Log 39

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 38

When last we saw our heroes there was a land shark eating a zombie goat. Does it count as eating it alive when it’s a zombie?
The spriggan hopps away as fast as he can (which is half speed)
Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: ((done))

Isabis has received initiative.
Grok: ((now can’t seem to hear, don’t know exactly what is going on))

Dragonhawk: *Isabis stays guarding the wagons

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai invokes the power of his Spinechain to enhance his natural weapons and attempts to chomp down (up?) on the bulette
    Bite Hits « 1d20+9 = 14 + 9 = 23 » for « 2d10+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 », Threat 15, AP 1
    Seiankornai: (half action and Contempt)
  • Seiankornai then snarls at the big brute
    Taunt « 1d20+5 = 18 + 5 = 23 » Opposed Sense Motive checks
  • Bulette saves for « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 » vs 19
  • Bulette sense motives (badly. Did I mention it’s stupid?) « 1d20 = 6 »
  • Bulette find Seian infuriating. Self is biter, food not supposed to bite back.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila chases the spriggan.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage.
    Takeru is disconnected.
    Takeru is disconnected.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
  • Jessaila springs after the spriggan and slaps him across the back of his spriggan noggin with the flat of her saber, knocking him out.
    Spriggan: (welcome, glad you made it)

Seiankornai: ((greetings))

Malaina: ((Heya))

  • Spriggan is knocked out with the bolas still around his knees
    Spriggan: ((Jessaila used one action die to convert her crit to an automatic health check failure, correct?))

Takeru has connected.
Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl moves to get a clear look at their new foe… and decides perhaps being airborne would be best.
  • Thurirl uses his magic to pick up Thurirl off the ground, leaving the target ungrounded. (Target cannot attack without a cumulative -1 penalty (up to -5) as they spin around; Casting check: « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 »; can lift 100 lbs/Casting Level)
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok drops chain on ground and steps on it, then draws cannon and fires at bulette
    Grok: Grok shoots the foe! « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » for « 5d6 = 24 » damage

Seiankornai: (cannoning the bulette?)

Grok: ((Done))

Grok: ((Yes))

Spriggan: miss with range increment

Seiankornai: ((tsk))

Spriggan: ((unless you already took that into account?))

Seiankornai: ((or AD it :D))

  • UndeadGoat 953 attacks Guard 5 hitting « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »
    Thurirl is disconnected.
    UndeadGoat: *Caravan Guard 5 saves for « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » vs 15
  • UndeadGoat 953 attacks Guard5 hitting « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » for possible « 1d8+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
    UndeadGoat: miss
  • UndeadGoat 327 struggles to it’s feet
  • UndeadGoat staggers towards food
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur charges one of the remaining goats (Attack 22 for 11 ap4,bleed)
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((done))
  • UndeadGoat 327 saves for « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs 15
    Thurirl has connected.
    Seiankornai: ((wb))

The caravan guards nearest Grok move in to take charge of the “screaming chain” since two of it’s inhabitants are still conscious.

  • CaravanGuard 5 attacks goat zombie 953, hitting « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » for possible damage « 1d12+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
    CaravanGuard: * Goat zombie 953 saves for « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 » vs 12
  • Bulette attacks Seiankornai hitting « 1d20+12 = 19 + 12 = 31 » for possible damage « 2d12+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 »
  • Bulette claws Seiankornai hitting « 1d20+12 = 7 + 12 = 19 » for possible « 1d10+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 »
    The caravan guards take charge of the whimpering chain and start dragging it back to the caravan; the other half forms up with Jamshid hoping to keep the Bulette off the road if Seian’s distraction doesn’t hold.
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 6 + 9 = 15 » Halberd; AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed
Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Halberd Damage Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 » Halberd; Skull Crack, AP 4, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed

Takeru: (( like this ))

  • Bulette takes a nasty bump on the head (fails one save) but keeps on chasing you
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Bulette saves for « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » vs 18
  • Seiankornai ducks down and strikes at the bulette’s underside
    USing the Damned if you Do trick
    Bite hits « 1d20+9 = 9 + 9 = 18 » for « 2d10+7+2 = 12 + 7 + 2 = 21 », Threat 15, AP 1
  • Bulette saves for « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » vs 26
    Seiankornai: ((BAH!!!!))
  • Seiankornai bites it again!
    Hits « 1d20+9+2 = 20 + 9 + 2 = 31 » for « 2d10+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 », Threat 15, AP 1
    Seiankornai: (activating crit with free die)

The bulette dies before it can demonstrate its jumping abilities on the fliers – lucky you.

  • Seiankornai takes out a chunk of armor with the first bite, and spits it out, then goes for the soft flesh and the kill
  • Seiankornai feasts a few moments on the good meat
  • Vari looks longingly, but stays where he is
    You all have destroyed a land shark and a whole flock of flesh-craving undead goats. The caravan is just starting to wonder what’s taking you so long.
    Dragonhawk: ((end init))

Seiankornai: “Tastes unsurprisingly like fish. And I didn’t have to get wet or anything.”

  • Thurirl is happy that he wasted the levitation spell… or at least that the drake made sure of it.
    Malaina: “Hehe, good job Seian.”
  • Jessaila comes tromping back with the tied-up spriggan.
    Seiankornai: “You too, I think you cracked its armor enough for me to get through easily.”
  • Thurirl floats back to the ground and cancels his spell.
    A caravan guard runs up to the lead wagon and stops the group.
    Seiankornai: “Vari, help me drag this back to the caravan, we all shall eat well tonight! And tomorrow, and the day after that, and after that, and after that…”

Thurirl: “A most satisfying ending to the fight. The caravan will be happy to know our efforts this time were far more effective.”

  • Spriggan wakes up
  • Vari licks at his chops, moving help Seian move the body
  • Seiankornai pushes the body
  • Spriggan notices the land-shark going by.
    Spriggan: “Guyahhhh!”

Seiankornai: ((is Grok going to stomp those goats?))

  • Thurirl follows the rest of the group, pausing only to suggest that Grok finish off the goats.
    Malaina: “Should we tie something over his mouth, I think he is going to be loud during the trip.”
  • Spriggan scrambles back away from the monster, only then realizing that it’s dead and the drakes are the ones moving it.
    Seiankornai: “So what is with that little guy?”
  • Jessaila tosses the spriggan down on the ground.
    Jessaila: “This chap seems to have been herding the goats.”

Malaina: “But why did he attack?”

You have disconnected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Thurirl has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Takeru has connected.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
Spriggan: “Free goats of the mountain need no herding until evil tradelings kill them!”

  • Thurirl joins the group.
    Thurirl: “A curious individual. He seems to blame the traders for something with the goats.”

Jessaila: “Why did you deem it necessary to attack US, though?”

  • Seiankornai walks over to the springan “That’s a horrible thing to do to goats, now they’re inedible.”
    Spriggan: “Are tradelings”
  • Spriggan thinks this is obvious
    Jessaila: “Yes, but we don’t kill goats.”

Seiankornai: “And if one spriggan commits a crime, all spriggans should be punished?”

Jessaila: “…unless they attack us first.”

Spriggan: “Dwarf said tradeling killing goats. Many dead, not just one tradeling …uh…”

Malaina: “A dwarf?”

  • Spriggan fails to think of the word he wants, and gestures at the caravan instead
    Seiankornai: “There are many more tradelings who don’t kill goats and turn them into zombies than the few that do.”
  • Spriggan looks uncomfortable
    Spriggan: "Many many killing goats for so many dead. ….what is “zombies”?"

Seiankornai: “Something that is dead and rotton but still walks around and tries to eat people.”

Thurirl: “In other words, an abomination against all nature.”

Spriggan: “Oh, I did the zombies. Poor dead goats must help avenge them. Tradelings only are killing. Killing twice.”

  • Spriggan mutters in Kamilil “…kill me too as like as not…”
    Malaina: “Well, we had to defend ourselves. You would do the same if something attacked you suddenly.”

Seiankornai: “Oh, that was you.”

  • Thurirl gives the spriggen a rather cold look.
  • Jessaila answers in Kamil. “Unlike some people, we don’t kill our prisoners.”
    Jessaila: “Usually. Intentionally. Um.”

Seiankornai: “But yes, there are many groups of tradelings, just like there’s two groups of fey, those that follow King Grunne, and those that follow Queen Firda. But our group of tradelings didn’t kill goats.”

  • Spriggan flails his arms “What do I know of human tradelings?!? Dwarf says nothing of groups, only tradelings kill goats.”
    Thurirl: “Indeed. Our current employers are, to our knowledge, merely attempting to navigate the roads in order to engage in successful and lucrative trade.”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “Which dwarf is this?”

  • Thurirl goes a bit quiet.
  • Malaina archs an eyebrow, wondering if there is a connection
    Spriggan: “Is…is dwarf. Traveler. Know much of animals, very wise for a…a… a not-fey.”
  • Thurirl mutters something under his breath.
    Seiankornai: “Seems unlike your typical dwarf.”

Spriggan: “Yes! Most dwarf not know anything but money. Fools! Hammers and coins.”

Spriggan: “This one better.”

Malaina: “Did the dwarf ask you to look for a piece of cargo?”

Seiankornai: “Or a symbol?”

Spriggan: “What? Not ask anything. Just tell me who are killing tradelings. Say give tradelings what deserve.”

  • Spriggan thinks
    Spriggan: “Dwarf not like tradelings either, I think. Rumors say he try to pay someone to make bulettes come to tradeling carraiages.”
  • Malaina looks worried about that piece of information
    Malaina: “So someone is looking to just take out caravans, not look for through the cargo?”
  • Spriggan shakes his head. “Only fool toys with bulettes. Stupid but bad bite.”
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, did you ever think that the dwarf killed the goats, and told you that tradelings killed them, so that you’d attack tradelings that the dwarf doesn’t like?”

Spriggan: " … "

Grok has connected.
Spriggan: “Dwarf just one. He kill so many goats, whole mountain and half of northern court come after him.”

Seiankornai: ((wb))

Malaina: ((Grok, stomp on the unconcious dead goats!))

Seiankornai: ((we are interogating the spriggan))

Spriggan: ((wb. Sorry about the cut-off, had a BSOD))

Grok is disconnected.
Thurirl: “It may be possible this dwarf is not a dwarf at all. Many spells could be employed to prevent others from seeing the individual’s true form.”

Seiankornai: “OH, maybe a lyss?”

Seiankornai: “They have shapeshifting powers… or, wiat, no that’s Soregg.”

Malaina: “Maybe we can ask him questions as we go, I am sure Brom will want to keep on going.”

Spriggan: “Mostly sure not lyss. Not soregg either. Not have, have, taste of evil.”

Seiankornai: “That would work. Let’s untie him then, so he can walk.”

  • Seiankornai is prepared to forgive the little guy the attack, as he seems mostly intent on defending his home. HE just needs to be corrected in how discern who is a threat and who isn’t
    Thurirl: “Only something, or someone, with a great deal of power and skill could hide this ‘taste of evil’. I am not certain such magic is available to any mortal caster.”

Seiankornai: “You would have more idea than I.”

Grok has connected.
Thurirl: “Perhaps one of our more scholarly members can investigate it when we are in a more suitable location.”

Seiankornai: ((wb again))

Isabis: “Walk where? I don’t know if the town would appreciate our dumping a fey in their lap.”

Malaina: “So should we let him go?”

Grok: ((let’s attach him to the chain too. More weight then))

Isabis: “…maybe? It might be safer. And maybe he’ll be less rediculous about attacking every trader he meets hereafter.”

Seiankornai: “I think so. As long as he promises not to attack anyone who doesn’t actually attack him first.”

Spriggan: “Tradeling …things full of guards anyway. Poor goats killed twice, three things in turn.”

Spriggan: “I hoped this thing would be easier, not has same sign as other two.”

  • Jessaila takes her bolas back and starts untying the spriggan.
    Jessaila: “Sign?”

Malaina: ((Grok, make sure you take out the goats that are unconcious))

Spriggan: “first two things I find have mountain symbol, many many guard.”

Seiankornai: “Hmm, we were attacked by some goblins who were paid to attack everyone who didn’t have that sign.”

  • Spriggan gestures at the caravan to indicate what king of “thing” again
  • Grok takes the goats that are unconcious and beats them together to make undead goat Jam
    Seiankornai: “It’s called a ‘caravan’ by the way.”

Spriggan: “Not know goblins. Only know dwarf.”

Malaina: “Not surprising they are keeping the ones they are recruiting out of the loop.”

Seiankornai: “Their purpose is to move things from one place to another so they can sell them. It’s not ment to attack goats or anything else for that matter.”

Grok puts the last goats out of their misery. Seriously, they crave flesh and can’t eat it; they’re better off re-dead.
Isabis: “But weren’t the goblins hired by a /drake/?”

Seiankornai: “True, that is what they said.”

Jessaila: “Interesting.”

Thurirl: “I think we should investigate these suspicious circumstances. It is not a welcome sign if the various trading guilds and houses are starting to recruit brigands.”

Malaina: “Maybe it is a group working together to have caravans attacked that don’t have the right symbol?”

Isabis: “Where does a dwarf come in? That sounds more like a house of Iron agent than a hous Savinar agent.”

Seiankornai: ((I presume the caravan is moving on at this point and we’re all walking together near it))

Dragonhawk: ((OK))

Malaina: ((Don’t forget the drake food!))

The spriggan keeps looking into the woods, but is moving along peacefully so far.
Thurirl: “This only supports my theory of someone or something altering its appearance. Or perhaps its shape.”

  • Seiankornai recruits some caravan guards to help harness him and VAri to the bulette so they can drag it along for dinner
    Thurirl: “However, we know little at this point. We must see what we can find and then we shall have our answer.”

Malaina: “So it’s something bigger then just the guilds sabotaging each other. Possibly another group of different people and creatures working together? But why?”

Dragonhawk: “Find who kills goats, I say. Give them answer with swords.”

spriggan: “Find who kills goats, I say. Give them answer with swords.”

Seiankornai: “What if someone is just hunting goats for food?”

Jessaila: “Might be the same people, just posing as someone else. Someone could be trying to start a war between the trade houses.”

Seiankornai: “And they only take what they need?”

spriggan: “If hunted for food, then eaten.”

spriggan: “These leave all over mountain, still whole. Easy to raise.”

Seiankornai: “Yes, just making sure your only against the pointless wasteful killing.”

Malaina: “But why attack every caravan that doesnt have a certain symbol? Do you think they are moving something in different guilds?”

Malaina: “Whatever they are moving, if it has the symbol is the sign to leave it alone?”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: to Isabis and Thurirl “I think we have insufficient evidence to determine which faction is behind these attacks … we should probably wait for more information before jumping to a conclusion either way”

Seiankornai: “Could very well be Cronists, who are trying to weaken the human and dwarven kingdoms before she returns.”

spriggan: “Mountain tradelings twice-kill many goats…not know what they have in wagons, not care.”

Isabis: “I agree, Jamshid. Anything that involves drakes and dwarves is pretty wide-spread. We’re just seeing the edge of it, I think.” Isabis: “…it does explain why house Savinar would be piling on the guards though. Well, and why we got hired, and so forth.”

Thurirl: “I concur, Jamshid. We only have the word of these goblins and our fae friend here. Until we find more concrete proof, all we have is conjecture and the opportunity to leap to conclusions.”

Seiankornai: “Anything else you can tell us about this dwarf or the tradelings who alledgidly killed massive amounts of goats?”

  • Dragonhawk shrugs
  • Spriggan shrugs
    Spriggan: “Dwarf was dwarf. Not remember name.”

Spriggan: “And not say which tradelings. Just say tradelings.”

  • Spriggan ((is SO gullible when he’s mad 9.9 ))
    Seiankornai: “Very odd, indeed. Are you aware that trade caravans of all tradeling groups are being attacked nearly everywhere?”

Spriggan: “No. Not care about everywhere. Mountain is my place.”

Seiankornai: “Ok, just so you know, you were likely duped by someone who wants to make it difficult for innocent traders. So in the future, be sure of who you are attacking, that they really did harm you, before you attack them.:”

Spriggan: “Feh. …what mean duped?”

Seiankornai: “Triked”

Spriggan: “Oh. OH. Dwarf hire me for no pay!”

  • Spriggan is angry now
    Spriggan: “I see sneak dwarf again, I take pay out of skull!”
  • Seiankornai whispers aside to Vari, “It’s like dealing with some wyrmlings, need to teach them to think before acting.”
  • Spriggan suddenly casts a spell and disappears
  • Vari snorts a bit, but doesn’t say anything, just rolls his eyes a bit
    Jessaila: “Pop goes the weasel.”

Malaina: “Think he will cause more trouble?”

Thurirl: “…let us hope the dwarf attempts to hire him again.”

Seiankornai: “If you see sneak dwarf again, act like you don’t know he’s trying to trick you and follow him and see where he goes. Maybe get some really sneaky fey frineds to help you, one’s taht are really good at tricking.”

Isabis: “I just hope he doesn’t switch his vendetta to dwarves in general. …not that you see many dwarves in the mountains.”

Seiankornai: “… well that was rude.”

Seiankornai: “Oh well, let’s hope there not much more excitement on this trip.”

Isabis: “Don’t take it personally Seian. He doesn’t seem the incredibly stable type.”

Seiankornai: “Oh, I gathered that.”

  • Vari asks Seian if he is ok
    Thurirl: “I have only heard rumors about what is typical for fae. Perhaps that was ‘typical’ for our goat-loving friend.”
  • Seiankornai is perfectly fine, wasn’t even touched (Vitality “damage” is avoiding near hits, not actual hits)
    Seiankornai: “Jessaila would probably know better than either of us.”
Isabis: “I don’t think elves are fey in quite the same sense as the followers of the two courts, Seian.”

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » Survival check

Jessaila: “I once dissected a bullette.”

  • Seiankornai shrugs, “Like I know anything about fey. Drakes haven’t hunted them in a few hundred years, and they’re annoying.”
    Malaina: “Wow, really? How did you get to do something like that?”
  • Seiankornai looks at Jessaila, “Really? I would not have guessed.”
    Jessaila: “It was actually just before I met you guys.”

Jessaila: “Helped a scholar who didn’t want to get his hands dirty.”

Jessaila: “He stood on a platform with a noseclip while I hacked the thing apart for him.”

  • Isabis snorts at that one
    Seiankornai: “Ah, that would make sense, yes.”
  • Malaina makes a face, sticking her tongue out
    Malaina: “Ick, sounds way too messy!”
Isabis: “I admit, most dissections don’t require hip waders.”

Jessaila: “It was actually kinda interesting.”

Thurirl: “I presume scalpels were for dissecting the smaller organs of the beast?”

Seiankornai: “Oh, then you’ll leave this one to Vari and me, Mala?” :D

Jessaila: “They have really thick, tough muscles that are really hard to cut through.”

Malaina: “You two can have him! I have no desire to see inside of that thing!”

Jessaila: “It lets them swim through soft earth and jump into the air after prey.”

Isabis: “I’d actually like to see, but teeth aren’t very precise disection tools.”

Malaina: “Heh, it’s a good thing Seian killed it before it could get to me and Vari.”

Malaina: “Maybe they can open it up before they eat it? That way you can see?”

Jessaila: “Yeah. It probably could have caught you if it had a mind to jump.”

Thurirl: “They are not very efficient for butchering either. Yet I find there is little more satisfying than tearing large portions of meat from one’s prey.”

Isabis: “…not my kind of hunting, Thurirl.”

Jessaila: “They like to hunt alone, so unless it’s mating season, then you’ll never see more than one in any given area.”

Malaina: “I can imagine the territory battles shifts about the land.”

Seiankornai: “That is a good thing. Hopefully we won’t be bothered by any more.”

Thurirl: “I must apologize for nature’s cruelty to your species. It has deprived you of one of life’s finest pleasures.”

  • Seiankornai snickers
  • Malaina thunks Thurirl for being a smart butt
    Seiankornai: “Indeed, indeed it has. The poor little humans.”
Isabis: “Riiiiight. Yet somehow we seem to make do all the same.”
  • Thurirl blinks and gives Malaina a blank look. “Did I say something inappropriate?”
  • Malaina just gives him a flat look and shakes her head
  • Grok looks around, seeing if there are any more goats to bash
    The goats are falling far behind and all the goblins are conscious again."
  • Seiankornai looks back, “Grok come over here, we’re moving on.”
    The caravaneers are looking for somewhere to make camp, and from the yelling it sounds like they found something. You only hope there will be a good stream for Grok to wash the goat-zombie smell off his feet.
    Isabis: ((I think we’ll end for the night. People seem tired. Including me.))

Thurirl: “Indeed. We should leave here before some other random attacker comes with a herd of abominations. Perhaps rabbits this time…”

Jessaila: ((Plot bunnies))

Grok: ((heck, we should get some exp

Jessaila: ((Undead plot bunnies.))

Seiankornai: ((yes, XP would be good))

Isabis: ((895 xp))

Seiankornai: ((Level up DING yay))

Isabis: ((level up for next time ))

Seiankornai: ((Total XP 25239))

Grok: ((Cool))

Seiankornai: ((er 25221))

Isabis: ((25221 is what I have))

Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 40

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 39

Sunchasers DH Moochi