Log 85

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 84

Malaina has connected.
Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Grok has connected.
Grok: Howdy all

Seiankornai: greetings!

Seiankornai: we’re fighting skeletons!

Grok: Darn. no meat there

Seiankornai: they have a satisfying crunch though

Dragonhawk: Grok is guarding the prisoners

Seiankornai: who do have meat

Grok: I’m sorry all, for my inconsistent showing up. I had a class for two weeks, and last week, i just plain forget

Seiankornai: ah

Dragonhawk: I understand.

Seiankornai: ((Well, are we ready to start then?))

Dragonhawk: ((I suppose…all but one present and all.))

Seiankornai: ((and Jamshid is usually late))

When last we saw our heroes, they were battling a Bonestopper – that is, a mass of bones that stops up a passageway and puts out skeletons for protection at need.
Grok was left to guard the orcs, mainly because he didn’t wake up as fast as Jamshid when people started yelling in Melios about skeletons.
Dragonhawk: (Did we mention Jamshid actually had a player last week?)

Grok: ((did someone tell Grok to guard the prisoners?))

Dragonhawk: ((Oh yes…an hour and two encounters ago…before he fell asleep. They prisoners are tied and currently appear reasonably subdued, though they are awake.))

Dragonhawk: ((Jamshid was originally helping guard them, which is why Grok got away with going to sleep in the first place.))

Grok: ((and you expect Grok to keep a thought in his head from an hour ago? Ha!))

Dragonhawk: ((did I say I expected any such thing? >: ) ))

Seiankornai: ((o, we expect Grok to be “interesting” ))

Thurirl: ((Chinese curse interesting.))

Jessaila: ((I presume we’re done with the prisoners and don’t mind if they buy the farm?))

According to the initiative indicator, it is in fact Grok’s turn to act. Jessaila is on deck for the top of the round. No skeletons are currently in evidence.
Thurirl: ((The more immediate problem is the Large Enemy that spawns other Enemies.))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok yawns, streches, and goes to look for something interesting to do
    Seiankornai: ((he can probably hear the fighting and shouting))

Dragonhawk: ((yelling and rattling comes from the south; east is quiet))

  • Grok says to prisoners “You leave, you die.”
  • Grok Wait for me!
  • Grok sees the bones, and looks confused. “What dat?”
    Shamaness: (muttering in Gamok) “…we stay, die anyhow.”

Grok: ((done))

Jessaila has received initiative.
Jessaila: ((IIRC, there’s the wall-o-bones spawning skellies, right?))

Thurirl: W “Trouble! Grok smash wall! Please?”

What you see is a mass of bones – wall, pile, some-whatzit – filling what used to be a doorway, quivering slightly in an unnervingly pseudo-lifelike manner.
What your companions previously saw were bones extruding from said mass, arranging into skeletons again, and clicking together to come attack the party. They wield an array of more-and-less dilapidated weapons that presumably came with the bones.

  • Jessaila scoots around a bit to get a better view and thinks about all the possible things this could be.
    Let’s face it, whole armies died in this place – the Bonestopper didn’t have to go far to collect plenty of materials.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+2+8 = 15 + 2 + 8 = 25 » Knowledge check?

Shamaness init « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » and saurians « 1d20+3 = 13 + 3 = 16 »
Oh how convient, all the enemies really do move together
You whisper to Jessaila: You’ve heard of bonestoppers, they are rare ruin-haunts that come up primarily in places where many dead are left unburied (so no shock you found one here). Their magical abilities run to collecting and controlling the dead bones; the bonestopper itself will be immobile.
You whisper to Jessaila: As far as you know, the only motivations identified for such things are “get more bones” and something like “stay alive” or possibly “keep the hole plugged,” which may or may not be the same thing.
You whisper to Jessaila: They aren’t picky about whether the “more bones” are dead before the “get” happens; if they catch live prey they drain the life out of it and incorporate the newly dead bones.
Jess has heard of bonestoppers before.

  • Jessaila has indeed heard of bonestoppers before.
    The gaunt are only too familiar with them it seems.
    Jessaila: “Not sure I know how to kill one, but maybe if we deal out enough damage – just don’t get sucked in, it’ll drain your life away!”
  • Jessaila tries magic missiles.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    You whisper to Jessaila: The gaunt say that the buried ruins in the desert have a few so big they stop up whole rooms, but that might be tall tales
    Seiankornai: “ROAR

Shamaness: ((think you need a 16 for MM Jess))

Thurirl: ((No tail slap then.))

Jessaila: ((Ah well.))

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl hears the “don’t get sucked in” remark and ponders long-ranged combat…
    Thurirl: “Perhaps an arcane solution would be best.”

Seiankornai: “ROAR

  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 1 + 14 = 15 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 11 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 8 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 14 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((oh heck))
  • Isabis winces and mutters, “Inside voice, you rosy drake”
    Dragonhawk: (( With a critical failure, his confidence is shaken and he suffers a –5 penalty with Spellcasting checks until he succeeds with a Spellcasting check or until the end of the current scene, whichever comes first.))
Thurirl: ((criminy… I wasn’t having a good week to begin with…)) Thurirl: ((I took a step back, so unless there’s something else I can do…))

Dragonhawk: ((the 5’ step is free, so you have another action))

Dragonhawk: ((as long as it isn’t a move))

Thurirl: ((Anything I can do standing still?))

Dragonhawk: ((whack it with your bowstave?))

Dragonhawk: ((you’re technically adjacent, diagonally.))

Seiankornai: ((use the Aim action? get a +1 bonus on your next attack against it))

Dragonhawk: ((also, do people want to skype this week, or not really?))

  • Thurirl takes out his bow instead, despite his bad aim. He lines up his first shot carefully, to find a vital area of some sort…
    Thurirl: ((so, Aim is taken, and I’m done))

Thurirl sees…bones. There aren’t vital organs to aim at…

  • Thurirl tries to find a vital bone to aim for then…
    You whisper to Jessaila: Like most skeletal undead, these things don’t pay much attention to slashing weapons, still less arrows
    You whisper to Malaina: You strongly suspect that like most skeletal undead, these things don’t pay much attention to slashing weapons, still less arrows
  • Seiankornai roars at the wall again before tearing into it once more
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » for « 1d10+9 = 7 + 9 = 16 » damage
    Claw hits « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d8+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Malaina: “Don’t waste your arrows on that thing, it probably won’t do any good and you’ll be wasting ammo!”

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seian pulls a few bones out and crunches them
Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis climbs up on the nearest sepulchur and casts ( « 1d20+14 = 12 + 14 = 26 » )
    Isabis: …magic missile again, hitting the wall with « 3d6 = 13 » force damage
  • Seiankornai is quite angry at the skeleton wall, having been made quite annoyed by his deflected attacks from before (and just having a bit of fun being all dragon ragey). Beads of flame being dripping off his scales like sweat.
    Seiankornai: *being => are
  • Vari 2 wonders if he should be worried now
  • BoneStopper attempts to engulf Jamshid, « 1d20+18 = 17 + 18 = 35 » vs athletics (+4 to Jamshid for being small)
  • Seiankornai isn’t bursting into flames quite yet, but you might want to step back, say, 15ft-ish feet from him, if you get a chance
    Seiankornai: Jamshid athletics « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 »

Seiankornai: ((+4 for 25))

  • BoneStopper has new bones! Oh, but they’re still trying to move on their own, how annoying…
    Seiankornai: « 1d6 = 4 » AD to try to get out of this!
  • BoneStopper puts out a new skeleton to keep the others busy while it fixes that
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    BoneStopper: (further athletics to escape requires of course the PENALTY for size)

Dragonhawk: ((two categories for the smaller folk))

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur tries to escape « 1d20+5-4 = 11 + 5 – 4 = 12 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur can’t
    Dragonhawk: Bonestopper keeps Jamshid, « 1d20+18 = 9 + 18 = 27 »

Malaina has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: “AUGH! HELP!”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “HELP THERE’S A DRAKE ABOUT TO BURST INTO FLAME NEAR ME!” Thurirl: “This mission is going decidedly less well than anticipated.” Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 18 + 11 = 29 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes), Skull Crack @ 587

Dragonhawk: ((the skele or the wall?))

Seiankornai: ((nice crack on the head))

Seiankornai: ((she said the skelly))

Malaina: ((The Skele, then I am Fending back))

Dragonhawk: ((ah, sorry, don’t know how I always miss that))

Grok: ((is the wall high enough to shoot with cannon without hitting too many friendlies?))

Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Bonewall (Hope I am not hurting Jamshid) Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire

Dragonhawk: ((If you stand in the right place maybe; keep in mind that Isabis and Seian are alreayd standing on top of things though.))

Vari 2: ((Do I hit?))

Dragonhawk: ((er…yes, Jamshid is going to stop worrying about Seian if you hit…))

Dragonhawk: ((which you did of course, since it’s defense is only 10))

Vari 2: « 2d6 = 11 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage Vari 2: « 2d6 = 5 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

Wall toasts for 16, Jamshid for 8

  • Vari 1 thinks he hears screaming, so stops himself from breathing fire, but doesn’t know what to do since he doesn’t want to be swallowed up
    Dragonhawk: ((so you all know, I’m treating claws as slashing attacks and bite as crushing for purposes of damage defiance here))

Seiankornai: ((ah))

Malaina: ((I am done, don’t want to harm Jamshid more then I have))

Grok has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: WGROK! PULL ME OUT!”

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur doesn’t want to be pulled out by the big critters who have sharp pulling ends
  • Grok runs up, and and looks for where Jamshid is.
  • Seiankornai is quite clearly sticking out of hte pile of hostile bones
    Grok: ((how do I get someone out actionwise?))

Jamshid is quite clearly engulfed in the pile of bones. To get him out, you need to open a hole in the right spot (do damage 20 or more) and then with an athletics check vs. the Bonestopper
Dragonhawk: ((win an athletics check I mean))

  • Grok attempts to pull out Seian 1st to get room to get to Jamshid
    Dragonhawk: ((Seian, is taht sweating-fire thing going to be a problem with being grabbed?))

Seiankornai: ((arg, failed sneeze >_<)>.
Dragonhawk: ((I guess one more person can technically get in there))

Malaina: ((I roll Athletics, right?))

Dragonhawk: ((correct))

Malaina: ((Oh, let me have the second Vari try to breath fire on the skele))

Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire
  • BoneStopper Skeleton is hit by a 26 of course (activate the crit to auto-kill or roll damage)
    Vari 1: ((Well, I only have 1 more left))
BoneStopper: ((your call. You can always try doing Something Awesome to get more)) Vari 1: ((Yea, I’m not Tak or TGU, I’ll just roll damage, if it’s not enough to kill it, I am sure the other skeleton can take it out)) Vari 1: « 2d6 = 6 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
  • Malaina goes to help pull Jamshid out of the wall
  • BoneStopper skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » vs 13
  • BoneStopper resists having its meal and new bones removed « 1d20+18 = 14 + 18 = 32 »
    Jessaila: ((Boo! Fail harder, bonestopper!))
Malaina: ((I didn’t even roll)) BoneStopper: ((it’s an opposed check, we both have to roll)) Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((roll)) Malaina: « 1d20+12+6 = 7 + 12 + 6 = 25 » Athletics BoneStopper: « 25+8 = 25 + 8 = 33 » Malaina: ((and I"m done))

Seiankornai: ((it is very grippy))

  • Grok muscles aside the others, grabs Jamshid, and pulls him out
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “OW OW OW!”
Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 4 + 19 = 23 » BoneStopper: ((um, guys, Mala succeeded)) Thurirl: ((ouch))

Jessaila: ((It’s also very high-rolling.))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((oh right, the +8))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur is pulled out by Mala, yay!!
    Grok: o, in that case, i’m breaking a few bones instead. ((good thing, crappy roll…))
BoneStopper: ((I think anyway…or was the +6 supposed to be the bonus?)) Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((+8)) Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 11 + 13 = 24 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage

Jamshid slides out, just barely, and falls prone on the floor

  • BoneStopper is crushed a little…ooh, ogre bones…
    Jessaila: ((I’ll use one of my last spell points to heal.))

Grok has received initiative.
Jessaila has received initiative.
Jessaila: ((Oh, in that case.))

  • Jessaila casts Cure Wounds I on Jamshid.
    Jessaila: ((heal 10 vitality or 1 wound on a special character.)
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
    Jamshid heals 10 vitality – hah, that’s more than the Bonestopper sucked out of him.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur has a few less burn marks
    Jessaila: ((But least than the dragons burned off of him.))
BoneStopper: ((yeah, he’s still kind of red))
  • Jessaila passes.
  • Jessaila prepares to cast more in a wee bit.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl isn’t sure he wants to risk magic or close combat…
  • Thurirl whips his tail at his foe with fearsome speed!
    Attacks « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » for « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage.
    Thurirl whips off a tail…eugh. Apparently those foreigners have had some misfortunes with this thing
  • Thurirl doesn’t let it bother him. Long dead “cousins” are not of concern at this moment.
  • Thurirl tries a Polar Ray as well for good measure…
    Thurirl: Spell Check: « 1d20+14 = 20 + 14 = 34 »

Seiankornai: ((cold damage doesn’t effect undead, btw))

BoneStopper: ((maybe a different spell then)) Thurirl: ((Fire. Burn it away.)) Thurirl: Scorching Ray: Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 10 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 10 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 7 »; AP 5 BoneStopper: ((casting check succeeds anyway, even with the -5, so the penalty is lifted)) BoneStopper: ((and 27 damage, nice))

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai does a repeat with Grok,plowing under his legs to bite at the bones
    Seiankornai: Bite « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » for « 1d10+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 » damage

Seiankornai: ((hmm, wiat, how many actions is that?))

BoneStopper: ((handle-person, 5’ step, attack?)) BoneStopper: ((unless Grok resists, of course.))

Seiankornai: ((ok))

  • Grok tries to dance out of the way of the drake from behind him. he fails, and lands on his butt
    Grok falls flat trying to get out of the way of the enraged drake; this does at least leave Seian in reach of the bonestopper
    Grok: W “Oie! Watch the big nose!”

Dragonhawk: (1 AD for massive realism)

Grok: ((Grok is good at many things. making room for others isn’t one of them.))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis commands her skeleton, then wonders what else she might achieve…arrows won’t work, she’s almost out of magic…
    Thurirl: ((“Sure would be nice if we had some grenades!” – Jayne Cobb))
  • Skeleton courteously helps Grok up, since it can’t reach the wall
  • Skeleton 100 attacks Thurirl, hitting « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » for possible damage « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 »
  • Skeleton 100 attacks Thurirl again, hitting « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 » for possible damage « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 »
    Grok: Grok looks confused. As usual. W “Break this one?” He asking, pointing at the one that helped him up.
  • Isabis says things in not-Woanish: “Please don’t damage my tools Grok.”
  • BoneStopper attempts to engulf Thurirl for « 1d20+18 = 9 + 18 = 27 »
    Dragonhawk: ((thurirl, roll athletics with +4 bonus))
Thurirl: ((Ack!)) Thurirl: Athletics: « 1d20+3+4 = 16 + 3 + 4 = 23 »

Thurirl is engulfed
Malaina: ((Can’t he AD that?))

  • Thurirl finds this to be a rather unfortunate turn of events.
    Dragonhawk: (( Fascinating…)) (( ))

Dragonhawk: ((ah, yes, he could AD that))

Thurirl: ((one AD, just for the heck of it…)) Thurirl: AD: « 1d6 = 1 »

Jessaila: ((Oh, of course…))

Malaina: ((What is up with the dice tonight))

Thurirl: ((The reason you can’t hear my facepalm is because Skype isn’t up…))

Dragonhawk: ((the dice have been unusually evil tonight, even for an RNG ))

Dragonhawk: ((still, the party isn’t exactly taking much damage here either))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
You hear a ruckus in the other cave and some splashing

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur actually gets to do something…. …. flees a short ways
    Dragonhawk: ((stands up, then flees?))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((right))

Malaina has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: thought shall use a contempt on the skelly

Jamshid par-Bahadur: SAbre contempt « 1d20+12 = 13 + 12 = 25 » for « 1d10+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 »

Dragonhawk: (foreigner-vidoss) “Envederz! Gat thim!” (Gamok) “Stink lizards! Run!”

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 18 saves for « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » vs 19

Seiankornai: ((I think we’re about to lose some prisoners…))

Malaina: ((I honestly don’t know what to do, all my weapons are slashing weapons and I can’t use the drakes without hurting Thurirl now))

Thurirl: ((I’d rather be hurt than die, honestly… .;; Please get me down.))

Dragonhawk: (from the North) HHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS! thwip Warcries

Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 19 + 11 = 30 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) Malaina: ((I’ll use my last AD to activate that crit))

Seiankornai: ((CRIT!!))

Seiankornai: ((roll good damage!))

Malaina: ((Like what?)) Malaina: ((I normally don’t roll damage when I activate a crit))

Dragonhawk: ((roll damage, it automatically goes to wounds. This is a special character))

Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » Halberd Damage (GM roll for Bleed)

Dragonhawk: ((I’ll give you 75% off the required damage to make a hole too…oh, still not enough, ouch.))

Vari 1: ((If you want me to, I’ll use firebreath))

Malaina shatters a line of bones near Thurirl’s foot, but doesn’t quite break through…someone will have to help.
Dragonhawk: ((4 more damage on the same square makes a hole, then you can try pulling))

Dragonhawk: ((or if you have another action you can hit it again))

Thurirl: “This is proving to be a most exasperating foe…” Vari 1: ((Sure, I still have fend Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 9 + 11 = 20 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » Halberd Damage (GM roll for Bleed)

Dragonhawk: ((that’ll do it))

Grok has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((oh, wait, the varis haven’t gone yet))

  • Grok lobs a couple of boulders at annoying bone thing
    Malaina: ((All I can do is breath fire since using claws doesn’t do any good))

Grok: ((or will))

Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled. Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.

Grok: W “Why we wanna go this way again?”

Seiankornai: “ROAR!”

Dragonhawk: ((taking directions from untrustworty sources))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila is frightened out of her wits by boulders flying over her head.
    Dragonhawk: ((boulders? In the burial vault? …he’s probably throwing the lids to the sepulchurs…))
  • Jessaila is running out of magic, but casts for a missile.
    Jessaila: ((Preferentially a Minuteman III, but I’m not picky.))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 »
    Dragonhawk: ((hehe))

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 7 » Magic Missile

Thurirl: ((remember, aim it at the Bonestopper, not the darkness…))
  • Jessaila looks for any signs of the bonestopper weakening.
  • Jessaila checks something out. « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » Investigate
    Actually, it does seem sort of thinner
    It’s hard to tell really, when you break bones it generally just moves new ones to the front
    Jessaila: “Keep it up, guys! I can see we’re thinning it out!”

Dragonhawk: (( OOC, 70/400 and 28/32 ))

Malaina: “We need to get Thurirl out of there!”

Seiankornai: “RAWR!”

Dragonhawk: ((Is Jessaila done?))

Jessaila: ((Yes.))

Thurirl has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((athletcis to escape?))

  • Thurirl wiggles every part of his anatomy to see if he can loosen himself.
    Thurirl: Athletics: « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
Thurirl: ((oh c’mon!))

Dragonhawk: Bonestopper resists for « 1d20+18 = 20 + 18 = 38 »

Malaina: ((Seriously?))

  • Thurirl thinks he just made it worse. Oh dear.
    Dragonhawk: DM activates crit for +2 to bonestopper’s resistance!

Dragonhawk: (until next round, as before)

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Thurirl: “I seem to have improved its grip. Perhaps we should kill it before this gets out of hand?”

Dragonhawk: ((assuming it lasts the round, which is not precisely certain…))

Seiankornai: “ROAR RAWR ROAR RAAAAA!!!!!”

Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » for « 1d10+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 »
Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for « 1d10+9 = 5 + 9 = 14 »

Isabis: “Or disrupt it anyway.”

Isabis has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((activating the crit))

  • Thurirl stiffens up as the drake bites into the mass of bones. That’s about as obvious a sign of fear as he’s going to give…
    Seiankornai knocks an actual hole in the top corner of the wall!
  • Seiankornai can smell the unobvious signs, the little fellow is lucky he likes him… and that there’s a pile of hostile bones between the two
  • Isabis sends her own bones to yank on poor Thurirl
    Thurirl: “Please be careful! I am not certain I can be removed by direct force upon my person.”
  • Skeleton pulls for « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » vs the wall’s « 1d20+18+2 = 2 + 18 + 2 = 22 »
    Seiankornai: ((AD it!))

Skeleton: ((isabis action die « 1d6 = 4 » ))

Seiankornai: (woo!)
  • Skeleton pulls on the lizardman’s tail until he pops out of the wall
    Malaina: ((Whew!))
Isabis: “Ack, don’t pull his…er, well…good job. Sorry about the tail Thurirl.”

Thurirl lands prone on the floor behind the skeleton, much as Jamshid did
Thurirl: “…that was a fascinating experience. Let us not repeat it.”

Isabis: “Agreed.”
  • Thurirl ignores the pain in his tail. He’ll reset the alignment later.
    Seiankornai: “RAAaa!”
  • BoneStopper rattles it’s bones at the strange skeleton, then puts out two more skeletons of its own
    You can actually see through it as it assembles the rib cages…one on each side of the wall
    Dragonhawk: (up North) “AIEE!” “FAR THI CHIF!” SPLASH sploosh splish

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur can’t do much, so goes quietly to check out hte noises coming from the north
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Theres enough room to take into the air, right?))

Dragonhawk: ((Barely, but yes))

Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ the Wall Vari 2: « 2d6 = 5 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ the Wall

*Sizzle…
Vari 1: « 2d6 = 4 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

*Crackle…
Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes), Skull Crack @ 651

Malaina: ((Ugh, I’m done))

Dragonhawk: ((miss))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok uses another boulder, and reaches into his new bag, and throws whatever comes out at the wall as well
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.

Dragonhawk: ((2d8 for the bag))

Dragonhawk: ((that is, 1d8 twice))

Grok: « 1d8 = 2 » « 1d8 = 4 »
  • Thurirl is rather glad he does not have to witness rocks coming very close to his head.
    Grok: « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » to hit with object

Grok flings a roll of parchment at the wall!
it hits hard enough to get wedged between two bones…
Dragonhawk: ((everything that comes out of the bag gets +1 to damage, so it does a 1 pt paper cut even though it’s a soft item on a hard bone ))

Grok: W "Bugger.

Grok: ((Done))

Isabis: “Paper! Argh, don’t let it burn!”

Jessaila has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: (( ))

Seiankornai: (I think that’ll be a lost cause, Isabis))

Jessaila: ((Think I have one SP left.))

  • Jessaila casts Magic Missle.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 »
    Dragonhawk: ((yeah, pretty much not going to happen with Seian raging at it))

Jessaila: ((Crit.))

Seiankornai: ((oooh, wounds or SP back?))

Jessaila: ((I have Casting Basics.))

Dragonhawk: ((so if you activate, you get back your SP too))

Jessaila: ((I’ll do that.))

Dragonhawk: ((I think you can roll damage and then decide))

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 8 » Damage for Magic Missile

Dragonhawk: ((OK, so SP back?))

Jessaila: ((Sure.))

Dragonhawk: ((one more action?))

Jessaila: ((Again,have to pass.))

Jessaila: ((Nothing I can do since I can’t cast again this round, and have no weapon to hurt this with.))

  • Jessaila cheers the others on.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: ((Oy, it’s late. Hurry up and finish this thing off people! ))
  • Thurirl stands up… and doesn’t run away.
    Dragonhawk: ((We’ll stop at the end of the init round otherwise))
Thurirl: “Pack! To me!”

Wolves double-move

  • Thurirl hisses and attacks while they move toward him.
    Malaina: ((Just a bit more fire and Seians rage should do it))
  • Thurirl whips his tail at his foe with fearsome speed!
    Attacks « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » for « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: (knocks out another bone)
  • Thurirl prepares to roast this abomination again!
    You can totally see through the “wall” now – it’s almost down to a lattice really
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 16 + 14 = 30 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 11 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 10 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 7 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl’s rays hit the lattice top, middle and bottom; it flares brightly and collapses altogether, revealing a confused skeleton standing behind it
    Thurirl: “…fascinating.”

Malaina: “THAT is what was controlling it?!”

  • Malaina looks ready to destroy that thing with her bare hands
    Seiankornai: ((you got a big LOL out of hte GM with that one ))
Thurirl: “I do not believe so… yet it may recreate itself if it escapes…”

Dragonhawk: ((LOL no it’s just another puppet skeleton that spawned on the wrong side ))

Thurirl: “Seian? There’s a snack for you here…”

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “RAWR!!!!!

  • Seiankornai pounces
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » for « 1d10+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((+2 for charging))

Dragonhawk: misses vs 19

Seiankornai: « 1d6 = 6 » AD Seiankornai: « 1d6 = 3 » Seiankornai: ((hit

Seian crunches mightily and eliminates the skeleton

  • Seiankornai contempts the other « 1d20+13 = 11 + 13 = 24 » for « 1d10+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 »
  • Thurirl notes that Drakes are very enthusiastic about eating…
    The other skeleton goes down as well (unrollable damage save there)
  • Seiankornai sees no more tasties that are also enemies, so collapses in a heap, rage out
  • Malaina sighs as she puts her weapon up
    Seiankornai: “Whewfffsss.”

Jessaila: “Wow.”

Malaina: “If that thing was this hard, I can only imagine what else is down here we haven’t run into yet.” Seiankornai: “Where are those orcs, I’m really hungry now.” Isabis: “Wow is right. And…wasn’t Grok guarding the orcs?”
  • Thurirl goes to be with his pack, feeling a bit sorry he neglected them…
    Malaina: “I think Jamshid ran off to check on them.”
Isabis: ((and on that note…))

Game Saved
Log Saved
Isabis: tune in next week, to decide if you are responsible to rescue your prisoners from the Foreigners

Grok: night all

Malaina: night

Malaina is disconnected.
Isabis: goodnight

Grok is disconnected.
Thurirl is disconnected.

Log 86

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 85

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User