Log 71

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 70

Dragonhawk: ((BRB, then init))
You whisper to Jessaila: you got it now
Jessaila whispers: Thanks
Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+9 = 2 + 9 = 11 »
Seiankornai: Init « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »

  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » Initiative.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » Initiative
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 13 + 10 = 23 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 »
    Dragonhawk: hazelighter captain « 1d20+11 = 8 + 11 = 19 » ; other hazelighters (scouts) « 1d20+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » ; zombie-things « 1d20+3 = 14 + 3 = 17 »
    Dragonhawk: Isabis « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 »
    Dragonhawk: dawnbringer pilgrims « 1d20+5 = 8 + 5 = 13 »
    Grok has received initiative.
    Grok has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: er, one moment
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage. If the attack check succeeds by 4 or more, an additional adjacent opponent is also hit
    Grok: skip the last part
    Dragonhawk: ((hold on, it’s Jessaila’s turn. The order was wrong))
    Seiankornai 1 has received initiative.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: ((also, PM-ing Jamshid’s player. I guess he just got home from work at 9:30pm, and wants to get to bed, but came on to tell me what happened.))
    Jessaila: ((Ah. He’s fine with us puppeting him?))
    Dragonhawk: ((Says an 8-armed character is fine with him ))
    Seiankornai: heh
    Dragonhawk: ((he’s get 7 more weapons and go with it, I’m sure))
    Dragonhawk: Anyway.
  • Jessaila casts a Polar Ray at the enemy. « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » spellcasting check; « 1d6 = 2 » damage. (19-20 threat range.)
    When last we saw our heroes, you had just noticed a group of rare undead, “Bloodghost Zombies,” rising out of the shallo water of the swamp. The are surrounding an island you need to cross to reach your destination, plus they have noticed you. The Moon, peeking above the horizon a bit before sunset, lights strange colored swirls in the murky water as the monsters jerk upright and start stuttering towards you..
    Dragonhawk: Jessaila, activating that crit? Rem. this is a wild-magic area
    Jessaila: ((I wasn’t aware it was a crit.))
    Seiankornai: “This isn’t part of the test, is it?”
    Jessaila: ((I’ll activate it, sure.))
    Dragonhawk: ((crit range is one higher, and that’s an 18, so yes))
    Thurirl: “It is very doubtful that it was intended to be.”
    Hazelighter Captain: “These weren’t here last time we came.”
    Jessaila: ((Oh, I need to move closer, though.))
    Hazelighter Captain: “But anything that happens is part of the test. Technically.”
    Player “self” is not connected.
    « 1d20 = 11 » watered on 1
    Dragonhawk: (wild magic effect « 1d6 = 4 »
    Jessaila’s spell unexpectedly forks, hitting a second target (of her choice)
    Seiankornai: ((is there only one zombie?))
    Dragonhawk: ((no…didn’t I make them visible?))
    Jessaila: ((I only see one.))
    More zombies stand up out of the shallows
    Jessaila: ((Is the range increment still applicable in this case?))
    Dragonhawk: Note: blue areas are definitely water, if not deep. Dark-cyan and grey outlines both indicate soggy marsh.
    Dragonhawk: ((you mean the fork? Yes.))
    Jessaila: ((Then it really doesn’t do anything, since I’ve got a 15’ range with the spell. Nothing else is in range.))
    Dragonhawk: ((unfortunate))
    Jessaila: ((Done, then.))
    Dragonhawk: ((done then? well, when I damage the zombie?))
    Dragonhawk: Zombe saves for « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » vs 11
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl decides to get close and slice up some undead.
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » for « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage.
    « 1d20 = 19 » watered on 1
    Thurirl splashes into the water and slashes the zombie.
    Dragonhawk: Roll 1d20 while I damage teh zombie please
    Dragonhawk: Zombe saves for « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » vs 15
    Thurirl: « 1d20 = 13 »
    Jessaila: ((Aw, c’mon!))
    A jolt of power goes through you (Thurirl). You are stunned, flat-footed until your next turn. Also, you feel…odd.
    Thurirl: ((sonuva…))
    Dragonhawk: Thurirl effect time: « 1d4 = 4 » weeks
    You whisper to Thurirl: Thurirl
    Jessaila: ((Aroo?))
    You whisper to Thurirl: You attract pack animals. Animals that run in packs, such as wolves and kodos, are magically convinced that you are the perfect alpha. They flock to you from as far as half a mile, follow you around, share their kills if any, and try to obey your commands. They defend you unquestioningly, and if you work at it a little, you may introduce your allies into the pack while it runs with you. They will begin moving towards you next turn
    Seiankornai: ((O_o?))
    Dragonhawk: (not the stun. Move right along)
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Thurirl: ((….. grins toothily ))
    Seiankornai: ((???))
    Malaina: ((Can I double move to get close enough?))
    Dragonhawk: ((yes, but it takes your whole turn))
    Malaina: ((Well, can’t do anything else, none of them are close enough for me to throw a Chakram))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK. You remain on dry land; Vari can go.))
    The rest of you saw a faint flash of light run up Thurirl’s spine.
    Malaina: ((I’m done))
    Isabis has received initiative.
    « 1d20 = 13 » watered on 1
  • Isabis moves out onto the soft portion and takes aim at an enemy.
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
  • Isabis damages zombie 36 for « 1d6 = 5 »
    Jessaila: ((Weee!))
    Dragonhawk: Zombe saves for « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » vs 12
    Jessaila: ((Stop saving, you thing! ))
    HazelighterCaptain: “Dawnbringers behind escorts! NOW!”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • HazelighterCaptain double-moves. Done.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur moves towards the battle line and hurls a javelin at the zombie.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » Javelin attack for « 1d8 = 2 » damage.
    HazelighterCaptain: ((same one?))
    Jessaila: ((Yes.))
    HazelighterCaptain: Zombe saves for « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » vs 16
  • HazelighterCaptain ‘s underlings move into defensive positions around the dawnbringers and wait for the enemy to close ranks a bit
    Dawnbringers: “Oh, Avva, spare us this day from these terrible abominations…”
    Grok has received initiative.
    Dawnbringers: ((NOW it’s Grok’s turn.))
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 17 + 13 = 30 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage. If the attack check succeeds by 4 or more, an additional adjacent opponent is also hit
    Grok: at zombie 16
    Dawnbringers: Zombe saves for « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » vs 22
    Jessaila: ((HA!))
  • Zombie 16 explodes! A choking cloud of spores spreads out from the remains of the fungus as the bones collapse.
    Grok: 2nd Javelin at zombie 69
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » damage.
    Zombie: Jessaila and malaina take « 1d6 = 5 » and make a fort save vs. 10
    Grok: sweet!
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 14 + 8 = 22 » Fortitude
    Thurirl: ((and me?))
  • Zombie 69 saves for « 1d20+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 » vs 17
    Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 16 + 6 = 22 » Fortitude
    Zombie: ((oh, what was I thinking? Thurirl and Jess, Mala’s out of range.))
    Zombie: ((the 5 is lethal-type damage))
    Jessaila: ((I was about to note that if Mala was in range, Isabis would also be.))
    Thurirl: Fort Reflex: « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
    Thurirl: ((…please tell me I can reroll that))
    Zombie: ((ouch. You are “sickened”))
  • Thurirl doesn’t feel too well…
    Seiankornai: ((you could action die it))
    Grok: ((done))
    Seiankornai 1 has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai moves up closer to the rest of the zombies, and shall use fire next time
    Seiankornai: ((done))
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    You hear howling in the distance.
    Jessaila: “Thurirl, you okay?”
  • Thurirl coughs and shakes his head… though that odd feeling is still present… the howling seems to… speak to him?
    Jessaila: ((Shakes yes, or shakes no?))
    Thurirl: ((that’d be a no))
    Jessaila: ((You want a heal?))
    Jessaila: ((Otherwise I’m moving forward.))
    Thurirl: ((if possible, though I don’t think I’m damaged yet))
    Jessaila: ((You took 5 damage.))
    Zombie: ((Oh, yes, from the explosion))
    Zombie: ((vitality damage)
    Seiankornai: ((probably not worth a heal yet, for just 5 damage))
    Thurirl: ((ah, I see))
    Thurirl: ((carry on then))
  • Jessaila moves across the stream, casting a spell while she does.
  • Jessaila casts Magic Weapon.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 »
    Jessaila splashes through a stream of color-swirled water. Roll 1d20
    Jessaila: « 1d20 = 17 »
    Zombie: ((Your spell works and behaves normally))
    You have barely set foot on land when that shock effect hits you; you are flat-footed until you next turn.
    Zombie: ((once more please, Jessaila))
    Jessaila: ((1d20? Okay « 1d20 = 10 » ))
    You whisper to Jessaila: Jess
    You whisper to Jessaila: You no longer breath. The zombies lose interest in you, since you are not a breathing creature.
    You whisper to Jessaila: your skin is now your gas-exchange organ for the duration, so you take double damage from burning or acid. Healing equal to full vitality or full wounds removes the effect by returning your organs to their normal states.
    Zombie: Jessaila effect duration: « 2d4 = 7 » weeks
    Jessaila whispers: This should be fascinating to discover in-character…
    You whisper to Jessaila: Like, next time you go to talk and realize there’s no air in there?
    You whisper to Jessaila: You CAN talk, but you have to draw breath on purpose for it; you don’t breath automatically until the effect wears off.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Dragonhawk: Thurirl, you are no longer stunned. Sickened yes, but the shock of whatever-that-was has worn off
  • Thurirl shakes out of it, though still feeling ill, considering striking zombies from range this time… with fire.
    The rest of you see the faint flash of light run up Jessaila’s spine as she exits the water.
    Malaina: “Jess, you ok?”
  • Jessaila turns and mouths something, then looks confused.
    Jessaila: “Y-yes.”
  • Thurirl can see at least two zombies and thinks he can guess where a third is… he makes with the fire…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 10 + 14 = 24 » Damage: Ray 1: « 1d4 = 2 » Ray 2: « 1d4 = 1 » Ray 3: « 1d4 = 3 »; AP 5)
    Dragonhawk: ((target numbers?))
    Thurirl: ((let’s go with 69, 35, and 37))
    Dragonhawk: Zombie 69 saves for « 1d20+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 » vs 18
    Seiankornai: ((Fwoom))
    Dragonhawk: Zombie 35 saves for « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » vs 13
    Jessaila: ((“I’m only gonna say this once. BOOYAH!”))
    Dragonhawk: Zombie 37 saves for « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » vs 11
    Two zombies explode harmlessly out of range of the party. Take that!
    Dragonhawk: ((one more action I think?))
    Thurirl: ((sure… join Jess on the island, if that’s okay))
    Dragonhawk: ((yeah))
  • Thurirl coughs and joins Jessaila on the other island… satisfied in his revenge.
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Malaina frowns, but runs through the water to join Thurirl and Jess, Halbred in hand, ready to dance
    You whisper to Malaina: splashes through the color-swirl stream; roll 1d20
    Malaina: !1d20
    Malaina splashes through the color-swirl stream; roll 1d20
    Malaina: ((Sorry, IRC moment right there))
    Malaina: « 1d20 = 7 »
    Dragonhawk: ((heh, I figured))
    Thurirl: ((it happens))
    Seiankornai: ((happens to us all ))
    Malaina is stunned; she is flat footed until her next turn. The rest of you see the (predictable by now) flash of light.
    You whisper to Malaina: You are photoreactive; in sunlight your strength score temporarily doubles but indoors and in darkness is temprarily halves. In bright moonlight your strength is normal (including the light from anyone/anything experiencing effect 19)
    Vari: « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ 37
    Isabis: “Are you guys sure you’re OK? There’s a weird light effect going on here…”
    Vari sensibly stands on the log bridge
  • Malaina feels herself shudder a bit
    Grok: “Water bad?”
  • Thurirl signals that he is more bothered by the spores he breathed in. Ow.
    Seiankornai: W “Not sure, it seems to do something to them, but they haven’t said.”
    Malaina: ((Did Vari hit?))
    Isabis: ((did you roll Vari’s damage?))
    Malaina: ((No, I wasn’t sure if his fire hit))
    Malaina: ((He is in the air))
    Isabis: ((Oh, yes, that’s a hit. These guys are really easy to hit.))
    Vari: « 2d6 = 3 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
    Strike that. Vari sensibly hovers OVER the log bridge.
    Grok: W “What smell bad?”
    Dragonhawk: Zombie 37 saves for « 1d20+4 = 10 + 4 = 14 » vs 13
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Isabis hesitates, nervous about the wild magic and the strange lights…but that’s definitely an evil, contagious undead over there, so…
    Isabis splashes through the stream and lets off an arrow at 95. « 1d20 = 9 »
    Isabis is spatially unstable. Whenever she takes damage, she is randomly teleported twice her movement in a random direction.
    Dragonhawk: Malaina effect duration: « 4d4 = 13 » days
    Isabis effect duration: « 4d4 = 8 » days
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 5 + 6 = 11 »
    Dragonhawk: ((and that’s a miss.))
    Dragonhawk: Isabis is stunned, flat footed until her next turn.
    Captain: “Well, ARE you sure you’re OK?”
    Isabis: “I…think so? The water gave me a jolt, but I feel fine now.”
    Captain: “Right. …to the bridge, everyone.”
    Thurirl: “Yes… bridge… coughcough …suggesting the water is more hazardous…”
  • Captain throws his bolas at 83, hitting « 1d20+12 = 11 + 12 = 23 » for possible « 1d6 = 4 »
    Captain: Zombie 83 saves for « 1d20+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 » vs 12
    Captain: Zombie 83 saves for « 1d20+ = 15 » vs 15 to avoid entanglement
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur wasn’t paying attention to that statement and runs through the stream anyway.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((I totally want to see what else happens. )) « 1d20 = 8 »
    Jamshid is wetted by the magical waters; roll 1d20
    Captain: Jamshid effect duration: « 4d4 = 11 » days
    You whisper to Jessaila: You-Jamshid attract insects. They swarm around, but not on, your person, occupying all adjacent squares. They do not harras you, but they attack any creature entering their square, requiring enemies to defeat a swarm before attacking you. May be problematic if you want to stay in an inn during the duration. They will become apparent starting next round.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((AHAHAHAHAHA.))
    Jamshid is stunned, as usual; flat-footed until next round and everyone else sees the light run up his spine.
  • Thurirl is suddenly reminded of the average speed of these abominations against nature.
  • Zombie 95 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Isabis; save vs 15 or sickened.
  • Zombie 68 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Malaina; save vs 15 or sickened.
    Malaina: ((Fort save, right?))
  • Zombie 83 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Jamshid; save vs 15 or sickened.
  • Zombie 82 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Jamshid; save vs 15 or sickened.
    Zombie: ((yes))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Fortitude
  • Zombie 11 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Seiankornai; save vs 15 or sickened.
    Jessaila: ((Save what, fort?))
    Zombie: ((yes))
  • Zombie 22 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Seian; save vs 15 or sickened.
  • Malaina coughs a bit, but waves her hand to get the spores out of her face
    Seiankornai: Fort « 1d20+11 = 12 + 11 = 23 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur saves (fort) « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 ».
    Isabis: Fort: « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 »
  • Seiankornai is already beginning to emit flames which catch the spores
  • Isabis feels sick.
    Isabis: “Cough – Thurirl’s right – cough -spores’re worse’n – hack, hack, cough -the water.”
  • Thurirl gives her a “I told you so” look.
    Hazelighters: “Gracious Avva, protect us from the curse upon these waters…”
    Grok has received initiative.
    Grok: W “Why de breath?”
    Grok: W “Thought they dead already.”
    Grok: at 37
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 6 + 10 = 16 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled. Anyone hit must make a Reflex Check, DC 20, or be entangled for 1 round.
    Grok: shoot, ignore that entangling part. don’t have that yet
    Hazelighters: Zombie 37 saves for « 1d20+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 » vs 21
    Hazelighters: ((one more action?))
    Grok: Yeah, hit 61
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 10 + 10 = 20 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
    Grok: ((done))
    Hazelighters: Zombie 61 saves for « 1d20+4 = 4 + 4 = 8 » vs 20
    Two more zombies explode. For saves for Jamshid
    Jessaila: ((Just one, or two?))
    Grok: ((don’t suppose they hurt each other>))
    Hazelighters: ((eh…I suppose))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » Fort #1, « 1d20+9 = 7 + 9 = 16 » Fort #2.
    Hazelighters: (two please, and damage: « 1d6 = 3 » « 1d6 = 4 »
    Grok: ((Reason why I was targetting a cluster))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((Think damage reduction eats both of those.))
    Hazelighters: ((OK))
    Hazelighters: Zombie 86 saves for « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » vs 13
    Hazelighters: Zombie 82 saves for « 1d20+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 » vs 13
    Seiankornai 1 has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai steps back from the zombies, then let’s ’em have it… in the FACE
    Fiery Breath! Hits « 1d20+10 = 8 + 10 = 18 » for « 2d6+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 » fire, DC 20 ref save for half
    Seiankornai: ((hitting both in front of me))
    Hazelighters: Zombie 22 saves for « 1d20+4 = 18 + 4 = 22 » vs 15
    Hazelighters: Zombie 11 saves for « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » vs 15
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((done))
    You hear louder howling
    Also hissing, and scuttling.
  • Thurirl is perturbed by the latter, but the former seems to raise his spirits for some reason…
  • Jessaila attacks the zombie in defense of Isabis.
  • Jessaila strikes out at the approaching enemy. (Ref save DC 15 to avoid « 1d10+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » damage.)
    Jessaila: ((Wait. That’s wrong.))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » tohit, « 1d10 = 5 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    Hazelighters: miss
    Jessaila: ((Okay, done. Irritating dice.))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Jessaila thinks something feels odd, but can’t put her finger on it yet.
    Some wild animals make themselves noticeable on the next island east.
    Pack: Howl! Hiss! Howl!
    Malaina: “Should we be concerned?!”
    Isabis: “Zom – cough, cough – zombies first!”
    You whisper to Thurirl: Kodos are pack animals too, and they are known to be in the area.
    You whisper to Thurirl: They wouldn’t normally run with wolves, but for you they’ll make an exception.
    Thurirl whispers: I remember. Just not sure what to do with ’em…
  • Thurirl feels… kinship… with the small pack.
    You whisper to Thurirl: You don’t have direct control of them. Shout and point is probably your best bet for the moment.
    Thurirl: “Fascinat—coughcoughcough
  • Thurirl decides to experiment, pointing to the zombie nearest himself. “KILL!”
    Dragonhawk: « 1d20 = 17 » « 1d20 = 11 » « 1d20 = 6 » « 1d20 = 5 » « 1d20 = 10 »
    Pack: “Ow! Owooo! HSSSSSS!”
  • Seiankornai glances over at Thurirl
    The pack animals are stunned by the water and pause to shake it off.
  • Thurirl shrugs and concentrates on freezing the zombie to make it less mobile…
    You whisper to Jessaila: You notice Kodo 3 doing the same thing you did; it goes to hiss, nothing happens, it looks confused.
  • Thurirl lets loose with a blast of arctic energy, giving his enemy a literal cold shoulder.
    Spellcasting « 1d20+14 = 5 + 14 = 19 » for Cold Damage « 1d6 = 4 »
    Thurirl: ((zed 68))
  • Jessaila looks at one of the kodos oddly.
    Pack: ((did that take the -2 into account? If not it fizzles.))
    Pack: ((oh, wait, NM, that’s for level 2 spells))
    Pack: Zombie 68 saves for « 1d20+4 = 6 + 4 = 10 » vs 12
    Thurirl: ((didn’t take the -2 in consideration, no))
    Pack: ((Talking and pointing are free actions. Got another action you want to take?))
  • Thurirl moves a bit closer to his new pack, as an Alpha should.
    Thurirl: ((i.e. I’ve no idea what else to do, so I’ll step over here =P))
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Pack: ((heh, OK))
    Thurir’s frozen zombie explodes, but with less than the usual force. Nobody is in range of it.
    Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach 1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) Skull Crack (Polearm Attack Trick): If the target is a standard character with a lower Wisdom score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save (damage isn’t rolled). @ 83
    Jessaila: ((Brb))
    Pack: crit threat
    Malaina: ((Hmmmm…..Skull Crack would probably kill it out right…))
    Pack: ((probably, their only good stat is str))
    Malaina: ((I’ll save my AD, Skull Crack is probably enough to destroy it))
    Vari: « 1d20
    6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ 11
    Zombie 83 explodes, hitting Malaina and Jamshid for « 1d6 = 2 »; they must roll fort vs 15
    Vari: ((ok, using an AD for that Crit))
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » Fortitude
    Vari’s zombie also explodes, but has nobody in range except it’s counterpart « 1d6 = 5 »
    Zombie: Zombie 22 saves for « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » vs 18
    Malaina: “Why did we have to run into exploding zombies?”
    Jessaila: ((Back.))
    Jamshid fort « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » vs 15
    Zombie: (Oh, WB. Should’ve waited a moment more for you)
    Jessaila: ((Nah, it’s fine.))
    Jessaila: ((You got the right numbers and beat the roll, so I’m good with that.))
    Zombie 22 explodes in chain reaction, damaging Seain for « 1d6 = 6 » and requiring him to roll fort vs 15
    Thurirl: “Such abominations… cough …always so… bothersome…”
    Seiankornai: Fort « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 » Fort
    Zombie: ((Done Malaina?))
    Malaina: ((Yep, I moved, attacked, killed a zombie, so did Vari, we are done!))
    Isabis has received initiative.
  • Iabis swaps bow for handclaws (one action) and takes a swipe at zombie 95, hitting « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » for possible damage « 1d6+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 »
    Iabis: Zombie 95 saves for « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » vs 12
    Iabis: ((we’ll stop at the bottom of this init round, btw.))
    The Hazelighters and Dawnbringers hold their positions.
    « 1d6 = 5 » fall on 1
    Captain: “Eugh. What’s going on here?”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Thurirl: “Combat.”
    Jamshid is slowly being surrounded by…bugs. That’s what’s going on here."
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur strikes out at the nearest zombie.
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks with saber, « 1d20+12 = 16 + 12 = 28 » for « 1d10 = 8 » damage]
    Captain: Zombie 82 saves for « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » vs 17
    Captain: (hit but not exploding yet)
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur strikes again
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+12 = 20 + 12 = 32 » for « 1d10 = 6 » damage
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((Take AD for the crit.))
    Swarm: ((OK))
  • Zombie 82 explodes for « 1d6 = 2 » and fort vs 15
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+9 = 15 + 9 = 24 » Fort
    Captain: fort: « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » vs 15
  • Captain is sickened
    Captain: ((but not explosive. O.o ))
    Captain: Zombie 14 saves for « 1d20+4 = 13 + 4 = 17 » vs 11
    Captain: Zombie 86 saves for « 1d20+4 = 20 + 4 = 24 » vs 14
    Grok has received initiative.
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage. Anyone hit must make a Reflex Check, DC 20, or be entangled for 1 round.
    Grok: at 86
    Captain: Zombie 86 saves for « 1d20+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » vs 20
    Grok: and at 14,
    Grok: Grok throws a chakram like a boss! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » to hit for « 1d8+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage.
    Captain: Zombie 14 saves for « 1d20+4 = 17 + 4 = 21 » vs 17
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Thurirl blinks as he swears the ogre just threw a wagon wheel at a zombie…
  • Zombie 95 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Isabis; save vs 15 or sickened.
  • Zombie 95 swipes at Isabis, hitting for « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » and possible damage « 1d4 = 1 »
  • Zombie 14 breathes a cloud of choking spores at Jamshid; save vs 15 or sickened.
  • Zombie 14 swipes at Jamshid, hitting for « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » and possible damage « 1d4 = 1 »
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+9 = 18 + 9 = 27 » Fort
  • Zombie 14 and 95 have the same problem, and it is called “armor”
  • MatureZombie attacks the Captain for « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » and « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 », doing possible « 1d6+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 » and/or « 1d6+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
    Grok: have to get to bed, g’night all.
    Malaina: ((Night))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: ((Gnight Grok.))
    Grok is disconnected.
    Seiankornai 1 has received initiative.
    Jessaila: ((Have fun storming the castle.))
    MatureZombie: ((last turn for the night))
    Malaina: ((Don’t worry, Vari is in the air))
    Jessaila: ((We can probably finish the combat, yes?))
    Malaina: ((Yea, there is like 3 of them left, I think we can take them out))
    MatureZombie: ((I promised people I’d end early. It’s too late for that already, but I can at least end soon.))
    MatureZombie: ((and the last one’s “Special” as in “Special NPC” and might take another round all by itself.))
  • Seiankornai runs under Vari, he should be high enough not to be affected, and summons fire all around him, catching the zombies (and maybe some bugs) but no one else
    Elemental Blast does « 2d8 = 11 » Fire damage to everyone caught in the 15ft blast, DC 18 ref save for half
    Seiankornai: (flying hop to the ground over there)
    Thurirl: ((To quote Spyro: “Mmm, barbecue!”))
    MatureZombie: refelx « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 » and other zombie « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
    MatureZombie: Zombie 14 saves for « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 » vs 22
  • Vari feels a bit of heat under his wings and belly, but doesn’t mind
    MatureZombie: ((Done for the night. Tune in next week for a round of “What did it do to you?” and the stirring conclusion of the trials.))
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 72

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 71

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk