Log 58

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 57

When last we saw our heroes, you had just agreed to take on the task of finding four fragments of an ancient scroll.
The good news is, your employers more-or-less know where they are.
The bad news is, if that made them easy to acquire they wouldn’t have to hire you.
You are in your inn, plotting to get information from the Library of Kings which they do not want to share with the Riddlemasters.

  • Jessaila finds that for once she’s actually looking forward to a bit of a challenge.
  • Malaina scratchs at the back of her hand as she listens to what the plan is
  • Thurirl listens with intent, quiet for now.
  • Isabis examines the scrolls provided by your employer.
    Grok: ((um, just a suggestion, maybe we could make some investigate rolls, see if we can find out more information about the Library and what they might want, and perhaps offer a trade or something? It could at least give us leverage.))
  • Jessaila checks something out. « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » Investigate
    Jessaila: ((Investigate to do just that.))

Seiankornai: ((hmm, did the RIddlemasters offer to share… oh wait, no, they don’t have their copy anymore, the drake does))

Your employer has provided you with the results of their previous agent’s attempts; you may possibly find something useful in that file once you know what you’re looking for.
Isabis: “These scrolls here are just ‘Mage Scribe,’ they’ll let us copy the others fast if necessary. This one looks like it’s meant to recieve the copy if necessary…”

Jessaila: “I can cast that, too.”

Seiankornai: “Convient. How big is the library? Can we drakes and Grok fit in it?”

  • Isabis unrolls a scroll with four laced-together sections. It’s four documents in one! Except they’re all blank.
    Malaina: “Never really been in a library before, should be interesting.”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Investigate 7

Seiankornai: “They have lots of stone tablets in them, kinda heavy.”

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur is no help at all
    Malaina: “Libraries? Really?!”

Thurirl: “I believe I would be lost in such a place. Much as I enjoy intellectual pursuits, I have yet to find a library system that makes sense to me.”

Jessaila spends the afternoon in taverns near the Sixth Tower and learns that the Library of Kings craves historical documents the way a junkie craves a fix. They also want one of their own to become the next Raven King (hard to see how you could affect that, off hand, but you never know). A certain rare herb is currenly in vogue for use as herbal tea, and is the latest big snobbery in scholarly circles.

  • Jessaila informs the others about her discoveries.
    Jessaila: “Also, they like herbal tea.”
  • Grok attempts to go find the herb, « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » survival, assuming we have time.
    Jessaila: “It tastes pretty disgusting, and I like herbal tea.”

Seiankornai: “Hmmmm, we don’t happen to have any rare historical documents, do we? Gave them all to the Riddlemasters, right?”

Grok: ((Maybe we could lace the herb with knock out drops, give it to them, and then sneak in while they are all asleep))

Jamshid learns a junior scholar’s elaborate plan to sneak into a classroom to get extra research time on his project. Then he discovers that this particular junior is studying with the Magisters, not the Library. Dratted Padrisians, referring to everything by tower number.
Grok find some of the herb; unfortunately it is growing in the window box of a little old lady with, apparenly, no sense of self preservation; she shouts at him in melios and tries to whack him with her broom.
Seiankornai: ((Grok: I suppose that’s an idea with merit, and might not evne be alerted to it, since we’re not taking hte document, just copying it))

  • Grok looks confused at the old lady attempting to broom him.
  • Grok lopes off to tell the others of his find.
    Isabis: ((You might do better looking for it in the market, as you are in the middle of the largest city in the region There’s not a lot of anything ‘growing wild’ around here.))

Seiankornai: ((and the drakes aren’t going to fly you off a few miles to get to the wild, either ))

Seiankornai: “Also, do we know where in the Library the document is? How far from the nearest exits? Either the ground floor or the roof.”

Isabis: ((you’d need to go more than a few miles; this stuff isn’t the hottest commodity in the beverage herb market because it grows like a weed in local farms you know ))

  • Jessaila suggests that the girls make friends with someone who’s got the keys.
    Malaina: ((Should we try to roll something for it?))

Grok: ((which something?))

Isabis: “Hmm. That would be a member of the guardians of the Sixth Tower, or possibly an Archivist…”

Grok: ((We could try to find a historical document for them, fake one, or look for one in the market. That, or try the female strategy))

Jessaila: “The easiest way in would presumably be to compromise one of the guardians.”

Malaina: ((Should we roll Impress to see who gets thrown at one of the guards?))

Jessaila: “Even if we don’t compromise them, we might be able to get in with their help.”

Takeru: ((Try to convince them that a rare and unique type of knotted string deserves to be in their library))

Seiankornai: ((have Grok and Jamshid cause a public distraction, maybe with the appearance of Grok being enough, inside the library, while the girls try to get close and cause a more localized distraction, letting Thurirl get in and do the magic copying, while the drakes are ready for a rooftop extraction, if needed))

Jessaila: “Well, we could go back and raid Logair’s hidden stash of relics, and barter them off to the College.”

Grok: ((If we had the skill, we could try to present a document that might be real, and then when they take it to check out, maybe find a way to go in with them. Other option might be the Trojan horse method, giving them something impressive to display with someone inside))

Grok: ((by spending 2 rep, we could get a minor distraction going, -2 to notice checks and such))

Isabis: ((OK, you have ideas; what are you trying next?))

  • Jessaila looks for a suitable guard or archivist who might be used.
  • Jessaila checks something out. « 1d20+9 = 4 + 9 = 13 » Investigate
    Jessaila fails to get the guard schedule, though she does get a date with the front-gate duty guard.
    Grok: ((I, not Grok, like the idea of checking the market to see if there is something historical or could be historical, and see about arranging a trade of that for copying what they have.))

Grok: ((long shot, but if it works it could solve the problem))

  • Jessaila returns to report her sorta-success.
    Grok: ((But Grok isn’t one to go shopping, so if someone else wants to take it on, that would be great.))

The front gate turns out not to be a highly sensitive position at this particular tower, as the public are generally allowed inside. He does not have archive keys.

  • Jessaila is somewhat disappointed, but still intends to try to pump her date for information.
    Grok: ((Anyone up for checking out the market?))

Seiankornai: ((Jamshid should, having the best haggle))

Jessaila: “But seriously – this guard’s named Pippin. Who in the world names their kid Pippin?”
  • Malaina shrugs
    Thurirl: “I have heard it is popular shorthand for the name ‘Peregin’. I have yet to discover why.”

Grok: ((Jamshid, can you make a haggle roll?))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Haggle 25

Jessaila: “Actually, it’s from Kamil; it means ‘Awe Inspiring.’”

Jessaila: “This guy wasn’t very awe-inspiring, though he did show me some large arm muscles.”

Several people are willing to sell you items they claim to be ‘ancient elven scrolls’ but Jessaila and Isabis disprove their claims each time.
Seiankornai: “Which I bet aren’t even as strong as a single claw of mine or Vari’s.”

Jessaila: “Not even.”

Isabis: “Idiot. There’s a Vineville maker’s mark right on the handle – that’s a human craft house.”

Jessaila: “And the grammar is apocalyptically wrong.”

For the record, the Riddlemasters would like to be able to make up with the Library of Kings someday, and will be allowing their rivals to take any repair costs you cause out of your pay.

  • Seiankornai looks over their shoulders, “So, look for the herbal tea? Large quanitities of it?”
    Grok: ((anyone else have a plan C?))

Jessaila: “Well, I can pick the locks, if we can get to the doors unobserved.”

Grok: ((Ok, crazy idea, but perhaps someone could just ask nicely?))

Seiankornai: ((they did))

Malaina: ((Want me to try to roll Impress, see if I can have them keep their eyes on me?))

Isabis: “We could try asking nicely again, with logical arguments regarding non-loss of their copy and benefits to the human race?”

Thurirl: “I am not enthused with the idea of breaking and entering. Although I may not have much use for a library, I would prefer to have the option available should my circumstances prove a need for one as grand as this.”

Takeru: ((ask nicely-er))

Grok: ((What Isabis said))

Seiankornai: ((Mala: yes, but not yet, when we’re all in position to do something))

Malaina: ((…thanks TGU, for letting me feel I can help))

Seiankornai: ((you can help, I want you to distract the guys closest))

You whisper to Malaina: You can try impressing the scholar during the diplomacy part too
Thurirl: ((Tak, are you here to observe only or make snide comments?))

Thurirl: ((whoops))

Thurirl: ((nevermind))

Jessaila: “So which plan are we going to try?”

Grok: ((With the disguise spell, that gives us options if we can find someone important enough to copy))

Seiankornai: ((Mala, Jess, and Isabis have the best chance of getting closest to the archievist and getting their attention; and sure, you cna try pure diplomacy first, on reconsideration, nothing stops a second attempt after that))

Jessaila: “We ought to decide on one soon, otherwise I’m going to have to stand up my doldrum guard date.”

Grok: ((I’d say first ask nicely, with mentioning the benefits of allowing us to copy))

You whisper to Malaina: You might try that tactic with the Sage’s secretary, to convince him to schedule you an appointment, too.
Grok: ((Perhaps bring a gift of tea to help things along.))

Seiankornai: ((which the three girls should do themselves, I think))

Seiankornai: ((and Mala gets to be the one to do the fancy talking, Isabis can have the scholarly specialty, and Jess the fancy magics))

Jessaila: ((It appears Mala should lead that group, since Isabis has +6 and Jessaila has just +2.))

Malaina: ((Lemme know when I can roll, cause I will be boosting the die if I have too))

Malaina: « 1d20+14 = 13 + 14 = 27 » Impress Malaina: !2d6: Boosting Malaina: ((Opps, sorry, habit)) Malaina: « 2d6 = 2 » Boosting
  • Malaina looks at Isabis and Jess as they seem to be….staring at her, “Why are you two looking at me like that?”
    To get actual permission to go in, you need to impress the secretary of Sage Toman, get an appointment with him, and convince him to rescind his “remove on sight” order for agents of the Riddlemasters.
    Malaina convinces the secretary that you are people of consequence, and she schedules you for day after tomorrow.
  • Malaina after getting a crash course in flirting 101, she somehow gets the secretary to not only listen to her but to get the appointment
  • Jessaila slips out to make her date with the guard, just to make sure he isn’t stood up, the poor sap.
    Grok: ((So if it is day after tomorrow, does grok have time to go searching wilderness wise for the herb?))
  • GuardBoy has a good time, doesn’t get too fresh, and bores Jessaila most of the night with stories about weird things that have happened in the library since he signed on. She learns that if you want to distract /everyone/ in the library, looking like someone who will damage books by accident is the most efficient method.
  • Jessaila is bored as the guard talks about his “exciting” life saving the world from those evil tourists.
    Takeru: ((so basically the way to distract EVERYONE is ‘be Grok’?))
  • Isabis gets a bath, has her best scholar’s cloak professionally cleaned and pressed, and so forth. She’s not that diplomatic, but she’d rather be helping than otherwise.
    Grok: ((Takeru, it seems like you know Grok too well))
  • Jessaila doesn’t try to break the poor guard’s heart, but she is an elf who seems to be attracted to the poor guy… and doesn’t offer to see him again. Alas, poor Pippin, you’re dumped.
    You present yourselves to the Sage’s office at the appointed hour, Malaina reluctantly in the lead.
  • Malaina does her best not cringe at having been gussied up
  • Jessaila made an effort, but she’s clearly the weakest link in the way of positive appearance…
    The secretary passes you in, and introduces you to Sage Toman
  • Thurirl keeps to his subtle ways, staying close to Seian in case he needs to infiltrate the library. A good test of his skills.
    Toman: “Good afternoon, Miss. Malaina, Miss. Grey, Miss Estolin.”

Toman: “I hear the Riddlemasters have hired you to threaten us with drake fire or ogre attacks or some such foolishness.”

  • Jessaila whispers “Oh dear.”
    Seiankornai: ((hardly to the first, possibly to the second))
  • Isabis chokes
  • Malaina keeps a calm face, “Using fire or ogre attacks wouldn’t do any of us any good, especially if it’s damaging the library. The we would all lose out if all the knowledge is lost.”
    Toman: “Hmm. Well, it’s good to hear that you’re at least as sensible as an actual Matha scholar.”
  • Isabis mutters “I /am/ an actual Matha scholar…”
  • Toman raises an eyebrow at Isabis
    Toman: “So? I’ve already told the Riddlemaster that the Library of Kings will not be giving away artifacts.”

Malaina: “We honestly don’t want to take it. I am sure you know about the Crone and how in a few years, she will be making an attempt to come back into the world to make it the way she had it before. We aren’t looking to steal, we are Sunchasers, it is our duty to make sure any advantage that the Crone and her underlings have we don’t give them. If we can just copy the artifact, you can happily keep it and you won’t be bothered for it again.”

Toman: “And why should we allow the Riddlemasters to collect the fragments that our ancestors went to so much trouble to separate, eh? It’s not as though we weren’t working on the Crone problem ourselves you know!”

Malaina: ((If I can, I will be using Charming to improve his disposition))

Toman: ((go ahead))

Malaina: “And why is it so horrible that we all try to work together to keep our world safe?”

Toman: ((you can make one disposition roll any time you say something substantive; I will be awarding invisible bonuses based on how convincing your arguments seem))

  • Malaina looks innocently confused by his sudden outrage
    Toman: “Ah, but they aren’t working /with/ us, they’re trying to overtake us as the premier institution for archaic writings! Well they may think they’re better, but they’re wrong – the Library of Kings will always be the superior school.”
  • Jessaila thinks to herself “The superiorly arrogant school.”
    Toman: ((it’s the usual scholastic politics, really Not just to learn, but to publish first! ))

Seiankornai: ((hmmm, so what if we try to convince him to actually work with the Matha, not just send them a copy but both be wokring together; I’d suppose we’d have to convince the Matha to do that too))

Toman: ((you could attempt it, yes.))

Malaina: ((I guess someone else do it cause I don’t have the words))

Malaina: “Sage Toman, If we get the other three pieces, will you share your piece with us? We sit down in the middle, Riddlemasters College on one side, Library of Kings on the other, and we both get the same information.”

Toman: “Why should that make a di…wait…you’ll give US the other pieces? Er, also? Wait,wait, even the Matha fragment?”

  • Malaina nods her head
    Toman: “Ooh….”
  • Toman looks like he is thinking fast…
    Malaina: “I’m not a scholar Sage Toman, I just want to keep this world safe, and if that means your library gains the artifacts, then…well, so be it.”

Thurirl: ((Impress roll?))

Malaina: « 1d20+14 = 20 + 14 = 34 » Impress

Seiankornai: ((woohoo!!!!!!))

Malaina: ((Yea, I don’t think I need to boost))

Jessaila: ((NICE!!))

Seiankornai: ((activate the crit? what would she get for the crit?))

Grok: ((Can copy the fragment now, if crit activated))

Toman: ((Yeah, we can do that.))

Malaina: ((If it needs to be activated, I will use an action die since I don’t have to use 2))

Toman: ((If you then fail to keep your promise, though, there will be a rep penalty.))

  • Toman suddenly nods decisively.
    Toman: “Very well. I will allow you to copy our fragment for the Matha, in return for your word that you will produce copies of the other three fragments for us.”
  • Toman mutters something about his scholars figuring out the riddle first
  • Malaina looks to the others to make sure it is ok
  • Isabis nods
  • Jessaila nods in a Oh-yes-please way.
    Toman personally escors you to the archives, and vets you past the guards, and watches as Jessaila casts her spell and makes the copy.
  • Malaina solemnly gives Toman her word that she will deliver the copies to him herself if she has to
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 »
    Grok: ((So, pretty much 1 down, 3 to go. Which one next? And which one is closest?))

Toman: “Well, then. We will see you soon, Miss Malaina. May the Avva favor your journey.”

  • Seiankornai lounges in the inn, awaiting their return with news of failure, and gettign ready for an infiltration mission. He is going to be somewhat disapointed.
    Jessaila: ((Can we have a summary for the remaining three? I kinda forgot them…))

Grok: ((Drake, underwater, and i forget))

Jessaila: ((I know there was one drowned, one drake-hoarded, and another one somewhere.))

Toman: ((the infiltration team will have more fun with the Ahset fragment))

Jessaila: ((Ah, that’s right.))
  • Thurirl is busy inspecting his equipment for the infiltration mission.
    Malaina: ((Do I need to do anything else?))

Seiankornai: ((come back and bring hte disappointing/great news to Seian? ))

Grok: ((Planning on going north for Dawnbringer fragment))

  • Jessaila comes back to the inn to find the others.
    Jessaila: “Well, we got it.”

Grok: ((any prep we need to do?))

Malaina: “Good, I am going to go put my regular cloths on, I can’t believe you made me take my hair down!”
  • Malaina stalks to where her stuff is at
  • Jessaila explains the deal to Seian and the others.
    Toman: ((That reminds me: We will have a player unavailable next week. Does anyone else want a week off, or shall we just go with NPC-ed PCs?))
  • Thurirl is slightly amused at Malaina, but says nothing.
    Grok: ((who is it?))

Seiankornai: “Didn’t think yo-…. you got it?!?!”

Jessaila: “Yeah, totally.”

  • Seiankornai looks utterly surprised
  • Jessaila pulls it out.
    Thurirl: ((Malaina’s player will not be here next week. Family event.))
  • Toman Isabis
    Toman: “Thank you for your convindence, Seian.”

Isabis: “Thank you for your convindence, Seian.”

  • Thurirl is a little disappointed he doesn’t get to infiltrate, but he hides it well.
    Seiankornai: “But… but they sounded like they’d be such….well, best not use that term with mixed company present.” looks at Vari
  • Vari looks a bit offended
    Grok: ((if Mal is ok with it, probably just keep going next week regardless

Jessaila: ((Ah. I’d prefer to play, but if we decide to take a break, no bones here.))

You whisper to Thurirl: To be honest, I’m a little disappointed too
Vari: ((I don’t mind, if you guys do the sneaking mission, Mala and Vari can sit it out, DH can have her run an errand or something))

You whisper to Thurirl: I’m really hoping to see a good Sneak and Infiltration by Thurirl one of these missions
Seiankornai: “I don’t mean to offend you, Vari. But Mala probably wouldn’t like you to learn the term I was thinking of, it’s very impolite.”

  • Vari snorts a bit, mumbling he is old enough
  • Malaina comes back to the others after some time, pulling her hair up into its usual ponytail
    Seiankornai: “Then Mala can teach them to you.” he grins, and whispers it to Mala (it is a very naughty term, meaning a stupidly stubborn person)
  • Malaina flicks Seian’s nose for saying that, “You are much too old to be using such vulgar language! You’re supposed to be a role model to Vari!”
    Seiankornai: (of which, I would think college rivalry over saving the world is stupidly stubborn))
  • Jessaila chuckles.
    Isabis: ((I love it! Too OLD to be using such language – so true!))

Seiankornai: “Which is why I didn’t use it within his hearing.”

Malaina: “Which is why you shouldn’t be using it period! Tsk tsk, you disappoint me.”
  • Malaina shakes her head, “Sorry Vari, looks like we need to find you an upstanding drake in drake society.”
    Seiankornai: “Very well, I don’t tend to, it was just this particular case of, well, stupidly stubborness for no good reason.”
  • Seiankornai sticks his tongue out at Mala, though doesn’t deny it. He is rather mischieveous at times.
  • Malaina flicks his nose for that as well
    Seiankornai: “Anyway, now that all our preparation here is for naught, which shall we try next? The Dawnbringers perhaps?”
  • Seiankornai is duly flicked
    Jessaila: “Sounds good. It’d be a faster time floating back down the river.”
Malaina: “We won’t get attacked again, will we?”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur shudders
  • Thurirl eyes Jamshid curiously.
    Isabis: “Well, back uprivier, but it’s more efficient either way. Are we going to try and restore your boat, Jessaila?”

Takeru: ((of course you’ll be attacked. You never get on the boat. There’s going to be lizardmen or something. That’s just a given ))

Jessaila: “It’s not really repairable, I think.”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((but only once … that’s the First Law of Vaarsuvius))

Jessaila: “Might be better to try to just find another.”

Isabis: “Or try for the sunpools, of course. There’s a lot of them in the GronVer, after all.”

Seiankornai: “A better one!”

Thurirl: ((AHEM))

Thurirl: ((Lizardmen?))

Grok: ((any stable ones?))

Malaina: ((Tak, probably best just to hush for now))

Seiankornai: ((“That one.” “Aye, that one!”))

Takeru: ((dang migrating lizardmen.))

Thurirl: ((I know where you live =P))

Takeru: ((Oh hey, we’re in the Gronver too!))

Takeru: ((dealing with dawnwalkers…))

Malaina: ((Good luck!))

Takeru: ((…. trechery!))

Seiankornai: ((they’re trying to solve some murders; they’re currently unconcious and captured by…. someone))

Jessaila: ((Ooh, we could save their bacon! ))

Seiankornai: ((murders against non-violent dawnbringers))

Seiankornai: ((ie, normal dawnbringers))

Takeru: ((trachery))

Takeru: ((There’s your ‘a’))

Thurirl: ((Again, I know where you live. =P))

Seiankornai: “So Dawnbringers it is. Perhaps we can get some actual fighting in for Grok and me.”

Seiankornai: “Or some actual stealth and sneakiness, for Thurirl and me.”

  • Seiankornai is fine with either
    Thurirl: “I have not had a proper test of my skills in some time. I would welcome the opportunity.”

You a few days north via one of the most stable sunpool in the river valley; it’s so stable you discover that there is actually a standing pack-route through it, so for once, you have company wading in.
Then you travel a few days by river, then wade another sunpool.
You come up out of the swirling pool, coughing and wretching from the stench. When you entered the nearest sunpool after leaving Zoarth and Verakas’s castle (after you were sure they were doing better with each other) you expected to come up in some sunlite glade, maybe even with a sunchaser cabin nearby. Instead, you seem to have come out in a underground, pool of swamp sludge. At least there’s a torch flickering on the wall… and the wall seems to be worked masonry, with an iron rung ladder nearby. It may not be all swamp sludge.
After getting your bearings, you notice a sign posted near the torch.
Sign: “Welcome, sunchasers, to Talill and the Gron’Ver. This torch is maintained by the courtesy of the Dragon & Dragon Inn. We also offer bathing services, from plain cleanup of the swamp muck you’re in, to luxury spas. Just go up the ladder and take a left for half a block, can’t miss us. We hope to see you soon!”

  • Malaina shudders at the feeling of the swamp muck, hoping it is just that, swamp muck
    Seiankornai: ((I cry foul!! foul I say! for using the same sunpool I sent the other group through!!))
  • Thurirl decides not to investigate the swamp muck. There are some things even he does not appreciate getting covered in!
    Takeru: ((but that’s how sunpools work!))
Malaina: ((I hope you stay unconcious!))

Jessaila: “It’s… ew. I think there’s unthinkable things on me.”

  • Jessaila casts Drench on herself.
    Malaina: “Can we go now, please, to one of the spas, please, I feel like it is getting under my skin!”
  • Thurirl subtly begs Jessaila for the same treatment.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 9 + 11 = 20 »
    Isabis: “Ech. If I don’t get out of here soon, I’ll be adding my own bit.”

Seiankornai whispers: (( « 1d100 = 66 » 60% of being in the city/area at the same time?))
Jessaila: “Anyone else need some of this?”

You whisper to Seiankornai: ((so that’s a no, then?))

  • Malaina feels it will take more then that to make her feel clean again
    You whisper to Seiankornai: (We just missed them perhaps?))
    Seiankornai: “AUGH! ACKKK! PTSSBSFTST!!!”
Jessaila: ((Taking requests.))
  • Isabis hurries up the ladder before requesting her own drenching
  • Malaina hurries after Isabis
  • Grok prefer swamp muck to evil clean water
    Malaina: “Spa spa spa spa spa!”
  • Isabis spits
  • Vari follows after Mala
  • Jessaila also scrambles up the ladder.
  • Jessaila casts drench on Turirl.
  • Thurirl follows along.
  • Seiankornai spits and coughs, and is entirely disgusted, and using a very strong will not to using some strong language in front of Vari and Mala
    Jessaila: ((Er, Thurirl.))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 »
  • Thurirl finds his progress up the ladder hampered by a sudden downpour.
    Isabis: “I wouldn’t believe it, except that I find it entirely believable that the personality that designed our little sunchaser’s test would find this funny…”

Thurirl: ((Thurirl’s face: O.o ))

Jessaila: “Sorry! Bad timing.” Jessaila: “Mala? Isabis? Anyone else?”

Seiankornai: “Me! In the mouth!”

Isabis: “Please!”

Malaina: “Yes, and then spa!”
  • Seiankornai opens wide for a washing
  • Jessaila drenches Seian.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 »
  • Thurirl makes a note to “educate” Jessaila upon the proper time to “assist” others with undesireable muck on their person.
  • Seiankornai spits out the water, then scrambles up and out of the hole as quickly as he can
    Jessaila: “Huh… that fizzled.”
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 7 + 11 = 18 »
  • Jessaila drenches Seian more successfully.
    Isabis: “Let’s go visit this Dragon & Dragon place. They deserve our business for lighting our way out of that…that.”
  • Jessaila then helps Mala.
    Seiankornai: “Yes, sounds like a perfectly fine place to me!”
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 »
  • Jessaila is very, very efficient with Mala’s spell.
    Grok: ((that, or they deliberately put swamp much there to get customers to come to them to get cleaned))
  • Malaina gets drenched, though it doesn’t feel very cold to her
    Jessaila: “Anyone else? Vari? Jamshid? Grok?”
  • Vari doesn’t see what the big deal is
    Seiankornai: ((he must’ve missed the worst of it, then))
  • Grok thinks the cure is worse than the disease.
  • Jessaila drenches Grok anyway for everyone ELSE’s sake.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+11 = 9 + 11 = 20 »
  • Malaina doesn’t wait for anyone, heads for the inn anyway, wanting to get clean
  • Vari trots after Mala
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur joins those going to the inn
  • Seiankornai heads to the end too, not surprised that people are parting to make way for a drake, a smelly drake
  • Jessaila joins Mala and the others.
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » Dodge the drench

Grok gets wet, and somewhat cleaner

  • Grok glares at Jessica
  • Thurirl looks amused at the ogre’s discomfort.
  • Jessaila is totally running away already.
  • Isabis is not far behind Vari
  • Jessaila is still dripping when she enters the inn.
  • Vari gives the girls a ride since they seem urgent to get to the inn
    DracaTibelec: “Welcome, welcome – sunchasers, I presume?”
Jessaila: “Was your first clue the fact that we’re all dripping wet and stinking?”

DracaTibelec: “Heh, well it seems you’ve made a start on the bathing, which is better than most manage.”

Malaina: “You have a spa, right?! How much to use the spa?!” Jessaila: “Best spell I’ve ever learned.”

DracaTibelec: “Shall I put you all down for baths? And will you be wanting rooms as well this evening?”

Seiankornai: “Yes, baths please, at once!”

It is mid-afternoon. By the time Malaina feels clean again, it will probably be supper time

  • Thurirl cautions Malaina upon appearing too eager. He’s had experience with inscrutable innkeepers before…
  • Grok gets bored waiting, and wanders around town until supper time
  • DracaTibelec cranes his neck, counting as you come in. He does a double-take at the annoyed ogre.
  • Seiankornai looks around, and sees the inn is enen more properly sized for drakes than most they’ve been to. He is pleased
    Jessaila: “He’s annoyed at being too clean.”
  • Vari gives the inn keeper a look if he tries to scam Mala
  • DracaTibelec Watches Grok stomp by, but only says, “I see.”
    Seiankornai: “Yes, the ogre’s with us, a bit unual, we know. He’s fine, particularly if you have a good cook.”

Jessaila: “I’m more interested in your spa prices.”

  • DracaTibelec points you in the direction of the baths.
    DracaTibelec: “Hurry along there, please, before the smell seeps into the floor here. There’s a sign listing prices for all the extras down by the baths.”
Malaina: ((All I have is 20s on me right now, unless I can dig into my stake in this place))
  • Jessaila seriously considers springing for the whole nine yards.
    Seiankornai: ((major city, so yes to stake))
Malaina: ((Then let us see those prices!))

DracaTibelec: "We’ve also got the means to clean your clothes and gear. Wouldn’t do to take a nice bath only to put on slimed clothing again. "

Seiankornai: “That would be great, though I can wait till you have other’s clothing finished.” takes off his drakerobe to be put in the laundry

  • Malaina asks they clean all her gear and weapons if need be, telling them to be careful with her weapons
  • Vari has his saddle bags and armor helped off
    Sign: "Bath – 5s
    Scalp Masage and Hair Styling – 3s
    Physician – 1s per 10 min
    Laundry – 3s per outfit
    Perfumes Sample Kit – 5s
    Manicure – 3s

Malaina: ((Anything special for drakes?))

  • Jessaila has to ask what a manicure is.
  • Malaina has no clue either
    Sign: "Gear Cleaning – 5s per pack
  • Thurirl notes at least one of those is half-useless for him. Hair styling isn’t for Vessa.
    Sign: "Scale wax – 3 s
    Claw Sharpening – 3s
  • Malaina will be paying to have Vari pampered, even though he doesn’t quite know what that word means
  • Jessaila goes for the bath, massage, and laundry.
  • Seiankornai signs up for both those as well as the bath and gear cleaning
  • Thurirl pays out 13s for a bath, and get his gear and clothes cleaned up. He keeps a sharp eye on the helpers though, and his coin purse close to his person.
    Jessaila: ((Er, both gear and clothes.))
  • Malaina pays for a bath, hair cleaning, gear cleaning, laundry, scale wax and claw sharpening
  • Isabis pays for most of her gear to be cleaned, and gets the set of Prefumed soap, shampoo, and lotion. She cleans her prizer herself, however.
    Grok: ((aren’t we just going out into the swamp shortly?))
  • Isabis mutters “For all I know they’d try to sand the bowstave, and who knows what that would do to the enchantment?”
  • Malaina tells them to be extra careful with her swords
    Isabis: ((you are going to visit the dawnbringer temple next, presumably that will not require you to be dunked in swamp muck and/or sewage again.))

You whisper to Malaina: Better wash that pendant of yours too

  • Malaina cleans off her pendant once she is alone, or at least alone with Isabis and Jess, her skin looking a bit odd
    Seiankornai: ((maybe, be it feels nice to be clean first))
  • Malaina frowns at what she sees, tilting her head
    Your information from the Riddlemasters has the fragment under the care of the main Dawnbringer temple, here in the city. Yay, you came out really close.
    Jessaila: “Hey Mala, what’s with your skin there?”
  • Malaina looks up as she puts her pendant back on, looking….normal, “Hmmmm?”
    Isabis: “Is your bath too hot? You were looking kind of blotchy for a minute there.”

Jessaila: “Well, it almost looks like smooth scar tissue. Kinda… thick.”

Malaina: “Well, I have been in here for a while, I think I am clean enough now. I should go check up on Vari, make sure he isn’t causing trouble.”

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur goes for the bath, laundry, and gear cleaning services
    Isabis: ((Are you all going to stay the night here?))

Malaina: ((Well, if it takes that long to get cleaned up, till supper,w e might as well))

Grok: ((Seems like.))

  • Grok is passing by the temple on his round around the city
    You have supper and take rooms; presumably Grok will come looking for you when he gets bored or hungry enough.
  • Grok appears at supper time for food.
    You whisper to Grok: It looks boring. Everyone there is standing still or bowing; nobody’s fighting at all.
  • Seiankornai enjoys the company of their drake cohosts
  • Jessaila enjoys the little luxuries of the place.
  • Malaina asks as they eat, “So, what is the plan?”
  • Thurirl idly samples his food as he listens to the others.
    You whisper to Grok: If you approach, they talk to you in low, well modulated voices. They’re probalby good singers or chanters or whatever, but you don’t think they could make a proper battle cry.
    Seiankornai: “Main city temple, so I guess diplomacy again… grrr, was hoping for something out of the way in the middle of the swamp who might be radicals or some such.”

Jessaila: “Some surreptitious surveillance might not be untoward.”

Isabis: “Look at the bright side – the one we probably have to go swimming for is in the middle of the nice clean salty sea, not under the muck.”

Grok whispers: Grok gets bearings, and doesn’t approach. he doesn’t know what the scroll looks like.
Isabis: “Ack!”

  • Malaina blinks at Isabis
  • Isabis runs off to check with the cleaning people…
  • Malaina looks surprised
  • Isabis returns a few minutes later with her waterproof bag, looking very relieved.
    Jessaila: “Oh, yeah. The scroll.”

Isabis: "Sorry, sorry, for a moment I had this terrible fear that we might have gotten the Janno copy mucked up.

Grok: ((You seriously let someone else have the scroll?))

  • Vari comes over to the group, now done with his cleaning, his scales gleaming a beautiful blue
    Seiankornai: “That would have been bad.”

Malaina: “Awww, there’s my handsome boy!”

Isabis: “I’m SO glad I keep the important stuff in waterproof wrapping! I mean, it’d be bad enough dropping it into any old sunpool, but so much worse in that one!”

Isabis: “Oh, nice wax job Vari. You look like an amythest.”

Grok: ((Did you check to make sure it’s still there?))

Isabis: ((…wait, that’s purple isn’t it. ))

Jessaila: “You do look nice!”

Jessaila: “Sapphire.”

Vari: “…Isn’t amythest purple?”

Jessaila: “Or lapiz lazuli.”

Seiankornai: “Or a prime catch for a young drakess.”

Jessaila: “Someday a lovely girl-drake will see you and say ‘ooooh, he’s so *handsome’.”

  • Seiankornai grins
    Malaina: “And Seian, you’re looking handsome as well, so……salmon colored!”
  • Malaina isn’t sure if she should say pink
    Isabis: “Er. I think I was thinking of an aquamarine, sorry.”

Seiankornai: “Hmm, yes, they assured me it’d turn a deeper shade of red as time passes.”

  • Vari waves it off, thanking her for the compliment as he gets himself some food
    Malaina: “I am sure you will be a fierce red…one day.”
  • Thurirl smiles at Malaina’s comment, but says nothing.
  • Seiankornai sticks his tongue out at her
  • Malaina smiles at him
    Isabis: “So, off to the temple tomorrow then?”

Malaina: “Sounds like a good idea.”

Isabis: “All right, then. I’m going to get a good night’s sleep before we dive into inter-regional politics again.”

  • Isabis heads off to bed
    Seiankornai: “Right.”
  • Malaina bids everyone a good night and heads off to bed with Vari
    Thurirl: “Agreed. Restful dreams to you all.”
  • Seiankornai goes to his room, and not a barn room, a room room
  • Thurirl makes his way to a room, caring not who he shares it with.
  • Jessaila goes outside and ponders doing some late-night scouting.
  • Seiankornai shant be tempted of a midnight snack tonight
  • Malaina rooms with Vari
    Log Saved
    Game Saved

Log 59

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 58

Sunchasers DH Moochi