Log 19

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 18

When last we saw our heroes, one gaunt elf sorcerrer had just run in on your conversation with some newfound hopefully-friends
Emelgard: “They’re coming! pant, pant They’re all coming!”

  • Malaina blinks in surprise, wondering what is going on
  • Emelgard addresses Jessaila, of course
  • Vari stays close to Mala, glaring at the elf
    Grok: W “Bring it.”
    Jessaila: “Actually, I’d suggest we go someplace that’s not here.”
    Seiankornai: “Who is ‘all’?”
    Emelgard: “Yes! Yes, right away! There’s a patroll, and then there’s THEIR patrol!”
  • Emelgard is maybe not being as clear as possible
    Malaina: “Their patrol?”
  • Thurirl finds this a curious way to hold a conversation.
  • Grok heads out to glorious combat
    Malaina: “Maybe we should get out of here while we can?”
    Seiankornai: “Please put in a few antecedents to those pronouns.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Is there a referent for that pronoun?”
  • Emelgard literally pulls at his hair
    Malaina: “And someone please get Grok…I think we need to put a leash on him.”
    Seiankornai: WGROK, COME BACK1”
    Jessaila: “Tell him he’s going the wrong way, Seian.”
    Emelgard: “The salt-weep invaders, the, the cronists.”
    Jessaila: “Ohthatsbad.”
    Grok: ((if you leash Grok, what happens is he is going to drag whoever is holding the other end around.))
    Emelgard: “Jessaila, if you don’t move, and I mean move FAST, you’ll be caught between them!”
  • Thurirl growls a little at the mention.
  • Grok looks around for someone to smash
    Jessaila: “Yeah, okay. Let’s go, guys.”
  • Jessaila starts moving.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur gathers up his weapons and prepares to move
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, Cronists are coming. But let’s go to fight them together.”
    Grok: W “Come fight then.”
  • Seiankornai confronts the gaunt elf directly, “From which directions are they coming from?”
    Grok cant’s see anything yet, but he can hear what might be horses a longish way off
  • Malaina hops onto Vari’s saddle
    Emelgard: “South and North. Might I suggest going back the way you came?”
    Emelgard: ((that would be west))
    Thurirl: “This may prove to be a perilous battle. I suggest we make the wisest tactical choice.”
    Thurirl: “And by that I mean let’s not have the ogre lead the way.”
  • Grok starts to retreat back into the castle
    Malaina: “Like getting out of here? I don’t feel up to another fight today, thank you.”
    Seiankornai: “Can they fly?”
    Thurirl: “Whatever we do, we must do it quickly. Time is not on our side.”
    Emelgard: “I know what about the salt-weep?? They’re supposed to talk without talking and turn people to dust just by staring real hard and have swords made out of…I don’t even know that word in Melios…why not fly?”
    Isabis: “They typically ride common horses, so I doubt we’ll find them flying.”
    Jessaila: “Let’s talk while moving, people!”
    Isabis: “Agreed. West out of this miserable place sounds as good a direction as any right now.”
  • Jessaila waves people in the direction there are fewest enemies.
    Seiankornai: W Come with us Grok. We’ll go to the high ground to the west where you can get a better shot with that cannon."
    Grok: W “Which way we go?”
    Seiankornai: W “…West I said.”
    Thurirl: “West it is. Let us make haste.”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur goes to the edge and gazes as far as he can see in the direction of the hoofbeats
  • Vari follows after the others quickly
    You retreat expeditiously (but not magically)
  • Grok watches for riders
    Emelgard: ((edge of what, Jamshid?))
  • Seiankornai stays on the ground, so he won’t be easier to spot
  • Thurirl retreats silently.
  • Isabis urges Vari to stay on the ground for a while as well
  • Vari never left the ground, walked the whole way
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, there are two groups coming. Let us see if they are hostile to each other first.”
    Grok: W “Need to find place horses can’t go!”
    Seiankornai: ((did I notice any such place on the way here: « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » notice memory?))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((edge of this hill or cliff or whatever the grey part is))
    Emelgard: ((The last place you remember being that horses /can’t/ go is the area where steep slopes lead down almost to teh river; you last fought the gaunt in that region, actually, but it’s a hard day’s hike west of here. You will more quickly find place where horses /won’t/ go, namely caves; there’s one to the NW, albeit somewhat shallow, and more in the hilly region due W.))
    Seiankornai: “Oh wait, maybe that genie could help us.”
  • Thurirl looks for the best place to lay down and hide.
    Malaina: ((All Thurirl has to do is stand there, none of the patrols would see him!))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur takes the decanter out of his pack and opens it
    Emelgard: ((Jamshid, you are next to the wall of the keep, which is in a shallow swampy valley. There is a wide-ish stream south of your position, which leads to the river in due time. The “valley” is between slightly higer areas of the plainsland, not mountains, so getting out isn’t so much climbing a hill as walking up a rise.))
    Thurirl: ((He’s not taking chances. =P Sooner or later, someone’s gonna notice the funny-lookin’ “tree” on the hill…))
  • Arxhar pours out as a cloud of blue smoke then materializes with a fwoosh
  • Malaina looks for Jess to see if she wants to ride on Vari with her
  • Jessaila will, if invited.
    Emelgard: ((the main benefit of “out” being that it’s drier…which is arguably more a benefit for the horsemen, I suppose))
    Arxhar: “You rang?”
  • Malaina has Vari stop long enough and crouch down so Jess can hop on behind her
  • Grok prepares to shoot the firsthorse man he sees come over the ridge.
  • Thurirl lays down on the hill and waits.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Yes, there is a force of enemies of unknown strength heading our way”
    Emelgard: ((Oh, and a day’s hike East of you are the boundary mountains, there’s probably places there horses can’t go. Just mentioning it for thoroughness.))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Do you know any spells or such that might be of service?”
    Arxhar: “My time of imprisonment has adversely affected my ability to use magic … at the moment I’m afraid the best I could do is disguise myself or one of you to go investigate”
    Arxhar: “Depending on the enemies … a disguise may not help much”
    Seiankornai: “Not in this case, no.”
    Jessaila: “I agree.”
    Seiankornai: “It was worth a check.”
  • Malaina nods
    Jessaila: “Though I could probably do gaunt elf pretty easily. Hahaha.
    Seiankornai: Isabis, Thurirl, get on.”
  • Jessaila laughs without humor.
    Malaina: “No, you stay with us.”
    Seiankornai: Jamshid, you can ride Grok, since you can talk to him."
  • Isabis climbs on Seian gratefully
  • Seiankornai tells Grok that he should carry Jamshid
  • Grok makes tracks for the west
  • Thurirl climbs onto Seian, keeping an eye out for things.
    Arxhar: “Riding will not be necessary”
    You make it out of glancing-around distance of the keep, though you are close enough to hear the at least one group arrive and start yelling
  • Seiankornai starts walking west as well
  • Arxhar casts Fly on himself and Jamshid
  • Vari follows after Seian
    Seiankornai: “Wait you have flying magic? Why didn’t you mention that before?”
    The Kamil speakers catch snatches of things like “know you’re in there” and “burn you out like rats”
    Arxhar: “Doesn’t everybody?”
    Isabis: “No. No, everybody does not.”
    Isabis: “I don’t suppose you’d care to teach us?”
    Arxhar: “Hmm, times have changed it seems”
  • Thurirl whispers, “It seems we vacated the premises at the proper time.”
    Seiankornai: “No, drakes certainly haven’t bothered to learn that kind of magic, since we have no need of it.”
  • Seiankornai trots along at a good pace, not being overly gentle, but neither overly ungentle
    A few minutes later, the soliloquey changes to “…defend our ancestral…” and “…never steal our..”
  • Malaina is glad for the saddle
    It’s getting harder to hear, though
    Isabis: “I wonder if he’s still yelling at us?”
  • Seiankornai grins when someone translates for him
    Arxhar: “Well I’m not very good at teaching, but I could do it again if you want to watch”
    Isabis: “If it wouldn’t disacomodate you – or slow us down – I would be pleased to observe once more.”
  • Isabis casts an anxious glance over her shoulder
  • Arxhar acquiesces graciously
    Emelgard: ((who is he casting it on this time, Isabis herself?))
  • Emelgard is running somewhat behind you, being winded yet desperate
    Arxhar: ((if there is someone who doesn’t currently have a mount, them))
    Seiankornai: ((Grok?))
    Seiankornai: ((Close air support ;) ))
    Seiankornai: ((Ogre gunship))
    Emelgard: ((OH. Yes. Cast a flying spell on Grok, without warning, please.))
    Emelgard: ((I totally want to watch that unfold!))
    Thurirl: ((oh ye gods… there goes the neighborhood))
    Jessaila: ((Heehee!))
    Grok: ((So who is he casting it on?))
    Malaina: ((LOL))
  • Arxhar casts his flying spell on Grok
  • Isabis watches carefully, raising an eyebrow at the choice of target
    Seiankornai: “We’re probably far enough away, and they may be distracted enough, that we can gain a little height and go quite a bit faster.”
    Arxhar: ((Fly I from page 131 if anyone needs to read the effects))
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, you should be able to fly now.”
  • Grok stumbles, then finds himself walking on air
    Malaina: “….now I have seen everything….”
    Seiankornai: “Hold on!”
  • Isabis murmers “You’ve seen a horsefly…you’ve seen a housefly…but have you ever seen an ogre fly??”
  • Thurirl feels a little frightened at seeing this turn of events.
  • Seiankornai leaps into the air, and flys along at a good 20ft altitude
  • Grok starts to panic a little bit as gravity looses it’s effect on him.
  • Isabis looks back from her new altitude
  • Vari opens up his wings and flies right after Thurirl
    Isabis: “Keep moving, but I think we’ve got our distraction.”
  • Malaina speaks over her shoulder at Jess “You ok back there?”
  • Thurirl holds on to the flying drake!
    Thurirl: “Hmm… flight opens new possibilties for teaching…”
  • Grok learns about his newfound ability, then flies back east with his cannon drawn.
    Jessaila: “I’m okay, Mala.”
    Malaina: “…..We really need to get a leash on him.”
    Jessaila: “Still not used to looking So. Far. Down.”
    Anyone who looks back from the air can see that there’s a battle going on around the keep. The “patrols” seem to have had a good two dozen or more soldiers each, in the cronists’ case mostly ogres, and they are going at it nail and tongs just now.
    Seiankornai: "Indeed, " I beleive there are ways to prevents one’s fall from being injureous. No one suspects death from above."
  • Thurirl makes a note to at least learn a way to descend in silence without killing himself.
  • Grok opens fire on the battle in progress
    Seiankornai: WGROK!!!!!!!”
    Malaina: ((Did Grok forget he has a passenger?))
  • Emelgard runs below them, trying to yell something, but not getting out whole words
    Grok: ((From a couple of hundred feet up))
  • Vari lowers himself so he is closer to the running elf, so at least Jess can understand him
    Seiankornai: “Oh, did we forget someone?”
    Grok: W “Pack powder in there.” Grok says to Jamshid.
    Grok kills a gaunt elf and puts a hole in the outwall of th elower courtyard. Archers from both sides respond with a volley of arrows, then go back to shooting at each other.
  • Grok ignores their puny arrows and responds with cannonfire
    Thurirl: “…perhaps we should advise him to leave them alone? They seem content to ignore us.”
    Emelgard: Arrows attacking Grok: « 1d50+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 » « 1d50+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » « 1d50+5 = 10 + 5 = 15 » « 1d50+5 = 13 + 5 = 18 » « 1d50+5 = 32 + 5 = 37 » « 1d50+5 = 46 + 5 = 51 » « 1d50+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » « 1d50+5 = 25 + 5 = 30 » « 1d50+5 = 50 + 5 = 55 » « 1d50+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » « 1d50+5 = 50 + 5 = 55 » « 1d50+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » « 1d50+5 = 41 + 5 = 46 » « 1d50+5 = 42 + 5 = 47 » « 1d50+5 = 45 + 5 = 50 » « 1d50+5 = 36 + 5 = 41 »
    Thurirl: “Plus, now the survivors may decide to investigate us.”
    Emelgard: ((number of hits, please))
  • Seiankornai addresses the Genie “How long does it last?”
    Thurirl: ((holy schnikes))
    Seiankornai: ((uhhh, d50s? ))
    Grok: ((1d50? And hitting me 200 hundred feet up?))
    Emelgard: ((…there may have been a typo…))
    Arxhar: “A couple minutes”
    Emelgard: as I was saying, Arrows attacking Grok: « 1d20+5 = 14 + 5 = 19 » « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 » « 1d20+5 = 14 + 5 = 19 » « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » « 1d20+5 = 10 + 5 = 15 » « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 »
    Arxhar: ((one per casting level, not positive how that works with NPCs, it is threat level?))
    Thurirl: “Let us hope we can convince him to land before gravity does.”
    Seiankornai: W “Grok! Come back, it only lasts a couple of minutes! You’re going to fall and break your cannon!”
    Emelgard: ((Yes, threat level))
    Seiankornai: ((not to mention his head, but I’ll point out what he cares about))
    Grok: ((Taking into account range, all the arrows miss Grok))
    Emelgard: ((how high are you?))
    Grok: W “Waah? Grok not fly forever?”
    Arxhar: ((2 minutes then, although the campaign qualities may affect it))
    Grok: ((about 200 feet))
    Grok: W “How long I got?”
    Emelgard: ((ah, yes. OK, then.))
    Seiankornai: W “You’ll start falling any second now!”
  • Grok heads for the ground pronto.
    Thurirl: ((smart ogre))
    Grok: W "Wait, what a second?:
    Emelgard: ((Grok has at least 30 seconds ))
    Seiankornai: W “Now stay with us and fly fast and close to the ground, so you… you’re won’t be hurt when it’s done.”
  • Grok does as suggested
    Isabis: “Lets go back to finding a defensible position, shall we?”
    Thurirl: “Agreed. They will want to investigate who fired upon them.”
    Thurirl: “Even if the survivors are wounded, we need to be on guard.”
    Emelgard: ((BRB))
    The two groups are definitely doing mutual bloodshed, but the gaunt are forming up almost like soldiers now defending a gate, and the armored figure with the standard of the crone seems distracted and keeps looking in the direction of Grok’s appearance and departure.
  • Emelgard pauses to pant and yell “Take ME WITH YOU! PLEEEEEASE!”
  • Vari drops close and scoops Emelgard up
  • Seiankornai turns, drives, and grabs Emelgard in his claws
    Malaina: ((Beat ya!))
  • Jessaila approves of this development.
  • Seiankornai veers off so he doesn’t hit Vari
    Grok: ((and the drakes fight over him))
  • Emelgard seems uncomfortable having two drakes holding him in the air by one hand each
    Grok: ((and I grab a leg and pull too?))
    Malaina: ((Let’s swing him like a kid!))
    Emelgard: “th-th-th-th-”
  • Emelgard is /probably/ trying to say thank you, but seems to terrified to get it out
    Emelgard: (( ))
    Thurirl: “Perhaps we should have paused to land first, so that he might climb aboard one of you.”
  • Malaina calls to Seian "I have room on my saddle, drop him behind Jessalia and we can get going
  • Seiankornai does so
    You make several minutes of speedy flight, but soon the overloaded drakes are reconsidering their loads. You slow down some, and then you are blessed (?) with the onset of a heavy rain, the kind that soaks to the bone and reduces visibility to a dreary grey curtain.
    Grok is disconnected.
    Grok has connected.
    Grok: Hey all
    Emelgard: ((hey. Connection problems?))
    Grok: Seems like it
    Emelgard: ((what was the last thing you saw?))
    Grok: Seiankornai does so
    Thurirl: ((so repost the DM text and we’re good))
    You make several minutes of speedy flight, but soon the overloaded drakes are reconsidering their loads. You slow down some, and then you are blessed (?) with the onset of a heavy rain, the kind that soaks to the bone and reduces visibility to a dreary grey curtain.
  • Arxhar recasts flight spells at each 2 minute mark
  • Vari calls to Seian, wanting to land
  • Seiankornai agrees
  • Seiankornai finds a nice clearing to touch down in
  • Thurirl keeps on top of the drake until the ride has come to a complete stop.
  • Vari lands easily, folding his tired wings in and crouching down to let his passengers off
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur Very well, we have escaped, now what shall we do?
    Jessaila: “Keep escaping.”
    Malaina: “Yes, I think I saw one of them follow after Grok, it would probably be best to keep moving.”
    Isabis: “Until we escape as far as somewhere they won’t want to follow us, by preference.”
    Malaina: “The rain should help conceal us for now.”
    Jessaila: “Keeps the dogs off our trail.”
    Malaina: “I just hope they deem us not important and go back to fighting.”
    Seiankornai: “Hopefully. Though Grok might’ve hurt that.”
  • Seiankornai berates the ogre in Woanish
    Malaina: “I keep saying we need to put a leash on him…”
    Emelgard: ((what DO you want to do now? Run straight back to the Riddlemasters’ college, ambush your potential trackers, turn in Emelgard somewhere, take a detour…?))
    Malaina: ((Whatever is safest))
    Seiankornai: ((Let’s find a cave to hole up in where we can rest))
    Isabis: “That sounds terribly strenuous for whoever has to hold the leash.”
    Jessaila: “So Emelgard, what are your plans now? Doesn’t seem like it’d be safe for you to go back…”
  • Thurirl sits close to the fire to keep the chill away.
    Malaina: “Seian can hold him.”
    Emelgard: “I th-think it’s not s-safe for th-THEM to go back either. Th-th-theres still someone in l-league with th-the salt weep there.”
    Seiankornai: “I would rather not. I would like to fly and it’d be best not to give Grok that ability.”
  • Emelgard shivers, not necessarily from cold
    Emelgard: “Th-th-thanks for keeping them from k-klilling me, before. By the w-way.”
    Thurirl: “I would prefer not to arm the ogre any more than is necessary. He does not know the meaning of subtlety.”
  • Vari holds a wing open to sheild Mala from the rain
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, you really oughtto learn when to fight and when to make a tactical withdrawl. You should know very well that we drakes don’t back down from a fight, but neither do we charge headlong heedlessly.”
    Isabis: “Huh. I didn’t know woanish had words that long.”
    Isabis: “Must be from the pech dialects.”
    Seiankornai: ((The GM points out Seian may be using words too big for Grok; my response is “I know”))
    Jessaila: “Emelgard, would you like to come with us? It’s not back to, ah, ‘elven’ civilization, but I think you may be surprised at how civilized humans and other races can be. And your knowledge would be welcomed.”
    Seiankornai: ((I’m a less than totally considerate drake, and he’s an ogre; it’s bound to happen :P ;) ))
    Emelgard: ((I’m betting the desert ogres don’t have a word for “heedless”. Although there’s probably a proverb about people who go into the desert without water. ))
    Jessaila: ((I’m betting that ogres don’t have a phrase for ‘tactical withdrawal’, either.))
    Emelgard: “I…I-I guess a-anyplace far f-from the salt weep a-a-and that crazy axeman has t-to be an i-i-improvement.”
    Seiankornai: “Axeman?”
    Emelgard: “Y-you remember him. You b-broke both his arms.”
  • Thurirl looks at Emelgard.
    Seiankornai: “Oh right! That was funny.”
  • Emelgard looks exhausted
  • Malaina winces a bit
    Emelgard: ((that was the second in command of the patrol you took apart before, for those who don’t recall))
    Thurirl: “…would someone refresh my memory of this person of interest?”
  • Jessaila pulls out a blanket from her waterproof pack and tosses it over Emelgard.
    Emelgard: “Th-thank you.”
    Isabis: “That’s quite a stutter you’ve acquired. Battle damage to the speech centers?”
    Seiankornai: “I notice a number of people do that, actually.”
    Emelgard: “Y-yeah, no th-thanks to you lot. I-I lived, though.”
  • Emelgard mutters something under his breath; the gist of it seems to be that “that crazy axeman” is the other party responsible for the onset of the speech impediment
  • Jessaila kneels down and examines Emelgard.
  • Malaina stands close to Jessaila, arms folded
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » Medicine
  • Emelgard is not wounded per say, but looks like maybe he hasn’t slept in a while (besides running a marathon) and has some “interesting” bruises.
    Malaina: “Is he ok Jess?”
    Emelgard: “L-l-let’s keep moving. I-I do NOT want them catching up to us.”
    Thurirl: “He has a point. Our enemies may be just curious enough to continue the search. We cannot assume we are safe.”
    Emelgard: (( where “interesting” is approximately equal to “Physical abuse” ))
    Jessaila: “Agreed. Though when we stop next time, Emel, I’m going to whip you up some tea that’ll help you sleep.”
  • Malaina nods her head, “Let’s keep moving.”
    Emelgard: “C-c-curious?? They c-came to the place looking f-for you! If th-they survive the battle, they’ll look for you.”
    Malaina: “For us?! Why?!”
    Jessaila: “Um. Because as they see it, we invaded their front yard.”
    Seiankornai: “We’re infadels to them, and have tresspassed on their ancestors homeland. It’s all rather silly”
    Emelgard: “Th-that, and th-they’ve got it i-into their heads th-that you have s-s-some magic key th-that went missing, o-or else you wouldn’t h-have come all this way. Th-they think you’ll f-find the great treasure of the t-t-tower.”
  • Malaina looks to the others
    Emelgard: “…uh. Y-you didn’t h-h-happen to f-find any a-amazing treasured, d-did you?”
  • Thurirl suddenly feels a bit… culpable.
    Isabis: “We found a cookbook, a crate with an odd trademark, some garden stakes…”
    Malaina: “And an old medal.”
    Seiankornai: “And the genie we talked with.”
    Isabis: “Whoever left him didn’t think his bottle was a treasure, though. They filled it with common sand and left it lying on it’s side.”
    Fragment: “Nest….”
  • Malaina almost forgot about Fragment
    Isabis: “…er, right. And we found Fragment’s nest. And somebody’s journal, I think?”
    Emelgard: “K-k-k-korret! EEK!”
    Malaina: “Wow, you sound like a little girl when you make that noise.”
    Fragment: “Phobia…irrational fear…induced psychoses…”
    Isabis: “Fragment, have pitty. The poor fellow’s exhausted.”
    Jessaila: “Induced?”
    Emelgard: “I-i-it’s a pretty small Korret, I guess…”
  • Emelgard tries to keep someone else between himself and Fragment
  • Fragment begins reciting something in old Kamil…a textbook on psychology? The authors apparently were arguing that phobias were caused by failing to deal properly with traumatic experiences.
  • Seiankornai is intrigued by why the elf is afraid of the Korret
  • Jessaila is intrigued as well.
  • Malaina just found it amusing he screamed like a girl
  • Grok closes in and examines the Korret again.
  • Thurirl is wondering if they’ve counted his find from the stables…
    Seiankornai: “So the korret Fragment seems to be a friendly being… why do you fear it?”
    Jessaila: ((Did you ever tell us about your find from the stables? Or are you thinking of the key we used to open the door?))
    Seiankornai: ((that was the key I believe))
    Thurirl: ((maybe; I wasn’t here last week))
    Malaina: ((Yea, it was the key))
    Thurirl: ((I just found something with a chain?))
    Malaina: ((Yea, that was the key))
    You whisper to Jessaila: Gaunt elves have had mixed experiences with Korretim, and their stories build them up as monsters quite a bit. Apparently Korretim don’t always deal well with people taking away their libraries, and they Never deal well with people who take away their libraries and wave swords at them on the same day.
    Thurirl: ((okay then hits resume))
    Fragment: ((technically, it was two keys, one of which opened the door above))
    Thurirl: “As fascinating as this conversation is, perhaps we should talk as we move?”
  • Isabis was definitely still walking
    Seiankornai: “Very well. Let us go.”
  • Malaina heads out, folding her arms
  • Emelgard answers Seian as they go.
  • Vari walks, still using his wing to sheild Mala from the rain
    Emelgard: “I ran i-into one w-when I was exploring o-once. It w-was much b-bigger, a-and it d-didn’t want to let me t-t-take what I f-found.”
    Emelgard: “I g-got away, but it chased me a-all the way h-home, and h-haunted me for months.”
  • Thurirl decides to keep himself a little isolated from the group, in case of another ambush.
    Emelgard: “C-creepy ghost things…”
    Fragment: “Superstitions…ignorance…ignorant superstitious thieves….”
    Seiankornai: “And what are we, Fragment?”
    You whisper to Jamshid par-Bahadur: Axhad would know that Fragment has sometimes chased away “thieves” from their prior home by pretending to be a ghost
  • Malaina stretchs as they walk, rolling her neck
    Jessaila: “I don’t think Korrets react well to people who wave swords at them and take away their libraries.”
  • Fragment cocks his birdlike head at Seian and blinks his i’s thoughtfully.
    Thurirl: “I once heard somewhere that librarians were some of the most dangerous things alive. It is generally regarded as unwise to cross one.”
    Isabis: “I can vouch for that.”
    Isabis: “The one in the students’ library back home makes ogres look like delicate elf-maids. No offense to Grok.”
    Fragment: “Courtesy…travelers…”
    Thurirl: “I presume this is in part because they are voracious readers. With all the spell books in this world, and others, I imagine they are knowledgeable of a few ways to punish thieves and saboteurs.”
    Grok: W “Where can Grok find such a powerful foe?”
  • Thurirl thinks we can find one back in the college…
    Seiankornai: W “In a library, a place of much learning that is guarded bery strictly.”
    Fragment: ((hehe, but the librarian looks like a wizened little old lady; it might be hard to convince Grok you’re not pulling a prank on him.))
    Thurirl: ((let him remain unconvinced D= think of the books!))
    Seiankornai: ((I can introduce him to a drake librarian))
    Thurirl: ((I know of a succubus librarian…))
    Seiankornai: ((drake libraries use stone tablets and metal plates, generally; with well protected sections for the paper-based tomes))
    Seiankornai: ((so any other events before we find a safe place to camp?))
    Fragment: ((no, where are you going to camp?))
    Thurirl: ((as far away from that blasted castle as possible))
    Seiankornai: ((in a cave somewhere))
    Malaina: ((Somewhere where no one can see us))
    Jessaila: ((Someplace dry where Jessaila can make Emelgard some tea.))
    Fragment: ((Jamshid, you really typing or is it just stuck?))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((stuck apparently))
    Fragment: ((OK, just checking))
    Grok: ((Someplace where Grok can get some food))
    You travel a full day, and then a little extra, and then find a good cave with a narrow opening that the larger party members can squeeze through.
  • Seiankornai lits a fire, since he is its master
    Tea and venison are both heated in whole-party quantities, the venison being left over from teh last hunting expedition before you got to the ruin.
  • Malaina lets out a breath of relief now that she is able to sit down
  • Vari lays down along the wall, close to the entrance
  • Thurirl accepts the meat and tea graciously. Not his preferred drink, but complaining is of little use out here.
  • Seiankornai lines the opposite wall, pointing end towards the entrance
    Fragment: The enemy or enemies are some unknown distance behind, which is not precisely reassuring, but you are dry and they’re not here yet anyway, so you all make the best of it.
  • Malaina gratefully accepts the drink and meat, happily eating away and sipping at her tea
    Fragment: ((the GM will spend some time figuring out the final tally on surviving enemies and their respective damage levels before next week))
  • Jessaila makes sure Emelgard’s well settled in to heal.
  • Malaina sits against Vari and feeds him, patting and scratching around the horns on his head
    Emelgard drinks tea, eats food, and collapses into the sleep of the exhausted. He doesn’t even notice being covered with a blanket thereafter.
    Dragonhawk: ((If you bind him, he still won’t wake up to notice it))
    Dragonhawk: ((We’ll declare watches and so forth next week))
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

    Dragonhawk: We we’ll play next week, then take off before and after Christmass – maybe run a quick side-quest if people are online and bored.

    Dragonhawk: OK, then. see you all next week. You have successfully reduced the size of your battle, it remains to be seen how much will be catching up with you.

Log 20

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 19

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk