Log 2

Logs Index
Main Page

Malaina has connected.
Malaina: Never fear for I am here!
The goblins do not fear, then
Isabis has connected.
Malaina: Hey, no saying that!
Thurirl has connected.
Malaina: Who else we waiting on?
TGU: (at least one more, two if the 1st has had news of the 2nd)
Thurirl: (duly noted)
Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
TGU: (hi)
Jamshid par-Bahadur: (greetings)
Isabis: (Hello)
As you trek up the mountains to where the new mine is located, you begin to hear the distant cries of drakes.
You whisper to Malaina: Vari is the only one that can understand the cries, they are usual day-to-day things

  • Vari perks his head up, hearing the voices up ahead and seems to quicken his pace
  • Isabis tries to determine if they’re calling to each other or just making noise for the joy of it
    Malaina: Whoa, where’s the fire Vari? she hangs on easily though
    TGU: ((these kinds of cries you can consider like a draconic Twitter))
    Isabis: ((fire? in his belly!))
    Malaina: ((Ha ha!))
    Isabis: ((They saying anything interesting?))
    You whisper to Malaina: Vari heras things like “I found breakfast”, “Flying down to the human lands for cows.” “Want to mate?” “I caught a goblin! Yum!”
  • Vari wants to get in on those convos!
    Malaina: ((Only Vari knows))
  • Thurirl follows the others, keeping close in case he is needed.
    TGU: ((Vari can translate them to you, they’re not in proper Vidoss))
    Malaina: “Goblin breakfast! Mating drakes! Cows!”
  • Vari wants some goblins and cows to eat
    Isabis: “…goblin breakfast?”
    Isabis: “I hope that means goblins FOR breakfast and not the other way around.”
    Malaina: “Goblins are…yummy for breakfast! Cows good snack!”
  • Malaina smiles sheepishly as she shrugs
  • Vari spreads his wings, looking like he is about to take off
    You continue on. Another few hours sees you at the mining camp. They already have a couple shacks setup.
  • Malaina kept Vari grounded during that time
  • Thurirl ignores the chatter of drakes. He is more interested in observing his surroundings.
  • Isabis also keeps a weather eye out for goblins, large animals, whomever we’re guiding the mines from, etc.
    As you approach, a large man comes up to you and gives you a look over.
    Foreman Grivs: “Aye, and who might you be?”
  • Malaina slides off Vari’s back as he lowers himself
  • Thurirl hangs in the back of the group and observes.
  • Foreman Grivs gives Vari and Grok a wary eye, but doesn’t say anything about them.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur bows deeply
  • Vari lays himself behind Mala, looking around
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “I am Jamshid par-Bahadur, and these are my associates”
    Isabis: “We’re the sunchasers hired to stand in for mine guards until the regular guard is hired.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “We have come to help you protect this mine from goblin interlopers”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “yes, what he said”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur gives an annoyed glance at Isabis
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “er, she said”
  • Malaina folds her arms and just watchs
  • Isabis frowns at Jamshid in annoyance, but keeps quiet
    TGU: ((intra-party annoyance, yay!))
    Malaina: ((XD))
    Isabis: (( ))
    Thurirl: ((heh))
    Isabis: (( If it was the lizard or the ogre, I’d maybe understand calling me male but really! ))
    TGU: (( if Grok understood what was said, he’d say “Grok laugh that puny human can’t tell own kind’s gender! HAHAHA”))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur comes from a traditional nomadic tribe, he’s still getting used to the concept of female adventurers….
    Isabis: ((hehe))
    Grivs: “Ah, good then. I was afraid it might take a bit longer. I’m the foreman, Grivs. Pleased to make your acquaintance.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “The pleasure is ours”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Might you be so kind as to show us around the operation?”
    Grivs: “Sure, sure. Mostly it’s just a couple shacks, one for our equipment and supplies, another for our cots. You’ll be staying there as well, hmm, except for the drake, and uh, ogre.”
    Grivs: “I suppose they can shelter in the mine itself.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Not a problem. Grok prefers to sleep outdoors anyway.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: (Bluff 11)
    Malaina: "As do I, I have a bedroll and blanket, me and Vari are used to sleeping outdoors
    Grivs: (sense motive « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 »)
    Grok: “What you saying about me?”
  • Grivs eyes Jamshid, “Are you certain about that?”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur shrugs
    Isabis: ((he certainly prefers it to trying to fit into a human-sized bed ))
    Grivs: ((that I can believe))
    Thurirl: “If you wish to speak for the ogre, might I suggest making sure he does not disagree with the words you use?”
    Grivs: “There’s ten of us miners here, the others are currently digging out the mine, as you can hear. They’ll be stopping for the day in about an hour, then we prepare supper. Breakfast is at teh crack of dawn.”
    Isabis: “I think I’ll volunteer for night watch.”
  • Malaina looks a tad uncomfy
    Malaina: “Me and Vari do better during the day…”
    Thurirl: “I am not adverse to staying up late. I will join you, if you wish.”
    Grivs: (observer incoming)
    TakWatcher has connected.
    TakWatcher: ((hullo all.))
    Thurirl: ((Quick! Everybody look busy!))
    Malaina: ((Shhhh))
    Grivs: “You can setup watches however you wish, that’s your job.”
  • Isabis nods to Thurirl. “I bet your, ah, educational efforts, are even more effective at night.”
  • Thurirl allows a small smile to appear on his lips, but says nothing.
    Grivs: “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I got to get back to bossing the others around.” * he gives a chuckle *
  • Malaina chuckles and waves
    Malaina: “I guess that means me and Vari are on day duty, that is fine, he does much better during the day, he isn’t very active at night.”
    It is now late afternoon, so there will not be much of a day left.
    Malaina: “Should we explore more, introduce ourselves, or should me and Vari go find a place to sleep for the night?”
    Isabis: “Let’s explore for some small game and make supper.”
    The ground is both sun warmed and heated from below by the furnaces of the earth. There’s a good stream a 10 minute walk away. The ground is mostly bare, though there are patches of grass and a few trees here and there.
    Thurirl: “I concur. We should familiarize ourselves with the area so there are no surprises.”
    Malaina: “Alright…and I think Vari might want to go have some talks with the Drakes we heard earlier.”
    Game on the mountain consists mostly of goats and a few rabbits. There is the occasional wolf or large cat, by they stay away from the drake as much as possible.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur turns to Grok and addressing him in his native dialect asks him to see if he can find any goblin tracks in the area
    Malaina whispers: Can Mala let Vari go for a bit so he can interact with the Drakes that are around?
    Grok: “Grok the mighty is great at hunting goblins!”
    You whisper to Malaina: sure
  • Malaina gathers her own belongings from Vari’s saddle bags and pats his flank, “Go on, I know you are eager. But behave, don’t start fights and come back before the sun sets.”
  • Grok looks for goblin tracks « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 »
    You whisper to Malaina: there’s nothing tying the two together (like there is with Yendil and Drace)
  • Vari looks eager and nods his head, nuzzling her a bit roughly and then walks away from the group before flapping his wings and taking off, roaring to the Drakes in the distance he is coming
  • Grok looks for tasty food « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 »
    Grok does not find any goblin tracks. And fortuantely he recognizes human tracks before embarrasing himself.
    Grok does manage to track down a few goats though
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “No Grok, I said goblins not goats”
  • Malaina would never eat goblin, unless she was killing them for Vari to eat
    Grok: “Grok the mighty finds no goblins. Goats are for eating.”
  • Thurirl makes no comment, stopping only to note that perhaps the Ogre is better at guarding than hunting.
    The day advances till night falls. Then another and another. Uneventfully.
  • Vari made it back to Mala, unharmed and not having caused any trouble…and goblinless
  • Isabis studies the local wildlife to stave off boredom
  • Malaina finds out about the latest Drake gossip from Vari and rolls his eyes when he starts begging for 100 silver
    Vari: “But it’s a cccooooooowwwwww!!”
    TGU: ((hehe))
  • Thurirl busies himself with studying the terrain over the next few days, to be sure he knows where to watch.
  • Malaina also busies herself with terrain learning, trying to convince Vari he can catch something bigger and juicer then trying to buy a cow from other Drakes
    Isabis: ((but goats are Tough! ))
    Thurirl finds the terrain to be pocketed with many tunnels and caves, though most are too small for a drake to make a home in, but other things he’s found in a few.
  • Thurirl reports his findings to the others when he can, to make sure they are all aware of the situation.
    You whisper to Thurirl: he did manage to find one cave that had not one, but two drakes inside. Much to his embarrassment
    Malaina: “What did you find?”
    Thurirl whispers: He’ll keep that part to himself. =P
    Thurirl: “I found nothing. To be exact, a great deal of nothing.”
    Malaina: “That seems…highly suspicious…”
    Thurirl: “There are many tunnels and caves around the area, though I doubt the drakes would find much use for them.”
    Thurirl: “Nothing of any particular interest to our duties has come up. I will inform you when I do find such.”
    Isabis: "Do any of the tunnels let out particularly near the mine, either inside of outside?
    You whisper to Thurirl: that is a possibility
    Thurirl: “I have not taken the time to explore them fully. I do not have the required gear necessary for spelunking.”
    Thurirl: “Nevertheless, we must take into account the possibility of such.”
    Malaina: “All I have is rope. But should we check them out anyway?”
    Thurirl: “In my opinion, it would be wise to at least check some of the smaller ones for goblin activity. Although the drakes may not be able to make use of them, much smaller creatures very well could.”
    Grivs: "Hmm, could check the side passages in the mine that we haven’t setup yet. See if they lead anywhere.
  • Malaina nods her head, “For all we know, they are using the smaller caves to stage an attack.”
    Thurirl: “It would be to their advantage. Goblins can see in the dark, if I’m not mistaken. Most humans cannot.”
    Malaina: “Very true…”
    Grivs: “Hmm, yeah, goblins have been known to use the smaller tunnels in this region. It’s one reason why they were able to hunt the drakes’ young for so long without being discovered.”
    Thurirl: “Then, in my view, if all concur, is that we explore what passages we can for evidence of raiders. Once we know which they’re using, we can proceed from there.”
    Malaina: “I agree…sorry Vari, you can’t come along, the tunnels are too small for you.”
  • Vari grumbles cause he can’t be on the hunt
    Isabis: “You can breath some fire down them just to clear the entrance, though.”
    Grivs: "The main tunnels aren’t that small, though. We needed to make them bigger so we could work them.
    Grivs: “Can’t say the same for any side passages though.”
    Thurirl: “While fire is an effective deterrent, perhaps we should wait until we’re sure there aren’t drakes that will answer Vari back?”
    Malaina: “What do you mean?”
    Grivs: “There shouldn’t be any drakes too close to the mine. And it’s kinda hard for a drake to hide that much, anyway.”
    Isabis: “I meant in the tunnels that drakes can’t fit into. …surely if there were any wyrmlings around, we’d have seen parents by now, right?”
    Thurirl: “My apologies. I sometimes forget how far a drake can and cannot breathe fire.”
    Malaina: “Very true, Drake parents are very protective of their nests”
    Grivs: “More so these days.”
    Thurirl: “It would not be very polite if we sent fire down a tunnel only to surprise some of the local drakes.”
    Malaina: “Perhaps we can explore, and if it is a nest of eggs, then we would need to know why the parents didn’t come down and try to attack us right away.”
    Grivs: "But now you even hear stories of a whole adult drake being picked to the bone, like those goblins are just a raveging bunch of land piranha.
  • Malaina frowns and narrows her eyes, tightening her hands into fists
  • Thurirl says nothing, his face unreadable.
    Isabis: “Something has to be done about them, that’s for sure.”
    Isabis: “But in the immediate, we shall investiage the tunnels too small for grown drakes and let Vari guard the entrances.”
  • Malaina nods, keeping quiet for now
    Thurirl: “Agreed.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “I am not an expert on drakes, but if you think that they may pose a threat to the mine we should definitely give it a go”
    You spend the next couple of days investigating the tunnels connected to the mine. Most eventually get too small, even for a goblin, but there are a handful that lead back out to daylight else where.
    Grivs: “Nah, the drakes aren’t the problem, it’s them goblins.”
    Grivs: “A drake actually found out that this cave had some good minerals and sold it to us, with a bit of annual profits to her as well.”
    Isabis: “Heh. It must not be gold, if all she wanted was a bit.”
    Malaina: “I am guessing things like cows, other herd animals?”
    Grivs: “Mostly iron, some copper too. Also coal.”
    Grivs: “These mountains can be pretty rich.”
    Isabis: “And a useful type of rich, too.”
  • Malaina nods
    Malaina: “Well, there aren’t any goblins in the mines and Vari told me that there was only one goblin spotted when we got here and it was eaten.”
  • Isabis draws a map of the larger caves and makes rounds to cover them thereafter
    Thurirl: “We should make sure the tunnels that lead to the surface cannot be used by the goblins. Perhaps they can be sealed somehow, or warded to give alarm?”
    Grivs: “Yes, that’ll be…”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “A good idea”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Will we need them to be passable later?”
    PHwwwwp! An arrow loges in the ground at your feet.
    Grivs: *lodges
  • Malaina jumps back in surprise
  • Thurirl merely looks up, his dagger suddenly in hand.
    Up on the hill you can see a group of goblins, coming down
  • Malaina glares in pure hatred and pulls one of her Chakram from her belt
    There’s more than a dozen of the gruby things
  • Vari roars, flaring his wings
  • Isabis readies her bow
    Grivs: Init!
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Mala and Vari
    Isabis: Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 »
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 »
    Grivs: « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » goblin glaivers, « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » goblin swords, « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » goblin bows
    Isabis: Grok init: « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 »
  • Grok roars at the puny enemy
    Grivs: ((notice checks))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » Notice
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I assume that Study: Goblins applies to this check?))
    Grivs: ((yes))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Notice: 15
    Grivs: ((and roll init))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Initiative: 24
  • Grivs screams like a manly girl and runs into the mine
    Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 »
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok hurls a javelin at the foremost goblin (21) hitting « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 » for damage « 1d10+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 »
    Malaina and Jamshid notice that the goblins seem to have patches of dark scales on them. They seem to be ones that have partaken in drake flesh.
    Malaina: “Kill them all! They’ve been feasting on Drakes!! Bastards!”
    TGU: ((hit))
  • Grok activates his crit (3 action dice remain)
    Grok the Mighty’s mighty javelin skewers the unmighty goblin.
  • Grok 5’ steps and tries to skewer another hitting « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » for damage « 1d10+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 »
  • Thurirl says nothing, and doesn’t seem to change his expression. However, if those who knew him best looked, they would notice his face darken with disgust and rage.
    Grok: ((goblin 12 this time, the foremost on the other flank))
    TGU: ((he just barely hits the goblin))
    Isabis: (done)
    TGU: « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » damage save
    Grok the Mighty is mighty indeed, two javelins, two dead goblins.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    TakWatcher: ((2 down!))
    TakWatcher: ((22 to go!))
    Malaina: ((Hush!))
    TakWatcher: ((give or take a few))
    TGU: ((16, rather))
  • Thurirl stands still, observing his enemy. Once he selects a target, he silently calls upon his magic…
    Malaina: ((I thought there were only a dozen))
    TGU: ((I said over a dozen))
    TGU: ((and that was before I realized I had to account for Vari as well ))
    Isabis: ((looks like 18 enemy as of rolling init. Assuming the three off the the left are the initiative ghosts))
  • Thurirl decides to slow the enemy down, entangling them with magical vines closest to where they are likely to descend.
    Thurirl: Spellcheck: « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 »
    TGU: ((success))
    The little plant life there is on the hill suddenly springs to life and multiples extrodinarily
  • Thurirl moves a little closer to find some sparse shadows to hide in, in case his enemies make it down to him.
    Isabis: ((Can I take cover in the shack and lean out the door to shoot?))
    TGU: ((maybe))
    TGU: ((rollign a bunch of saves….))
    TGU: « 1d20+2 = 10 + 2 = 12 », « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 », « 1d20+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 », « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 », « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 »
    « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 », « 1d20+2 = 15 + 2 = 17 », « 1d20+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 »
    « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 »« 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 », « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 », « 1d20+3 = 12 + 3 = 15 »
    TakWatcher: ((two 20s. nice.))
    TGU: ((except those are goblin saves))
    TGU: ((vs DC 15))
    TakWatcher: ((7/13 failures. handy spell.))
    TakWatcher: ((er, 6))
    Most of the archer goblins are entangled, as well as a few of the melee goblins
    Thurirl: ((done))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur hurls his javelin at goblin 17 (Attack 20 for 5 damage)
    TGU: ((hit))
    TGU: ((goblin damage save « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 »))
    The goblin is nicked
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur then readies his secon javelin and throws it at goblin 17 (Attack 16 for 9 damage)
    The distance offsets hsi skill, he misses
    Malaina has received initiative.
    TGU: ((oops))
    TGU: ((hit the button twice, Malaina,, go))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur readies his bolas and (using Contempt) throws them at goblin 17 (Attack 19 for 9 subdual damage)
    Malaina: « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » Chakram
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
    TGU: ((it is out of range of the bolas, and the chakram))
    TGU: ((they both have range 20ft x 3))
    Malaina: ((Well, what can I do? Just ready my weapons?))
    TGU: ((you can move 30ft closer, then throw, though wiht that roll it’ll be a miss unless you spend an action die))
    Malaina: ((Ok, I’ll just say she moved closer and I am spending an action die))
    TGU: ((ok, roll a 1d4 then))
    Malaina: « 1d4 = 4 »
    TGU: ((nice, that hits, no need for it to explode))
    TGU: ((roll damage))
    Malaina: ((So that is just a regular hit, correct?))
    TGU: ((yes))
    Malaina: « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    TGU: ((« 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » damage save))
    Malaina hits the foul goblin’s throat
  • Vari roars as he moves closer to the goblins and lets loose a flame of fire at them
    Vari: ((Ok, scratch that))
  • Vari flaps his wings and flies up into the air, roaring as he got closer to the goblins, flames licking out the sides of his mouth
    Vari: ((done))
    Some of the goblins move up
    TGU: ((and I should remember they’re wearing armor with movement penalties ))
    TGU: (save to get out of entanglement « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 »
    The little goblin manages to break free
    The goblin archers take shot at you all
    TGU: ((and the four entangled take the Deadshot stance))
    TGU: Vs Vari « 1d20+3 = 2 + 3 = 5 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    Vs Vari « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
    Vs Grok « 1d20+1 = 16 + 1 = 17 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
    Vs Malaina « 1d20+3 = 13 + 3 = 16 » for « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 »
    Vs Thurirl « 1d20+3 = 17 + 3 = 20 » for « 1d6 = 3 »
    Malaina is disconnected.
    Malaina has connected.
    Malaina is disconnected.
    TGU: (so miss, hit, miss, hit, and hit))
  • Thurirl snarls as the arrow hits him, making a note to “educate” that archer soon.
    TGU: ((it was goblin 6, in case he’s interested))
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis takes partial cover in a doorway
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 »
    Isabis: (goblin 5)
    Malaina has connected.
    Malaina: ((Back, I apoligize))
    TGU: ((wb))
    Malaina: ((What do I need to do to switch back to the map I was on before?))
    TGU: ((I won’t activate the crit))
    TGU: ((see teh globe in the upper right?))
    Grok has received initiative.
    TGU: ((ok, it’s late so we shall stop here))
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 3

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 2

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk