Log 83

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 82

Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Seiankornai: greetings

Dragonhawk: hello

Thurirl: hey

Jessaila: Yo!

Dragonhawk: wb Bandit

Seiankornai: good to be back gaming

Malaina has connected.
Thurirl: oooh, call for s’mores…

Malaina: hmmm?

Thurirl: We’re having s’mores here. Maybe I should pop out quick and get one.

Malaina: Nice, go ahead!

Thurirl: bbiab

Dragonhawk: yeah, we’re waiting anyway to see if at least one of the east coasters shows up

  • Seiankornai sent an email to them
    Seiankornai: perhaps a quick recap in the mean time?

Dragonhawk: our heroes have cleared out a cronist infestation, rather thoroughly, in the top level of the delve – the drakes ate most of the evidence.

Malaina: Yep

Dragonhawk: you have for some reason dragged with you one caster, evil-religious type, and one assistant to the evil-shaman in question, club-wielding type.

Dragonhawk: that is to say, two female orcs smart enough to retreat but not smart enough to retreat before you cut them off

Seiankornai: ((just got word from Grok that he won’t be able to make it tonight))

Dragonhawk: you have left behind, against their wills, two presumably-innocent dwarves previously imprisoned by the orcs for ransom purposes

Dragonhawk: the large blood-sucking bird-insects that were disinclining the orcs to push down the stairs have been variously dealt with, leaving you in a Truly Awesome Cavern (the main cavern of the Glitterheim) with no apparent enemies, though you haven’t examined it thoroughly yet.

Dragonhawk: you have some questionable intelligence, suggesting that there are sapients of other (non-cronist) types at this level and below, including some sort of large monster

Dragonhawk: you have no further intelligence regarding the location of the scroll fragment you seek

Dragonhawk: Oh, and your captives are all wet

Jessaila: ((Did Jessaila have anything to do with that? ))

Dragonhawk: Oh, they are wet because they tried to hide in the little stream to avoid the sturges

Seiankornai: ((and now Grok is watching over them))

Dragonhawk: …I guess we’ve got everyone who can really be expected tonight, we may as well start

The sturges are all swatted, and you are now free to look around the cavern. And what a cavern it is!

  • Grok pulls the prisoners along with the group
    The ceilling is easily 40 feet high, a stream crosses the floor, and the walls are studded and veined with minerals beautiful and variously precious.
    Seiankornai: “It’s a very nice cave, could make a decent home here, though I guess that’s what the dwarves through as well.”

Malaina: ((Where is my token?))

Malaina: ((Ohh, ok, thanks))

  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+12 = 10 + 12 = 22 » Notice
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 » (Search)
  • Jessaila looks for clues about the former inhabitants, and searches for any other items of potential interest.
    Searing the main cavern mainly reveals that there has been a lot of traffic, especially by the exit of the stream, by some reptilians – actually, it looks a lot like Vessa tracks, assuming the Vessa are going barefoot.
    There is a small amount of dwarven and orcish trash still scattered about, but mostly well-looted already; this is basically true of any place in the delve, so nothing surprising by this point
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, I wonder which of these two ways we should go.”
Malaina: “Should we split up? The corriders seem to merge back together.” Isabis: “Three ways, surely? I mean, northish, southish, and watery-vessa-favored?”
  • Thurirl looks fascinated by the Vessa-like footprints.
    Isabis: “Granted we’d get wet going that way.”
  • Isabis tries to look under the overhang
    Isabis: “Really wet.”
Jessaila: “If that’s what’s required, I’m not opposed to wetness.”

Thurirl: “I am unaware of any Vessa who would sponsor a quest to this island. Most peculiar.”

Malaina: “Well, should one of us go in and see what can be found?” Seiankornai: “Let’s see what’s around the corner of each of the passages first, then pick one. We can wait on the stream, I think.” Malaina: “That sounds like a good idea.” Seiankornai: “Though, now that I recall, the light hangs around Thurirl, so let’s all follow him!” Isabis: “Considering the general atmosphere around here, I wouldn’t expect anyone we found to be friendly either, so we should at least stay in pairs!” Malaina: “Why doesn’t one of the Vari’s take one of the other paths?” Seiankornai: “Oh, and Isabis is glowing.” Malaina: “You’re just now noticing?” Isabis: “At least none of our light sources are in much danger of blowing out.”

Thurirl: “While I am not opposed to getting wet, save for the effects it will have on my equipment, I am content to follow whoever leads.”

Seiankornai: “It’s less obvious when Thurirl’s spheres are nearby her.”
  • Shamaness shouts “Would it kill you to light one decent torch?!?”
  • Jessaila shouts back at the shamaness: “I could poor oil on you and light you on fire.”
    Malaina: “We do have several creatures here are specialized at lighting things on fire.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur goes to get a few of the orc torches
  • Shamaness curses at Jessail, but quietly
  • Seiankornai lights them aflame
  • Shamaness tries to claim a torch and gets smacked by Grok for her trouble
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “No light for you, otherwise you might be tempted to wander off.”
Seiankornai: “Come on Thurirl and Jessaila, let’s check out the right claw passage.”

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.

  • Seiankornai tries being all sneaky « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 »
    Foreigner: “ENVEDIRZ!”
Jessaila: “Yay.” Malaina: “That’s wonderful…” Foreigner: “GO EWEY AT WI KELL YOO!”
  • Vari 2 is too full to consider him a snack, so will consider him a threat instead, growling angrily
  • Foreigner brandishes a spear at Vari and Vari
  • Vari 2 grows louder, not likign to be threatened
    Vari 2: « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » Intimidate

Jessaila: “Technically, invaders are someone who intend to conquer and then STAY, which we’re not planning to do.”

Seiankornai: “Well, this can wait.” Vari 1: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » Intimidate Foreigner: “Whet? Yoo tek fonni.” Malaina: “What language are they speaking?”

Jessaila: “Yoo tek fonni too!”

  • Foreigner is speaking some dialect of Vidoss, you think.
  • Malaina speaks Vidoss
    Foreigner: “AI spik ta muthar tang, stoped envedir! Yoo day nu!”

Thurirl: “A dwarven cemetary. Such elaborate stone tombs.”

Seiankornai: “Yes, let’s go back to the others, perhaps they found something more interesting.”
  • Seiankornai heads up the other way
    Thurirl and Seian investigate a dwarven burial chamber. Fortunately…maybe…many of them are empty.
  • Seiankornai comments back at Thurirl “I’d rather check that room with everyone, just in case of undead.”
  • Foreigner backs away from the Varis, sort of, towards the barred passage
  • Jessaila moves forward somewhat, but gestures for peaceful behavior on the part of all.
  • Foreigner points at the tunnel with his spear
  • Malaina only attack if they are attacked, but keeps her weapons where they are
    Thurirl: “…do you hear shouting?”
Foreigner: “Dipert en yon tonnil end wi lit yoo gu, centenu end fez te reth uv te Buren!”
  • Seiankornai listens, “Sounds like talking.” and hurries up
  • Thurirl stops and blinks at what he thinks he sees. “…my people are here?”
  • Foreigner does – sorta – look like a Vessa, but he must be the inbred-hillman equivalent, and his muddy coloration didn’t come from anywhere in the swamp Thurirl knows so wll.
    Foreigner: ((well))
Foreigner: “Yoo! Furin trabzmin! Ed oz en redding or hum uv thess envedirz!” Seiankornai: “Ummm, a bit hard to make out, even for me.”
  • Thurirl headtilts and wonders where this strange Vessa came from.
    Seiankornai: Vidoss “Who are you?”

Thurirl: V “I would like to know that as well. Where are you from?”

Seiankornai: Vidoss “Are the orcs your enemies?” Foreigner: “…TEK RET!!”
  • Foreigner mutters
    You get the idea this fellow is having even more trouble parsing your accent than you are his
    Thurirl: V “I am talking ‘right’. It is not my fault if you cannot understand my accent.”
Foreigner: “… … Nu yoo erent!”
  • Seiankornai tries his best to match the accent and repeats his two questions ((Impress « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 »))
    The foreign Vessa yells and sputters; you can’t make it out beyond a general sense that he is is very angry at you and doesn’t like the way you spoke to him. Of course, you got that much from the thrown spear…
    Seiankornai: ducks “I don’t think I said that right…”
  • Foreigner throws a short spear, hitting « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »
    Thurirl: “I would never have guessed you didn’t.”
  • Foreigner expresses his displeasure in a Sharp manner for « 1d8+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »
    Seiankornai: “He scratched my scale!”
Foreigner: “RILESS TE BURIN!!!”

…and that’s when you notice the quiter foreigner by the gate…
Seiankornai: “Umm, anyone else want to try to calm them down?”

Thurirl: “I regret to state that such may be an impossible endeavor at this point.”

Jessaila: “We’re not here to invade your home, okay?”

Jessaila: « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 » Impress

Malaina: « 1d20+14 = 3 + 14 = 17 » Impress Malaina: « 2d6 = 6 »
  • Foreigner resists being impressed? « 1d20+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 »
  • Seiankornai activates the error!
  • Seiankornai hands the spear back to the lizard guy politely
    other foreigner « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
    Foreigner: “erk”
Seiankornai: Vidoss “Sorry not ‘Tek Ret’”
  • Foreigner looks up at the Very Big Invader and bites his tongue
  • Thurirl is rather astonished they managed to talk him down, if only a little.
    Jessaila: ((Hee!))
Foreigner: “…burin? Pliz??”

OtherForiegner: “…thi scery…”

Seiankornai: “Hmmm” Foreigner: “Chef az scery tu!” Seiankornai: “Varis, did you leave any of the dead orc bodies alone?”
  • Malaina tries to see what is in this area (Area B) since they are paying attention to Seian
  • Seiankornai bounds off to fetch one of the orc bodies and returns
    Seiankornai: ((which will probably take a minute or two))
  • Animal snuffles at the gate and growls
  • Seiankornai comes back with teh body of the shameness’ former assistant
    Foreigner: “Yi! Yi! Yoo gu too!”
  • Seiankornai holds up the body so the lizard guy can see it
  • Foreigner spends the whole time Seian is running trying to shoo the rest of you up the tunnel
  • Foreigner looks
    Foreigner: ((the enemy of my enemy is my enemy’s enemy, no more and no less ))
Foreigner: “Su?”
  • Seiankornai points to his mouth, makes a chewing gesture, then points to the orcess, then holds it closer to the lziard guy
    Foreigner: "… "
  • Foreigner sniffs
    Foreigner: “Nut rap yit.”

Thurirl: “…ripe?”

Seiankornai: “Hmm, maybe these guys prefer carrion?”
  • Thurirl mutters. “Apparently, I was mistaken. These are not my people.”
    Seiankornai: “Oh well, perhaps we can come back later? Thurirl and I found a dwarven crypt.”
  • Seiankornai lays the body down between us and the lizards
  • OtherForeigner whispers to his peer
    Foreigner: “Thetz u gud adiyo.”
  • Foreigner spears the carcass and they both run away to the south
  • OtherForeigner unlatches the gate as he goes
    Animal: “Urrrr?”
Seiankornai: “Well, they seemed to take interest in that.”

Animal: (you can take one non-violence action if you want to, then it’s init)

Malaina: ((Like What?))
  • Jessaila casts mage hand to latch the gate again.
    Animal: ((aw, so practical ))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 »
    Jess slams the latch shut again just in time to prevent the brown bear from pushing it open.
  • Bur growls frustratedly
  • Jessaila has more than five brain cells to rub together, and she used some of them today.
    Bur: ((hehe))
Seiankornai: “Well, they obviously aren’t very friendly, though not quite like the orcs, so perhaps we should leave them for a bit. Let’s check out those caskets.” Malaina: “That is probably a good idea, let’s not get into another fight.”
  • Seiankornai may be discriminating in the lizards favor, he doesn’t care
    Thurirl: “Indeed. Besides, I think I have heard all I care to of that awful accent.”

You move back to the southwest, pausing to update Grok and Jamshid on developments
You can’t help noticing that the shamaness and her surviving assistant seem unhappy about your use of the other assistant’s mortal remains
You also can’t help noticing that the members of the party who are sitting still seem kind of dozy, especially Grok – Jamshid is at least /trying/ to remain alert, but it’s been a long day and the captives are being boring.

  • Seiankornai suggests they play a game with each other
    You leave them playing a riddle game and re-enter the crypt
    Seiankornai: ((or bring them along now))

The first thing you notice in the crypt is the sound of that horrible accent, interspersed with grunting, coming from behind the coffin that has been moved out from against the cliff
Foreigner: (Get it up, quick, before they catch up with us!)

OtherForeigner: (Just drop it, it can age down there for a day or two!)

Seiankornai: Vidoss “What, you again?” Foreigner: (Oh come on, we won’t convince the chief we killed it if…did you hear that?"

Thurirl: “…I should be surprised. I seem to have a sudden lack in that capability.”

OtherForeigner: ((loudly this time))

OtherForeigner: (For the Dragons’ sake, GO AWAY!)

Thurirl: “I believe I am developing a headache.”

Seiankornai: (“We’re looking for a scroll that was hidden in this fortress. Don’t want to bother you but we must find it.”)

OtherForeigner: (Don’t have no scroll, get out of our home or the chief will zap you!)

OtherForeigner: ((muttering)) (or zap us, or both…)

Seiankornai: (“Can we talk to the chief?”)
  • OtherForeigner and his cohort, together: (YES!) (NO!!)
    Foreigner: (Don’t let them, he’ll kill us for showing weakness in front of invaders!)
  • Jessaila rolls her eyes.
    OtherForeigner: (There’s THREE drakes and like half-dozen scaleless ones, and the bears didn’t even try to eat them! How are we supposed to fight that?"

OtherForeigner: )

Malaina: “Should we try to find another way around?” Foreigner: (So…it’s Bear-trainer’s fault then?)
  • Thurirl is tempted to zap them both, if only he had something with lightning in his list of spells…
    Seiankornai: (“What weakness? You were very brave to be standing up to us telling us to go away when we could have killed you very easily, that’s strength. Fortunately we don’t want to kill you, only Cronist orcs.”)
Seiankornai: “I don’t know if there is a way around. Though I can ask.”

OtherForeigner: (Uh… I can NOT tell you that the chief is in the back of the home-caves, and can definitely NOT tell you to go under the creek-arch if you want to talk to him, ‘cause that’s not allowed."

Foreigner: (What are you – is that what you call subtle? Shut up, dummy.) Seiankornai: (“Oh, ok. Any caves here that go around your tribe so we can continue looking for the scroll?”)
  • Seiankornai repeats what they said to the others, word for word.
  • Thurirl walks away so he won’t have to hear as much of this brain-torturing accent.
    Seiankornai: “Thurirl, how about you try sneaking around the area from before?”
Seiankornai: “While they’re busy talking to me.”

OtherForeigner: (Around? Well, you can, uh…go through the pile of bones at the south end of here, sure, and then, um, there’s a way out of our territory further south at the east end of the long cave, kind of hidden close to where the waterfall is.)

Seiankornai: (“Waterfall? Oh, another question is there some very large beast down here? An orc mentioned it after we captured her.”) Foreigner: (Its a dragon! A bad one! An ANTI-DRAGON!!)

OtherForeigner: (It’s a liar, and it’s big, but I’m pretty sure it’s not a dragon.)

  • Seiankornai looks surprised, “An anti-dragon?”
    Seiankornai: ()
Foreigner: (It’s way bigger than a drake, and it’s dragon-shaped?) Foreigner: (What else but a dragon is like that?!?)

OtherForeigner: (I dunno, maybe it’s a bloodghost monster, or some drake as traded his soul to the Lyss or something. It’s NOT a dragon.)

Seiankornai: (“Well, there ae some pretty big drakes too, bigger than me.”) Foreigner: (It’s a draaaaaagon! A terrible cursed dragon!)

OtherForeigner: (And you called me a dummy?)

  • Jessaila facepalms.
    Seiankornai: (“OK, well, can you show us the way around your tribe, we’ll look there, and if we can’t find hte scroll, then we come back and talk to your cheif maybe.”

OtherForeigner: (Everybody knows when the Most High cursed the dragons, it was the good ones what got cursed. If there were ever bad dragons, they were gone way before that.)

  • OtherForeigner finishes lecturing his companion before turning back to Seian
    OtherForeigner: (Yeah, have fun, stay away from our places. Get lost.)
  • Seiankornai looks taken aback, “OH, Jess, Isabis, they mentioned the ‘Most High’ like on that test!”
    Jessaila: “Wot?”
  • Jessaila comes into the room in excitement.
    Foreigner: (Just because your father was a priest you think you know everything. If there’s really a higher god than the dragons, why don’t we worship him then?)

Jessaila: “Eeeeee!”

Seiankornai: (“Most High, what do you know of Him?”)
  • Malaina is ready to go cause she finds this highly boring now
    Seiankornai: (“We’ve heard of Most High too, just recently.”)
Seiankornai: (“Tell us on the way to the area.”)

OtherForeigner: (What? Uh, he’s, uh, hogher than the other gods? They say he’s the reason we can’t talk to the dragons like be- wait a minute now, we’re not going anywhere with you but OUT THE TUNNEL because you’re LEAVING OUR HOME!)

Foreigner: (Yeah, we’re not sitting around talking about the gods with a bunch of invaders anyway!) Foreigner: (Go up or go down, but leave us alone!) Seiankornai: (“Show us down I ment.”) Seiankornai: (“We came from up.”)

OtherForeigner: (Not that up, the other way. OUT. By that tunnel where you found us.)

OtherForeigner: (And I already gave you directions, I’m not going with you.)

Jessaila: (“Is it not more important to tell invaders about your religion than it normally is?”)

Seiankornai: ((Sense Motive [1d20+4)) Seiankornai: ((Sense Motive « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 »))
  • Jessaila tries to find the truth and motives of the issue. « 1d20+3 = 2 + 3 = 5 » (Sense Motive)
    Seiankornai: ((not my night for dice rolls ))
Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » Sense Motive Jessaila: ((Woo, next person rolls a 3!))
  • OtherForeigner looks at Jessaila strangeley (What do invaders care about religion? You kill or you die, the gods have nothing to do with it most of the time.)
    You both sense…that they want you to go away
    OtherForeigner: ((Malaina too, you have to beat 15 to get non-obvious info ))
Seiankornai: (“Ok, we’ll go down now. Is that where the anti-dragon is?”)

Jessaila: “Well, since we care about religion, that means we’re not invaders.”

Seiankornai: (“She has good logic, we’ll be back to talk.”)

OtherForeigner: (Down a ways, not /right/ down there I don’t think…I’m not sure, I don’t visit with the liar. He eats people.)

Seiankornai: (“Want to hear more of what you know about Most High, being a priest of the Dragon Kings myself.”)

Seian approaches the “pile of bones”
It looks more like a wall of bones, except that it also has assorted weapons stuck in it and it’s not at all neatly arranged…
And it seems to be…moving?
Seiankornai: “Uhhh….”

Foreigner: (RUN RUN RUN He’s at it RIGHT NOW RUUUUUN!")
  • Seiankornai backs off a bit
    Seiankornai: (“Undead?”)
Seiankornai: “Uh, guys, come back me up!”
  • Thurirl comes in to see what scared off his “cousins” from the room.
  • Seiankornai points to the moving wall of bones
    The foreigners disappear behind the coffin again, and the wall drops a few bones – which form up into a skeleton!
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
  • Jessaila is disappointed the locals won’t talk about the Most High, but decides that despite this disappointment, she will assist Seian.
    Dragonhawk: Come back next week, to Figure Out What This Thing Is
Seiankornai: ((so battle next week))

Malaina is disconnected.
Dragonhawk: hopefully we’ll have at least one more person next week, and not leave him out of all the fun

Log 84

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 83

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User