Log 106

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 105
Log 107

Malaina has connected.
Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Seiankornai: so where were we last?

Jessaila: Mala was stalking away after Jessaila and Isabis tried to fix things.

Jessaila: Also, I failed to use a line last week which I wanted to use in game.

When last we saw our heroes, the ladies were trying to give each other some things to think about.
The rest of the party is recuperating in and/or exploring the ex-goblin, ex-dwarf delve.
Jessaila: “There is no ‘I’ in ‘team’! …except in Woanish, which is probably why Grok is a native speaker…”

Dragonhawk: *snerk

Seiankornai: hehehe

  • Jessaila is very broody as a result of the conflict with Mala.
  • IsabisE puts a hand on Jessaila’s shoulder
    IsabisE: “Cheer up, she’ll work it out eventually. Let’s give her a few hours to think it over.”

Jessaila: “…I suppose.”

  • Thurirl goes exploring in the old Dwarven ruins.
    IsabisE: “She can wander around and kick rocks while we wait to see if the sunpool activates normally, or otherwise decide what to do.”
  • Seiankornai is letting Nightscale lead him around poking into places.
    IsabisE: “…wait, she doesn’t want us deciding things over her head…”

Jessaila is disconnected.

  • Nightscale sniffs, breaks open, and otherwise investigates the goblins’ supply cache
    Nightscale: ((waiting for Brok to reconnect))

Jessaila has connected.
Jessaila: * Jessaila kicks a rock.

Jessaila: Jessaila: “…ow.”

  • IsabisE looks out into the pass to see what Malaina is doing
  • Thurirl takes a moment to sit down in the middle of the big room and ponder things.
  • Nightscale devours smoked rat by the crateload
  • Malaina is sitting on a boulder, cutting the ends of her hair with a razor, far enough away to have some privacy, but not too far she can’t hear if she is called
    Nightscale: “It’s not as good as /fish/ of course, but it’ll do for traveling.”
  • Vari makes his way out of the cave and over to Mala, deciding to nap outside
  • Vari 1 follows after him, yawning
    IsabisE: “Let’s…let’s give her until noon, see if the pool mists up.”

Tak has connected.
Jessaila: “All right.”

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Seiankornai: “No, but you can have it, I had several goblins after all.”

Malaina: ((Whats with the E?))

Nightscale: “Than’ ’u” Nomf Nom Nom crunch nom nom nom

Dragonhawk: ((her las initial, and keeps the token image from cluttering up the chat ))

Dragonhawk: ((last even))

Dragonhawk: ((Oh, TGU just showed me how to turn that off :: ))

  • Jessaila is quiet and subdued while we wait about.
    Isabis: ((test))

Seiankornai: ((I don’t think I have anything particular to do until noon, unless Nightscale and I find something very unexpected in the meantime))

  • Isabis works on documenting the outline of the find for the forms she intends to fill out, claiming the site, the moment they next hit civilization.
    As noon approaches, the group gathers their gear and each other by the sunpool
    Isabis: “Malaina! We’re planning to watch the pool at noon, see if it comes up normally and if it goes anywhere useful if it does. You want to come join us?”
  • Isabis walks around Vari and Vari so she can see Malaina
    Isabis: “We’d have asked you earlier, but you didn’t want to talk.”
  • Malaina looks over her shoulder, pausing in lacing her boots back up and she nods
    Isabis: “OK. I’ll wait for you down there then?”
  • Malaina turns back around and finishs with her boots, and then she hops down to the ground, shoulders her pack and wakes up the Varis, leading the way back to the cave
  • Jessaila waits quietly for a reply.
  • Seiankornai is already sitting at guard by the pool, waiting for something to happen
  • Thurirl comes back, having expected the others to want to explore the ruins more… he heard something about the sun pool?
    At noon the mists indeed rise off the pool…so far, no goblins have come through when you were there, nor is there any sign of tampering with the gate.
  • Isabis pockets the gate key
    Isabis: “Well, what do you all think – through the mists to whatever awaits beyond? Or back to standard travel?”

Seiankornai: “I think so, as long as we remember the password for coming back here in case it takes us to one of those goblin places.”

« 1d12 = 6 » – 1 to 8 are compass directions, 11 and 12 are the programmed destinations
Jessaila: “What was the password again?”

Isabis: “Don’t say it out loud!”

Jessaila: “Oh.”

Isabis: “…I have it written down.”

Seiankornai: “OK.”

Seiankornai: “Mala, Thuril, Vari, Nightscale, thoughts?”

Thurirl: “I would still like to explore the dwarven ruins further, yet I understand the need to travel. We can return at a more optimal time.”

Seiankornai: “With an army.”

Jessaila: “I am prepared to go this time.”

Isabis: “Or at least some of those traps you were talking about earlier, Thurirl.”

Isabis: “…Malaina? We promised not to treat you like a kid, so…what do you say?”

  • Malaina is still a little down and moody, so all she can really do is shrug and look away, looking a bit depressed
    Isabis: “I’ll take that as ‘I don’t care’ then. So! In we go…I’m going to lock the gate behind us this time.”

Thurirl: “Let us hope the enemy does not possess any copies of the key.”

Malaina is disconnected.
Malaina has connected.

  • Seiankornai steps into the pool
  • Jessaila follows, though her blades are ready.
  • Thurirl follows with his sword drawn.
  • Malaina goes in after all the others disappear in
  • Seiankornai looks around
  • Isabis follows the group last of all, making sure the gate is secure
    You come out in a place that…looks…familiar. Why does it look familiar?
    OH! Right. It’s near your path along the West Run from when you were investigating that ruin on the edge of gaunt territory.
  • Jessaila wonders why it looks familiar.
    Too bad you didn’t know it was there back then, it would’ve saved days of travel!
  • Isabis marks it on her map
    Jessaila is disconnected.
    Seiankornai: “Oh… this place.”

Jessaila has connected.
Jessaila: “Oh, hey. I know where we are, I think…”

Seiankornai: “Yeah, pretty familiar, and closer to civilization. Yay.”

Isabis: “Is that the West Run down there? Wish we’d known about this back when – oh! Hey, we get to chart a new pool! Whee, finders fees shall be ours.”

It is noon, but if you fly hard you might make it to Lin Moran by…well, not by nightfall, but maybe in time to get rooms at an inn.

  • Seiankornai stretches out his wings for a flight, “Time to travel the slower but steady way.”
  • Jessaila looks around at the familiar scenery, though she has some uneasiness being back this close to her old home.
  • Malaina goes over to one of the Varis and hops into the saddle
    Thurirl: “Indeed. It is my hope that we shall arrive to find our allies alive, in various states of non-serious injury.”

Nightscale: “WATER! ROOAR! I sleep in comfort tonight!”

Nightscale: ((LOL “in various states of non-serious injury” I love it))

  • Seiankornai let’s Isabis get on his back
    Nightscale: ((asking important player questions on IRC, in case anyone hadn’t noticed))
  • Isabis gets aboard Seian
    Seiankornai: ((let’s see, Isabis on Seian, Mala on a Vari, and Jess and Thuril on the other Vari and Nightscale, looks like some easy travelling))

You fly for the city, and make it juuuuuust barely before the inns close. There’s not much conversation to be had from night guards or a sleepy inkeeper, but morning brings opportunity to gather information.
Seiankornai: ((how long have we been travelling since Jess’ dream?))

Isabis: ((Two days I think. This is the early morning of day 3. Fourth day since leaving Khundrakar.))

Isabis: ((By the way, it’s not obvious unless you zoom in some, but I’m marking known sunpools with little 3×3 circles.))

Seiankornai: (ahhh))

  • Isabis gets a newspaper with her breakfast
  • Jessaila gets bacon with her breakfast.
  • Seiankornai ‘s head hovers over Isabis’ shoulder, “Anything about the drake king?”
    Thurirl: ((Thurirl gets a thief with his breakfast. =P Teach him not to rob the baker of his pastries.))

Isabis: “Hmm…doesn’t lool like it. And a drakish messenger should have been able to make it by today, right? Well, maybe…”

Isabis: ((one rep to Thurirl for making the GM laugh aloud twice in one session ))

Malaina is disconnected.
Isabis: ((also, thief catching))

Thurirl: ((just have to reward me with book-keeping, doncha? =P ah well… income is always nice))

Malaina has connected.

  • Jessaila browses over Isabis’s other shoulder.
    Seiankornai: “WEll, if that’s the case, no news is good news. I hope.”

Jessaila is disconnected.
Isabis: "Yesss…. but there’s another saying bother me. ‘Absence of evidence it not evidence of absence.’ "

Isabis: “…ugh. I see the Savinar cousins are still causing trouble. Imagine, hiring whole squads of Morset goons just for ordinary trade caravans…”

  • Malaina comes down to breakfast late, her hair down
    Seiankornai: ((newspaper, aka, new plot hook paper? :P ;) ))

Isabis: ((this is an old plot hook Just because /you/ aren’t investigating the trade route troubles anymore doesn’t mean they aren’t still happening.))

Jessaila has connected.
Seiankornai: “Good morning Mala, you look nice.”

Malaina: “Morning.”

  • Malaina goes to fix herself a plate
  • Thurirl comes in with a small package of some kind of pastry. They smell of savory meat. One disappears into his mouth as he sits down.
    Isabis: “If you ask me, Uncle would do himself a big favor to recall this Savinar incompetant as ambassador down here and send someone from Faran in his place. But. Still nothing about the Drake king.”

Thurirl: “We shall have to hope then that the vision was a premonition. A brief glance into a possible future.”

Seiankornai: “I don’t know which would be worse.”

Jessaila: “Or maybe our friends won their struggle, and we hear nothing because nothing actually happened.”

Isabis: “If that’s possibly sitll in the /future/ then we need to hurry even more so we can stay ahead of it.”

Isabis: “If it’s already happened…well the news would almost /have/ to be here by tomorrow.”

Jessaila: “Looks like we should get a move on, then.”

Isabis: “We could fly upriver to Per Loris today – Nightscale would love it, water the whole way.”

Jessaila is disconnected.
Seiankornai: “Yes, more flying to do.”

Jessaila has connected.
Jessaila: Jessaila: “Looks like we should get a move on, then.”

  • Seiankornai heads out after they’ve paid for their meals and prepares for flight yet again
    Seiankornai: ((we redy to continue?))

Malaina: ((Yea))

  • Jessaila is more than ready to go.
  • Thurirl hands out some of the pastries to the others if they like. If not, he shall hand them out later.
    You depart Lin Moran promptly after breakfast – no shopping for you today! Evening sees you in Per Loris, and boy are your wings tired – no joke
  • Seiankornai again is hovering over Isabis’ shoulder if/when she gets a newspaper for more news
  • Seiankornai shall repeat this at each stop
  • Jessaila similarly checks the news.
  • Thurirl wonders if there are any robbers bothering a butcher…
    Isabis: "Hmm…there’s a little piece here that might interest you, Seian. “Drake Priesthood and Sunchasers Destroy Crown of Doom.” Looks like the author didn’t have many details, though."

Seiankornai: “Crown of Doom? I wonder waht that is. Does it have the date?”

Isabis: “Four days ago, it says. Apparently the crown had some kind of Bloodghost curse on it? This lacks something of clear reporting.”

Jessaila is disconnected.
Seiankornai: “Well, that should match the events as Jessaila saw in her vision. Hopefully that is it.”

Isabis: “Hmm, I /think/ this is that same group we ran into last time we were traveling this way, though.”

Jessaila has connected.
Jessaila is disconnected.
Jessaila has connected.

  • Thurirl returns, having failed to find anyone harrassing the butcher’s shop. Probably all those sharp knives.
    You whisper to Thurirl: The butchery is good. The candle-stick emporium next door seems to be having some trouble.
    Seiankornai: “Well, it’s hopeful news, but we should be moving again regardless.”

You whisper to Thurirl: You get a free candle as thanks for pointing out that the candlemaker’s apprentice is /not/ the thief, it’s that guy hiding behind the wax barrels.

  • Isabis streches
    Isabis: “If you say so – it’s your wings.”

Jessaila: “Overnight?”

  • Seiankornai pulls his head out of hte window to check on the other drakes (er, and dragon)
    Thurirl whispers: I’m going to make a note of that in my inventory and pull it out when they least expect it. X3
    Nightscale: “Aww, but it’s such a /nice/ lake.”
  • Nightscale wants to say forever! Or at least until you figure out how to send her home.
    Isabis: “But there’s a /bigger/ lake at the next stop, you know.”

Seiankornai: “A crystal clear mountain lake, with nice warm hot springs feeding it. Ahhhhhhhh.”

Thurirl: “It would be unwise to tax our flying companions more than is necessary. We may require their skills in delivering lethal fire from the air.”

Seiankornai: “Not before Caskanoth.”

Isabis: “And Caskannoth will consider the Drake King /local/ news, and have more detail.”

You fly for Caskannoth – a long stretch, but helped by the favorable air currents over the lake.
You again arrive too late at night for proper information gathering, but the morning sees plenty of informed conversation

  • Isabis chats up the cook in the inn while eating breakfast; her bacon is getting cold.
  • Thurirl prefers to eavesdrop on various conversations to see what the local gossip is. Unreliable, but common points will give him an idea of where the truth lies.
    Isabis: “So the high priest was involved? SEIAN! Come listen to this!”
  • Seiankornai is already there
    Isabis: “Oh! Right behind me, of course.”

Seiankornai: “What?!? What happened?!?”

  • Jessaila comes down, toweling her hair dry.
    Jessaila: “What happened?”

Cook: “Right, what I’ve heard was that a group of Sunchasers, from Whitestone, came to the drakes with a Bloodghost artifact, to see if they knew how to destroy it.”

Isabis: “Logical.”

Cook: “Well, they were told to meet with Kahvretoth, the drakes’, well, he probably knows, their high priest I guess you could say.”

Seiankornai: “The proper term is Prime Flame Singer.”

  • Jessaila listens.
    Isabis: “He would be /the/ expert on anti-Bloodghost activities, I would think.”
  • Thurirl comes inside the inn and settles down to listen.
    Cook: “Prime Flame Singer then, anyway, they went to see him, he had some requirements for them to do, knocked out a small goblin tribe I hear, and gathered some other necessities. Then, right in the middle of the ritual they say an arrow came flying out of nowhere, struck the weakened crown and released the spirit trapped within it!”

Cook: “Then those sunchasers and the High, er, Prime Flame Singer, and a few other, er Flame Singers? they were all dragged into some weird nightmare world. At least their minds, their bodies were still in the waking world, but possed by that spirit.”

Jessaila: “So that was what happened!”

Cook: “Yeah, but they were able to fight in, wherever they were, and killed something called a Heatwood, no, Heartwood, yeah, a Heartwood Titan. And then they were freed and hte spirit destroyed, and the drake king much confused by his high priest….”

Seiankornai: “Prime Flame Singer.”

Cook: “…Prime Flame Singer, entering his throne room and then shaking themselves awkae all bewildered like then celebrating.”

Jessaila: “AHA!”

Isabis: “Hardly usual behavior for an audience with the king.”

Isabis: “Wait, so they definitely didn’t try to kill him then?”

Cook: “And that’s about it. Much thanks was given to the Sunchasers, the crown was destroyed, and all were saved.”

Cook: “Never did catch the person who fired the arrow though, said to have been a gaunt elf arrow.”

Cook: “Not them, no, ’twas the evil spirit that had control of their bodies.”

Thurirl: “A fascinating tale.”

Isabis: “But the king lived and everything, right? Uninjured, etc?”

Jessaila: “Ugh. Gaunt elves…”

Cook: “Right, no harm to the king, or the Prime Falme Singer, or the other Flame Singers or the sunchasers. Just aht spirit was destroyed, or banished, or whatever.”

Isabis: “Little out of their usual way, isn’t it? Besides, even I have a few guant-made arrows.”

Seiankornai: “Well, yes, that’s good, very good. I’m glad everyone is alright.”

  • Isabis quotes another famous sunchaser: “I found them in my spleen”
  • Seiankornai settles down, exhaustion finally catching up with him."
    Cook: “Anyway, I need to get back to the kitchen, you have a good day yourselvs.”

Isabis: “Yes, thank you. …oh, my breakfast is cold now. Drat.”

  • Jessaila would note that most of her arrows could’ve been gaunt elf arrows.
    Seiankornai: “Yes, thank you for telling us.”

Isabis: ((OK, so you guys want some downtime in Caskannoth then?))

  • Thurirl would heat up Isabis’ meal, but he doesn’t have that kind of spell.
    Malaina: ((Sure I guess, would we be able to know how much loot we got from the dwarven ruins?))

Isabis: ((er….))

Isabis: ((did I not tell you that already??))

Malaina: ((Not that I recall, I usually count whatever cut we get onto my sheet))

Isabis: ((erk. I’ll have to figure it out for next time, it will require log-crawling.))

Thurirl: ((I don’t remember a loot list…))

Seiankornai: ((nor I))

Isabis: ((You can probably find that knife you wanted here, though. Someone from House Morset is bound to have a trophy to sell, and this is the Matha capitol; if any group of humans will have orc weaponry this is them.))

Malaina: ((Cool, would we be able to roll to do jobs to earn more silver?))

Seiankornai: ((yes, that’s one of the things down time is for, just depends on how long we’ll be doing downtime))

Isabis: ((how long do you all want to stay?))

Seiankornai: ((I’m thinking of having Seian flying over to visit anyway, if the others are going to have downtime here, then coming back))

Malaina: ((Since we aren’t in a hurry anymore, I guess as long as we can do odd jobs, help out and recuperate))

Isabis takes advantage of the downtime to (among other things) get your claim on the Pass delve recorded in the Inter-Tribal Registry of Inhabited Historical Sites.
Thurirl: ((I think a long rest would be ideal. We’ve been in a rush for a while, especially to get down here.))

Game Saved
Isabis: Log continues:

Isabis: in the last 8 minutes…

Isabis: give me your final votes, what rooms do you want in the holding

Thurirl: Anyone think a Library would be good? Otherwise, I think I may change my vote from Armory to Escape Path.

Thurirl: Never hurts to have another exit.

Seiankornai: hmm, hard to say

  • Jessaila would go for library, though is generally fine with whatever.
    Malaina: Well, we do have three scholar types in the group, so a Library would be good for them

Malaina: But I am sticking with Escape Path for my vote

Seiankornai: knowledge checsk can be useful, but so can an escape if we’re in threat of goblin invasion

Isabis: Isabis would vote for library too.

Isabis: Escape path is…sort of redundant. The sunpool, the lower entrance, and Nightscale’s door all exist already.

Seiankornai: ah, so it’s pre-included?

Isabis: And an underwater exit you haven’t found yet

Malaina: well, Library and Throne Room?

Isabis: It’s not hidden under a DC25 search check…but there are a lot of exits.

Thurirl: Thurirl will not be voting for the Throne Room. =P I don’t think he’d see any point in it.

Seiankornai: library and workshop?

Thurirl: I have a feeling everyone agrees on the Workshop though. I haven’t seen an argument against it.

Isabis: Do you know what kind of workshop you want?

Thurirl: Ooooh… and now the technicalities…

Seiankornai: let’s see, there’s 13 to choose from

Isabis: I think it’s anything that you could have a kit for, except cooking (that’s the Kitchen) or theiving (no such thing as a thieves’ workshop)

Jessaila: Is the list on page 159?

Seiankornai: yes

Tak: workshops are stuff you have kits for, yes

Seiankornai: Actor’s props – Disguise/Mask
Carpenter’s kit – Crafting (Carpentry)
Carver’s kit – Crafting (Carving)
Chemist’s kit – Crafting (Chemistry)
Cook’s kit – Crafting (Cooking)
Doctor’s bag – edicine (all checks)
Mage’s pouch – Spellcasting (all checks)
Pharmacist’s kit – Crafting (Pharmacy)
Potter’s kit – Crafting (Pottery)
Scribe’s kit – Crafting (Inscription)
Smith’s kit – Crafting (Metalworking)
Stonecutter’s kit – Crafting (Masonry)
Tailor’s kit – Crafting (Tailoring)

Seiankornai: medicine, or spellcasting might make sense

Tak: so minus the Climber’s Kit and the Thieves’ Kit

  • Jessaila would do Spellcasting.
    Tak: (you can have a Cooking Workshop, the Kitchen is just’ free food’)

Tak: having the kit in your holding helps with checks of that type you make in the holding

Isabis: eh, if someone wants a bonus to cooking, they can use the kitchen

Seiankornai: think it over and decide by next session?

Thurirl: Might be a good idea.

Tak: Disguise/Mask, Carpentry, Carving, Chemistry, Cooking, Spellcasting, Pharmacy, Pottery, Inscription, Metalworking, Masonry, Tailoring

Seiankornai: (it’s not like we’re going to be moving in right away :P )

Isabis: OK, I’m hearing “Library and some kind of workshop, or maaaaybe throne room.”

Malaina: I like the idea of a workshop, but I don’t know how useful it would be for Mala

Isabis: no crafting skills?

Malaina: nope, not one of the skills i can take

Seiankornai: how about medicine?

Malaina: Drake Medicine

Isabis: We have to be in the holding to use it…

Seiankornai: anyone got some form of crafting?

Malaina: Take that as a no?

  • Isabis can craft woodworking, pharmacy, inscription, and add Charms
    Isabis: …but if I’m the /only/ one…

Thurirl: I dunno. I’m pretty sure only Thurirl would be interested in a Disguise workshop…

Seiankornai: hmm, Library and Throne Room (or Dressing Room)?

Isabis: Heh, OK, everyone look at your character sheets and well come back to it next week.

Seiankornai: ok

Isabis: along with “how much money do we have to spend”

Malaina: Mala has 717s in savings

Isabis: I meant from Khundrukar, I assume your records are accurate on your savings

Malaina: I have no clue what we got from Khundrukar, I know we found alot of loot, but how much it all comes to and what we keep, I really don’t know

Isabis: Exactly. So next week, I will have figured out how much you got from Khundrukar and tell you.

Seiankornai: which is what DH will be figuring out for next week

Thurirl: okay

Isabis: ( Bad GM, forgetting to tell the players what they have available for resources )

Malaina: Okie dokie

  • Dragonhawk assigns herself a no-cookie day
    Return next week, for thrills, chills, downtime calculations, and Malaina’s Subplot Big Reveal (dun dun DUN!)
    Host: Woooooooo!

…you /might/ even get to meeting the keeper of the last fragment!
Log Saved
Thurirl is disconnected.

Log 105
Log 107

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 106

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User