Log 7

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 6

Dragonhawk: Hello hello.
Seiankornai: greetings
Malaina: Hello
Grok: “1 wolf, 2 wolves, 3 wolves, many wolves, lots wolves”
Dragonhawk: hehe
Seiankornai: is that Grok’s abilities at counting?
Grok: pretty much
Jessaila: “The wolf’s neck is thick because he does his work himself.”
Thurirl has connected.
Dragonhawk: OK, so I think we’re expecting Jamshid late or not at all due to …travelling? Something.
Dragonhawk: As promised, I have end of adventure accounting for you:
Dragonhawk: goblin rescuers gain rep: 6+legend
Dragonhawk: Jessaila and Seiankornai gain rep: 0+legend (for successfully connecting up with the group during their current 10 days of fame)
Dragonhawk: all XP is declared already. Your totals should be 11325 (Jessaila, go ahead and match that.)
Seiankornai: (heh)
Malaina: so my legend which is +2, I should change to +6?
Dragonhawk: no
Dragonhawk: your reputation should recieve 8 additional points

  • Malaina tilts her head
    Dragonhawk: which is 6+2 where 2 = malaina’s legend
    Malaina: ohhh, ok
    Dragonhawk: “reputation” is social currency
    Malaina: i’m popular!
    Jessaila: ((And my legend is 1, so I’d add 1 to reputation?))
    Dragonhawk: heh
    Malaina: hehehe
    Dragonhawk: yes, Jessaila
    Jessaila: ((Okay, done.))
    Dragonhawk: Bandit gains 1 additional reputation above that for his quest log entry.
    Malaina: Lucky!
    Thurirl: ?
    Dragonhawk: (Because I gave 1 to Grok for his, and totally forgot at the time that Thurirl had posted too)
    Thurirl: s’okay
    Malaina: how do we earn renown?
    Dragonhawk: you buy renown with reputation points
    Malaina: i only have 12
    Dragonhawk: they can also buy favors, things like that.
    Dragonhawk: you don’t have enough for more renown right now then
    Malaina: okie dokie!
    Dragonhawk: next adventure, mayhap.
    Grok: ((do we have to wait for downtime to use renown to get things?)
    Dragonhawk: You sold: 6 axes, 5 battleaxes, 6 clothing, 1 staff, 1 mage pouch, 90s in trade goods
    Dragonhawk: additional silver for those present at the drake rescue is 76 each; Isabis sends Ixenalti and Trekizinivehafora 1 silver coin each by way of evening up the shares.
    Seiankornai: (use rep to get things, and no, I don’t believe so; if there’s an opportunity to buy something with reputation you don’t have to wait till downtime)
    Seiankornai: (you do have to wait for downtime to craft magic items though)
    Malaina: so, for coin on hand, we have 76s?
    Malaina: thats not including the pay we got for guard duty?
    Seiankornai: (the silver for guard duty should be in addition to that)
    Malaina: cause I never changed mine cause you weren’t sure
    Dragonhawk: your coin in hand should include money looted from the goblins, your guard pay, the 76s I just mentioned, and whatever you earned for panache income in one downtime (before the game started)
    Malaina: I know we each, except Jashmid, got 150s
    Seiankornai: yeah
    Dragonhawk: that was the guard pay
    Malaina: well, right now for coin in hand I have 48s and that is pending
    Thurirl: First time an RPG has required me to do accounting… .;;
    Seiankornai: hehehe
    Malaina: I haven’t added anythign else
    Dragonhawk: you just have to add the numbers up as they’re reported to you, Bandit
    Malaina: how much did the mama drake give us each again?
    Dragonhawk: 25
    Malaina: so 25s from mama drake, 150s for guard duty and 76s?
    Seiankornai: ((that’s cause I just punted with 3.5 game and gave you guys wealth by level ))
    Dragonhawk: please keep track of this from now on, it won’t be possible to remember everything we get like this much longer.
    Malaina: I just want to be sure right now
    Dragonhawk: OK
    Seiankornai: that sounds about right, yes
    you have each recieved a brief reference from the foreman of the House Savinar mine you worked for saying that you did a good job and he “would hire again for similar duties.”
    Seiankornai: ((hmm, any volunteers for someone dedicated to keeping track of treasure/rewards and putting them up on Obsidian Portal?))
    Malaina: ((Sure!))
    Grok: ((only if I can use Grok’s counting methods))
    Seiankornai: ((heh, k, I recommend making a new wiki page and putting it all there))
  • Malaina gives a thumbs up
    Dragonhawk: you have all had the opportunity to go into town. You may have purchased anything up to complexity 5, reducing your cash in hand by the cost of the purchase.
    Dragonhawk: please note that complexity 5 is good for, oh, rocks, clubs, the simplest blades…
  • Malaina didn’t buy anything
  • Vari pouts cause he didn’t get to purchase a cow
    Dragonhawk: you have 18 lb of small goblin-made partial leather armor, worth 90s if you can find someone who will pay full price for it (this would be a haggle challenge in a major city or trade center).
    Dragonhawk: Are you stashing the goblin armor, carrying it, or scavengin it for raw materials?
    Malaina: ((I say we stash it and pick it back up when we are done in the ruins))
  • Grok grabs the load and places it on his massive back
    Seiankornai: ((sounds goods; on to the wolves?))
    Dragonhawk: heh, OK
    Seiankornai: ((any furhter conversation about rewards should probably be taken to IRC; Grok, do you know how to get there?))
    Grok: ((no, Grok too stupid to know IRC))
    Seiankornai: ((how about Grok’s player?))
    Thurirl: ((Grok too stupid to know CPU either… =P))
    Malaina: ((XD))
    We now return to your regularly scheduled battle with pack hunters.
  • Wolves bark excitedly
  • Grok roars back
    Wolves: roll init
  • Vari Vari roars even louder
    Jessaila: « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » Init
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
    Grok: ((no he doesn’t.))
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 »
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 »
  • Isabis Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 »
    Malaina: ((Yes he does!))
    Wolves: init: « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 »
    Seiankornai: int « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 »
    Grok: ((does not!))
    Seiankornai: ((Grok is momentarily distracted readjusting his hat?))
    Malaina: ((You mean his fez))
    Grok: ((fez back in pack. too precious to always be wearing it.))
    Wolves: ((Grok, Thurirl, what are your dex bonuses?))
    Malaina: ((Wolves can talk?!))
    Wolves: ((They can talk OOC ))
    Malaina: ((That explains so much!))
    Thurirl: ((always askin’ for my stats, ye are… =P))
    Seiankornai: Jamshid init « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 »
    Thurirl: ((I have a 3 bonus looks like))
    Grok: ((
    4))
    Malaina
  • Malaina takes her halberd from its carrier and goes on the defense
  • Vari flies into the air, ready to rain fire if need be
    Malaina: ((Done))
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila will also take a defensive position, rapier and main gauche in hnad.
    Wolves: ((is this your chosen position?))
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((There. ))
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((I use the delay action, to delay to init 11))
    Seiankornai: ((and I’ll be runnig Jamshid till he comes on))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur falls back a bit, then also delays till init 11
    Grok has received initiative.
    Wolves: ((wait, it skipped wolves))
    Wolves: ((guess I’m not supposed to advance it for NPCs))
  • Seiankornai raises an eyeridge; those wolves move fast
    Grok: ((wolves very fast
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Packleader appears at the top of the mossy stairs to see what all the excitement is about.
  • Grok steps back 5 ft, and throws two javelins at wolf 29 and 96
    Packleader: ((now Grok))
    Grok: « 1d10+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((wait, my delayed actions))
    Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 »
    Grok: ((go ahead, I’ll finish my other throw when you are done
    Packleader: ((Right, sorry. Go ahead))
  • Seiankornai takes a step forward, then idly breaths flame across the pack of wolves
    Seiankornai: ((using the Determined Shot trick to use my Con bonus in place of my Dex bonus for the attack))
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » ranged attack for « 2d6+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » fire damage, DC 16 for half
    « 1d4 = 4 »
    Packleader: hit
    Seiankornai: ((wolf 22 and wolf 96))
    Packleader: « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » – 22 and « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » – 96
    Seiankornai: ((so 22 took 5 damage, and 96 took 10))
    wolves: 22 damage save « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » vs 12
    96 « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 » vs 15
    Grok: ((assuming I am up, 20 to hit wolf 29 for 9 damage, and ))
    The courtyard is full of the scent of burning fur.
    Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 »
    Grok: « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Grok: that for wolf 96
    wolves: 29 damage save « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » vs 14,
    96 « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » vs 20
    Grok: ((done))
    Grok makes the first kill of the battle
    wolves: ((done, Grok?))
  • Seiankornai then bites at the toasty wolf (22) even more idly (using Contempt feat for free attack)
    Hits Using Practiced Blow, hits « 10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » for « 1d10+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 »
    Thurirl: ((brb; gotta get the dog inside))
    wolves: 22 damage save « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » vs 19
    Seiankornai can now evaluate the quality of wolf-meat first hand.
    Thurirl: ((back))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur delays a bit longer till after Thurirl
    wolves: ((Jamshid’s delayed half-action is current))
    wolves: ((Thurirl is next))
    wolves: ((both go ahead))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((Thurirl is now, just delayed some more))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl feels pity on the wolves, moving forward to try scaring them off with a little magic.
  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 14 + 11 = 25 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 3 »
    Thurirl: ((wolf 96, unless that’s a bad idea…))
    Seiankornai: ((should be good))
    Wolves: ((depends on your definition of bad…))
    Wolves: hits
    Wolves: 96 damage save « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » vs 21
  • Wolf 96 passes out from the cold damage
    Dragonhawk: ((lucky for 96 cold = subdual))
    Unresolved value “target”.
    Unresolved value “target”.
    Dragonhawk: ((Jamshid now))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur throws a javelin at wolf 27
    Hits « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » for « 1d8+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 »
  • Seiankornai muses over the chunk of wolf in his mouth. “Hmm, no, I don’t beleive anyone will be interested in buying this wolf meat, unless they themselves are starving.”
    Dragonhawk: 27 damage save « 1d20+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 » vs 15
  • Isabis tells wolf 1 exactly what he’s in for:
    Threaten action with intimidate check (11) opposed by Resolve for a potential « 1d6 = 5 » stress damage.
    Dragonhawk: ((and the macro doesn’t take into account my ranks, so 13 vs…))
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+0 = 8 + 0 = 8 » wolf resolve
    Wolf 1 flees in terror.
    Seiankornai: ((needs the damage save still))
    Dragonhawk: ((oops, true)) « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 » vs 12
    Wolf 1 reconsiders fleeing in terror
  • Isabis shoots at it
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 »
  • Isabis misses
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Vari flies close and roars as harshly and loudly as he can to try to intimidate the wolves into leaving
    Vari: « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 »
  • Wolf11 resolves to defend the pack « 1d20 = 10 »
  • Wolf11 howls defiantly at the drake
    Seiankornai: ((Barely))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1, Trip, Bleed
    Malaina: ((Cool, that is in my crit range, 19-20))
    Wolf11: ((yes, well, howling is good for terror AND defiance ))
    Wolf11: ((OK, do you want to spend an action die to activate?))
    Malaina: ((Yes))
  • Wolf11 is dead, dead, dead
    Wolves: ((you have 1 less action die. Any more actions?))
    Malaina: ((Nope, that is it))
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila evaluates the situation and decides that with four of the six wolves dead, there’s no reason at the moment to play defensively.
    Jessaila: ((Crud, where’d my buttons go?))
    Wolves: ((I can see them…))
    Malaina: ((I don’t have all the buttons you gave me either))
  • Jessaila strikes with her rapier. « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
    Seiankornai: ((oh, those buttons are on the tokens in the token holder; however, they’re not quite ready yet; the tokens don’t have your skills setup))
    Grok: ((buttons, buttons, who’s got the buttons
    Malaina: ((XD))
    Jessaila narrowly misses
    Jessaila: ((I have some buttons, but not all the buttons I need.))
    Jessaila: ((Uh, do I still have any actions?))
    Wolves: ((did you move or jsut 5=foot-step?))
    Jessaila: ((Nope.))
    Wolves: ((if you did nothing but attack then you have a half action left))
    Wolves: ((which you can use for another attack, in this system. For the record.))
  • Jessaila strikes with her rapier. « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 »
    Wolves: hits
    Jessaila: « 1d10+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » Damage
  • Wolf 2 saves for « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » vs 11
    Jessaila: “Shoo, wolfie.”
  • Wolf 2 is seriously considering it
  • Wolf HOWLS in fury, taking « 1d6 = 2 » stress damage for the shock of stepping out of the den into a massacre of his pack
  • Wolf HOWLS differently, and retreats into his den once more.
    Malaina: ((Which Wolf?))
    Wolf: ((21))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Thurirl: ((poor alpha =\))
    Wolf: ((bad day for him, to say the least))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur yells furiously at the wolf (1)
    Threaten Action « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » Intimidate vs Resolve, for « 1d6 = 4 » stress damage
  • Wolf 1 resolves to defend his pack? « 1d20 = 20 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur is not quite as good at it as others are
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai saunters up to the remaining wolves, takes a bite at 1 and swipe at 2
    Using Practiced Blow, hits « 10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » for « 1d10+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 »
    Using Practiced Blow, hits « 10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » for « 1d8+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 »
    Wolf: both hit
    Seiankornai: (with another use of Contempt for the second attack)
  • Wolf 1 saves for « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » vs 14
    wolf 2 saves for « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » vs 16
  • Wolf 2 retreats to, um, protect his alpha. The other joins him.
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Wolf 2 retreated at a full run
  • Grok readies an action to attack the first wolf that comes into range of his rock
    Grok: ((done))
    Wolf: ((what is his range?))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: ((60 ft))
    Wolf: ((noted))
    You whisper to Grok: By the way, there’s a tool for measuring without moving your token. It’s on the icon toolbar at the top, looks like the markings on a ruler kind of
  • Thurirl doesn’t look like he wants to pursue the wolves. They are just trying to survive out here.
    Wolf: ((are you giving up your actions this round, then?))
    Thurirl: ((I don’t see much point in attacking them… maybe an illusion to keep them occupied or scared…))
    Seiankornai: ((you can probably try that))
  • Thurirl thinks of a suitable illusion to distract and perhaps frighten the wolves into leaving them alone…
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, they’ve taken quite a bit of distance. Perhaps they have figured out that it’d be best to leave us alone.”
    Thurirl: “Perhaps… however, a suitable illusion may further convince them to let us go about our business…”
  • Thurirl creates a visual illusion of his choice, moving and animating it as he pleases.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 7 + 11 = 18 »
  • Thurirl conjures up a fearsome image of a monster which resembles a large lion with a scorpian’s tail, then sics it on the wolves.
  • Illusion mimes a roar.
    Illusion: ((place it where you will))
    Thurirl: ((hmm… think Thurirl needs to study his big cat species…))
  • Wolves try to sniff the monster « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » and « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » to disbelieve
    Wolves: ((what’s your saving throw DC?))
    Thurirl: ((ummmm…))
    Wolves: ((OK, look it up before the wolves’ turn. I’m pretty sure you convinced 28 anyway ))
    Seiankornai: ((you save DC is 15, as it says on OP))
  • Wolf2 thinks if that was what it looked like, he could smell it.
    « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 »
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Wolf2 looks around.
  • Thurirl is not so good at illusionary smells…
  • Isabis looks around too
    Isabis: “So shall we pause and search for VenDeelin’s thing?”
    Malaina: “That might be best.”
    Init Paused.
    Seiankornai: “The wolves seem distracted, good work Thurirl.”
    Isabis: “How long can you keep it up?”
  • Grok continues to keep an eye out for threatening creatures, with the intent to throw a rock at them if they appear
    Jessaila: “Yes, let’s. There’s no good in killing the creatures of the earth.”
    Thurirl: “Thank you. I will maintain the illusion for as long as I can.”
  • Thurirl agrees with Jessaila.
    Seiankornai: “Well, no good in killing the ones that don’t taste the best.”
    Isabis: “I guess I’ll go look in that tower then.”
    Seiankornai: “Though I get the feeling that the little lizard here wouldn’t want to kill these wolves even for that.”
    Thurirl: “…little?”
    Seiankornai: “I’m the big lizard, you’re the little lizard.”
  • Seiankornai grins
    Thurirl: “I see.”
  • Vari chuckles
  • Isabis searches for a music box « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 »
    Vari: “Little…”
    Thurirl: “I suppose one of us has to be the distraction so the other can slip away unnoticed…”
    Jessaila: “Let’s call him the sneaky invisible lizard. It sounds more dignified.”
    Isabis: “ACHOO!”
    Jessaila: “Are you okay, Isabis?”
    Isabis: “Who can see anything in all this dust?”
    Jessaila: “That was quite a sneeze.”
    Thurirl: “And inaccurate. I have actually been invisible at any point in my life.”
    Isabis: “I’m fine other than that.”
    Seiankornai: ((haven’t?))
    Thurirl: ((supposed to be a “never” in there… darn it))
    Isabis: ((heh))
    The wolves all retreat out of sight into their den.
    Jessaila: “Fine, Sneaky But Not Invisible Lizard, then.”
  • Grok starts lifting up rocks and looking under them for the music box
    Malaina: ((Are we all rolling?))
    Dragonhawk: ((if you want. Also, per area: Isabis has not found a music box in her tower)). Grok has not found one in the paved courtyard))
    Seiankornai: ((maybe a search check, for a possible place to hide a music box))
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » Search
    Dragonhawk: ((Malaina sees no music box in the souther half of the courtyard either))
  • Grok investigates this square stucture he is next to
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok discovers a boarded-over shaft – perhaps a dry well. It’s dark, but doesn’t seem to have side passages.
  • Seiankornai isn’t very good at searching, so he’ll sit in the middle of the court yard, keeping an eye on the wolves, and ordering everyone (except Vari) about
  • Grok smashes up boards
    Jessaila: “Don’t spread out too much! The wolves might get their courage back if we’re in smaller groups.”
    Seiankornai: Woanish “Oh, very good, Grok”
    Grok: W “maybe music box fell down hole here.”
  • Thurirl is a bit dismayed at how many wolves were killed. He doesn’t show it much though.
    Dragonhawk: ((there is no wolf in the well, just for the record The init token is in there to be out of sight. ))
  • Jessaila stays near Isabis.
    You don’t see anything in the well except broken boards.
  • Grok now looks under the remains of the column here
    Grok finds some bones a wolf thought of as treasure
    Seiankornai: “Thurirl, perhaps you cna move that illusion a bit closer to the wolves?”
    Dragonhawk: “Huh. The door of this one is caved in.”
  • Grok naws on the bone
    Grok: ((*gnaws))
    Grok finds it already dry.
  • Grok spits it out, and throws bone away
    Malaina: ((Back))
  • Grok looks for entrance to this building
    Thurirl: “I suppose I can. As a little lizard, I don’t wish to regain their attention.”
    Seiankornai: " Let us investigate the main structure."
    Grok can see the door the wolves went in through just up some mossy stairs
  • Grok proceeds up the stairs
    Grok: ((wherever they are))
    Thurirl: “Where is he going?”
    This ruin consists of four towers, a paved courtyard, and two moderately elevated platforms elevating the doors to the towers.
  • Seiankornai pears in
    Grok: ((darn those fruit))
  • Dragonhawk looks to Thurirl
  • Thurirl makes a quiet sigh of exasperation. Seems some people just don’t want to leave the wolves alone…
    Dragonhawk: ((what fruit?))
    Grok: ((pears in, rather then peers in))
    Dragonhawk: ((ah, heh.))
  • Grok attempts to intimidate the wolves he can see.
  • Isabis looks to Thurirl
  • Isabis heads for Grok, before he gets in too much trouble alone
    Jessaila: ((Wasn’t going to grammarnazi that! ))
    Grok: Grok roars mightily! « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 »
  • Jessaila follows.
    Seiankornai: (( *peers __
    Dragonhawk: ((are you threatening the wolves, or intimidating htem?))
    Grok: ((hey, I’m not playing a character who understands the concept of humor. I got to make jokes somehow.))
    Grok: ((intimidating them. I want them to run with their tails between their legs.))
  • Thurirl actually takes a moment to move, expressing his distaste by putting a hand up to his face and shaking his head.
    Seiankornai: ((intimidate technically isn’t an action; the intimidate skill can be used for Browbeat or Coerce, but I don’t think those apply here; there is also the combat action Threaten, which uses the indimidate skill to cause 1d6 stress damage))
    Grok: ((how about Coerce wolves to leave?))
    Seiankornai: ((hmm, I suppose))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK, that could work. ))
    Seiankornai: ((DM’s call))
    Grok: ((-4 to my roll due to not a shared language, though))
    Dragonhawk: ((and another -2 for circumstance modifiers.))
    Dragonhawk: wolf2 resolve « 1d20+0 = 9 + 0 = 9 » wolf 21 resolve « 1d20+1 = 14 + 1 = 15 »
    Dragonhawk: wolf23 resolve « 1d20+0 = 18 + 0 = 18 »
    Grok: ((bye bye, wolfies))
    The remainder of the pack flees, yipping, through a hole in the opposite wall
    Grok: ((you can all search safely, now))
  • Thurirl dismisses his illusion since there seems to be no more use for it now.
    Dragonhawk: ((and 1 bonus action die to Grok, usable next session, for excellent use of Ogreness ))
    Dragonhawk: *Isabis helps Jessaila search.
    Grok: ((thank you, thank you very much. I’m here all week.))
    Jessaila: ((Behold, The King… of ogres.))
    Dragonhawk: ((you can just delete the illusion if you’re not supportin git any more))
    Thurirl: “…I doubt I will be telling any descendents of mine about this.”
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 » Search
    Dragonhawk: “Ah well, the can’t all be glorious victories against unquestionable evil.”
    Seiankornai: “I don’t blame you, chasing off wolves isn’t that much of a story.”
    Dragonhawk: “They also serve who fetch and carry, eh?”
    Dragonhawk: ((…oops. Isabis says those last things))
  • Grok searches other tower, looking for more creatures
    Seiankornai: “Now then, if Grok will seach over there, and Jamshid can assist him, and Isabis and Thurirl will search the other tower, this should go faster.”
    Isabis: ((Jessaila, where are you searching?))
  • Thurirl doesn’t say anything. He just hopes he doesn’t have to do this again.
    Jessaila: ((Um. Somewhere important-looking.))
    Jessaila: ((How about this tower?))
    Jessaila discovers that an interior room of this tower has lost it’s door to collapsing masonry. Another hold the wolves’ den, and…a door?
  • Jessaila tries the door.
    Isabis: ((notice Jessaila))
  • Jessaila still, incidentally, has her fencing saber in hand.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » Notice
    Jessaila: ((Oh man. Dicehate.))
  • Seiankornai roars in Woanish, “We found a door over here, have you found anything over there?”
    Jessaila thinks there’s something dicey about the masonry around this door too.
    Isabis: ((not activating that))
    Jessaila: “Can I have some help in here? I think this may end up coming down if I try to open it.”
    Grok has found more fallen timbers
    Grok: w “Found rocks. Big rocks. Small rocks. And wood.”
  • Thurirl thinks the ogre should feel right at home then.
    Seiankornai: ((“Grok reports he’s found his ancient cousins.”))
  • Grok lifts up rocks and timbers, and looks under them
  • Seiankornai examines the door
    Isabis: “Maybe if we open it very carefully?”
    Grok: ((somebody open the door already…))
    Seiankornai agrees that he masonry looks a bit precarious, though it doesn’t seem to have come apart just yet.
  • Malaina attempts to open the door
  • Thurirl is feeling a bit mixed over the deaths of the wolves. He’s keeping to himself for a little while to sort it out.
    Dragonhawk: ((sneak check to open the door ever so carefully and pass through without disturbing the iffy bits))
    Malaina: « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 »
    Malaina triggers a shower of masonry
    Dragonhawk: ((by one >. ))
    Dragonhawk: « 2d6 = 9 » subdual damage from falling stones
    Grok: * on hearing the noise, Grok shouts ""O que está pasando alí?"
    That hurt a bit, but now you can get in. Hey, a mantle!
  • Malaina winces, but steps inside, dusting herself off
    Seiankornai: ((Mala must make a fort save vs DC 14, btw))
    Seiankornai: ((or take a grade of fatigue))
    Dragonhawk: ((right, because of subdual damage))
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » Fortitude
    Malaina: ((Sorry, wrong one))
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » Fortitude
    Seiankornai: w “Mala made a bunch of rocks fall on her.”
    Dragonhawk: ((you are not especially fatigued))
    Malaina: ((Just a bit dusty and a little sore))
    Grok: “Humana bobada.”
    Dragonhawk: ((mhmm))
    Jessaila: ((Maiaina just got stoned!))
    Thurirl: ((oh, boooo =P))
    Grok: ((I like it.))
    Dragonhawk: ((care to search the room?))
    Seiankornai: “So, any music box?”
  • Jessaila looks in.
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » Search
    Malaina has dust in her eyes, and doesn’t see much
  • Malaina rubs at her eyes
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » Search
  • Isabis helps search « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 »
  • Seiankornai tries to notice anything interesting « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 »
    Isabis: “Hey, Thurirl, you don’t happen to have a spell for making dust settle faster, do you?”
    Seiankornai’s honed drakish senses key in on a glint of precious metal at the base of the fireplace
    Jessaila: “I know I don’t, unfortunately.”
    Thurirl: “I know of no such spell. However, I will certainly learn it if one exists.”
  • Seiankornai zooms in on the glitteryness
    You find a music box.
    Seiankornai: “Aha! I think I found it.”
  • Seiankornai tries to pull it out with a claw
    Jessaila: “You know, when you did that, you reminded me of a hunting dog pointing at a bird.”
  • Malaina chuckles
    It come easily. Upon opening, it starts tinkling out a little tune.
  • Seiankornai snorts
  • Malaina goes over to get a good look at it
    Isabis: “Heh. Drakes do have a penchant for going straight to the gold.”
    Jessaila: “Logair had one just like it, it’d spot a bird and just – POINT!”
    Isabis: "Who had what now?
    Isabis: “A logger? Had a drake??”
    Seiankornai: “The reverse perhaps.”
    Seiankornai: “But I think Jessaila ment this person had a dog just like that.”
    Jessaila: “Logair was… um. Someone I knew.”
    Jessaila: “Yes, what he said.”
    Isabis: “Ah. That makes so much more sense.”
    Isabis: “Heh. Catchy tune.”
    Seiankornai: “Hmmm, why is it still playing?”
    Jessaila: “Elves made things to last.”
    Isabis: ((because it’s still open ))
    Malaina: “Well, we found it, should we get going?”
    It is late afternoon. You could get halfway back to VenVellesin if you are in a hurry, or camp here and travel tomorrow.
    Jessaila: “I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t. We’ve gotten what we came for, and we shouldn’t be ruin-raiding.”
    Seiankornai: “I would have thought it’d not be wound, if it still worked at all. And I know elves made things to last, but even so, that was a long, long time ago that their great civilization ended.”
    Jessaila: “Yes. Their Great Civilization.”
  • Malaina sighs, shakes her head and heads out of the room
  • Jessaila speaks with just a tiny bit of scorn.
    Isabis: “What? It was great, as far as we can tell, and up untill Avva smote the anvil.”
    Isabis: “Although I hope you won’t take offense if I say I’ve always wondered exactly what they did to incite that action…”
  • Thurirl is not getting in the middle of that conversation.
    Jessaila: “Are you a scholar of elven history, then?”
    Dragonhawk: “Among other things.”
    Dragonhawk: ((travelling tonight, then?))
    Jessaila: “And I shan’t take offense; it’s just that I’ve had some… personal issues with…”
    Jessaila: “…well.”
    Jessaila: “Maybe we can talk about it sometime.”
    Isabis: “…well. I grew up in a school, more or less, and I’ve made a certain study of ruins, and old Kamil, and what history can be pieced together. Not only is it fascinating, but we learn new things from what they knew when we can piece it together.”
    Seiankornai: "Some non-elves that humiliate you about it, or some elves that won’t let it go when it’s no longer profitable?
    Isabis: “So it’s always been a positive association for me.”
  • Jessaila looks at Seiankornai. “The latter.”
    Isabis: “Oh…bad run-in with the gaunt elves?”
  • Seiankornai translatesfor Grok if he seems interested
    You all start walking while you talk.
  • Grok is done playing in the rubble, and goes with the rest
    Jessaila: “You might say that. One of them…”
  • Jessaila looks down and away, and falls silent for awhile.
  • Thurirl follows along with the rest, having a hard time not looking at the wolf corpses as he passes by.
    As you start to move on, Thurirl hears a grinding sound
    Looking over his shoulder, he sees a massive pile of animated vines and stones!
    Isabis: …which you defeat in record time, restoring the time stream to unity
    …which you defeat in record time, restoring the time stream to unity
    Malaina: ((XD))
    Malaina: ((That was the fastest battle ever!))
    Thurirl: ((Let’s do the Time Warp again!))
  • Grok wonders why Seian and Jess didn’t help out in that fight
    Grok: ((lazy bums))
  • Seiankornai was in that fight!
    Malaina: ((Yea, he was pinned))
    Dragonhawk: ((everyone recieve 48 gold from the ruin haunt))
    Grok: ((opps, Jess then))
    Seiankornai: ((Jess obviously ran off to get the music box to safety))
    Malaina: ((Woo!))
    Grok: ((48s))
    Dragonhawk: ((er…yes. 48 silver.))
  • Jessaila was evidently being ElvenEmo.
  • Dragonhawk ((must kill the pathfinder habits))
    Dragonhawk: ((also, two people may roll for wolf “treasures” – two triphy rolls and 1 “loot” ))
  • Seiankornai huffs after the fight is over. “Ok, that was not easy.”
    Seiankornai: ((my first treasure roll! ))
  • Grok rolls for trophy loot
    Malaina: ((We already rolled for loot))
    Grok: ((what’s the mod?))
    Seiankornai: loot « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 »
    Dragonhawk: ((roll at 10))
    Seiankornai: ((wolf loot, not ruin-haunt loot))
    Grok: « 1d20
    10 = 10 + 10 = 20 »
  • Thurirl feels a bit more satisfied having defeated the monster. Much more preferable to killing wolves.
  • Seiankornai finds a gem! He is a happy drake (value « 1d20 * 25 = 4 * 25 = 100 » silver)
    Seiankornai unerringly sniffs out single a gem worth 100s
    Malaina: ((Good job!))
    Malaina: ((Do we all roll?))
    Grok: (one roll left.))
    Seiankornai: ((there’s two trophy rolls and the loot roll; two have been rolled so far))
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok, roll 1d20 twice, no mod))
    Grok: « 1d20 = 17 » and « 1d20 = 5 »
    Jessaila: ((Take it if you want, Mala.))
    Malaina: ((10, right?))
    Grok found a tunic under the fallen boards earlier; the wolves must have taken it off a previous ruin delver. It is worth 5s, and sized for a human or elf.
    Dragonhawk: ((yes))
    Malaina: « 1d20
    10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »
    Grok: ((good roll!))
    Malaina: ((Woohoo!))
    Dragonhawk: ((need 2 rolls of 1d20 from you also))
    Malaina: « 1d20 = 8 » « 1d20 = 19 »
    Malaina finds a pair of surprisingly fine gloves in perfect condition, worth 190s (!)
    Seiankornai: ((and for the record, I ran that fight wrong, it was far too easy for the kind of creature it was))
    Dragonhawk: ((so don’t expect the next one to go down as fast ))
  • Malaina smiles over the gloves she found
    Isabis: “Ooh, look at the pattern in the embroidery… the department of archeology will pay a mint for those!”
    Grok: ((we divide loot later, I assume
    Isabis: ((yes))
    Malaina: “Really? For gloves?”
    Isabis: “For pre-cataclysm gloves in that condition? Oh, yes.”
    Malaina: “Huh, that’s what they are. Well, you will have to show me where to sell them.”
    Isabis: “I’ve only ever once seen them fail to get excited over an artifact in good condition and that was a…ahem. Special case. Interference from other organizations.”
    Seiankornai: “Wouldn’t Jessaila like them?”
    Seiankornai: “Special case?”
  • Isabis clears her throat uncomfortably
    Isabis: “Some…people didn’t like what the scroll said.”
  • Jessaila raises an eyebrow.
  • Malaina puts the gloves away
    Isabis: “A lot. I’ve never seen a batch of priests get so worked up. I nearly got burned at the stake or something.”
    Isabis: “…well, OK, that may be exaggerating a little bit.”
  • Jessaila now has both eyebrows up in the air.
    Seiankornai: “Interesting, whose priests?”
    Isabis: “…the ones I still don’t want to burn me at the stake? Or anything?”
  • Isabis glances up at the sun.
    Isabis: “Oh, look at the sun. It’s getting lower and everything. Shouldn’t we be moving?”
    Seiankornai: “Obviously not us that give respect to the Dragon Kings. We don’t burn people at the stake.”
  • Jessaila makes a mental note to talk to Isabis privately… later.
    Isabis: “Yeees. That’s good to know.”
  • Thurirl makes a note never to be around these priests.
    Malaina: “Well, if it’s almosst night time, we should probably make camp and head out tomorrow in the morning.”
  • Isabis tries to subtly shift so she’s not so close to Seiankornai…but her bluff check is terrible, so it’s kind of obvious
    Jessaila: “We can still make it tonight if we stop dwaddling.”
    Seiankornai: “We might do well to move a little ways from the ruins. Who knows if there might be more of those things.”
    Isabis: “I doubt it, but we might make that cave we passed halfway here. Let’s try for that.”
    Jessaila: “Very well, that works for me.”
    Isabis: “At least then we won’t have wolves sniffing around, wondering if their den is available yet.”
    Jessaila: “I’ll try to cook up something nice.”
    Seiankornai: “Then let us be off, and see what kind of fare you can prepare.”
    You succeed in making the cave by dusk, though some of you find the required pace doesn’t leave overly much breath for conversation. You hunt something tastier than wolf on the way, and Jessaila makes a nice stew.
    Isabis: ((how are you disposing yourselves for the night?))
    Thurirl: ((I am going to fall asleep at the keyboard here soon))
    Isabis: ((we’re about to end. 5 min))
  • Seiankornai will be sleeping just outside the cave
  • Grok gobbles down food, then finds a nice rock to sleep on
  • Jessaila is a suspiciously good cook for an elf.
    Thurirl: ((blasted NighQuil… if I didn’t need it to keep my sinuses unblocked…))
  • Malaina will be sleeping outside with Vari, under his wing
  • Thurirl curls up in a quiet, out of the way spot inside the cave.
    Thurirl: ((he then gets mistaken for a rock and sat on =P))
    Seiankornai: ((heh))
    Isabis: *The two drakes effectively blocking the cave enterance, Isabis decides to skip watches and just go to sleep
  • Jessaila will take the first watch of the night, sitting down on a rock.
  • Jessaila yelps when it turns out to be Thurirl.
    Malaina: ((XD))
    Jessaila: “I’m sorry! I didn’t realize that was you!”
    Seiankornai: ((better than Grok sitting on him))
    Malaina: ((True))
    Seiankornai: “He seems skilled at that.”
    Isabis: ((OK, Jessaila takes first watch. who else wants to stand one?))
    « 1d3 = 2 »
  • Jessaila loves to hear the sounds of nature in the evening.
    Thurirl: “My apologies. I thought I had chosen an inconspicuous place to retire.”
    Grok: ((Grok won’t even think about it unless someone asks him to stand a watch))
    Seiankornai: ((Seian is the same way; Drakes aren’t used to setting watches))
    Jessaila: “I was looking for an inconspicuous place.”
    Malaina: ((Vari doesn’t function too well at night, and Mala keeps herself close to him))
    Thurirl: “Then perhaps next time I will confer with you before settling down for the night. To avoid future embarrassment for either of us.”
    Jessaila stays up later than the rest of you, but eventually dozes off next to the low fire
    Seiankornai: Woanish “So Grok, why is an ogre such as yourself taking on the role of a Sunchaser? Usually they’re rather opposed to them.”
    Grok: W "Grok mighty. Grok prove his power to all, show ogres they can overcome the rule of the crone.
    Dragonhawk: ((heh, OK, you all keep her awake talking for half a watch first, though ))
    Grok: W “Ogres rule themselves, not ruled by others.”
  • Thurirl has dreams of dead wolves, yet doesn’t stir all night.
    Grok whispers: can you type out the sonic assualt that the others undergo from Grok’s snores?
    Seiankornai: W “Ah, an admirable goal, though I do beleive the ogres of Avva’s Anvil are already not under the Crone’s rule, yet they are not friendly to those who live here.”
  • Jessaila somewhat ignores the conversation she doesn’t comprehend, and sits there looking thoughtful.
    You whisper to Grok: Heh, OK
    Grok: W “Some are free. Many are not. Grok change that.”
    Seiankornai: W “Hmmm, perhaps it can be done. You do seem remarkably civilized for an ogre.”
    Seiankornai: W Anyway, I am tired, and the sun has gone down, thus making me sluggish, so I bid you goodnight."
    Grok: W “Good night, big lizard.”
    Grok keeps the rest of you awake for an extra half-watch with his snoring – a logging camp in full production could hardly compare. You finally cope with a combination of prodding him over onto his side, and field-expedient ear plugs
  • Grok pats Thurirl. W good night small lizard
  • Seiankornai translates for Thurirl
    In the deep of the night, Seiankornai wakes to…
    Dragonhawk: « 1d6 = 6 » lethal damage
    Seiankornai: (( O_o ))
    …and the sound of bowstrings, and then the yelling starts!
    Grok: ((Sneak attack!))
    Seiankornai: (( cliff hanger! ))
    BanditLeader: “Get their silver!”
  • Thurirl is not sure what is worse… the ogre’s patronizing comment or the sudden ambush.
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
    Jessaila: ((I was just about to say that Jessaila apparently has a habit of sleeping with her main gauche tucked suspiciously close to hand. ))
    Grok: ((hey, I might grab a rock to throw at the bandits, and find out it’s you.))
    Malaina: ((XD))
    Seiankornai: ((ok, goodnight))

Log 8

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 7

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk