Log 4

Logs Index
Main Page

Grok has connected.
Grok:Grok throws a object at his foe! « 1d20+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 »
Grok: glad I got rid of that roll
TGU: heh
Grok: Still trying to get a hang of macros
Malaina: I find them easy once I figured them out
Grok: I suppose I will too, once i get started
TGU: and you guys are just using simple macros
TGU: they cna get quite a bit more complex if you want
Malaina: yea, don’t want to get complicated
Grok:Grok is a simple character
Grok:Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 »
Malaina: Nice
Grok: now I’m getting it….
Isabis has connected.
Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 »
Grok: Cool, it all works
Grok: I may lose connection, but if so, i’ll be back
Malaina: Bandit is coming on now
TGU: k
Grok: talking to Arica
Isabis: oh? Tell her to call me.
Grok: Issac is shopping, coming home quickly!
TGU: k
Grok: Isabis is Deb, right?
Isabis: yes
TGU: yep
Thurirl has connected.
Grok: Arica estimates an eta of 30 minutes
TGU: hi
Grok: They were traveling
Grok: start without, and let him catch up?
TGU: vote?
Grok:Grok vote yes, and intimidates other voters
Grok: Intimidate « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »
Thurirl: =P
Malaina: Ha ha
Thurirl: I’d roll against that if I knew what to roll.
TGU: Resolve
Thurirl: ah
Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » Resolve
Grok: ok, one more vote for me
Malaina: ha ha, I was gonna vote yes anyway
We last left off with you tearing over the hill/small mountain side to the sounds of a distressed drake mother.
Grok: ((Grok tearing off faster with move speed of 40ft per round))
Vari flying as fast as he can
Grok: ((how fast Vari fly?))
Malaina: ((40ft))
TGU: ((and bypasses rough terrain ))
Thurirl follows behind the others, trying to keep out of sight.
Grok sees Vari start to pull ahead, so he pushes the limit « 1d20+19 = 18 + 19 = 37 »
It takes you only about 15 minutes to of running through the mountain to get there. The sound is coming from within a cave. It’d be a good idea to announce yourselves before barging in on an angry, panicked drake.
Vari lands outside the cave and makes a call in, folding his wings down
Grok starts to travel at 50ft per move for 3 minutes
TGU: ((Grok: you don’t need to put a “Grok” after the “/me”))
Malaina slides off his saddle, feeling a bit winded from how fast her drake flew
Grok: ((I figured that out afterwards…))
Thurirl arrives just in time to look amused at Malaina’s hair.
Malaina gives the Saurion a dirty look as she fixes up her hair
Isabis: ((Jamshid should be on in a few minutes))
ROAR!
You cna hear the sounds of claws scrabbling againt rock
Vari seems to pace, looking quite agitated
Isabis sighs at everyone running ahead of their backup and just joggs after them as best she can
Grok: “Saír e loitar!” andGrok approaches the cave
Thurirl: “Something dire must have happened. I have seldom heard a drake so agitated.”
Grok whispers: “Come out and fight” in woanish
Vari roars atGrok to back off, the females own agitation fueling his own
Isabis: “I really hope it isn’t goblin related…”
Malaina tries to calm Vari down, knowing this is bad from his snippets of an egg being taken that he was able to tell before he flew
The roaring stops suddenly, and a particularly large drake pokes her head out of the cave, having heard Vari.
Vari cautiously approachs the female
Grok keeps a wary eye out for foes
Female Drake: In Vidoss"You must help! The *very foul wordgoblins have stolen my drakeling!"
Isabis comes up behind the faster group members just in time to hear this
Isabis: “Drat. Sometimes it stinks to be right.”
Vari: *in VidossWhere did they go?! I will hunt them down and eat their heads!
Malaina clenchs her own fists, memories coming back to her
Thurirl goes quiet, only a faint glimmer of emotion betraying his rage.
Female Drake: *V"They snuck into my cave through a side passage. I had not had time to hire the humans to block it up after I moved in. I can not fit, I am too large."
Malaina: *in Vidoss
Can you point us in the right direction? We’ll save your baby!
Isabis: (Vidoss) “When we have retrieved you child, we will assist you in making a temporary plug.”
Female Drake: V"Yes, come in, it’s over here."
Vari follows after the larger female, smoke coming out of his nostrils
Teh drake leads you in. She seems a bit calmer now, that you’re here.
Malaina follows after the two drakes, cracking her knuckles in anticipation of taking out those damn, dirty goblins
Grok follows as well, looking out for goblins in the shadows
Isabis: “How young is your drakeling? What is his or her name?”
Thurirl follows close, blending into the shadows without really trying.
Inside, it’s a comfortable cave, smooth stone and dry sandy floor. In one nook you can see an old egg shell, but further down the drake shows you to a side passage. It’ll be large enough for Vari andGrok to enter, barely, but too small for the larger drake. You cna see claw marks all over it, and rubble on the floor.
Vari goes over the passage and sniffs to try to catch the scent of the little one
Grok: “O que está a suceder?”
Female Drake: “Her name is Ixenalti, she is a only a yearling.”
Malaina goes over as well and looks in, ready to head in to rescue that drakling
Grok whispers: what is going on?
Malaina: *VNo worries, we will find her and bring her back to you.
Female Drake: ((make a survival check, Vari))
Isabis: “Also, what is your name? I want to be able to reassure her we are friends, so she will come back with us and not try to fly off on her own the moment she is unbound.”
Vari: ((How?))
You whisper toGrok: that is what he asked IC?
Isabis: ((1d20+WIS+ranks))
Jamshid explains toGrok what is happening
Vari: ((Ranks?))
Female Drake: ((Vari is an NPC, so she doesn’t have ranks))
Vari: « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
Female Drake: ((instead it’s based either on his competance grade, or the particular skill’s grade))
Grok After many small words,Grok examines ground as well. « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 »
Female Drake: ((so Vari has a 5 bonus to the roll))
Grok finds goblin tracks
Grok pursues the goblin tracks
Female Drake: ((sandy caves have some uses ))
Vari follows afterGrok
Isabis follows Vari
Thurirl follows Isabis
Grok: ((grok is tempted to run in circles so everyone runs into each other, but is too hot on the trail.))
Malaina gives the mother some words of comfort before following after everyone
Jamshid par-Bahadur has connected.
TGU: ((Greetings))
Grok: ((Yo.))
Isabis: ((Welcome))
TGU: ((you have just started trackign some goblins through some natural caves, after a drake mother told you they hold stolen her drakeling))
Isabis pays attention to her surroundings, absently chanting a dwarvish marching songs as she goes
Malaina also looks around for any clues other then tracks
Thurirl keeps his eyes open for anything of importance.
Grok: ((Clarification. I am in the lead, correct? And the way is lit how exactly?))
Isabis: (gamok) “Fee, fie, foe, fum, I smell the stench of goblin scum. Fie, foe, fen, fed, they better run ’fore I shoot them dead.”
TGU: ((by Vari’s fire? ))
Vari is using his fire to light the way
Grok takes out a torch and holds it out for oversized match to light
Vari snorts out a small plume of fire to light the torch
TGU: ((Thurirl has light magic))
Isabis has cast ‘glow’ on an arrow as well
Jamshid par-Bahadur follows close behind
Grok:Grok continues to follow tracks. ((you want us to move ourselves?))
Isabis holds it like a torch, and may shoot it like a tracer at need
TGU: ((ignore the numbers on the map btw))
Grok: ((what numbers?))
Grok: ((assuming the tracks go that way))
Thurirl would use his own light spell, but the others are supplying just enough for him.
You come across a much narrower passage,Grok and Vari will have to squeeze through, but they can make it
In the passage, is a small, crudely made door.
Grok: ((Grok thinks thin))
Grok: ((Assuming tracks lead to door,Grok opens the door))
The door is barred, of course.
Grok attempts to knock door over ((str check?))
TGU: ((looking up))
TGU: ((you’ll have to roll damage to break it; it’ll get a couple damage saves though))
Grok:Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20
10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » for « 1d4+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » damage
TGU: ((does your attack have the armor piercing or keen qualities?))
Grok: ((no))
TGU: ((Damage save « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » vs DC 15))
Grok looks at still standing door, rummages through his pack and pulls out his pick
The door shudders, but withstandsGrok’s blow
Grok uses his pick on the door
TGU: ((notice checks))
Isabis: « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 »
Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 »
Grok: « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 »
TGU: ((actaully, this should probably be a team check; so the person with the best notice bonus would make a single check for all))
Thurirl: « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 »
Grok: ((that would be Isabis, so far))
Isabis hearsGrok banging the door
Grok is disconnected.
Isabis: “Grok…you’re making a lot of noise. Let’s try something less likely to inspire the goblins to ambush us.”
Isabis: “…wait. Er, Jamshid, could you translate?”
Grok has connected.
Grok: ((Sorry for the hiccup))
Grok: ((If I didn’t miss anything,Grok smashes door with pick until it crumbles))
Isabis: “…wait. Er, Jamshid, could you translate?”
Isabis: ((oops. Well, assuming he does, he translates this,Grok: “Grok…you’re making a lot of noise. Let’s try something less likely to inspire the goblins to ambush us.” ))
Jamshid par-Bahadur translates
Grok: “Goblins insignificante. Non nos ferir.”
Grok: ((Goblins puny. They no hurt us.))
Isabis: “OK, well, something /faster/ then!”
Malaina: “Should we burn it?”
Grok continues to hammer at the door until better suggestions arise
Thurirl: “A fire in a tunnel? I would advise against it.”
Grok is disconnected.
Grok is disconnected.
Grok has connected.
Isabis: “How about I take a few carpentry tools to it? Assuming I can get at it.”
Malaina moves out of the way so Isabis can get in
Thurirl: “We may wish to have our large friend back out first.”
Grok is disconnected.
Grok is disconnected.
Isabis: ((which side does the door open towards?))
Grok has connected.
Grok: ((ok, hopefully that is the last time0)
Grok breaks through the door
Grok: ((which way do tracks go?))
Isabis closes her carpentry kit back up and follows him through the door
There’s a small door to the right, but the passage continues on. There is a unlit torch on the wall, whisps of smoke drifting off it.
TGU: ((team notice check, again))
Isabis: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 »
Grok: ((go Isa, go Isa, you the noticer))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((does “team notice” mean one check for the highest team member or each of us making an individual check?))
Grok: ((one check, using highest))
Isabis: “Goblins! It IS an ambush!”
Isabis points
Isabis shoots too
Grok pulls out a rock, and throws it at one
TGU: ((Specifically, team checks use either the highest or the lowest bonus, depending on if only one of you needs to succeed for everyone to succeed, or only one to fail for all to fail))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((got it))
TGU: ((init!!))
Grok:Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 »
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
Isabis Initiative: « 1d20+5 = 11 + 5 = 16 »
Jamshid par-Bahadur: Initiative 24
TGU: goblins init « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 »
Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 »
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur hurls his javelin at Goblin #5 (Attack 8 Damage 6) and draws his saber as he moves over to Goblin #1 ((done))
Isabis looks for a baby drake « 1d20+11 = 10 + 11 = 21 »
TGU: ((she doesn’t see one))
Malaina has received initiative.
The javelin hits a rock
Malaina unhooks her Halberd and goes for Goblin #3
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » Halberd
TGU: ((remember, reach weapon, you can be 2 squares away; but that doesn’t help when you roll a 1))
Vari roars as he breaths fire
Vari: « 1d20+1 = 9 + 1 = 10 » Fire Breath
The goblin dodges the fire
Grok: ((are these archers, or melee gobbos?))
The goblins wield axes
Grok adopts his open stance, steps forward five feet, pulls out a rock, and
Grok:Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 »
TGU: ((hit))
Grok: « 1d12+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 » damage, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
Grok: ((at number 6))
TGU: damage save « 1d20+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » vs DC 16
Grok: ((done0)
The goblin is spawled, also dead.
Grok has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Grok:Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » for « 1d4+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage
Grok: ((ignore that, sorry))
Thurirl aims to help out Malaina, but isn’t sure he can move quickly enough to attack.
TGU: ((he can teleport plenty of shadows in here ))
Thurirl: ((oh, cool . forgot about that))
Thurirl realizes distance is no object here, stepping through the shadows to appear behind Malaina’s goblin.
TGU: ((oh wiat, I think that’s in a few levels))
Thurirl: ((…))
TGU: ((you *willbe able to teleport))
Thurirl: ((soooooo… I bump my head on a rock wall))
Thurirl: ((look, whatever; I’ll just move to here))
TGU: ((sure))
TGU: ((flanking bonus, yay))
Thurirl: ((now, if I can attack, fine. if not, I’m done))
TGU: ((go ahead))
Thurirl slips by Isabis after bouncing his snout off the rock wall. He can’t walk through shadows yet. How embarrassing.
Thurirl strikes at his foe with a fiercesome bite!
Attacks « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » for « 1d8 = 2 » damage.
Thurirl: ((that it then?))
Grok: ((no pluses for str?))
Thurirl: ((look, despite all my RPing, I’m still rather new at this))
TGU: ((should be +1))
Thurirl: ((
facepalms*))
TGU: ((looks like you char sheet on OP is a bit messed up, so it’s understandable for the mixup))
Thurirl: ((that’s it… TGU? you, me and macros… let’s make it happen, this week preferably))
TGU: ((hehe))
goblin 3: damage save « 1d20+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » vs DC 11
Thurirl gets behind the goblin and and tears his throat out.
Thurirl: ((wow… dead already?))
Isabis has received initiative.
TGU: ((standard enemies, yep))
Isabis yells the baby’s name like a war-cry: “Ixenalti!!!”
Grok: ((gobbos can’t save, apparently))
TGU: ((these guys aren’t even Mooks ))
Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 »
Vari also roars for the baby in his own language
Isabis loses an arrow in the general direction of goblin 5
Isabis: ((done))
goblin 1 attacks Jamshid with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » for « 1d10+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » damage
TGU: ((hit?))
Malaina: ((I don’t think so, says his defense is 20))
TGU: ((the ax has AP 2))
goblin 1 attacks Jamshid again with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » for « 1d10+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((yeah, that’s a clean miss))
Grok: ((doesn’t matter for defense, only DR.))
goblin 5 attacksGrok with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » for « 1d10+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage
Grok: ((Grok say ouch in Woanish))
(Spends action die, damage goes to wounds) The goblin charges heedlessly at the far larger ogre, and manages to sink the axe deep into his thigh.
Thurirl: ((oooh, ouch; I hope that didn’t hit an artery))
goblin 7 attacks Vari with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » for « 1d10+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » damage
Grok: ((don’t forget to x out goblin 3))
goblin 4 attacks Vari with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » for « 1d10+1 = 10 + 1 = 11 » damage
TGU: ((thanks))
Thurirl: ((yeah, I was wondering about that guy =P guess he took a bit to bleed out))
Jamshid par-Bahadur uses his Combat Instincts to take a free attack against Goblin #1 (Attack 18 for « 1d5+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » edged damage)
goblin 4 tries to tumble through Vari’s space « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » (DC 25))
Grok: ((be thankful he didn’t get a death throes attack))
TGU: (goblin 1 damage save « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » vs DC 11)
TGU: ((and goblin 4 is falt footed))
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur strikes again at Goblin #1 (Attack 20 for 13 edged damage)
Jamshid par-Bahadur: (checking to see if it falls before directing next attack)
goblin 1: damage save « 1d20+2 = 14 + 2 = 16 » vs DC 18
He disembowls the goblin
Jamshid par-Bahadur steps forward and strikes at Goblin five with a backhand slash (Attack 11 for 7) ((done))
TGU: ((miss)
Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Is that a square away? Or should I back up?))
Grok: ((back up for reach weapon))
Malaina: ((Right there?))
Grok: ((Yes))
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » Halberd
TGU: ((miss, barely))
Vari: « 1d20+1 = 11 + 1 = 12 » Fire Breath
TGU: ((also a miss))
Malaina: ((Of course))
Grok smacks goblin 5
Grok:Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » for « 1d4+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
goblin 5: damage save « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 » vs DC 14
Grok: ((and again))
Grok:Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » for « 1d4+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » damage
Grok: ((Done))
The goblin swings his axe at teh big rock, redicrecting it, but taking a shock to its arm.
goblin 5: damage save « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » vs DC 19
Grok: ((i’m not using a rock. I’m using bare fists))
… Which just leaves him vulnerable for the next big rock, which smashes his head
TGU: ((oh, ok))
Grok: ((my fists are called rocks, cool.))
TGU: ((replace “rock” with “fist”, the big still applies))
Grok has received initiative.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Thurirl sneaks by Isabis again to get at another goblin.
Thurirl: ((erf… pardon me whilist I do this manually… again e_e ))
Grok: ((copy and paste is a manual’s friend))
Thurirl: ((not if you don’t have things typed up yet =P))
Malaina: ((I will brb, being told to clean the kitchen, shouldn’t take me long, but if my turn comes come, just npc me))
Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
Attacks « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » for « 1d8+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 » damage.
TGU: ((and he misses))
The goblin dodges well, Thurirl finds he is an advanced student, and it will be a bit hard to teach him more.
Thurirl shows no emotion and makes no comment, intent on educating this goblin if he is not beaten to it.
Isabis has received initiative.
Isabis shoots at goblin 4
Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
Grok: ((Isabis is full of crits today))
TGU: ((activate the crit or not?))
Isabis: ((activating crit))
Isabis shoots at goblin 7 also
Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 15 + 6 = 21 »
Isabis: « 1d6 = 2 » lethal damage
goblin 7: damage save « 1d20+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » vs DC 11
Her arrow knicks the ear of the goblin, who had just dodged a stab from Thurirl and is a bit distracted
goblin 7 attackGrok though, and uses a special move
Punish the Defiantpponents who haven’t moved since your Initiative Count last round are denied their Dexterity bonus to Defense against your melee attacks.
Hits « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » for « 1d10+1 = 1 + 1 = 2 » damage
Grok: ((dr prevents damage))
goblin 7: ((AP 2))
goblin 7: ((so you’ll need DR 4 or better))
goblin 7: ((to block all damage; DR 3 blocks 1))
Grok: ((yep, 1 point of damage))
goblin 7 attacks Thurirl with its axe
Hits « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » for « 1d10+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » damage
The goblin tries to counter attack Thurirl, but misses
Thurirl snorts at the poor attempt.
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
TGU: ((ok, Jamshid seems to be AFK, are you back yet, Malaina?))
Grok: ((Grok ready to smash))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((back, sorry))
TGU: ((k))
Jamshid par-Bahadur moves aroundGrok and slashes at Goblin 7 (Attack 25 for 14 edged damage) ((done))
goblin 7: damage save « 1d20+2 = 17 + 2 = 19 » vs DC 18
THE goblin fends of Jamshid’s attack
Malaina has received initiative.
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((FYI, I don’t think I’ve mentioned it, and it hasn’t really mattered yet, but my saber does have the bleed quality, so anyone I attack gets that condition — 1 damage each round, 1d4 if they attack))
Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((anyone I hit I mean))
Malaina: ((Back))
TGU: ((wb))
Grok: ((kill it))
Malaina: ((What?))
Grok: ((you are up, kill last little thing))
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 » Halberd
Malaina: ((Why do I even bother?))
TGU: ((swing again))
Grok: ((eternal optimist?))
Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 » Halberd
TGU: ((hit))
Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » Halberd Damage
goblin 7: damage save « 1d20+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » vs DC 19
Grok is looking for the direction of the tracks he has been following
Malaina swings her halberd down on the goblin, which is being distracted by attacks on all side, could not defend it self, and she splits its head in half.
The area is now full of goblin tracks
TGU: ((end init))
Malaina gives a satisfied smirk as she kicks the head away
Malaina: ((Vari needs some healing))
Grok retrives his boulder, and goes to work opening the other door in the same fashion as the previous one.
Thurirl takes up a position to ambush anyone who investigates the noise.
Inside he finds a little room, with a few sleepign mats
Grok: ((no kid drake?))
TGU: ((no drake))
Thurirl goes still and silent, blending into the sha… oh, hey. The Ogre just moved ahead.
Grok: ((ogre doesn’t want them to get too far ahead))
TGU: ((btw, for the previous fight and this one, 150 XP!))
TGU: ((times 5))
Thurirl: ((I guess I was just trying to be sneaky =P))
TGU: ((So 750 XP each))
Grok looks for tracks in either direction, preferably signs of drake travel « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 »
Isabis heals vari for a few vitality
Malaina: ((How much?))
TGU: ((do you want to spend any action dice on that check?))
Isabis: ((how many rounds did I have beforeGrok started moving on?))
Grok: ((Sure, I’ll spend one))
Grok: ((however long it took him to break down other door))
Grok notices the sign of a dragging tail in the sands, three of them in fact ((this has been after you passed several side passages on the way here, of course))
Isabis: ((all 6 points, I think))
TGU: ((ok, she would’ve had time to heal Vari up))
Jamshid par-Bahadur searches the bodies of the goblins
Vari rumbles in thanks and gets up, going to follow after the others, anxious to find this yearling
Thurirl follows the ogre in case he needs back-up, or a stealthy scout.
Malaina follows as well, Halberd still in her hands
TGU: ((the tails trails lead down the passage to the left))
Isabis hurries afterGrok
There is another door, and beyond it a narrow passage. It’ll be uncomfortable forGrok and Vari, but they can just get through.
Grok attempts to open door by handle, or if that doesn’t work, with brute force
Grok:Grok looks around this new area for anything interesting.
You have discovered an underground river. Mists rise from it as if it has been heated.
There are flickering torches on the wall here, leading to the south
Malaina: ((Can Vari walk across the river?))
Grok:Grok looks for another way out
Grok can make out the tracks, and they lead into the river at that point
Vari tries to see if he can cross the river so he can take Mala with him
Thurirl wonders if the river is that warm or if magic is at work here.
The region is volcanic, it is not unreasonable to have warm underground waters.
Grok yells to Jamshid that the tracks lead this way, pulls out a rope and ties it around himself, and hands the other end to the others.
Isabis looks around for signs of which way the goblins went « 1d20+11 = 15 + 11 = 26 »
And the water is hot, but not boiling.
Vari steps into the water to see how deep it goes
TGU: ((hot tub hot))
Grok then jumps in and looks for an underwater tunnel
The river is deep in places, but where the goblins entered it’s only about a foot deep.
Vari makes sure Mala is on his back before crossing the river
Grok:Grok wades forward, and waves the rest onwards.
TGU: ((going to be sneaky at all?))
Grok: ((Grok doesn’t do sneaky))
Thurirl looks to follow the river along the shallow parts, watching the ogre to tell where it gets deeper.
Grok finds a larger cavern, nice and roomy, filled with goblin supplies. This must be the edge of their underground village
Grok waits for slower bipeds to catch up.
Thurirl finds the water to be to his liking. Caves can be so very cold at times.
Jamshid par-Bahadur checks the depth (using a javelin if the water isn’t clear enough to see the bottom by torchlight)
These caves are nice and warm
Isabis holds her bow over her head to avoid splashing
Malaina looks for any clues the baby drake was here
TGU: ((team notice check))
Isabis pays attention to her surroundings « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 »
Malaina: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 »
Isabis holds up a hand. You pause a moment, and can make out the sound of distant chanting in goblin.
Isabis hisses.
Malaina is fluent in it and tries to hear what they are saying
Thurirl is suddenly as still as the stone around him.
Isabis also speaks the relevant language
Malaina and Isabis can make out that it seems to be a ritual they use in the feeding upon the drakelings. It seems they haven’t yet, but are close to do so.
Malaina feels her eyes go wide, tightening her grip on her weapon, “Thats their feeding song! We need to hurry!”
Thurirl gives out a soft growl of disapproval.
Thurirl: ((toward the goblins =P))
Grok looks at Malaina questioningly
Isabis points “Agreed. That way in a hurry.”
Isabis suits action to words
Isabis cuts offGrok to make an attempt at being somewhat sneaky
Isabis sneaks into the next room « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 »
goblin notice « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 »
TGU: ((would Isabis like to spend an action die to boost her check?))
Jamshid par-Bahadur sneaks ahead as well
You enter a chamber, and before you are a bunch of goblins, and three young drakes. One goblin has a dagger to the throat of one of them, and another drake looks like you got here a momnet too late, the third is as yet unharmed and in less immidiate danger of throat cutting. But the goblins see you, it’s hard to miss an ogre…
Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 5

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 4

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk