down, enjoying the heat if not the location.
    Seiankornai: “Why? Seems liek a nice enough town as any.”

Grok: W Grok need new food. Ogres eat too much." He glares at the other two ogres.

Thurirl: “It is… pardon. I must find the proper words for such a… foul perversion of civilization…”

  • Seiankornai looks at the city off in the distance, “OOooh! They seem to allow small fights in the street! This should be a fun place!”
    Malaina: “Oh dear…”

Thurirl: “I have visited it precisely once. I have never gone back. The experience taught me hard lessons about life outside my tribe.”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “We could probably make some coin selling foodstuffs here”

You whisper to Grok: No problem. It works out either way
Thurirl: “No, you could not, Jamshid.”

Thurirl: “You would find your wares missing within the hour, along with all the coin in your purse.”

Malaina: “So…what do we do, go into the city and risked being robbed?”

Jessaila: “I’ve been here before too. There are people here who will probably remember me. Um, and probably not in a good way.”

Seiankornai: “I bet you can fare a lot better here now, Thurirl.”

Isabis: “Ah, not to be a wet blanket, but if this is the city I’m beginning to think it is, I want to leave. I was hoping to learn to use my new magic trophy before it got stolen, you see.”

Malaina: “Me too, plus Vari will get upset if his cow gets taken away.”

Thurirl: “Perhaps, Seian. Yet I would not prefer to test myself just yet, if I can help it. I enjoy my facial structure the way it is currently formed.”

Jessaila: “Our last meeting involved… scissors. And some blood. And a large quantity of flamable wine.”

Isabis: “So Thurirl, Jessaila, which way is the best route from here to a civilized town withour going through that one?”

Jessaila: “Well. We could hijack a boat, perhaps.”

You whisper to Grok: How long (rounded to the nearest day) has it been since we stepped into that first wild sunpool?
Jessaila: “I know how to move in the swamps, as does Thurirl.”

Jessaila: “I presume you don’t fancy swimming in this water.”

Grok whispers: 4 days. All the time in the sunpools didn’t pass the same as the outside time.
Thurirl: “Water is water to me. So long as it is not filled with predators… or filth.”

Isabis: “I don’t fancy sharing the water with the parasites.”

You whisper to Grok: I figured that, yes.
Thurirl: “I do appreciate the irony of commandeering a boat from thieves and cut-throats. Perhaps they need a lesson in what it feels like to have one’s possessions forcibly taken…”

Jessaila: “Excellent. Let us begin by selecting a suitable swamp boat.”

Isabis: “Maybe we could build a raft to be going on with? I mean, we’ve all had practice building things lately…trees, ballistae…”

Grok spends an action die to activate a perk. A boat appears around from behind a patch of trees
Jessaila: “Rafts have too much draught. You need a good flat-bottomed, light-wood… that, actually.”

Malaina: “Huh, that’s convienent! So me and the flyers can follow from above?”

  • Thurirl feels surprised at the sudden boat appearance.
    Thurirl: “Fascinating. And convenient.”
Jessaila: “Absolutely.”
  • Thurirl surpresses the urge to be suspicious of it.
    Arrows fly out from the boat, but after a short fight, you are now in possession of your own boat. Unfortunately, most of you don’t know how to pilot such a boat.
    Isabis: ((can it be harder than learning to sail on the fly? ))

Thurirl: ((I vote we leave someone alive… mostly))

Grok is currently kicking the still alive into the water

  • Isabis frowns at the sputtering archers swimming towards the city.
  • Thurirl yells for someone to stop him so he has someone to interrogate.
    Jessaila: “This looks like my dad’s old bateau.”
  • Malaina waiting in Vari’s saddle for the others to get moving so they can follow
    Jessaila: “Hey. It IS my dad’s old bateau!”
  • Jessaila gets excited.
    Grok: ((aye aye, Captain Jessaila))

Isabis: “I hope you know how to make good speed in this thing. Some of them sounded inclined to come back with, ah, friends.”

Jessaila: “Yup! Grab that big stick they dropped.”
  • Jessaila grabs the other pole. “You push these like a gondola.”
  • Seiankornai offers a ride to Jamshid out of mercy
  • Isabis pushes with a pole
  • Thurirl nods and looks to following orders. And for some reason, seems to relish the idea of saying “Captain” again…
    Grok: Grok grabs the stick, and attempts to push them around. He shows some skill, and only almost tips the boat twice
Jessaila: “The bottom’s never too far away, but be careful not to push too hard on the mud or muck. Sometimes, the pole gets stuck in the mud.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur shudders at Jessalia’s comment, and politely declines Seian’s offer
    Thurirl: “I believe I may be able to unstick any poles by diving into the water.” He looks at the nearby city and the quality of the water. “Though I do hope my services are not required immediately…”
  • Seiankornai tries something, out in the water away from the others. He bursts into flame that spreads around him for a fair ways. “MWAHAHAHAHA!!! FIRE FIRE!!!”
  • Malaina shakes her head, not that impressed
  • Vari thinks Seian has finally lost his mind
    Isabis: “Well don’t set the trees on fire!”
Jessaila: “Probably not a problem. The trees around here are so well-watered that they don’t burn easily.”

Thurirl: “I do not believe we need to make our presence any more known to the locals, Seian…”

  • Seiankornai picked a spot in the middle of a lot of water far from trees or friends
    Seiankornai: “Are you going to pickpocket from fire?”
  • Jessaila points. “Let’s go that direction. I know the channels that way, and we’ll get to Rockmoss or Serpent’s Landing. I’ve got family in Serpent’s Landing.”
    Thurirl: “Pickpockets are not a concern. Wild bands of mercenaries, however…”

Thurirl: “Aye, Captain.”

Jessaila: “The Serpent’s Landing Militia are good people. Ardun’s older brother commands them now.”

Malaina: “Oooo, I finally get to meet your family!”

Jessaila: “Yes! We can have a good old-fashioned swampcook!”

Malaina: “Though I suggest we discuss this at another time, let’s go before anyone unfriendly shows up!”

Jessaila: “It’s been ages since I’ve gotten to eat roast snake.”

Isabis: “Do you fish for those around here or hunt them with spears or what?”

  • Jessaila is poling the bateau away from the city and into the maze of channels.
  • Thurirl hopes the recipe takes into account his own tastes. Snake can be such a tricky meat to work with sometimes…
  • Vari flying
    Jessaila: “Some of both. And other people raise them.”
  • Seiankornai flys above the boaters
    Jessaila: “Don’t worry, Thurirl. We have Saurians in our village to trade all the time. You’ll get a good dinner, too.”

Grok whispers: About how much down time would be appropriate before something happens?
Thurirl: “I look forward to the meal. And the journey to get there. I feel the desire for a quiet swim along the way…”

Jessaila: “There, that channel. It looks like it goes nowhere.”

You whisper to Grok: Well, say they spend two days getting to a town, and it’s a small town near the edge of the swamp (Jessaila’s real home town?) and then…six to eight days there
Jessaila: “But that’s the short-cut.”

You whisper to Jessaila: Shall you take us to your actual hometown, if it’s that nearby?
Jessaila whispers: I can if that’s desirable.
You whisper to Grok: Yeah, let’s go with "to days to J’s hometown, then 8 days (the rest of the local “week”) there.
You whisper to Grok: er, two days
You whisper to Grok: er, two days to Jessaila’s place, 8 days there, small city
A relatively uneventful 2 days bring you to Jessalia’s hometown. There you can celebrate, and also have a week of downtime

  • Malaina is thrilled to finally meet Jess’ family
    This location is a small city, for those who are interested
  • Thurirl has to dress up when they arrive. He’s spent quite a bit of time in the water, most of it in little clothing.
    Jessaila: ((Which location? Jess’s hometown?))

Thurirl: ((apparently so =P))

Grok: ((according to the real DM, yes)) Grok: ((or it has supplies of the equivalent))

Isabis: ((yes. less population, but some of them are trade families))

  • Seiankornai enjoys meeting Jess’s family
    Grok: Grok picks up some more provisions, and goes looking for Pech cooking

DM: ((Feel free to roleplay as we go, but I’m going to be handling the week of downtime now))

  • Jessaila introduces her parents (who for humans are getting well along in years) and her adopted sisters and brothers.
  • Malaina does her best not to look too hyper, not having had a family in years and doing her best to introduce Vari
  • Thurirl enjoys meeting Jessalia’s family, as well as some of their saurian friends, and gets some decent food. He does have to ask the others not to name him though… the traders may know his reputation.
  • Seiankornai wonders what reputation he has among the traders and why exactly it’d be a bad thing
  • Jessaila has Malaina and Isabis stay in the tiny home she owns in Serpent’s Landing.
    Grok spends most of his week attempting to tame bothersome local beasts in the area. Survival « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 »
  • Seiankornai tries helping Grok (Assist « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 »)
    The beasts are too much for Grok, however, and he spends some time recovering from the poison of the snakes
  • Thurirl tells Seian it’s just the Vessa he’s concerned about. Humans probably don’t know who he is, or care if they do.
  • Malaina does her best to spend time with Jess’ family
  • Malaina occassionally, scraching at the back of her neck
  • Isabis meets Jessaila’s family, tries the weird swamp food, investigates everyone’s new magic items, and still finds time to sell weapons (since the swamp is absolutely full of wood to work)
  • Jessaila is pleased that her family seems so enthusiastic about meeting and adopting Malaina and Vari.
    Isabis: downtime check to earn income: craft « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 »
  • Vari quite pleased with the extra scritchings and being spoiled
    Isabis: ((earning 60s I believe))

DM: ((yep))

Malaina: ((Hmmm, what would Impress be good for as a downtime check?))

  • Thurirl does his best to be sociable without revealing too much. He even uses an alias he was working on to test its worth…
    Isabis: ((you could try to earn reputation with it I would think))

DM: ((entertainment/storytelling/fancy swordmanship or shows))

Malaina: ((Ehh, dice have been hating me alot lately, I am a bit scared to roll, even if I could spend 2 AD to boost))

DM: ((Luck has to change sometime))

Malaina: ((Oh well, at least if I mess up, Jess’ family will still love her))

Isabis: ((it doesn’t cost you anything to fail, anyway))

Malaina: « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » Impress

DM: ((going for rep or silver?))

Malaina: « 2d6 = 8 » To boost

Isabis: ((that will get you 1 rep or 60 silver, depending on what you were doing))

Malaina: ((Hmmm…we got alot of silver already, I will go for rep this time around))

Malaina: ((Ahh, ok, nvm the boost then))

DM: ((without the boost, you get no rep))

Jessaila: ((According to the rule book, downtime checks can’t use action dice.))

Isabis: ((you can spend your 1/2-round-down fraction of a rep point on a cow for Vari if you want ))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur does his best at networking with local merchants … not going for profits now as much as building connections for profits later (Haggle for Reputation 29)
    Thurirl: ((oh boy… we arguing over rules again?))
  • Seiankornai finally, finally, finally has the time, and exposure, to solidify the details of the subtleties of Kamalil in his head.
    Isabis: ((1 rep for Jamshid))

DM whispers: last question for tonight, hopefully. You want me to just end the session, or do you want to take over as DM and set up a teaser?
Malaina: ((Sure! He already ate his prize a few days ago))

You whisper to Grok: I’ll take over if you’re done
Isabis: ((BRB, must GM myself))

  • Seiankornai goes off with the hunters to demonstrate his ambush predatory techniques (Foster Good will using Sneak « 1d20+15 = 16 + 15 = 31 »)
    Jessaila: ((Can I use Tactics as a downtime check to help the local militia catch some bandits?))

You have disconnected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Host has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Grok has connected.
Seiankornai: ((you can use any skill for it))

DM: Seian and Jess both get 1 rep

Jessaila: ((Oh yeah. Who’s the elfmaid! Who’s the elfmaid!))

The eighth day after you arrive, a very weary-looking traveler appears on the docks and starts asking around for you.
Grok: Anyways, my time as DM is offically over, and it’s back to being Grok. I hope you all have had fun

His response when he hears you are in town is almost ludicrously relieved.
Seiankornai: ((us specifically or Sunchasers in general?))

  • Jessaila offers tactical help to totally decimate a vicious band of bandits who’ve been bothering the local saurian traders.
    Isabis: ((You specifically))
Jessaila: ((I did, Grok. Thanks much!))

Seiankornai: ((yep))

Isabis: ((I certainly did, and I’m Very thankful you had it under control during my class! Thank you.))

  • Traveler walks up to Jessaila’s adopted sister
    Grok: ((Does this traveler dude speak Woanish?))
  • Thurirl is curious when he hears of the traveler.
    Malaina: ((Which one?))
  • Seiankornai goes out to meet the traveller
    Traveler: ((understands it reasonably well, speaks it with a terrible accent))

Grok: ((understandable. You need to eat lots to condition yourself to speak it well. Most humans and elves can’t.))

Traveler: “Excuse me miss, have you seen a group of sunchasers? They have two drakes and an ogre with them and they – oh! Would you be the honorable Seiankornai?”

Thurirl: ((not sure she’s been named; we’ll just assume he knows how to find us))

  • Traveler is distracted by the large drake
    Seiankornai: “That would be me, yes. Who may you be?”
  • Malaina blinks a bit
  • Jessaila comes over, seeing a stranger.
  • Jessaila knows everyone in town, of course.
    Traveler: “Oh, thank the stars – I’m from the Arun messengers’ guild, and I’ve been tracking you for weeks. Sunchasers are always hard to find, but you folks really pulled a doozy of an untraceable itinerary. Was it on purpose?”

Seiankornai: “Not exactly, but we saved the sunpools.”

Jessaila: “Yes. How did you track us?” Jessaila: “I want to know in case an enemy uses that method next time…”
  • Malaina curious about that as well
  • Thurirl listens from a discrete location nearby.
  • Traveler blinks “Saved the sunpools? What…later. And I asked around, of course. Sunchasers are always easy to find, you’re so /noticeable/.”
  • Traveler seems unaware of contradicting himself
  • Malaina frowns a bit at that
    Jessaila: “Ah. I see.”

Traveler: “Anyway, here’s your message.”

  • Traveler hands over a letter
  • Jessaila has superior elven vision and doesn’t actually see that.
    Traveler: “I’ll be in the Snakebox Tavern at least overnight, if you want to send a reply – but I gathered they’re hoping you’ll come in person. Anyway, good evening to you all.”
  • Traveler bows
  • Malaina nods
    Jessaila: “Thank you.”
  • Isabis tips the messenger
    Seiankornai: “What’s it say?”

Seiankornai: “Also, what’s your name?”

  • Jessaila waits for someone to open it.
  • Traveler is already walking away…actually he’s practically skipping, and singing under his breath, something like “finally, finally, finally done! Gonna get paid for a sunchaser run!”
  • Malaina opens the letter?
    Malaina: ((I am opening the letter!))

Seiankornai: ((yes))

The letter is from the Riddlemaster’s college. You are invited to visit the college or their agent in Faer Padris about a job requiring “highest discretion”. The letter specifies that this is offered to you in full knowledge that you travel with an ogre.
Jessaila: “Um.”

Jessaila: “Is that a normal phrase in a letter?”

Malaina: “Highest discretion? They do know about Grok, right?”

Reading between the lines, you (especially Isabis, with her familiarity with the institution) realize that whoever wrote this was trying to supress an urge to beg by drowning it in formal wording.
Seiankornai: “Seems we’re sought after greatly.”

Jessaila: “Okay. I’m curious, and as they say, curiousity killed the elf…”
  • Malaina hands the letter over to Isabis since she would have a better understanding
    Jessaila: “…which does put a dampener on my interest.”

Malaina: “No, they say curiousity killed the cat.”

Seiankornai: “Only stupidity, curiosity was framed.”

Thurirl: “I was under the same impression, Malaina. Although, if memory serves, satisfaction resurrected the unfortunate feline…”

Seiankornai: ((those who frequent the #qt channel on IRC will know that I got it from elsehwhere ))

Isabis: “This is very unusual. I mean, they paid someone from the messenger’s guild just to track us down and ask us to hear their pitch.”

Seiankornai: “And anyway, you’re in the wrong sort of lifestyle if you’re worried about curiousity killing the elf.”

Malaina: “Well, I don’t see why not, sounds like they really need help and that is what we do, right?”

Seiankornai: “Yep, so let’s plan on heading over there after we’re done visiting here.”

Grok: Grok, when things are explained to him, asks “So who are we supposed to beat up?”

Isabis: “I think that would be a good idea.”

Isabis: “Tell Grok they’ll tell us when we get there.”

Isabis: ((all kinds of people and things, although you’ll need to be unusually choosy I suspect ))

  • Seiankornai interprets for Grok
    Isabis: ((anyway, it’s midnight / 9pm; let’s close the RP log and finish up the magic item picking))
    Seiankornai: Class Ability Bookworm I or Tomb raider
    Feat Veteran Adventure 1 on all saves
    +2 Damage weapon (1handed) with damage resistance 4 vs ranged attacks
    Wounds (
    4) of travel speed(+3mph)
    Accuracy +2 with trick (Ragged wound)
    Defense +2 with NPC quality (always ready)
    End RP
    Log Saved

Log 56

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 55

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk