Log 9

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 8

You know approximately how many arrows were coming in a volley, and one bowman is unaccounted for. Two swordsmen have been seen and disappeared into the shadows. One more swordsman is flanking Seiankornai for his captain who is in turn massively flanked himself.

  • Jessaila shall help the drake!
    Jamshid was last chasing one of the into-the-shadows enemies
    Malaina: ((Bandit is coming, he just sent me a text!))
    Dragonhawk: ((that’s why you’re way out there on the edge, you see.))
    Grok: ((Can I smack up bandit leader yet?))
    Malaina: ((No))
    Dragonhawk: ((Did he give you an ETA?))
    Malaina: ((He was doing homework, no smacking him for doing his homework))
    Malaina: ((He is heading on right now))
    Seiankornai whispers: Grok 24.07
    Malaina 12.08
    Leader 10.04
    Archers 14.04
    Seian 19.05
    Isabis 24.05
    Jess 19.13
    Grok: ((why bandit leader doing homework? He has school?))
    Malaina: ((Yes, he is in college))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((law school presumably))
    Grok: ((tell me someone else is understanding me))
    Seiankornai whispers: Thur 14.06
    Jamshid 20.05
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur understands Grok
    Malaina: ((No))
    Jessaila: ((Bandit is his screen-name – not the Bandit Leader in-character))
    Grok: ((Grok adjacent to Bandit LEADER, who just stabbed him with sword. Grok Smash!))
    Dragonhawk: ((I totally get it, I’m just distracted))
    Thurirl has connected.
    Seiankornai: (greetings )
    Jessaila: ((Bandit = Thurirl’s player.))
    Jessaila: ((Hey Bandit.))
    Thurirl: ((yep))
  • Grok smashes the Bandit leader twice! ((will wait to see results before deciding if I am done))
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » for « 1d4+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 » for « 1d4+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Malaina: ((Grok Smash!))
    Thurirl: ((what Bandit leader?))
    Malaina: ((There is an enemy called Bandit Leader, we are trying to kill him))
    Grok: ((#$%%!@##*^&%))
    Seiankornai: ((we’re on CampMap))
    Dragonhawk: OK, everyone should see the battlefield now
    Malaina: ((CCAAAAMMMMPPPMMMMAAAAPPPPP))
    It’s still dark. It’s still the middle of the night. And you are still fighting.
    Dragonhawk: Grok smash!
    Malaina: ((Put your shadowy walking abilities to good use!))
    Grok: ((Thurirl, you currently have been using your bow, so that is equipped))
    Dragonhawk: ((seriously, Grok can go now))
    Grok: ((already rolled above))
    Dragonhawk: ((Oh, right, sorry))
    Dragonhawk: both hits
    Grok: ((He still up?))
    The Crazy bandit with the curved sword is still up, although he’s stopped thinking he’s immortal.
    Grok has received initiative.
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Grok drops the torch, and uses surge of speed to adopt his open stance, done
  • Dragonhawk casts glow on her bow
  • Isabis casts glow on her bow
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: you think there’s an enemy running away from you approximately to the north, but you have no light source as yet.
    You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: There is a glow-arrow stuck in a corpes to your SE
    Seiankornai: ((Jamshid was chasing a bandit into the darkness))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur moves to the corpse and grabs a glowing arrow to use for light
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: ((Light source added, Jamshid))
  • Jessaila goes to help the beleagured drake.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » tohit, « 1d10 = 7 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((Um. Moment!))
    Jessaila: ((Touche!, please.))
    Dragonhawk: *Bandit 81 saves for …nevermind
    The leader of the bandits suddenly feels very alone
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai strikes out against the bandit leader, with a carefully placed bite
    Practiced Blow hits « 10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » for « 1d10+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((actually, wait))
    Seiankornai: ((I don’t need that, rather I need a chance for a threat))
    Seiankornai: ((so I take back the practiced blow, and instead roll « 1d20+8 = 11 + 8 = 19 » ))
    Dragonhawk: still hits. roll damage
    Seiankornai: ((10 damage))
    Dragonhawk: ((Oh, OK.))
    Dragonhawk: The enemy looks desperate, but not dead.
  • Seiankornai strikes again
    Bite hits « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » for « 1d10+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 »
    Seiankornai: ((threat! , 1 AD to apply to wounds please))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK. Please use the AD pool from the beginning of the fight, we’ll refresh afterward.))
    Malaina: ((I still have like 3))
    The bandit leader takes his first serious wound – considering how exhausted he looks, it will quite obviously be the first of many.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((done))
    Thurirl: ((hang on… gotta figure out what to do…))
    Dragonhawk: ((NP))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK, Thurirl can see the two to the north. But nobody else can, I don’t think.))
  • Thurirl sees the bandits, despite the bright light. He endevors to educate them on the finer points of subtlety.
    Dragonhawk: ((When you select your token, it’ll show you what your character can actually see.))
    Seiankornai: ((you mean the dim light?))
    Thurirl: ((whatever; even dim light can wreck your night vision =P I’m just assuming it doesn’t wreck his))
    Seiankornai: ((hehe))
  • Thurirl pursues the Bandits to make sure they don’t slip away or try to attack his companions.
    Tak has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((hello observer ))
    Dragonhawk: ((welcome observer))
    Thurirl: ((okay, I moved at twice my usual speed… I’m assuming that’s all I can do?))
    Seiankornai: ((yep))
  • Thurirl is not quite quick enough to make it before they attack.
    Seiankornai: ((well, you could run and move up to 3 times your speed, but then you’d be flatfooted, and that’s probably not a good idea))
    Dragonhawk: *The Archer shoots at Thurirl, hitting « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » for possible damgae « 1d6 = 3 » lethal
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: *The archer runs away like a coward
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach 1,Trip, Bleed @Bandit Leader
    Dragonhawk: hit
    Malaina: « 1d10
    2 = 8 + 2 = 10 » Halberd Damage
    The Bandit leader looks totally exhaused. “Fatigued” even.
    Dragonhawk: *He tries to tumble away from the flanking party « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » vs 20
  • Thurirl regrets the loss of a student.
    Seiankornai: Raor “Get back here and face your doom!”
    The Bandit leader runs…er, staggers…away from the flanking party.
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok grabs up the torch and pursues
  • Grok throws a Javelin at the leader
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » damage
    Grok: ((done))
    Jessaila: ((I think the horses need a terror save.))
    Dragonhawk: *The DM uses 2 action dice.
    Jessaila: ((Perhaps of the “Oh God I’m a horse and that’s an ogre coming my way” variety? ))
    Grok: ((eh, horse meat isn’t that great))
    Thurirl: ((hey, since when did the other Bandit move? =\ lousy buggers won’t stand still))
    Seiankornai: ((I think that’s something most every teacher has to deal with))
    Thurirl: ((no kidding))
    Dragonhawk: ((one moment. I wasn’t expecting to need stats for the horses ))
    Dragonhawk: *Horse is more terrified of ogres than bandits? « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 »
    Grok accidentally hits the rearing horse with his javelin, doing « 1d10 = 10 » non-lethal with the side of the shaft, dropping the javelin, and turning the horse hostile.
    Dragonhawk: *Horse3 is more terrified of ogres than bandits? « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 »
  • Horse3 kicks for « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » damage
    The good news is, the bandit leader only has one choice of horses left, and it’s the pack horse, and it’s rearing. The bad news is, the other two horses and whatever is on them are getting away.
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Horse3 makes an athletics check to catch a horse by it’s bridle, opposed to the horse’s athletics
    Horse3: *Isabis makes a check to catch the horse
    Dragonhawk: Isabis: « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » vs horse2 « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 »
    Isabis has the head of one panicked horse
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur sticks the glowing arrow into his shield and heads out into the darkness, looking for enemies
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur spots two, and hurls his javelin at the archer
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Attack 11 for 8 damage
    Dragonhawk: miss
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: the archer takes 1 stress damage for miss from orcish weapon
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
    Dragonhawk: *archer saves for « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » vs 13
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila now turns to pursue the retreating bandit leader.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » tohit, « 1d10 = 6 » for damage.
    Jessaila: ((Doh!))
    Seiankornai: ((didn’t you use both actions to move?))
    Jessaila: ((I don’t know, did I?))
    Dragonhawk: ((I think so. You moved more than 30 ft and not in a straight line))
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((Well, it doesn’t matter if I hit or not then, though I didn’t know there were any restrictions like that.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I have a base move of 40))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((oh, you ment Jessalia, sorry))
  • Seiankornai flaps his wings and lands next to the Bandit leader
    Grok: ((didn’t he just leave this party?))
    Dragonhawk: ((he just wants to go home, and the party keeps following him ))
    Seiankornai: “You human have attacked me, a drake, and my companions, you are no longer under the protections from my kind imposed by the Drake King. I will consume you, unless you surrender now.”
  • Seiankornai tells Bandit Leader exactly what he’s in for:
    Threaten action with intimidate check (16) opposed by Resolve for a potential « 1d6 = 2 » stress damage.
    Dragonhawk: Bandit resolve « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 »
    Dragonhawk: *The bandit is not *particularly
    stressed by your threat, mostly because he’s too exhausted to process it properly
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: ((does anyone in this party move at 30 ft?
    Malaina: ((Mala and Vari do, well on the ground he does, he moves 40ft when flying))
    Dragonhawk: ((Isabis does too))
    Seiankornai: ((I’m 30ft on the ground, 40ft flying))
    Grok: ((So technically, the only one who can’t get up to 40 ft by flying or riding is Isabis))
    Grok: ((good to know))
    Seiankornai: ((who is now grabbing a horse, which can go 50ft))
    Dragonhawk: ((yeah, who said anything about not being able to get up to speed by riding?))
    Dragonhawk: malaina and vari, go. You get a special “AFK player” bonus to init.
    Grok: ((I may need to take charging basics to keep up speed wise))
  • Malaina moves to see if she can block the Bandit from escaping, holding her Halberd out
    Malaina: ((done, Vari is still too hurt to do anything))
    Thurirl: ((I think I may continue chasing the other Bandits))
    Seiankornai: ((wb))
    Dragonhawk: *Bandit leader tries to mount his unwilling horse, with grapple check « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » vs. horse’s resistance « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »
    Dragonhawk: ((LOL oh, man. I rule that is an enemy error. Anyone want to activate it?))
    Grok: ((go horse, go horse, can I spend an action die for it?))
    Grok: ((Gladly))
    Seiankornai: ((yay))
    The horse bucks his would-be rider off into the underbrush and tries to bolt
    Thurirl: ((uh, wait… don’t I get to go? whose turn is it anyway?))
    Seiankornai: ((yes, go, just went out of order since you were afk))
    Grok: ((you were skipped due to inaction))
    Dragonhawk: Thurirl, go
    Dragonhawk: ((I even made the enemies nearest you wait along with you ))
    Grok: ((you do have your bow out, just so you know))
    Dragonhawk: ((you were educating archers earlier ))
    Seiankornai: ((but he can also get within range to use Polar Ray I, which is more likely to hit))
  • Thurirl decides to slow his students down by giving them a chill.
  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 5 »
    Dragonhawk: (Bandi Leader is prone, by the way)
    Thurirl: ((think I got ’em))
    Seiankornai: ((yep))
    Dragonhawk: archer saves for « 1d20+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » vs 15 and swordsman saves for « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » vs 16
    Thurirl makes a double bandit-cicle
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Grok has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: Grok is up
  • Grok steps on bandit leader
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » for « 1d4+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Dragonhawk: *Grok stones the prone enemy
    Dragonhawk: (one more action)
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » for « 1d4+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
    Grok: same again
    Dragonhawk: (crit threat?)
    Grok: ((What the heck, why not))
  • Thurirl is tempted to make a pun.
    Grok: ((done))
    Dragonhawk: ((hm. It’s already going to wounds. Unless you want to increase his fatigued from 1 to II, save your die))
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Grok: ((I’ll save the die))
    Seiankornai: ((are you doing lethal or subdual damage?))
    Grok: ((lethel))
    Grok: ((*lethal))
    Seiankornai: ((ok, then the die would be of no use))
  • Isabis attempts to calm down the horse « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » vs « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 »
    The Bandit leader is smashed into pulp by Grok. He is dead.
    Survivors of this battle are 1 unconscious mage, 1 unconscious archer, 1 unconscious swordsman, 1 fled archer, and 3 very upset horses.
    Seiankornai: “..ew, (woanish) you didn’t have to smash him that much. (Vidoss) ogres, tsk.”
    Grok: ((someone grab the horses))
    Jessaila: “My commendation on your efficiency, Master Grok.”
    And, of course, all of you.
    Dragonhawk: ((init is not over unless you are letting the horses go))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((I will try to catch the nearest horse, FWIW.))
    Dragonhawk: ((The very nearest one is teh one you’re all surrounding. The next nearest one is N and moving quickly))
    Dragonhawk: Seiankornai, fort check
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 »
    Dragonhawk: Jessaila, make a dex check vs « 1d20+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 »
    Jessaila: « 1d20+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 » Dex check
    Jessaila: ((I SUCCESS ON A CHECK! I LOVES YOU DICE ROLLER BOT!!))
    Jessaila successfully runs down Horse1 when it stubmles on a tree root, breaking it’s stride.
    Dragonhawk: ((does someone want to try controlling Horse3?))
  • Seiankornai tries to wrestle horse3 into submission:
    Grapple action with Athletics check (8) opposed by Athletics, keeping in mind the size bonus.
    Grok: ((love to.))
    Grok: ((but I think I have to wait for init))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((looking for horses on the map))
    Dragonhawk: OK, we’ll drop init
  • Grok jumps on horse 3
    Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 18 + 19 = 37 »
    Dragonhawk: Grok and Jessaila, make athletics checks for me
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I only see #2 and #2, where is #1?))
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » horse vs Grok
  • Malaina rushs to go check on Vari
    Jessaila: « 1d20+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 » Athletics
    Seiankornai: ((Jamshid: to your NE))
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » horse vs Jess
    Grok: ((can I jump on her too?))
    Jessaila: ((I HATES YOU DICE ROLLER BOT.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Ride 14
    Dragonhawk: Jamshid, athletics check to catch the horse before it bolts again
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Athletics 18
    Dragonhawk: ((it’s an unwilling mount, you have to “hold” it by grappling first))
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » horse vs Jamshid
    Dragonhawk: *Horse3 runs away from the scary people!
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur uses his “Contempt” skill for a free attack, throwing bolas for a ranged trip attack (Attack 20)
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » horse vs Isabis « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 »
  • Grok gives horse reins to Seiankornai, and goes after other horse
    Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 11 + 19 = 30 »
    Dragonhawk: ((horse 1 runs away, and horse 2 follows.))
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » horse2 vs Grok
    Jessaila: ((Don’t crush the horses, we’ll want to sell them for money later! ))
    Grok: ((I thought we were going to eat them. darn))
    Dragonhawk: OK, anyone but Grok can chase Horse1
  • Malaina waits for Isabis to finish up before calling her to see if she can help Vari
  • Jessaila continues to chase that bloody horse.
    Thurirl: ((I could go after it too. Seems headed my way.))
    Dragonhawk: ((IFyou have enough move to get to it, move your token and roll athletics))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I guess that attack roll of 20 should have been an athletics roll, but coincidentally the bonus is the same))
  • Seiankornai looks at the horse, whose reigns he has helf in his mouth
    Jessaila: ((Can’t see it any more.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((did it trip when I hit it with the bolas?))
  • Seiankornai mumbles at the horse that it is lucky the others want it.
    Jessaila: ((Oh, it changed headings, then.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((if not I’m sprinting after it and throwing again))
  • Grok mutters something in Woanish about weak other races
    Dragonhawk: Oh, I missed the attack…do bolas automatically trip, or are they just a weapon you can use for a trip action?
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: they are a weapon you can used for a ranged trip action
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: *use
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: my roll was a 20
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: (result, not the die)
    Jessaila: « 1d20+1 = 20 + 1 = 21 » Athletics
  • Dragonhawk looks up horse acrobatics…
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: (this was back in the turn when I failed my first attempt to stop it)
    Jessaila: ((I love you again dicebot!))
    Grok: ((I sense a love hate relationship))
    Thurirl: ((what? the dicebot is being nice?))
    Seiankornai: ((it does so sometimes))
    Dragonhawk: horse to avoid being tripped « 1d20+1 = 9 + 1 = 10 »
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((oh wait, Acrobatics? that makes it 22))
    Thurirl: ((checks to see if the apocolypse is starting))
    Dragonhawk: *Horse 1 is lying on the ground trying to shake the bolas off it’s hooves
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur runs up to the tripped horse (2nd round) and attempts to control it ((23))
    Grok: ((seems like we are having more trouble with the horses than with the bandits))
  • Seiankornai pulls his horse back to the cave
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20+10-2 = 10 + 10 – 2 = 18 » horse vs Jess
  • Malaina sees if she can wave down Isabis
    Dragonhawk: *Jessaila subdues teh last horse
    Jessaila: “Nice horsie.”
  • Grok rummages through the saddlebags looking for food
  • Vari lifts his head up a bit, not looking too good
    Isabis: "Well, Vari, looks like you’re needing more than a touch of light.
    Isabis: “Hey, Thurirl, do you know any healing spells that will heal this up in less than an hour?”
    Isabis: ((battle over. What do the rest of you do next?))
  • Malaina speaks soothingly to Vari as she rubs at his neck
  • Isabis yawns
  • Jessaila ties the pacified horse to a something that shan’t move.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur retrieves and cleans his weapons, then begins searching the bodies of the fallen bandits
    Isabis: ((Jessaila, try a good sturdy tree))
  • Jessaila then begins accounting for fallen (and particularly surviving) bandits.
    Seiankornai: “Can thumone take thith thing from me?”
    Jessaila finds two unconscious frozen bandits, one severely wounded but stable unconscious mage.
  • Isabis ties Seainkornai’s horse to a sturdy tree branch.
    Jessaila: “Hey, the mage is still alive – unconscious, but alive.”
  • Seiankornai yawns and stretches
    Isabis: “Ooh. I wonder if he’s wanted?”
    Grok: ((when it gets light, Grok is going to attempt to backtrack to where the bandits came from))
  • Malaina gives her rope in case they need to tie anymore up
    Tak is disconnected.
  • Jessaila gags him and ties his hands behind his back – then ties his bound hands to his feet.
    Grok: ((but for now, back to sleep))
    Isabis: ((Grok, that’ll be another 5 hours or so))
    Grok: ((zzz)))
    Seiankornai: (Vidoss) “You did well for a young drake, Vari. And don’t worry, soon enough you’ll have more confidence in battle.”
    Isabis: “…is that ogre asleep again already??”
  • Vari sighs and lays his head back down, curling his neck around Mala
    Jessaila: “Sounds like.”
  • Malaina sits down and leans against Vari, smiling when he lays his wing over her
    Jessaila: “I don’t think there’s a sawmill around, so must be him.”
  • Isabis casts touch of light on Vari once ot make sure he’s stable
    Malaina: ((That would put him up to…14 vitality))
    Isabis: “Well then. Let’s search the horses while he’s not scaring them silly.”
  • Jessaila empties the mage’s pockets.
    Isabis: ((Thurirl, don’t you have a more sturdy healing spell available?))
    Seiankornai: And then what shall we do with them? And the bodies?"
  • Jessaila also removes the bandits’ footwear.
  • Isabis searches horse3 « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 »
    Jessaila: “They may not be so tender-feet as most humans, but this should be a help if any of them get loose and try to run.”
  • Isabis finds loot type A « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 »
    Isabis: ((equates to magic « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » and gear « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » ))
    Jessaila gets three pairs of worn, low-quality boots
  • Jessaila satisfies herself that all the surviving foes are searched, pockets picked clean, and well-bound before she begins search the horses and dead bandits.
    Isabis: ((gear is a broken weapon of type « 1d20 = 18 »… ))
    Isabis: ((Jessaila, search check))
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »
    Jessaila: ((Arrrgh.))
  • Thurirl returns from contemplating his ice sculpture.
    Isabis find 1 broken bow ((of the party’s choice of type)) which she can repair
    Grok: ((seems like it should be same type as the archers were using))
  • Seiankornai flys over to examine the ice. He’s never seen ice before up close
    Isabis: ((it was on the horse, it could be loot. If it was the same as them, then standard longbow))
    Isabis: Jessaila, 1 coin roll at +10
    Dragonhawk: ((Is anyone helping her loot?))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur was
  • Seiankornai brings back the frozen bandits
  • Seiankornai then gathers the dead bodies nearby
    Isabis: ((Jamdhid, roll for coin at 10. If you roll search you have a chance to earn a bonus to the loot roll))
    Jessaila: « 1d20
    10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » I’m rolling for something
  • Isabis moves on to searching another horse
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Search 15
    Malaina: ((brb))
    Jessaila finds 124 silver on the bandits she searches, plus 6 sets of partial leather armor and 5 ordinary longbows, one with a broken string
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Coin 18+bonus
  • Jessaila keeps on searching the unconcious bandits, just to make sure there’s no hidden weapons.
    Jamshid finds 277 silver, 6 daggers, 10 more partial leather armor, 10 short swords, some 12 vials, mostly empty, with an odd astringent scent
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, Thurirl? Can you freeze these bodies so they won’t go bad and stink during the night?”
    Three of the vials are still full
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Isabis, can you identify the substances contained within these three vials?”
    Isabis: ((Jessaila, roll coin again for the leader’s coin purse))
    Jessaila: “Are those vials what they were dipping their arrows in? The one that nicked me really gives me the tingles.”
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » Rolling again
  • Isabis examines the vials Jamshid presents : knowledge from craft(pharmacy) « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 »
    Isabis: ((Jessaila and Vari roll fort))
    Jessaila relieves the head bandit’s corpse of 290 silver, a fancy scimitar, and some decent leather armor
    Jessaila: « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » Fort save, I’m doomed.
    Excuse me, a fancy saber, not scimitar
    Seiankornai: ((yep))
    Jessaila suddenly feels weak in the joints! -2 to dex.
    Dragonhawk: ((Vari?))
    Malaina: ((Back!))
    Dragonhawk: ((roll Vari’s fort please))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((how fancy?))
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » Fortitude
    You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: "Superior Saber (dmg 1d10+1 lethal; threat 19–20; qualities: cavalry, finesse) "
    Isabis: “Ah…this smells like goblin-willow extract. It’s a paralyzing poison…”
    Jessaila: “Yeah. And I’m feeling it now, too.”
    Isabis: “Oh, dear.”
    Seiankornai: “That’s not good. Can you tell how strong it is?”
    Isabis: “Very. It’s so concentrated I can actually see the color.”
    Thurirl: “Hmm? My apologies. I was deep in thought. Might you repeat the question?”
    Malaina: “Will it wear off?”
    Jessaila: “No. I don’t go out of my way to poison myself often.”
    Seiankornai: “Can you freeze those bodies so they don’t go bad and stink during the night.”
    Thurirl: “I could try. I’m unsure how many times I can use the spell without exhausting myself, or the patterns required for it.”
    Isabis: “Eh…most people resist well enough to avoid becoming actually paralyzed, but it takes time to get it out of the system.”
    Thurirl: “Casting is a tricky business indeed.”
    Seiankornai: ((you cna cast taht spell as much as you want))
    Seiankornai: ((since it’s a 0th level spell, it doesn’t use any spellpoints))
    Isabis: “Well, can you try healing vari, then? He’s got arrow wounds, too, and I’m worried about how many /empty/ vials of this stuff there are.”
    Vari is stiffening up as well. -2 dex for him.
    Jessaila: “I only got nicked once, but that was enough.”
    Thurirl: “I can handle that easily. Then I shall see about preserving the bodies as best I can.”
    Jessaila: "They shot at me quite a bit, though "
    Malaina: “Is there any way to take it off him or….something, please!”
    Isabis: “Seiankornai, how are you feeling? You took more than one shot yourself…”
    Isabis: “Stay calm Malaina, it’ll be OK. If worst comes to worst, I can make an antidote. Er, probably. It’d be easier to buy it…”
  • Thurirl looks over Vari and begins to heal his wounds.
  • Malaina has to restraing herself from saying something threatening or snapping all together, but focus’ back on Vari
  • Thurirl gathers healing energy and uses it on Vari, sealing the wounds. (Effect: You heal 10 damage on a standard character, or 10 vitality or 1 wound on a special character (your choice).)
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 »
    Isabis: ((10 vitality then, Vari does not have wound damage))
    Thurirl: ((That works for me.))
    Malaina: ((so he is up to 22/26 vitality and his dex got push down to 8))
    Isabis: ((mhmm))
    Seiankornai: “I was hit by a few arrows, quite a bit annoyed at them, but am feeling fine otherwise.”
    Isabis: “Hmm. Let me have a look.”
  • Jessaila is not inhibited enough by the poison to stop clearing up the bandits’ gear.
  • Isabis examines Seiankornai, and takes a sniff near one arrow wound.
  • Thurirl double checks Vari, then nods, satisfied.
    Thurirl: “It is not perfect, but it should ease his discomfort and speed his healing.”
    Isabis: ((jessaila, roll for magic loot ))
    Isabis: ((search if you like too))
    Jessaila: ((+10 again?))
  • Malaina sighs and decides to stay up the rest of the night to keep an eye on Vari
    Isabis: ((yes, unless your search is exceptional))
    Thurirl: “I regret I can only do so much. Perhaps when I am better learned in magic I can use something more powerful.”
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » Search
    Isabis: “Perhaps the drakes could come /into/ the cave this time?”
    Jessaila: ((That’s not an exceptional search. ))
    Isabis: ((that was exceptional all right. roll at +8 please ))
  • Thurirl checks on Malaina as well before freezing the bodies as requested.
    Isabis: « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 » horse search the second
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » Rolling bah
  • Thurirl pauses. “Actually… I think I can heal him fully. Forgive me; sometimes I forget what spells I have.”
  • Thurirl attempts to heal Vari in full with a lesser spell.
  • Thurirl gives Vari a pat on the back, giving them a small dose of healing magic.
    Effect: Heals one (1) point of vitality HP on the target. (Harms undead.)
    Spellcasting Check: « 1d20+11 = 18 + 11 = 29 »
    Isabis: ((and again for specifics : 1d10 and 1d4 ))
  • Thurirl continues giving Vari magical pats until he’s healed.
    Jessaila: ((That request for roll to me, or someone else?))
    Malaina: ((Ok, 26/26 and 8 dex until whenever0)
    Isabis: ((you. You have found a scroll, roll to determine which one))
    Jessaila: « 1d10 = 7 » and « 1d4 = 4 » as requested
    Isabis: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » : “loot” loot
    Jessaila finds a scroll labeled “Tinker I”
    Jessaila: “Heh. This isn’t so bad.”
  • Thurirl proceeds to preserve the bodies as best he can.
    Isabis: ((finding art of type « 1d20 = 16 » worth « 1d20 = 8 »x25s ))
    Thurirl: ((freezing whatever I’m told… btw, how long until my living statue melts and the bandits escape?))
    Isabis: ((Thurirl, find a magic item while you work. you can roll search for a bonus or skip it and roll loot at 10 ))
    Seiankornai: ((I carried the bandits over here, so they should be bound up))
    Isabis: “Ooh, naughty naughty. Someone’s been stealing sheet music from a temple!”
    Seiankornai: ((as for when they wake up, I ma unsure; it might be a GM call))
    Isabis identifies sheet music worth 200s to the correct buyer
    Thurirl: ((I see I’m gonna have to do this manually…))
    Thurirl: Search: « 1d20
    9 = 4 + 9 = 13 »
    Isabis: ((OK, 10 for your find))
    Isabis: ((by the way…there’s still a small brush fire over there.))
    Thurirl: ((my loot roll?))
    Isabis: ((roll 1d20
    10, yes))
    Thurirl: Loot: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 »
    Thurirl finds « 1d4 = 2 » healing potions on various bandits that died too fast to use them.
  • Seiankornai rummages around for some interesting goodies as well on the last horse (Any roll « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » )
  • Thurirl considers pocketing them since he seems to be the default healer of the group. Then he decides he may as well offer them up so there’s less chance he’ll have to be the healer. Saves on magic and time.
    Seiankornai: (« 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » loot table, extra rolls « 1d20 = 10 », « 1d20 = 18 »)
  • Jessaila makes one last sweep of the general area before returning to find a place to sit down.
    Seainkornai finds “ornate gear” worth 90 silver
    Seiankornai: (kind of gear « 1d20 = 8 » )
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » for the last search sweep
    It’s a tin of fancy expensive tea, still sealed even. The label says “Morning Sunrise”
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, interesting.”
    Jessails recovers teh mage’s quarterstaff and backpack from behind a tree. The pack contains a mana potion.
  • Thurirl seems interested in the tea, until he remembers his first experience with it.
    Dragonhawk: ((BRB))
    Jessaila: “…I must really be out of it – I wondered right by this earlier.”
    Seiankornai: “It has an interesting scent.”
  • Jessaila decides not to mention that to the others, as it’s bad for the “attentive” reputation of elves.
  • Thurirl doesn’t care one wit for the reputation of elves. They miss him all the time.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((FYI I’m going to have to log out in the next 5 minutes or so))
    Seiankornai: ((ok))
    Grok: ((remember, when morning comes, Grok is going to try to backtrack and find their base or camp or whatever
    You variously sleep or don’t sleep through the night. In the morning, Grok tracks the horses back to…a large recently emptied cave. It looks like a survivor made it back to warn whoever was still here, and they scattered.
    Grok: ((no more loot? Darn))
    Jessaila: ((Should have gone off at once.))
    Grok: ((grok didn’t see survivors))
    Dragonhawk: ((True. He was far off in the darkness.))
    Thurirl: ((maybe I missed him too… I was busy teaching his friends why ice spells are cool))
    Isabis: “Well, they didn’t get our silver or the music box, and we killed a lot of their companions. Shall we make our delivery?”
    Seiankornai: “Yes.”
    Jessaila: “Yes, I think we should.”
    Isabis: ((are we hauling along the three survivors?))
    Seiankornai: ((might as well; we can RP their interogation next session))
    Isabis: ((how is everyone else for time? Want to RP interrogations, deliveries, etc. next time?))
  • Jessaila wouldn’t mind seeing if there’s a reward on for bandits.
    Jessaila: ((I’m fine for the next hour or so.))
    Malaina: ((Me too))
    Grok: ((I’m good for time so far
    Thurirl: ((I guess I am too, though I do have class at 10:30))
    You load your ungrateful captives on the horses and march for VenVellesin’s house
    Seiankornai: ((Jamshid just said he had to go about now))
    Malaina: ((How is Vari doing now?))
  • Grok is keeping careful watch over the prisoners
  • Isabis knocks on VenVellesin’s door.
  • Norn answers the door and smiles broadly at you.
    Norn: "Well, hello hello. My, you look scratched up. And here I’d heard you cleared my ancestral home of animals without so much as a bruise!
  • Malaina wonders if she has something to help cure Vari
    Seiankornai: “Heard?”
    Seiankornai: “Some bandit’s came across us in the middle of the night. It wasn’t anything at your ancestral home that did this.”
  • Thurirl doesn’t say anything about slaughtering the poor wolves.
    Norn: "Ah, that explains much. And yes, Raulf has been bending my ear for fully two hours about setting such monsters as yourselves on his “defenseless” pack."
    Jessaila: “…”
    Seiankornai: “What?”
    Seiankornai: “The wolves?”
    Norn: “Er….he /might/ have been responsible for the bandits. He said something about telling the human pack about you, and I thought he meant me. His vocabulary isn’t the best.”
    Seiankornai: “You can talk to wolves? Or can the wolves talk to you?”
    Norn: “But what can you expect from a Vargr? Especially a degenerate that hangs out with normal wolves.”
  • Jessaila says “…”
    Malaina: “Ummm…excuse me?”
    Seiankornai: “A what?”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((night all))
    Malaina: ((Night))
    Norn: “You’ve heard of the Vargr of course? Intelligent creatures, look almost exactly like ordinary wolves? Some of them speak, though not well.”
    Seiankornai: “I can’t say that I have.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
    Jessaila: “I have. Not met one… personally.”
  • Thurirl looks a bit distressed.
    Thurirl: “Are… you suggesting that we might have… avoided all that… if we’d merely engaged in diplomacy?”
  • Malaina sighs, ignoring them all and goes to check on Vari
    Norn: “Ah. Well, they’re very rare here, and Roulf has taken to playing at being pack leader by gathering up a batch of common forest wolves, trouncing them a couple times to establish dominance, and then keeping the lot of them halfway between servants and pets. He likes to live on my property because there’s an old ward that keeps out the uninvited.”
    Jessaila: “Pardon me, mistress, but I’m sure it would have been useful knowledge for us yesterday.”
    Norn: “Our agreement is he and his pack are ‘invited’ so long as they understand that adventurers WILL be along every so often. I have to keep the music box moving, you see. Ordinarily he keeps the group from running straight onto the sunchasers’ swords quite so rapidly, and they all run away.”
    Seiankornai: “What? So this was all a game?”
  • Jessaila digests “I have to keep the music box moving.”
    Norn: "A game? But no, not in the least. It was all a /test/. Er. Except for the bit about Roulf setting the bandits on you. How did it go between the wolf pack and the “man pack,” by the way?"
    Norn: “You do HAVE the music box, correct?”
    Seiankornai: “Yes, and we slaughtered most of the wolves.”
    Jessaila: “…and most of the bandits.”
    Seiankornai: “And a ruin-haunt as well.”
    Malaina: “HEY!”
  • Thurirl finds a place to sit down and think, covering up his face. His normal unemotional mask has broke, and he prefers not to show it right now.
    Norn: “You slew the ruin haunt?!? That is incredible! Oh. But now I have no guardian there. Hmmm…. how shall I find another one at this time of year?”
  • Thurirl tries to stop listening. Every word just hurts his head and heart.
    Malaina: “You mean to tell me Vari got poisoned for your expletive…a bunch TEST?!”
    Norn: “As for the wolves, it was their risk for living in the most traveled ruin outside the settlements. Roulf, at least, is smart enough to know the risks.”
    Norn: "And as for the bandits, that was unexpected. However, I wish to point out that there is a /good reason/ I offer this test. There are a lot of “sunchasers” wandering this valley waving their pointy sticks at assorted town bullies and conveniently wandering off if anything requireing actual skill starts looking their way."
  • Malaina frowns and marchs to Vari, telling him in Vidoss they are leaving
    Norn: “Good help is so hard to find…”
  • Jessaila is somewhat annoyed, but also understands.
    Thurirl: “Perhaps if you did not persist in lying to the help…”
    Norn: “And we desperately need /good/ help if we are to find anything of use in the deeper runis.”
    Norn: “We can’t be sending off the mere bully pushers to their deaths giving them jobs they can’t possibly handle.”
  • Malaina doesn’t not hop onto his saddle this time around, but does take anything out of there she deems too heavy for him to carry
  • Thurirl gives a glare at their “host”, feeling rather angered at this course of events.
  • Norn raises an eyebrow at Thurirl “What lie? I said a scholar wanted to hear it, and he does.”
  • Malaina backs up her own bags and bids the rest adieu for now
  • Norn sighs “There’s probably dozens of them that do. It really is a pre-cataclysm artifact you know.”
    Jessaila: “So did we pass your test, Mistress Norn?”
  • Grok still does not understand this conversation. And it’s a good thing for Norn
    Norn: “Obviously. You are alive and posess the atrifact.”
    Thurirl: “You lied by omission. While I can appreciate keeping information from enemies, I have had it taught to me that one’s companions are not one’s enemies.”
    Norn: “I told you about the wolves too, if you’ll recall. I believe I omitted the ruin haunt, but then, you didn’t ask for a full catalog of possible dangers, nor did I represent that I had presented you with one.”
  • Thurirl has no further use for this conversation. He doubts anything he say will change Norn’s mind. He stomps out of the house, as if trying to avoid going unnoticed.
    Norn: "And you are not my companions. You are unknown possible-employess-of-my-sometimes-employer.
  • Thurirl knew that was coming. He doesn’t care. Lying to employees can be worse.
    Jessaila: (Elven) “I am afraid not all of my companions are understanding of your reasons, Mistress Norn. I appologize for their uncouth behavior.”
    Norn: “Well, you’re hardly the first to get upset about it all. I’ve heard it said that I’ve had half the sunchasers in the valley on this little test-quest, and more than I like to think about end up waving their pointy sticks at me.”
    Norn: “However, I can now vouch that you are at least basically competent for ruin delving, and tough enough to travel in gaunt territory if necessary. Would you care to hear about the real job I am currently evaluating for?”
    Seiankornai: “Perhaps you should change your testing methods, then.”
    Norn: “Of, if you prefer, I can give you the card of the actual employer and a letter of reference.”
  • Jessaila waits quietly.
    Isabis: “Did my father know what this was?”
    Norn: “Who?”
    Isabis: “My FATHER. Professor Estolin of the Riddlemasters’ college, who suggested I come here for some unfathomable reason.”
    Norn: “Oh? I’m sure he must, he uses my referral service from time to time.”
    Isabis: “Oh. I am going to have Such a…discussion, with him, next time I’m at the college.”
  • Jessaila wonders if she’s the only one not deeply offended by this.
    Seiankornai: ((of course not, no one’s told Grok anything yet ))
    Dragonhawk: *Jamshid is highly affronted at Norn, at least, and intends to tell the whole world or whoever will listen what Norn’s doing.
    Dragonhawk: *Jamshid will start with Grok, just for the fun of it.
    Thurirl: ((and we probably won’t, unless we wish to see how well Norn can handle an ogre))
  • Seiankornai relays to Grok the conversation
    Jessaila: ((Uh oh.))
    Thurirl: ((…annnnnnd apparently some of us do =P))
    Dragonhawk: ((Norn is used to dealing with angry sunchasers. You might want to stop him yourselves.))
  • Seiankornai mentions that as well
    Malaina: ((is already gone, she wants nothing else to do with her)
  • Jessaila smacks Seian.
    Jessaila: “Later, drake.”
    Seiankornai: “What? Oh.”
    Thurirl: ((Uh, no. This wasn’t my idea, and I’m not gettin’ involved anyhow…))
  • Grok grapples with Norn
    Grok: Grok grapples with the enemy! « 1d20+19 = 12 + 19 = 31 »
    Jessaila: “Ixnay on the tellay.”
    Seiankornai: “Too late.”
    Grok gets a fine armful of illusion
    Jessaila: “Yeah. Okay, now YOU get to deal with him.”
  • Thurirl watches with mild interest.
  • Grok attempts to grab her again, but clearly confused
    Norn: “Now, now. You don’t really want to get into that. I happen to be an /expert/ in defensive wards.”
    Seiankornai: “Ah, you certainly are prepared.”
    Norn: “So did you want to hear about the real job, or did you want the letter, or did you want to storm off like angry children and waste the experience entirely?”
    Jessaila: “Mistress Norn, I would like to hear more.”
    Seiankornai: “Oh, the expereince wasn’t a waste. We’ve now learned not to be so trusting of potential employers.”
  • Thurirl agrees with Seian.
    Seiankornai: “Particularly after they’ve shown to not trust us at all.”
    Norn: *Jamshid agrees with Seiankornai also
  • Grok stares at Norn, carefully committing her face to a deep, dark, section of his memory.
    Jessaila: “Though considering the current mental disposition of my companions, I might suggest the letter would be more suitable, as they don’t appear interested in listening further.”
    Isabis: “I…think I would like to hear what’s going on. I suspect my father led us into this obnoxious little trap because he actually wanted me to be available for whatever colleague is looking for ruin-delvers.”
  • Seiankornai mentions to Grok that Norn is an illusion, and that she’s an expert on defensive magics. (and later on, when they’re away, he mentions she’d be best delt with at a later time)
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, is your father trustful?”
    Isabis: “Yes! Well… usually. This is extemely unlike him!”
  • Grok asks if they are to leave yet
    Seiankornai: “Very well, the letter will do, and we shall leave your abode.”
    Thurirl: “We can find out his reasons in due time.”
  • Thurirl is in full agreement about leaving, saving his words for a much better conversation.
    Norn: “Very well, then. You will find it in the drawer of that end table by the door.”
  • Jessaila goes to get it herself – and since she’s the one carrying the music box (I think) slips it into the drawer in the letter’s place.
    Norn: “You’ll understand if I don’t come around in person to see you out; Frankly I still have to deal with Roulf as well, and he insists on sniffing me out in the flesh when he’s annoyed.”
    Jessaila obtains a letter on fancy paper, folded, and a buisiness card.
    Seiankornai: “And it is probably best that we not meet again. Until you’ve learned how to be more forthright in your dealings and tests.”
  • Jessaila carefully preserves the documents and bows formally to Norn.
    Norn: “Good day to you. Look me up if you ever get bored of ferrying frightened traders up and down the rivers. I hear about all the good jobs.”
  • Norn dismisses her illusion and the door closes itself behind you.
  • Grok proceeds to pull out his tinderbox and light the hovel on fire
  • Seiankornai takes to wing, looking for Vari and Mala
    Isabis: “What was he THINGING?? Surely this can’t be normal practice for the archaeology department!”
  • Isabis sputters and fumes in that vein, walking more-or-less blindly down the road.
  • Jessaila extinguishes the fire.
    Norn’s house sputter, sparks…and spits fire back at Grok!
    Jessaila: “No.”
  • Grok growls warningly at Jessaila, and proceeds to relight the flame
    Seiankornai: ((she knows her defensive wards alright))
  • Jessaila sighs and lets Grok burn himself.
    Jessaila’s intervention prevents damage to either party the first time. There is no obvious damage to the house. As soon as it is lit again, it commences shooting little fireballs at Grok again.
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok, you going to run away or dodge fire?))
  • Jessaila follows Isabis.
  • Grok attempts to dodge the fire, and looks for something to use as a makeshift shield
    Dragonhawk: make a reflex check vs 12 or take « 1d4 = 1 ». You do not see a good shield.
  • Thurirl shakes his head and leaves. If the ogre wishes to kill himself, what is that to him?
    Grok: « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »
  • Grok realizes that these are puny fireballs, and continues to try to burn the thing down
    Dragonhawk: 1 fire damage for Grok. Next round you need to save vs. 15 or take « 1d6 = 4 »
    Dragonhawk: ((are you staring a second fire?))
  • Jessaila overtakes Isabis and falls in alongside, saying nothing for a few moments.
    Seiankornai: ((So, we’ve established an antagonist employer, or something))
    Grok: ((yes))
    Grok: « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 »
    Dragonhawk: Next round you need to save vs. 18 or take « 1d10 = 3 » AND vs 12 or take « 1d4 = 1 »
    Grok: ((too bad I don’t have my cannon. Then I could blast it from beyond it’s range))
    Seiankornai: ((hehehe; something to look forward to))
    Grok: « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 », « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »
    Thurirl: ((I don’t suppose anyone’s going to try and dissuade the ogre from this?))
    Grok: ((any noticable damage?))
    Grok: heck, action dice on last one
    Seiankornai: ((Jamshid is the only one there who can talk to the ogre, I went to go find Mala and Vari before he started that))
    Grok: « 1d4 = 1 »
    The house supports flames, but the paint isn’t blackening like it should.
    Jessaila: ((I already tried to stop him, but I think we’d just end up going PvP.))
    Dragonhawk: *Jamshid tells Grok to leave the unburnable house alone. After all, Norn is going to tell everyone that he, Grok, is a great sunchaser, and they should let her do it before they ruin her altogether.
  • Grok disappointed that the house isn’t burning, backs off and looks for elven tracks that lead away from the home that aren’t Jessaila’s
    Seiankornai: ((good luck finding elven tracks ))
    Grok: ((gotta make the effort. It’s what Grok would do.))
    Seiankornai: ((heh))
    Seiankornai: ((notice check to find Mala and Vari « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 »
  • Jessaila glances at Isabis.
    Grok finds LOTS of tracks. They come in, they go out, the go around…none look particularly fresh. YOu think she’s weeded her garden today, but you can’t get in there to confirm.
    Grok: ((besides, if I don’t find tracks in a certain direction, that means an elf went that way))
  • Dragonhawk looks at Jessaila
  • Isabis looks at Jessaila
    Isabis: “I’m really sorry about this. I had no idea.”
    Jessaila: “You say you trust your father?”
    Isabis: “Y…yes.”
    Jessaila: “You need not apologize to me; I am not offended.”
  • Grok roars in frustration, and metters to himself. Accepting the futility of his current goals, he lopes after the rest of the party.
    Isabis: “Normally, I’d trush him completely. I just don’t konw what to think about this.”
    Grok: ((*mutters))
    Jessaila: “He knows you have acquired companions, yes?”
    Isabis: “He knew I was looking for some. HIs letter said to bring my companions if I’d found good ones.”
    Isabis: “I can only assume he thinks whatever job this is has some especial value that would make it worth it. Either to my/our careers, or to the academy that he didn’t want them to trust it to just anyone and had to get whoever I was trusting confirmed through the…usual method.”
    Malaina: ((Did you find them?))
    Jessaila: “I presume that reasoning is potentially valid.”
    Dragonhawk: ((As far as I’m concerned you’re found, yes))
  • Thurirl listens in partially, his blank expression back on his face.
  • Seiankornai roars at Mala and Vari, asking him to wait
    Dragonhawk: “I’m going to have WORDS with him about his reasoning. And especially about not warning me about this if he knew! Argh.”
  • Vari finally stops, though he wasn’t moving all that fast, still not feeling all that well
  • Jessaila pauses for a few moments.
  • Malaina stops as well, but she looks quite angry
  • Seiankornai lands next to them
    Dragonhawk: *Jamshid is furious as well, wants nothing to do with Norn or her job, and insists that they should “make her doings public.”
    Jessaila: “I think there may be a potential second part to the test which we have failed.”
    Seiankornai: "Well, msot everyone is quite displeased with the… lady. And Isabis’ father may have known some thing about the nature of this, so ISabis wants to confront him about it, and I think we should be there as well.
  • Isabis glances at the letter in Jessaila’s hand.
    Thurirl: “Second test?”
    Seiankornai: “Plus, it’s probably not a good idea to be wandering off alone.”
    Jessaila: “Self. Control.”
    Malaina: “I don’t care!!! Vari is the ONLY family I have left and he almost DIED because of a damn test!! If she doesn’t want to hire us, then well so long!”
    Isabis: “But she does want to hire us.”
    Seiankornai: “Well, to be fair, she didn’t know about the bandits which were the main problem. Still, that doesn’t excuse her about her dishonesty.”
    Isabis: “We were calling her things and everything, and she still offered us the job. And Malaina…I don’t mean to defend her, exactly, but the wolves didn’t poison Vari. Nor the ruin haunt.”
    Jessaila: ((Are we re-united as a group?))
    Seiankornai: ((not yet))
  • Malaina frowns at them all harshly and turns and puts some distance between them
  • Vari ambles after her
    Isabis: “Malaina, wait!”
    Seiankornai: ((Seian is the only one near Malaina and Vari))
    Seiankornai: ((or not))
    Jessaila: ((I think we’re getting that confused.))
  • Thurirl follow Malaina, though at a distance.
    Isabis: ((I thought the drakes stopped and we caught up to them))
    Seiankornai: ((I went off alone to catch them; don’t know how far they went))
    Malaina: ((Well, she was the first to leave, she didn’t stay to hear the explanation))
    Seiankornai: “Anyway, we should probably still stick together, and go to some town, and relax a little. Have Isabis make an antidote for Vari too.”
    Isabis: “Oy, good point. And Jessaila.”
    Jessaila: “Friends, do not confuse anger at Mistress Norn and target it against each other.”
  • Grok wishes to accept whatever mission Norn proposes
    Seiankornai: ((yet still crush her later?))
    Isabis: “After we take care of the poison, I really think we should at least hear out this guy who needs the good help that won’t die of a hike in the woods.”
  • Malaina shouts from a distance “FINE!”
  • Isabis sighs
  • Seiankornai whispers to Vari and Mala “And besides, she’s only an elf, the Drake King never offered any protection to the elves. We’ll go back someday and tell them all about it.”
    Grok: ((something like that. more making sure that there is a later))
    Isabis: “If even ONE veteran laughs at me in a tavern over this, I swear I’m going to start my first barfight.”
  • Malaina whisper Seiankornai So very true..
    Seiankornai: “We can give that other fellow the benefit fo the doubt, particularly if Isabis’ father recomended it and ISabis trusts her father (once we’ve confronted him about it).”
  • Grok would be very happy to instruct Isabis in the finer points of starting a barfight
  • Jessaila looks around to see who’s still listening.
    Seiankornai: “And I will happily support you in a bar fight with cheers and words of encouragement, while I have all the food and drink to myself.”
  • Isabis snickers at that one
  • Thurirl is a bit miffed over Norn’s treatment of the party. However, he’s still willing to check out the job. One can always educate the wicked on the error of their ways after taking their money…
    Seiankornai: “But otherwise I won’t participate. They’re like some of the uglier parts of mating season, only without the mating.”
    Isabis: “So…where is this contact?”
  • Jessaila snorts loudly.
    Seiankornai: “You didn’t find out?”
    You whisper to Jessaila: In fact, it is at teh riddlemaster’s college
    Isabis: “It’s on that card, right?”
  • Isabis points at the card in Jessaila’s hand
    Jessaila: “Yes. The Riddlemaster’s College.”
    Jessaila: “Which, if I understood you right, Isabis, is where your father is.”
    Isabis: “That’s….interesting. It’s not /actually/ my father is it?”
    Jessaila: “Two birds, one stone.”
  • Jessaila glances again at the card.
    Seiankornai: ((/me proposes a subplot for later on where we find Norn doing some shady dealings that we can react to properly ))
    You whisper to Jessaila: No, it just says “department of archaeology, room 114” and gives a “reference number” – 44017
    Thurirl: “…I suggest we invest in ear plugs for when Isabis reunites with her father. I imagine the conversation may become quite noticeable.”
    Jessaila: “I’m uncertain. There is merely a department name and room number, together with a reference number.”
  • Isabis looks
    Isabis: “Huh. Department office. We’ll have to give the number to the secretary, she’ll know who’s hiring under that funding number.”
    Isabis: ((done for the week?))
    Seiankornai: ((I guess so))
    Malaina: ((kk))
    Grok: ((ok))
    Malaina: ((any info we need to put on our sheet, like loot wise and exp wise?))
    Isabis: OK. come next week with a plan for making use of a week of downtime.
    Grok: ((hunt down Norn?))
    Malaina: I am going to be looking to upgrade Vari’s armor, having 11 for defense is not cutting it
    Thurirl: I am going to go to bed, and possibly flatten some cardboard first.
    Grok: ((well, Vari isn’t a tank, but you keep throwing him on the front lines…))
    Seiankornai: armor doesn’t increase defense, actually
  • Malaina sighs and goes to bed
    Malaina: I’ll get any other info later
    Malaina is disconnected.
    Isabis: goodnight
    Seiankornai: goodnight
    Isabis: I’ll post XP and such at the beginning next week
    Grok: night all
    Grok is disconnected.
    Seiankornai: shutting down
    You have disconnected.

Log 10

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 9

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk