Log 72

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 71

When last we saw our heroes, many of the sunchasers had braved the waters of the wild-magic vortex in service of keeping the temple folk safe. They better appreciate this!

The battle isn’t over, though things are winding down a bit; there are only three plague zombies left, though one of them seems to be especially tough, with larger leaf-scales and a heavier tread.
Dragonhawk: Jessaila is up in initiative.
Jessaila: ((Moment.))

  • Jessaila strikes out at the closest enemy.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » tohit, « 1d10 = 2 » for damage. Touche! (If your target is a standard character with a lower Dexterity score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save. 1/round.)
    Jessaila: ((ARGH!))
    Dragonhawk: ((misses of course. Try again?))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » tohit, « 1d10 = 9 » for damage.
  • BloodghostZombie saves for « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » vs 17
  • BloodghostZombie explodes!
    Jessaila: ((Yay. Oh wait…))
    BloodghostZombie: « 1d6 = 5 » and fort save.
    BloodghostZombie: vs 15
    Malaina: ((You forgot about the exploding part, huh?))
    Seiankornai: ((they’re like zombie Creepers!))
    Jessaila: « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » Fortitude
    Thurirl: ((except Creepers don’t explode when you kill ‘em))
    Malaina: ((Hehehehe))
    BloodghostZombie: ((Isabis is already infected, so saving again won’t help her))
    BloodghostZombie: pack animals save for « 1d20+3 = 13 + 3 = 16 » vs 15
    Seiankornai: ((yay))
    Malaina: ((Huzzah, Thurirl’s pack did it!))
    BloodghostZombie: … and for « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 » and « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » and « 1d20+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » vs 12 for health
    Thurirl: ((that’s my boys))
    Sadly, one of Thurirl’s pack kodos dies of the explosion, but none are infected with the plague.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Malaina: ((Nuuuuuuu!!))
    Seiankornai: ((noooo)))
    Thurirl: ((…darn it))
    Malaina: ((does the Darth Vader Nuuuuuu!!))
  • Thurirl looks around for more zombies. He also tries to get the pack to look for them as well, in case they can find them better.
    Thurirl: ((wait, we still have a couple near Jamshid…))
    Seiankornai: ((and me >: ) ))
    Seiankornai: ((and Vari))
    The pack sees more of the bad explodey things and the pack leader gesturing them that way, and takes a hint. Protect the pack leader!
  • Thurirl considers more fire… good for dealing with the undead…
  • Malaina wonders if she should be worried there is a wolf so very close to her right now
    Wolf: “Grrrrr.”
  • Malaina gives Thurirl a very severe frown of disapproval
    Wolf: “grrrRRRR!” (Bad look! Get away from Pack Leader!)
  • Thurirl does his best to indicate Malaina and the rest are part of the pack as well.
  • Thurirl adds in his best snarl.
  • Jessaila asks “What are all these animals doing here?” but no sound comes out, so she justs mouths it and nobody notices.
  • Wolf is confused, but stops growling for the moment
  • Malaina sighs but goes back to the fight
    Wolf: (one action spent attempting to convey ideas that can’t be conveyed with simple gestures; one action remaining to cast.)
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 2 + 14 = 16 » Damage: Ray 1: « 1d4 = 2 » Ray 2: « 1d4 = 1 » Ray 3: « 1d4 = 2 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((aiming at the northern-most until he either blows up or all three hit))
    Seiankornai: ((isn’t it 2d4 per ray?))
    Thurirl: ((heck if I know))
    Wolf: ((ah, one moment…))
    Seiankornai: ((oh, nvm, it is 1d4 per ray))
    Wolf: ((I think it’s a casting fumble, hold on.))
    Seiankornai: ((but a ray per two casting levels))
    Wolf: ((yeah, error range is doubled along with threat range, so a 2 fumbles.))
    Thurirl: ((darn))
    Wolf: critical wild magic « 1d6 = 4 »
    Wolf: ((did you use spell points to cast that?))
    Seiankornai: ((I don’t think he has any other way of casting it))
    Wolf: ((I mean, it’s not a cantrip right? Level 2?))
    Thurirl’s spell blows up in his face, doing « 2d6 = 9 » damage
    Thurirl: ((Not a cantrip, no))
    Seiankornai: ((ouch))
  • Thurirl looks a little singed, and hopes this doesn’t affect his standing in the pack.
    …and startling the pack.
    Wolf: “Yip!”
    Wolf: “Arp!”
  • Malaina will be having words with Thurirl later
    Malaina has received initiative.
  • Thurirl tries not to show pain or weakness… which is easier with the latter than the former. Ow.
    Wolf: ((BRB))
    Malaina: ((Should I do my thing?))
    Thurirl: ((Sure. Might impress the pack. =P =) ))
    Seiankornai: ((actually, lizards are pretty good at not showing pain/weakness))
    Seiankornai: ((makes it hard to know when to take them to the vet sometimes ))
    Wolf: ((Back))
    Malaina: « 1d20+11+9 = 12 + 11 + 9 = 32 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach 1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes) Skull Crack (Polearm Attack Trick): If the target is a standard character with a lower Wisdom score than yours, he immediately fails his Damage save (damage isn’t rolled).
    Wolf: hit
    Malaina: ((Does Skull Crack do anything?))
    Wolf: ((To the mature on? No, not a standard character.))
    Malaina: « 1d10
    2+9 = 5 + 2 + 9 = 16 » Halberd Damage (GM roll for Bleed)
    Vari: « 1d20+6 = 8 + 6 = 14 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ 14
    Wolf: ((this skeletal undead doesn’t bleed, though you damage the fungus a bit.))
    Malaina: ((Ok, if Vari didn’t hit, I am done))
    Seiankornai: ((undead are specifically immune to bleeding))
    Wolf: ((Vari just hit))
    Vari: « 2d6 = 9 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
  • BloodGhost Zombie 14 explodes (that’s a save it can’t make, 1d20+4 vs 27)
    BloodGhost Zombie: Jamshid must make a fort save; explosion damage is « 1d6 = 1 »
    BloodGhost Zombie: ((it’s a dud zombied ))
    Thurirl: ((just kinda splatters and falls apart))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+9 = 3 + 9 = 12 » Fort
    BloodGhost Zombie: ((fails vs 15))
    Isabis has received initiative.
    BloodGhost Zombie: ((a reminder, that means he is sickened, -2 to most rolls))
    Jessaila: ((Okay, thanks.))
  • Isabis is currently finding the results of teh zombies a lot more dangerous than the water – she hasn’t noticed an actual effect from the water yet – and she’s nervous about the wolves, so she decides to circle around south of Grok and come at the battle from a more useful angle.
    Re-entering the water, Isabis is zapped by the wild-magic again « 1d20 = 19 »
  • Isabis begins to glow
    Seiankornai: ((looks like Mala entered the water again too))
    Seiankornai: ((or is it the first time?))
    Malaina (The DM belated notices) is similarly re-zapped: « 1d20+1 = 9 + 1 = 10 »
    Malaina: ((I entered in again to get to the Mature Zombie, I wasn’t sure if those bugs would attack))
    You whisper to Malaina: Everything in your posession turns sliver/grey. Metals, for the most part, turn into actual silver (hard on weaponry, admittedly). Your pendant merely turns grey in color, which does not affect it’s overall condition or magic otherwise.
    You whisper to Malaina: You may sell your weapon for its weight in silver when you next get to a town, but a sharp edge will be blunted by the fight, rendering it useless afterward.
    All of Malaina’s gear turns a slivery-grey color. How odd.
    Seiankornai: ((the silver maiden?))
    Malaina: ((Great, I’m out of the fight))
    Seiankornai: ((how come?))
    Isabis: ((You can attack once per weapon before the softening does them in.))
    Malaina: ((I’ll be switching the Long Sword))
    Grok: Not much of a fight left, really
    Seiankornai: ((true))
    Isabis: ((that’s magical, right? It’s not affected beyond coloration/decoration))
    Malaina: ((Yes, Long Sword is a Magic Weapon))
    You whisper to Malaina: Also, you will be glad to know that Isabis’s glow counts as moonlight for purposes of you “photoreactive” condition
  • Malaina groans as she gets ready to put up her Halbred and unsheath her Long Sword
    Isabis: oh, I forgot: Isabis effect #2 time: « 2d4 = 6 » weeks
    Malaina: ((I am guessing Mala doesn’t have an effect time?))
    Isabis: ((no, it’s “instantaneous”))
    Malaina: ((Whew!))
    Malaina: ((Ok, sorry to hold you up!))
  • Isabis is zapped and won’t move until next turn
  • Captain attacks the Mature Zombie
  • Captain attacks MatureZombie with his staff, hitting « 1d20+14 = 17 + 14 = 31 » for possible damage « 1d8+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 »
  • Captain attacks MatureZombie with his staff, hitting « 1d20+14 = 11 + 14 = 25 » for possible damage « 1d8+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 »
    Captain: ((whoo, zero vitality!)
    Malaina: ((Woo, good job Cappin!))
  • MatureZombie attacks the Captain back!
  • MatureZombie breathes a spore-cloud at the captain, not realizing he’s already infected, then tail-slaps him hitting « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » for possible « 1d8+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 »
  • MatureZombie misses
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: ((the zombie has a tail O_o ))
    Seiankornai: ((oh right, Vessa zombies))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur moves closer TO THE ATTACKING OF THINGS!
    MatureZombie: ((Shamelessly abusing the gitts of its stolen skeleton, yes.))
    Malaina: “Why are there so many bugs around you?!”
    You whisper to Jessaila: jamshid doesn’t know
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur attacks with saber, « 1d20+12 = 3 + 12 = 15 » for « 1d10 = 5 » damage
    MatureZombie: hit
    Thurirl: “The water is filled with wild magic! If you have not stepped in, walk around it!”
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur sounds like he’s freaking out a wee bit. “I don’t know! I don’t know!”
    MatureZombie: ((zombie takes damage))
    MatureZombie: ((one more action))
    Malaina: ((Set the bugs on it?))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur saber-strikes again. « 1d20+12 = 7 + 12 = 19 » for « 1d10 = 7 » damage.
    MatureZombie: ((bugs don’t really take directions well ))
  • MatureZombie is starting to come apart a bit…
    Grok has received initiative.
    Dawnbringers: “Oh great Avva, preserve us from these terrible explosions.”
  • Grok throws a rock at mature zombie.
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 7 + 10 = 17 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
    The party being protected wisely stays away from the parties doing battle
  • Thurirl thinks a shield would do a slightly better job at protecting them.
  • Mature Zombie is destroyed….
    Mature Zombie: ((explding at the end of Grok’s turn. Grok, you have another action?))
  • Grok looks for more things to throw, and more things to throw at. Unfortunately, he finds neither.
    Grok: ((done))
    Grok: Go boom boom!
  • Mature Zombie explodes, doing « 2d6 = 7 » damage and forcing fort saves from Malaina and Seian. Fortunately, it is at least no more toxic than the others. (save vs 15)
    Malaina: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Fortitude
  • Malaina doesn’t take too much damage thanks to her armor, but makes sure to cover her face with her arm
  • Grok wrinkles his overly large nose at his slime encrusted companions. And they said things about him needing a bath.
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+11 = 18 + 11 = 29 » Fort
  • Seiankornai and Mala are tough!
    End Initiative
    Mature Zombie: ((wild magic of course does not end.))
    Malaina: “Exploding zombies….it had to be…exploding zombies…”
  • Seiankornai experimentally steps into the water
    Isabis: “I’m … glowing. Why am I glowing? I hope this lasts long enough to study properly.”
    Grok: W “Zombies go boom? You no mention that.”
  • Vari doesn’t listen when Mala tells him not to land in the water and lands in the water, wanting to chekc up on her
    Seain is zapped, and gets effect « 1d20 = 11 »
    Dragonhawk: ((HA!))
  • Jessaila makes attempts to talk again.
    Malaina: ((Oh dear))
    Seiankornai effect length « 1d4 = 4 » weeks
    You whisper to Seiankornai: You are the center of your world. Whenever you move, people (and “people”) around you also move. With a will check vs 15, you can decide which people, from the options “enemies, allies, and/or bystanders.” You can exclude or include specific individuals if your will check exceeded 25. If you do not attempt to concentrate on moving specific groups, or if you fail your check, the GM rolls secretly to determine who is moved. If you walk someone into a barrier, they take 1d4 damage from impact and are pinned against the barrier until you stop moving. If you walk someone off a step (or a cliff…) they fall when you stop moving.
  • Malaina actually starts to shove him a bit….and he actually moves, even though his claws are digging into the mud
  • Jessaila makes no sounds, then takes a deep breath. “Icantbreathbutitseemstobeokayanyway.”
    Isabis’s effect: You glow like Moru herself. You provide bright light out to 60’ and dim to 120’. You cannot turn this off, and it seems to be “catching,” insomuch as anything that remainsin contact with you for more than 5 min. also starts glowing and continues until the spell wears off of YOU. +1 defense, diplomacy, intimidate.
  • Seiankornai steps away from the water
  • Jessaila follows Isabis and accidentally steps in the water again.
    Malaina: ((Vari also stepped into the water))
    Thurirl: “Fascinating. These must be random effects from touching the water. We should take care not to walk through it more than once.”
    Suddenly you all fly 10’ in the direction Seain moved!
  • Seiankornai blinks
    Malaina: “What just happened?!”
    Grok finds himself in the air over the water, then splashes down into it. Effect « 1d20 = 13 »
  • Jessaila airlessly shrieks as she falls into the water again.
  • Thurirl almost goes sliding into the mud.
    Malaina: ((I am stuck under a swarm!))
    Thurirl: “…fascinating. Also, alarming. Please do not do that again.”
    You whisper to Grok: You attract pack animals. Animals that run in packs, such as wolves and kodos, are magically convinced that you are the perfect alpha. They flock to you from as far as half a mile, follow you around, share their kills if any, and try to obey your commands. They defend you unquestioningly, and if you work at it a little, you may introduce your allies into the pack while it runs with you. Pack animals in sight of both you and Thurirl are conflicted, and may follow either one of you.
    Grok: ((not fair! I’m careful enough to avoid all water and bugs, and then get hit by telekinesis. So give me a good power.))
    Dragonhawk: ((you want to roll again? I’ll let you once, if you don’t like having a duplicate.))
    Thurirl: ((so did Vari touch the water before Seian or did he get pushed away?))
    Grok: ((Let’s go for something else.
    Thurirl: ((Duplicate?!))
    Malaina: ((Varia landed into the water yes))
    Grok: ((Don’t like duplicate.))
    Vari and Jessaila are also watered, Vari before and Jessaila after in the same manner as Grok.
    Thurirl: ((You want more ogres throwing things?!))
    Grok no-dupes « 1d20 = 15 », Jessaila « 1d20+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 », Vari « 1d20 = 16 »
    Grok: ((I had the power of someone else already had.))
    Thurirl: ((oh))
    Dragonhawk: ((13 is popular…Jessaila, how do you feel, you want a non-duplicate?))
    Jessaila: ((No duplicates, please. ))
    You whisper to Grok: OK, Your armor (or clothing if not wearing armor, or most nearly clothing-like gear if going drakishly nude) comes to life and begins trash-talking your enemies. Whenever you take a hit, your opponent suffers 1d4 stress damage from the armor’s verbal abuse. However, it is equally rude to you, and when you miss, your armor distracts you with more verbal abuse, giving you -2 to defense until you hit or are hit (either shutting it up, or giving it a better target).
    Seiankornai whispers: was hoping for the turn into a liquid one, and then it could look like lava!
    Seiankornai: ((roll a smalller die, for the number of effects that haven’t happened yet))
    Grok whispers: does it speak Woanish?
    Jessaila no-dupes « 1d20+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 » alt « 1d20+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 »
    Grok: ha!
    Malaina: ((Wow, 13 is popular))
    Seiankornai: (( O_o ))
    Seiankornai: ((13, a lucky number? ))
    You whisper to Grok: It speaks whatever language it needs to to be understood, magic being magic
    Jessaila no-dupes « 1d20+1 = 4 + 1 = 5 » alt « 1d20+1 = 20 + 1 = 21 »
    Grok whispers: Cool. I’ll have fun with this.
    You whisper to Jessaila: You sprout leaves like scales. You conduct photosynthesis, reducing your need for food to one meal a week but making you thirsty. Bloodghost minions are oddly afraid of you (+2 to threaten, intimidate, or otherwise frighten them). If you had hair, it falls out, though it will regrow when the leaves fall in a few days. This does not affect your skin-lungs.
    Jessaila effect time « 1d4 = 3 » days
    You whisper to Malaina: Vari’s Effect: You suddenly become twins. Both of you are “you;” your memories conflate when you sleep. While awake, however, you act independently of each other. Gear worn or carried is duplicated along with you ONLY if it is non-magical.
    Malaina: “WHY ARE THERE TWO OF YOU?!”
    Vari effect time « 2d4 = 5 » weeks
    Jessaila whispers: I thought Mala got photosynthesis?
  • Vari looks at his other self
    Seiankornai: “These waters are…. strange, and powerful.”
  • Vari looks at himself….and then slowly creeps towards Mala
    You whisper to Malaina: is photoreactive, but that’s different. It’s not light => food, it’s light => strong and dark => weakness
    Thurirl: “And chaotic. As much as I would like to experiment with the effects, it would be wise to remain away from the source until we can complete our mission.”
  • Malaina watchs as the twin drakes seem to have some kind of sissy slap/claw fight against each other, yelling they are carrying her, no, they are carrying her!
    The Dawnbringers think you are all NUTS for the record, and commence trying to walk across the bridge without falling in. Helping each other, they are fine as long as Seian doesn’t move…
  • Jessaila creeps out of the water, looking… leafy.
  • Seiankornai stands very still, “I probably shouldn’t fly.”
  • Malaina feels she has lost her mind, trying to ignore the whiny roaring
    Malaina: “Yea, that is probably a very good idea….”
    Jessaila: “I want to go on record as saying ‘BLEEEP!’”
    Seiankornai: “Oh, you can talk.”
    Malaina: ((Did she say that or mouth that?))
    Thurirl: “That would be advisable. I do not believe we would obtain your vertical position for more than a few moments.”
    Jessaila: “Only when I take a breath to use to talk!”
    Hazelighter: “Mr. Seiankornai, would you kindly walk us over to that hut now?”
    Captain: “WAIT!”
    Seiankornai: “Umm, ok, maybe I can try to concnetraite on who moves…”
    Captain: “Let the rest of us get over here first!”
    Seiankornai: ((Will Save « 1d20+5 = 9 + 5 = 14 »))
  • Jessaila is growing leaves like scales, and appears less happy about it.
    Thurirl: “Agreed. I would rather not be slammed into a tree.”
  • Seiankornai takes a 5ft step in a safe direction
  • Vari has his head pressed against his twins, both of them growling at each other
    Captain: “Erf. Be careful, drake!”
    Grok: W “Go in air. Grok wanna fly!”
    Captain: cough cough
    Captain: “ergh. I really cough don’ feel good.”
  • Jessaila tries a heal spell on the cappy.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
  • Thurirl remembers his own ailment and looks for healing if he can’t do it himself.
  • Seiankornai tties fluttering up 5ft and moving towards the hut with his “passengers”
  • Seiankornai then settles down
    Thurirl: ((oh no))
    Grok: W “Faster! Higher!”
    Magic heals the damage from the fight, but most healing spells aren’t formulated right to take the disease out of your lungs
  • Thurirl braces for it and…. nothing… happens?
    The sun is setting below the treeline as Seian practices selective movements. Jamshid’s confused insects find him again.
    Thurirl: “…strange. I almost thought it would be a random and uncontrolled effect on all of us.”
    Seiankornai: "It’s a difficult to control effect, but still controlable
    Isabis: “I guess it’s not quite that wild?”
  • Malaina sighs and tries to tell the two drakes to cut it out, they can take turns, but suddenly she feels like everything she has on is suddenly much too heavy for her and she collapses to the ground.
    Isabis: “Malaina! What’s cough wrong?”
    Malaina: “I don’t know, everything is suddenly so heavy!”
  • Malaina groans when both drakes go into some kind of panic around her…and then start to fight about who can carry her
    Thurirl: “Are you cough… are you all right?”
  • Malaina tries to sit up, is only able to get up to her elbows
  • Jessaila comes over to Mala.
    Jessaila: “It looks like all your gear turned to… uh, metal?”
    You whisper to Malaina: you could stand without your pack, probably.
  • Seiankornai looks over at Mala with concern, stays still
    Malaina: “Yea, silver…I am going to have to do something about that when we get to the city.”
    Jessaila: “Um.”
    Jessaila: “Need to borrow some clothes?”
  • Malaina slips her pack off and slowly stands up
    Malaina: “No, I think I am fine now…but my bag has never been that heavy before!”
    Thurirl: “Hmm. If it does not return to normal, we might be able to profit from this misfortune.”
    Isabis: ((Let the record show that ALL her gear is not metal. It’s all silver-COLORED, but only the stuff that was metal already has turned to pure silver.))
  • Vari snatchs the pack before the other can get it and sticks his tongue out at the other
    Thurirl: ((ah))
    Vari: ((Which means Mala has a pure silver whistle now))
    Isabis: ((heh))
    Jessaila: ((Ah.))
    Seiankornai: ((heh, Vari is still a kid, isn’t he? ))
    Malaina: ((Both of them are))
    Isabis: ((both of him are ))
    Malaina: ((Heheheh)
    Grok: ((Boy, there goes the food bill.))
    While you discuss Malain, more bugs, kodos, and wolves gather
  • Vari gets Mala onto his saddle and sticks his tongue out at the other, giving the other a smug look that says ‘Ha, I got her onto my saddle first, so I win!’
  • Isabis comes over to see if she can help, eventually working her way around the Varis to a place where she can actually see what’s going on.
  • Malaina starts to feel better when Isabis is closer, like she is herself again
    You whisper to Malaina: You want to be within 60’ and line-of-sight when there’s no other sunlight or moonlight available
    Thurirl: “Jamshid and I seem to have developed our own followings.”
  • Jessaila is a very leafy version of herself, thanks to the Seian-inspired second dunking in the river.
    Malaina: “I am guessing Jamshid has so many bugs because of the water, am I right?”
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: “MAKE THEM GO AWAY!”
  • Isabis glows like Moru herself, lighting a wide circle
  • Malaina slides off Vari’s saddle and works her way so she is closer to Isabis, both Varis trying to follow
  • Bugs do not go away, but they stay carefully out of Jamshid’s personal space (that is, his 5’ square )
    Malaina: “Thurirl….please kindly call your…pack a bit away from me, please?”
  • Wolf whines, eyeing the Pack Leader.
    Malaina: “This is going to make getting a place to stay at an inn very interesting.”
  • Thurirl nods and does his best to indicate the pack should move to the north end of the island.
    Jessaila: “I hope this isn’t permanent.”
    Thurirl: “I must express my gratitude for this excursion, Captain. It has proven far more intriguing than I anticipated.”
    The kodos camp together and hiss at the wolves; the wolves divide themselves by silver and black races and growl at each other and the kodos.
    Malaina: “I think we better find out a way to treat those that are sick….and find out where to keep Jamshid.”
    Captain: “You’re (cough) welcome. It’s been stranger than I expected too.”
  • Seiankornai finds a comfortable spot without moving people too much, then settles down
    Jessaila: “We also need to figure out how to treat everyone who was injured.”
  • Captain misses the last jump to the camp in a fit of caughing, and takes on effect « 1d20 = 3 »
  • Captain stops coughing
    Captain: "Hey, that’s…interesting.
  • Thurirl does his best to threaten and bluff the pack into getting along, or at least not attacking each other, though the coughing makes it difficult to snarl properly.
    Malaina: “…..oh dear.”
    Malaina: ((Is there any way we can treat the disease?))
    Malaina: ((Or does it have to run it’s course?))
  • Captain coughs experimentally, and a pale vapor comes out of his mouth. A nearby stick gets up and dances away.
    Seiankornai: ((Kodos: “Alpha is like US not you silly wolves.”))
    Malaina: ((lol))
    Malaina: ((Did Isabis move without Mala?))
    Thurirl: ((Alpha: “I don’t care! You all get along, or I’ll come over and whip the lot of you!”))
    Captains effect: Your breath becomes magical. At will, but no less often than once an hour (including while you sleep) you emit a 15’ cone of vapor that heals living creatures (1d6+CON vitality or 1 wound), damages undead (same, reflex half), and briefly animates small objects (lasting 1d100 minutes). Animated objects are friendly but not smart and do not obey orders as such.
  • Malaina climbs into one of the Vari’s saddle, but looks to the darkening sky, knowing they would have to stop and rest since neither would do good at night.
    Captain: ((apparently so, Malaina.))
    Captain: ((Isabis hasn’t realized she’s important to Mala that way, yet.))
    Malaina: ((It’s ok, her pack is off and she has her choice of mounts))
    Seiankornai: “Well, Vari, now you should be able to full encircle Mala with your two bodies. Protect her together from everything while we sleep.”
  • Vari both nods in agreement, though both are still in competition for attention
  • Thurirl hears the word “sleep” and realizes his own sleeping arrangements are going to be complicated.
    Seiankornai: ((one Vari gets left hand scritches, ther other right hand scritches))
    Malaina: ((Like I said, a month long headache))
    Seiankornai: “I’d probably better find the most comfortable sleeping spot.”
    Judicious experimentation by the dawnbringers proves that the captain now has a healing “breath weapon,” but it does not cure the disease on anyone else. The rest of the infected must make fort saves vs. 15 or “cheat death”
  • Jessaila is eyeing the stream, being… thirsty…
    Malaina: “No Jess, I have some water in my bag.”
    Isabis: get better? « 1d20+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 »
    Malaina: ((Yay!))
    Jamshid par-Bahadur: « 1d20+9 = 17 + 9 = 26 » Fort
    Thurirl: Fort Reflex: « 1d20+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 »
    Isabis: ((ooh. bad.))
    Thurirl: ((oh heck))
    Seiankornai: ((AD it?))
    Malaina: ((would 2 AD help?))
    Jessaila: ((Can the AD even get high enough?))
    Seiankornai: ((if he’s lucky and they explode enough))
    Seiankornai: ((a 6 and a 3+ would be good enough))
    Isabis: ((can’t roll for others unless you have Sage levels. Can’t roll two dice. One could explode…er, mutliple times? Maaaybe.))
    Malaina: ((Could I give him a couple of AD? I have 3 left))
    Seiankornai: ((I believe he has plenty of his own left))
    You whisper to Thurirl: Alternately, I will allow you to “cheat death” here, per page 284, if you’ll work at it a little.
    You whisper to Thurirl: er, 384
    Seiankornai: ((and if that fails, he still gets to “Cheat Death”, which is just more “interesting” stuff happening in this whole place ))
    Thurirl: ((I guess I can spend some AD on this))
    Isabis: ((one only))
    Seiankornai: ((so roll a d6))
    Thurirl: Action Die « 1d6 = 6 »
    Seiankornai: ((yay, roll again))
    Jessaila: ((Wee!))
    Isabis: ((need a three this time))
    Thurirl: Saving the Lizard’s Skin: « 1d6 = 6 »
    Seiankornai: ((heh, roll again))
    Jessaila: ((BOOYAH!))
    Malaina: ((Woohoo!!))
    Grok: grats. Too bad no Thurirl zombie
    Isabis: ((WOOHOO! You are the dicebot’s FAVORITE!!!))
    Seiankornai: ((let’s see how far this goes))
    Thurirl: Thurirl needs a new pair of shoes: « 1d6 = 6 »
    Malaina: ((You are just exploding your die all over the place!))
    Seiankornai: ((HAH!!))
    Malaina: ((Oh my!!))
    Thurirl: ((…no, bad thoughts, bad.))
    Isabis: ((I feel like I should do something extra about this much good luck O.o ))
    Thurirl: The Fates Are With Me: « 1d6 = 4 »
    Seiankornai: ((so 28 total))
    Malaina: ((Well, it’s above a 3!! Awesome, good job hun!))
    Isabis: ((wow.))
    Thurirl takes longer than anyone to stop caughing, then suddenly a moon beam… finds him. And he briefly glows all over, gives one last horrid caught fit, and then stops."
  • Thurirl blinks in amazement at his good luck.
    A cloud covers the moon, and Thurirl thumps down on the ground (wait, he was floating?) and all is well.
    Malaina: “Wow…Thurirl, are you ok?”
    Isabis: ((imagining one of those over-wrought Disney transformation sequences, almost ))
    Malaina: ((Sailor Moonish? BRB guys))
    Thurirl: “…perhaps I should go on more excursions with the Hazelighters. This one has proven most fascinating.”
    Seiankornai: “Feeling better?”
    Isabis: ((Never seen Sailor Moon; but think Beast at the end of Beauty and the Beast, or Fiona at the end of Shrek))
    Thurirl: “Remarkably so. I think the disease has been purged from my body.”
    Seiankornai: “It looked like it, yes. Divinely touched, just a bit.”
    Seiankornai: “I think Morru likes you.”
    You whisper to Thurirl: You heard a voice speaking, quietly (in your head?) and saying, “I think I am not yet done with you for this life. Carry on.”
    Thurirl: “If that was a work of some diety, they have my thanks. Even my own tribe does not wish such a fate upon me.”
  • Thurirl pauses and blinks.
  • Thurirl whispers his thanks.
    You whisper to Thurirl: If that was Moru, she sounded surprisingly masculine. If.
    Malaina: ((And I am back))
    Seiankornai: ((wb))
  • Jessaila drinks all of a canteen of water, and starts looking around for more.
  • Malaina gives Jess her own canteen
    Thurirl whispers: I think he’ll be keeping that to himself somewhat. Especially around the Hazelighter’s.
  • Jessaila drinks… all of that.
    Isabis: “You say ‘even’ your own tribe as though they did wish some ill fate upon you.”
    You whisper to Thurirl: Might be wise, yes.
  • Malaina frowns a bit
    Thurirl: “…it is getting late. We should begin preparations to stay the night.”
    Seiankornai: “Then campfire stories from Thurirl!”
    Isabis: “Huh.”
  • Malaina frowns at Seian harshly
    Seiankornai: “Also, I claim the most comfortable spot to sleep in!”
    Malaina: “Yes, let’s prepare to settle down, that battle was….draining.”
    Dawnbringer: “Why ever should you?”
  • Dawnbringer looks at Seian in affront
    Seiankornai: “Do you wnat me rolling around and tossing in my sleep?”
    Seiankornai: “When I move everyone?”
  • Vari will need a big area cause they will be covering Mala for the rest of the night
    Dawnbringer: “what… …right. How’s the spot you’re in now?”
    Jessaila: “And don’t get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, either.”
    Seiankornai: “Eh, some rocks poking through the dirt.”
  • Thurirl makes a note to sleep somewhere far away from the water… though he believes he’ll need a little extra space away from the main group.
    You whisper to Malaina: Ooh, Vari will keep moonlight off you. How…nice of them.
    Seiankornai: “Oh, yeah, that’ll be akward if I need to.”
    Seiankornai: “Don’t think so, though, haven’t had a big meal in awhile.”
  • Malaina finds a spot away from the bugs and hopes they find a water source that isn’t filled with chaotic magic…she needs to refill her canteen
  • Seiankornai stands up in place, and tries pulling rocks out of the dirt (and is appreciative of any help)
  • Vari goes to help Seian while the other finds a spot to lay down, curling up a bit around Mala
    You camp safely enough that night – apparently getting stunned by the water keeps most things away, and a large pack of predators takes care of the rest.
  • Jessaila does help Seian, fwiw.
  • Isabis sleeps in a brightening circle, as her glow transmits itself to her bedroll, and the bedroll to the ground, and so on.
  • Thurirl does his best to keep sleeping arrangements fair among his “pack”, even if it means threatening them with pointy teeth and claws.
  • Malaina curls the opposite way from his twin, both of their wings covering Mala as they go to sleep, keeping her from the view of everyone there
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+11 = 3 + 11 = 14 » Sleeps peacefully?
    Seiankornai: AD! « 1d6 = 6 »
    Seiankornai: « 1d6 = 3 »
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur sleeps alone. Except for the flies. And cockroaches. And dragonflies. And bot-flies. And bees. And wasps. And…
  • Seiankornai sleeps through the night peacefully, not a toss or turn or the call of nature
    Isabis: ((at lest they stay out of his bedroll!))
    Seiankornai: ((what about hte fireflies?))
  • Jamshid par-Bahadur also discovers that insectivore birds are dive-bombing him in search of plentiful dinner.
    In the morning, the dawnbringers prepare to enter the ruin, and the hazelighters prepare to settle in for a boring wait. The Captain hands Jessaila a scroll.
  • Malaina wakes up, his twin waking up as well and both sit up to stretch, bringing their wings off Mala
  • Jessaila has a look at it.
    Dragonhawk: “The elders sent this, with instructions to give it to your lot when we got here if things went acceptably. I’d say you all did pretty well, really.”
    Malaina: ((Sorry, meant Vari, though I hit the write button))
  • Malaina feels the sunshine hit her and suddenly feels she can lift up Seian
  • Jessaila is similarly pleased by the sunshine, rolling up her sleeves to get as much of it as she can.
  • Thurirl gets up, having had a rather comfortable sleep. Being surrounded by the pack actually made things a bit more restful.
    Malaina: ((Awww, are we not pack enough for you?))
    Scroll: "Honored Sunchasers,
    If you are reading this, then you have passed your final test. Follow the initiates to the shrine. If you should succed in entering the shrine proper, then you may copy the scroll there. "
  • Scroll ends with a few semi-illegible flourishing signatures.
    Thurirl: ((I think he’s just had his loner ways kinda thrown out the window. And it’s not as bad as he thought. =P Might hang out more with you guys.))
  • Jessaila glances around. “Okay guys, we should follow the initiates into the shrine.”
    Jessaila: “If we get in, we can get the scroll from there.”
  • Thurirl eyes Seian. “With all due caution.”
  • Malaina takes her pack back from one of the Varis and heads over to Jess
  • Seiankornai looks at the piles of frog Jamshid has also inadvertantly collected around himself
    Isabis: “What does it mean, if we get in?”
    Seiankornai: frogs
    Jessaila: “It means we might not be able to get in?”
    Grok: *W
    “Grok break down door.”
    Malaina: “Is there something we have to do…someone stop Grok please.”
  • Grok goes and jumps over the water in his way.
    Jessaila: W “Grok, stop!”
  • Grok waits for the intiates to go in 1st
    The entrance to the shrine is a steep spiral stairway. At the bottom (it is dark and) there is a reasonably wide foyer, big enough for (for example) erron to stand in
  • Thurirl tries to think of what to do with his pack. He’s not sure they’d be welcome inside.
    The hallway into the shrine proper is guarded by two large statues holding stone polearms.
    Isabis: ((who is going in?))
    Grok: Grok is
    Isabis: ((put it this way: is anyone NOT going in?))
    Malaina: ((I will go in, I think it is best we keep two Varis out for now, they are still in ‘She likes me best’ mode))
    Isabis: ((OK))
    Seiankornai: “I…. think I’ll wait out here for now. Vari can both keep me company.”
    Jessaila: “I’ll go. Though this sunlight feels, um, really good.”
    The dawnbringers wait for you to troop down the steps after them, then demonstrate the entry ritual
    Isabis: (we will end after that, BRB))
  • Thurirl elects to stay behind to keep his pack in line. Who knows what they’ll get up to if they think the Alpha’s not looking?
    Isabis: ((following alpha, mainly ))
    Seiankornai: ((they know where he is at all times >.>))
    Thurirl: ((I’d rather not risk violating the sanctity of their temple. Or having them bite the initiates.))
    Underground, the statues’ crossed glaives block the passage. A single dawnbringer appraches, kneels down, and says, “Hail Avva!” The staues nod and raise their glaves, responding in grinding voices, “Greetings, servant of mighty Avva.”
    Seiankornai: ((maybe Thurirl and his pack can go hunting for some game ))
    After nine repitions, this little play is getting old, but you are pretty sure you know what’s supposed to happen next.
    Dragonhawk: (anyone want to make the first move, or shall I send Isabis?))
  • Jessaila will go.
    Malaina: ((I’ll go and embarrass myself0)
  • Grok pushes forward
  • Jessaila approaches, kneels down, and says “Hail Avva!”
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok first, then Jess, then Mala if she still needs to.))
  • Grok attempt to just walk through.
    Seiankornai: ((“Grok! No!”))
    Grok finds that magical statues are magically reinforced.
    The statues resist, then fling you back and your ogrish hindquarters.
    Grok: W “Grok the Mighty bids that you allow him entrance!”
    Statues: “Depart, though who servest not the eyes of heaven.”
  • Grok goes and looks for another way in.
    Grok: ((next))
    Statues: ((Jess, your try.))
  • Jessaila approaches, kneels down, and says “Hail Avva!”
    The statues look down their noses at you.
    Statues: “…ah, depart though – !”
  • Jessaila looks oddly at them.
    Jessaila: ((And do you mean ‘thou’?))
    Suddenly, both statues flinch back, looking surprised and guilty, like a kid who’s father snuck up on him while raiding the cookie jar.
    Seiankornai: ((shouldn’t it be “thou”?))
    Statues: ((yea, typo))
    Statues: “W-welcome, though servant of the Most High!”
  • Jessaila squees.
  • Statues look huge, powerful, embarassed, and guilty. One actually puts his glaive behind his back.
  • Jessaila enters.
  • Jessaila turns to grin at Isabis.
  • Statues replace their glaives across the passage, and look nervously at the rest of you.
  • Malaina feels her face start to screw up and she suddenly starts laughing loudly, her head leaning back and holding her stomach
  • Dawnbringer greets Jessail on the far side, looking surprised, then more surprised.
    Dawnbringer: “… Helga?”
  • Vari both look glad that Mala is laughing again
    Dawnbringer: “What IS going on here?”
    Jessaila: “Pardon me?”
  • Isabis grins at Malaina and Jessaila, and approaches the statues
  • Malaina continues to laugh for a little while longer, a large smile on her face and also approachs, not caring if she gets in or not
    Dawnbringer: “I could’ve sworn I heard Helga…but that’s impossible, she’s in the black peaks…and WHAT did you do to the guardians? I didn’t know they even Could move like that!”
    Isabis: “Hail to the Most High!”
    Statues: “Welcome servant of the Most High”
  • Statues look unnerved.
  • Malaina kneels down by Isabis, a big smile on her face, “Hail to Avva!!”
  • Grok attempts to sneak past the highly annoying statues now that they are distracted.
    Thurirl: ((of course he does))
  • Jessaila bites her lip and looks at the Dawnbringer. This is definitely a moment of truth for her to acknowledge what she believes.
    Statues: “Welcome, servant of the Most High?”
  • Statues sound confused
    Isabis: “Please let our bodyguard in too.”
    Statues: “No! Only servants of Avva!”
    Malaina: “Isabis, let’s not get them riled up.”
  • Isabis snickers
    Isabis: “Too late, I think.”
    Dawnbringer: “They can say other things?!?”
    Malaina: ((Can me and Isabis pass?))
    Dawnbringer: ((We are past already, as of the statue’s responses to us.))
    Jessaila: “I, um. I serve the unnamed and nigh-forgotten God over all gods, creator of all and worthy of praise. Avva reflects His light, and Moru is his servant, for He is the Most High.”
    You whisper to Grok: you want to find your bag in a corner, or wait until the dwarvish dungeon-delve?
  • Malaina goes over to Jess, smiling over at the Dawnbringer, not having heard him say that name
  • Dawnbringer stares at Jessaila, speechless
    Isabis: “It’s true. Right now, we’re serving him by reassembling a certain scroll?”
  • Malaina nods
  • Dawnbringer stares at Isabis and Mala, still speechless
    Grok whispers: Dwarf dunegon, don’t want it to be related to this temple.
    Grok Heh, OK. I was thinking more of something a previous failed-burglary left behind in the foyer, but that works.
    Dawnbringer: >.
    Dawnbringer: ((whisper failure))
    Eventually the dawnbringer gets her chin off the floor and takes you to the scroll, where you cast your copying spells and make your copies.
    Grok and the statues have “fun” wrestling while they wait.
    Malaina: ((Haha, I bet they didn’t realize the statues could move that much))
  • Thurirl is wondering what the ruckus is over there. It sounds like the ogre is doing something… again.
    Dawnbringer: ((They totally didn’t.))
    Seiankornai: (the ogre is always doing something))
    Dawnbringer: ((it’s in his nature ))
    Grok: ((yes :-) ))
    Eventually, the girls exit with their copies. The dawnbringers will be longer, so you still have time to hang out in camp and get bored (and sunbathe?).
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
    Malaina: ((Yes, and my streak has continued, another good game in the books!))
    Dawnbringer: streak?
    Thurirl: ((and Thurirl spends a little time getting to know his pack and hunt with them, just for the experience… and the interests of science, that sorta thing))
  • Grok attempts to bottle some magic water for later. Ogres don’t get bored, they go do something!
    Malaina: ((This is my third game this week and all three have been good!))
    Dawnbringer: Oh, interesting idea. Water will retain it’s magic for « 2d4 = 4 » weeks

Log 73

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 72

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk