Log 26

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 25

Thurirl: (happy birthday, DH!)
Dragonhawk: thanks
Dragonhawk: Also: All Present! First time in a while
Grok: ((o, time for me to leave…))
Dragonhawk: 9.9
Thurirl: ((I do hope you’re joking.))
Seiankornai: ((if you do, ogres everywhere and forever will have the reputation of cowardly quitters))
After a lot of walking and a good day in town, you hiked over the pass from Caskanath to Arun and are now approaching the Riddlemasters’ College
Grok: ((darn it, you know grok too well))
Seiankornai: ((he’s a very transparent character ;) ))
You each started your brief downtime in the big city with 245s cash in hand besides whatever you had at the start of the trip. You also sold your trade goods there, and managed not to get fleeced by the big-city traders.
« 558/7 = 558 / 7 = 79.71428571428571428571428571428571 »
Grok: ((no Thuril is the one we can’t see.))
Seiankornai: ((snerk))
« 7*79 = 7 * 79 = 553 »
…so you each got another 79s cash in hand, and you made Vari’s mini-hoard 5s bigger too.
Malaina: ((Vari is thankful, since I can’t select his icon))
Thurirl: ((Hey now, I resemble that!))
You still have assorted potions, oils, ointments, and unusual weapons in the party stash, but that can wait unil later – say, after you see the paymaster! These are the kind of days when it’s good to be a Sunchaser.
You whisper to Malaina: You can select it on the token holder “map” or use the command “/im Vari” to change your display name

  • Vari happily batting at the bag of silver he is saving up for cows
    Better yet, people are currently hiring in both Arun and Caskanath for bodyguards traveling the river to the northern regions, so more money is likely to follow in good order.
    Isabis: "Now, if we’re not in too much of a hurry, we should meet the recieving scholars to haggle over the bounties. The folks in the paymaster’s office can’t give us anything but the list bounty, but the recieving scholars are authorized to discuss price based on conditions and special qualities.
  • Isabis waggles the magic book meaningfully
  • Jessaila nods.
  • Malaina doesn’t really get any of that, but will go along anyway
  • Grok goes along to help “convince” the scholars of their special qualities
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((how much downtime?))
  • Thurirl is interested in finding out what they just risked their lives for.
    Seiankornai: “That sounds wise. I would certainly like the opportunity for more silver and gold.”
    Isabis: ((so far, 9 days traveling and 1 full free day in the city. You will have another full day free after you get paid.))
    Grok whispers: Grok is going to be trying to hire scholars to research how to attract river monsters
    Isabis informs the secretary in the paymaster’s office of your interest in discussing your finds, and she shows you to a workroom. Inside are two elves and two humans.
    Malaina: ((Can the drakes fit in there?))
  • Jessaila glances at the elves.
    One of the humans is Professor Serche, who officially hired you
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur has purchased various odds and ends at the last village and he will be attempting to sell them for a profit here ((in other words making a Downtime Haggle check to earn cash — check is 12))
    Isabis: ((yes, it’s a big area with long tables, sized for drakes to work in, though none happen to be on this particular team this particular semester))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur only manages to earn 10 silver pieces ((unless the GM wants to modify things))
    Jamshid finds that Arun already has a pretty good trade with Caskanath, and things aren’t worth that much more than they were there.
  • Seiankornai earns 40s for just being an awesome drake
    Isabis: ((yeah, OK, the rest of you can draw your panache income too ))
    Malaina: ((eh?))
  • ProfSerche introduces his fellow researchers:
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((and we have to waste our imprudence cash now right?))
    Seiankornai: ((yeah, before hte panache kicks in, though))
    Malaina: ((confused))
    ProfSerche: “This is Lorewoman Lorasaadi Warde and her daughter, Dissertand Leoril Warde,” (the elves)
    ProfSerche: ((Wait, wait. Get pait first, THEN waste imprudence cash, THEN get panache income))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((ah ok))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur bows deeply to Serche, Lorasaadi and Leoril in turn
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “A pleasure to make your acquaintance” ((Impress 13 to improve dispositions))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur whispers: will spend an action die if it comes close
    ProfSerche: …“and this is dissertand Tobias Grimbald”
    ProfSerche: (the human)
    Seiankornai: ((“dissertand”?))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur bows to him as well
  • Thurirl stands near the back and observes, staying still and quiet.
  • Jessaila bows and addressed the elves in elven. “Good day.” « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » Impress.
    ProfSerche: « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » L&L mutual resolve
    ProfSerche: « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 » TG resolve
    The elf women seem disposed to be happy with you – you’re bringing them goodies, after all. Tobias seems rather sour and grouchy, and frowns at you, but at least manages to be polite
    ProfSerche: “So, let’s see what you have for me.”
    Isabis lays out the items, and the four begin going through them, passing around a clipboard with your pay slip on it.
  • Leoril looks through the non-paper goods, making tally marks.
    Leoril: “Rubbing, etching, etching, etch…oh, it’s a set. Plaque…on display stand? Hourglass case? Hmm.”
    Seiankornai: “It seemed a whole lot of gaunt elves were interested in these treasures we acquired as well.”
    Tobias: “This rubbing is terrible, completely illegible!”
  • Tobias waves the rubbing of the bell riddle upside-down
  • Seiankornai turns it rightside up
    ProfSerche: “That doesn’t surprise me. The gaunt are always difficult about anyone else taking things from elven ruins.”
    Seiankornai: “Might that work better?”
  • Grok doesn’t appreciate Tobias’s tone, nor his words when translated, and growls menacingly at him
  • Thurirl is not sure why Tobias is being so harsh.
  • Tobias turns red and hastily adds a tally to the sheet
    Leoril: “Rediculous fools, wasting away like the ruins themselves because they can’t face the present.”
    Grok: ((Intimidate « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » if needed))
  • Lorasaadi carefully looks over the book
    Seiankornai: ((probably best not to intimidate them))
    Lorasaadi: “This partial restoration is excellent work. Who did you get to do it, Isabis?”
    Seiankornai: “Easy, Grok, these are academics, they get all peculiar about things like this, don’t take it personally.”
    Lorasaadi: « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 » TG resolve
  • Tobias seems uneasy around Grok, and moves around the table whenever the ogre approaches him.
  • Thurirl is once again unsure whether he should teach the ogre subtlety.
    Isabis: “We did it ourselves actually. Jamshid here knows his leather, which helped a great deal. You will note it has considerable notes on spellcasting and magic theory.”
    Lorasaadi: “Oh? Let me just spot-check it…”
  • Thurirl looks a bit uncomfortable when the book is mentioned… though it’s hard to tell with him.
  • Lorasaadi reads various pages, careful of the aged paper, then makes a special notation below the tally marks.
    Isabis: “Also, this book that was actually not burned is an actual textbook of the magical arts, and enchanted to boot.”
  • ProfSerche takes the book before Tobias can reach it, and begins spot-checking it.
    ProfSerche: “My, my…this is interesting.”
    ProfSerche: ((feel free to roll bargianing with the Prof.))
    ProfSerche: « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » how valuable is valuable?
    Seiankornai: “Yes, we even kept it safe from a Knight of the Crone.” (impress « 1d20+6 = 18 + 6 = 24 »
    Seiankornai: “And it kept this little Korret alive all this time.”
    ProfSerche: ((OK, you can roll your Haggle at +2 as Prof Serche is fairly impressed by that))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: Haggle 14
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((that’s a natural one))
    ProfSerche: ((not activating, these are honest scholars with an exciting find not merchants trying to squeeze blood from a turnip ))
    Seiankornai: ((it’s not an autofailure yet; if he rolls lower, you still win))
    Seiankornai: ((it has to both be a natural roll within your error range, and a normal failure))
  • ProfSerche helps Jamshid negotiate « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » vs 15
    Seiankornai: ((ok, now it’s an error; forutantely, she’s not activating it :P ))
    ProfSerche: ((er, ISABIS helps Jamshid negotiate. The 14 above is Serche’s haggle roll ))
    Seiankornai: ((oh, that ws Isabis))
    ProfSerche: ((does anyone else want to help? This is “Bargaining” per page 74))
  • Jessaila will let the experts bargain.
  • Seiankornai puts in a few more words, talks about how much the gaunt elves wanted it, etc (haggle « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 »)
    ProfSerche: ((OK, 18 vs 14 means you talk him up to 120% of list price.))
    Thurirl: ((oh, hey, we just learned about percents last Monday…))
    All in all, the group is very excited with your finds, especially the two books and the research notes.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: can I use an action die to boost a natural one?
    ProfSerche: ((yeah, since it wasn’t actually a failure))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 6
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 6
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 5
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((wow))
    Seiankornai: ((WOOT!)))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((so that’s +17 to the orignal roll of 14))
    Seiankornai: ((plusthe +4 from assists))
    Thurirl: ((holy cow))
    Grok: ((dice good tonight))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((for a total haggle check of 35 vs. 14))
    The more the magic users talk about their experiences reading the book, the more Prof. Searche looks bowled over, and the more bowled over he looks, the higher Jamshid’s asking price goes. Mention is made of the discussion on whether to actually turn it in or not, and pretty soon the Lorewoman is countersigning a really large pay voucher.
    « 150 * 2000 = 150 * 2000 = 300000 »
    « 1.50 * 2000 = 1.50 * 2000 = 3000.00 »
    The smaller items brought 2370, and the magical magic book brought 3000 all by itself. Adding in your retainer, the total comes out to 6070
    ProfSerche: « 6070/7 = 6070 / 7 = 867.1428571428571428571428571428571 »
  • Jessaila would snicker if it was seemly.
    « 867*7 = 867 * 7 = 6069 »
    That works out to 867s each, and one for Fragment, who has been hovering around the edge of the proceedings the whole time and expresses an interest in “inscriptions…symbols…” when the silver is counted out.
    ProfSerche: ((add 867 to your cash in hand))
    Malaina: ((How much does Vari get? You know, for the stress he got from taking care of Mala?))
    ProfSerche: ((he got the remainder from earlier, 5s I think? Plus that little loot item.))
    Malaina: ((Can I take some from my silver on hand and put it into his fund?))
    ProfSerche: ((you can just use it to buy stuff for him))
    Malaina: ((Fine, I’ll buy him a cow, in fact, if I can, I’ll buy him and Seian a cow))
    ProfSerche: ((heh.))
    Seiankornai: ((yeah, the coin you lose for (im)prudence is perfect for the fluff stuff like buying cows))
    ProfSerche: ((actually, buying Vari cows during down time counts as part of the …yes, exactly.))
    Seiankornai: ((heh, and Seian will thank her graciously :) ))
    Malaina: ((Yay, cows for the drakes!))
    Seiankornai: ((the coin we keep is more for actual combat and mechanics stuff))
    ProfSerche: ((Anyone who bought copying services pay for the copies out of cash in hand now))
  • Jessaila goes shopping for a thoughtful gift for a young drake.
  • Malaina goes off to find some fat, meaty looking cows to buy for the drakes
  • Seiankornai goes looking for a suitable establishment to have a very fancy party for the party
    Grok runs into a pech researcher tacking up a sign offering his services.
  • Seiankornai also gets his scales polished and shined and buys a few more pieces of drake jewelry; must keep up his appearance!
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur spends 785 silver on luxurous accomodations, an expensive bath, good food, and some very fine Arunian wines
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: *luxurious
  • Thurirl makes a very prudent choice.
    You spend another day (or two) spending your pay and generally living the good life and surveying the job market.
  • Vari quite happy with the cow he got, licking Mala in thanks over and over
  • Seiankornai doesn’t spend all of his coin, though; he sends some of it back to his home for his hoard
    On the evening of Cadulemet 29, you all appear at the same time for dinner and discussion. After everyone has his say, it comes down to two choices; you can escort a scholar downriver all the way to Talill and back, for which the Riddlemasters will pay 100s each plus travel expenses. Alternately, you can hire on as trader’s guards which will pay 60s each plus a per-head bounty on river bandits and the like.
  • Jessaila votes to escort the scholar.
  • Malaina votes to escort as well
  • Isabis wants to escort the scholar, naturally.
    Grok whispers: does the research indicate where river monsters are more likely to come from given the directions we will be traveling?
    You whisper to Grok: You have learned that Talill is the biggest city in “river monster country” – which is to say, the Gron Ver. The other job would take you through that area once. The escort job will take you to the center, give you a week to do something else, and bring you back through again.
  • Grok indicates preference for escort job as well
    The escort job calls for you to wait a week in Talill while the scholar does his thing, then bring him back. The trade guild job will end at Tahr Muan on Moru’s Mirror, and does not provide for getting south again.
  • Seiankornai would like a chance to fight bandits, but seems everyone else is going for the silly academic, so he will as well
  • Thurirl is rather tired of being ambushed (or rather tired of watching the others get ambushed), so he votes for the scholar.
    Consensus having been reached, you inform the school of your interest in escorting the scholar. You are told to meet him at the front gate on the morning of the 33rd.
  • Seiankornai uses the intervening 3 or 4 days for more partying, and sending messages to family and friends back home
  • Jessaila is there bright and early.
    Isabis: ((three more days of downtime. Multiply your coin in hand by your prudence savings value, waste the wastage and add the result to your stake.))
    Isabis: ((you can make purchases from the stake while you are in town. They have most things that aren’t too terribly exotic.))
  • Grok purchases supplies that will help him attract sea and river creatures
    Malaina: ((Only thing I ever really wanted was the katana, already got that, so unless I can get better armor for myself or Vari, nothing to really buy))
    Seiankornai: (save up for something that catches your eye then; could go for some really nice upgraded armor))
    Malaina: ((Yea, I would love that for Mala and Vari))
  • Jessaila forgot to give Vari her gift – a sort of bracelet sized for a dragon’s claw.
  • Vari does a drakish purr as he looks it over and actually nuzzles Jess in thanks, speaking in his broken Melios
  • Thurirl is unsure if he should make any new purchases. He has neglected the speciality arrows in his quiver. A matter he will rectify soon.
    Isabis: ((gain your per-adventure reputation of 7+legend))
  • Grok looks for work to do in downtime
    Thurirl: ((wait, what?))
    Malaina: ((eh?))
    Seiankornai: ((eahc class has a legend score, similar to things like BAB and saves))
    Isabis: ((when you have finished with your downtime purchases, take your panache income as cash-in-hand))
    Seiankornai: ((Malaina’s is +8, Thurirl’s is +5))
    Grok: ((have we gained any rep besides this recently?
    Seiankornai: ((so Malaina gets 15 reputation, and Thurirl gets 12))
    ((If you have further questions about bookkeeping, ask in IRC please))
    You whisper to Grok: You got 2 rep for story telling, I believe))
    Grok whispers: Yep, remembered that. just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss any when I had to leave early
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((what is the estimated time to travel with the scholar downriver (so that I can plan rations purchases))
    You meet the scholar, one Leogeon Mistlet, a half-elf
    Isabis: ((The scholar is paying for rations on this trip.))
    Isabis: ((…and on other trips, we’re mostly rolling it into prudence losses))
    Together you hike back over the pass to Caskanath yet again, where the scholar finds the boat the school hired for him.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((ok, but I still need to know how much coffee to buy ))
    You board the boat and set out downriver yet again. The first day is, frankly, boring.
  • Thurirl doesn’t mind boring. He just practices looking like he’s part of the boat and meditating on things.
    The captain tells you the trip should take a week (that is, nine days) downstream, and 12 days upstream.
  • Vari flew with Mala most of the time
  • Seiankornai also flies most of the time, keeping an eye out
  • Grok is often pouring or throwing stuff into the water
  • Jessaila spends a bit of time talking with the scholar.
    The captain is upset with Grok’s attempts to attract river monsters at first, then realizes that he is in fact attracting large fish. He stops complaining and gets his crewmen to fish near Grok’s monster-bait, and you all benefit by the bountiful fresh fish dinners.
  • Vari doesn’t mind fish, it’s not red meat, but it’s good either way
    Isabis: (you gain a temporary +1 to fort for this leg of the trip)
  • Seiankornai is fine with fish, they slide dwon real nicely
    Grok: ((not exactly the result Grok was looking for))
    Malaina: ((But if they are alive, they wiggle!))
    The second day sees you among the Runewaters, a twistier section of the river. On day three, you run aground on a sandbar. The captain mutters curses and complains of this stretch of river never staying put.
    Isabis: notice checks please
  • Thurirl is shocked that the ogre actually managed to use his brain for once.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » Notice
    Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » Notice
    You whisper to Grok: You are given to understand that the monster-hunting is much better north of Faer Padris
    Jessaila: ((Oh heavens.))
    Jessaila: ((Think we see whatever it is. ))
    Grok: notice « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 »
    Seiankornai: Notice « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 »
  • Seiankornai is daydreaming
    Grok: ((o, it’s Thuril! He is on this trip!))
    Thurirl: « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » Notice
  • Seiankornai is sharing his daydream with Thurirl
    Those on the right side of the boat (where they roll over 20) can see that the ground on the riverbank has been considerably stirred up. It looks normal to casual inspection, but on second glance, something seems wrong.
  • Grok starts rubbing his massive hands together
  • Malaina has Vari fly low enough to speak, “Something doesn’t look right from up here!”
    …you also notice the captain getting ready to get out on that same river bank….
    Malaina: “You should stay in the boat!”
    Jessaila: “Wait!”
  • Grok throws in some monster bait
  • Captain looks at the Sunchasers
    Jessaila: “Stay in the boat!”
  • Jessaila draws her rapier.
    Seiankornai: “Huh, something happening?”
    Captain: “What? We gotta get off this sand, don’t we?”
  • Malaina unhooks one of her Chakrams
  • Thurirl perks up and draws his bow.
    Jessaila: “Captain, look at how the bank’s been torn up. It’s unnatural.”
    Malaina: “She’s right!! Stay in the boat until we figure out what’s wrong!”
  • Grok puts his cannon down gently on the boat floor
  • Captain looks at the bank and scratches his head.
  • Malaina has Vari fly higher to get Seian’s attention
    Seiankornai: “Eh, I’ll check it out.”
  • Grok adds his shot and cannonballs too.
  • Seiankornai gets up and leaps into the air, landing at the torn up bank
    Jessaila: “You can laugh at us later if we’re wrong, Captain.”
    Captain: (w) “Hey, you, Cannon-guy. Throw some of your monster bait over there so your friends can see there’s nothing but dirt, will you?”
  • Grok does so
  • Vari stays in the air
    click-SNAP! A hunter’s jaw-trap springs closed on the hunk of meat when it lands.
  • Grok looks highly disappointed
  • Seiankornai pokes at the trap
  • Malaina winces, knowing that would have hurt if the captain had stepped onto the sand
    Grok: W Grok sighs. “another bloody ambush.”
    « 1d20 = 10 » vs 5 to resis
  • Seiankornai searches around for anything else interesting « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 »
  • Ambush ? « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » tactics vs notice
    Ambush: (roll notice)
    Malaina: ((All of us?))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » Notice
    Seiankornai: (notice « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 » )
    Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » Notice
  • Seiankornai is being the distracted Drake today
    Ambush: ((sure…well, never mind, Jessaila sees them for sure))
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » Notice
    Thurirl: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Notice
    Yeah, it’s another ambush – not a particularly good one. You can actually see the little runts in the trees. It looks like a hunting party of plains goblins.
    Thurirl: “Ah. Target practice.”
  • Thurirl draws an arrow.
    Jessaila: “Goblins, in the trees!”
    Ambush: (…and with that, I suddenly realize that I forgot to load the map for this ))
  • Grok looks bored at such easy foes.
  • Vari can’t wait to roast them, because a goblin is a goblin no matter where it lives
  • Seiankornai speaks to them in their tongue, “Hello, little meals.”
  • Malaina also speaks in their language “Prepare to die…”
    Ambush: ((OK, there we go. Everyone sees teh boat, the river, the trees, and an outline of the disturbed area?)
    Jessaila: ((Yes’m.))
    Malaina: ((Yes))
    Ambush: init
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 24
    Jessaila: ((We have tokens here?))
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » init
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » Initiative.
    Jessaila: ((Ah, thanks.))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 »
    Seiankornai: ((the map was set to night but we had no light source))
    Ambush: init « 1d20+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 »
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
    Ambush: Isabis init « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 »
    Jamshid!
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur draws a javelin, runs and jumps over the side of the boat toward the goblins
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur throws his javelin at Goblin 1 21 (for 12 damage, orc, massive, bleed)
  • Seiankornai notes there’s a couple larger goblins, still edible bite sizes to him though
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur draws another javelin
    BigGoblin: “Idiots! They saw you!”
    Moving through the disturbed ground at more than half speed requires a dex check vs 18 to avoid the buried traps
  • Arxhar attacks goblin 2 with his longbow (7 for 1 damage) and follows it up with scorching rays ( 19 for 4 fire, ap5, 35 for 3 fire, ap5, 29 for 3 fire, ap5)
    Arxhar: ((done))
  • Ambusher 1 saves for « 1d20+2 = 13 + 2 = 15 » vs 16
  • Ambusher 2 saves for « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » vs 15
    Jamshid kills his goblin, Axhar misses with his longbow, and therefore his target survives, albeit considerably wounded.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila moves to disembark from the boat.
  • Jessaila also casts Polar Ray I at the nearest goblin.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » Spellcasting
    Ambusher: (so, number 17 then?)
    Grok: yep
    Jessaila: ((Yes.))
    Jessaila fails her spellcasting check
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai takes a step towards the two goblins in the trees, licking his lip before going into a hunting mindset (Rage) trying to catch both of them (using a Contempt)
    Bite« 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » for « 1d10+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » damage
    Bite« 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » for « 1d10+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » damage
  • Ambusher 8 saves for « 1d20+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
  • Ambusher 5 saves for « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 » vs 18
    Seiankornai: ((awww))
  • Seiankornai grabs one and bites hard, letting the body fall for later (the others want to loot the silly things), then nips at the second but misses
    Seian succeeds in biting the first goblin in half in what is becoming a trademark move; the other, however, manages to slip out of his grip at the last second
    Grok has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((done))
  • Grok throws 2 Javelins at big boss goblin 9
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » damage
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 » to hit for « 1d10+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » damage
    Grok: -4 for range to each of those, so a 12 and an 18
    Ambusher: a miss and a hit
    Grok: ((done))
  • Ambusher 9 saves for « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » vs 18
  • Ambusher 9 is unconscious, not to mention pinned to the tree behind him like a bug
  • Ambusher 17 shoots a barbed arrow at Jessaila hitting « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 2 shoots a barbed arrow at Jessaila hitting « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 3 shoots a barbed arrow at Vari hitting « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 4 shoots a barbed arrow at Vari hitting « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 2 » (bleed)
    Jessaila: ((Both hit.))
  • Ambusher 12 shoots a barbed arrow at Jamshid hitting « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 13 shoots a barbed arrow at Seiankornai hitting « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 7 shoots a barbed arrow at Thurirl hitting « 1d20+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 11 shoots a barbed arrow at Seian hitting « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 4 » (bleed)
  • Ambusher 6 shoots a barbed arrow at Seian hitting « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 5 » (bleed)
    Malaina: ((So Vari only takes….2 points of damage….I need to get him better armor))
  • Ambusher 5 shoots a barbed arrow at Seian hitting « 1d20+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
    Jessaila: ((These guys are rolling high for their attacks.))
    Thurirl: ((bounces off my armor))
    Ambusher: ((yeah, that can’t last long ))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl makes a point to thank whatever god may or may not be looking out for him.
    Ambusher: ((oh, wait, they still have a move left))
  • Grok is offended no one tried to shoot him
  • Thurirl then makes a point to return the point… literally.
    Thurirl: ((aiming for the still-conscious leader…))
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for « 1d6 = 1 » damage, AP 4.
    Unresolved value “who”.
  • Ambusher 10 shoots a barbed arrow at Jamshid hitting « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 » for possible damage « 1d6 = 6 » (bleed)
    Ambusher: ((now Thurirl))
    Thurirl: ((darn it))
    Seiankornai: ((fortunatley you can try again))
    Thurirl: ((can I just shoot two arrows and be done? no reason to get off the boat))
    Ambusher: ((sure))
    Seiankornai: ((yep))
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage, AP 4.
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage, AP 4.
    Ambusher: ((who you shooting at again?))
    Thurirl: ((Goblin 10))
    Ambusher: ((OK, so you can attack twice. the 12 and teh 15 both miss))
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Grok: Ok, i have to go to bed. Night all, Grok will continue to target leaders
    Grok is disconnected.
    Ambusher: ((also, it’s almost nine, so the rest of us will be stopping at the end of the round (after Malaina and Isabis have gone)
  • Vari lands in front of the group and bites at Goblin 2
    Vari: « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » Bite Attack
    Ambusher: hit
    Vari: « 1d10+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » Bite Damage
  • Ambusher 2 saves for « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » vs 17
    Vari kills a goblin.
    Ambusher: (that should make his week ))
  • Malaina quickly jumps down, unsheathing her katana to attack goblin 17
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » Katana; Cavalry, Keen 4, Grip, Bleed
    Ambusher: hit
  • Vari is munching on goblin body
    Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Katana Damage
    Malaina: ((Do I get another attack with my katana?))
  • Ambusher 17 saves for « 1d20+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 » vs 13
    Malaina: ((Nvm then))
    Ambusher: ((no; you spent a move to dismount I think))
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »
    Seiankornai: ((technically dismounting was one of your actions))
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 »
  • Isabis hits Goblin 7 once, doing « 1d6 = 3 » damage
  • Ambusher 17 saves for « 1d20+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 » vs 11
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    We’ll start here next week with Jamshid’s turn
    Malaina: okie dokie!
    Malaina: Yay, me and Vari got a kill in!
    Ambusher: One each, yes.
    Jessaila: Congrats
    Malaina: And thank you for the bracelet for Vari!
    Arxhar: ok
    Jessaila: Welcome
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 27

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 26

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk