Log 12

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 11-S

Seiankornai has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Grok has connected.
Seiankornai: greetings
Grok: hello
Seiankornai: W “How is Grok this fine day?”
Dragonhawk: hello
Dragonhawk: how are you?
Malaina has connected.
Malaina is disconnected.
Malaina has connected.
Seiankornai: ((hi))
Malaina: ((Hello!))
Grok: W “Grok disappointed. Grok no have chance to show mighty power recently. No animals to attack Grok, Grok not mugged in street, nor Grok have to fight lawyers.”
Seiankornai: W “Lawyers” shudder “A most awful invention of the humans.”
Grok: W “Humans do many foolish things.”
Isabis: “Tell him not to worry. Where we’re going if we take this job, there will probably be plenty of things to show his might to.”
Seiankornai: W “True, but so many wonderful things too, such as your cannon.”
Seiankornai: W “And ISabis says we should get many things to shoot it at.”
Grok: W “Grok look forward to that.”

  • Grok pokes Seiankornai
    Grok: W “Have they revealed the riddle Grok is going to solve yet?”
    Isabis: “I think the riddle is something like, ’The old elves knew how to keep the crone from returning – what did they know?”
    You stand outside the offices of the Archeology Department, deciding what to do.
    Grok: W “Dat not riddle. Dat is history lesson.”
    Grok: W “Riddles end with ‘What am I?’”
    You have heard their job proposal, and accepting is a simple as signing a notice of intent at the personnel office
    Isabis: “OK, then, ‘I am the thing that will keep the crone away. The elves knew me once parhps, but don’t recall me today. What am I?’ There, now it’s in the right format.”
  • Seiankornai looks at Grok, “It really is more of a quest than a riddle, it would seem.”
  • Jessaila is willing to sign up for this.
    Grok: W “So what elves forget?”
    Seiankornai: W "That’s what we’re trying to find out "
    Isabis: “I have to say, ‘find anything written and bring it back’ is a startlingly broad request.”
    Seiankornai: “It is, yes. At least it is within a limited area.”
  • Malaina just waits to see what will happen
    Seiankornai: “THough I’ll also be keeping my eyes open for anything related to what happened to the elves, and why there’s a big desert there now.”
    Seiankornai: “Unfortunately, elven is one language that I do not speak, or that would be a lot easier.”
  • Isabis chuckles
    Isabis: “I guess you can’t be the one on translation duty all the time”
    Isabis: “So. Shall we go for it? It’s not exactly a safe area of the land, but it would give Grok something to shoot his cannon at, most likely.”
    Seiankornai: “And me to sink my teeth into, yes let us go.”
    Jessaila: “If he’s shooting his cannon in that area, it’s possible that will draw a whole lot of enemies that he’ll need to use the cannon against.”
    Seiankornai: W “Jessaila says that shooting the cannon will draw more enemies that you can shoot the cannon at.”
    Jessaila: “Did you just tell him that?”
  • Malaina chuckles
    Seiankornai: “Maaaaybe.”
    Grok: W “Grok don’t believe that is possible.”
  • Seiankornai is a mischieveous drake
    Grok: W “Maybe Grok can get them to line up.”
    Jessaila: “Seian, I’m going to get a stick that’s specifically to be used for bapping you!”
    Isabis: “…I wonder how much shot he’s carrying?”
    Seiankornai: “I fear no sticks, sticks burn.”
  • Seiankornai turns to Vari, “Remember that, Vari, fear no sticks.”
  • Seiankornai grins
  • Vari tilts his head, not quite getting the joke, if it was one
    Jessaila: “You’re a horrible, mischevious drake!”
  • Jessaila shakes her head in obvious mock disgust.
    Seiankornai: “Tsk, and I haven’t even burned down any elven villages.”
  • Malaina pets Vari’s side, grinning
    Jessaila: “Oh, I don’t mind if you burn down a few specific elven villages.”
    Isabis: “I wonder if that’s why they built everything with that odd crystal? -fireproof, and drakish neighbors?”
    Jessaila: “Just don’t burn down the wrong ones.”
    Seiankornai: “We drakes used to burn down the occasional elven village that was too close many hundreds of years ago, before you humans came. They did not ask for permission like your ancestors did.”
    Malaina: “All I know is the village I lived in always had a peaceful truce with the drakes in that area.”
  • Isabis starts walking towards the personnel office
    Seiankornai: “That is because it was of the Matha people, who the Drake king has granted right to live on the mountains slopes.”
    Malaina: “Hmmm….” will ask Seian her question later
  • Seiankornai follows Isabis
  • Isabis listes to the conversation with half an ear as she presents the job-number card to the secretary in personnel and waits for her to fish out the right form
  • Jessaila also follows.
    Secretary: “Sigh here, dear. My my, are you travelling with /all/ of these people nowdays?”
    Isabis: “Seems so. Depends on if they all sign, I guess.”
  • Isabis signs on the first of a dozen lines under the heading “Pary members”
    Jessaila: “I can sign, but I can also sing and dance, too.”
    Isabis: “But will you sign this paper, saying you intend to hike boldly into the High Tombs and make off with some number of writings found therein?”
  • Isabis hands her pen and paper
    Jessaila: “As a matter of fact, I will.”
    Malaina: ((brb))
    Malaina is disconnected.
  • Jessaila sets her name down on the next line.
    Isabis: ((Thorongil isn’t going to make it this week, and we’re not holding our breaths for Bandit since he’ll be as late as homework requires. Are you all ready to fast-forward?))
    Jessaila: ((I guess so.))
    Seiankornai: ((I am, though Mooch is brb-ing))
  • Grok smashes the fast forward button
    Isabis: ((smashes….? Oh NO! We’ll be stuck in real-time mode forever! ))
    Seiankornai: ((“Grok, smashing the button will not make us go faster, no matter how much it feels like it should.”))
    Grok: ((Grok looks at Seiankornai, then pulls out his cannon and points it at the fastforward button.))
    Isabis has connected.
    Dragonhawk: ((aaaaie! My control panel! Help!))
    Seiankornai: ((heheheh))
    You plot a course towards the area of interest. First there is a three-day hike from lake to lake, then another three days and 20 gold gets you down-river past Lin Moran to the West Run. From there, you hike again, upstream and soon enough into dangerous country.
    Dragonhawk: Notice checks, please
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » Notice
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 » notice
    Grok: « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 »
  • Jessaila trips and falls into a bush.
  • Seiankornai is enjoying some thermals
    Tracker’s sneak: « 1d20+12 = 10 + 12 = 22 »
    Grok: ((Wait, that should be 22, forgot my wisdom bonus))
    Dragonhawk: ((TGU, play Thurirl for me, will you?))
    Grok hears a rustling in the bushes.
  • Grok looks over in the bushes
    Dragonhawk: ((And Grok, add your fellow desert-dweller for the session?))
    Grok: ((ok))
    Something rustles away from the path at speed
  • Grok chases after the sound
    Malaina has connected.
    Jessaila: ((WB))
    Dragonhawk: *Grok is chasing a speedy humanoid. Whoever it is has a long lead, though, and quickly disappears into the trees.
  • Grok continues to follow, and will try to find tracks to follow if need be.
    Jessaila: ((Where are we? Gaunt elf territory or somewhere else?))
  • Isabis tries to follow Grok without exposing herself to ambush or any such thing
  • Grok also tries to motion to the fliers to attempt to cut off the fleeing one.
    Dragonhawk: ((edge of gaunt territory, yes, and walking deeper in with every step. Also, just over the hills from the salt weep. Fun!))
    Grok: ((Running deeper in. More Fun!))
  • Seiankornai sees Grok dash off and turns to go in that direction
  • Isabis stage-whispers “Would someone get that crazy ogre to stop? Or at least say what he’s running north for?”
  • Jessaila extricates herself from the bush she fell into.
  • Malaina helps Jess
    Seiankornai: W “What did you see, Grok?”
    Grok: W “Two legged creature spying on us.”
    Grok: W “Went thatta way!”
    Dragonhawk: Grok, give me a search
    Grok: ((Search or survival for tracking?))
    Seiankornai: "He saw a “two-legged” create spying on us, it went that way."
    Tracker hide-while-moving 80ft « 1d20+12 = 14 + 12 = 26 »
    Seiankornai: ((survival for tracking))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » Survival
    Dragonhawk: ((not tracking yet, trying to see where it went. search opposing hide))
  • Jessaila will assist in tracking when the time comes.
    Grok: « 1d20+1 = 18 + 1 = 19 »
    Grok: ((should be 15 as lacking prof.))
    Both Grok and Jessaila lose track of the observer.
  • Thurirl tries to see what Grok saw « 1d20+9 = 20 + 9 = 29 » search
    Thurirl: ((I’ll activate an AD on that))
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 »
    Malaina: ((That was my search))
    Thurirl, however, catches sight of an elf lurking along on the other side of a thicket, and the man takes off again.
    Grok: ((If Grok sees the movement, Grok goes after him again.))
    Thurirl: “Over there!” he points
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok can hear him crashing around, but has to go around or through the difficult terrain posed by the thicket))
    Thurirl: “The prospective students runs again.”
    Thurirl: ((*student))
    Jessaila: “Stop pursuit!”
    Grok: ((Grok is going through the difficult terrain. Nothing stops him!))
  • Vari flaps his wings and takes to the sky to try and do an aerial pursuit
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, stop!”
    Grok: W “Noises that way!”
  • Stranger angles back towards the path slightly
    Jessaila: “Gaunt elf patrols have outriders away from a larger party. They’ll flee from pursuers to draw them into a pre-arranged ambush.”
  • Vari rolls at the stranger, swooping down low
    Seiankornai: “Ah.”
    Seiankornai: W “He would be leading us into an ambush if we followed him, best we outsmart them.”
  • Stranger is definitely heading for the place where the river bends nort
  • Grok stops his pursuit
    Seiankornai: “Vari, come back!”
    Grok: W "How we ambush the ambushers?
  • Stranger fades back into the forest as the sounds of your pursuit fade behind him
  • Malaina whistles for Vari when it seems he isn’t listening to Seian
  • Vari angles and flies back to the group
    Isabis: “Do you think we should try to loop around north and come back to the river upstream of them?”
    Grok: W “Can we burn down trees to reveal hidey ones?”
    Jessaila: “Sorry, but that’s how the gaunt elves surprise a lot of scouts entering the territory.”
  • Malaina scolds Vari for flying off like that and not listening
    Seiankornai: “Grok wants to burn down the trees to reveal the hiding ones. Do you mind?”
    Jessaila: “They’ll have lone runners out in forward positions, with trails picked out and running back to a prepared hide.”
  • Vari looks so pouty now
    Seiankornai: “Patience, Vari, we’ll get them in the end, on our terms. HAve you ever had elf?”
    Isabis: “I mind! Starting forest fires is not a good way to find enemies. It just puts a fire between us and where we want to be.”
  • Malaina glares at Seian
    Malaina: “Do NOT give him ideas!”
    Jessaila: “It’s probably best not to burn down the forest – that will announce our presence more readily to the elves.”
    Grok: ((Drakes could start fires on the other side of enemies…))
    Seiankornai: “I just asked a question. I’ve not had them myself either.”
    Jessaila: “Unless we want to spend our entire mission fighting off groups of enemies, now’s not a good time to announce our presence.”
  • Malaina gives Seian a very disapproving look
    Jessaila: “…more than we already have, that is.”
  • Seiankornai tells Grok that’s a “no” on the forest fire. He is disappointed too.
    Grok: W “Why no?”
    Jessaila: “And I’m going to ignore those comments about drakes eating my species.”
    Grok: W “Elves not taste good. No meat on the bones.”
  • Vari looks so confused now
    Isabis: “We better move somewhere, before whoever that was gets his ‘friends’ and comes back. I’m not betting my life that it wasn’t a gaunt patroller.”
    Malaina: “Let’s then.”
    Jessaila: “If our aerial scouts can find their likely hide, we could deal with it from an unanticipated direction.”
    Seiankornai: “I shall keep a more observant watch now.”
    Malaina: “Me and Vari can fly up and see if there is anything to see.”
    You whisper to Grok: Now Vessa, on the other hand… well, they taste swampy, actually. But they’re worthy opponents.
    Jessaila: “But it’s unlikely we’d get all of them even if we did, since there will be outriders.”
    Tracker hide-while-moving 80ft « 1d20+12 = 9 + 12 = 21 »
  • Seiankornai takes Thurirl up on his back as he’s more skilled at seeing things that don’t wish to be seen
    Seiankornai: (Thurirl aerial search « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » )
  • Malaina hops onto Vari’s saddle and has him take off
    Thurirl spots him trying to hide while still moving on the far bank of the river.
    Grok: W “Big lizard carry little lizard.”
    Grok: ((KILL HIM! KILL HIM!))
  • Seiankornai zig zags over the sky, attempting to not look like he’s following the moving figure at Thurirl’s direction
  • Vari dips up and down, looking like he is searching for something to eat
    Seiankornai: ((Sneak « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » ))
    Grok: ((You know, if you carried me, I could shoot him from way up here.))
    Seiankornai: ((and you should know you’re too big to be carried))
    Tracker Notice « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 »
  • Stranger makes a beeline to the southeast
    Grok: ((Yeah, but being able to fly while wielding a cannon would be awesome))
    Stranger: ((ijt would do non-awesome things to your aim, probably, but it would still be cool))
  • Seiankornai follows in the zig-zag pattern
    Tracker hide-while-moving 80ft « 1d20+18 = 10 + 18 = 28 » back under forest cover
    Grok: ((Doesn’t THurirl have a long bow? Shoot the sucker already.))
  • Stranger goes back under cover of forest (survival as tracking to keep track of him)
    Seiankornai: ((ah, true))
    Stranger: ((by the by, if anyone is looking at the map, you are walking up the north bank of the “West Run” approximately under the r in “run”))
    Stranger: ((your target is near the brach that is upstream of the lake))
    Thurirl: ((course we technically don’t know who this is, it may not be a gaunt elf))
  • Grok attempts to grab the r and use it as a giant club.
  • Seiankornai makes a raor so the others can follow
    Those on the ground are going to have some difficulty crossing the wide, deep river at this point.
    Jessaila: “It’s somewhat frustrating to me that some of us don’t appear to recognize the value of stealth.”
  • Grok pullls out rope, gives one end to Jamshid, and swims accross the river with the other end.
    Seiankornai: ((survival to track « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » ))
    Stranger: ((you got 100 feet?))
    Seiankornai has lost him under the cover of the forest south of the river.
  • Seiankornai returns to the others
    Stranger: ((if you move on, this particular chunk of XP will probably offer itself to you again ))
  • Grok swims past the 50 ft. mark, and continues on as Jamshid is almost pulled into the river, but lets go of the other end of the rope.
  • Malaina directs Vari back as well
    Grok: ((This isn’t about exp. This is about Pride! This is about Sparta!))
    Seiankornai: “He disappered under some trees, so we couldn’t follow him further.”
    The current sweeps Grok back the way he came, finally depositing him on the far side of the river to the SW of those standing still
    Seiankornai: ((And I will eat anyone who says the ‘M’ word ))
    Jessaila: ((Which M word? Monkey?))
    Grok whispers: you sure about that? Swim is an athletics check, and I have a +19 bonus to it
  • Seiankornai helps the small folk across the river
  • Vari helps as well
    You whisper to Grok: I figure you can swim across easy, but it’s over 100 ft and the current is pushing you west while you move south. Swimming upstream in rough water will take longer that swimming cross-current and walking upstream on the other side.
    You whisper to Grok: And by over 100 ft. I mean over 100 yards. This isn’t a creek, it’s a large river. I figure you make 10 yards every 4 rounds unless you fumble, in still water.
  • Grok continues to swim strong in the river
  • Isabis sighs and allows herself to be ferried
  • Jessaila is carried across.
    Isabis: “At least now we’re on the wrong bank from wherever he was leading us.”
    Isabis: “Assuming he’s not still leading us, of course.”
    Stranger: ((Incidentally, you need a tracking check vs. 28 to find him again now))
  • Jessaila consults the ground.
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » to find tracks
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 18 + 10 = 28 » Survival
    Malaina: “Find anything?”
  • Jessaila sniffs.
    Jessaila picks up his trail in the forst, a mere 5 minutes behind him. He’s still moving roughly SE.
    Jessaila: “Yeah. I can smell his fear.”
  • Malaina archs an eyebrow
    Isabis: “Are we sure we want to chase him south like this? We want to be going more east to get to our target ruin. Not to mention back north of the river.”
    Jessaila: “He relieved himself. You can smell it.”
  • Malaina makes a face
    You whisper to Jessaila: Unlikely. Are you sure that wasn’t where a bear went?
    You whisper to Jessaila: I will grant he’s somewhat uncomfortable with how many times you’ve all spotted him today, since he thinks he’s the sneakiest man in the world
    Half an hour later, the tracks reach a small stream and vanish in the water. They do not exit anywhere within a 15 minute walk of where he entered.
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, perhaps its best if we leave them, then. If he returns to whatever ambush is to the SE, they’ll probably be waiting for us for quite some time, while we make our way east.”
  • Malaina nods
  • Grok grumbles about not finding anyone to kill
    Isabis: “I suppose expecting him to be glad we didn’t get ambushed would be too much.”
    Jessaila: “It might be best.”
    Jessaila: “Even if we caught him, his disappearance would likely set off alarm bells with his scout party.”
    Jessaila: “Assuming he’s not just a lone hunter.”
    Seiankornai: “Let’s go then.”
    You return to the river, with varying degrees of reluctance, and return to following it east. Two days pass with nothing more interesting to shoot at than wild game, though Thurirl seems on edge, and believes there’s a somewhat advanced student spying on you from a distance.
  • Jessaila will suggest a few quiet evening prowls in order to try to find any watchers.
    Day four sees you hiking along the north side of the lake, with a steep but short embankment south of you and a rocky hill north of the path.
    Malaina: ((screams like a girl IT WAS DARK!))
    Isabis: ((but then the sun came up over the mountains and it wasn’t any more ))
    Isabis: party notice: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 »
    Isabis: “Is that someone sitting on a rock?”
  • Malaina tries to see what he is talking about
    Isabis: ((missing an s there…))
    Jessaila: ((My buttons appear to be wrong.))
    Stranger: ((I copied your token from the token holder.))
    Jessaila: ((Well, that one doesn’t seem right either.))
    Stranger: ((feel free to arrange yourselves if you don’t feel like hiking in this exact formation))
    Seiankornai: ((/me really ought to do more work on the MapTool conversion to .Net, so he can make custom features that fix things like this))
    Jessaila: ((I have replaced the token on the Token Holder map as well as the current map))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » Notice
  • Isabis points towards a jumble of lerge rocks
  • Grok looks towards the rocks
    Isabis: ((large even))
    Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » Notice?
    Leader tactics to ambush « 1d20+12 = 18 + 12 = 30 »
    You whisper to Malaina: Why yes, it does seem to be a man sitting among the rocks
  • Malaina thinks that is a man sitting on the rocks
  • Malaina wonders why there is a man sitting there
  • Grok hollers towards the man W “Friend or foe?”
  • Jessaila facepalms.
    Stranger: “What was that?”
  • Stranger stands up
    Seiankornai: “Who are you? We are Sunchasers!”
  • Vari feels himself tense up, not liking strangers that seem strange
    Grok: ((This guy doesn’t get Woanish. Someone else want to talk to him?))
    Stranger: “Sunchasers? What are you chasing in these parts, elves?”
  • Stranger sits back down
    Stranger: “Why are you yelling, anyhow? Come over here and talk like civilized people!”
  • Jessaila responds in elvish. “What we seek is our own business.”
  • Malaina looks to Seian, “Is that a good idea, to get close to him?”
    Seiankornai: “As a group, perhaps.”
  • Stranger picks up a small canteen from behind the rock his is sitting on and swigs a drink
    Jessaila: “Yeah. SO not liking that nonchalant attitude.”
  • Malaina agrees with Jess
    Grok is close enough to smell the liquor. The stuff in that canteen would be a fine solvent.
  • Grok offers his own waterskin to the elf
  • Stranger caps his canteen and cautiously accepts the waterskin, giving Grok an “Ok, what now” look.
  • Seiankornai watches to either side as he appraoches
  • Vari stays close to Mala
  • Seiankornai takes a closer look at the stranger, “And who are you?”
    Grok: W "You friend?*
    Stranger: “Me? Why, I just live around here.”
    Stranger: “Paranoid types, sunchasers.”
  • Jessaila sighs and tries to decide whether or not to follow.
  • Stranger eyes the hangers-back
    Grok: ((Wimps))
  • Malaina makes her way over, Vari sticking close
  • Jessaila decides to stick with Mala.
  • Isabis falls in behind Vari, protecting the youngling.
  • Stranger hands Grok his waterskin back.
    Stranger: “Can’t say I you’re wrong for it, mind. There’s dangerous things in these parts.”
  • Grok takes waterskin, and gentlely pats Stranger on the shoulder
  • Stranger stretches, and then adds, “LIKE US!”
    Jessaila: ((Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!))
    Suddenly, things are flashing around you
    Dragonhawk: ((well, yeah. Can’t shoot them if they never attack you ))
  • Grok punches Stranger
    Dragonhawk: (((ack. BRB, must find lost weapons stats))
    Jessaila: “Wow, I’d love to say I was surprised, but I’m not.”
    Malaina: “You and me both.”
    Seiankornai: W “Cannon time, Grok!”
    Jessaila: ((Oooh, hit the stranger in the face with the cannon!))
    Malaina: ((Hit him with your fist and cave his face in!! See if he can drink after that!))
    Grok: ((Then I’ll fire the cannon.))
    Dragonhawk: « 3d6 = 16 »
    Dragonhawk: « 3d6 = 8 »
    Seiankornai: ((I think we have a spellcaster nearby ))
    Dragonhawk: fort saves if you are near either of the two flash bombs
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » Fortitude
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » Fortitude
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » fort
    Thurirl: « 1d20+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 » fort
  • Isabis blinks and auto-saves
    Grok: Grok « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » Jamshid « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
    Jessaila: ((How do you get that? ))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » Failing Fort again, likely
    Jessaila: ((…! ))
    Thurirl is blinded
    Dragonhawk: (init, btw)
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
    Grok: Jamshid init « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 »
    Thurirl: « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » init
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » init
    Gaunt Sorcerrer 1: « 1d20+14 = 5 + 14 = 19 » spellcasting for scorching ray
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » Initiative.
  • Gaunt Sorcerrer 1 attacks Seian « 3d4 = 11 », Jamshid « 3d4 = 8 » and Jessaila « 3d4 = 6 » damage is fire AP5
    Grok: ((Why they all moving without us being able to punch them in the face?))
    Seiankornai: ((surprise round))
    Seiankornai: ((we got a 19 on the group notice check, they got a 30 on the tactics ambush check))
    GauntMenace: ((I am questioned about the notice checks. Yes, I took them into account. The gaunt’s tacitcs roll to ambush was …yes))
  • GauntMenace attacks Isabis with a short sword, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » lethal damage
  • GauntMenace attacks Vari with a short sword, hitting « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » lethal damage
  • GauntMenace attacks Malaina with a short sword, hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » lethal damage
  • GauntMenace attacks Grok with a short sword, hitting « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 » lethal damage
    Malaina: ((No damage for Vari, miss for Mala))
    Grok: ((no damage here either))
  • GauntMenace attacks Vari with a short sword, hitting « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » lethal damage
    Malaina: ((Still no damage))
    GauntMenace: ((Good!))
    GauntMenace: ((I swear, I’m not actually trying to kill off Vari :\ ))
    Seiankornai: ((Jess, you need to roll init))
    Jessaila: ((I did.))
    Jessaila: ((Rolled a 23))
    Malaina: ((She did, its 23))
  • GauntMenace attacks Grok with a longknife, hitting « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » lethal damage and takes on a stance
    Isabis: init « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 »
    GauntMenace: leader init « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » and his lieutenant « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » (with his group) and caster « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » (together with his group) and Tracker « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » (with his group)
    Seiankornai: ((I suppose I ought to implment some init macros ))
  • GauntMenace attacks Grok with an axe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » for possible « 1d10+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » lethal damage and takes on a stance
    GauntMenace: ((OK, it’s 9, so we can stop here or go 1 round before quitting))
    Malaina: ((We might have to stop, I need to clean the kitchen))
    Seiankornai: ((9 or midnight, depending on where you are ))
    Grok: (doesn’t matter to me))
    Seiankornai: ((ok, and the others would probably want in on the fight too))
    Malaina: ((Or we can pause))
    Jessaila: ((I kinda agree, might be best to wait for more people.))
    GauntMenace: ((OK, we’ll stop here, giving the others a chance to be here for the main battle. Next week: Finally Something to Shoot At.))
    Grok: ((YEAH!))
    Gaunt Lieutentant 26.06, Isabis 24.05, Jessaila 23.13, Malaina 22.08, Seian 22.05, Gaunt Tracker 21.6, Gaunt Leader (yellow) 17.6, Jamshid 17.05, Grok 15.07, Thurirl 13.06, Sorcerrer 8.03
    Grok: Anyways, I’ll be off.
    Grok is disconnected.
    Game Saved.

Log 13

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 12

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk