Log 89

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 88

Jessaila has connected.
Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Dragonhawk: Hello

Jessaila: Evening

Seiankornai: greetings

Grok has connected.
Seiankornai: hi

Grok: greetings

Seiankornai: how goes it for the ogre?

Grok: A rock is trying to eat me.

Seiankornai: O_o

Seiankornai: (also, whoops, signed in as a GM, brb)

Seiankornai is disconnected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Grok: ((eh, I like doing that. No secrets…))

Dragonhawk: Yes, yes, Grok has a roper problem. How are YOU doing today?

Seiankornai: ((that’s better))

Grok: Doing ok. had a summer job interview with Kohl’s today, went well I think.

Dragonhawk: that’s good.

Malaina has connected.
Dragonhawk: welcome

Seiankornai: greetings

Malaina: sorry about that, wanted to clean up the kitchen and it took longer then i thought

Dragonhawk: np

Dragonhawk: you’re not last on anyway

Malaina: oh yea, i have been thinking of expanding Mala’s weapon arsenal and getting a mallet, possibly a drawven mallet with a couple of qualities/upgrades

Dragonhawk: you will have a fine opportunity for that if/when you return to the main island to turn in the items with Durgeddin’s forgemark for the promised reward.

Malaina: cool, then i can start getting the hammer feats and work my way to supremacy and the Splatter trick

Seiankornai: hehe

Grok: btw, how many more levels do you think we will get this campaign?

Dragonhawk: overall? Depends on if we keep going all the way to the crone’s assault on the moonpool I guess

Dragonhawk: modules are taking longer in real time than I had originally expected – never underestimate online players’ ability to slow down – but as long as people are still interested I’ll keep going.

Malaina: i’d like to see it thru to the end

Jessaila: yup

Grok: assuming we do go to moonpools, how many more levels?

Seiankornai: hopefully no fewer than it takes to get us to level 14

  • Jessaila does kinda wish we leveled up faster, but c’est la vie.
    Dragonhawk: Certainly not less than that, probably more like 18, but I haven’t detailed it out that far so I’m really not certain.

Malaina: I have a question, if we get to the moonpools when the crone attacks, would the other sunchaser group be fighting with us?

Seiankornai: dunno

Dragonhawk: might be each group would take part of a coordinated action, ie, one group tries to close the moonpool while the other tries to hold off the army at the pass or something.

Thurirl has connected.
Seiankornai: greetings

Dragonhawk: I might consider adding “fast levels” to the campaign; it’s supposed to be a permanent attribute set at the beginning but…

  • Jessaila nods.
    Jessaila: I suppose I do feel, at least a bit, that we’ve been stuck at level eight for a pretty long time.

Seiankornai: yeah

Malaina: Yea, that is true

Seiankornai: can we level up after these guys? pleeeeeeease?

Seiankornai: wyrmling eyes

Malaina: i think we have only leveled up 3 times since we started a year ago

Grok: When I gmed, i messed with the exp just so we would level. wasn’t much, but a little

Dragonhawk: well it feels like we’ve been in this particular quest forever and ever. And you level at the end of the dungeon crawl.

Seiankornai: well, let’s hurry on then, I beleive all but Jamshid are here

Dragonhawk: ah, true

A “rock” is attempting to eat Grok. It is the roper’s turn.

  • Roper bites Grok, hitting « 1d20+17 = 18 + 17 = 35 » for possible damage « 2d10+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 »
  • Roper bites Grok, hitting « 1d20+17 = 18 + 17 = 35 » for possible damage « 2d10+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 »
    Seiankornai: ((ouches))
  • Roper 3 tries to grab Vari2, hitting « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
    Roper: “Glowing food…do you taste magical?”
  • Roper drags Vari into the water!
  • Roper drags him up onto the ledge next to it.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Roper: ((BRB, must get PIZZA!))

Grok: tastes better than Grok

Thurirl: ((Pizza?! D= Jealous!))

Seiankornai: ((I believe you pulled out your bow last time))

Jessaila: ((I have eight of those in my freezer.))

Seiankornai: ((bah, frozne pizzza; this is fresh take and bake!))

Jessaila: ((I also have ingredients for one of those in my fridge.))

Roper: ((back. Take your time though still have to eat ))

  • Thurirl takes up his Deadshot stance in order to make his aim a little better.
    Player “mark” is not connected.
    You whisper to Seiankornai: mark yourself a calender item for this weekend to remind me to finish the mobs for this dungeon will you?
    You whisper to Seiankornai: I want to customize a little more on the remaining levels
    Seiankornai whispers: ok
    Roper: ((Second action, Thurirl?))

Roper: ((also, Malain and the Varis are next))

  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » damage, AP 4.
    Roper: miss

Seiankornai: ((of coruse you’d get a 2 9.9))

Thurirl: ((darn it… even with a +2 bonus, I can’t hit anything))

Hitting a roper is easy. Hitting them somewhere that does damage amidst that stony skin is hard
Roper: ((I symphathize, Isabis is even worse.))

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » Chakram; Keen 4, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes)

Roper: hit

Malaina: « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » Chakram Damage

Roper: ((which one, the one dragging Vari-2?))

Malaina: ((I can’t see the name because of the black))

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Malaina chips a weak spot in Roper3’s carapace
Vari 1: ((Can I assume there is room enough to fly?))

Roper: ((oh, and Vari2 make an athletics check to escape, but no, not really enough room to fly properly in this tunnel.))

Vari 2: « 1d20+2+2 = 5 + 2 + 2 = 9 » Athletics
  • Roper tries to hold on to a struggling captive « 1d20+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 »
    Vari 2: ((Ugh, can I at least fight back?))

Roper: ((sure, that’s what Grok’s doing – Grok hasn’t even tried to escape! ))

Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe)

Roper: ((only have time for one after the escape attempt, but fortunately the first one hits))

Vari 2: « 1d8+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » Claw Damage
  • Roper 3 is showing signs of tiring out, but not so much as to drop the glowing Vari
    Malaina: ((Having Mala Fend so she can get out Vari 1’s way))

Roper: ((OK))

Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Roper 3 Vari 1: ((Ugh, I’m done))

Vari 1 splashes fire off the far wall, missing the narrow gap between the wall and his “twin”

  • Isabis ducks
    Isabis: “That was flashy….”

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok continues to pound the roper
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 17 + 13 = 30 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage

Grok: Frustrated, he shoots the darn thing in the mouth with a Cannon!

Grok: Grok shoots the foe! « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » for « 5d6+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » damage

Grok: ((Done))

Seiankornai: ((that’s Grok for you))

The cannonball bounces of the roper’s cheek, but does startle the thing considerably

  • Roper pauses, stunned by the rapport and the hit
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((moment))
  • Jessaila casts Magic Weapon I on her bow and shoots at the closest Roper.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 »
    Jessaila: ((Oh, for…))

Seiankornai: ((that should be just enough))

  • Jessaila shoots her bow. « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » to hit for « 1d6 = 5 » damage.
    Roper: miss

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Jessaila: ((Including +1 from the spell?))

  • Seiankornai maneuvers his head around Grok to breath fire on the roper
    Seiankornai: ((they have defense 22 I think))

Jessaila: ((Ok))

Seiankornai: Fire breath hits « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » for « 2d6+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » fire damage

  • Roper shifts away from the fire? « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 »
    Seiankornai: ((bah, half damage))
  • Roper is lightly broiled, rather than speared by the flames
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis climbs on Vari 1’s back and shoots at the roper holding Vari 2
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »
  • Isabis actually does damage! « 1d6 = 2 »
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 »
    Isabis: miss

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((AD it!))

Roper: ((ok)) Isabis action die: « 1d6 = 1 » and damage « 1d6 = 1 »

Roper: ((LOL that’s horrible))

Grok: ((um, if Isabis can’t hit on a 15, she might need some work))

Seiankornai: ((it’s officialy, the dice hate us))

  • Roper 3 hisses at the sting of the arrows.
    Roper: ((and said work happens at level-up…))

Roper: “Magical food, I hope you are worth this…”

  • Roper bites its victim for « 1d20+17 = 6 + 17 = 23 » for possible damage « 2d10+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 »
    Roper: “BLEAH! It tastes of the Moon! Eyuch!”
  • Roper bites its victim for « 1d20+17-2 = 15 + 17 – 2 = 30 » for possible damage « 2d10+4-2 = 14 + 4 – 2 = 16 »
    Roper: “Yech, yech, yech…”
  • Roper 1 bites its victim for « 1d20+17 = 4 + 17 = 21 » for possible damage « 2d10+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 »
  • Roper 1 bites its victim for « 1d20+17 = 12 + 17 = 29 » for possible damage « 2d10+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 »
    Grok: miss and a lighter hit

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Roper 3 swallows a shred of glowing skin in spite of its complaints
    Malaina: ((Thats only 13 points of damage))

Roper: ((noted))

Seiankornai: ((guess it got some loose scales))

Thurirl: ((continuing to work in tandem with Seian to free our ogre artillery…))
  • Thurirl summons arcane energy into his natural senses, enhancing his ability to perceive enemy defenses. (6 magic bonus; error range decreased by 2)
    Spellcasting « 1d20
    14 = 4 + 14 = 18 »
    Thurirl: ((Oh c’mon!))

Roper: ((what level is the spell?))

Seiankornai: ((true strike is level 1, so that worked))

Roper: ((at least wait until you actually fail to panic! ))

Roper: (roll your attack))

  • Thurirl is pleased to find it’s a lot easier to spot weak points now…
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » damage, AP 4.
    Thurirl: ((Still in Deadshot, and now with a +6 to hit, I believe…))

Seiankornai: ((so definitely hit))

Thurirl: ((Woohoo!))

Thurirl hits a weak point he couldn’t find before!

  • Thurirl smiles in satisfaction. Precision, it is a beautiful thing.
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Both ropers are obviously starting to feel the pain of trying to bite off more than they can chew
    Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Roper 3
Vari 1: ((Activating that crit))

Roper: roll damage

Seiankornai: ((WOOT!))

Vari 1: « 2d6 = 10 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage Vari 1: ((Doing 1 more attack)) Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire Vari 1: « 2d6 = 3 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

Roper: ((unnecessary))

Malaina: ((Oh, then ignore that))

  • Roper 3 dies on a spear of flame, searing in through the chip in its armor Mala’s chakram made moments ago
    Roper 3 dies on a spear of flame, searing in through the chip in its armor Mala’s chakram made moments ago
    Vari 2 splashes into the stream (make an athletics check to swim instead of the second attack please))
    Seiankornai: “YAY VARI!”

Malaina: « 1d20+2+2 = 8 + 2 + 2 = 12 » Athletics

Seiankornai: ((that was Vari 1 that shot flames, not 2))

Roper 1 hisses and howls in incoherent fury
Jessaila: ((brb))

Roper: ((oh, in that case Vari 2 can try to get out again and Vari1 has another action.))

Malaina: ((Could Vari one go and try to help him out of the water?))

Roper: ((oh, yeah, he could 5’ step and haul his twin up))

  • Vari 1 quickly shuffles over to haul his glowy twin out of the water
  • Vari 1 growls at him to not scare him like that again
  • Vari 1 baps his head for good measure
  • Isabis falls off the back of her distracted “platform”
    Isabis: “oof.”
  • Malaina goes to help Isabis up
    Malaina: ((Ok, I am done with my turn))

Grok has received initiative.
Jessaila: ((Back.))

Grok: energized by the slaying of the other, Grok hits things

Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage

Grok: or tries too…

Grok: ((done))

Grok smashes the back wall with brute strength!
Jessaila has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((I’m sure he hit things, just the roper wasn’t one of them ))

  • Jessaila shoots twice with her bow (still +1 to hit).
  • Jessaila shoots her bow. « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » to hit for « 1d6 = 1 » damage.
  • Jessaila shoots her bow. « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » to hit for « 1d6 = 3 » damage.
    Grok: activate crit!
Jessaila: ((I’ll activate the crit.))

Roper takes an arrow right through the armor, but merely continues hissing and biting as before (toughness used)
Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai stretches his neck over the water and bites at the roper, then claws it
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 19 + 12 = 31 » for « 1d10+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » damage
    Claw hits « 10+12 = 10 + 12 = 22 » for « 1d8+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » damage, using Practiced Blow trick
    Seiankornai: ((activating the crit!))

Seiankornai: ((is it dead yet?))

Seiankornai: « 1d6 = 1 » boost to crit damage

Seiankornai: ((if needed))

Dragonhawk: ((ah, yeah, that crit officially kills it. And a half ))

Seiankornai: ((yay!!))

Grok: ding dong the rock is dead!

Grok falls into the cold water again

  • Seiankornai rips off the top half of the stone looking fleshy thing
  • Grok pulls off nasty tentecales
  • Seiankornai catches Grok, since there was no need for the claw attack
  • Malaina checks up on her Vari’s to make sure they are alright
  • Isabis collects samples of the rocky outer carapace
  • Vari 2 has a minor scratch and some scales missing, but he is fine overall
    Jessaila: “Anyone need healing?”

Jessaila: “Grok, do you need healing?”

  • Grok is a little beat up
    Seiankornai: “Oh hey, there’s a door!”
  • Vari 2 is first in line
  • Dragonhawk gets non-glowing Vari to help her
    Grok: W “Got scratch here. And here. And here. Here too.”

Dragonhawk: (Isaibs even))

  • Vari 1 will gladly help…if it means he gets the glow
  • Thurirl puts his bow away, feeling satisfied. He didn’t kill anything, but he’s pretty sure the ropers didn’t notice him much…
  • Malaina glad her Vari’s are alright for the most part, turns to look at this door
  • Jessaila casts Cure Wounds I on Grok
    IsabisE: ((except when they got his arrows stuck in them, no, they didn’t actually see him))

Malaina: ((Hey, Vari 2 was first! x3))

It’s a pretty solid door, with a small barred window in the top. It almost looks like a jailhouse door.
Like most doors here, it’s shortish and wideish
Grok: ((you got about 64 vitality to heal, btw.))

  • Vari 2 has been raised a gentledrake and lets Grok go first
    Jessaila: ((I can’t really do all of that – I can only cast two or three more spells before I’m out of SP.))

Seiankornai: ((anyone have Tough of Light?))

  • Thurirl slides up beside Malaina. “The dwarves seem to have a love for doors. Their craftmanship does alleviate the constant monotany of the trip.”
    Jessaila: ((I do, actually.))
Thurirl: ((I believe I do.))

Seiankornai: ((that only heals vitality, but it costs 0 SP))

Jessaila: ((No, wait – I don’t have that.))

Grok: ((I’m hoping no more fights for a bit, so maybe the GM will be nice and restore vitality when we level, hint hint.))

IsabisE: ((Thurirl and I both have touch of light; it’ll take a long time to heal that much damage though))

Seiankornai: ((a minute per 10 Vit))

Vari 2: ((So you guys could take a few minutes to heal up))

Seiankornai: ((so we’ll be here 6ish minutes healing, if one works on Grok and the other on the rest))

Seiankornai: (((poke the ogre “Heal” poke the ogre “Heal” poke the ogre “Heal” poke the ogre “Heal” … ))

IsabisE: ((and you level when you EXIT the dungeon crawl! ))

Grok: so we are going up a level?

  • IsabisE eventually notices that we’re healing the slower way, and comes over to do Vari1 and the others while Thurirl does Grok
  • Seiankornai knocks on the door
    Malaina: “This looks like a jail cell. I’m almost afraid of what could be in there.”

The knock echoes a little, but there is no other response

  • Jessaila comes over to have a look.
    Grok: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0012.html

IsabisE: ((You will go up a level at the time when you exit the final level ))

Malaina: “Think we should open it up? We are looking for a key and ‘leave no stone unturned’ is what they say.”

IsabisE: “Is it unlocked?”

  • Grok is being constantly poked and proded
    Seiankornai: “That’s my thinking, Mala.”
  • Jessaila tries the door handle.
    The door is in fact unlocked, though the hinges are rusty.
    Seiankornai: ((push or oull?))
  • Jessaila puts her back into it.
    Seiankornai: *pull
  • Malaina peeks in warily
    Sure enough, it is a jailhouse. Inside are three cells
  • Jessaila inspects each of them.
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 » (Search)
    The first two stand open, obviously empty. The last is closed. A traditional large key ring hangs on the wall above an overturned table.
  • Jessaila takes the key and has a look at it.
    Offhand, you imagine it goes to the jail cells. There are three keys, anyway, and three doors.
    Grok: W “Might big creature have eaten treasure?”

Seiankornai: W “Dunno, maybe? Are you going to search its stomach?”

Thurirl: “I am unfamiliar with the anatomy of… ah, forgive me. I should use Woanish.”

IsabisE: hehe

Thurirl: W “You search belly, you find many things. Maybe treasure. Maybe yuck. Up to you.”

Grok: W “Not able to cut open.”

  • Thurirl still feels a bit weird and unclean after speaking that tongue… such strange grammar! And what’s with all the throat growling?
  • Grok pulls out his saw and gets to work where he thinks the belly might be.
    Seiankornai: W “What? You don’t have a knife for hunting? Well, some of the orcs up above had swords.”

Grok: W "Grok hunt with javelins

  • IsabisE gets Seian to translate, then suggests “Maybe the last of the acid from that firetrap would do to open them.”
    Malaina: “I hope nothing is alive in there that wants to eat us, I want to go at least an hour before something wants to have us for dinner again.”
  • Jessaila opens the last cell.
    Inside the cell is a dwarven corpse. It wears badly rusted armor.
    Jessaila: “I don’t think he wants to eat us.”

It looks like the invaders tossed someone into his own jail and forgot him.
Thurirl: ((please don’t be undead, please don’t be undead, please don’t be undead…))

  • Grok looks to make a hole in stomach and let gravity bring out contents.
    Malaina: “Even the dead can trick you.”

Seiankornai: “Maybe a few hundred years ago he might have been desperate enough…”

  • Jessaila searches his pockets, first.
    Thurirl: ((brb; popcorn))

Seiankornai: ((yum))

Jessaila finds a silk purse containing…ooh. 10 actual gold coins, and a much fancier key!
Jessaila: “Got the key!”

Jessaila: “And some gold coins.”

IsabisE: “Wow, he was a rich guy. Even my cousins don’t just carry around gold like that.”

Seiankornai: “Gold???”

Malaina: “Maybe he was thrown in for stealing?”

IsabisE: “Maybe he was the son of the citylord?”

IsabisE: “Or trying to hide his tresure from the invaders and got caught…”

Seiankornai: “Why was he in prison with it though? Fled orcs and locked himself in?”

  • IsabisE rubs at the armor
    Malaina: “Unless we find some kind of book or scroll with recounts of what happened, I don’t think we will know.”

Jessaila: “I think some need to go to Vari and Vari for their part in the fight, at least.”

IsabisE: “…gold?!?”

  • Jessaila looks at Isabis with a huh? facial expression.
    IsabisE: “You can’t give gold coins to, to chidren! What are they going to do with them, anyway?”
Thurirl: “Buy very expensive toys that drive their parents into insanity?”

IsabisE: ((remember, local economy is silver based. In D&D these would be PP))

Jessaila: “Maybe we can put them on chains around their neck?”

  • Thurirl mutters something about “spoiled dwarven children” under his breath…
    IsabisE: ((you want to give the NPCs 100sp each to wear ))
Vari 1: “Hey, we’re not kids!” Vari 1: “We’re 13 years old!”

IsabisE: “I rest my case.”

Jessaila: ((Shrugs))

  • Vari 1 doesn’t get it
    Malaina: “Jess, let me hold onto it for them, I can buy them a couple of cows with it, that should make them happy.”

IsabisE: “Here’s a better idea…let’s give Malaiana /one/ piece, and she can buy them both fancy jewelry to wear instead.”:

  • IsabisE mutters “…and have change left over to buy cookies with.”
  • Malaina winces when she hears both drakes exclaim “COW?! WHERE?!”
    Jessaila: “Okay, whatever way we decide to divvy them up.”
  • Malaina mumbles “Should haven’t said that word…”
    Seiankornai: “Cow is for after finding the scroll!”
Malaina: “Besides, I don’t think anyone has discovered a cave cow before.”

IsabisE: “Well, that key looks promising. It goes somewhere less utilitarian than these cells, anyhow. Do you want to rest here, though? Where we’ve got a solid door that works between us and more cave monstrosities?”

Jessaila: “I wouldn’t mind a rest.”

Malaina: “That is an excellent idea. We can have watchs just in case something comes by that isn’t very friendly.”

Seiankornai: “Drake legends speak of cave cows, but they are vicious, wicked creatures.”

Malaina: ((Are there sea cows in this world?))

Grok, meanwhile, mangles a roper corpse enough to discover that its gizzard is full of…fish and gemstones. Disgusting yet valuable.
Seiankornai: “A rest sounds good.”

IsabisE: ((there are sea cows, but not in Moru’s Mirror))

Grok: W “Pretty rocks.”

Malaina: ((Awww, Vari would be so fascinated….and probalby upset because they are underwater)) Malaina: ((And confused they don’t look like cows)) Thurirl: “I should like a solid door this time when sleeping. Although we were unmolested upon that ledge earlier, it is quite a ways from here, and there is no door to place between us and potential dangers.”

IsabisE: ((more drake legends I guess ))

  • Grok cleans off gems and gets to work on other roper
    Thurirl: “…if any of you are interested, I believe the ogre has found something valuable.”
Malaina: “Valuable?”

Seiankornai: “Noted. I’ll sit out here and be the dragon on guard… restful guard at least.”

  • IsabisE comes out to see what’s valuable, then lends her hand-claws to the effort of extracting the other gizzard
  • Malaina tries to stop the feeling of retching at the sight
    Grok: W “Shiny.” Grok points to gems.
Thurirl: “It would appear that our foes natural digestion results in some rather beautiful side effects. One could make a small fortune hunting these terrible things.” Thurirl: “…although, indeed, the smell is less than something to be desired.”

IsabisE: (( roper gizzards contain: « 2d20 = 24 » and « 2d20 = 22 »))

Malaina: “I guess that is why they are so hard to find…and so hard to kill…”

IsabisE: (( malachite and jet worth « 1d20 = 8 » x 100 for the first one ))

IsabisE: (( roper gizzards contain: « 2d20 = 14 » and « 2d20 = 23 »))

IsabisE: (( dieamond and lapis lazuli worth « 1d20 = 5 » x 100sp for the second one ))

Thurirl: W “Keep those stones. Dwarves will pay much for even small ones.”

IsabisE: “I don’t know about natural digestion…they might have just eaten a dwarf or three and the jewelry didn’t break down all the way.”

  • IsabisE frowns at the cut gems
    Grok: W “Grok might lose. Too small.”

IsabisE: “I’ll put them in my sample pockets then, nothing will get lost in there.”

  • Thurirl translates for Isabis.
    Malaina: “Unless we run into more dire kittens who are too curious for their own good.”

IsabisE: “Hey, I kept Antimony or whatever her name was out.”

IsabisE: “She just… HEY!”

  • IsabisE leaps across the stream to pull the kitten out of her bag once again
    Seiankornai: ((have the kittens found us again? ))

Jessaila: “Got into your pack and adopted you?”

IsabisE: “Apparently.”

  • DireKitten munches jerky from the pack
    DireKitten: “LIttle thief.”
Isabis: “LIttle thief.” Thurirl: “…I must admit, I am still getting used to this new language. Common is difficult enough, especially since it is a pidgin language, and has the odd habit of following other languages down dark alleys, bashing them over the head, and then checking their pockets for loose vocabulary. A very odd language indeed.” Malaina: "Ugh, we need to return her!’ Isabis: “…maybe I’ll give you to my stuck-up cousin. I bet you’d do her good!” Thurirl: ((…typing up these small monologues would be much more interesting if you’d all stop talking and wait for my awesome posts. =P Well, sorta awesome.))

DireKitten: “mrow?”

IsabisE: “Well, you can’t blame Melios for it’s oddities; before the Crone it was probably 4 or 5 different languages.”

IsabisE: “At least we aren’t stuck on trying to preserve the vowel accents from some lost root language like the dwarves are!”

Thurirl: “Dwarves are very concerned with preserving tradition.” Thurirl: “…more so than their own lives, at times.”
  • Vari 2 curls his tail away from the kitten
    Thurirl: “Still, their architecture is to be admired, both for its beauty and its endurance. In its prime, I’ve no doubt this fortress was one of the crown jewels of their economic and military empire in these lands.”
  • Vari 1 does the same with his
    You close yourselves in for 8 hours, and the spellcasters in paricular rest. You all recover vitality, spell points (and action dice).
    Jessaila: "Maybe it can be restored someday.))

Grok is disconnected.
The dire-cat family finds a way in somehow, but no worse monsters than they. Isabis and Jessaila ruin your chances of escape by feeding them jerky.

  • Malaina gives Isabis and Jess disapproving looks and a scolding for feeding wild animals
  • Jessaila didn’t feed them jerky! They stole it from her hands!
    Malaina: ((Funny, the youngest is scolding the oldest))

IsabisE: ((LOL))

  • IsabisE didn’t feed them jerky, they stole it from her bag!
    And yet, the little furry cavedwellers still follow you as you depart…
    Malaina: “Great, it’s like Thurirl and sudden attractiveness to anything canine.”
  • DireCat meaows at the wolves
  • KittenAntimony sleeps on Isabis’ head and wakes up glowing
    Malaina: ((Can Vari 1 have curled up around Isabis?))

KittenAntimony: ((sure))

Jessaila: “Aw, cuteyglowykitty!”

Malaina: ((Ha ha, now no one can tell them apart!))

Seiankornai: ((glowy drakes!))

Thurirl: “I trust there will be no altercations between my pack and your kittens?”

Seiankornai: “Since one of the wolves is licking a kitten, I don’t think so.”

  • Malaina rubs at her temples cause now both drakes are glowing
  • Thurirl makes sure the pack understands that, no, dire kittens are not playthings, nor food. And if they bother them, they deserve the swipes to the nose.
    Thurirl: ((snrk Okay… that’s a hilarious picture on the tokens right there… XD))
KittenAntimony: (( ))

Seiankornai: ((looks like we’re heading back up, this section completely explored))

Malaina: ((Hehehehe)

Having exhausted the “entertainment” to be had on this level, you make your way back up to the cavern with the ledge.

  • Jessaila still has the key, and goes to investigate the door.
  • Jessaila tries the key in the door.
    Sure enough, the key fits the keyhole in the door, and even turns without trouble, leading to a steep flight of stairs climbing 30’ to a high chamber
    Seiankornai: “Ooooooh.”

Malaina: “Yyyyeeeaaaa, this doesn’t look ominious…”

Grok has connected.
Grok: internet hiccup. It likes burping

The room is about 30’ across, with a floor cairfully inlaid with blue tiles (now sadly cracked and discolored). Two irenbound oak doors dominate the NE and NW walls, flanked by three cast bronze statues.
The statues are nearly 10’ high, larger-than-life representations of dwarven warriors armed for battle with great axes.
Seiankornai: ((wb, we’ve used the key just now))

  • Seiankornai looks down on the statues
  • Jessaila investigates the room.
    KittenAntimony: The domed ceiling is about 30’ high at the peak. Somewhere in the distance, you can hear the faint ringing of hammer on anvil.

The domed ceiling is about 30’ high at the peak. Somewhere in the distance, you can hear the faint ringing of hammer on anvil.
Malaina: “Is….someone here?”

  • Grok looks for way to get to hammer noise
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
    Grok: Can we level?

Jessaila: what.

Malaina: XD

Jessaila: We end naaaoow?

Log 90

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 89

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User