Log 82

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 81

Moochi-Chan: hello

  • Moochi-Chan added Takeru *
    Moochi-Chan: heya Tak
    Moochi-Chan: well, the drakes and Mala have fire protection
    Moochi-Chan: what would need to be rolled to disable it? though i doubt i have it
    Moochi-Chan: armor and DR
    Moochi-Chan: yea, dont have that
    Moochi-Chan: from what i see on his sheet on OP, even though its probably not updated, he has a +11 in Presti
    the_grand_user: ah
    Moochi-Chan: since it seems he is gone, you could probably roll for him tos ee if he succeeds
    Moochi-Chan: does Isabis and Jess have Presti?
    the_grand_user: we’ll let Jess try first, she was closer
    Moochi-Chan: is that a success?
    the_grand_user: Thurirl can come up and do it better if that wasn’t :P ;)
    Moochi-Chan: but did she roll high enought o disable it?
    Moochi-Chan: if this is a scene, or if we are going into the next scene, Mala will be giving Encouragement to Isabis
    Moochi-Chan: here?
    Moochi-Chan: cant move it further
    Moochi-Chan: still black for me
    Moochi-Chan: can’t drakes like breath fire into their mouths, but block it with their teeth to make smoke?
    drgnhawk: smoke is particles of stuff burning.
    drgnhawk: What is there in a drake’s mouth that will burn?
    Moochi-Chan: should i move Vari closer?
    Moochi-Chan: 15 feet, he has 30ft
    Moochi-Chan: 20 ft
    Moochi-Chan: yep
    Moochi-Chan: like that, but not that wide?
    Moochi-Chan: yea, he moved, but he cant breath fire around him
    Moochi-Chan: yea
    Moochi-Chan: yes, but does it pierce his DR?
    the_grand_user: quick, cover it in amber! then in several thousand years later, scientists will be able to recreate the drake race if they die out for some unfortunate reason
    banditringtail: And then kill all the men and leave the women in charge? :P
    Takeru: someone put on a cape and a monocle and start counting the mosquitos
    Moochi-Chan: do i need to roll attack, or can i just roll damage since it is practically in his mouth?
    the_grand_user: probably roll to attack the others?
    Moochi-Chan: if any of them survive, Vari 1 is going to be doing a Wing Buffet
    the_grand_user: Vari 2 still has an extra action, too
    Moochi-Chan: oh, he can claw one
    Moochi-Chan: right?
    Moochi-Chan: hehehe
    Moochi-Chan: i like that Wing Buffet
    the_grand_user: mmhmm
    Moochi-Chan: shall be useful when we encounter things smaller then the humans
    Moochi-Chan: lol
    Moochi-Chan: another 5!
    the_grand_user: the slippery shamaness again has a chance!
    the_grand_user: but no, she’s caught this time
    Moochi-Chan: oooo, too bad
    Moochi-Chan: eww
    Moochi-Chan: dont the casters have a spell to take the smell away?
    Moochi-Chan: do i roll attack or just assume i killed it since it is knocked out?
    Moochi-Chan: does Seian have Wing Buffet?
    the_grand_user: he does
    Moochi-Chan: blow them all away
    Moochi-Chan: wow, max damage
    the_grand_user: Seian has bug for dessert
    Moochi-Chan: is it tasty?
    Moochi-Chan: ew
    Moochi-Chan: a snack
    Moochi-Chan: can i move Mala?
    the_grand_user: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqREvb2VTjw
    Moochi-Chan: ??
    Moochi-Chan: if i can move Mala
    Moochi-Chan: lol
    Moochi-Chan: no!
    Moochi-Chan: there
    Moochi-Chan: she is pretty much Isabis’ shadow until this effect wears off
    Moochi-Chan: maybe the two can bond?
    the_grand_user: heh
    Moochi-Chan: so is init done?
    Moochi-Chan: ahhh, ok
    the_grand_user: some of us need our fun too :P ;)
    Moochi-Chan: hehehe
    banditringtail: brb; garbage duty quick
    the_grand_user: ah, k
    the_grand_user: is your turn, and you pinged out
    banditringtail: had to restart the computer
    the_grand_user: wb
    drgnhawk: ah, wb
    drgnhawk: your turn
    drgnhawk: the sturges are attacking, but failed to attach to the wolf
    [5/2/2013 12:00:23 AM] Moochi-Chan: well, if we are in a cave system, i get fall resistance 5
    [5/2/2013 12:06:24 AM] *
    Missed group call. *
  • the_grand_user added Moochi-Chan *
    the_grand_user: hello all
    Moochi-Chan: hello
    the_grand_user: we are at the hotel, ready to rest before our early flight tomorrow :)
    the_grand_user: but DH is having connection issues
    Moochi-Chan: well, as long as you two stay safe
    the_grand_user: well, you want to come on IRC and we can have a small session?
    drgnhawk: Ok, let’s see if Skype will let me stay on more than one post at a time
    the_grand_user: there you are!
    drgnhawk: ‘evening Mooch
    Moochi-Chan: heya DH
    Moochi-Chan: and sure TGU
    the_grand_user: actually, since DH seems to be having problems, maybe we should play here
    drgnhawk: don’t bother with IRC, it won’t let me stay on 9_9
    Moochi-Chan: okie dokie
    drgnhawk: so
    drgnhawk: while we’re waiting to see if other people come (back?) on, lets talk about Malaina’s auntie
    Moochi-Chan: sure thing
    drgnhawk: I’m thinking that after the current dungeon, you’re heading south to the mountains and will be traveling through the pass she patrolls
    drgnhawk: we had that Dawnbringer who maybe-recognized Mala; do you think auntie might have heard she’s still alive from said Dawnbringer, or do you want Mala to surprise her?
    DHJ: (I have her name in my n otes at home but I didn’t synch them to the tablet)
    Brock Paine: Evening
    DHJ: good evening
    Moochi-Chan: perhaps, surprise, expectation, like she has heard of this group of Sunchasers and heard someone mention Mala’s name, but never wanted to hope it could be her niece
    DHJ: ah, like the dawnbringer wrote her: I met this sunchaser, name starting with M, looks like your younger sister, any relation?
    DHJ: and she’s thinking “not possible….maybe possible?”
    Moochi-Chan: that sounds like a good idea
    DHJ: OK
    Moochi-Chan: do you still have the song?
    DHJ: again with the notes I forgot to get on the tablet >.<
    Moochi-Chan: i’ll send it
    DHJ: send it where?
    DHJ: gmail?
    Moochi-Chan: no, you should have an im with a file waiting to be transfered
    DHJ: got it
    DHJ: still not used to the tablet interface of Skype – wastes SO much space
    Moochi-Chan: anything else?
    DHJ: just trying to decide how I want to build up to it, in case it impacts tonight
    DHJ: of course, if it’s JUST you and Brock…
    DHJ: and TGU
    Moochi-Chan: oh no worries, when it happens, Mala will be crying, along with me
    David Mitchell: David Mitchell wonders who to smack
    David Mitchell: Grok wonders who to smack
    DHJ: nevermind, there’s one :)
    David Mitchell: been here for a bit, thought you guys and gals knew
    DHJ: oh, missed it.
    DHJ: sorry
    the_grand_user: greetings
    David Mitchell: howdy
    the_grand_user: it doesn’t show up as much on these tablets
    DHJ: so is Bandit lurking too?
    Moochi-Chan: no, he isn’t on
    DHJ: OK, well.
    DHJ: we’ll get moving for a little while then
    DHJ: if anyone knows how to log this please do
    Brock Paine: I can.
    DHJ: * The third scroll fragment in your grasp, the party has exited the dungeon that was once a delve.
    DHJ: * (Timetravel being what it is, you still have to find said fragment, but we’ll take it as granted that it will have happened eventually.)
    DHJ: * You spend one night resting on the shore of the island…an rest interrupted for Jessaila by a Very Unusual Dream
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila finds this dream very unusual.
    DHJ: (you remember, the one with the heartwood Titan)
    Moochi-Chan: ((Hehehehe, chainmail bikini!))
    DHJ: (you may, however, wish to inform the rest of theparty, for example, why you wake up screaming :P )
    the_grand_user: ((the one where you ended up being swallowed whole by the heartwood titan))
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina jerks awake at the sound of the screaming, hair a bit of a mess
    Brock Paine: ((I remember.))
    the_grand_user: the_grand_user slits an eye open, his rest disturbed
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila sits up sharply in camp.
    Brock Paine: “Aaiee… oh wait.”
    Moochi-Chan: "Jess…

    the_grand_user: hello all
    Moochi-Chan: hello
    the_grand_user: we are at the hotel, ready to rest before our early flight tomorrow :)
    the_grand_user: but DH is having connection issues
    Moochi-Chan: well, as long as you two stay safe
    the_grand_user: well, you want to come on IRC and we can have a small session?
    drgnhawk: Ok, let’s see if Skype will let me stay on more than one post at a time
    the_grand_user: there you are!
    drgnhawk: ‘evening Mooch
    Moochi-Chan: heya DH
    Moochi-Chan: and sure TGU
    the_grand_user: actually, since DH seems to be having problems, maybe we should play here
    drgnhawk: don’t bother with IRC, it won’t let me stay on 9_9
    Moochi-Chan: okie dokie
    drgnhawk: so
    drgnhawk: while we’re waiting to see if other people come (back?) on, lets talk about Malaina’s auntie
    Moochi-Chan: sure thing
    drgnhawk: I’m thinking that after the current dungeon, you’re heading south to the mountains and will be traveling through the pass she patrolls
    drgnhawk: we had that Dawnbringer who maybe-recognized Mala; do you think auntie might have heard she’s still alive from said Dawnbringer, or do you want Mala to surprise her?
    DHJ: (I have her name in my n otes at home but I didn’t synch them to the tablet)
    Brock Paine: Evening
    DHJ: good evening
    Moochi-Chan: perhaps, surprise, expectation, like she has heard of this group of Sunchasers and heard someone mention Mala’s name, but never wanted to hope it could be her niece
    DHJ: ah, like the dawnbringer wrote her: I met this sunchaser, name starting with M, looks like your younger sister, any relation?
    DHJ: and she’s thinking “not possible….maybe possible?”
    Moochi-Chan: that sounds like a good idea
    DHJ: OK
    Moochi-Chan: do you still have the song?
    DHJ: again with the notes I forgot to get on the tablet >.<
    Moochi-Chan: i’ll send it
    DHJ: send it where?
    DHJ: gmail?
    Moochi-Chan: no, you should have an im with a file waiting to be transfered
    DHJ: got it
    DHJ: still not used to the tablet interface of Skype – wastes SO much space
    Moochi-Chan: anything else?
    DHJ: just trying to decide how I want to build up to it, in case it impacts tonight
    DHJ: of course, if it’s JUST you and Brock…
    DHJ: and TGU
    Moochi-Chan: oh no worries, when it happens, Mala will be crying, along with me
    David Mitchell: David Mitchell wonders who to smack
    David Mitchell: Grok wonders who to smack
    DHJ: nevermind, there’s one :)
    David Mitchell: been here for a bit, thought you guys and gals knew
    DHJ: oh, missed it.
    DHJ: sorry
    the_grand_user: greetings
    David Mitchell: howdy
    the_grand_user: it doesn’t show up as much on these tablets
    DHJ: so is Bandit lurking too?
    Moochi-Chan: no, he isn’t on
    DHJ: OK, well.
    DHJ: we’ll get moving for a little while then
    DHJ: if anyone knows how to log this please do
    Brock Paine: I can.
    DHJ: * The third scroll fragment in your grasp, the party has exited the dungeon that was once a delve.
    DHJ: * (Timetravel being what it is, you still have to find said fragment, but we’ll take it as granted that it will have happened eventually.)
    DHJ: * You spend one night resting on the shore of the island…an rest interrupted for Jessaila by a Very Unusual Dream
    Brock Paine: Jessaila finds this dream very unusual.
    DHJ: (you remember, the one with the heartwood Titan)
    Moochi-Chan: ((Hehehehe, chainmail bikini!))
    DHJ: (you may, however, wish to inform the rest of theparty, for example, why you wake up screaming :P )
    the_grand_user: ((the one where you ended up being swallowed whole by the heartwood titan))
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina jerks awake at the sound of the screaming, hair a bit of a mess
    Brock Paine: ((I remember.))
    the_grand_user: the_grand_user slits an eye open, his rest disturbed
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila sits up sharply in camp.
    Brock Paine: “Aaiee… oh wait.”
    Moochi-Chan: "Jess…
    yawn*….you ok?"
    DHJ: Grok is on watch
    Brock Paine: “Uh… yeah, I guess I am.”
    Brock Paine: “Bad dream… I think.”
    David Mitchell: *Grok has a 50/50 chance of being asleep on watch, and certainly won’t awake from screaming.
    the_grand_user: “Didn’t know you got dreams that bad.”
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina rubs at her eyes, blinking them a few times, “Do you remember what happened? Must have been bad to make you scream like that.”
    Brock Paine: “Um…”
    DHJ: *GM rolls for Grok-sleeping: 1-5 on d10
    DHJ: 5
    David Mitchell: *Grok “zzzz”
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila thinks. “Wardrobe difficulties, giant trees, and being eaten by… I have no idea what it was.”
    DHJ: (( prepared GM is prepared with a few dice just in case ;) ))
    Moochi-Chan: “Wardrobe….difficulties?”
    Brock Paine: “I’d prefer not to discuss that.”
    DHJ: *Isabis puts down the weapons she was grabbing in a half-sleeping panic
    the_grand_user: * Seiankornai arches an eye, “I wouldn’t have thought giant trees were an elvish nightmare.”
    Moochi-Chan: “Uh huh….”
    Brock Paine: “They were the setting for the eating of me.”
    Moochi-Chan: “Well, if there isn’t any real danger, I’d like to get some more sleep before we have to get up and set out in the morning.”
    DHJ: “Sounds disturbingly Bloodghost flavored.”
    DHJ: DHJ frowns and casts her favorite magic detection spell at Jessaila
    DHJ: ((Isabis))
    the_grand_user: “Hmmm, it does, actually. But we’re not anywhere near its territory.”
    DHJ: Isabis: "Well, we’re not exactly on the border of the Salt Weep either, and there were cronists. Plus those weird foreigners and the monster-that-was-certainly-not-a-dragon from /another world entirely/ so…
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila shivvers again, remembering nasty acid stuffs.
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina scoots on over to Jess to rub her back in comfort, even though she is still tired
    Brock Paine: “Thanks, Mala.”
    DHJ: “…huh. There was something. Dispelled now, at least.”
    Brock Paine: “Really? Ugh.”
    Moochi-Chan: “Did something cast a spell on Jess without us noticing?”
    the_grand_user: Wait, what?"
    DHJ: “I don’t know…it looks more like something shaped for a group.”
    the_grand_user: * Seiankornai is surprised by there being a spell
    DHJ: DHJ casts at Malaina
    DHJ: “Didn’t get you…”
    Moochi-Chan: “Well, I haven’t had any weird dreams lately. Unless you count the one where Vari was stealing radishs for some reason.”
    DHJ: *Isabis checks those who stayed asleep
    Moochi-Chan: *Vari 1 & 2: *both are sleeping so don’t hear the conversation

    DHJ: "Nobody shows any signs of it but Jess. "
    the_grand_user: Odd, why only Jess?"
    DHJ: ‘Beats me. It’s a pretty good indicator it wasn’t cast here, though.
    Moochi-Chan: “And why wardrobe malfunctions?”
    Moochi-Chan: “Did something fall off?”
    DHJ: Isabis: “Well this is a riddle for sure. Should we wake up the ogre so he can put his little hat on?”
    Moochi-Chan: “Eh, I don’t know, you don’t seem hurt and it is still very late. Why not worry about it in the morning when everyone is awake?” yawns again
    Brock Paine: “Nothing fell off. It just wasn’t there to start with.”
    the_grand_user: “He’s supposed to be on guard anyway.” Whaps the ogre with his tail
    Moochi-Chan: “….What were you wearing?”
    Brock Paine: “Did you ever have one of those dreams where you went to a public place in your undergarments? Yeaaah… just worse.”
    Moochi-Chan: “No I don-….no, I have not.”
    DHJ: “Dream voyeurism? Maybe the jerk who cast it was the other person in the spell.”
    DHJ: "Do you recall anyone else recognizable in the dream?’
    David Mitchell: Grok wakes up.
    Brock Paine: “Maybe the other people in the dream were voyeurs, but I don’t think they were jerks.”
    David Mitchell: *W
    “Whaa? Something to fight?”
    Moochi-Chan: “Well, as much as I want to know what you were wearing, I’ll ask when the sun is up.”
    Moochi-Chan: goes back over to her Varis to get some more sleep in
    the_grand_user: W “A riddle, a dream riddle.” explains the dream “Also, if you fall asleep when you’re supposed to be on guard, then you miss the fight.”
    DHJ: ((seian is a genius if he can explain the dream from what the party’s heard so far))
    DHJ: Isabis: “Did you recognize any of them?”
    David Mitchell: W “What bikini?”
    DHJ: ((a garment which should never be made of chainmail :P ))
    the_grand_user: W “I don’t know.”
    David Mitchell: W “Is that the riddle?”
    Moochi-Chan: Malana goes back to sleep if there is nothing else
    Brock Paine: “Uhm… Yes. You know that other Sunchaser group we’ve run into twice?”
    the_grand_user: * Seiankornai can’t help but chuckle
    DHJ: ((LOL thought of that way it makes sense Jess would be the only one dragged in))
    DHJ: Isabis: “The womanizer with the hag problem, the business guy who wants to raise raptors…them?”
    Brock Paine: “Yeah, them.”
    DHJ: "Were in the dream too? …did they have on chainmail underclothing too?
    Brock Paine: “No, but they had other problems.”
    the_grand_user: ((technically one started in his underwear :P ;) )
    DHJ: “OK…so…bloodghost flavored problems? Or voyer flavored problems? Or something else?”
    Brock Paine: “I’m inclined to believe something else.”
    DHJ: “Hmmm…are you reasonably sure? Because I seem to recall they were tangling with bloodghost creeps less than a month ago.”
    Brock Paine: “I, uh, think it may be an elvish thing. I’m told something like this sometimes happens to full-blooded elves.”
    the_grand_user: “Something like what? Wardrobe problems?”
    DHJ: “The other sunchsers were under spell attack by elves??”
    Brock Paine: “No… realistic dreams.”
    DHJ: “OOooh, dreamwalking. I /have/ heard of that.”
    DHJ: “Wait, though, isn’t that supposed to be a form of scrying? As in, you see things that actually are happening somewhere?”
    Brock Paine: “Yes.”
    the_grand_user: the_grand_user is now much more interested
    the_grand_user: Seisnkornai
    DHJ: "Do you know where? Because if they’re really being eaten under giant trees, we owe it to them as fellow sunchasers to rescue them (or their remains).
    Brock Paine: ((I don’t recall and I have no log.))
    Takeru: ((We mentioned our bodies were under control in drake lands and were about to attack the Drake King if we didn’t win :O))
    the_grand_user: ((it was in a mindscape, not an actual place; they were in the Black Peaks at the time, with the drake high priest))
    Brock Paine: “They’re in a mindscape, I think; but their bodies are in the Black Peaks. They said something about the drake king, though.”
    DHJ: *Isabis gasps
    DHJ: “Oh no…if they have trouble at the drake court, they cause trouble for all the Matha.”
    Brock Paine: “Oh dear.”
    DHJ: * Isabis eyes Seiankornai
    the_grand_user: “That sounds disturbing.”
    Brock Paine: “Um, I think they said their bodies were under foreign control and wandering off to kill the Drake King?”
    the_grand_user: “What did they mention about the king?”
    the_grand_user: “ACK!!!!”
    DHJ: “KILL the drake king??”
    DHJ: “We need to get home!”
    Brock Paine: *Jessaila shrugs?
    DHJ: “Er, south. We need to get south.”
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina jumps awake at the outburst
    Huh, wha?!
    DHJ: “Seian, are you rested enough to fly yet?”
    the_grand_user: “Yes! Yes!”
    Moochi-Chan: “What’s going on?”
    the_grand_user: “The drake king is in danger!”
    the_grand_user: the_grand_user looks ready to take off for the nearest sunpool
    the_grand_user: Seiankornai
    DHJ: “Someone’s trying to kill him using other sunchasers – if they blame humans, it could blow up the drake-Matha treaties!”
    Moochi-Chan: “Oh…”
    the_grand_user: “What was going on when you left the dream?”
    Brock Paine: “I was getting eaten and dissolved by acid.”
    DHJ: “What was going on with everyone /else/ in the mindscape?”
    the_grand_user: * Seiankornai has a definite sense of panic in his voice
    the_grand_user: "Before that, eaten by what, exactly?:
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina slowly gets up, yawning and rubbing at her eyes

    Brock Paine: “They were fighting some… big beastie thing. I think I heard one of them call it a heartwood titan.”
    the_grand_user: “No…”
    DHJ: "Giant tree monster?:
    Brock Paine: “Yes.”
    DHJ: “…did they get eaten too?”
    DHJ: DHJ wakes up the others while she talks
    DHJ: ((Isabis wakes…))
    Moochi-Chan: Malaina slowly gets herself ready and trying to wake up her drakes
    Brock Paine: “Not to the best of my knowledge.”
    the_grand_user: ((btw, they were with a drake named Kahvretoth))
    Brock Paine: ((IIRC the drakes were not in the same part of the group and Jess never met any of them.))
    the_grand_user: ((they should have been, I think, but you didn’t fight along side them))
    DHJ: Isabis: "This is very disturbing. We have to go south for the last fragment anyhow, but I really think we should get moving now.
    DHJ: Isabis is only slightly less panicked than Seiankornai
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina is too tired to be panicked, rubbing at each Vari’s snout as they are roused awake

    the_grand_user: “Yes, is everyone ready for flight? I’ll carry you all, so you should be able to sleep in the air.”
    Moochi-Chan: “No thanks, I think these two will be fine, they got enough sleep in and it isn’t that cold.”
    DHJ: Isabis tries to wring her hands with her hand-claw on, and has to spend the first hour of the flight healing the cut
    Moochi-Chan: *Malaina crawls up onto the saddle of the Vari 1 and is ready to go…and will probably sleep for a few hours on the saddle

    David Mitchell: I got to get going, so have a good night all
    DHJ: * The party makes very good time south across the GronVer. Seian flies, if not actually tirelessly, still long hours
    DHJ: ((goodnight))
    the_grand_user: the_grand_user takes off, magically carrying the rest, including the nodding off GRok
    DHJ: *You lose a little time once when he loses focus and accidentally lifts off with half the population of a small town in tow, and again when he accidentally leaves Grok behind
    DHJ: * But mostly Seian flies and the rest of you are pulled along, and you ask for news from the mountains at every town you pass until finally you reach Janno territory and hear some.
    David Mitchell: "Grok want better in flight movie
    DHJ: ((and I think we’ll stop here until the we catch up in time :P ))
    Moochi-Chan: ((kk))
    DHJ: ((Grok will have to settle for trying to net birds on the fly))
    the_grand_user: ((What? Grok doesn’t enjoy the sight of half a screaming town held in mid air? :P ;) ))
    DHJ: goodnight all, don’t lose the log
    Moochi-Chan: night
    Brock Paine: ((I’ll grab it.))

Log 83

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 82

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User