Log 110

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 109
Log 111

Host has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Jillintkivan has just shown you a…“library.” Or possibly a “minimally organized pile of books.”
While Isabis and Jessaila dive in like dry mermaids at the sight of home waters, the rest of you are having thoughts…thoughts like “isn’t there ANYTHING else constructive we could be doing??”
Seiankornai: And other thoughts like “I’m hungry.”

Those of you who wanted to check out Cloud-River’s Delta first may be thinking of that too
Dragonhawk: ^ Railroad-esque hint

Thurirl: ((chugga-chugga-choo-choo?))

  • Malaina wouldn’t mind checking this place out, if only so she doesn’t fall asleep due to boredom
  • Seiankornai asides to Mala and Thurirl, “So, shall we go visit… old home? Kinda not much for us to do here.”
    Unknown command: “nick Isabis-And-Jessaila”. Try /help for a list of commands.
    Thurirl is disconnected.
    Malaina: “Yea, these two will be busy, we can leave one of the Varis to keep an eye on them.”

Seiankornai: “Seems safe enough, but probably for the best.”

Isabis-And-Jessaila: “Does that look like a catalog?” “Check over there – oh, nevermind, that’s an encyclopedia. I think…” “Ooh, Doronavan’s Catalog of Rare Flora! This is such an awesome book.”

  • Vari plays a game to see who stays and who goes
    Vari: « 1d2 = 1 » 2 = Vari 2 stays
  • Vari grumbles cause he lost and flumps down, pouting
  • Malaina pets the pouting drake, “Don’t worry, we will be back before you know it.”
    Isabis-And-Jessaila: “Vari, look at this! A history of humanity’s interactions with the drakes, co-authored by one of each race!”

Isabis-And-Jessaila: “Vari, hold this shelf up a minute will you?” “Vari, move your tail please – thank you.”

Seiankornai: “Poor Vari.”

  • Vari tries to give Mala the ‘baby drake’ eyes, begging her to let him go too
    Isabis-And-Jessaila: (tomorrow, he will remember today as the Best of times and the Worst of times )

Malaina: “Sorry, but someone big has to stay and keep an eye on things.”

  • Seiankornai whispers t o the pouting Vari, “cheer up, when you merge back with your twin you’ll remember the adventure he went on. Also, he’ll have to remember going through this.”
  • Vari huffs, but trundles over to go help Isabis and Jess
    Thurirl has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((wb))

Seiankornai: ((I shall send PMs))

  • Jillintkivan sidles up to Vari1 and whispers, “Keep them from doing it to me, and I’ll buy you a fresh cow in the village after they give up.”
  • Vari looks like he doesn’t want to talk to the older drake, but perks up at the offer of a fresh cow and accepts the deal
  • Seiankornai heads out of the cave, “Get on up, Thurirl.”
  • Jillintkivan retires uneasily to a corner
  • Vari 1 does look sorry for his twin, but he isn’t about to get stuck helping with paper work and books all day. So he gets himself ready by letting Mala hop onto the saddle and spreads his wings, ready to take off
    Jillintkivan: “Hey! No wings in the book room!”
  • Thurirl gets up from his place in the main entrance and follows Seian, leaving his introspection for later.
  • Jillintkivan reconsiders his position and decides to see the traveling party out to the door
  • Jillintkivan tells Vari2 over his shoulder, “You’re in charge – don’t let them break anything!”
  • Vari 1 grunts in reply, having to hold a shelf up
  • Jillintkivan escorts the other Vari to the front door, along with Seian and their respective riders-du-jour
    Isabis-And-Jessaila: “OK, you take that half and I’ll take this half, and Vari can hold whatever needs more detailed investigation…”
  • Seiankornai says farewell and takes off when they’re outside
    Malaina: “Hope those two don’t wear him out too much.”
  • Vari now spreads his wings once he is outside and can take off
  • Isabis-And-Jessaila wave distracted goodbyes as you exit the room and settle in to a thorough search of the pile
    It’s a longish flight to the old town, but you are of course aided by the cloud river itself, so it’s good fast flying
  • Seiankornai sings as they fly
    You overnight in the hills and approach the coast the morning of the next day. You can see why the village was called the cloud river’ /delta/ now; the island offshore splits the stream of air, making any clouds which may be following it divide and spread around the island
    On the mainland coast, almost directly in line with the windstream, you find the ghost town
    Seiankornai: “A beautiful view, is it not?”

Malaina: “Bet it was even better when the drakes lived here.”

Seiankornai: “Yes…”

The architecture is primarily drakish; much use made of natural hills and caves, and free-standing structures mounded over and landscaped to look like natural hills

  • Malaina steers Vari to a safe place to land
    Thurirl: “A pity we could not see it before it was destroyed. Perhaps, one day, we can live in peace, and evil shall be wiped from the hearts of all people.”

Seiankornai: “We’ll find out in a couple of years if we have a chance.”

With such sturdy construction methods, little structural damage is evident except here and there where a free-standing mound has caved in. Mostly the place looks dusty and unnaturally empty.
If Jillintkivan cleaned up after the battle, he seems to have done a thorough job

  • Seiankornai lands by one of the drake homes and peers inside
    You whisper to Seiankornai: It it Very Very Empty. Jillint cleaned it out but good.
    Seiankornai: “… not even loose stones, just dust.”

You whisper to Seiankornai: It is also dusty. It makes you want to sneeze

  • Malaina hops down off the saddle and takes a look around
  • Seiankornai sneezes a short bit of fire as he says the last word, then turns back
  • Thurirl jumps down from Seian and gazes about the ruins.
    High and far off in the distance, a drake-mail carrier is just coming into view headed in your approximate direction. Nearby, the wind moans a bit around empty doorways and shop windows, and small animals scurry in the overgrown weedy gardens
    Malaina: “Huh, think he is going to the Pech settlement?”

You whisper to Thurirl: You may recall from the maps – there is actually a drake-mail system outpost on the island
Seiankornai: “Most likely.”

  • Seiankornai peers into other dens as he goes along
    You whisper to Seiankornai: Empty, Empty, Empty, Emp…wait. That one didn’t even have dust.
  • Seiankornai pauses at one drake den, “…There’s no dust in this one.”
  • Malaina goes over to where Seian is
    Malaina: “You think the goblins are still here?”

Seiankornai: “I never knew golbins to be particularly good house keepers, but I suppose it’s possible it could be them. Could also be this one is enchanted to stay clean.”

Seiankornai: “Or something else unusual about it. Let’s check it out.”

  • Malaina nods and heads inside, Vari going in behind Seian
    Malaina: ((Should I roll anything?))
  • Seiankornai cautiously enters, on the lookout for movement
  • Thurirl follows them, silent as ever.
    This house was built into a small ridge – not very high, but long enough for a few neighbors to dig comfortable lairs in. It’s a small “dragons’ lair” style house; the entrance is a wind-lock, behind the second door is the “head” arranged for comfortable conversation with visitors, and behind that are utility rooms with a small wing on each side – one seems to be sleeping areas, and the other storage and a workshop of some kind, still showing workbenches and racks because they are built into the walls and floor
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 » Notice

Faded paintings were applied directly to the walls; the children of the house seem to have made their own bedroom decor.
Seiankornai: “He couldn’t take this.”

Malaina: “No, not these memories, though I am sure if he could have found a way, he would have.”

You whisper to Malaina: The excessively clean sections are the head and the main body hallway up to a door that presumably leads to the ‘tail’ or backdoor – you haven’t been in there yet, as the door did not open to casual handle rattling
Seiankornai: “Mmhmm, it must have pained him to leave this behind.”

Malaina: “Well, I guess we better start looking.”

  • Seiankornai ‘s view lingers on the wyrmling’s art,“…Yes”
    You whisper to Malaina: The bedrooms and such are more predictably dusty
  • Seiankornai starts a more thorough search of the lair
  • Malaina also searchs as well
  • Thurirl helps with the search, keeping his eyes out for anything.
    Seiankornai: Search « 1d20+9 = 13 + 9 = 22 »

Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 » Search

Thurirl: Search: « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »

You whisper to Seiankornai: The wyrmling’s paintings are the most informative thing in here so far…it was a family portrait with mother, father, “me.” and two younger siblings (who evidently shared the other bedroom) in the air between two green humps. Uneven runes titled it “We all fly to the island”
You whisper to Thurirl: The door to the “tail” is locked, and the path from that door to the entrance is kept swept; the rest of the lair is gathering dust like all the others

  • Seiankornai finds nothing further in the lair besides the painting, and looking at it again he notices some writing on it “We all fly to the island” he reads aloud to himself
    Seiankornai: (in Vidoss, which everyone here knows)

Thurirl: “Strange. It would appear there is a path here; all else is dust. The trail leads to the back of the lair.”

You whisper to Seiankornai: You notice that the bedrooms and work area are dusty; it’s the path from the head-door to the tail-door that seems swept and clean. You can hear Thurirl rattling the door to the tail
Seiankornai: “Hmm, I see that too, Thurirl. Let’s follow it.”

Thurirl: “Agreed. Lead on.”

Seiankornai: “Of course.”

The door to the tail seems to be locked from the other side. Strange, the original lock should have been on the inside, where you are…
Seiankornai: “Vari, shall we try to break down this door?”

  • Vari 1 gives a nod
    Seiankornai: ((which side are the hinges on?))

Seiankornai: ((or, which way would it swing, rather))

Dragonhawk: (Towards you, I imagine. Very few houses have hinges on the /outside/ after all"

Dragonhawk: )

Seiankornai: ((that’s what I thought))

  • Seiankornai attempts to dig his claws into the crack between the door and the wall and waits for Vari to do the same, “Let’s try pulling it first.”
  • Vari 1 does the same
    Seiankornai: pulls!!!
  • Vari 1 pulls as well
    The door creaks and warps but the bolt doesn’t give
    Dragonhawk: notice checks vs 18

Seiankornai: Notice « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 »

Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+11 = 19 + 11 = 30 »

Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » Notice

Vari 1: « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » Notice

Dragonhawk: From the other side of the door, Gamok: “Something’s at the door!” “I told you that drake hadn’t given up!” “How did he find us again?!?”

  • Thurirl frowns and pulls his sword.
    Dragonhawk: ((everyone can hear it but Seian ))
  • Malaina gets her halbred ready
  • Seiankornai grunts and huffs and puffs, not hearing them
  • Vari 1 puts his claw on Seians shoulder
    Seiankornai: “Huh?”
  • Thurirl tries to keep from being overheard. “Seian! Adversaries lie beyond the door!”
    Dragonhawk: From the other side of the door, Gamok: “He hasn’t attacked in decades…” “Who cares, he’s here now! Get the spears!”

Seiankornai: “Oh…”

Malaina: “Makes me wonder if he came back…”

Dragonhawk: From the other side of the door, Gamok: “I’m telling you, it’s something else, the mad one thinks we’re gone.” “Well something just about pulled the door off it’s hinges!”

Seiankornai: ((hmm, shall I make use of my jester specialty a moment for silly idea?))

Seiankornai: ((except I don’t really have a good bluff check…))

Dragonhawk: (I will note that these guys speak the hick-hillman version of Gamok, but I’m sparing you the cheesy ‘accent’ ))

  • Seiankornai knocks on the door, “Weapon sales!”
    Seiankornai: ((Bluff « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » ))

Seian is greeted with dead silence

  • Malaina winces a bit
    Dragonhawk: silent sense motive: « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 »

Seiankornai: ((I better be careful to not eat when I try something like that; sounds like the GM does too))

  • Thurirl resists the urge to facepalm.
    HickGamok: “We ain’t short of weapons.”

Seiankornai: “You’re goblins, of course you’re short.”

HickGamok: “You wanna come in and say that to my face scaly?”

Seiankornai: “I guess we try bashing it down again, Vari.”

  • Malaina shrugs
    Seiankornai: “Open up and find out.”
  • Vari goes closer to the door to help bring it down
    HickGamok: “Oh, I’ll find out all right! I’m gonna EAT your face, drake!”

Seiankornai: ((Impress « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » ))

HickGamok: resolve « 1d20+19 = 16 + 19 = 35 »

Vari: ((I can roll an intimidate to knock them down a notch?))

Seiankornai: ((ouch, that’s a good resolve))

  • Seiankornai sees they’re not opening it so proceeds to beating on the door and tearing at its hinges
    Seian discovers that the hinges are a weak point; apparently the goblins have been “oiling” them with something mildly corrosive to stone ( O.o ) and they tear right out of the wall
    Seiankornai: “Ack! uh, easier than I thought.”

HickGamok: everyone copy your tokens, then I’ll bring you to the right spot and you can paste them

Thurirl: ((copied))

Vari: ((Just let me know when I can, cause I have to copy two))

Seiankornai: ((ready))

HickGamok: ((when))

Seiankornai: ((you can copy multiple tokens at once, don’t have to do one at a time))

Seiankornai: ((otherwise a gm’s job would be horrible in this :P ))

Vari: ((Ohh, didn’t know that, thanks!))

Seiankornai: “Hi” grins with far too many teeth

When the door comes toppling down, it reveals two very startled goblins in the hallway. Rough doors have been gouged into the neat plaster on either side, and assorted other goblins infest two rooms dug out on either side of the original tail. Far down the hallway, the original tail door lets in weak sunlight
HickGamok: init

Seiankornai: “So what are you doing in some poor old drake’s home? And what was that about my face?”

  • Malaina grins, “Looks like we better clean up.”
    Seiankornai: Init « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 »

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative

HickGamok: “You ain’t Jillintkivan.”

HickGamok: « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 »

Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 »

HickGamok: “…but I’m still gonna eat your face!”

  • HickGamok attempts to spear Seian in the face
  • HickGamok spears for « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 »
  • Seiankornai is speared
  • HickGamok does damage « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »
    Seiankornai: ((any AP?))

HickGamok: (no, just a throwing spear)

  • Seiankornai gets a scale chipped
  • HickGamok tries again for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » and possible « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
    Malaina: ((ooo, can I activate that?))

HickGamok: ((oK)

  • HickGamok breaks his cheap spear
    HickGamok: “…crone’s toejam…”

Seiankornai: “Is that the best your spears can do? The most you’ve done is make it so I have to wait for this months shedding before I can have fun with the drakesses.”

  • HickGoblin 29 is spearless
  • HickGoblin is speechless too
  • HickGoblin 73 “GET HIM!”
  • HickGoblin 66 tries to spear Vari for « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 », 88 for « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 », 41 at Seian for « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 », 13 for « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 », 28 for « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 »
    Seiankornai: ((27 hits))

HickGoblin: hits on Seian « 1d8+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »

HickGoblin: ((is vari hit on 18?))

Malaina: ((Yea he is, do all the spears have no AP cause he has a DR of 8 and if they are edged, a resistance of 2))

HickGoblin: ((hah. Yes, so far they’re all using throwing spears, no AP ))

Seiankornai: ((so… they can do nothing to Vari, he’s too impervious!))

  • HickGoblin 93: “Idiots! What do we even HAVE lances for?!?”
  • HickGoblin gathers up two lances and joggs towards the door
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: “Your poky little sticks, they do nothing.”
  • Thurirl decides now is a good time to play a trick with his magic.
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 11 + 14 = 25 » Damage: Ray 1: « 1d4 = 3 » Ray 2: « 1d4 = 1 » Ray 3: « 1d4 = 4 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((ugh, I never updated the macros…))

Thurirl: ((hitting 41))

Seiankornai: ((roll the extra damage for each))

HickGoblin: ((um, a 41 hits, yes. Is the /damage/ correct??))

Thurirl: ((No, it’s not. Dang it.))

  • HickGoblin saves for « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » vs 10+half-of-damage
    Thurirl: Additional damage: Ray 1 « 3d4 = 7 », Ray 2 « 3d4 = 4 », Ray 3 « 3d4 = 7 »
  • HickGoblin 41 dies
    HickGoblin: (second action, Thurirl?)
  • Thurirl uses the lingering magic to attempt to disappear. ((Sneak: « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 »)
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai looks around hte corner and breaths fire on all the goblins there
    Seiankornai: Fire breath hits « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 » for « 2d6+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » fire damage, DC 20 ref for half

Seiankornai: ((…ouch))

Seian scorches …the door frame

  • Seiankornai hrumphs at his miss, then chomps the nearest goblin
    Bite hits « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » for « 1d10+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 », AP 1
    Seiankornai: ((done))
  • HickGoblin 13 saves for « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » vs 16
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 88

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe)

Vari 1: ((Woo, activating that crit!))

Malaina: ((Can someone move my token on top?))

Seiankornai: ((noms!))

Malaina: « 1d20+12 = 18 + 12 = 30 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes), Skull Crack: If the target is a standard character with a lower Wisdom score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save (damage isn’t rolled). You may use this trick once per round. @ 29

Malaina: ((Don’t even need to activate it I imagine))

HickGoblin: (oh, is that the damage?)

Seiankornai: ((not with skull crack, no))

Malaina: ((No, that is the attack))

HickGoblin: oh, right, with skull crack.

Seiankornai: ((if they had toughness, then activating it would make sense))

Thurirl has received initiative.
HickGoblin: ((oops, wait, goblins get one more turn ))

  • HickGoblin 93 reaches the group and hands off one lance
  • HickGoblin 73 throws a spear at Vari for « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 », 28 for « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 », 66 tries to lance Seian for « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 »,
    Malaina: ((One hits Vari))
  • HickGoblin 66 damages « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » ap 4
    HickGoblin: ((damages Vari 1d8+1-10 = none )

Thurirl

  • Thurirl moves a little closer, looking to slip past and flank them.
    HickGoblin: goblins notice Thurirl? vs 17 « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 »

Thurirl: ((ah geez))

HickGoblin: “They brought a baby!”

HickGoblin: “Idiot, that’s one’a them swamp lizards.”

Thurirl: “How rude.”

HickGoblin: “I’m gonna eat your face anyhow.”

Seiankornai: ((is Thurirl going to attack him?))

Thurirl: ((thought I used up all my actions making such a large move))

HickGoblin: ((I didn’t think you’d gone that far?))

Thurirl: ((was like 25 feet…))

Malaina: ((You have a 30ft move speed, don’t you? 25 should at least let you attack))

Thurirl: ((never gonna memorize these rules… okay then))

  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Cold Damage « 1d6 = 3 »
    Thurirl: ((aiming to the left))

HickGoblin: ((is that a ray?))

HickGoblin: ((roll you spell check while I set up damage saves for the enemy please ))

Seiankornai: ((15ft line, so he’s hitting three of them))

  • HickGoblin 93 saves for « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » 66 for « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » and 28 for « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » vs 11
    Thurirl: Spell Check: « 1d20+15 = 8 + 15 = 23 »

Seiankornai has received initiative.
They’re dying of fire, they’re dying of ice…

  • Seiankornai chomps at 73 and 66
    Bite hits 73 « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » for « 1d10+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 », AP 1
    Bite hits 66 « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 », AP 1
  • Seiankornai contemptfully chomps at 73
    Bite hits 73 « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d10+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 », AP 1
  • HickGoblin saves for « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » vs 16
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire

Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire

Malaina: « 1d20+12 = 9 + 12 = 21 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) Skull Crack: If the target is a standard character with a lower Wisdom score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save (damage isn’t rolled). You may use this trick once per round. @ 66

Seiankornai: crack

Malaina: « 1d20+12 = 7 + 12 = 19 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) @ 93

HickGoblin: (miss miss dead miss)

Seiankornai: “You goblins are too jumpy. Stay still and be eaten properly.”

Malaina is disconnected.
HickGoblin: “Same to you, scaly.”

Seiankornai: “I am staying still, you have hit me, your hits, they do nothing.”

  • HickGoblin 38 picks up the lance the dead one dropped.
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 109
Log 111

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 110

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User