Log 107

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 106
Log 108

Seiankornai has connected.
Host has connected.
Uatu has connected.
Seiankornai: who is “Uatu” then? :P

Uatu: The Watcher

Uatu: http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/thumb/9/92/Thewatcher01.jpg/200px-Thewatcher01.jpg

Uatu: he watches

Uatu: doesn’t… doesn’t really do much else than that

Uatu: not a very well thought out character

Jessaila has connected.
Seiankornai: heh

Dragonhawk: looks like he doesn’t enjoy what he sees much 9.9

Malaina has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
When last we saw our heroes, they had decided to take just a little time off to recover from their fright and and flight (and the drakes did a /lot/ of flying)
Dragonhawk: (taking a week was it?)

  • Seiankornai is quite glad to be home
    Malaina: ((I thought it was two))

Thurirl: ((At least a week, then.))

Seiankornai: ((by my calculations we were going to juuuuuust barely miss the other group, who left a week after the events))

You may make downtime checks for one week now if you would like to
Malaina: ((What do we roll again? It’s been a while.))

Seiankornai: ((crafting is the go to skill for that, but pretty much any skill can be used to generate reputation if you give a good reason as to why it does so))

Dragonhawk: ((pg 68 ff))

Malaina: ((Could I take Taks suggestion and roll and Impress check with 2 AD to boost if need be? Mala relaxing herself from her troubles by telling stories?))

Seiankornai: ((taht seems like a reasonable method))

Dragonhawk: ((if you are looking to make reputation, sure.))

Malaina: « 1d20+15 = 15 + 15 = 30 » Impress

Malaina: ((I am guessing I don’t need to roll the AD?))

  • Jessaila starts looking into local crimes, and shall investigate one.
    Dragonhawk: you can’t AD downtime checks

Seiankornai: ((I don’t think AD are allowed on dow… that))

Malaina: ((Well, there is the 30))

Malaina impresses the local taverners (1 rep)

  • Malaina takes some time to herself to make herself relax and stop being so troubled and goes to the local taverns to tell stories of her groups adventures
  • Jessaila checks something out. « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » Investigate
    Dragonhawk: *Isabis attempts to earn reputation using her investigate skill at the local academy « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »

Jessaila: ((Investigate to… investigate… a local crime.))

  • Malaina approachs Jess one day when she isn’t busy, looking a bit nervous and twiddling her fingers
    Dragonhawk: (none for me )

Jessaila: “Hey Mala.”

Dragonhawk: (Jessaila doesn’t make the reputation threshold either, sorry.)

Jessaila: ((What’s the threshhold?))

Dragonhawk: (26 for a 1-week check. Did I mention you can’t AD downtime checks?)

Malaina: “Ummm…I probably have no right asking, especially how I acted a couple of days ago, but I heard of this ex-sunchaser that sells weapons and I was going to go look for him and see what he had avaliable. I understand if you don’t want to.”

Jessaila: ((I should’ve gone for acrobatics. ))

  • Seiankornai reintegrates into local drake culture and establishes a bit of dominance (intimidate « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » )
    Jessaila: “Weapons? Sure, I’ll go with you, Mala.”

Jessaila: “Are you thinking of buying something?”

  • Seiankornai is told he’s been around the humans too long and has grown quite soft, apparently
  • Isabis finds her research foundering under the burden of interminable offical entertainments her cousins rope her into
    Jessaila: ((Jessaila pokes Seian. “Not soft at all. Not even a little squishy.”))

Malaina: “Yes, remember those skeletons we ran into? I think I need something that can be more effective against them.”

Isabis: “Please, take me with you. Anything to be unavailable for another garden party.”

Jessaila: “Sure, I’ll go. Maybe something will catch my eye, too.”

Jessaila: “What sort of weapon do you have in mind?”

Malaina: “You want to come with us Isabis?”

  • Malaina is a bit surprised by that
    Malaina: “Oh, some kind of hammer, perhaps a mace.”

Isabis: “I’d go shopping with Grok if it kept me away from my cousins today. Besides, you’re right about the skeletons. My hand-claw wasn’t much good against something that was mostly holes and magic.”

Isabis: “And don’t even get me started on the arrows!”

Malaina: “Neither was my halbred, I was lucky enough getting the hits I did.”

Malaina: “Alright then, let’s go!”

  • Malaina looks a bit excited
  • Isabis leans out of the inn, looks left, looks right…
    Isabis: “OK, no messengers at the moment. Let’s move!”

Jessaila is disconnected.
Isabis: (( …she moved the wrong way ))

  • Malaina heads out with the others
    Jessaila has connected.
  • Seiankornai comes tromping back to the inn, grumbling (a girl-drake laughed at him), then sees the girls running out as if under threat and gets curious
  • Isabis hides in her cloak even though it is a sunny day until they get out of the street the inn is on
  • Malaina waves to Seian
    Jessaila: “I lost my boomerang to that slime-creature. Now I don’t have anything but my bow and fencing weapons.”

Malaina: “Well, if we find this ex-sunchaser, maybe he will have something useful!”

Isabis: “You never know what someone in our profession might have collected over the years. I just hope he wasn’t the kind that gets into grisly trophies.”

Malaina: “With Seian and the Vari’s, only prizes we get are things that aren’t digestable in a drakes stomach.”

Seiankornai: “Where are you three going?”

Jessaila: “Shopping!”

Malaina: “For weapons!”

Seiankornai: “Oh… so I guess I might as well stay and keep Vari company.”

Malaina: “I ordered a few goats for him, I am sure he will share with you if you ask nicely.”

Isabis: “Fraid so. We’re looking for skeleton-killing tools, and you’ve already got a mouthful.”

Seiankornai: “Hess. You go have fun then. Maybe I’ll try to convince Vari, both of them, to come on a hunt with me, if the goats aren’t filling enough.”

Malaina: “That should be good for him, let him see how a full grown male hunts.”

  • Seiankornai nods, and heads in to the inn’s courtyard
    Isabis: “Have fun, then! If you see any palace messengers looking for me, tell them I went to view the Drakish Element Gardens in Shadeiborough.”
  • Seiankornai also wants to check on how Nightscale is doing
    Jessaila is disconnected.
    Jessaila has connected.
    Malaina: “Tell them both I will see them later and to not bicker too much.”

Nightscale found a bank that would keep her hoard-bag in the vault for a weekly fee (Sunchaser eh?) and is spending most of her time in the glorious, glorious clear-water lake!

  • Malaina excitedly heads out with Jess and Isabis, a far cry from how moody and depressed she was a few days ago
  • Isabis chats with the other ladies as they walk along, not at all in the direction of Shadeiborough.
  • Malaina heads for the market area, hoping they can catch the seller there since she isn’t quite sure where he is, just that he is in the city and has his old prizes for sale
  • Seiankornai spots the Varis, and wonders to himself again how long he’ll be split in two.“Hello Vari, how are you two doing?”
  • Vari looks over to Seian, lazily lounging in a sunny area, “We are doing alright.”
  • Jessaila glances through the market stalls as they walk, just keeping an eye out for interesting things.
    Isabis: ((couple more weeks))

You whisper to Jessaila: You see colorful boomerangs, made for kids
Seiankornai: “Mala told me she got you two a few goats, but I was wondering if you might still be hungry.”

Jessaila: “…they call those things boomerangs? They wouldn’t hurt a housefly…”

  • Vari looks over to his twin and then back to the older male, “Yea, they were a nice breakfast, but we will be hungry again soon.”
    Isabis: “For training, and competition.”

Isabis: “…and as toys.”

Seiankornai: “Then how about we go on a hunt? A good prop hunt for food in the mountains and hills.”

Jessaila: “Toys. Heh, I suppose. They’re about the same quality as the ones I learned to throw.”

Vari: “A hunt?” Looks to his twin, looking unsure, “We’ve never been on a hunt without Mala.”

Malaina: “Well, we certainly aren’t looking for toys.”

Jessaila: “Nope.”

Seiankornai: “Well, the area is safe enough, no one’s going to try to hurt her and she’s already shopping with the other girls for weapons, which could take hours.”

  • Malaina asks for directions to the ex-sunchaser
    Vari: “I guess….and we could find something bigger then a goat.”

Isabis: ((Malaina, roll investigate vs 15))

Seiankornai: “(And I’d pity any thug who’d try to mug her.)”

Vari: ((I don’t have Investigate))

Jessaila: ((Ooh, we need street thugs, now, DH!))

Isabis: ((LOL « 1d3 = 3 » on 3 I whip up some street thugs))

Jessaila: ((Yes!))

Seiankornai: “Oooh, ever had a jungle elephant? They’re sometimes at the foot of the mountains on the other side. Though it’d be a fairly long flight there and back.”

Malaina: ((Fight?))

Isabis: ((…OK then! to the “rogues gallery” for stats!))

Isabis: ((in a bit. Maybe you can try out your new weapon on them ))

  • Vari stands up, stretching, his twin doing the same and both of them nod, looking a bit excited, “Well, they may be gone for a long time, human females seem to take forever in a market,”
    Seiankornai: ((/me is guessing you’re going to have a “That’s a knife? That’s not a knife.” pulls out his knife “That’s a knife.”))

Vari: ((I would like that very much!))

  • Jessaila shall ask a passer-by for directions to the seller.
    Isabis: ((OK then, still gatehr information vs 15))

Jessaila: ((Um…))

Jessaila: ((Investigate?))

  • Seiankornai calls out “Nightscale! Would you like to go on a hunt? Or are you happy in the lake?”
  • Jessaila checks something out. « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 » Investigate
    Nightscale: “What are you hunting? It’s nice to have water after all that dry flying, but I am getting kind of bored.”

Seiankornai: “We’ll be flying over the mountains, seeing what we can find, and if we reach the other side we may find an elephant.”

Stallkeeper: “Oh, the crazy suchaser – yeah, he’s up to the corner o’ wide street.”

Jessaila: “Thank you much!”

  • Jessaila shall go that direction.
    Malaina: “Thank you!”

NIghtscale: “Eleph-what? Wait, you mean a snakenose??”

  • Malaina follows after Jess
    Seiankornai: “I guess their nose is kind of like that, yes.”

isabis: “Thanks for assist, and good business to you.”

Nighscale: “This I’ve got to see.”

  • Nighscale launches out of the lake and showers the local dock workers with water
  • Seiankornai takes off as well
    Nighscale: “Lead the way, little reddrake.”
  • Vari follows after Seian, his other half flying beside him
  • Seiankornai leads the others a liesurely way over the mountains, dropping down now and then to get a better view of a flash of movement here and there
  • Jessaila keeps an eye on the crowd of merchants and shoppers for the seller.
  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » Notice
    You whisper to Jessaila: You can recognize the correct stall by the stylized guy-chasing-a-sun and astounding dislay of used weaponry
    JessailaGrey has connected.
    You whisper to Jessaila: You can recognize the correct stall by the stylized guy-chasing-a-sun and astounding dislay of used weaponry
    JessailaGrey: “There he is.”

Jessaila is disconnected.

  • Seiankornai poitns out various landmarks to his companions, both for a little bit of historical value and for navigating back home
    Unknown command: “eYou can recognize the correct stall by the stylized guy-chasing-a-sun and astounding dislay of used weaponry”. Try /help for a list of commands.
    You can recognize the correct stall by the stylized guy-chasing-a-sun and astounding dislay of used weaponry
  • Malaina makes her way over, looking giddy at all the goodies before her
    JessailaGrey is disconnected.
    JessailaGrey has connected.
    Isabis: “Huh – is that an actual obsidian blade? It’s easeir to get an actual drakes-tooth than one of those things.”

JessailaGrey: “Obsidian…?”

  • JessailaGrey looks at that.
    Seiankornai: “Oh, there’s my parents’ cave. Perhaps we should stop there on the way back.”

Isabis: (( kind of like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macuahuitl ))

Malaina: ((Link doesn’t have a picture))

  • Seiankornai points to a well manicured bit of mountain side, with several terraces of lush foiliage and a few streams and falls, all surrounding a finely carved cave mouth.
  • JessailaGrey is curious to see if the seller has anything like her own fencing saber – or better.
    Malaina whispers: testing
  • Seiankornai continues to fly on though, aiming for a mountain pass to fly through
    You whisper to Malaina: test confirmed
    Malaina: « 1d20+8+2 = 15 + 8 + 2 = 25 » Weapons Knowledge Check

You whisper to Malaina: These rare weapons are of drakish make. Always sharp, the cutting edges are actually volcanic glass. They often carry essences, making them great prizes even within drakish culture; it is very rare for a human to own one.

  • Seiankornai flies on with the others for an hour, stopping for breaks every now and then
    Seiankornai: “And there’s the jungles!”

Malaina: “Isabis, Jess, would you be able to tell if any of these have magic to them?”

Isabis: “I can check, sure.”

  • Malaina spots what looks like some kind of stiletto, but one she has never seen before
    Isabis: “I thought you wanted a skeleton hammer though?”
  • Isabis inspects the obsidian blade
  • JessailaGrey casts Read Magic.
    JessailaGrey: « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » Magic

Malaina: “I do, but this looks so dangerous and fun!!”

  • Malaina looks at the hammers and maces, but will ask about that stiletto
    OldSunchaser: “Hello ladies. Looking for something to impress the men in…no wait. I recognize you. You’re those folks that had that little adventure in gaunt territory a few months ago, aren’t you? …ah, your ogre friend isn’t here is he?”

Malaina: “No, he and another one of our friends went on an escorting mission.”

« 1d12 = 1 » NPC Quality?
« 1d10+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 » NPC Quality that halfway makes sense?
« 1d2 = 1 » leser or greater
JessailaGrey: “And we don’t need to impress the men in our lives with weapons. We need weapons to impress our enemies, right before we bury them.”

OldSunchaser: “Oh, good. I’m always pleased when my customers are in the business, as it were but…he seems the type to try out the wares a bit more energetically than the shop can handle.”

Malaina: “Don’t worry, we won’t break anything of yours. I was wondering if you had any hammers or maces. We ran into some skeletons and found the weapons we have now weren’t up to par.”

OldSunchaser: “Tell the truth, I hate it like mountainfire when some fluffy little town girl buys something – they just don’t know how to appreciate it, you know? And all the good stuff has a story behind it.”

OldSunchaser: “Something for skeletons…yeah. I got that. Wait one minute.”

OldSunchaser: ((brb))

JessailaGrey: “Fluffy little town girl, ha!”

  • Malaina gently elbows Jess, “I don’t know, you look like you could be a blushing town girl!”
    JessailaGrey: “Ha! I could blush, but I don’t think I’ve ever been anything close to a town girl.”

Malaina: “Well, stick you in a dress and fluff your hair up, you’d make a fine town girl!”

  • OldSunchaser hunts around in a chest and finally comes up with a wicked looking studded ball mace.
    OldSunchaser: “Here now – if you’re a sunchaser you’re probably strong for your size, but give ‘er a swing just to be sure she’s in your range now.”

Malaina: “Ooooooo, that looks like fun!”

  • JessailaGrey chortles in response to Malaina, unable to deny that one.
  • Malaina gratefully takes the mace and stands back so not to hit anyone or even the stand and gives it a swing
  • Seiankornai stretches his wings out and begins a gliding decent towards the jungle
    OldSunchaser: “I got this offa this looney gaunt – and I mean, so looney he made most of ‘em look sane. He had this old graveyard, and he’d animat the bones whenever somebody he didn’t like came calling, to ‘protect the graves from desecration’ he claimed, like makin’ the honored dead get up and swing weapons ain’t desecrating their graves.”
  • Vari has been flying behind Seian, taking in the landmarks and anything else of note
    Malaina: “Oh wow, that must have been a battle! The next skeleton won’t know what hit him when I swing at em!”

JessailaGrey: “…I’ve met more looney gaunts.”

OldSunchaser: “There I was, nothing blunt but my walking stick and wondering if I’m gonna survive this one, when I realize the ‘king’ skeleton is carrying /just/ what I need. Well it was a trick taking it away from them – the skeleton and the puppetmaster I mean. But once I got it in my own hot living hands the rest was a piece o’ cake.”

Malaina: “Bones everywhere!”

OldSunchaser: “Heh, yeah, most of ‘em broken after that. Shame about the graveyard, I admit, but the living come first, ’specially when they’re me and mine.”

JessailaGrey: “Agreed.”

Malaina: “Oh yea! I’ll take this mace, will certainly come in handy! Now, about this stiletto…”

  • JessailaGrey gets out her saber. “Got this one off a gaunt, too.”
    OldSunchaser: “Oh?”
  • OldSunchaser casts a practiced eye along the blade
    OldSunchaser: “Good quality. Is it old or /really old/ do you figure?”

« 1d20 = 18 » anything but the lesser essence on that?
so that’s a greater charm, which one? « 1d20 = 13 »
JessailaGrey: “It’s older than me, I know that. Which may not say much.”

JessailaGrey: “I guess it was made within the last hundred years, though.”

spell effect, usable no. of times per table 4.39 « 1d20 = 20 »
random effect « 1d4 = 2 » « 1d4 = 3 » « 1d6 = 4 »
random effect « 1d4 = 2 » « 1d4 = 2 » « 1d6 = 4 » second option
random effect « 1d4 = 3 » « 1d4 = 3 » « 1d6 = 6 » third option
Malaina: ((Hello?))

Seiankornai: ((she’s looking things up it seems))

JessailaGrey is disconnected.
OldSunchaser: “Heh, practically new for a guant weapon.”

Malaina: ((Ahh, ok))

JessailaGrey has connected.
The drakes enjoy the hot sun over the jungle; below goats hide in the thickets. More exotic prey scurries through the undergrowth or the canopy.
OldSunchaser: (drakes, notice check)

OldSunchaser: “Heh, practically new for a guant weapon.”

Seiankornai: ((Notice « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » ))

Vari: « 1d20+2+1 = 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 » Notice

Vari: « 1d20+2+1 = 12 + 2 + 1 = 15 » Notice for Vari 2

Isabis: “This is pretty impressive – how ever did you gain posession of a drake blade with a Sacred Aura?”

Seiankornai: “I’m not seeing any elephant, alas. But there are more goats at least.”

The jungle teems with noises, but you hear not elephants trumpeting nearby
Seiankornai: “Let’s try taking a closer look by that river.”

  • Seiankornai swoops down lower over the jungle
    Seiankornai: ((Searching « 1d20+9 = 7 + 9 = 16 » ))

JessailaGrey is disconnected.
Malaina: ((Would a Survival check help?))

OldSunchaser: ((if Vari made it))

Jessaila has connected.
OldSunchaser: “Aah, that – I got it third-hand of course. I reckon the orcs took it off a drake priest just before our ancestors came outta the moon pool. I took it off the /orc/ priest, after my partner and I beat half the village in battle. I guess we accidentally interrupted their regularly scheduled bargaining-with-unholy-spirits and drinking party.”

Vari: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Survival

OldSunchaser: “He told me it was cursed, but the drakes said it was him that was cursed and couldn’t use the thing ’cause it was too holy.”

Vari: ((Add a +1 to that since it doesn’t look like I updated his Surival Macro))

You whisper to Malaina: Vari smells a watering hole, and swinging over to check it, beholds what can only be a “snakenose” drinking there.

  • OldSunchaser gestures to the interesting dagger Malaina was looking at earlier
    OldSunchaser: “That dagger there came from the chief of the same village.”

Malaina: “So it’s an actual orc weapon?!”

  • Vari signals to Seian, his twin and Nightscale
    OldSunchaser: “The dagger? Yeah, don’t see too many of those on this side of the range. Nasty business, but then, that’s what weapons are really for eh?”
  • Nightscale angles over to the signalling Vari and looks down
    Nightscale: “Wow, there really is a snakenose…I mean, elefoot, down there.”

Vari: “Shall we try to get one?”

  • Malaina stares at the dagger, a determined look on her face, “I must have it…”
  • Malaina believes it is destiny for her to have this weapon
    Nightscale: “Shells, yes. I’m nog letting it get away without a chase at least!”

Nightscale: ((not letting))

Seiankornai: ((Back))

OldSunchaser: “Heh, well I must sell it, so that works out well. Hope you been well paid lately…”

  • Seiankornai swings over to join the others, “Yes, I think we should try, looks like a nice medium sized one.”
  • OldSunchaser has panache. Prudence? Maybe left that bit of character development for a little late in life.
    Seiankornai: “It doesn’t seem to have noticed or cared about us yet, so we should have a few moments to plan our attack. We should block off possibly escape routes, which looks like there’s a couple along the river itself, and possibly one or two into the trees, if we make it run towards the mountains and the open then it’ll be easier for us.”
  • Malaina has enough on her to possible get the mace and that orcish stietto
  • Vari nods his head, letting Seian direct him and his other self to where the best place would be to spring their ambush
  • OldSunchaser gets down to bargaining with Malaina while the others continue to browse
    You whisper to Jessaila: You find a pair of boomerangs – right handed and left handed construction, with mirror image decorations. There’s a small sign indicating they will be sold only as a pair.
    Seiankornai: “If Nightscale could drop down onto the far path by the river, I’ll drop into the trees near it, and Vari waits further down in ambush. Try to limit your flame though, we don’t want to set the whole jungle ablaze, unless we spot an orc amry matching through it, then fire away and forget the elephant.”

Jessaila: “Huh. Isabis, look at these paired boomerangs.”

Malaina whispers: Do you want me to roll anything, even though I don’t have Haggle, or just say she pays him for the two weapons?

  • Seiankornai waits for Vari to get to position until he signals Nightscale to begin the attack
  • Vari nods his head and when they can, go to set themselves up for their part in the hunt
    Player “Your” is not connected.
    You whisper to Malaina: Your call. He has a decent haggle bonus, so it’s probably better to just skip it and pay full price.
  • Nightscale attacks from along the river, bellowing and roaring to make the elephant panic and run for the open spaces.
    Jessaila: “Paired boomerangs, only sold as a set.”
  • Malaina finds the old sunchaser is her kind of guy and pays the full price for the orc stiletto and the mace, having liked the stories behind them and hoping to make her own stories with them
    Isabis: “Interesting. The design looks sorta pechish?”
  • Seiankornai drops into the forest, taking care to avoid particularly large and pointy bracnhes, RAWR!!
    Isabis: “Big for pech make, though.”
  • Vari roars and breaths fire when the elephant when he is within range, his twin moving to cut off his path with fire and roaring as well
  • Jessaila heads over to the old sunchaser. “What’s the story with these boomerangs, sir?”
  • Seiankornai chases after the elephant from behind
  • Malaina finds a place on her pack to hang her mace from
    Seiankornai: ((would the Vari’s care to roll the first attack checks?))

OldSunchaser: “Ah, yeah, I took a bad sunpool once and ended up someplace nobody’d ever heard of Melios. Pechs and ogres and more pechs and more ogres in all the countries around. Learned Woanish there – the folks in teh Brenne Stones still insist I have an accent like a drake with his mouth full. Took my partner and I over a year to get back. The boomerangs were a prize in a ranged-combat competition – we took first place in the parners’ near-range division.”

Vari: ((Sure, fire attack?))

Seiankornai: ((that’s what you did)

Vari: « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire

OldSunchaser: “The runners up decided to wrestle us for the prize, which was a problem because they were ogres see, but in the end we won again – more in a track and field sort of way though, to be honest.”

Seiankornai: ((hit))

Vari: « 3d6 = 8 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

Vari: « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire For Vari 2

  • Jessaila laughs.
    OldSunchaser: “My partner loved his set, used to actually throw ‘em with both hands. He was impressive as saltlands, standing there with one held over his head and one low by his side, ready to spin ’em both off. Especially the second time, when the enemy’d had a chance to see he was really gonna hit somethign with both throws!”

Jessaila: “Hopefully not a ‘you don’t have to run faster than the bear, just the other guy’ sort of thing?”

Seiankornai: (Elephant Damage Save « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 » vs 13)

Vari: ((Does second attack hit?))

OldSunchaser: “What, with the ogres? Nah, it was more of a ‘run fast enough to use your ranged weapons at range’ sort of a deal.”

OldSunchaser: “Bird arrows from the competition, mostly.”

Jessaila: “Ah, I see.”

Seiankornai: ((oh, yes, missed it)

Seiankornai: ((it has defense 14))

Seiankornai: ((er

Seiankornai: hit it))

Jessaila: “I lost the boomerang my husband carved for me a few weeks back. I was looking for something to replace it with.”

Seiankornai: ((was thinking “hit” typed “miss” sorry))

OldSunchaser: “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Well, like I said to your friend, I’m selling. I used to keep everything for the stories in ‘em, but I’m too old to chase the sun and I still gotta eat – and this way I have an excuse to tell every story at least one more time before I go, eh?”

  • Jessaila nods.
    Seiankornai: ((so roll second Vari’s damage))

Jessaila: “So… hm. How much for the pair?”

OldSunchaser: ((2x Pech boomerang is 36s))

OldSunchaser: “I’m asking 40 silver – they’re used, but very good construction…”

Vari: « 3d6 = 10 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage

  • OldSunchaser goes back into bargaining mode
    Seiankornai: (Elephant Damage Save « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » vs 17)

You whisper to Jessaila: Since he likes you, you can either roll to bargain or just choose to pay the list price.
That’s one tough elephant, seems to have witness drake attacks before and uses its ears to cover the vital parts of its face from the fire

  • Jessaila strokes her chin in a thoughtful fashion.
    The giant ears are probably now ruined but it’s going to live for a few more moments
  • Malaina leans against the pole of the stall, arms folded, but smiling
    OldSunchaser: ((they’re not ruined, they’re well-roasted :9 ))
  • Seiankornai tries to pounce on it from the back and bite its neck
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage, AP 1
    Seiankornai: (Elephant Damage Save « 1d20+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 » vs 21)

Jessaila is disconnected.
Jessaila has connected.

  • OldSunchaser points out the unique decorative style available only in their place of origin, and who knows when next a sunpool will open from here to there? Maybe never – well cared for, solid edge…
  • Seiankornai weakens the elephant greatly, as it is now streaming blood, before it throw him off itself.
  • Elephant tries to kick Seian away
    Kick hits « 1d20+12 = 15 + 12 = 27 » for « 2d8+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 »
    Seiankornai: “Ooorarrrawr!!”
  • Seiankornai takes an elephants foot to the gut
  • Elephant then charges on ahead past the Vari’s
    Seiankornai: “Cough after wheez it. Erg.”

OldSunchaser: ((that lady drake was /right/ you are out of shape :P ))

Seiankornai: ((Vari and/or Nightscale can go again))

Malaina: ((I’m not going to, we’ve spent alot of time just doing this))

  • Thurirl may be brooding on a rooftop or in a dark alley somewhere. Or he’s just out practicing stealth within a crowd. Hard to keep track of him sometimes…
    The girls complete their purchases and leave with new tools of the trade and enough stories to trade for a week’s worth or ales at any respectable sunchaser hangout
    You whisper to Thurirl: Somebody was following him in the marketplace again. It wasn’t the guy with the sign from Faer Padris, but it was /llike/ that guy. Very unnerving.
    You whisper to Thurirl: Fortunately he gave up when you started going down random back alleys, and everyone else has been treating you as properly invisible.
  • Thurirl is… ah, there he is! In the market place, mingling with the crowd. Seems to be testing his ability to go untouched and unnoticed.
    You whisper to Seiankornai: roll one more attack and see if you can kill the thing 9.9
  • Seiankornai tries to take the elephant down with one more bite
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d10+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 »
    Seiankornai: Elephant Damage save « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » vs 19
  • Seiankornai does one more bite on « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 » for « 1d10+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 »))
    Seiankornai: Elephant Damage save « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » vs 25

Malaina is disconnected.
OldSunchaser: ((Oh good it’s stunned you can coup-de-grace it ))

Jessaila is disconnected.
Seiankornai is disconnected.
Thurirl: ((we ending for tonight then? or did you want to freak out thurirl some more? =P))

Dragonhawk: Yeah, it looks like everyone’s asleep or nearly so

Thurirl: Aww, okay.

Thurirl: And I just started imagining Thurirl being ambushed by “random smelly prophet” and responding by almost putting a knife through his throat. XD

Dragonhawk: heh

Thurirl: “How on earth do you keep finding me?”

Dragonhawk: feel free to write a journal entry or something on the adventuring log at Obsidian Portal

Thurirl: …asked in the calmest tone of bewilderment you’ve ever heard.

Thurirl: oh, I forgot about that

Thurirl: I’m so bad about keeping up. .;;

Dragonhawk: StreetPreacher: “You keep appearing before my eyes – how could I not?”

Thurirl: snrk X3

Thurirl: That’d really throw him!

Dragonhawk: hehe that’s kind of the idea

Thurirl: meeting the Drake King will be interesting…

Thurirl: anyway, signing off here

Dragonhawk: goodnight

Log Saved

Log 106
Log 108

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 107

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User