Log 105

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 104
Log 106

Malaina has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Host has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
TAK has connected.
Dragonhawk: OK, so Bandit is planning to come on I gather. Shall we wait for him, then deal with the fight?

Jessaila: Sure

Dragonhawk: OK

  • Malaina noddles
    Thurirl has connected.
    Dragonhawk: Hello

Seiankornai: greetings

Thurirl: Yarr!

When last we saw our heroes, they were taking a small tour of the Federation of Loyal Servants of the Crone’s “tame” sunpool network. If you got your trigger-words right, you are now in “Pech Hide”

  • Jessaila wants to be in Elf Hide, not Pech Hide.
    Seiankornai: “Oh, hi!”

Moments after you arrive, a cluster of goblin warriors tries to appear in the same space, filling every remaining square-foot of standing room inside the gate.

  • Thurirl is feeling perhaps the group has bitten off more than they can chew.
  • Malaina smirks a little, ready to take out some goblins
    The water turns hot and fizzes with frustrated magic, the warming mist fills the tiny chamber with visiblity impairment and mugginess (well, those who grew up in the GronVer will feel right at home).
    On the other side of the gate, the two goblins who were arguing a moment ago stair in drop-jawed amazement.
    Dragonhawk: ((init))
Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » Initiative.
  • Seiankornai has more targets! « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » Init
    On the wall is a sign in Gamok, reading:
    Paswd
    GEZPSIKKILIT s deep-hold
    PLIKKIZDREJUUL dwarrow door
    Malaina: ((Hello?))

Dragonhawk: Init: Isabis « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » goblins « 1d20+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 »

Dragonhawk: ((sorry, lost some stats to a program crash, having to re-construct the NPCs a little ))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “Hmm, fire or no.”

Malaina: ((I will be having Mala drop into Martial Spirit Stance))
  • Seiankornai bites and claws some goblins to make safe room for fire later
  • Seiankornai noms on goblin 891 and swipes a claw at 385
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 » for « 1d10+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 », AP 1
    Claw hits « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for « 1d8+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 », AP 1
    Seiankornai: ((Activating the second attack’s crit))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 891 saves for « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 » vs 17

Seiankornai: ((done))

Isabis has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: Isabis swipes at 888 with her hand claws, hitting « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »

Dragonhawk: Isabis swipes at 888 with her hand claws, hitting « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 »

Dragonhawk: ((hits on second try))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 888 saves for « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » vs 11

Isabis manages to get in under the goblin’s guard and sink her claws into a vital portion of goblin anatomy.
Jessaila has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “Two claws, two goblins, good so far.”

  • Jessaila casts Shield on herself and then assumes an En Gard stance.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 »
    Dragonhawk: Goblin 891: “You’ll pay for this, drake! We’ll eat your flesh yet!”

Malaina has received initiative.

  • Malaina drops into her Martial Spirit Stance (1 to attack, +3 to damage rolls)
    Malaina: « 1d20
    12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10Skull Crack (Polearm Attack Trick): If the target is a standard character with a lower Wisdom score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save (damage isn’t rolled). @ 264

Dragonhawk: ((dead of skull crack))

Malaina: ((Yep, one more attack for me)) Malaina: « 1d20+12+1 = 10 + 12 + 1 = 23 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10 @ 657

Dragonhawk: ((you have done a critical injury))

Dragonhawk: ((roll damage))

Malaina: « 1d12+2+2+3 = 12 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 19 » Rostislasi Damage (GM roll for Bleed) Malaina: ((Wow, full damage!))

Dragonhawk: ((OK, yes, a critical injury. Rolling the for survival…))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 657 saves for « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » vs 19

Seiankornai: ((nice one Mala))

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 608

Dragonhawk: Goblin 657 saves fort vs 29 to avoid critical injury « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 »

Dragonhawk: ((Malaina roll on table of ouch))

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 608

Dragonhawk: ((1d20+19))

Vari 1: ((I did?!)) Vari 1: ((I"ve never done that before)) Vari 1: ((Also, activating that crit))

Dragonhawk: ((excuse me, 1d20+29))

Seiankornai: ((yep, so roll 1d20+19+ Keen to find out what you did to the goblin))

Thurirl: ((It looks like Thurirl might need to clean out his outfit. XD Goblin blood everywhere!))

Malaina: « 1d20+19 = 6 + 19 = 25 »

Yes, there is blood in the water…
Dragonhawk: « 1d6 = 4 » 1-3 loses arm, 4-6 loses leg

Jessaila: ((Owie.))

Malaina: ((I will revel in this small victory))

Goblin 657 collapses in a howling puddle, it’s leg twisted and bloody
TAK: ((looks like he-))

TAK: ((puts on sunglasses))

TAK: ((Doesn’t have a leg to stand on))

Malaina: ((cracks up again))

Dragonhawk: ((boo, hiss ))

Seiankornai: ((but you like puns :P ))

Dragonhawk: ((don’t you know that groaning etc. is the proper response to a good pun? ))

Thurirl: ((Heh.))

The collapsed goblin yells a password; the pool heats up a few more degrees, hissing and steaming, and « 1d4 = 3 » goblins disappear

  • Dragonhawk (closes her eyes and points at random enemies)
    Seiankornai: ((could we have cuaght what he said?))

Dragonhawk: ((perception vs 12 to make out the word in all the battle noise and hissing and bubbling etc))

Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » Notice

Seiankornai: « 1d20+11 = 8 + 11 = 19 »

  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » Notice
    He went to “ZEZIVIGGIKIK” …hmm, that’s not on the sign.
  • Malaina wonders if she has to chase some goblins down
  • Thurirl doesn’t know what the others are thinking, but he really hopes they don’t end up in another pit of goblins…
    Dragonhawk: ((Jess and Mala know this, Seian missed it.))

Dragonhawk: ((You do not appear to be moving at this time – apparently there was only room for three at the other destination))

Dragonhawk: ((you’re just LUCKY that I didn’t include YOU in the possible targets for transfer, or Jess would having a solo adventure now ))

Jessaila: ((That would’ve been exciting. Ish.))

Jessaila: ((In a totally I’m-not-volunteering-for-that way.))

Dragonhawk: ((hehe))

Seiankornai: ((so, the rest of the goblins))

Dragonhawk: ((oh, right, the other goblins get a turn too))

Dragonhawk: Goblins Attack!
224 swings at Nightscale hitting « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
686 attacks Malain hitting « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 »
134 tries to spear Thurirl hitting « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 »
950 can’t resist the lure of Seiankornai’s drake-flesh, hitting « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 »
388 tries to get Isabis out of his way so he can help 950 hitting « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »
866 deals with the elf in front of him hitting « 1d20+10 = 8 + 10 = 18 »
and 671 attacks Malaina hitting « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »
The two on the far side of the gate get out bows and shoot at Malaina « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » and Jess « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »

Dragonhawk: ((tell me what hits you, or if you are missed))

Malaina: ((Well, I will rolling a reflex against the bows))

TAK: ((if jessaila’s been missed she gets to do a special thing))

Jessaila: ((Both attacks on Jessaila miss; I have actions I can take in response.))

Thurirl: ((ow))

Seiankornai: ((Mala: using Arrow Cutting?))

Malaina: ((Well yea, plus i have DR from other things against ranged attacks))

Dragonhawk: ((OK, First Mala roll to see if the arrow hits you))

Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » Reflex

Seiankornai: ((man, lots of 20s in there; fortuantely they aren’t specials so no crits for them))

Malaina: « 1d10 = 4 » Dragon Eye; Edged Damage against the one that hit me in melee Malaina: ((I have a 9 DR against ranged attacks))

Dragonhawk: Isabis takes damage « 1d10+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 » AP4

Seiankornai: “Tsk, if you want this drake flesh, you’ll have to at least touch it.”

Dragonhawk: Thurirl takes damage « 1d10+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » AP4

  • Jessaila Works The Line to draw 866 into a compromising position. Reflex save versus 10+4+8=22 to avoid being automatically hit by her fencing blade for « 1d10 = 8 » damage.
    Thurirl teaches his enemy how to soften a blow
  • Thurirl is happy to teach the proper way to find the enemy’s vitals…
    Dragonhawk: Malaina takes damage « 1d10+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » AP4

Dragonhawk: ((mele))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 866 saves w/ reflex « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » vs 22

Dragonhawk: Goblin 866 saves vs damage for « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » vs 14

And then it’s 3 seconds later…and everyone except the bowman strikes again (bowmen reload)
Dragonhawk: Goblins Attack!
224 swings at Nightscale hitting « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 »
686 attacks Malain hitting « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »
134 tries to spear Thurirl hitting « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 »
950 can’t resist the lure of Seiankornai’s drake-flesh, hitting « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 »
388 tries to get Isabis out of his way so he can help 950 hitting « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 »
866 deals with the elf in front of him hitting « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 »
and 671 attacks Malaina hitting « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 »

  • Jessaila avoids the second attack.
  • Thurirl is very annoyed with these fighting conditions.
    Jessaila: ((Oh, by the way, 866 and I need to exchange places.))

Seiankornai: “Tsk, still not good enough.”

Dragonhawk: Goblins damage Malaina « 1d10+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 », Thurirl « 1d10+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 », Isabis « 1d10+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 »

TAK: ((work the line shuffles her around the battlefield each time she’s missed))

Malaina: « 1d10 = 10 » Dragon Eye; Edged Damage Malaina: ((Woo, full dragon eye damage!))

Dragonhawk: Gobling 866: “Bwuh-? Stand still, point-ear!”

  • Jessaila Works The Line to draw 866 into another compromising position (En Garde!). Reflex save versus 22 to avoid being automatically hit by her fencing blade for « 1d10 = 10 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: Goblin 866 saves w/ reflex « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » vs 22

Dragonhawk: Goblin 866 saves vs damage for « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » vs 19

Jessaila lures a goblin into dancing with her blade. Blades are not safe dance partners.
Malaina: ((Goblin 686 takes full dragon eye damage))

Dragonhawk: ((it’s dead ))

Malaina: ((686?))

Dragonhawk: ((oh, wait, similar numbers. One moment while I set up it’s roll, sorry.))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 686 saves vs damage for « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 » vs 15

Dragonhawk: ((darn random NPC numbers…866, 686…))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 686: “IT BURNS!”

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Dragonhawk renames 686
    Thurirl: ((LOL))

Seiankornai: ((now, what shall Thurirl do?))

Thurirl: ((BatVessa will do what he does when surrounded by foes… disappear.))

Seiankornai: ((after a flash of pain?))

  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 13 + 14 = 27 » Damage: Ray 1: « 1d4 = 2 » Ray 2: « 1d4 = 3 » Ray 3: « 1d4 = 2 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((Casting against the goblins between myself and Malaina.))

Seiankornai: ((should be more damage))

Thurirl: ((Yeah, I know.))

Seiankornai: ((it’s 1d4 per 2 caster levels each))

Dragonhawk: ((we keep doing this thing with the rolling 1d4 when we mean 4d4))

Thurirl: ((My apologies. I’ll edit the macros next chance I get… shall I reroll manually?))

Dragonhawk: ((yes please.))

Thurirl: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 12 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 8 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 16 »

Dragonhawk: Goblins try to survive the BURNINATION: saving for « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » vs 16, for « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » vs 19, and for « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » vs 18

Seiankornai: ((I think your DCs are of; should just tbe the fire damage itself; the last one still fails))

Dragonhawk: ((the middle one had previous damage))

Seiankornai: ((oh, these are damage saves, not Ref saves to avoid catching on fire))

Dragonhawk: ((yes))

Seiankornai: ((all right then))

Dragonhawk: ((You’re standing in a steaming pool, NOTHING is catching fire in here right now ))

Seiankornai: ((heh, ok))

Thurirl: ((When you’re done, I’ll be spending an action die to attempt hiding for free…))

Dragonhawk: ((OK))

  • Thurirl uses the lingering arcane power to aid his attempt to disappear… « 1d20+15 = 15 + 15 = 30 »
    Dragonhawk: Nightscale bites for « 1d20+18 = 15 + 18 = 33 » and possible « 1d8+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 » (headbiter!)

Dragonhawk: Thurirl’s hide mods are -4 (close quarters) 2 (mists and steams); goblins not adjacent may notice him for « 1d204 = 14 + 4 = 18 »

Thurirl: ((um… I think I still have a half action or so…))

Dragonhawk: ((Did you cast and …oh, hiding was a free action with the casting wasn’t it. My bad.))

Seiankornai: ((you do))

Thurirl: ((Can I just move him and call it good?))

Seiankornai: ((sure))

Dragonhawk: ((do whatever you were planning, Nightscale’s action won’t happen until after you’re done))

Thurirl: ((Unless I can slice with a knife, I’m done here.))

Dragonhawk: ((that’s a 5’ step, so you still have a half-action))

Thurirl: ((Okay! =D Snicker-snack!))

  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » for « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: ((950 or 388?))
Thurirl: ((950))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 388 saves for « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » vs 13

Thurirl: ((…or we can go with that one, sure. =P))

Dragonhawk: ((…oy. I swear, I checked the health on the right one though.))

Dragonhawk: ((and applied the damage))

Thurirl: ((s’okay))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 224 has a dragon biting his head; saves for « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 » vs 17

Dragonhawk: Nightscale tries again, biting « 1d20+18 = 13 + 18 = 31 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » (headbiter!)

Dragonhawk: Goblin 224 has a dragon biting his head; saves for « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » vs 18

Nightscale successfully removes the head from the last goblin near Malaina.
Dragonhawk: “Yech. Just as nasty-tasting as I remembered.”

Dragonhawk: ^ Nightscale

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “You don’t like these? Huh. Hrm, too many allies close together.”"

  • Seiankornai bites down on the goblin between ISabis and Thurirl
    Seiankornai: Bite htis « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » for « 1d10+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 »
  • Seiankornai then bites the next one after
  • Seiankornai then bites the next one after
    Seiankornai: Bite htis « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for « 1d10+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 »

Seiankornai: (activating crit)

Seiankornai: (950 then 388)

Dragonhawk: Goblin 950 saves for « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » vs 18

  • Seiankornai steps on the first goblin, who ducked in time for the bite, when attempting to get the other, how contemptful
    Claw hits « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » for « 1d8+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((and now done, once that goblin rolls his save))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 950 saves for « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » vs 22

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis stands on a goblin corpse (ew) and swipes at the last goblin standing, hitting « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »
    Dragonhawk: Goblin 671 saves for « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » vs 11

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » to hit, « 1d10+1d4 = 4 + 1 = 5 » damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    Jessaila skewers the last goblin in the room (w/ touche)
    Dragonhawk: Remain in init

Dragonhawk: Jessaila has one additional action

Thurirl: ((Intimidate the guys beyond the gate.))

Seiankornai: “WEll, I think that went rather well.”

  • Jessaila glances at the goblins behind the gate. “I’d suggest running away before the dragons recover their breath.”
    Jessaila: « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » Intimidation is not a very elven thing to do, unfortunately.

Seiankornai: ((can she get a circumstance bonus? :P ;) ))

Dragonhawk: Goblins resolve to stay and defend their gate: « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 »

Dragonhawk: ((not one big enough to overcome that…))

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Intimidate (DC 25 Auto Succeed)

Malaina: ((They have to succeed a DC 26 and above, correct?))

Dragonhawk: ((…?))

Seiankornai: ((right))

Malaina: ((Mala is using Threaten, I succeed as long as I don’t roll a one, and they have to beat a DC 26 Resolve check))

Dragonhawk: ((aah, OK.))

Dragonhawk: Goblins still (?) resolve to stay and defend their gate: « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 »

Malaina: " I suggest you do as the elf says and LEAVE!"

Dragonhawk: Goblin 7** to Goblin 600: “…what do you say we go /meet/ the reinforcements?”

Malaina: ((Want me to roll stress damage?))

Dragonhawk: Goblin 600 to Goblin 7**: “Um…yeah.”

Thurirl: “Well done, Malaina.” Malaina: “Hmph.”
  • Malaina flicks the blood off her sword before sheathing it
    Dragonhawk: “…humph? That’s how you respond to a complement these days??”

Seiankornai: ((seems more like you’re doing a Coerce check rather than a Threaten action, both still using the Intimidate skill))

Dragonhawk: ((you done? One action left I think?))

Jessaila: “Maybe we should get out of here before said reinforcements arrive.”

Seiankornai: ((I think that hmph was towards the goblins))

Malaina: ((Yea, not anything else to do here))
  • Thurirl cleans his weapons and checks himself and his gear for any further damage.
    Jessaila: “Either open the gate, or go back where we came from.”

Dragonhawk: ((Um, you are NOT out of init yet people))

Thurirl: ((Oh.))

Seiankornai: ((Ah))

Dragonhawk: ((It’s Malaina’s turn, then Goblins))

Dragonhawk: ((Malaina, you have one half-action, including any half-action skill check or whatever.))

Malaina: ((Ummm, what could we do? Close the gate?))

Dragonhawk: ((Gate’s locked. You can’t get through.))

Malaina: ((I guess go back where we came from?))

Dragonhawk: ((The gate in the place you came from is presumably still open, yes.))

Thurirl: ((Yeah, preferably two rooms ago… don’t wanna go back to the place they tried to follow us from.))
  • Malaina attemps to open up the pool so they can get back where they started.
    Dragonhawk: ((You are not compelled to go back to “Deep Hold” – pick a password ))

Seiankornai: (( PLIKKIZDREJUUL is that one; the other leads us back to the big army, not sure we’re ready for that))

Dragonhawk: ((you have seen or heard 4 possibilities now))

Malaina: ((Well, this one seems to be Pech Hide))

Dragonhawk: ((presumably. OOC, it’s the place they hide from Pechs ))

Malaina: ((I am not sure I knw what the other passwords are))

On the wall is a sign in Gamok, reading:
Paswd
GEZPSIKKILIT s deep-hold
PLIKKIZDREJUUL dwarrow door
Malaina: ((So the first one? Or is that the one with the army?))

Thurirl: ((…Dwarrow… were those the black dwarves we saw?)) Malaina: ((I honestly don’t know where anything goes)) Thurirl: ((Deep-Hold is where the army is.))

Seiankornai: ((the first password we used to go to the other place))

Dragonhawk: ((GEZPSIKKILIT was the one that got you to the army last time, yes.))

Malaina: ((So do we know the password to get back where we started?))

Jessaila: ((Yes.))

Malaina: ((Then lets take that one))

Jessaila: ((PLIKKIZDREJUUL.))

Seiankornai: ((well, presumably, dwarrow door sounds like it))

Thurirl: ((Let’s at least take a chance on one we don’t know there’s an army waiting for us.))

Seiankornai: ((yeah))

Dragonhawk: ((you gonna tell it Malaina, or do you just want me to do it?))

Dragonhawk: ((…must be AFK))

Malaina: ((Back, sorry about that))

Dragonhawk: ((heh, NP. So /do/ you want to tell it, or do you want me to do it?))

Malaina: ((I’ll tell it, but it looks like we are already back))

Dragonhawk: ((moved the tokens while I was waiting is all))

  • Malaina gives the password to let them go back to where they started))
    You appear in very cramped quarters back in the pass-tunnels, the location proven by the gate hanging open before you.
    Dragonhawk: ((end init))
  • Isabis promptly slips and falls in the cold water
    Isabis: splash
  • Seiankornai tumbles out of the cramped room
  • Thurirl gets out of the pool post-haste.
  • Jessaila grabs Isabis and helps her up.
    Seiankornai: “oookay, this sunpool won’t be of use to us for now.”
Isabis: “Bleah. Lets get out of the pool and lock the gate before they figure out where we are again.”
  • Malaina stands up and wrings out her hair, heading out of the pool
    Thurirl: “…I suggest we lock the gate behind us.”
Thurirl: “A pity we do not have any countermeasures to set up in case we are followed. It would be a suitable lesson not to enter sunpools uninvited.” Nightscale: “Well if we’re done fighting again, I’m going back to sniffing through the storage room.”
  • Malaina takes off her boots so she can get some water out of them, watching as the Vari’s pass her by to get to a bigger space
  • Isabis hangs onto Jessaila for balance until they get off the moss-slimed section.
  • Jessaila helps Isabis out, then locks the gate.
    Isabis: “Whew. OK, I feel better already.”

Jessaila: “You okay?”

Dragonhawk: “Yeah, scratched and bruised is all.”

Dragonhawk: “Nothing a few dozen more touches of light won’t cure.”

  • Seiankornai follows after Vari and Nightscale
    Dragonhawk: ((bah. Isabis talking, obviously))

IsabisE: “How about you, Jessaila?”

Jessaila: “Let’s get away from the door.”

IsabisE: “…yeah.”

Jessaila: “Undamaged this time.”

  • Thurirl takes a bit of time looking at the walls and floors, looking thoughtful…
    IsabisE: “Thurirl, Malaina, all hale?”

Jessaila: “I think I learned something valuable there….”

  • Malaina slips her boots back on, “Hmmm?”
    Thurirl: “I suffered little. I will heal myself, unless one of you insists.”
  • Jessaila looks tired, even though she’s not injured.
    Thurirl: “If we had the right components, we could position a set of crossbows upon the wall, triggered by a mechanism in this adjacent room…”

Seiankornai: "Wouldn’t do to thwart a whol invasion

Thurirl: “I am musing upon future possibilities. The goblins, odious as they are, chose a solid and defensible location. Their only error was that they did not even attempt to fortify it.” Thurirl: “With the proper mechanisms and countermeasures, this cave system could prove to be a fortress impenetrable to all but a small, determined army.”
  • Jessaila sighs. “…what was the point of going off like we did?”
    Seiankornai: “I suppose we could try draining the pool.”
Thurirl: “I do not know. I would have preferred staying here, however we at least know now how dangerous the sunpool is.”
  • Jessaila catches up to Mala.
    Jessaila: “Little Sister, is something wrong?”

IsabisE: “Well, that’s two big fights for the morning. And we better think of something to deal with that gatre or…or…I’m left behind again.”

  • IsabisE joggs to catch up tot he others again
  • Thurirl stays behind, though he wishes he had a sketchpad for his ideas…
  • Malaina looks over her shoulder, arching an eyebrow, “No, nothings wrong.”
    Jessaila: “Then why didn’t you wait for us?”
  • Malaina looks forward, “Because I didn’t feel like waiting for you and Isabis while you have your field day with history.”
    IsabisE: “Well, that’s just rude.”

IsabisE: “Anyway, have you forgotten we’re looking to history for how to deal with the crone?”

Malaina: “You can look at history all you want. Just don’t expect me to wait around.”

Jessaila: “…Mala, your impatience could’ve gotten you killed. Or the Varis killed.”

Jessaila: “You left Nightscale behind after vowing to get her to safety!”

  • Malaina whirls around to face them, hands on her hips and glaring, “Oh I’m sorry I didn’t wait around like a good little girl while the two big girls decide to make everyone else wait because they get more excited for writings on walls then trying to figure out how to get to where we are going! I already told Seian if I was placed somewehre near the Black Peaks, I would meet up with all of you! Look, why don’t you two go back to your wall and I will go back to doing what I do best.”
  • Malaina whirls away and stalks off
    IsabisE: “Um…’cause we prefer you alive to dead?”
Thurirl: “Strange. I do not recall her being this reckless. Or defensive.”
  • Jessaila stands there with her mouth open for a few moments.
  • Vari 1 is a bit bewildered when Mala stalks past him, but follows after her
    IsabisE: “She can’t be this reckless. She’s an experiences sunchaser, she’d be dead by now if she acted like that all the time.”

IsabisE: “…or she’d be Grok, but seriously.”

Thurirl: “Perhaps it would be wise to examine her. She may be suffering from some contagion, or a bit of errant magic perhaps.”

IsabisE: “I…suppose. If we can get her to stand still and be examined.”

IsabisE: “There was that mage with the goblins here, but they don’t usually go for magic that just messes with people’s heads.”

  • Jessaila doesn’t know entirely how to respond to Mala.
    Thurirl: “Jessaila? You are unusually quiet.”
  • Seiankornai heads for the exit, helping Nightscale out, confused about Mala
    Jessaila: “My words have been stunned right out of me, Thurirl.”

Nightscale shows Seian where the goblins kept their dry goods. Poor quality coth and dried rat jerky, yay.
Thurirl: ((mmm, jerky))

Seiankornai: “Hmm, not much here, Nightscale.”

Jessaila: “Should we go after her, do you think?”

Thurirl: “It may be wise. If she is still in this mental state, is it probable she will attempt to leave without us.”

IsabisE: “I – hmm. Well, Thurirl has a point there.”

  • Thurirl sighs inwardly. He so wanted to examine this place and make plans… some crossbows here, a false floor there… maybe a pool of diluted acid…
  • Jessaila heads after Mala.
    IsabisE: “HEY SEIAN, WE’RE GOING UP TO THE FRONT DOOR!”
  • IsabisE follows Jess
    Seiankornai: “OKAY!”

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.

  • Jessaila tries to overtake Mala.
  • Malaina sitting against the wall of the entrance, trimming the edge of her hair with her razor
  • Vari 1 dozing on the sides, fighting goblins can wear a drake out
  • Vari is napping as well, softly snoring
  • Jessaila waits for Isabis to catch up, then sits down by Malaina.
  • IsabisE sits down sort of around to the side between Malaina and Jess, so it doesn’t look like two-against-one
  • Malaina stills her hand and glances up
  • Thurirl decides it may be best to leave this to the women and explores with Seian…
  • Jessaila still sounds hurt. “…we’d have come with you if you’d asked us. But you didn’t even ask…”
    IsabisE: ((I’m going to rebuild the parts of the delve that accidentally didn’t save last week while we talk))
  • Malaina looks back down at her hair, “Even if I did, you would have told me ‘later’. Anything to do with history, everything else gets pushed to ‘later’. We found this place, I am sure we can find it again.”
    IsabisE: "Well of course can, but “later” the sunpool might behave normally, and let us out somewhere that isn’t goblin infested."

Jessaila: “Absolutely we can find it again. But we can’t help protect you if you leave us behind…”

Jessaila: “I don’t want to lose any more people I care about, Mala…”

Malaina: “Protect me? Protect me?! Why in the world do I suddenly need protection all of a sudden?! Me and Vari have been doing just fine since I was 6 years old! Just because I’m the youngest here, I need to be smothered and held back?!”
  • Malaina stands up and puts her razor away, frowning severely, “I’m going outside, leave me the hell alone!”
    Jessaila: “No, I’m not going to leave you alone! Because I care too much about you to leave you alone.”
  • Vari slowly lifts his head up, confused by the tenseness in the air
    IsabisE: “Malaina wait! It’s not about being young! We’re a TEAM, we’re supposed to protect each other so we can do bigger things than we could one by one!”

Jessaila: “Exactly!”

  • Malaina turns around to face them, a frown still on her face, “Well I’m sorry I’m suddenly not a team player!! I’m not a scholar, history means nothing to me because you can’t change the past! I have one purpose in my life and that is to kill off as many goblins as I can. And don’t think I haven’t seen the way you look at me when we battle them, but guess what! It’s all I got and until I avenge my family and my village, it’s all I’m going to have! Now leave me alone, sometimes I do need some space!!” turns and stalks off outside.
    Jessaila: “What will it take to avenge them, Mala?”
  • Malaina looks like she was crying, if anyone caught the small bead of tears at the corners of her eyes
  • IsabisE gets up and follows Malaina outside
    IsabisE: “Malaina, that’s not all you have.”
  • Jessaila follows Isabis.
    IsabisE: “You have Vari don’t you? You have friends. You have work that means something even though it isn’t killing goblins.”

IsabisE: “I’m not saying you shouldn’t do something about goblins when there’s goblins in front of you, but…well Jess has a point. How many dead goblins will it take to bring your family back, eh?”

Malaina: “….as many that got killed in my village…so all of them.”

  • Jessaila puts a hand on her stomach. “Vengeance doesn’t satisfy, Mala.”
    IsabisE: “And nothing can bring your village back. If that’s all you let yourself have, you’ll never be able to have anything else.”

Malaina: “…You just don’t get it, do you? You don’t get how a child, not even 7 years old barely goes to sleep at night because all she can see is her father and brothers being cut down, over and over. My village burning while goblins rampage about, looking for a baby drake so they can kill it and eat it. Growing up with those nightmares until it’s all you have you can do to even eat during the day. I still have those nightmares, but that is what fuels me and what drives me to seek revenge for all the loved ones that were taken from me and for Vari’s parents most likely being killed by them as well….but you’ll never understand. You just think it is simple revenge…”

IsabisE: “I…think it’s eating you alive.”

Malaina: “If that is what it takes to find the rat bastard chief that slit my fathers throat while laughing, then that is how it will be.”

IsabisE: ((BRB again))

Thurirl: ((damn, now I wish Thurirl was here… sounds like a job for Bat-Vessa…))
  • Jessaila walks up to Malaina. “I… I know those nightmares, Little Sister.”
  • Malaina folds her arms and looks away
    Jessaila: “I… I got my vengeance, Mala. I wrapped a shirt into a garotte and I killed the one who took my husband and son while he slept. You know what I felt in that triumph?”

Jessaila: “Emptiness.”

Jessaila1 has connected.
Jessaila is disconnected.
Malaina: “I don’t feel emptiness when I cut down a goblin…just a sense of satisfaction this one won’t be in the world anymore to hurt anyone else.”

Jessaila1: “I had to make a new family. That includes you, Little Sister.”

Malaina: ((Might be a good place to stop))

Thurirl: ((munches popcorn I dunno… was just gettin’ good to me…))

IsabisE: ((It is late, though. ))

Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 104
Log 106

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 105

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User