Log 64

Main Page
Logs Index
Log 63

Yesterday was a busy day for our heroes; there was the presentation of hastily gathered references, the big boffer battle, the opening of a message probably hundreds of years old, and a little bit of historical angst.

  • Seiankornai had no angst!
  • Seiankornai is angst immune!
    This morning, you are reporting to the temple to find out what else the Hazelighters have in mind for people to whom they don’t want to give historical documents…
  • Jessaila has cleaned up her armor and clothing so she looks fresh and proper.
  • Vari still a bit shiny from his scale polishing
  • Seiankornai goes to get breakfast befroe the big activities for the day, and greets his companions.
    Inkeeper: “Here you are, breakfast-in-hand and boxed lunches for 8. Have a good day.”

Malaina: “Thank you, sorry for any trouble you had last night.”

  • Isabis digs out an egg sandwich to eat on the way to the temple.
  • Malaina nibbles on a few sausages
    Inkeeper: “Twas no trouble. Well, at least there was no damage, which is as much as a fellow can hope for when there’s fire magic involved.”
  • Seiankornai looks dubiously at the small boxed lunches
  • Inkeeper follows his glance
  • Thurirl joins the others as if he was there the whole time.
    Grok has connected.
    Inkeeper: “Well, you have to carry it, don’t you? Better than nothing, and the temple’s paying for it.”

Seiankornai: “Hello Thuriril, have a good sleep? You missed the excitement last night.”

Inkeeper: ((Welcome! All present and accounted for!))

Grok: ((Howdy all))

Malaina: “The temple? Did they bring the food?”

Seiankornai: ((hi Grok))

Jessaila: “Thank you for your consideration, friend Innkeep.”

Inkeeper: “Sent a messenger with instructions.”

  • Inkeeper shrugs at Malaina
    Inkeeper: “They do this, time to time. Usually when there’s trainees hanging around.”
  • Inkeeper gives you a shrewd look
  • Malaina looks down at the food and put the sausage back
    Inkeeper: “You don’t look like any hazelighter trainees I’ve ever seen, still less Dawnbringer initiates, but you never know.”

Inkeeper: “I reckon you’ll be playing hide and seek in the square. If you aren’t late in, that is.”

  • Thurirl overhears the conversation, glances at the lunch boxes, then takes a bite of jerky. He doesn’t look like he’s going to explain where he got it.
    Seiankornai: “We’re involved with the temple at the moment, but no, we’re not their usual guests I’d expect.”
  • Malaina closes the box of food, deciding to dig in her bag for her own food
    The Dawnbringers have no sympathy for late-night celebrations; you are due at the temple at, in fact, dawn.
    Jessaila: “Hide and seek in the square?”

Malaina: “I think we better get going.”

Inkeeper: ((Thurirl: since you are getting a Vessa-friendly lunch, it’s probale you could’ve gotten some jerky from the box.))

  • Inkeeper just winks at Jessaila, and adds “I’ve eyes in my head, but I’ll let them explain if that’s on the agenda.”
    Thurirl: ((You keep on thinking that. =P))

Malaina: ((If this is food from the temple, before a test we have to take, Mala will be eating her own food thank you.))

Jessaila: “Right then. Forward, friends!”

Seiankornai: ((this is Vessa territory, they ought to know what to serve them ))

  • Inkeeper packed the lunches and knows perfectly well that there is jerky in the vessa and drake boxes. It may not be just like your mother used to make, but its not plant- or dairy-contaminated, you may be sure.
  • Grok wonders why his lunch is so small
    Seiankornai: “Well, shall we be going back to the template before we’re too late?”
  • Inkeeper has lots of experience with drakes…not so much with ogres.
    Seiankornai: “Also good morning Grok.”

Seiankornai: *temple

Grok: “Grok head still fuzzy.”

Malaina: “Yes, lets get going.”

  • Jessaila is hovering about the door waiting to go.
  • Thurirl is keeping to his own food, though it’s hard to find a food bag on him. ‘Course, it’s hard to find him in the first place.
    Isabis: “Just start walking, they’ll get the idea.”
  • Malaina goes to join Jess
  • Vari follows after Mala
  • Seiankornai follows after the others
  • Isabis munches her sandwich but keeps up the pace. The sky is starting to lighten.
    Seiankornai: “Erg, much too early this, the sun’s not even out for warming.”

At the temple, you are brought before a small council of various Dawnbringer and Hazelighter leaders. Their expressions range from astonishment through thougtful, frustrated, and diplomatic poker-face.

  • Malaina doesn’t seem to impressed with the leaders either
  • Seiankornai gives them a flusihing, though slow, drake bow
  • Grok looks around for the one that knocked him out
    Seiankornai: “I trust the others that we dueled are doing well?”

The party you beat the daylights out of yesterday are not present

  • Jessaila is disappointed.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur bows deeply and takes his place
    Jessaila: “I wanted to apologize to the guy I hit in the face with my boomerang.”

Hazelighter Captain: “Recovering nicely, if rather stiff. You certainly made an impression out there.”

Jessaila: “He had some good moves and I wanted to see if I could talk it over and learn more from him.”

  • Thurirl stands near the others, though he is tempted to “disappear” again to see if anyone notices.
    Hazelighter Captain: "It’s not many that can knock down an equal number of Hazelighters. Likely if you look them up in a few days, you could find a few interested in some more instructional sparring.

Dawnbringer: “That said, your task for today, if you are still determined to gain access to Lady Snowblade’s Scroll, will be to enter the Path of Wisdom.”

  • Dawnbringer pauses dramatically
  • Thurirl wonders if this involves walking down a hallway while being preached at until one gives in.
  • Jessaila says “Dun dun dun!” dramatically… and perhaps too loudly.
  • Hazelighter Captain takes up the instructions, frowning slightly at Jessaila
  • Malaina archs an eyebrow at Jess
    Jessaila: “Oops, that was my outside voice. Shutting up now.”

Hazelighter Captain: "Just as wisdom does not seek us out, but we must work to find it, so also must you find the Gatekeeper of the Path of Wisdom. He awaits you in the square. You will know him by a copy of this key, which he wears on his belt and may not conceal.

  • Seiankornai rumbles, likely in amusement
  • Malaina shakes her head and turns to look back up at the leaders, folding her arms in front of her chest
  • Hazelighter Captain shows you a large “key to the city” style decorative key
  • Seiankornai evaluates how “shiny” it is
    Hazelighter Captain: “Once you set foot upon the Path of Wisdom, you must not depart from it, or you will fail the test. Besides being a truism, this is literally true of the Path of Wisdom test itself. You have been told.”
  • Hazelighter Captain sits down
    Seiankornai: “Is the path marked?”

Hazelighter Captain: “Find the gatekeeper, and all will become clear, I assure you.”

  • Accolyte whispers “Just don’t leave the building, it’s not that hard.”
  • Seiankornai winks at the acolyte
  • Jessaila nods in the wise elven manner.
  • Accolyte turns a bit red as he realizes he was heard.
  • Malaina nods as well
  • Thurirl thinks the others should be glad he was not drafted for this test…
    Seiankornai: “Well, let’s get this started then.”
  • Seiankornai looks around for a key here, besides the example
    The only key visible in the room is the example
  • Seiankornai walks out to the square
  • Grok follows him out
  • Jessaila also walks out to the square, though she thinks it’s more of a rectangle.
    The council gives you the silent treatment until you get the hint and set out.
    Isabis: “So…the square…meaning the market squae right across the street?”
  • Malaina heads out
  • Thurirl heads out into the square to keep an eye out.
  • Vari follows Mala
  • Grok starts looking for key
  • Seiankornai keeps his eyes out for shiny hoardables…there’s probably going to be a lot in the market square…
    Isabis: ((OK, so on this map, gray with red borders are tents, red with red borders are blankets or tarps covered with wares, and grey with black borders are actual solid walls.))

Grok: grasslands map?

Takeru: ((road map))

Seiankornai: ((Raod map; also can you come on Skype?))

Grok: just a min on skype

Jessaila: Elves are sneaky, and Jessaila is an elf. Therefore, Jessaila is sneaky. But she was raised by humans, so… « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Sneak

The square is surprisingly busy already; women with baskets bustle around and haggle over the price of eggs; merchants shout to the shoppers and at each other; the whole area is generally loud and busy.

  • Jamshid par-Bahadur stops by a few stalls to pick up some coffee and spices
  • Thurirl follows Jessaila’s example and decides to sneak around to see what he can find. « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » Sneak
    As you make your way north, you see that north of the central fountain is a stage – currently empty except for a fellow in businessman’s trousers, a hazelighter-gray shirt, and a belt with a Large Key on it!
  • Grok address the crowd. “Grok need key. Give grok key man.”
    Malaina: ((Does it look like the key we were shown?))
  • Seiankornai walks confidently through the street. He enjoys the few stares of awe he generates.
  • Hazelighter looks up, says something you can’t hear at this distance, and jumps down from the stage. You can’t see him over the crowds anymore
    Hazelighter: ((it looks right, yes. Well, it did; you can’t see it now.))
  • Isabis mutters “It would seem this particular ‘widsom’ is actively avoiding us.”
    Malaina: “Wonderful, so it’s a chase.”
  • Grok plows through crowd in his direction
    Seiankornai: “So it is… where’d Thurirl and Jess go? Thurirl I can understand, actually…”

Malaina: “Hehe, maybe they are going after him? Shall we take to the sky to see if we can spot him?”

  • Seiankornai follows after Grok, stating apologies for the ogre
  • Grok plans to move everyone and everything between him and the key dude
    Seiankornai: “Grok! Don’t be so pushy!”
  • Thurirl considers taking to the rooftops to keep an eye on the man. The dragons can be seen, but he won’t be.
  • Malaina tells Vari to stay there and if he sees the man with the key again, try to keep him in place
  • Thurirl attempts to climb up and see over the crowd. « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 » Athletics.
    Takeru: ((Quick! everybody split up!))

Seiankornai: “I think Vari and I should search from the air. Jess and Thurirl… can do whatever it is they’re doing. Grok, you keep an eye on the big roads. And the rest search between the tents. Sound good?”

Jamshid par-Bahadur: “excuse me, pardon me, excuse me ….. Grok?”

Grok: "Eh?

Jessaila: ((“EVERYBODY MOVE!”))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((got it))

Thurirl: ((I’m not sure if 17 is enough to get up on the roof. =P))

  • Hazelighter blends into the crowd ]1d20+7]
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » Notice
Malaina 1: « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » Notice
  • Hazelighter blends into the crowd « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 »
    Seiankornai: ((notice from the air! « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 »))
  • Grok attempts to notice « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 »
  • Hazelighter sees Seiankornai
  • Hazelighter ducks east
    Seiankornai: “THERE HE IS!”
  • Seiankornai wings over in his direction
  • Jessaila casts Whispers and aims it at Grok: “He’s coming your way!”
  • Malaina looks up at where she hears Seian and moves toward him
  • Thurirl climbs up a building and keeps a look out for the Hazelighter. « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » Notice.
  • Grok starts to climb up this building
  • Hazelighter blends into the crowd « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 »
    Seiankornai: ((notice from the air! « 1d20+11 = 12 + 11 = 23 »))
Malaina 1: « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » Notice
  • Grok attempts to notice as he climbs
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »

Grok: « 1d20+19 = 17 + 19 = 36 »

  • Thurirl is impressed with the Hazelighter’s abilities. However, his allies still have keen eyes, and are not hiding from him….
    Chances that the roof supports Grok : 15 out of 20 « 1d20 = 19 »
    That would be a “NO”
    Grok puts a leg through the tiles. Ouch. « 1d6 = 2 » “broken tiles digging into the leg” damage, and you must spend a round to free yourself.
  • Thurirl does not miss the ogre crashing through someone’s no doubt expensive roof. He hopes they have insurance that covers ogres imitating jolly, gift-bearing elves with a rotund appearance…
    Seiankornai: ((notice from the air! « 1d20+11 = 8 + 11 = 19 »))
  • Jessaila decides to completely change her tactics.
  • Grok pulls out leg, and looks from high ground for hazy. « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 »
  • Thurirl stays put to keep an eye on things. « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » Notice
  • Jessaila goes behind one of the buildings, ensuring as few people as possible see her, and casts Disguise Self.
    Malaina 1: « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » Notice
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 15 + 3 = 18 » Notice
Hazelighter: ((Jamshid, do you want to move this round?)) Hazelighter: ((Also, do you want to come on Skype?))
  • Jessaila now looks like a normal human peasant boy, complete with acne and wide-eyed stare at the big city.
    Hazelighter: ((OK, move again))
  • Jessaila emerges, ambling about looking at stuff.
  • Grok continues to scan for hazy. « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 »
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » Notice

Jamshid par-Bahadur: Notice 13 and moving through the crowd

Vari: « 1d20+3 = 12 + 3 = 15 » Notice

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((don’t see my token, is it on the map?))

Malaina 1: « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » Notice Hazelighter: ((go ahead and move Jamdhid’s token. Also, if you want Axhar to come out and help, you can just clear his state))

Malaina: ((Yep))

Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((as far as Skype goes, I’ll be logging off in 15 minutes or so unfortunately))

Hazelighter: ((ah, OK))
  • Thurirl keeps an eye out… again. « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 » Notice
    Thurirl 1: Spell Check: « 1d20+14 = 3 + 14 = 17 »

Thurirl sees the target
Thurirl: “Isabis! The target is to the west of you! In the half circle of rugs! Move!”

Isabis: « 1d20+13+2 = 1 + 13 + 2 = 16 » noticing the target? Isabis: “…where?”
  • Isabis tries to blend in at least
    Isabis: « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 »
Isabis: “Thurirl, I dont see him.”

Thurirl: “He’s looking at a carpet. Not far from you.”

Isabis: « 1d20+13+4 = 1 + 13 + 4 = 18 » Looking again
  • Jessaila ambles in a perambulatory country hick fashion up the main street, vaguely ignoring the food hawkers.
  • Grok jumps down, and looks around « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »
    Hazelighter: blend some more? « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »

Seiankornai: ((notice from the air! « 1d20+11 = 11 + 11 = 22 »))

Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Notice

Thurirl: “Isabis! Northeast tent! Go!”

Hazelighter: ((If everyone is done this round, on to the next))

Isabis: « 1d20+13+4 = 14 + 13 + 4 = 31 » Looking again
  • Seiankornai shouts “VARI! Fly fast over hear!”
    Isabis: “Hey! You with the key, Gatekeeper guy!”

Seiankornai: *here

Isabis: “STOP!”
  • Hazelighter looks like he is considering running
    Isabis: “Don’t make me get out the bird arrows again!”

Hazelighter: “…Please don’t. You’ll get the temple in trouble.”

Isabis: “Well quit running around and show us this path then!” Isabis: “HEY SEIANKORNAI!”
  • Thurirl does his best to inform the others of the Hazelighter’s position, as many as his magic will allow.
    HazelighteScout: “Daylight, that was fast. Maultean told me you lot were good, but yikes.”

HazelighteScout: ((out of round structure now, everyone may gather near the fountain))

Seiankornai: “We got him!”

  • HazelighteScout reluctantly follows Isabis back to the stage, where the rest of you eventually find them
    Grok: "Here key guy! Here key guy! Come to Grok!:
Isabis: “What happened to Grok’s pants leg? It looks like he waded through a scissors stand.”
  • Grok is currently lifting up rugs and looking under them
    shopkeepers: “Get out of there! Aiee, my pots! Get away! Call the guardsmen!”

Thurirl: “Forgive me. I do not believe I have yet learned Woanish. Could any of you who do cast Whispers and inform the ogre of our triumph?”

Grok: Again, Grok ignores these strange, foreign words.

Seiankornai: “Oh, sure.”

Pech Kid: (w) “Hey mister, are you playing hide and seek?”

Seiankornai: “GROK! WE CAUGHT HIM!”

Grok: W “Looking for key man. YOu see him?”

Grok: « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 »

  • Pech Kid looks waaaay up at the ogre…well, hey, /everyone/ is taller than a pech kic.
    Pech Kid: “Oh, yeah, I saw him on stage earlier. He just sits there sometimes.”

Pech Kid: “Then people from the temple come and chase him! It’s fun to watch, but I got in trouble once for helping. …oops. Bye, mister.”

  • Seiankornai contemplates whether the call was enough or if he should go out looking for the storm of chaos
  • Pech Kid runs off and hides behind his mom.
  • Jessaila ambles right up to the group, forgetting she disguised herself as a farm boy.
  • Grok watches him go, and wanders back towards the stage to check out what he just heard
  • Malaina looks at the boy strangely, “Can we help you?”
  • Grok sees the guy, and grabs him
    Seiankornai: “Ah, there’s Grok, now, where’s Jess I wonder.”

Hazelighter: “Ack! Put me…”

Grok: W “Found him!”

  • Jessaila glances up at Seian. “What?”
    Hazelighter: “Someone tell this nutcase to put me down!”

Seiankornai: “No! Grok! Put him down! We already found him!”

Hazelighter: “Is this all of you yet? I thought there was an elf in the group.”

  • Malaina goes up to the pimplely boy, “Is there something we can help you find?”
  • Hazelighter counts noses, including Jess but missing Thurirl. “Hmm, still one missing.”
    Jessaila: “Oh, you found him.”

Thurirl: “…perhaps we are all here already. Jessailla?”

Jessaila: “Oh. Right.”

Hazelighter: “Yipe! Er, ah, plus one Vessa, right.”

Thurirl: ((I figured it out because I’m Batman))

  • Jessaila drops her disguise.
    Hazelighter: “OK, the entrance tot he Path of Wisdom is this way.”

Malaina: “Geez Jess, next time less pimples.”

  • Thurirl tries not to look too smug.
  • Grok reluctantly lets him go, but keeps a close eye on him
    Jessaila: “Apparently the disguise worked, though not on the person I wanted it to work on.”
  • Hazelighter gets out a more normal-sized key and unlocks a door in the wall backing up to the market square. This…the side of some government building? Something like that.
  • Hazelighter bows and gestures inward, saying “Sunchasers, I present the Path of Wisdom. Watch your step.”
    Thurirl: “It would seem we are meant to enter.”

With that, the man jogs away and disappears into the crowd once again
Malaina: “Well, we made it this far.”

Isabis: “Well then. Bit short of words today, aren’t they?”

Seiankornai: “Let’s see what’s inside.”

  • Grok walks inside
    Jessaila: “Um, maybe time to check for traps?”
  • Thurirl follows the others.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » Notice

Thurirl: “I would expect traps will be active once our new trial has begun.”

Jessaila notices no traps in this room; what she does notice are five pairs of hooks on the wall, and a rack full of curtain rods (5) banners (5) and a large scroll (1)

  • Jessaila reads the scroll.
  • Grok attempts to break down the locked door.
    Seiankornai: “Don’t break anythign Grok, not yet at least.”

Grok bruises his fist. Stone-core. Ouch.
-1 vitality

  • Grok glares at stone door. He doesn’t like it.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((heading off for the night, see you all next week))
Isabis: ((OK, good night and hope you feel better))

Malaina: ((Night))

Jamshid par-Bahadur is disconnected.
The scroll says:
The banner with the golden rod belongs next to and south of the green banner.
The green banner belongs directly east of the red banner.
The black banner belongs on the west wall.
The violet banner belongs next to and south of the blue banner.
The black banner belongs further north than the banner with the silver rod.
The banner with the chestnut rod hangs next to and north of the banner with the ebony rod.

Isabis: “Just that? No, no directions or anything?”

Seiankornai: “Oh, a riddle, yay!”

Jessaila: “Oh, this should be easy.”
  • Grok pulls out his thinking cap
    You hear a loud click
    Seiankornai: “Haha!”

Malaina: “Good job!”

You hear a sustained sound of machinery.

  • Jessaila was a mother who did home decorating.
    The door opens a little bit, but the whirring does not stop
  • Seiankornai looks around
  • Jessaila looks for traps.
    Seiankornai: “Door!”
Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » Notice

Jessaila notices a trap!
or two…or three…or a dozen.
Isabis: Moving across the first 45º surface takes balance (acrobatics) checks vs 15 to move half one’s speed (per half action). At the top of the slope is a pit, surrounded by a narrow (balance 25) lip one could edge around. Jump checks are also possible (see pg. 69). The pit is 30’ deep, but can be climbed out via staggered-height poles near the exit corner (climb with balance checks vs. 10 to exit successfully). Remember that falling characters may attempt to break their falls with acrobatics as well, vs DC 20 for half damage (min 1 per 10 ft). Then there is the hall of cliched blade traps, which do subdual, but if they mark you red in a critical spot you are “dead” for purposes of the test. Tumble as to avoid enemies gets one through this. (again pg 69-70). Finally, there are narrow (DC 15) balance beams across the 20’ pit in the fourth section. The door is locked, and no key is provided.

Seiankornai: “Thurirl, you can levitate, correct?”

Vines grow all over a trellis on the north wall.
Isabis: (at least over the slope and pit; not so much where the blade traps are)

Thurirl: “That is correct. Why do you ask?”

Jessaila: It’s a good thing she’s flexible. « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » Acrobatics.
  • Jessaila goes straight up the slope.
  • Grok attempts to go up the slope as well
  • Seiankornai pushes Thurirl in, since he’s in the way
    Isabis: (balance to see if you get anywhere)

Grok: « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 »

Seiankornai: “Move it, Grok.”

Seiankornai: « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 » Acrobatics

  • Thurirl is rather rudely moved inside the next room.
    Isabis: “Oh, I’m gonna die.”

Seiankornai: “Hmm, elf tossing?”

  • Jessaila reaches the top, gets out her rope, and tosses it back down to Isabis.
  • Seiankornai does not say that in Woanish
    Jessaila: "Here, Isabis; I’ll anchor you.
  • Grok pulls out his cannon, and shoots the wall to make a hole
  • Isabis makes use of the rope with gratitude
  • Seiankornai tires leaping to the other side, using his wings to help glide
    Seiankornai: « !1d20+13 = !1 + 13 = 0 » acrobatics (Jump)

Seiankornai: « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » acrobatics (Jump)

Grok: ((btw, i do double damage to scenery with siege weapons, just so you know.))

Jessaila: “Isabis, do you want to go straight through and out, or by way of the edge ledge?”

Seian makes it across, then has to backwing to avoid a blade trap.

  • Seiankornai examines the blade trap
    Jessaila: “Anyone else needing help?”

Thurirl: “…why is the ogre pointing his… oh.”

Isabis: “Er….away from Grok, as far as possible…”

Grok: « 5d6+2 = 21 + 2 = 23 », and double this.

  • Jessaila heads towards the right-hand wall.
    Seiankornai: * Outside, the nearby merchants jump in surprise and shock at the sudden thunder of the cannon

walls have +14 and 2 saves

  • Walls of the Path of Wisdom save for « 1d20+14 = 12 + 14 = 26 » vs 33
    Grok makes a large dent and a shower of stone dust
    Seiankornai: “OW!!! GROK!!!”
  • Grok starts to reload.
  • Malaina just watching
  • Walls of the Path of Wisdom have a large crack now
  • Jessaila considers using her Drench spell on Grok’s gunpowder supply.
    Thurirl: “Someone stop that fool! This is not conducive to our performance!”

Seiankornai: “Not helping, Grok! You cna just jump over here!”

Jessaila: W “Grok, stop. If you destroy the Path of Wisdom, you’ll be billed for the damage and we’ll take it out of your food allowance.”

Seiankornai: W “No more Pech meals for several months!”

Isabis: “Seian, you’re taking up the landing ledge! Can you keep going?”

Grok: W “No food? Grok starve!”

Jessaila: W “Then no Grok cannon bang-bang smashie!”

Grok: W "Ok. If we only get out when marked by paint, why not cover in cloak or something, and then discard cloak with paint marks?

Grok: "

  • Jessaila gesticulates wildly. W “Grok big-jump over pit and gain great fame for great leap!”
  • Seiankornai tries wrecking the trap in front of him with FIRE! « 2d6+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 »
  • Grok examines the wood pilings. He wonders if he could use those to block the traps
  • Trap save for « 1d20+14 = 2 + 14 = 16 » vs 15
    Seiankornai: “…OK, I think this is a the spot for Grok’s cannon, this wall here.”
  • Seiankornai leaps back and hovers in the pit
    Seiankornai: W “Grok, blow the wall inside down, not the one outside.”
  • Thurirl is beginning to wonder whose idea it was to bring an ogre along to this…
  • Grok blows away at it
  • Jessaila facepalms.
    Grok: « 5d6+2 = 20 + 2 = 22 » times two
Jessaila: “Can I go through first? There might be, yanno, a switch on the other side…”
  • Wall save for « 1d20+14 = 3 + 14 = 17 » vs 32
  • Seiankornai couldn’t hear Jess over the roar of the cannon
  • Thurirl decides he should invest in ear plugs for the foreseeable future.
  • Grok reloads quicker with allies near.
  • Isabis retreats to a corner and covers her ears
  • Jessaila similarly retreats.
  • Seiankornai hovers, covering his ears
    Grok: and shoots again! « 5d6+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 »
  • Wall save for « 1d20+14 = 18 + 14 = 32 » vs 30
    Grok: « 5d6+2 = 12 + 2 = 14 » for one last shot
  • Wall save for « 1d20+14 = 9 + 14 = 23 » vs 24
    Wall: ((OK, everyone in the room needs fort vs 15 and reflex the same))

Thurirl: “Pardon me if I am scarce when it comes time to discuss the bill for damages.”

Thurirl 1: Fort Save: « 1d20+3 = 19 + 3 = 22 » Thurirl 1: Reflex Save: « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » Grok: Grok endures! « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 » Grok: Grok moves out of the way. « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 »

Seiankornai: Fort « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 », Ref « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 »

Isabis: reflex save is for half of « 2d6 = 7 » shrapnel damage
  • Grok now jumps across the pit « 1d20+19 = 9 + 19 = 28 »
    Isabis: fort « 1d20+4 = 16 + 4 = 20 » and reflex « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » Fort Jessaila: « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » Reflex
  • Jessaila curses her sensitive elvish ears.
  • Grok is now attempting to rip up a piling to use to block the traps
    Isabis: (Jessails is deaf for « 1d6 = 5 » minutes but unscathed by flying bits of stone)
  • Thurirl winces from the piece of rock that hits his shoulder.
  • Thurirl proceeds to curse rather freely in Vessa about “stupid, bumbling ogres”.
    Grok: « 1d20+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 »

Grok: action die « 1d6 = 1 »

Isabis: “…I can’t believe we’re letting Grok disable traps for us…”
  • Jessaila ponders just waiting until Grok’s plowed a pathway through this.
    Jessaila: “WHAT, ISABIS?”
Jessaila: “SPEAK UP PLEASE!”
  • Isabis winces at the yelling
    Seiankornai: “If anyone else want’s to try, fine with me.”

Grok: Grok finds the piling too tough. W “Bring me curtain rods to break traps”

Seiankornai: WUSE YOUR HEAD!”

  • Malaina winces as well, fighting the urge to yank Jess’ hair to get her to be quiet
    Seiankornai: “Can anyone disable traps?”
  • Jessaila doesn’t hear any more explosions, and so re-ascends the slope.
  • Jessaila yells. “I can disable traps!”
    Jessaila: It’s a good thing she’s flexible. « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » Acrobatics.
  • Grok scratches his head, pulls out his pickaxe, and attempts to catch the trap on the swing
  • Thurirl rather wishes he was anywhere but where the ogre is…
  • Jessaila reaches the edge of the pit and just jumps off the edge, casting featherfall on the way down.
    Trap: attack « 1d20+2 = 19 + 2 = 21 » vs Grok’s attack roll

Grok: « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 »

  • Trap save for « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 » vs 23
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 »
    Grok: « 1d6+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 » damage
  • Jessaila lands lightly on her feet on the floor of the pit.
  • Jessaila then ascends the posts at the exit.
  • Jessaila has been working out. « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 » Athletics
  • Grok gives Jess a hand when he notices here
    Jessaila: W “Thank you, Grok.”
  • Jessaila regards the hole. “I can get through that hole.”
  • Grok places a boulder on the floor where the trap comes from, to block it.
    Jessaila: ((Grok’s Rocks.))
  • Trap comes up under a largish rock, rolling it to one side
    You now have a throwing rock with a snazzy red stripe on one side
  • Grok puts it back, and sits on it!
  • Jessaila crawls through the hole.
  • Trap jolts Grok at 30 second intervals. Rather uncomfortable seat, really.
    Grok: while seated, grok uses pick to make hole bigger.
  • Jessaila looks for an ‘off’ switch.
    You don’t see a switch, only a platform leading to the next section
  • Isabis climbs back up the slope « 1d20+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » vs 15
  • Isabis falls back down the slope
    Isabis: “Erf. …your turn, Thurirl.”
  • Isabis goes to get a vine or three
    Seiankornai: “Grok, can you squeeze through, yet?”

Grok: ((On the balance beam, i suggest just crawling rather than standing on it.))

  • Grok continues to attack the wall with his pick
    Grok: W “Hole not big enough”
  • Thurirl just walks up the slope. « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » Acrobatics
    the hole gets gradually larger
  • Isabis tries again
  • Isabis climbs back up the slope « 1d20+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » vs 15
  • Jessaila looks into the next section, wary for traps.
  • Isabis falls back down the slope
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 9 + 10 = 19 » Notice

Jessaila sees no particular traps aside from the 20’ pit beneath the narrow beams

  • Isabis climbs back up the slope « 1d20+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » vs 15
  • Isabis falls back down the slope
  • Jessaila crawls back through the hole.
  • Isabis yanks three vines off the wall trellis and commences braiding them (craft,) « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 »
    Jessaila: “Okay guys, beyond this trap room is a series of balance beams. Are you having trouble, Isabis?”
Isabis: "Hey Seian, attach this to something useful will you?
  • Isabis throws seian the end of a vine-rope
    Grok: ((Hole big enough yet?))
  • Seiankornai holds on to the vine, still hovering
  • Thurirl attempts to sidle over to Grok, and hopefully not get hit by his pick swinging. « 1d20+12 = 8 + 12 = 20 » Acrobatics
  • Isabis climbs back up the slope « 1d20+3+4 = 4 + 3 + 4 = 11 » vs 15
  • Isabis gets tangled up in her own rope
    Isabis: “Oh for crying out LOUD!”
  • Grok stops swinging as Thurirl goes through
  • Thurirl wonders what deity Isabis offended today.
    Grok: ((Look, give the rope to me, and i’ll pull her up.))
  • Jessaila looks at the platform to see if there’s a place to tie off a rope for the balance beams.
  • Thurirl shouldn’t be wondering anything, because he just slipped. How clumsy of him.
    Thurirl: Acrobatics: « 1d20+12 = 3 + 12 = 15 »

Jessaila is disconnected.
Thurirl: ((time to log the session))

Thurirl takes falling damage « 2d6 = 5 »
Jessaila has connected.

  • Thurirl is finding it a bit hard to breathe for a moment. Probably due to the sudden rush of wind leaving his lungs upon impacting the floor.
    We will return to this comedy act next week.
    Game Saved
  • Grok wonders why Thurirl jumped in the pit
    Log Saved

Log 65

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 64

Sunchasers DH Moochi