Log 75

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 74

When last we saw our heroes, you were just arriving at a private conference with the current King of the Dwarves of Moru’s Mirror

King Orvon Ayross has agreed to this meeting to discuss your desire to obtain the Ahset fragment of the scroll.

  • Seinakornai moves into the throne room, and thus, all the rest of the party present as well
    King Orvon: “Welcome to my home, sunchasers. Please seat yourselves. I imagine we have much to discuss.”
  • Seinakornai will be glad when he stops moving people around
  • Aurix makes idle smalltalk on the way, mostly about the precious metals market, and some restaurants he’s been to.
  • Malaina goes to find a place to sit where both her Varis can be close
  • Seinakornai wonders if he would be as quick to talk to us if some of us weren’t near royalty
  • Aurix sits so that he’s not crowding Malaina, though he takes care not to be between the ogre and one of the drakes.
  • Malaina ignores Aurix for now
  • King Orvon frowns at you all in a frustrated-looking sort of way
    Seinakornai: “Greetings, King Orvon, and I beleive there is much to discuss as well. But first I must say what a splendily pleasant kingdom you have here. It is good to seee the dwarves and the Ahset living and working together in the time since their coming.”
    King Orvon: “Thank you honored sir. Indeed, we have benefitted each other greatly in the last 230-odd years.”
    King Orvon: “The Ahset clans are a credit to my kingdom, and the treasures of their clans we treasure as our own.”
    Seinakornai: “And may this continue on 230 times again.”
  • King Orvon nods, and adds, “Faces granting that the accursed crone doesn’t overtake us.”
    Aurix: “Ah, yes. It would rather upset the markets rather badly, not to mention reduce the number of uh… er… I’ll just be quiet now.”
  • King Orvon raises an eyebrow at Aurix
    King Orvon: “Of customers? Of production sites?”
    King Orvon: “Of safe transport routes?”
    Aurix: “Customers, of course. Though I don’t doubt she’d want all the rest as well. All the tales I’ve heard suggest she’s rather greedy.”
    King Orvon: “Our people are not ignorant of the disruptions of war. Though we are far north of the moonpool, every opening of it has brought warfare to our shores.”
    Aurix: “I didn’t mean to suggest you were. I’m sorry. Sometimes, my mouth runs ahead of my head…”
    Seinakornai: “Yes, which does bring us to why we’re here. I presume your aides informed you that we wish to acquire the fragment Lady Snowblade’s scroll or a copy of it.”
    King Orvon: “And I believe my archivist informed you that it is impossible.”
    Seinakornai: “Could you inform us as to the nature of this impossibility?”
    Aurix: “We were rather curious as to the reason, yes.”
    King Orvon: “Put simply, we don’t have it. To expand to the minimum, it was lost when a certain city was taken in war, and so far as we know it is still there.”
    Aurix: “Oh. Oh my. That rather puts a damper on our… er, my companions’ efforts…”
    Seinakornai: “Oh, so the difficulty is in finding and retrieving it, rather than in convincing you to part with it, as we did with the Janno and Sharos?”
    King Orvon: “Frankly, if you can produce it, you are welcome to copy it all you want. The Mitya would be beside themselves with joy merely to have it back.”
    Grok: W “Where city? Grok go get it now.”
    King Orvon: “Besides, your many predecessors in this quest have explained to us many times that the scroll is useful for closing the accursed moonpool once and for all, and we are fully in favor of that!”
    Seinakornai: “Very well, then, I would say it is merely very difficult, not impossible, unless it has been actually destroyed.”
    King Orvon: “And yet we have been attempting the task for over 140 years with no success.”
    Aurix: “Then I suppose our journey takes us to the next city… provided we can find it, get in, survive, and then get out with the fragment.”
    King Orvon: “Aye, to Khundrakar.”
    Seinakornai: “I think our quest is blest so far, as we have had success with the previous two fragments, of which it can’t be said before I beleive.”
    Aurix: “Hmm… Your Majesty, pardon my inquiry… but would the archivists be satisfied with their own copy, if we are unable to retrieve the fragment itself?”
  • King Orvon shrugs
    Aurix: “Just a worst case scenario option, really.”
    King Orvon: “I’m sure they would be disappointed, but it’s better than nothing.”
    King Orvon: “Please understand that you are not the first who have wished to go there. Several of Durgeddin’s mighty swords are supposedly still inside, along with the scroll you seek and other treasures of the Mitya clan. The legendary mines lie unworked, and Durgeddin’s very anvil is said to be charmed, but we have never yet taken them back, neither treasure nor territory.”
    King Orvon: "It is not for mere pessimism that I say ‘impossible.’ "
    Grok: W "We keep whatever we find there?:
    Aurix: “We understand, Your Majesty. I suppose that, to finish this quest, we must either retrieve the lost fragment… or die trying to do the impossible.”
  • Aurix rolls his eyes at the Ogre’s comment.
    Aurix: “And I thought I was obsessed with money.”
    Seinakornai: *W “Probably some treasures, but we ought to return another of important heritage, Grok.”
  • King Orvon frowns at Grok, and answers in heavily accented Gamok
    King Orvon: “Any swords that bear Durgeddin’s mark belong to me, though I would pay a bounty for them. The scroll you seek belongs to Clan Mitya, and if you find it you must surely surrender the original to them.”
    Seinakornai: “That is surely acceptable.”
    Seinakornai: ((and if we find another cannon, I’m sure Grok would claim it ))
    King Orvon: “Anything marked with the sign of a certain clan belongs to that clan, likewise, though you may request a finder’s fee. Beyond that, if you find anything worth carrying away, I suppose you may have it.”
    Seinakornai: “So, is the city itself lost, or only the scroll within it?”
    King Orvon: “Frankly, Khundrukar has been looted and looted again. I don’t know what might be left that is of worth in the places from which people escape alive…”
    King Orvon: “No, of course we have not forgotten the location of Khundrukar! Why, we have honored dead buried there. Well…we hope they’re still buried. Tombs there, at any rate.”
  • Seinakornai explains the bounty system to Grok, btw
    Grok: ((great, undead dorfs shambling around.))
    King Orvon: “It is on an island ott he northeast. Khundrukar is the name of the island as well.”
    Grok: W “any famous cannon there?”
    Aurix: “Indeed. With any luck, there has been no grave robbery… though should we find any in the process of doing so, I will be happy to send them your angry words… at the edge of a knife.”
    King Orvon: “No, no famous cannon. Cannons are field artillery, and Khundrukar’s defenses were – are underground.”
    Seinakornai: “No cannons, lots of traps?”
    King Orvon: “Indeed. Durgeddin’s folk, and the Mitya with them, fought a long siege there.”
    King Orvon: “Do you care to hear the history?”
    Seinakornai: “Who did they fight against?”
    King Orvon: “The crone of course.”
    King Orvon: One of the Crone’s captains – some say it was one of the 99 – heard news that my people were also escaped from the underheart, and came with an army to capture us back. He purposed to march due north from the Salt Weep and then come at us from the east, having heard some garbled account of the Borogg that led him to imagine the clans weaker on their side. Well, and maybe he was right.
    King Orvon: “This was at the time of her first attempt to break out through Snowblade’s ward, you understand.”
    King Orvon: The point here, though, it that Khundrukar and the Glitterhame became the center of our resistance, both as a forge and as a fortress. In the end, it was there that the battle came to a standstill, for by the time they took the Glitterhame, the moon pool was closed and their support cut off – and we taught them not to presume on the weakness of any dwarf!"
    King Orvon: Take it they did however, and abode there many years, and a small garrison abides there still. Moreover, some monstrous serpent came out of the wild sunpool in the swamps and was driven to the mirror by the Sharos, and eventually settled on the island. Then there are the accursed Borogg soregg chasers, who say the island is theirs. Finally, whether from one of those three sources or some other, the island has become infested with undead.
    King Orvon: "What the orcs don’t kill the serpent eats, and what the serpent doesn’t eat the soregg twist, and whatever is left over rises on foul magic and wanders the caverns in mindless fury, attacking whatever lives. Some have gone and never come back, and others have fled in defeat, but none of Durgeddin’s treasures have come out of the mountain since the final rout.
    King Orvon: "Our enemies use our own defenses against us now, and our armies have more urgent matters to attend to – though with the 77th year approaching, you may be sure my generals are wading hip-deep in mad plans to take the forge again.
    Grok: ((defend action, wall of text block))
    Seinakornai: ((I cast a spell, “Invoke Weakness: Monolog Wall of Text”))
  • Malaina finds this will be quite the adventure
    Grok: ((um, where is dreaded wall of text?))
    King Orvon: (( ^ ))
    King Orvon: ((now if you want the other half, ask who Diurgeddin is ))
    Grok: ((didn’t even get through my DR. Call that a wall of text. Back in my day….))
    Aurix: “Quite the stirring tale, Your Majesty! Though I do hope that somehow we can give it a happy ending. I hate to think it will always remain outside your grasp. Perhaps, if we can seal the Crone away for good, then we might make a joint effort, from all peoples, to retake it, and increase the wealth of all nations.”
    Seinakornai: “Seeing as I’m a drake from the distant south, I do not know who this Durgeddin is, though I cant tell he is someone of importance.”
    Seinakornai: “Would you be so kind as to tell us some more about him?”
    King Orvon: “Ah, Durgeddin – he was of my own clan, long ago.”
    King Orvon: “In the days when the Ahset were newly come to our shores and our delves, there was among the lesser families of my clan a youngish mastersmith who desired that his family should rise to be among the greater. His name was Durgeddin.”
    King Orvon: “His skill was great, but that alone was not enough to elevate his family within the clan. However, he had a plan to increase his fame and influence though the opening of a new settlement.”
    King Orvon: "The Ahset people were likewise seeking to improve their lives after so many years of slavery, and so certain members of clan Mitya joined with Durgeddin and his family in searching for new mines to dig and new caverns to settle.
    King Orvon: "It came about that they did indeed discover a very fine place, perhaps a bit over-close to Borogg territory, but posessing much iron and also some silver and even small deposits of rarer minerals, good for special alloys.
    King Orvon: "Moreover, they discovered a large cavern complex of astonishing beauty. They say walls glitter with tiny crystals and flecks of precious stones, and long years of water lay down colored minerals on the stone and made many sculptured sheets of flowstone, delicate stalactites, and the like.
    King Orvon: "This became the Glitterhame, and Durgeddin and the Mitya fathers took it for a home and made a city and a mighty forge therein. There Durgedding forged many amazing weapons, even some few that were magical. Yet tragedy overtook the place when next the Crone tried to break through.
  • King Orvon waits while you all reflect on this facinating morsel of dwarvish/Ahset history.
    Aurix: “Mmm, I think I remember that… I wish I could hear some of the old tales told by the bards; they do such a wonderful job of making you feel like you’re standing there yourself…”
    King Orvon: “Ah, indeed they do. To stand oneself in the Glitterhame would be a wonder! But who knows what state it is in now. Of those who have gone to see, few enough have come back.”
    Aurix: “Your Majesty, if I may…”
  • Aurix stands and addresses the King.
    Aurix: “I pledge that, whether our quest be successful or not, I shall endeavor to do whatever I can to help you retake that old city. I, too, feel a longing to see it restored to its old glory… and besides, I could always use a new city to sell my wares in. It would be a wonderful thing to see those streets filled with the living, and here the sounds of industry ringing through its mines. Ahhhh… such a marvel!”
    Aurix: “Er… pardon… I do get a little carried away with my, er… dramatic statements.”
  • King Orvon chuckles
  • Aurix looks a bit embarrassed and sits down.
  • Malaina turns her head and rolls her eyes a bit
    Seinakornai: “Yes, we shall be one’s to go see, and perhaps even deal with several of the foul things that currently reside there.”
    King Orvon: “Well. If you are determined to go, then I will give you the coordinates. You may not find a boat easily if you don’t have your own, but then, the sea around it is not especially dangerous, only the landing most of the time.”
  • King Orvon pulls over a scroll and copies things onto a piece of paper.
    King Orvon: “I wish you good luck, though I doubt you will have much of it.”
  • King Orvon hands the coordinates and a note about the best harbor to Jessaila
    King Orvon: “If you have no more quextions…?”
  • Seinakornai looks over the coordinates, are they within flying distance?
  • Seinakornai looks around to his companions, “I do not for myself.”
    Malaina is disconnected.
    Malaina has connected.
    King Orvon: ((well, it’s closer than where you came from in the Gronver at least))
    Aurix: “Other than perhaps where to find a good bard when we get back… nothing comes to mind. Though I suppose that can wait for when we do return, instead of going missing…”
    Seinakornai: “Yes. So, we shall take our leave, now, King Orvon, and prepare for our expedition.”
    King Orvon: “Good day to you then.”
    Seinakornai: “And to you and your kingdom.”
  • Seinakornai gives a drake bow, the waits for the others to line up to be taken through the exit as he moves
  • King Orvon rises and gives you a formal farewell. As you file out, he turns back to his pile of paperwork.
  • Aurix stands and bows, giving a warm smile before leaving.
    You check out of the inn and Seain takes you into the air once more.
  • Seinakornai stops to purchase several goats though, just in case there is a giant serpent. And if not, he and the two Vari’s will have plenty to eat!
    Seinakornai: « 1d2 = 2 »
  • Malaina makes sure she and her Varis are far enough away to still see everyone, but not be affected
    The pack stays behind…the dwarves will just have to figure out for themselves how their island gained a kodo pack
  • Aurix bids a tearful (not really) goodbye to his pack as the group soars into the air… and then sighs as he notices several of the pack chasing along after them through the streets…
    Aurix: “I see my reputation is going to get a lot more… colorful… thanks to this trip.”
    The wolves take over as alphas in many of the city’s little stray-dog packs, which does wonders for the vermin population but annoys animal control
    Thurirl: “Still, it may help me to further ingrain the false reality of my Aurix Cha’sid persona with the locals. Eccentric merchants going on odd adventures are not as common as you would think…”
    Thurirl: *uncommon
    Meanwhile, you fly to the specified location, and find a largish and irregularly shaped island. It posesses one very large peak with an odd formation on top, two lower mountains, and then some lower hills yet running down to the coast.
    You can identify the recommended anchorage from the air by the ruins of a large port and what used to be a good road leading towards the mountains
  • Seinakornai descned for a landing
    Seinakornai: *descneds
    Seinakornai: *descends
    Thurirl: “Hmm… I should consider preparing another hidden location of clothing and equipment upon this island for future endeavors… if only so I do not feel so overdressed on my next visit.”
  • Thurirl tsks as he looks himself over. Not that any of this will prove problematic in a fight; he’s too smart for that. It’s just a little too… shiny. Trees do not sparkle with gold and jewels.
    You land at the port. It is in poor condition, though one pier shows signs of repair.
    Grok: In Soviet Russia, Fog of War fogs you!
  • Seinakornai looks around
    Seinakornai: ((shouldn’t that be “War fogs you”?))
    Seinakornai: ((or maybe “You fog war”))
  • Thurirl examines the pier from a distance.
    Thurirl: “Strange… are the inhabitants of this island trying to rebuild the port? Perhaps we should be cautious…”
    Seinakornai: “Seems there’s some intellignce still here.”
    Thurirl: “Not much, or at least not skilled in pier-making…”
    Isabis: “Cronish orcs I suppose. Or goblins, or ogres.”
    Seinakornai: “Perhaps if one us knows how to follow tracks, they can lead us to the entrance.”
    Isabis: ((oh, something else that is on the king’s note is a line drawing of Durgeddin’s craftmark. Just in case you find something the King would reward you for, you can identify it.))
  • Grok heads directly towards the mountain, and starts burrowing in.
    Seinakornai: ((minecraft style? ))
    Grok: ((yes))
    Grok leads you up a road, and (being a desert dweller) when you catch him up you find him digging on a hillside.
    Seinakornai: “What are you doing, Grok?”
    Thurirl: “…unless you are attempting the element of surprise, I would advise we attempt following the road instead.”
    Grok: ((No, I’m using the hardest part of Grok. His head. Grab his feet and help turn him already.))
  • Malaina sighs, rolls her eyes and shakes her head and continues on down the road, really not in the mood
    Thurirl: ((I’ll find him a Hiccup Surprise Cake first; that’ll make him into a living jackhammer and speed things up))
    Isabis: (notice checks)
    Seinakornai: Notice « 1d20+11 = 15 + 11 = 26 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 11 + 13 = 24 » Notice
    Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+11 = 9 + 11 = 20 »
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 »
    Grok: Notice « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 »
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 11 + 3 = 14 » Vari 2
    Grok: Nothing. The Gm is messing with us
    from here most of you can see a narrow path winding up the mountainside to some hidden destination. The peak above is crowned with a huge stone formation that gives the impression of a sytlized canine tooth.
    You whisper to Thurirl: Wolf sniffs the air…
    Thurirl whispers: What wolf? I thought my pack was left behind…
    This is the central peak you saw from the air. You will be on the far side of it from the lower peaks and the lake-valley between the three.
    You whisper to Thurirl: Wolf has lived here all his life, and never felt the strange stirring that draws him eastward now…
    Seinakornai: “Let’s follow the rest of this path, and not tunnel through, Grok.”
  • Grok gets bored with his slow progress and lopes along the path
    The lower road was surrounded by forest, but now you are starting to climb above the tree line
    Thurirl whispers: Can I sense the wolf as well? Or do I have to wait for him to show up on his own?
    As the forest thins, you realize that it’s not just the canopy making things dark, the sun is going down.
    Seinakornai: “We better head inside before it gets dark.”
  • Thurirl follows behind the group before he realizes his current dress won’t let any ambushers mistake him for a tree… unless it’s one of those ones used for celebrating that strange winter holiday he swears he’s seen among the humans…
  • Seinakornai continues up the path till something interesting happens
    Thurirl: “Yes, let’s. I feel the need to find a place to hide my… embellishments. They are not conducive to teaching my students the lessons of stealth…”
    It gets dark, though the moon lights the broken roadway somewhat.
    Your way is also lighted by all the things that have caught the glow from Isabis
  • Isabis is still glowing like Moru herself also
  • Grok hugs Isabis for about five minutes… ((kidding))
    Seinakornai is disconnected.
    Seiankornai has connected.
  • Grok has been surronding Isabis with cannonballs while she has been sleeping.
    Grok has many glowing cannon balls
    Thurirl: “…I would state my surprise at these events, but I fail to find that I have any.”
    Thurirl made you pause just short of the treeline while he put away his disguise
    Isabis: (notice again)
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » Notice
    Thurirl: Notice: « 1d20+11 = 14 + 11 = 25 »
    Seiankornai: Notice « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 »
    Vari 1: « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 »
    Vari: « 1d20+3 = 18 + 3 = 21 » Vari 2
    Grok: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
    You whisper to Thurirl: There’s someone on the path behind youl. Six someones, you’d say.
    You whisper to Malaina: The Varis (but not Malaina) notice two orcs in scale armor standing watch at the far end of the ledge.
    Isabis: ((reading the place description on skype))
  • Vari 1 Vari’s stop and make Mala stop as well, glaring
  • Thurirl draws his sword, looking back where they came. “We… are not alone.”
    place summary: the path is covered in junk, broken casks and suchlike. The ledge ahead widens, then doubles back into the mountainside.
  • Grok looks through the junk around for anything interesting
    You whisper to Seiankornai: You notice two orcs in scale armor standing watch at the far end of the ledge, AND you hear more people coming up the path behind/below you.
    You whisper to Grok: Unless you’re interested in stuff the orcs thought was trash, not really.
    You whisper to Grok: Rocks, maybe. Broken boards.
  • Grok looks over the edge, and sees how far down it is.
  • Seiankornai tenses up, and whispers “Orcs up ahead, and I think I hear some more coming up from behind.”
    Isabis: ((you are up maybe 30’ above the previous switchback at this point.))
    Isabis: ((you have perhaps 2 minutes until the orc patrol coming up the path reaches you.))
  • Grok looks for stuff to roll back towards the patrol coming our way.
    The watchmen aren’t very alert, but if you stand there much longer they’ll see you.
    Seiankornai: “Thurirl, can you tkae those two orcs out quietly?”
    Grok: ((Fly with the orcs, go up high, release.))
    You whisper to Grok: Rusty barerl hoops?
    Grok whispers: No boulders or large rocks?
  • Malaina will have to go whereever Isabis is heading, whether its staying to fight or hiding
    Dragonhawk: Orc notice: « 1d20 = 2 »
  • Thurirl gives him a wounded look.
    Wark: “Hey, Thark, you think Great Ulf will let us off outside duty nex’ moon?”
    Seiankornai: “Sorry, should’ve known the answer would be yes.”
    Thark: “I dunno, he was pretty mad at us.”
  • Thurirl does his best to approach with all due stealth, glad he left all the gold and jewels down the mountainside.
    Wark: " ‘s not fair. It’s not like we’re the only ones ever drank on guard duty."
  • Seiankornai peaks over the edge of the cliff to watch for the patrol (Sneak « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    Wark: ((roll sneak vs. notice))
    Wark: notice: « 1d20 = 3 »
    Thurirl: Sneak along: « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 »
    Thark: “Tell me.”
  • Thark drinks a long drink of something Thurirl can smell from there.
  • Grok looks around for large objects to drop on them. He stares at Seian…
    The sounds of the patroll behind grow louder.
    Thark: init
  • Thurirl is fairly sure even the cheapest merchant would turn up his nose at that… wait, hang on, he’s not being Aurix right now…
    Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+9 = 11 + 9 = 20 »
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 »
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » init
    Thark: init: « 1d20+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 »
    Thark: patroll init « 1d20+2 = 18 + 2 = 20 »
  • Thurirl stays near the edge and crouches low, still trying to sneak up on them…
    Isabis: init « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 12 + 10 = 22 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative
  • Malaina grabs her Halbred and gets into Martial Spirit stance
    Seiankornai: Jess init « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 »
    Seiankornai: Jamshid init « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 »
    Thurirl, get this party started
    Thurirl: ((gladly))
    Thurirl: Sneaking up on drunk redneck orcs: « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
    Grok: good plan!
    Wark: notice yet? « 1d20 = 10 »
    Thurirl: “Greetings.”
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 4 + 6 = 10 » for « 1d8+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage.
    Wark: “WHARK??”
    Grok: just be careful of your VARIables.
    Thurirl: AD: « 1d6 = 6 »
    Thurirl: AD: « 1d6 = 3 »
    Wark: 19 hits
  • Wark saves for « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 » vs 13
  • Wark falls unconscious after one hit!
    Thurirl: “Oh dear. How unfortunate. I am down to one student…”
  • Thurirl eyes the remaining orc…
    Thark: "Who are you? Wait – "
    Thurirl: “Too slow.”
  • Thurirl whips his tail at his foe with fearsome speed!
    Attacks « 1d20+5 = 17 + 5 = 22 » for « 1d8+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » damage.
  • Thark saves for « 1d20+6 = 2 + 6 = 8 » vs 12
  • Thark stumbles backward and falls off the “cliff”
  • Thurirl nods at a job well done and signals the others.
  • Seiankornai whispers to Malaina and the Vari’s “REady for the on coming orcs?”
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.

  • OrcPatrol is just coming around the corner
    OrcPatrol: ((Malaina Delays per skype conversation, Grok is up.))
    Grok: Orcs charging? Never
    Grok: ((are they within line of sight?
    Dragonhawk: ((no, I don’t think so, for Grok anyway.))
  • Grok waits for them to get out of his way.
    Grok: ((Delay))
    Thurirl: ((…and here I was gonna tell people to duck.))
    Dragonhawk: ((OK, order now is Patrol, Malaina+V+V, Grok, Thurirl))
    Seiankornai: ((hey, this just prooves even ogres can learn ))
    Seiankornai: ((which might be a scary thing in and of itself))
    You whisper to Thurirl: give me a rollGM perception please
    Grok: “Out of the way! let me attam!
    Thurirl whispers: Do you mean Notice?
    Takeru: ((”ORC ORC ORC"))
    Orc patroll charges in fury, yelling thins like “INTRUDERS!” and “FOR THE GREAT ULFE!” and “THE UNDERDARK!”
    You whisper to Thurirl: sure
    Grok: “GROK GROK GROK
    Grok: ((Scariest thing he can think of.))
    Grok: Fez.
    You whisper to Thurirl: You can find someone to adopt in here too :P
    Grok: Fezzes are cool.
    Thurirl whispers: I can’t get the rollGM command to work!
    Player “oh,” is not connected.
    You whisper to Thurirl: oh, whisper with the normal roll syntax then, that should work
    Malaina: « 1d20+11+1 = 6 + 11 + 1 = 18 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach 1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes), Skull Crack @ Orc 40
    Malaina cracks the patroll leader’s skull
    Thurirl whispers: Notice: « 1d20
    11 = 15 + 11 = 26 »
    Vari 1: « 1d20+6 = 14 + 6 = 20 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Orc 11
    Vari 1: « 2d6 = 7 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage
  • Orc 11 saves for « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » vs 14
  • Orc 87 saves for « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » vs 14
    Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ Orc 97
  • Orc s are scorched
  • Orc 97 dodges back just in time and Vari-the-second’s claw whistles through the air before his face
    Vari 2: « 1d6 = 6 » AD
  • Orc hits his head on an outcropping of rock instead. Oouch.
    Vari 2: « 1d8+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » Claw Damage
  • Orc 97 saves for « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » vs 13
  • Orc is seeing stars, but he’s still alive
    Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe)
    Malaina: « 1d6 = 3 » AD
    Orc: hit
    Grok: ((They aren’t that good an attack.))
    Vari 2: « 1d10+3 = 7 + 3 = 10 » Bite Damage
  • Orc 97 saves for « 1d20+6 = 7 + 6 = 13 » vs 17
    Malaina: ((And done!))
  • Orc 97 loses his head altogether.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Grok has received initiative.
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    You whisper to Thurirl: You notice an arrow slit in the wall of the tunnel before you.
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Grok: Plenty

  • Thurirl notes that there is a decided tactical disadvantage…
    Grok’s init
    Thurirl: “Seian! There is an arrow slit here! We should discourage them from using it!”
    Seiankornai: “Got it!” W “Grok, Arrow slit up there!”
    Grok: ((Can I move past Seian and the others? Or see them?))
  • Grok looks around for arrow slit
    Seiankornai: ((Seian isn’t between you and p there, and I think Mala and Vari’s can take care of the orcs))
  • Grok puts a cannonball through it.
    Grok: ((glowing cannonball))
    The arrow slit is 15’ above the ground, 6" at the wide side, and about 2’ tall
    Orc: Grok, make a strength check
    Seiankornai: ((are you throwing or shooting?))
    Grok: shooting.
    Orc: ((nevermind the strength bit then, make your to-hit))
    Grok: ((I do extra damage to scenery too.))
    Grok: Grok shoots the foe! « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 » for « 5d6+2 = 22 + 2 = 24 » damage
    Grok splinters the edges of the arrow slit, but misses the orc running towards it
    Orc: (gamok) “Something exploded the wall!!”
  • Thurirl looks on with dismay and annoyance. “I called out to the drake for a reason…”
    Grok: ((Double damage to the wall, btw.))
    Orc: (gamok) “What is it?”
    Orc: (gamok) “I think…I think it a falling star? I think the sky-gods are shooting at us!”
    Seiankornai: “I had an ogre in the way! And cannons are ment for wrecking fortifications!”
    Orc: archer morale: « 1d20+4 = 12 + 4 = 16 » vs 15
    Orc: (gamok) “Well it’s a good thing we’re underground then! Paranoid!”
    Grok: ((how big’s the hole?))
  • Thurirl mutters, “Fire would have been far preferable…”
    Orc: ((you can’t see, it’s in the wall behind the arrow slit you successfully aimed through ))
    Grok: ((through mostly, although damage is nice.))
  • Thurirl does his best to approach without being seen to burn whoever’s in there…
    Thurirl: Sneak: « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 »
    Orc: “Unholy crone…it’s a sky ogre!”
    Grok: W “Bow before the mighty Grok! Surrender, and one of you might live!”
    Thurirl: “No. Surrender and die.”
  • Thurirl fills the hole with fire.
    Grok: ((Grok feels it’s a pretty good deal.))
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 17 + 14 = 31 » Damage: Ray 1: « 1d4 = 1 » Ray 2: « 1d4 = 3 » Ray 3: « 1d4 = 4 »; AP 5)
  • Orc notices (?) a shadow (1d20+ … AUGH IT BURNS!!!
    Grok: W “I rain down fire on you!”
    Thurirl: Extra ray: « 1d4 = 2 »
    Seiankornai: ((4d4, 4d4, 4d4))
    Thurirl: ((…hang on…))
    Seiankornai: ((12d4 total))
    Thurirl: Hunka-Hunka Burnin’ LOVE: « 4d4 = 7 » « 4d4 = 10 » « 4d4 = 11 »
  • Orc archer 20 saves for « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » vs 24
  • Orc 20 is burned to a crisp. Paranoid, they called him.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
    Seiankornai: Fire damage for 18 « 3d4 = 7 », 57 « 3d4 = 9 », 87 « 3d4 = 5 »
  • Orc 18 saves for « 1d20+6 = 9 + 6 = 15 » vs 13
  • Orc 57 saves for « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » vs 14
  • Orc 87 saves for « 1d20+6 = 13 + 6 = 19 » vs 16
    Isabis has received initiative.
    Grok: and smell them
  • Isabis casts “Shield” with skill check « 1d20+14 = 2 + 14 = 16 »
  • Isabis has 1/2 cover (full agains magic missiles)
  • Isabis moves a few steps up the path, then recalls the problems that Malaina has been having in the dark and pauses to wait for her.
    ((When we return, it is Jessaila followed by Jamshid for their delay actions, then back to the top of init. Keep your current action dice.))
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 76

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 75

Sunchasers DH drgnhawk