Log 73

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 72

Seiankornai: W “Grok, I am thinking that while I have this enchantment upon me which makes me the center of the world, I should fly on over to the Salt Weep and show the delights of the high skies to whatever goblins I find there… before I show them the need for wings as they plumet to the ground!”
Grok: W “Bring Grok along!”
Dragonhawk: ((I don’t want to get into the next big dungeon crawl, not least because I want next week’s travel time for designing the dungeon; thus this week will be transitional. But. Do you want to fight something while everyone still has their wild-magic effects active? Or would you rather RP the results of all that in other ways while you travel?))
Seiankornai: hmm
Grok: I’d rather not fight, surprisingly.
Seiankornai: yeah, I’m feeling the same
Dragonhawk: ((OK, Go to it then I’ll get the hazelighters to poke their noses in in a few minutes )
Seiankornai: ((what’s going on at the moment? are we still in that area, or have we started to head back?))
Dragonhawk: ((that’s a little bit up for grabs too. Here…))
Jessaila: ((I’m still getting situated.))
The hazelighters are digging in for a long watch; the captain gives you to understand that the priestly types are liable to take over a week down there.

  • Seiankornai asks for help in finding out just how far his “center of the worldness” extends, and would like people to walk quite a ways away and see if they’re still affected
    To your surprise, though, they don’t seem to be expecting you to stay. They figure you passed your test and got what you came for, so why are you hanging around here?
  • Seiankornai points out to them that if he goes, they go
    Seiankornai: “At least until we figure out a safe distance.”
  • Jessaila will help Seian experiment.
    Captain: “Yeah, I’d rather not reduce our numbers if I don’t have to either. We still don’t know how so many bloodghost zombies got over here. It could just be the wild sunpool, but it could be a bloodghost priest is infesting the area too, you know?”
    Seiankornai: “A Black Erron most likely?”
    Captain: “That’s the only kind I know of. Rumor has it there’s other kinds of bloodghost out there, but not on this side of the Anvil.”
    “This side of the Anvil” is human slang for “the known world,” the “anvil” in question being the desert.
    Seiankornai: (it’s a sensible slang, the drakes have probably adopted it )
    Captain: “Carrilon sent the carrier pigeon with a request for reinforcements, so either way we’ll be fine in a few days. It’s probably just the wild pool. I’ll tell you what, ANYTHING can come out of that pool.”
    Seiankornai: “Wild pool?”
  • Jessaila is interested in this.
    Seiankornai: “Is it some sort of sunpool which always has some ‘interesting’ thing coming out of it?”
    Captain: “Yes. Ah, I’m sure you sunchasers know better than most how some sunpools are pretty stable, and some you never know where they’ll take you, right?”
    Seiankornai: “Mmhmm…”
  • Seiankornai translates for Grok, if needed
    Captain: “Well the one nearest the whirlpool here is a whole other level of wild. We’ve gotten people here who claim to be from other worlds, people who don’t even believe in magic, animals that don’t normally hang out around water, even some things we never could identify.”
    Seiankornai: “Not believing in magic??? That’s like… not believing in the sun!”
  • Seiankornai is completely taken aback
    Captain: “I know! And how do they think they got here, I wonder? But that’s my point; they came from someplace so crazy they couldn’t even imagine reality. You know, real reality – this reality.”
    Jessaila: “If you’ve never seen the sun, and no one you knew had ever seen the sun, would you believe in the sun?”
  • Captain gives Jessaila a strange look
    Captain: “Of course I would. We wouldn’t be here in this beautiful world if the sun-priests hadn’t kept the faith all those years in the Maw.”
    Seiankornai: ((“Sun? What is this ‘Sun’ that you speak of?”))
    Isabis: “True enough, but the way I hear it, some people had forgotten what the sun was actually /like/. Couldn’t conceive of a light in the sky that was more than just a bigger, higher, lantern.”
    Isabis: “The library has some amazing poetry written just after the escape about how the sun is not a lamp.”
    Jessaila: “Exactly what I mean. If you had never seen magic performed in your life, and never been taught that it existed, why would you believe in it?”
    Seiankornai: ((show of hands, who else is thinking of the Silver Chair right now? ))
    Isabis: ((waves hand vigorously))
    Seiankornai: ((only, sort of from the opposite way))
    Jessaila: ((Me.))
    Seiankornai: ((also, Happy Birthday to Wayfarer, correct?))
    Captain: “Well, I’d never been taught that the flying noise box thing existed until it came through, and I sure believed it after I’d been flown across half the swamp in it!”
    Seiankornai: ""The what?"
    Jessaila: ((It was on Sunday, but I shall pass that along.))
    Jessaila: “Flying noise box?”
    Captain: “It was a crazy thing – like a box with all the corners rounded off, and this noisy disc connected to the top – only it wasn’t solid after it landed, I never did hear the explanation of that bit. And it flew like a drunken drake. And I’m not kidding when I said it was noisy – you couldn’t hear your own self shouting when it was still going!”
    Seiankornai: ((someone brought a helicopter through? O_o))
    Takeru: ((and here for a moment I thought ‘noisy music box’ was a TARDIS reference))
    Takeru: ((Shame))
    Captain: ((not on purpose Boy were they upset when they found out they had to exchange tech for magic! I figure they fell through from a Spycraft game ))
    Jessaila: ((Hee!))
    Jessaila: “Fascinating. Was this recent?”
    Seiankornai: ((they must be feeling lucky that their obviously crashing copter fell safely into another world instead of killing them ))
    Captain: "Nah. When I was just an initiate. The thing is still rusting in a warehouse somewhere, though. It needed some kind of – get this – “liquid gas.” The mages told them it’s a contradiction in terms and can’t be done, and they said “what good is this supposed magic anyway, then?”
    Captain: “So, you know. Crazy things happen when there’s this much wild magic. They’re lucky their noise-flyer didn’t turn into a roc and eat them. I hear they moved out to Moru’s Mirror when they couldn’t figure out how to get home.”
    Seiankornai: “Oh, we’re probably going there next. Maybe we can meet them!”
    Captain: “Maybe if they’re still there, and not blown up trying to make gasses act like liquids.”
  • Captain grins
    Captain: “Anyway. Tell me about this play you have to figure out how to leave without hauling us along by accident?”
    Seiankornai: “Blown up? Fiery gases to liquids? Maybe it’s a kind of oil.”
    Seiankornai: ((I figure drakes know all about fiery substances; they moved to the wrong place ))
    Captain: “I dunno. They tried to tell Franzinien that you could make any gas into a liquid if you sqeezed it enough or made it cold enough, and he exploded something or other pretty bad trying it out.”
    Captain: ((Heh, if they wanted to mak gassoline maybe. Since what they really wanted was someplace that used mechanisms more and magic less, they didn’t make too bad of a decision overall.))
    Seiankornai: “Anyway, weird stuff comes out of that pool. … How far away is it, again?”
    Captain: “Eh. Depends on your method of trave, but about 2 hours to hike for the average hazelighter party.”
    Seiankornai: “So maybe a half hour for me.”
    Captain: “Maybe. If you decide to visit, do us the favor of flying high enough we’re not in the trees, eh?”
    Seiankornai: “Hess, let’s start with that experimenting to see how far the effect is.”
  • Isabis gets out her notes and watches carefully.
  • Jessaila is standing out aways distant.
  • Seiankornai has people go walk away at 10ft intervals, then side steps just bit
    Everyone in the experiment moves a step to the side
  • Seiankornai has them go out further, with the currently furthest person now being the cloesst, and keeps repeating that until someone doesn’t move
    Seiankornai: ((and side step back and forth in the same spots, of course))
    About half of the time nobody moves, including Isabis, who is observing from close by rather than participating per say. The rest of the time, everyone in the experiment moves.
    Isabis: (notice checks)
    Seiankornai: Notice « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 »
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+12 = 4 + 12 = 16 » Notice
    Jessaila: “Hey Seian. The Hazelighters in the tents have only moved twice in the last ten tries.”
    Seiankornai: “Oh?”
    Isabis: “That’s interesting. What’s different about them?”
    Jessaila: “Not certain yet, myself. Is it the distance?”
    Isabis: “They’re closer than all of the last three sets.”
    Jessaila: “Does it have to do with the direction Seian is facing?”
  • Seiankornai tries facing away from everyone
    Seiankornai: move
    Isabis: “I don’t know, he’s been facing the same way the whole time…”
    Hazelighters: “Hey! Ow! Watch the TENT!!”
    Everyone moves this time.
    Seiankornai: “Is the tent open?”
    Hazelighter: “No on THAT side!”
  • Hazelighter hammers the tent pegs back in
    Hazelighter: ((not on that side I mean))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((Greetings))
    Hazelighter: ((Welcome))
    Seiankornai: ((we’re currently working out how to deal with Seiankornai’s “interesting” magical augmentations due to the wild magic waters ))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((All hail Baalzebub … Lord of the Flies))
    Jessaila: “Can Seian only move people who can see him?”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur:
    Hazelighter: ((Seiankornai is trying to do science to his wild-magic effect ))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((any sufficiently advanced magic….))
    Hazelighter: “I don’t think it’s that, I was watching the whole time.”
    Seiankornai: “EVERYONE LOOK AWAWY FROM ME!!”
  • Hazelighter complies
    Seiankornai: moves
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur complies
    Everyone moves again
    Seiankornai: “….Not that”
  • Bugs skitter out from underfoot as Jamshid is shifted towards them
    Bugs: (BRB)
  • Jessaila nearly gets tossed into the stream by accident.
  • Seiankornai was expecting people to be standing in a relatively safe place, considering he’s moving back and forth in a predictable manner
  • Jessaila scurries back to her safe space, having momentarily strayed.
    Bugs: ((Jamshid can roll notice to observe the mechanism if he wants))
    Isabis: “Strange. It can’t be purely distance-dependent, then.”
    Seiankornai: “I hope I’m not moving eeryone in the world…”
    Seiankornai: “Does anyone have a magical form of communication? Could ask those in the city if anythign is happening.”
    Isabis: “Impossible. We’d hear the screaming from the temple-under-water over there.”
    Malaina has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((Greetings, we are busy experimenting to see how far the effect on Seian reaches and how he can move around without effecting everyone else))
    Isabis: ((Malaina is presumably in a position to observe if not actively participating; if you want you can roll notice to gain a clue to the mechanism))
    Malaina: ((ok))
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » Notice
    Seiankornai: ((yay, best one yet))
    Seiankornai: ((I rolled a 1 before ))
    Malaina: ((So how do I work with my noticing?))
    Isabis: ((best by far, I whispered you. We’re all discussing what seems to be going on, so you can suggest it right out.))
  • Malaina speaks up so they hear her
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Notice 21
    Malaina: “It seems to me that Seian moves people or creatures he is paying attention to or who is doing something with him in some way.”
    Seiankornai: “Hmmmm.”
    Malaina: “So, I guess, if he isn’t giving someone his attention and he moves, they might not move with him. But it’s only a guess.”
  • Seiankornai looks up at Mala and Vari in the air and ignores everyone else, then takes a step side-ways
    Malaina: ((He has us in the air? Me and my Varis?))
    Seiankornai: ((seems the best place for you two))
    Isabis: ((I think he’s assuming you’re already flying))
    Seiankornai: ((everyone else has to worry about not stumbling))
    Isabis: ((everyone else has to worry about not stumbling /into the water/ ))
    Malaina: ((Are we on a different map?))
    Isabis: ((nah, we’re just ignoring the map for now.))
    Malaina: ((Ok, so me and my Varis are in the air))
    Isabis: ((both of them, unless you say otherwise, yes.))
    Malaina: ((That is fine))
  • Seiankornai steps while paying attention only to Mala and Vari
  • Malaina feels herself shift with him, her Vari’s panicking a bit because they aren’t moving themselves
    Vari and Vari slide a steps-worth sideways, and for a wonder nobody else does
    Seiankornai: ((oh yeah, there’s two Vari’s))
    Malaina: “So I was right, you have to either give all your attention to whoever you want to move or probably concentrate on not moving anyone.”
    Thurirl has connected.
    Isabis whispers: If you recall, you can concentrate to only move “allies” “enemies” or “Bystanders” but there isn’t an option for “nobody”
    Isabis: ((Hey, that’s everyone!))
    (( * Confett* ))
    Isabis: ((bah, spelled it wrong))
    You whisper to Dragonhawk: ah, but it cna also be a subset of those groups it would seem
    Thurirl: ((Is that Boba Fett’s long lost cousin?))
    Jessaila: ((He’s a coworker of Lando’s.))
    Isabis whispers: if you get a good concentration check yes. And most of the time, the magic “ignores” people who are not working with, watching, or working against you.
    Isabis: ((confetti to celebrate a full party. Bounty hunters optional.))
    Seiankornai: ((we can go after bounties!))
    Seiankornai: ((wanted: alive, dead, or digested?))
    Grok: ((can we disintegrate them first?))
    Thurirl: ((Kinda hard to collect with a pile of ash.))
  • Seiankornai then looks for some critter to concentrate on, spots a marshbird, and moves
    Isabis: ((yeah, after all, the pile of ash produced by an elf or a human is indistinguishable from that produced by a drake ))
  • Vari goes to land on the grassy ground, especially after having been scolded for landing in the water when he was told not to
  • Bird cocks its head and chirps as Seian accidentally moves all the hazelighters but none of the experimenters in the party.
  • Seiankornai hears the shouts, “Hmm, guess animals don’t count.”
    Bird whispers: Most animals and all insects and invertebrates are beneath the notice of the spell, though you do have a chance of moving war dogs, ridden horses, etc.
    Seiankornai: “Ohohohoh! Idea!!!”
    Malaina: “Oh no…”
  • Seiankornai closes his eyes and concentrates on that one Knight we met a logn time ago, and steps
    Seiankornai: ((forming a perfect picture of the guy in his mind))
    Nobody you can see moves…
    Seiankornai: “Anyone move here?”
    Malaina: “Not that I saw.”
    Seiankornai: “Hmmmm, I sure hope that Knight of the Crone I was concentrating was moving then!”
    Captain: “This is encouraging.”
    Thurirl: “Indeed. If you can learn to control it, Seian, we may be able to get back without any unexpected trials.”
    Thurirl: “Or at least, one less.”
    Isabis: “Back where? We don’t actually need to go to the city, do we?”
  • Seiankornai tries movign with his eyes open but still concentrating on the Knight
    Isabis: (roll your check then)
    Seiankornai: “I don’t want to risk going to the city. Going to the salt Weep however….”
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » Will
    Malaina: “Well, where do we need to go next?”
    Everyone slides again as Seian nearly stumbles into the water himself and loses concentration catching himself.
    Seiankornai: “Grrrrr”
    Malaina: “Seian, be careful!”
    Malaina: “Have you found out just how FAR you can be without moving someone?”
    Seiankornai: “Sorry, shouldn’t have talked to Isabis I guess.”
    Isabis: “Er, next to Moru’s mirror to discuss the Ahset fragment with King Ayross and clan Mitya.”
  • Thurirl is finding this a bit irksome. His “pack” doesn’t seem to like their Alpha being jerked about either.
    Seiankornai: “Oh well, I think we’ll take a break for now. GOING TO SETTLE IN MY SPOT NOW, EVERYONE!”
  • Seiankornai waits a moment, then settles down in his spot
    Malaina: “Thank you for the warning.”
    Isabis: "I have to admit, if you can get there without causing havoc on the way, your idea of visiting this gift upon the salt weep has a great deal of charm.
    Thurirl: “…I was not aware there was a deaf member in the party. Please, do inform me next time so that I may expect raised voices.”
    Seiankornai: ((well, people were probably still out a far ways))
    Seiankornai: ((we had been experimenting on distance))
    Isabis: “You know, if you could get into the air with nobody but us, then you might be able to fly us all to the islands and save us along boat ride.”
    Malaina: “Hmmm, true…but how long do these effects last? Last thing we need is to have those that can’t fly falling into the water when Seians moving powers wear off.”
    Seiankornai: “That would work. After the meal perhaps?”
    Malaina: ((I am going to assume even though we the players know the time limit, the PC’s don’t))
    Jessaila: “I have a spell that would prevent us from falling to our deaths.”
    Seiankornai: ((eek, for all they know, it might be permanent))
    Jessaila: “Er. Prevent me from falling…”
    Isabis: ((true, though the magic users might be able to figure out whether it is permanent of not))
    Seiankornai: ((let us move on to that then, just for the peace of mind of our characters ))
    Malaina: ((Good!))
    Isabis: ((OK then, spellcasting skill checks))
    Thurirl: “Time will tell if these effects are temporary or permanent. I think it best if we not assume the latter. They could last years, if the magic is strong enough. There is no sense in assuming they will last forever.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur unstops his magic decanter
    Jessaila: “I hope they don’t last too long.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Axhar, what do you think of this?”
    Thurirl: Spell Check: « 1d20+14 = 2 + 14 = 16 »
  • Seiankornai asks the captain “Any stories of similar effects as these to people who’ve come here?”
  • Malaina looks over at the squabbling Vari’s “Me either.”
    Jessaila: “I’m already really tired of having leaves instead of hair and skin.”
    Thurirl: ((I hope I hit the right button…))
    Axhar: Spellcasting 33
    Seiankornai: ((DM has phone call))
    Thurirl: ((plays the Jeopardy theme song))
    Isabis: “Well, if they’re temporary then they’ll have phrillos lines visible to mage-sight. If permanent, then deep links.”
    Malaina: “Well, what do you ‘see’?”
  • Thurirl attempts to ascertain if his condition is permanent… and if he should invest in a well-insulated den…
    Isabis: ((sorry, mother-in-law wanted to know if I had a birthday wishlist ))
    Thurirl: ((Oh, I should work on mine tonight… maybe later…))
    Isabis: ((oh, lest I should forget…))
    ((Your XP for the dawnbringer portion of this collection-quest is 11133))
    Grok: ((any rep rewards?))
    Thurirl: ((oh no… more leveling… D=))
    Seiankornai: ((I’m pretty sure everyone heard about us getting through that obstical course ))
    Isabis: ((this includes the Hazelighter subdual-fight, the kodos and zombies, and a couple of quest rewards))
    Malaina: ((Which puts at us 51719 XP, and we need 8291 XP to level))
    Isabis: ((right, no level yet))
    Malaina: ((Whoops, sorry, 8281))
    Jessaila: ((Rats. I want to level. ))
    Malaina: ((Haha, everyone wants to level!)
    Isabis: ((rep rewards…ah, yes, there should be but I forgot them. I’ll tell you next time.))
    Isabis: ((You can probably level after you get the next fragment, certainly by the time you’ve got all four.))
    Thurirl: ((oh good, no math until later))
  • Grok finds 8300 exp in a random chest in the middle of the swamp….
    Isabis: ((but there’s a dungeon crawl between now and then, muhahaha))
    Isabis: ((also: don’t tempt me to stat up XP pixies ))
    Grok: ((Go for it. It would be worth the fight.))
    Isabis: ((a swarm of 8300 would undobtedly do some damage ))
    Takeru: ((HEY! LISTEN! DIE!))
    Takeru: ((8,300 pixies screaming “watch out” in unison))
    Takeru: ((quick, get the fire breath))
    Grok: Aoe is our friend.
    Grok: ((anything interesting happen on our way to the next one location?))
    Isabis: ((so you moving on or what?))
    Isabis: ((depends on how you go, really))
    Seiankornai: ((I guess we might as well go, if we can determine ic that Seian’s curse/blessing will last long enough))
  • Thurirl looks like he has something on his mind… he keeps his distance from the Hazelighters for some reason, and keeps checking his gear to make sure it’s ready to go.
  • Malaina looks at Thurirl with concern
  • Grok charges ahead, hopefully in the right direction
  • Axhar explains that he has ascertained the relative durations of each effect (and passes that info on now) but that he can’t tell how long they will last other than it will be at least a day
    Isabis: (in short, you now each know whose effect will fail next before and after yours.)
    Thurirl: ((those of us who can remember our durations anyway… =P))
  • Thurirl doesn’t seem very talkative… though those who know him well can see that he’s a little anxious.
    Isabis: ((yeah, well, they’re in the logs ))
    Isabis: ((I’ll make a proper list before next game.))
    Seiankornai: “Ok, so it won’t cut out in mid flight, at least today. I think I can concentrate on us all and we can be on our way to the next goal quickly.”
    Malaina: “Sounds like a plan.”
  • Seiankornai attempts taking off, with the rest of the group in view and concentrating on them ((mind if we just say it works and not ahve to roll?))
    Thurirl: “Let us endeavor not to distract him then. I would not like to risk our ride losing focus.”
  • Thurirl isn’t sure if his pack will be lifted as well or not… and feels a bit conflicted over whether he wants them to come along.
    Seian takes two tries to get you off the ground, but it seems that once you’re moving with him you pretty much stay with him.
  • Malaina has one of the Vari’s fly off on his own so Seian doesn’t have to concentrate on the other flyer
  • Jessaila thinks this is a splendid way to travel, though it is slightly alarming in some ways.
    Dragonhawk: pack has a 50% chance of being affected, so on 1 they come: « 1d2 = 1 »
    You fly to the tune of howling wolves
    Seiankornai: ((yay for Thurirl, oh dear for the pack?))
    Malaina: ((That is quite a sight to see if you happen to look up))
  • Grok ’s armor says "Hey, watch where you are going, scale nose! We almost hit that tree! Where did you learn to fly, from dwarfs?
    Seiankornai: ((for the next hundred years, tales will go on among the Vessa and the Erron about the World Dragon and his People Moons?))
    Seiankornai: ((obviously that was during the first attempt ))
  • WeirdPack all get used to it eventually, although they occasionally forget not to look down and start up with the howling again
    WeirdPack: ((Grok’s armor has an attitude almost suitable to match his own!))
  • Thurirl tries to reassure them, but he finds it a bit disconcerting to be flying under someone else’s power.
    Grok: ((Hey, Grok can’t be sarcastic. he doesn’t know what that is.))
  • Jessaila relaxes, spreads out her cloak like a sort of air-sled, kicks up her feet, and takes a nap.
    Isabis: ((true enough))
  • Malaina watchs them all from afar, finding it quite funny
  • Isabis works on her notes, observing the various effects (Jamshid collects gnats and other flying bugs in a buzzin halo) and occasionally throwing a wad of paper at Grok to make his armor talk
    Seiankornai: ((what? Isabis is doing that on purpose?))
  • Jessaila thinks Grok’s armor is great entertainment.
  • Isabis thinks Grok’s armor is fascinating to study
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur agrees at attempts to engage the armour in some witty banter to pass the time
  • Thurirl is rather quiet for a while…
  • Grok ’s armor says “Scholar princess, is that your nose, or did the Crone curse you?”
    Thurirl: ((oh snap))
    Isabis: (( ))
  • Grok ‘s armor "In fact, you sure you aren’t the crone?"
    Isabis: “Heh. That one wasn’t even related to how I throw – I wonder if it’s running out of material?”
  • Grok ‘s armor "Your throwing ain’t worth commenting about, Princess."
    Seiankornai: ((hehe))
    Isabis: “Well, obviously. A bow doesn’t work on spitballs.”
  • Grok ’s armor “Your attempts are insult enough.”
    Jessaila: “This is hilarious!”
  • Seiankornai whacks a passing bird with his tail in an attempt to hit the armor square in the chest « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 »
    Grok: “What going on? Why you talk?”
    Grok takes a seagull to the midriff
    Thurirl: “I believe it is fortunate I merely acquired a pack and not an armor enchantment. Taunting is not conductive to stealth, nor the teaching of it.”
    Seiankornai: ((oh, seagull, we’re getting closer to our destination _ ))
  • Grok ’s armor “Hey, bird brain, watch where you are going! Coming through, ya cross between a rock and a seagull!”
  • Thurirl does his best to comfort those of his pack that he can reach.
    Seagull: “Skwawk?”
  • Seagull tries to shake it off and fly away, only to be snatched out of the air by a pack kodo
  • Grok ’s armor “Your mother was a twig and your father smelt of elderberries!”
    Kodo: “SSSS!”
  • Seiankornai catches others mid flight, wrings their necks, breaths a bit of fire on them to slow roast, then tosses them to whoever wants one
    Thurirl: ((…and I’ve started reading the armor’s replies in Gilbert Godfry’s voice. Help.))
  • Kodo chows down on poultry
  • Isabis waits for cooked poultry
  • Thurirl makes sure to get meat for the rest of the pack, and himself, though not all of them like it cooked.
  • Seiankornai will certainly oblige for those members who prefer it raw
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((nice))
    Two days of flying put you in sight of the dwarven coast
  • Grok ‘s armor “You call that cooking? Grok cooks better than you, and his meals have poisoned whole villages!”
    Isabis: ((anything you want to do before landing, do now, then we’ll end until two weeks from today))
    Grok: “How i make it stop? It won’t stop…”
    Jessaila: “Beat it with a stick!”
    Thurirl: “Before we enter dwarven territory, I must make a request…”
    Seiankornai: ((this should be amusing…))
    Seiankornai: “What?”
    Thurirl: “I have something I need to do. If it is not inconvenient, would you mind making a detour?”
    Seiankornai: “Um, perhaps, where to?”
  • Grok ’s armor “All your base belong to us!”
  • Thurirl gives Seian directions to a quiet spot just outside the dwarven territories. It’s not terribly easy to access from the air, but there’s a small clearing nearby.
    Isabis: ((you must be talking about a small island just offshore of the main one))
    Thurirl: ((close enough, yeah))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK, Seian lands the party on the island))
  • Thurirl looks a bit nervous, but he sighs with relief at the landing. “Please, wait here. All of you.” He makes sure his pack knows the order is for them as well, then walks away toward a secluded part of the island.
  • Malaina has her Varis land close enough to be seen, but out of range of Seians movement control
    Malaina: “Thurirl, you going to be ok?”
  • Seiankornai settles down in a comfortable spot, like usual
    Thurirl: “I will be fine. I will be only a moment.”
  • Thurirl disappears behind the landscape and foliage.
  • Malaina frowns, but has enough respect for him to let him do what he wants to do on his own and settles down, ignoring the bickering behind her
    Seiankornai: “Our mysterious lizard is being mysterious again.”
    Takeru is disconnected.
  • Dragonhawk looks at the gathering ground insects
  • Isabis looks at the gathering ground insects
    Isabis: “Hmm, we must be on an ant-hill.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Oh boy”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Have I mentioned that i really dislike ants?”
  • Thurirl comes back about fifteen minutes later (or this world’s equivilent anyway), except… what the hell is he wearing?!
    Isabis: “No, really? Why ants?”
  • Isabis looks at Thurirl
    Thurirl: “Good day to you all! How are you faring on this wonderful day?”
    Malaina: “………….”
    Isabis: “About the same as 15 minutes ago, except with more ground bugs…”
    Seiankornai: “About the same as be- what are you wearing?”
    Jessaila: “My leaves are turning brown.”
    Malaina: ((What is he wearing?))
  • Thurirl stands before you dressed out in a rather expensive and garish outfit. It’s clearly a merchant’s attempt to look like nobility, with a little more gold and jewels than is wise or necessary. And he is giving you all a warm, generous smile with a bit of mischief in his eye. He looks like another Vessa entirely.
  • Malaina frowns and looks ready to draw her weapon
    Thurirl: “Sorry to hear that, my dear Jessaila. Perhaps I could acquire some spring water for you, yes? I know of this wonderful new drink they’re selling in… bother, what was the name of that city again?”
    Isabis: “Um, Thurirl? You haven’t been drinking from Grok’s canteen have you?”
  • Thurirl chuckles and his face returns to normal… as does his body language, you note, which is suddenly still as a tree again.
    Thurirl: “My apologies for the ruse. I find the dwarves are less apt to ask questions if they think you are the kind who spends money to make money. A curious quirk of their culture.”
    Isabis: “Wow, that’s creepy.”
    Seiankornai: “Hiding in plain sight? Why does that not surprise me.”
    Thurirl: “I have expended considerable time and resources, and much patience, to cultivate a persona that they would find inoffensive and that would not raise suspicion.”
    Thurirl: “It does require, however, the careful… shall we say… selection of hideous clothing?”
    Jessaila: “…okay, the only person I’ve ever seen switch personalities like that was… um, yeah.”
    Dragonhawk: “Disguising yourself as an erron would not make you seem more unlike yourself.”
  • Thurirl smiles and nods at the compliment.
  • Isabis murmurs “Still creepy though.”
    Thurirl: “I am sorry to ask, but I must insist you all refer to me as ‘Aurix Cha’sid’ while we are among the dwarves. He is known to be outrageous and loose… and not above getting into trouble on pure… heh… coincidence.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “right”
  • Thurirl demonstrates by going back into character.
    Thurirl: “Guards! Guards! Oh, thank the gods you’re here! This poor fellow tripped and broke his leg! I think he… what? Wanted criminal? Heavens! I didn’t know that! You don’t think he’s armed, do you?”
    Seiankornai: “‘Aurix Cha’sid’ got it.”
  • Isabis snerks
    Thurirl: ((Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Vessa Bruce Wayne… try not to stare.))
    Isabis: “How ARE you going to explain showing up in the presence of a batch of sunchasers, ah, Aurix?”
    Seiankornai: ((and I hope you use the impersonation to talk with that name so we can remember it ))
  • Jessaila chuckles.
    Thurirl: ((I’ll try to remember, yes.))
    Isabis: ((and on that note…))
    Seiankornai: “We’re his hired guards, obviously.”
    Isabis: “Not when we have a letter from the Riddlemasters saying we’re working for them.”
  • Thurirl chuckles. “Perhaps. Or perhaps your little expedition required additional funding, yes?”
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 74

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 73

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk