Log 3

Logs Index
Main Page

GU has connected.
Malaina has connected.
TGU: hello
Malaina: Hello
Thurirl has connected.
TGU: we’ll wait a few minutesfor the other two (before given them a call)
Malaina: Okie dokie
Thurirl: okay
TGU: oh, you two will probably want to put macros on your tokens here as well, like we did for SLD
Malaina: Ok, lemme work on that now

  • TGU is available to help, if needed
    Malaina: Hey TGU, how do I make it so Auto Execute isn’t checked all the time?
    TGU: I think it’ll always be checked when you make a new one; but you can uncheck it if you wish
    TGU: why do you want it unchecked, though?
    Thurirl: Don’t seem to have ownership of that token…
    Malaina: okie dokie
    TGU: Thurirl: fixed now
    Grok has connected.
    Grok: greetings, all
    Isabis: Hello
    Malaina: Hello!
    TGU: the big ogre is here!
  • Isabis hands off the ogre token to it’s proper owner
    Grok: ((so, what needs to be moved? That’s what I’m good for.))
    Isabis: heh
    Isabis: he’s also good for catching goats
    TGU: ((a lot of goblin heads need to be moved away from their bodies))
    Isabis: speaking of which, TGU is posting last week’s log
    Grok: ((bleh, goblins too easy))
    Thurirl: ((I don’t even know what to put in these macros… except maybe my spells))
    Isabis: ((make cheap trophies ))
  • Grok throws goblins off the nearest cliff))
    Isabis: I recommend macros for your common attacks
    Isabis: and probably your three saves
    Isabis: oh, and Initiative. That’s one you use a lot
    Grok: Macros. Grok no understand macros
    Malaina: Hey TGU, what are the saving throws for Vari?
    Grok: so, grok may have to do research.
    Isabis: Aren’t they listed in the obsidian portal stuff?
    Isabis: Grok: select your token, go to the “selection” window, right click, and choos “new macro”
    TGU: Here is the log for last week
    Isabis: then right-click on the macro and choos “edit”
    Isabis: Then give it a name, and in the biggest box, fill in whatever you would normally type in the chat window, complete with dice rolling code.
    Isabis: example:
    Isabis: Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 »
  • Isabis resists with all her strength « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 »
    Isabis: if you know HTML you can use html tags too…again, that’s also true of the regular chat interface
    Isabis: so macros are really just a way of keeping things you type into chat frequently, so you can re-enter them at the click of a button
    Isabis: …which is not to say it can’t get a lot more complicated, but that will get you a long way
    TGU: Mala: Vari’s saving throws are based off of the Resilience stat, though the individual saves were calculated as well; Fort +3, ref +1, Will +2
    Malaina: Thank you!
  • Malaina goes ot add to his
    Isabis: you can even add curly brackets to things you would ordinarily wnat to change one word…
  • Isabis adds « 1d4 = 3 » to the variable-text-here roll.
    Grok: Initiative: 1d20+7>>
    Isabis: if it doesn’t understand what’s between the brackets, it asks you, and when they’re curly brackets instead of square, it doesn’t show the “roll” things
    Isabis: (I think you wanted square brackets there)
    Grok: Initiative: « [1d20+7] = Invalid expression: [1d20+7]. »
    Grok: Grok too stupid for macros
    TGU: Grok, were you using ‘<’s?
    Isabis: …getting closer…
    Malaina: « 1d20+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 » Fortitude
    TGU: don’t double them up
    Grok: « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 »
    Isabis: there we go
    Thurirl: Fort Reflex: « 1d20+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
    Grok: Now how do i save the dang macros
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » Bite Attack
    Malaina: Yay, my macros work!
    TGU: ((huh, init seems to have been lost…))
    Grok: Grok figure out stupid macros later. What do we smash first?))
    Malaina: Grok Smash!
    Isabis: ((I was last, ’cause we stopped after me. Grok was…first? Second? Had a 25))
    Malaina: ((I think it was Thurirl, and then me and Vari))
  • TGU looks up the init in the log
    Isabis: Hm. We need to add “action dice” as a token property so we can use it to keep track.
    Isabis: …aaand the token on the mine map is a copy of the old, less-macros one.
    Thurirl: Yeah, just noticed that.
  • Isabis copies the new one from the token holder
    Isabis: yay for Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V
    Grok: when grok hit things?
    TGU: ((yeah; hopefully in the next design of MapTool they’ll put in centralized tokens that are referenced on the maps ))
    Grok has received initiative.
    TGU: Grok can hit things
    TGU: ((he’s already thrown two javelins, killing two goblins))
    Isabis: ((Grok skewered two goblins to death already, give everyone else a turn! …all right, there’s plenty to go around, have at it))
  • Grok throws his last javelin at Goblin 1, and then adopts his open stance « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 »
    Grok: ((if it hits, it does « 1d10+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 »))
    TGU: ((that is a hit, yes))
    Grok: ((Grok done))
    TGU: « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » damage save vs DC 18
    Amazing, the goblins ducks just in time to only get a severe slice on his arm
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: ((stupid gobbo, come over here and duck!))
    Thurirl: ((may I assume they are in range of all my spells?))
    TGU: ((pretty much))
    TGU: ((I don’t think you have any touch spells you’d want to cast on them))
    Thurirl: ((Polar Ray?))
    TGU: ((sure))
    Isabis: (( ranged touch is different >: ) ))
    Thurirl: ((I wanna reach out and touch someone…))
  • Thurirl picks a target and begins to conjure again…
    Thurirl: “Perhaps a bit of cool air to deal with this repressive heat…”
  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 4 »
    TGU: ((against goblin 5, I presume?))
    Thurirl: ((yep))
    TGU: « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » damage save vs DC 12
    The goblins shrugs off the attack, though his skin looks a bit frostbitten
  • Thurirl keeps his distance, disappointed in the failed attack.
    Thurirl: ((done))
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Malaina unclips her second chakram and takes aim at Goblin 5
    Grok: ((just out of curiousity, who goes right before me?))
    Malaina: « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » Chakram
    The goblin dodges the attack
  • Malaina flies closer to the goblins he is above and lets loose a fire attack at them
    TGU: ((Vari?))
    Vari: ((Sorry, wrong icon))
  • Vari flies closer to the goblins he is above and lets loose a fire attack on them
    Vari: « 1d20+1 = 15 + 1 = 16 » Fire Breath
    Vari: ((Is that a hit?))
    TGU: ((yes hit))
    Vari: « 1d6 = 1 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
    TGU: ((vs goblin 5 and 17 or 16 and 9?))
    Vari: ((Yea, not that it makes a difference))
    TGU: ((so 5 and 17))
    Vari: ((Yes))
    TGU: goblin 5 « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » damage save vs DC 12, and goblin 17 « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » vs DC 11
    The closer goblin manages to barely jump out of the way of Vari’s fireblast in time, leaving the one behind wide eyed in surprise as he takes a gout of flame to the face.
    The goblins screech at each other a bit as they advance for the attack. ((Those who understand goblin would hear “This is a fiesty one, he’ll be good eating if we can down him. His friends as well.”))
    They strike out with their long reaching glaives, two against Vari, and one against the magic user, Thurirl
    Thurirl: ((Not a pincushion!! D=))
    TGU: « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 » vs Vari
    « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » vs Vari
    « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 » vs Thurirl
    TGU: ((two hit Vari I think))
    TGU: ((for « 1d8 = 7 » and « 1d8 = 7 »))
    Malaina: ((I still don’t know wha this defense is))
    TGU: ((minus 3 to each of those due to DR))
    TGU: ((it should be 11))
    The goblin attack Thurirl has enough time to try again
    TGU: « 1d20+5 = 10 + 5 = 15 » vs Thurirl
    He still misses
  • Thurirl sees he has someone new to educate.
    The other goblins move up, three going for Grok, and another going for Thurirl again
    TGU: « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs Grok
    « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 » vs Grok
    « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » vs Thurirl
    The all miss dismally
  • Grok Grok intiates a free action grapple against one of the ones who attacked him
    TGU: ((go ahead))
    TGU: ((which one are you grappling?))
    Grok: ((grapple check « 1d20+19 = 1 + 19 = 20 » Number 4
  • Thurirl sees there are lots of eager pupils for him to teach.
    (spends an action die) The nimbler goblins dodge out of the way of his grasping arms, then yank him off balance. Grok is now sprawled
    Grok: ((stupid small folks.))
    the goblin archers try to get out of the entangling plant growth that Thurirl caused
    TGU: « 1d20+2 = 8 + 2 = 10 » ref vs DC 15
    « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » ref vs DC 15
    « 1d20+2 = 19 + 2 = 21 » ref vs DC 15
    « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 » ref vs DC 15
    Two of them manage to get free
    The two already freed ones take shots at you all
    TGU: « 1d20+ 10+2 = 9 + 10 + 2 = 21 » for « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » vs Mala
    « 1d20+ 10+2 = 9 + 10 + 2 = 21 » for « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » vs Vari
    Grok: gobbos good shots
    They hit both, but Mala’s tough hide prevents the arrow from doing any serious damage, and Vari takes only a little
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Isabis: ((OK, does anyone recall what Jamshid was using for a weapon?))
    Malaina: ((It doesn’t say on OP, no equipment or anything))
    Isabis: ((used a Javelin in round 1…))
    Grok: no idea…
    TGU: ((ok, found it in the log, at least for javelins))
  • Jamshid attacks with a javelin, hitting « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 » for possible damage « 1d8+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » to goblin 23
  • Jamshid activates that crit
  • Jamshid has 2 action dice remaining
    The javelin goes straight through the goblins heart
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
    TGU: ((misss))
  • Jamshid pulls her arrow out of the door frame, muttering, and tries again
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
  • Jamshid is done 9.9
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok shakes his head, stands up, grabs a big rock from his equipment, and throws it at goblin 2 « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » for « 1d12+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage
    TGU: ((hit))
    goblin 2: damage save « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » vs DC 16
  • Grok roars in Woanish
    The goblin is hit on the head and knocked unconcious, probably with a bad concussion
    Grok: ((to those that understand, he is saying “I will rock you!”))
    Grok: ((DONE))
    Isabis: ((boo, hiss ))
    TGU: ((hehe, that would be Jamshid at the moment))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Malaina: ((Bandit?))
    TGU: ((he’s typing))
    Malaina: ((kk))
  • Thurirl slaps at the enemy with his tail before lashing out with his shortsword.
    « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » for « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 »
    « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » for « 1d8+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »
    goblin 3: damage save « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » vs DC 14
    goblin 5: damage save « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » vs DC 15
    Thurirl idly slaps the goblin behind him, while slicing a nice bright red gouge in the neck of the goblin in front of him
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid decides Grok can handle himself and goes to attack goblin , hitting « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 1d8+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » lethal
    goblin 5: damage save « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » vs DC 18
    And Jamshid finishes off the goblin as it was recovering from Thurirl’s slap
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Thurirl gives a nod of thanks.
  • Vari breaths fire at any goblin that is close by
    Vari: « 1d20+1 = 18 + 1 = 19 » Fire Breath
    Vari: « 1d6 = 1 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
  • Vari takes the air to put some distance between himself and the goblins
    goblin 9: Ref save « 1d20+2 = 7 + 2 = 9 »
    goblin 9: damage save « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » vs DC 10
    Vari fries another tasty goblin. He’ll have some good eating later.
  • Malaina unhooks her Halberd and takes a swing
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » Halberd
    TGU: ((that is a miss))
    The goblin attacks back at Mala, and Jamshid
  • goblin 5 attacks Mala with a glaive
    « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d8 = 6 » damage
  • goblin 5 attacks Jamshid with a glaive
    « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d8 = 2 » damage
  • goblin 16 attacks Mala with a glaive
    « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » for « 1d8 = 4 » damage
  • goblin 16 attacks Mala with a glaive
    « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » for « 1d8 = 8 » damage
    TGU: ((Mala is hit twice, for 8 damage, Jamshid is hit, but his DR negates all damage))
    The other goblisn attack Grok
    Grok: ((bring it!))
  • goblin 1 attacks Grok with a shortsword
    « 1d20+5 = 6 + 5 = 11 » for « 1d8 = 4 » damage
  • goblin 4 attacks Grok with a shortsword
    « 1d20+5 = 4 + 5 = 9 » for « 1d8 = 4 » damage
    One tries to threaten him (intimidate « 1d20+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 »)
  • Grok again attempts to grapple these slippery things « 1d20+19 = 6 + 19 = 25 »
    Grok: (Grok’s resolve « 1d20 = 12 »)
    Grok: ((Grok scared of little thing with pointy stick
    TGU: ((they easily unbalanced him earlier, he might be a bit unsettled; and takes « 1d6 = 6 » stress damage; make a will save))
    TGU: ((vs DC 13))
    Grok: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 »
    TGU: ((ok, no shaken grades for you… yet))
    TGU: ((still have 6 stress damage though))
    Grok: ((recorded))
    TGU: ((now, the grapple…)
    TGU: goblin’s athletics « 1d20+2+4 = 19 + 2 + 4 = 25 » to evade
    Grok: success, little brat
    TGU: tie breaker « 1d2 = 1 » 1 goblin wins, 2 Grok wins
    Grok: flat footed for me
    The sneaky goblin dodges out of Grok’s hand and takes this opportunity to stab him
  • goblin 1 attacks Grok with a shortsword
    « 1d20+5 = 7 + 5 = 12 » for « 1d8 = 1 » damage
    Grok: miss, and dr would prevent the damage
    The entangled goblins try to get free again
    goblin 8: Ref save « 1d20+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
    goblin 22: Ref save « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 »
    The others bring on a rain of arrows
  • goblin 11 shoots his bow in quick succession at Vari
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 12 + 10 + 2 = 24 » for « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 10 + 10 + 2 = 22 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
  • goblin 22 shoots his bow in quick succession at Mala
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 15 + 10 + 2 = 27 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 6 + 10 + 2 = 18 » for « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
    Grok: Why gobbos get a +12 to hit?
  • goblin 7 shoots his bow in quick succession at Jamshid
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 19 + 10 + 2 = 31 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 13 + 10 + 2 = 25 » for « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
  • goblin 10 shoots his bow in quick succession at Thurirl
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 19 + 10 + 2 = 31 » for « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 16 + 10 + 2 = 28 » for « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    Thurirl: ((hush! not so much chatter))
    TGU: ((they’re using the Eagle Eye bow attack trick, which let’s them substitue their Search (Wis) bonus in place of an attack; they are also in the Deadshot stance, which gives a +2 to attack and damage with ranged weapons))
  • goblin 6 shoots his bow in quick succession at Isabis
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 10 + 10 + 2 = 22 » for « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 »
    hits « 1d20+10+2 = 3 + 10 + 2 = 15 » for « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
    TGU: ((the arrows have AP 4))
    TGU: ((which I forgot last time))
    TGU: ((so you’ll need DR 5 or better to reduce their damage))
    TGU: ((and I think all those attacks hit))
    Thurirl: ((Ow!))
  • Thurirl gets more holes in his hide. How vexing.
    TGU: ((oh wait; Goblin 11 and 7 already used that trick a couple times; so they can’t anymore; their attack bonus goes down by 5, sorry))
    TGU: ((though I don’t think that changes anything))
    TGU: ((at least they won’t be able to use Eagle Eye any more this combat))
    Isabis has received initiative.
    TGU: ((goblin 6 is also flatfooted, since he was shooting at Isabis, who has cover which let he evade that last attack))
    TGU: ((oh, forgot about range increments too))
  • TGU checks things
    TGU: ((ok, only Isabis and Thurirl (by the second attack) are not hit))
    Grok: ((puny goblins with their puny arrows))
    TGU: ((ok, goblins are done now))
  • Jamshid tries to shoot back at goblin archer 6
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 »
    TGU: ((miss))
  • Jamshid decides to try someone a little closer and shoots at 16 next
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 »
    Ixhg!otkwe has connected.
    TGU: ((hit))
    TGU: ((giant bug!))
    Grok: what is that?
    Jamshid: ((Hello, fix your name and take back your character please ))
    Ixhg!otkwe: ((oops!))
    Thurirl: ((dude, please! =P parantheses if you’re OOC))
    Jamshid: ((I had “fun” guessing his equipment, but really…))
    Grok: ((sorry))
    TGU: ((eh, no one can understand him ))
    Jamshid: ((using /im command for now, just remember that if you try to whisper anything))
    Jamshid: « 1d6 = 5 » arrow damage
    TGU: ((k))
    goblin 16: damage save « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » vs DC 12
    The goblin only takes a little damage
    Jamshid: ((also, Daunting Shot = now 16 has -2 to hit me ))
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok takes out two rocks and smashes both goblin 1 and goblin 4
    Grok: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » for « 1d12+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » to goblin 1 and « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » for « 1d12+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » to goblin 4
    goblin 1: damage save « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » vs DC 23
    Grok: ((5 foot step back, 2 thrown rocks, done))
    goblin 4: damage save « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » vs DC 15
    The first goblin crumples in a heap, while the other manages to not be hit
    TGU: ((not hit in the cinematic hit; he still has the daage build up))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: ((drat, i’m running out of things to throw))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((what, not enough dead goblins around to start tossing?))
    TGU: ((you can try to grapple the goblin again, then wade into the others with your Screaming Club ))
    Grok: ((I was thinking of asking the dm about that…))
    Grok: ((I was trying the screaming club. Couldn’t grab the little runt))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((then again, having read the Iliad, I know that there are always massive rocks lying around ready to be thrown at people))
    TGU: ((he rolled well))
    Grok: ((Really big rocks all around. That’s a campaign quality I like.))
  • Thurirl decides to practice his art, so that he might perhaps sneak up and educate some goblin archers.
    Hiding: « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 »
    TGU: goblin search check « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »
    Unfortuantely, the goblins have some good eyes, and are keeping track of Thurirl
  • Thurirl mutters about a proper lack of cover.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur knocks the goblin glaive aside with his shield and follows up with a draw-cut to it’s wielder’s body (Attack 10 for 6 damage)…
    And hte goblin jumps back with deft footwork
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur follows up with a thrust directed toward the goblin’s head … (Attack « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » for « 1d10+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » damage)
    goblin 5: damage save « 1d20+4 = 3 + 4 = 7 » vs DC 19
    … lopping it clean off
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps over the goblin’s body, advancing on his next opponent (done)
  • Vari flies over to wehre Grok is, lands and swips at the Goblin still alive
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » Claw Attack
    And the goblin, used to fighting drakes, dodges the claws
    Grok: “El é o meu!” Grok shouts to the big lizard that just landed nearby.
    TGU: ((Jamshid is the only one who can understand Grok; so what does he hear?))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Halberd
    TGU: ((hit))
    Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 8 + 2 = 10 » Halberd Damage
    goblin 16: damage save « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » vs DC 17
    Malaina guts the goblin
    Grok: ((Grok shouts “He’s mine!” to the lizard))
  • Vari ignores the orc, not understanding him anyway
    Grok: ((Ogre! OGRE!))
    Malaina: ((Sorry))
    TGU: ((Vari might just think he’sa bigger, uglier orc ))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Eam tol mortu!” Jamshid replies, (“Learn to share!” for those who speak Woanish)
    The goblin’s eyes glow a bright red and it hisses at all of you, swinging its sword around
    TGU: ((uses Menacing Threat to threaten Grok, Mala, and Vari; each make a resolve check vs intimidate « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » or take « 1d6 = 6 » stress damage))
    Malaina: ((Resolve check?))
    Grok: « 1d20+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 »
    Malaina: ((What is Vari’s resolve?))
    TGU: ((that’s your skill))
    TGU: ((use Vari’s Comp bonus))
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » Resolve
    TGU: ((Grok, make a will save, vs DC 16))
    Vari: « 1d20+2 = 9 + 2 = 11 »
    Grok: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 »
    TGU: ((Vari, make a will save vs DC 13))
    Vari: « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 » Will
    TGU: ((Grok takes a grade of shaken))
    Grok: ((and promptly ignores it, being an ogre))
    Grok: ((any others will stick, though))
    TGU: ((is that from an ogre specific species feat?))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((species ability IIRC))
    Grok: ((no, ogre racial ability basic. No pain, ignore the 1st fatigue or shaken condition in a scene))
    TGU: ((ah, I see))
    TGU: ((was looking at the orc stats ))
    Grok: ((I’m big. Why everyone confuse me with an orc?))
  • goblin 4 attacks Vari with a shortsword
    « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » for « 1d8 = 3 » damage
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((orcs don’t have layers))
    Isabis: ((hehe. Rockhead’s ghost? ))
    Malaina: ((I am gussing that damage doesn’t stick))
    The goblin’s shortsword bounces off Vari’s scales
    The archers move up closer for a better shot
  • goblin 6 shoots his bow in quick succession at Vari
    hits « 1d20+5 = 5 + 5 = 10 » for « 1d6 = 5 »
    TGU: ((miss))
  • goblin 10 shoots his bow in quick succession at Thurirl
    hits « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 » for « 1d6 = 3 »
    TGU: ((miss))
  • goblin 11 shoots his bow in quick succession at Jamshid
    hits « 1d20+5 = 1 + 5 = 6 » for « 1d6 = 1 »
    TGU: ((the goblin rolled a 1, would anyone like to activate his error?))
  • goblin 22 shoots his bow in quick succession at Grok
    hits « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 » for « 1d6 = 3 »
    TGU: (misss)
  • goblin 7 shoots his bow in quick succession at Mala
    hits « 1d20+5 = 19 + 5 = 24 » for « 1d6 = 1 »
    TGU: ((hits Mala for 1 point of damage))
    goblin 8: Ref save « 1d20+2 = 15 + 2 = 17 »
    Malaina: ((What about my DR?))
    The goblin frees himself from the entanglement
    TGU: ((the bows have AP 4, so they ignore that much DR))
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis abandons the doorway so she can shoot around the corner of the house at goblin 11
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 »
  • Isabis does « 1d8 = 2 » damage
    goblin 11: damage save « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » vs DC 11
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok smashs puny gobbo over the head with a meaty fist. « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » for « 1d4+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 »
    (spends action die)The goblin is hit, but not before jabbing Grok’s arm with his shortsword for « 1d8 = 7 » damage
    goblin 4: damage save « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » vs DC 19
    Grok now has a sword stuck in his arm
    Grok: ((done))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Isabis: ((Free weapons for Grok!))
  • Thurirl attempts to get a little closer while staying out of sight.
    Hide: « 1d20+11 = 19 + 11 = 30 »
    TGU: ((Thurirl is taking a 60ft double move that he forgot last turn (before going afk)))
    Grok: ((that sword will be my next throwing weapon))
    TGU: goblin search to find Thurirl « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »
    Thurirl has managed to get out of sight of hte goblins
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    He also manages to get within their midst, without them knowing it. The sneaky lizard.
  • Thurirl stays still and silent, like a stone, plotting his next move.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur runs around the other side of the bow-armed goblins (two move actions) then attacks the one between him and Thurirl (Contempt. Attack 18 for 10 damage) ((done))
    goblin 22: damage save « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » vs DC 15
    The goblin catches something in the corner of his eye, a scaled tail or something, but then feels cold steel in his warm body, then nothing.
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Thurirl remains still.
  • Vari roars, but backs away further at Mala’s insistance
    All the archers’ attention are now on Jamshid
    Malaina: ((done))
    Malaina: ((Alright, really done))
    The goblin drops his bow and draws a dagger
    mdesperately attacks with his dagger at Jamshid
    Hits « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage
    The other two take shots at Jamshid
  • goblin 7 shoots his bow in quick succession at Jamshid
    hits « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » for « 1d6 = 5 »
  • goblin 8 shoots his bow in quick succession at Jamshid
    hits « 1d20+5 = 12 + 5 = 17 » for « 1d6 = 4 »
    While the other two shoot at Grok
  • goblin 6 shoots his bow in quick succession at Grok
    hits « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » for « 1d6 = 4 »
  • goblin 10 shoots his bow in quick succession at Grok
    hits « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d6 = 2 »
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 »
  • Isabis adds « 1d4 = 1 » to the ranged attack roll.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 »
    TGU: ((still a miss))
    TGU: ((that’s a hit))
  • Isabis hits for « 1d8 = 6 » + « 1d4 = 4 » (action die to damage roll)
    goblin 7: damage save « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » vs DC 15
    Isabis: “Finally!”
    Isabis adds a lovely arrow to the goblin’s neck
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok the mighty bashes it’s head with a rock! A big rock!
    Hits AC « 1d20+5+4-2 = 20 + 5 + 4 – 2 = 27 » for damage « 1d12+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » “subdual”
    TGU: ((at goblin 10?))
    Grok: ((ok, bad macro, ignore that)) « 1d20+10-2 = 13 + 10 – 2 = 21 »
    TGU: ((you still get the 20 you rolled))
    Grok: ((yes, may be out of range))
    Grok: ((if I hit, i’ll activate it with an action die))
    TGU: ((large rock? yeah, out of range))
    Grok: ((it was the sword in my arm that I threw))
    Grok: ((done))
    TGU: ((oh))
    TGU: ((still our of range, I would think))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl chooses now to act, stepping forward to engage a preoccupied goblin, attacking with sword and knife!
    Sword hits « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » for « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 » damage.
    Knife hits « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » for « 1d6+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » damage.
    goblin 8: damage save « 1d20+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 » vs DC 12
    Thurirl: ((I call ludicrous gibs!!))
    The goblin is nicked first in the arm, then stabbed in the when he’s distracted by the sudden, unexpected pain.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    TGU: ((you are no longer hidden))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur steps around the goblin and attacks from behind (Attack 11 for 11 damage)
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur misses, and tries again (14 for 13 damage)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
    The goblin wastoo wily for the first attack, but the second one gets through
    goblin 11: damage save « 1d20+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » vs DC 17
    Malaina has received initiative.
    TGU: ((well, they took out all the goblins over there))
  • Malaina playfully scowls at the two of them, “You didn’t think to leave me any?”
    TGU: ((btw, Thurirl, do you want to dismiss the entangling spell?))
    Thurirl: ((sure))
    The area is now free to walk through to get to the goblins on the other side
    Thurirl: “My apologies. We were too focused upon educating them to remember.”
  • Thurirl dismisses his spell so Malaina has easy access to the rest.
    Malaina: ((done))
    The goblins look around… they decide it’s time to head out
    Isabis has received initiative.
    TGU: ((will you prusue the goblins or let them run?))
  • Isabis decides not to waste additional arrows on them
    Grok: At the sight of the fleeing goblins, Grok shouts “Fuxir! Fuxir antes de Grok os poderosos!”
  • Malaina will not be pursuing, she needs take care of Vari when she gets the chance
    Isabis: “Jamshid, would you be so kind as to ask Grok if he wants healing?”
  • Thurirl cleans and stores his weapons, seeing as he is done teaching for the moment.
  • Grok searches goblin bodies for food
  • Vari eating goblin bodies
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Necesita ayuda”
    The surviving goblins run back to where they came, probably telling the others of their tribe/clan/military unit/whatever about the terror that is guarding the mines here
    Grok: “Grok teñen cero.”
  • Malaina sees if anyone can give Vari some healing
    Grok: ((which means Grok has scratch))
    The goblins were not carrying any food, other than their owns bodies as Vari appreciates
    Isabis: ((heh, I’ll take that as a no then.))
  • Vari so appreciating the free meal
  • Isabis takes it from his tone of voice that the response was some variety of negative, and goes to heal Vari instead
  • Thurirl examines himself for wounds.
    Isabis: “Nothing like getting (casts) lost of practice, right? (casts) I can’t wait until my channeling capactiy (casts) is high enough to cast more advanced spells.”
    The goblins were well armed, and skilled; plus they look to have partaken in eating drake flesh, they have fine scales on their bodies as the typical sign
  • Vari doesn’t seem to noticing he is being healed as he keeps eating the goblin bodies
  • Isabis patiently heals everyone up, then proceeds to autopsy the (uneaten) scaly goblins and take notes for her professors.
  • Malaina sighs, rubbing at where she got hit and stops Vari from eating too many goblin bodies, “You’ll get a stomach ache.”
    There can be heard roarings off in the distance, loud and distressed sounding
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “I’m not sure I like the sound of that…”
    Isabis: “I’m sure I don’t like the sound of that.”
    The sounds come from maybe half a mile away
    Thurirl: “Perhaps some other goblins have taken to raiding the drakes. It may be wise to investigate.”
  • Vari lifts his head up at what he is hearing and roars, looking frantic and clawing at the ground
  • Vari makes a pleading noise as he lowers himself down so Mala can get on, “Baby…stolen…!”
  • Malaina immediately hops onto the saddle with ease, “That sounds close, very close!”
    Isabis: “Where? Wait, the rest of us don’t have mounts!”
  • Grivs pokes his head out of the mine, “Are they delt with?”
    Malaina: “It’s not far from here!! Follow me if you want, but I’m not leaving that baby to be eaten by goblins!”
  • Grok collects his javelins and rocks, and heads towards the sound
    Thurirl: “The goblins here are all dead or gone, but we may have other pressing concerns.”
    Grivs: “Ah, right then. Do you htink hte goblins will be leaving htis place alone, though?”
    Thurirl: “If they do not, we will shortly teach them to.”
  • Vari roars as he flaps his wings and takes off into the air, not caring if the others are following, roaring to the one who called that he is on his way
    Grok: ((has Grivs been drinking? his words seem to be slurred…))
    Grivs: ((no, it’s my keyboard or something ))
    Grivs: ((course, he probably was quite shaken by the goblin attack))
    You head off towards the sound of the panicked drake mother.
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
    Isabis: “The ones here are fleeing in panic, it’ll be a while before you have issues with them again…but those two are flying straight into another fight like this, only alone!”

Log 4

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 3

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk