Log 28

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 27 or Supplement 27

After a long trip – and hearing Grok and Seian plotting the re-capture of the river king has been enough to make it seem like a very long trip – you have arrived in port at Talill, the island city of the Gronver. You don’t quite understand why the college thought the scholar needed a Sunchaser escort for a boat ride, really.
Seiankornai: ((well, there were the goblins and hte river king to deal with))
In any case, your job is half done. Now you have a week to yourselves while he hangs out and begs the local scholars to let him see some particularly precious old document, and then you’ll pick him back up for the return trip.

  • Thurirl seems a touch more nervous than usual. Which, to most people, isn’t noticeable.
    In the meantime there’s a market just across the street, and…and a farmer waving energetically at you. Someone wants to give you something to do.
  • Malaina stays by Thurirl anyway, having a feeling he will need some kind of support
    Typicall, really.
    Farmer: “Sunchasers! Hey, you! Hey, you wanna earn some silver? I need pickers for the swamp potatoes, and tomorrow’s the day.”
    Swamp potatoes are not very much like potatoes, except for tecnhically being root vegetables. They are the size of melons and the shape of pears, and have the tough shell and internal fluid reservoir of coconuts.
    They also have a thick, fibrous outer layer that is great for making filters, including a sort of dust mask favored by ruin delvers.
  • Thurirl considers taking the job… he needs a distraction.
    Jessaila: “Swamp potatoes, huh?”
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, do you wish to pick swamp potatos for silver and glory? Well, ok, not glory so much, but ogres will look better in people’s eyes.”
    Isabis: “Can I have part of my pay in a delver’s mask? Or does your farm not have a mask fitter?”
    Seiankornai: “Delver’s mask?”
    Farmer: “Oh, yes ma’am, we can fit you for a potata-filter, simple or live. My gran is an expert, yes indeed.”
    Thurirl: “The potatoes are good for making breathing masks, good for ruin delving.”
    Grok: W “Swamp potatoes fight back?”
    Isabis: “The live masks even keep some of the root system intact, and can purify water of many poisons, like they do for the plants themselves.”
    Seiankornai: W “No, they’re just potatos.”
    Isabis: “Well, they’re floating root-fruiting vegetables.”
    Seiankornai: W “A food plan thing, I’m not sure, I see no need for them.”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Certainly my goodman, we can select your roots for you”
    Malaina: “Hmmm, doing some farm work sounds like something to do besides battling.”
    Grok: W “Are they guarded by a mighty beast?”
  • Farmer grins at Seiankornai and says “Siiiiiiiiilver. Shiny, shiny silver.”
  • Malaina archs an eyebrow at the farmer
    Malaina: “Why are you talking to him like he is an idiot?”
    Isabis: “Grok sounds doubtful…tell him it’s a contest of athletics.”
  • Seiankornai lifts his nose up high, “While the silver is tempting, I don’t think I shall. Rooting around for plants for food isn’t very becoming of a drake, much less a drake of noble blood.”
    Farmer: “I ain’t! I’m just pointing out he don’t have to eat his profit.”
    Seiankornai: “MY companions however, will probably lend their services.”
    Isabis: “What’s the matter, Seian, afraid of a little water?”
    Seiankornai: “Not at all, I just think there’s better uses of my time.”
    Thurirl: “I have no reason to turn aside the work. And it should prove a welcome change from constant battle.”
  • Vari will do whatever Mala is doing
    Farmer: “I expect we’ll pick the fields clear in two-three days, so we won’t keep you long.”
  • Jessaila indicates her willingness to work as well.
    Farmer: “Come to wharf 14 tomorrow, an’ we’ll ferry you out to the field.”
  • Grok declines as well, since there isn’t anything to fight
    It is mid afternoon, and the picking will take until mid-afternoon at least two days from now; people not picking have 48 hours downtime.
    Seiankornai: ((Seian needs to be arrogant some of the time, otherwise he’d be neither a proper drake nor a proper noble :P ;) ))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur will join in the root-picking
    Those who are picking discover that the “fields” are in fact masses of floating water plants; harvesting them is more of a challenge than outsiders usually expect.
  • Malaina doesn’t mind any manual labor and getting dirty or wet
  • Thurirl dresses down appropriately and seems to even enjoy the work somewhat.
    Dragonhawk: You will need to make the follow skill checks:
    Acrobatics for how well you move across the floating plants and platforms
    swim, which you’ll be doing a lot of; if your acrobatics exceeds 18, take +2 to the swim since you are doing less of it.
    Resolve for how long you hold can keep going each day
  • Jessaila has done this work before and similarly doesn’t find it too objectionable.
    Isabis: Acrobatics: « 1d20+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 »
    Isabis: Swim (athletics): « 1d20+6+2 = 13 + 6 + 2 = 21 », Resolve « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur nimbly avoids falling in the water 23
    Thurirl: Acrobatics 1d20+11
    Thurirl: (oops)
    Thurirl: Acrobatics « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur swims for the remaining roots 12
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 » Acrobatics; « 1d20+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 » Swim-athetics; « 1d20+0 = 18 + 0 = 18 » Resolve
    Seiankornai: ((I shall use the Foster Good Will downtime check, using acrobatics for an aerial stunt show))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: After flailing about in the water for a while, Jamshid asks Arxhar to give him a Fly spell for the remainder of the excercise
    Seiankornai: ((acrobatics « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 »))
    Add your results, and a +5 bonus for a study in teh Gronver if you have it, and any natural 20s you rolled
  • Arxhar does so for Jamshid and for himself
    Jessaila: ((45 for me.))
  • Isabis totals her pickings « 22+21+16+5 = 22 + 21 + 16 + 5 = 64 »
    Seiankornai: ((ah, checking seems the Foster Good Will wouldn’t do anything on a short downtime of a day, so I’ll apply that to the Earn Income instead))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur stays focused while flying around picking floating plants (19)
    Thurirl: Swin (athletics): « 1d20+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 », Resolve « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 »
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((56 for Jamshid, plus any bonus for flying))
  • Grok looks for any heavy lifting that needs to be done
    Thurirl: ((60 for Thurirl, apparently, unless Study: Vessa gives additional bonus))
    Isabis: ((sure, you can h ave another +2 for flying instead of swimming))
    Isabis: ((thurirl, the language does not; the homeland study does))
    Thurirl: ((didn’t think so… not sure if he’d have it or not))
    Thurirl: ((I need to pick a day and nail down my studies for him))
    Isabis: ((Vessa grow these too, although they call them something less rediculous than “swamp potatoes” – that’s a human misnomer ))
  • Jessaila spends a dismaying amount of her time in the water, but continues on through plucky elvish persistence.
    Your pickings are measured by the “fruit-boat,” which is both a standard measure and the name of a sort of melon crate with a keel.
    Divide your total by 4, as you are paid a liver per 4 boats. If you exceeded 50, gain 1 rep in addition – you picked more than the locals!
  • Thurirl takes to the work swimmingly, doing his best to harvest the crop at a quick yet steady pace.
    Isabis: ((er, paid a Silver. You can buy liver if you want, but the farmer does not hand it out ))
    Thurirl: « 60/4 = 60 / 4 = 15 »
    Jessaila: ((11 for me.))
  • Seiankornai performs above the inn/tavern they’re staying at, drawing a decent crowd, who make use of the tavern while they watch. The innkeeper is happy enough to improve Seain’s accomodations in the barn.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: 14.5 here
  • Isabis is paid « 64/4 = 64 / 4 = 16 » silver and 1 rep – the farmer can’t believe “a little bookworm like that” managed to pick so much fruit.
    Seiankornai: ((I figure this place is a bit too far away to have drakes as frequent patrons, so they probably don’t have drake specific rooms))
  • Thurirl pockets a little less than Isabis, only 15 silver, but picks up 1 rep for being such a hard worker.
    Malaina: ((Sorry, running back and forth))
    Seiankornai: ((so I’m probably staying in the same place they’d keep wyverns))
  • Jessaila thinks she’d have done better if she’d retained her balance more.
    Farmer
    Farmer: ((gah, command typo))
  • Farmer offers his workers “potata filters” at half the market rate; 4s for “dry” filters (think dust mask) and 10s for “live” filters (which can clean water and even help reduce the effects of poisonous gasses and bad air)
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur haggles for a lower price 12
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur uses an action die 4
  • Thurirl considers both options…
  • Farmer dickers with Jamshid « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 »
    Farmer: “Come on, sand-stomper, I’m already givin’ y’all a deal!”
    Farmer: ((farmers get Haggle III for a signature skill))
  • FarmerGran tells Thurirl everything there is to know about “potata filters” in a quavering voice
  • Jessaila asks what sort of care and maintenance is required for a “live” filter.
  • Thurirl does his best to tolerate the farmer, despite his insistence on calling them “potatoes”.
    FarmerGran: “Dry filters are just a buncha fibers in a conveniently face-shaped mass. They protect you from breathing dust, or you kin use ’em for makin tea an such, hehe.”
    FarmerGran: “They wask clean real good, so’s you kin use ‘em near forever if you don’t break em. Real brittle, though.”
    FarmerGran: “Live filter, now, that’s a plant you wear on your face. Gotta keep a few leaves stickin’ down so’s it stays alive, see? Gotta water ‘em regular, too. Keep ’em in a bigger shell, an’ keep some water in it sos it don’t dry out.”
    Jessaila: “How regularly?”
    FarmerGran: “I just keep mine in there whenever I ain’t wearin’ it. It’s a water plant, it ain’t gonna rot or nothin. Keepin’ shell’s included with a live filter.”
    Malaina: ((sighs and flops back in))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur hands over 10 silver for a live filter
  • Jessaila goes ahead and spends ten of the eleven silver she made on a live filter.
    FarmerGran: “I give mine a little leftover soup now ‘n again, for feedin on, but old man Fluer never puts in nothin’ but water, an’ he says his is near to being 10 years old now.”
    Isabis: “…maybe just a little plant food when I’m around the botany department.”
  • Isabis returns 10 silver and picks out a head-sized “potato” to cut her mask from
  • Isabis confides to the others, “My friends at the college will be so jealous – the librarian uses one of these in the old stacks, but everyone else ends up coughing for days whenever they have to go back there.”
  • Thurirl returns 10 silver as well, since he may have need to breathe in less-than-ideal conditions.
  • Jessaila upon hearing this decides to go buy another mask, so she can resell it for 20s when they get back.
    Isabis: ((oh, that’s a good idea actually. These are valuable down south.))
    Jessaila: ((This is called capitalism, baby!))
    The farmer’s grandmother fits you all for masks, and sets about sewing up the edges with a sort of waterproof canvas they make from a waxy reed fiber. You’ve been in town three days, and your purchases will be delivered in another two.
    Day four sees the pickers resting up after their feat of mercantile athleticism and bragging with tavern-goers about how much they picked.
  • Seiankornai has been having fun flying around and showing off to the people in the meantime
  • Malaina has been out in the city/town most of those days
    On day five, a disgruntled youth seeks you out, asking if you are “Those Sunchasers what picked a gamillion boats o’ swamptatas.”
  • Leon whines at the you, the bartender, the room in general… “My gran says find ‘em, she wants t’ ask ‘em a favor. Won’t leave me alone ‘less I finds those sunchasers what picked all the swamptatas. Why can’t she jest let me git the darn thing myself, eh? Why can’t the darn sunchasers stay put 5 minutes to a stretch? Where are they?”
    Jessaila: “We’ve been sitting here for two hours.”
  • Thurirl steps up behind Leon without a sound. “Here is one.”
  • Malaina looks a bit saddened by something, but isn’t talking
  • Leon jump out of his shoes, not /quite/ literally.
  • Thurirl looks amused, for a lizard.
    Leon: “Well, do you wanna come see what m’ gran wants? She’s all determined to git a favor from the sunchasers, ‘cause gramps was a sunchaser an’ she can’t let a flock o’ sunchasers leave town without gittin’ a favor from ’em an…stuff.”
    Thurirl is disconnected.
    Unknown command: “em clams up on the end of what sounds like a well-worn complaint”. Try /help for a list of commands.
  • Leon clams up on the end of what sounds like a well-worn complaint
  • Jessaila mutters quietly to herself. “We don’t do parties.”
  • Leon mutters “Probly jus’ Missus Fluffykins runnin’ around in the Bolanut trees again.”
    Thurirl has connected.
    Leon: “She says to tell you she’ll give you somethin’ good. So there, I told you. Don’t hold me to nuthin’ if she tries to give you gramps’ old boots or something.”
  • Jessaila stands up and puts her cloak on, hood up like is expected of a mysterious sunchaser.
  • Isabis smothers laughter in a fake coughing fit
    Isabis: “I suppose it can’t hurt to go say hello to the woman. It’s not like I’m busy.”
  • Thurirl nods in acknowledgement and joins the others in visiting the old woman.
  • Seiankornai pokes his head in the door, intent on getting a keg of ale for himelf when he notices that you’re talking to someone. “Oh, who is this?”
    Leon leads you to a dock, then ferries you over to a smaller island, much overgrown with bolanut trees. Bolanut forests are famous for having three levels; the canopy above, the swamp below, and a layer of interlocking branches forming a veritable highway across the middle elevations.
    There is a house near the edge of the woods, and on the porch is a little old woman holding a long spear with a fish on it and shouting at….a tree?
    Leon: “Gran! The sunchasers come to say hello.”
  • Thurirl looks around in earnest interest at the forest… then gives a look at the woman and her “guest”.
    Gran: “Oh! Oh good! It’s always so nice to meet sunchasers – such nice folk – my Louis was a sunchaser in his day. Oh! But we’ll have to visit later. Missus Fluffykins is all taken in a fit an’ run up a tree, an’ it’s gettin’ dark in the woods! Please, help me get her down?”
  • Malaina looks up
    Seiankornai: “…Fluffykins?”
    MissusFluffykins: “HiSSSSS!”
    Seiankornai: ((swamp tiger or something? :P ))
    Sure enough, there’s a large and angry looking housecat in a tree.
    Jessaila: “All right.”
  • Grok pulls out his cannon, and starts to aim at the branch the cat is on.
    …you’re pretty sure it’s not more than half leopoard.
    Malaina: “Someone stop him, now!”
    Seiankornai: W “GRok, no.”
  • MissusFluffykins hisses at the ogre, and scampers along a branch
  • Jessaila starts up the tree.
    Grok: “Why not? Cats land on feet. Ogre proverb.”
    Seiankornai: W “You might hit the cat. And if you hit the cat, she’ll tell all the passing sunchasers about it, and they’ll tell everyone else about it and then everyone will know that ogres with cannons are bad.”
    Grok: W “Good idea.”
    Seiankornai: W “And they’ll never be able to get glory again.”
    MissusFluffykins: ((brb))
  • Grok puts cannon away and then pulls out his ax.
    Jessaila: !1d20+11] Acrobatics for climbing the tree.
  • Seiankornai holds his head in his claws
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » Acrobatics
  • Thurirl pinches the bridge of his snout and shakes his head at the ogre. “Subtlety,” he mutters, “he has none.”
    Grok: W “Jessaila land on feet too?”
    Seiankornai: W “No, elves land on their posteriors. It usually breaks them.”
    Thurirl: “Would someone please discourage the ogre from ‘helping’? I fear our client may suffer an irrevocable loss of faith in Sunchasers if we allow him to proceed.”
    Player “Jessails” is not connected.
    You whisper to Jessaila: what were you doing, climbing the tree?
    Seiankornai: “Oh, it’s not that bad, we just need to figure out how best he can help.”
    You whisper to Jessaila: …nm, crit failure vs. reading upwards
    Seiankornai: W “How good are you at catching things, Grok?”
  • Malaina shakes her head and sighs
    Grok: W “Get down then. Bring cat to ground with tree.”
    Grok: W “Me catch tree?”
    Jessaila gets up the tree and sees that there are large branches leading off in all directions, many of them sturdy enough to walk on.
  • Jessaila is thinking to herself “Ach, how do I end up in these situations?”
  • Thurirl considers climbing up to help her, though he doubts the feline will take kindly to his appearance…
    Jessaila: “Here kitty. Kitty kitty.”
  • MissusFluffykins hides from the big people « 1d20+11+10 = 7 + 11 + 10 = 28 »
    Seiankornai: W “I was thinking more that you follow them under the trees, and if the cat falls, you try to catch it.”
  • Thurirl decides to help and climb up the tree. Better than getting hit by falling branches, “kitties” or Sunchasers. (Athletics: « 1d20+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »)
    MissusFluffykins: ((hide/sneak/conceal check modifiers in play: dim light (0), dense scenery – thick forest (2), size (+8 to fluffykins) and movement per page 71))
  • Thurirl is firmly reminded by reality that he has not climbed a tree in a long time. Ow.
    Thurirl slides down the tree, but does himself no permanent damage…except to the ego, since people saw and heard that.
  • Seiankornai is unsure whether the trees could support his weight
  • Jessaila balances and attempts to follow the cat.
    You whisper to Seiankornai: is maybe a little too big for the midlayer, though those are some seriously supersized branches.
  • Grok goes under the tree and readies to catch the cat.
  • Malaina chuckles a bit at Thurirl, but covers her mouth
    Grok: W Can’t you fly up and grab cat?"
  • Thurirl decides to follow along on the ground anyway, trying to look like he did nothing wrong or embarrassing.
    Seiankornai: “Here, let me help you up, Thurirl.”
    MissusFluffykins: search vs 28
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » Search
    Thurirl: Looking for Kitty: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 »
    Isabis tries to climb the tree: « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 »
    Seiankornai: “Wait, JAmshid, your genie friend can just fly around without wings, right?”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “This is correct”
    MissusFluffykins: *Isabis manages to scamble up the thick trunk, but just barely.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Arxhar?”
    MissusFluffykins: ((tree climbing is vs 12, for the record))
  • Arxhar flies up and rescues the cat
    Seiankornai: ((he probably still has to find her))
    MissusFluffykins: *Isabis searches for the cat « 1d20+11 = 4 + 11 = 15 »
    MissusFluffykins: “Meow!”
  • Squirrel scolds the noisy cat
    Thurirl: ((…Squirrel?))
  • Jessaila follows the sound of the meow.
    Seiankornai: ((no, it should be “blah blah bl- SQUIRREL!”))
    Arxhar: Search 16
    Squirrel: ((this isn’t precisely a combat, so we’re not going to roll init if we can do without; instead, I’m going to declare a round and let everyone take action or pass as they see fit. When you’ve taken a round’s worth of action, hold until the next round please))
    Thurirl: ((I am not a dog =P))
    Seiankornai: ((true))
    Seiankornai: ((that’s your other character))
    You can’t see the cat while it holds still. You can however, hear a lot of noise starting up in the tree NE of where you started. Maybe it’s over there?
    ((new round))
    Thurirl: ((….you did not just go there))
  • Fluffykins hides from the big people « 1d20+11+6 = 11 + 11 + 6 = 28 »
    Fluffykins: ((the cat’s rolling well))
    Fluffykins: ((balance checks vs 10 when moving across a branch))
    Fluffykins: *Isabis balances « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » and searches « 1d20+11 = 12 + 11 = 23 »
  • Seiankornai follows along underneath, ready to catch anyone who falls
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » Acrobatics on the branches.
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, you follow Jessaila, I’ll follow Isabis.”
  • Thurirl isn’t as ready to catch others, but follows along regardless.
    Grok: W “Can I cut tree down now?”
    Fluffykins: ((the brown markings and the things that look like bridges are all branches big enough for you to traverse))
  • Grok follows Jessaila
    Malaina: ((I can’t get the map to load for me))
    Fluffykins: ((people on the ground should still move your tokens when you’re moving))
    Seiankornai: W “No, we haven’t met any Black Errons yet.”
    Malaina is disconnected.
    Malaina is disconnected.
    Seiankornai: ((It might just be taking awhile, Malaina…. oh a long while))
    Malaina has connected.
    Fluffykins: ((WB…is it loading better?))
    Arxhar: ((there it goes))
  • Arxhar continues searching
  • Squirrel throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Axhar at « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » for possible « 1d4 = 2 » subdual
    Seiankornai: ((yeah, if a map seems to be taking a long time to load, you can see it’s progress by going to menu Window→Show Transfer Window))
  • Squirrel scolds at Axhar
    Seiankornai: “The squirrels are hostile???…”
  • Squirrel feels safe in his tree, and doesn’t want anone else in it!
    Grok: W “Can I kill them yet?”
    ((new round))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » Acrobatics
    Seiankornai: “Grok wants something to kill, chase that squirrel out why don’t you.”
  • Fluffykins hides from the big people « 1d20+11+0 = 9 + 11 + 0 = 20 »
    Thurirl: “If a large creature came toward my home, I would be remiss if I did not at least try to ascertain its intentions. The squirrels simply find it more expedient to skip to defending their territory.”
  • Isabis searches
  • Isabis searches « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 »
    Jessaila: « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » Search
  • Thurirl searches: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
    Isabis: “Oh, Jessaila, I don’t think those branches connect up there.”
  • Isabis balances « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 »
    Isabis: ((now I roll high 9.9))
  • Thurirl mutters in frustration at the fruitless search.
  • Squirrels throw more nuts off to the NE, judging by the sounds
  • Jessaila looks for a place to make an awesome aerial swing across to another branch.
  • Malaina just continues to watch, finding it more entertaining to watch them chase after a large cat
    Thurirl: “I believe our tree-dwelling friends may be the key to finding this wayward feline. They seem to be directing their ire to the northeast.”
    There aren’t a lot of vines…you could make an awesome leap across the gap north of you, perhaps. It looks like water underneath anyway.
  • Arxhar flies over the water
  • Squirrels throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Axhar at « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » for possible « 1d4 = 4 » subdual
  • Jessaila decides that discretion is the better part of survival and retraces her steps.
  • Squirrels throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Grok at « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » for possible « 1d4 = 1 » subdual
  • Squirrels throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Grok at « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » for possible « 1d4 = 2 » subdual
  • Squirrels throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting (who) at « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » for possible « 1d4 = 3 » subdual
    Squirrels: ((er, hitting or missing Thurirl in that case))
  • Grok throws a rock back at squirrel
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+11 = 12 + 11 = 23 » to hit, for « 1d12+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » damage, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
    Thurirl: ((no, no, it fits =P it misses because the squirrel isn’t sure if I’m a person or a tree))
  • Squirrels 5 saves for « 1d20-2 = 4 – 2 = 2 » vs 18 (go natural 20?)
  • Squirrels scatter!
  • Grok looks for cat « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »
    Squirrels: ((everyone done for this round?))
    Jessaila: ((Yes.))
    ((new round))
  • Seiankornai just wanders around in amusement, staying near Isabis
  • Thurirl continues toward the NE, looking for the cat.
    Thurirl: Search: « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 »
  • Thurirl suddenly wishes he’d spent a little more time in forests as of late.
  • Fluffykins fights with a squirrel! Flufflykins bites and claws her prey,
    biting « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » for 3 (threat 18-20)
    and clawing « 1d3+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »
    Squirrels pelt Fluffykins with nuts, hitting « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 » « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 »
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 » Acrobatics « 1d20+8 = 10 + 8 = 18 » Search
  • Fluffykins takes « 2d4 = 2 » subdual
  • Grok now roots for the squirrel, as it might be able to stun the cat out of the tree
    LittleOldLady: “Oh no! Those horrid squirrels are hurting my Missus Fluffykins! Save her!”
    Grok: ((I have to get to bed. Good luck vs a cat.))
  • LittleOldLady waves her speared fish around
    LittleOldLady: ((goodnight))
    Malaina: ((Night))
    Grok: ((Night all))
    Grok is disconnected.
  • Thurirl looks at Grok. “You are a thoroughly unpleasant and idiotic being.”
    Arxhar: ((same here unfortunately … Arxhar will continue flying aimlessly))
    Jessaila: “It’s usually the cat that I’d expect to be harming the squirrels.”
    LittleOldLady: ((Hmm. We won’t go too much longer then. Goodnight.))
    They are unusally large and bold squirrels, you have to admit.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
  • Jessaila decides to benefit from the squirrels’ presence and get some free dinner.
  • Jessaila pulls out her boomerang.
  • Thurirl also eyes the furry little trouble-makers as potential food sources.
  • LittleOldLady scurries over and picks up the dead squirrel already on the ground, muttering something about “Dire-Squirrel Casserole”
  • Seiankornai hisses and makes a small roar at the squirrls
    Taunt action, opposed sense motive checks; « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 »
    Squirrels: sense motive « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
  • Squirrels are taunted, but Seian is not actually visible to most of them
  • Isabis balances « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 »
  • Dragonhawk throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Isabis at « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » for possible « 1d4 = 1 » subdual
    Isabis: “Ow.”
    Thurirl: ((Look out! The GM’s gone nuts! And she’s throwing them!))
    Squirrels: (( ))
    ((new round))
    Seiankornai: ((all GMs are nuts, it’s part of the job))
  • Squirrels 5 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Seian at « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » for possible « 1d4 = 2 » subdual
    Thurirl: “There seem to be a few more of our ‘friends’ in the tree with that cat. Be on your guard!”
    Jessaila: « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » Acrobatics; « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » Search; 1d20+7] Boomerang attack vs. a squirrel
    Unresolved value “who”.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » Boomerang attack versus squirrel.
    Unresolved value “which”.
  • Squirrels 6 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Vari (who looks like the roaring sort) at « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » for possible « 1d4 = 3 » subdual
  • Squirrels 9 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Vari at « 1d20+6 = 3 + 6 = 9 » for possible « 1d4 = 4 » subdual
  • Squirrels 16 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Thurirl at « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » for possible « 1d4 = 1 » subdual
  • Squirrels 7 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Thurirl at « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » for possible « 1d4 = 3 » subdual
  • Squirrels 15 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Jess at « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » for possible « 1d4 = 4 » subdual
  • Squirrels 14 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Jessaila at « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » for possible « 1d4 = 4 » subdual
  • Squirrels 17 throws a bola nut at the interloper, hitting Fluffykins at « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » for possible « 1d4 = 2 » subdual
    Jessaila: ((15 misses, 14 hits.))
  • Thurirl dodges one nut only to take the other right in the snout. Yeowch!
  • Vari blinks as a bola nut sails past his head, wondering why these snacks are throwing things at him
    Fluffykins: ((if you take subdual damage, roll your fort vs 10 + half your total subdual))
  • Fluffykins saves vs being subdued by dire squirrels: « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » vs 12
    Jessaila: « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » Fort
    Thurirl: Fort: « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » vs. « 10+1.5 = 10 + 1.5 = 11.5 »
    Jessaila: ((Did my boomerang attack go?))
    Fluffykins: ((…you would appear to be fatigued, Jessaila))
    Fluffykins: Thurirl, 13 misses
    Fluffykins: 17 hits, Jessaila, roll damage
    Jessaila: « 1d6 = 4 » Subdual
    Squirrel: ((which one is it again?))
  • Squirrel saves for « 1d20-2 = 17 – 2 = 15 » vs 12
    Jessaila: ((Didn’t specify a target, just use the closest?))
    Jessaila targets the squirrel that threw a nut at her and returns the favor.
  • Seiankornai taunts some more squirrels
    Sense Motive « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 »
    Seiankornai: ((three closest ones))
    Thurirl: ((…13 what?))
    Squirrels: sense toothy motive « 1d20+2 = 12 + 2 = 14 »
    Squirrels: ((Thurirl, nevermind, I mistook your save for an attack.))
    Seiankornai: “Come here little snacks, come here.”
  • Squirrels seem inclined to obey, for some reason.
  • Malaina continues to watch
    Squirrels: ((at least, they seem inclined to come throw things at him))
    Thurirl: ((um… he seems to be drawing them closer to Malaina and Vari… O.o;; ))
    Seiankornai: ((yes, but they have to attack him, due to the taunt))
    Squirrels: ((yeah, they only attacked Vari last time becasue they couldn’t see him around that first tree, so they attacked the drake they COULD see instead))
    Thurirl: ((ah))
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 29

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 28

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk