Log 77

Log 76

Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Malaina has connected.

  • Seiankornai wonders where the others are
    Malaina: Well, Bandit is on, don’t know what is keeping him
  • Seiankornai poked him
    Malaina: So did I
  • Seiankornai also sent email to Grok and Jamshid. He’s a technologically advanced drake! Unfortuantely, Grok is unlikely to be technically advanced…
    Grok has connected.
    Seiankornai: and yet there he is

Jessaila: Huzzah

Grok: eh?

  • Seiankornai whispers the prior convo to Grok
    Thurirl has connected.
    Seiankornai: greetings

Dragonhawk: and that’s everyone except Jamshid

Dragonhawk: (sigh) I guess next adventure we’ll send him off on a side-quest or something if this keeps up

Grok: hey, have to reconnect real quick

Dragonhawk: OK

Grok is disconnected.
Grok has connected.
Jessaila: Has he been travelling or something?

Grok: don’t know

Dragonhawk: no, I gather his day job has been eating up more than it’s fair share of his days and he was sick several weeks and etc etc

Jessaila: Ah. Like my job.

Dragonhawk: kind of, except his issue seems to be more ‘overtime leading to excessive tiredness’ than scheduling errors.

Dragonhawk: but I don’t really know the details at this point either.

Dragonhawk: anyway.

Jessaila: I’m thinking my employer isn’t having scheduling errors so much as we-don’t-give-a-damn-itis.

Seiankornai: oh well, we can have his character delay till the end of the round, in case he does manage to come on

Dragonhawk: mhmm

When last we saw our heroes, they had just prevented the front door from being barred in their faces.
Also, there is now one more entrance than before, courtesy of Grok and a pickaxe.
Grok: ((cannon helped weaken the structure

The room before the lead elements of the party currently looks like a narrow ledge, a wide pit (very deep with water sounds below), a rope bridge that would embarrass a scout troupe, and a pair of archers shooting from cover on the far side.
Your side of the ledge is well lit, providing excellent targeting for the enemy; they shoot from darkness.
Seiankornai: ((Except for Thurirl’s dancing light))

Thurirl: ((I beg to differ =P))

Grok: ((except for the spheres of light up there))

They shoot from dimness, which Thurirl has recently done something about
Dragonhawk: ((did anyone start skyp for tonight?))

Seiankornai: ((also, will people be jjoining Skype?))

Malaina: ((I will))

Jessaila: ((In a few moments.))

Dragonhawk: OK.

Jessaila has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((new round; Jessaila is up.))

  • Jessaila moves swiftly to rejoin the rest of the party.
    Jessaila: ((Query, TGU – did you cast any buffs on me last week? Thought you did.))
Seiankornai: ((I think so, magic vestments I think))

Jessaila: ((Okay, good.))

Dragonhawk: ((Yes I think that was it))

Grok: ((Jamshid delays, when it gets around to his turn, btw))

You whisper to Jessaila: was that a double move, or do you have something yet to do?

  • Jessaila casts Shield on herself.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
    Dragonhawk: (( that’s 50% cover vs arrows, right?))

Dragonhawk: ((and if you activate the crit you get your spell point back))

Jessaila: ((Correct))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Malaina has received initiative.
Jamshid pauses…

  • Malaina doubletimes it so she isn’t affected by the lack of light from Isabis
    Grok has received initiative.
    The archers take cover behind the (badly drawn not-quite-to-scale) pillars for 50% cover
    Dragonhawk: ((I’m not exactly moving them off-turn, I’m trying to accurately represent where they are and reconsidering last week’s attempt))
  • Grok throws a Javilin at archer
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 8 + 10 = 18 » damage.

Grok: might have somthing ignoring cover, just a sec

Dragonhawk: miss

Grok: throwing another

Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage.

Dragonhawk: ((which archer are you skewering here?))

Grok: top one

Grok: north one

Grok: 98

  • Orc archer 98 saves for « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » vs 17
    Grok: nothing against cover

Grok: ((done))

Grok pins one archer to the back wall
Thurirl has received initiative.
Orc: ((BRB))

Thurirl: ((so… options?))

Seiankornai: ((pull out your bow and shoot it?))
  • Thurirl takes out his bow and returns fire at the archer.
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+8 = 11 + 8 = 19 » for « 1d6 = 4 » damage, AP 4.
    Orc: miss
  • Orc shouts in Gamok: “Bord! Speak to me! …Oh rubble…”
  • Thurirl skips the grumbling and goes into his Deadshot Stance… even if someone else gets the orc first.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai opens the secret door he found
    Seiankornai finds a short passage and the back of another door
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.

  • Seiankornai squeezes down the hall
    Seiankornai pushes open the second door, displacing a shocked orc who was leaning against the “solid wall” it appeared as on the far side. Four other orcs are in the room, and all are shouting and reaching for weapons.
    Orc: “They’re coming through the walls!”

Orc: “I thought you said it was nothing?!?”

Seiankornai: “Oh! lunch!”

Orc: “Where’s my – gimme that, that’s MY sword!”

  • Seiankornai bites down on the orc in front of him (using Contempt)
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 6 + 12 = 18 » for « 1d10+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 »
  • Orc patroller 51 saves for « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » vs 17
  • Seiankornai noms the orc in front of the others
    Orc: “It ate him! It ate him! Kill it!!!!”

Thurirl: ((why does this suddenly feel like a monster movie?))

Looking around a bit more, Seian realizes he is in a bunkroom. The bunks are rough, and the floor is covered in filthy pelts and trash. It’s probably ‘home’ to a dozen or so orcs, but some of them are probably dead or on duty out front.
Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 6 + 6 = 12 »
    Seiankornai: ((fortunately, the monsters are on your side ))
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 »
  • Orc hits orc 86 for « 1d6 = 4 » damage
  • Orc archer 86 saves for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » vs 12
  • Orc falls dead with an arrow in the eye
    Isabis: “Good, now there’s nobody to try anything funny with the bridge. It looks unstable enough as it is.”

Malaina: “Should we go check up on Seian?”

Grok: "Grok no go across bridge. Too weak for mighty Grok

Seiankornai: * Messing eating noises can be heard coming from down the hall Seiankornai: *Messy
  • Orcs shout things from down the hall too, for that matter
    Malaina: “I think some of us should go check up on him.”
  • Orcs all grab weapons and prepare to defent the doorway that wasn’t there before… two of them grab longswords, one a bow, and get into position.
  • Orcs Leader (judging by his slighly less nasty armor) throws a handaxe
  • OldYarrack attacks Seian with a thrown axe hitting « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »
    Jessaila has received initiative.
    Jessaila: It’s a good thing she’s flexible. « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » Acrobatics.

Jessaila wafts across the bridge as though it were solid ground

  • Jessaila has awesome elven balancing skills.
    Isabis: “You make that look so easy…of course you made the path of wisdom balance beams look easy too…”

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Malaina: “I can help you across.”

  • Jessaila turns back to Isabis. “It came from growing up living in a place with many unstable things to fall on, with potentially deadly results. So, forty-five years of balance training…”
    Tak has connected.
    Dragonhawk: “Ah, that explains it. Still, I think I’d rather go make sure Seian isn’t in over his head or anything.”
Malaina: “Well, lead the way then.”

You whisper to Grok: Is Jamshid moving
Grok: Jamshid moves up and risks the bridge

Grok: sorry, forgot I was him

Dragonhawk: ((NP))

Dragonhawk: ((roll his acrobatics please))

Dragonhawk: (( vs 10, but just to be sure it’s not a 1))

Grok: « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 »

Jamshid wobbles a lot more than Jessaila, but makes it across
Grok: whew, didn’t kill off a fellow pc.

  • Jessaila clearly made it look too easy.
    Dragonhawk: ((done?))
Seiankornai: ((he has a genie who could save him ))

Malaina has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((delays until after Isabis))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok looks into pit, looking for another way across
  • Seiankornai snarfs down the orc. NOMNOMNOM
    The pit is rought, deep, and dark below the reach of Thurirl’s glowing spheres
  • Grok delays until seian can ferry him across
    Grok: ((done))

Thurirl: ((could be a long delay))

It is made by dwarves for the specific purpose of being hard to cross; they did a good job.
Grok: ((actually Jamshid can get Ax to cast fly next turn))

Seiankornai: ((Grok is bumping his head on the roof, Seian doesn’t have room to fly him over))

Thurirl has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((ceiling is only 10’ so no flying inside for the drakes here, btw))

Thurirl: ((brb; birthday song))

Grok: ((will fly spell work?))

Dragonhawk: ((I think so, magic isn’t as space dependent as wings ))

Dragonhawk: ((I mean, where he is NOW Seian can’t even unfold his wings ))

Dragonhawk: ((Seian can go while Thurirl is afk))

  • Seiankornai chomps at more orcs, yum!
    Seiankornai: “GOT SOME MORE ORCS OVER HERE! THEY’RE DELICIOUS!”
Seiankornai: bite hits « 1d20+12 = 19 + 12 = 31 » for « 1d10+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » Seiankornai: bite hits « 1d20+12 = 20 + 12 = 32 » for « 1d10+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
  • Orc patroller 81 saves for « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » vs 16
  • Orc patroller 96 saves for « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » vs 17
    Seiankornai: bite hits « 1d20+12 = 9 + 12 = 21 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »
  • Orc 96 barely dodges a killing bite…
  • Orc patroller 96 saves for « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » vs 22
    Seiankornai: *Snap*Snap*Snap*
  • Orc …only to take a claw on the return stroke instead
  • Seiankornai grins with entirely too many teeth at the remaining orcs
    Thurirl: ((back))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((wb, your turn))

Orc: ((Good timing; your turn))

  • Thurirl decides to slip away and see if he can track down Seian. It’s not wise to split the party inside a mountain.
    Thurirl: ((double move; think you can consider me done))

Isabis has received initiative.
Orc: ((turn now is Isabis/Malaina; you still want to make assistance checks to get Isabis across the bridge?))

Malaina: ((Sure, if she doesn’t want to go looking for Seian, perhaps have the Vari’s go check up on Seian since I doubt they can go across the bridge))

Seiankornai: ((That works, we drakes can romp around together having fun causing mayhem!))

Orc: (gamok) “Retreat! Don’t let him eat you you fools, re – ULFE!”

  • IsabisEstolin reluctantly allows Malaina to convince her to try the bridge.
    Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 1 + 11 = 12 » Acrobatics

IsabisEstolin: acro: « 1d20+3 = 8 + 3 = 11 »

  • IsabisEstolin manages to wobble across without falling off, quite
  • Vari 2 reluctantly leaves Mala with the others
    Malaina holds the handropes tightly, but despite one serious wobble when on of the crossropes snaps, she actually doesn’t really have much trouble
  • Orc and his last remaining follower flee.
    Yarrack: “Hold that door!”
  • Seiankornai chews on his orcs, some nice meat here.
    Orc: “What??”

slam
Jessaila has received initiative.
close init

  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+12 = 7 + 12 = 19 » Notice
    Seiankornai: “Vari, is that you coming? Let me get out of the way.”

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Malaina: “The drakes have taken another route, lets see if we can meet them in the middle somewhere.”

Grok: Jamshid has Axhar cast fly, and Grok flies across the gap, making “Whee!” noises

  • Jessaila scouts down the hallway, looking for trouble or opportunity.
    The cave Jessaila just opened was a natural cave, masterfully carved by the dwarves who first settled this place; the wet stone of the walls gleams in the dim light.
    Thurirl: “I see you have found an alternate route. When I glanced this way, I saw nothing of immediate note.”
  • Grok barrels down the same hallway
  • Malaina calls for Isabis to catch up
    Seiankornai: “You all seemed to be handling yourselves, so I poked my nose around here some more. Found some delectable orcs, too.”

Orc: ((don’t let the tokens fool you; the men in the cage are unarmed))

Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Seiankornai: ((I think these are the first orcs Seian’s bitten))

Thurirl: “Yes, the bite marks indicated you were sampling the local fauna.”

  • Vari 2 checks to see he can open the door
  • Jessaila spots what appears to be prisoners.
    Seiankornai: ((lizards up north, mammels down south!))
Jessaila: “Hey, who are you?”
  • Grok looks for a way to open up cage
    Prisoner: “Help! Help!”

The cage has a lock and many heavy wooden bars
Grok: ((they see an ogre and they want hel from an ogre?))

Tak: (( ogre + elf > Orcs ))

  • Grok attempts to smash wooden bars
    You can get it by finding the key, picking the lock, or doing…that, yes
    Jessaila: W: “Grok, smash!”

Prisoner: ((technically they started by yelling to the elf))

Prisoner: “AAAH!”

Jessaila: “Who are you, though?”

  • Grok smashes!
    Prisoner: “We were shipwrecked! It was an accident!”

Jessaila: “Shipwrecks usually are.”

Thurirl: ((hey, how long these light thingies last?))

Jessaila: “Don’t worry, we won’t harm you if you’re not trying to do the same to us. We’re Sunchasers.”

OtherPrisoner: “We were captured by cronists the first day! PLEASE get us home, oh please oh please oh please”

Orc: « 1d20+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 »

Vari 2: « 1d20+3+2 = 19 + 3 + 2 = 24 »

Jessaila: “Yeah, sure. Just give us a wee bit. Grok’s getting the door open.”

  • Vari 2 roars he shoves the door open
  • Orc is flung back against the far wall, taking « 1d8+3 = 3 + 3 = 6 » subdual damage
  • Orc saves for « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » vs 13
    Thurirl: ((and back to the fighting…))
  • Orc tries to hide behind the statue (at the star)
    Grok: ((any roll do I need to make?))

Orc: ((pause the southern group, and let the norther group alternate with the enemy; this shouldn’t last more than a couple rounds))

Orc: ((enemy moved, now each drake can move 1 round’s worth))

Orc: ((oh…then Thurirl, ‘cause he’s behind the drakes. Then enemy again.))

Vari 2: (I will delay Vari 1’s turn until Seian goes in, I am sure he is eager for more orc meat))

Suddenly, Vari2 feels a small click in the floor beneath him. The statue, a fierce-looking dwarf in heavy armor, opens it’s mouth and a greenish gas billows forth!
Seiankornai: ((oh, he’s polite enough to let Vari get a snack after he’s had three good orcs already))

Seiankornai: ((plus he’s probably getting full ))
  • Orc laughs uproariously behind the statue
    Dragonhawk: Vari2 takes « 1d4 = 3 » temporary strength damage
Vari 2: ((So I don’t even get a save?))

Dragonhawk: ((fort for half))

Dragonhawk: ((dc 15))

Vari 2: « 1d20+3 = 10 + 3 = 13 » Fortitude Vari 2: !1d6 Vari 2: « 1d6 = 5 »

Orc: (gamok) “Take that you orc eater!”

Vari 2: ((Wow, it exploded for me))

Tak: ((keep rolling it, see if it explodes again. You’ve already made the save, but it’s fun! ))

Vari 2: ((Nah, I only have on AD left, if that helps with the save, then I will keep my last AD))

Vari coughs a gread deal, but the gas has lost some of its potency with great age, and he shrugs it off fairly quickly.
Tak: ((exploding is free))

Tak: ((it doesn’t cost more AD, it’s just re-rolling and adding on top))

Seiankornai: ((exploding AD is the same one, rolled again)) Vari 2: « 1d6 = 5 » Vari 2: ((Exploded again))

Tak: ((exploded!))

Seiankornai: ((it can go on forever if you’re lucky enough; one player in the game I run had one that exploded 16 times in one go1)) Vari 2: ((ok)) Vari 2: « 1d6 = 5 » Vari 2: « 1d6 = 2 »

Tak: ((13+5+5+5+2))

Tak: ((you rolled a 13 and added 17))

Thurirl: ((that’s 30))

Tak: ((on a DC15 poison))

Orc: ((The rules lawyers tell me it’s negate not half, so no damage))

Vari 2: ((So only 1 damage to Str?)) Vari 2: « 1d20+9 = 8 + 9 = 17 » Intimidate
  • Vari 2 breaths in the gas, chest puffing out and then breaths it out back at the orc, not looking affected at all
    Orc: “Wha…” (resolve « 1d20+4 = 2 + 4 = 6 » )
  • Vari 2 licks at his chops, suddenly looking….hungry…
    Vari 2: « 1d6 = 6 »
  • Orc saves for « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 » vs ‘pass out in shock and fear’ …er, vs 16
  • Orc curses at the old poison
  • Seiankornai comes up to the doorway and roars at the orc as well « 1d20+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » for « 1d6 = 3 » stress
    Orc: (resolve vs “how many drakes are there?!?” « 1d20+4 = 1 + 4 = 5 » )

Orc: “HOW MANY DRAKES ARE THERE IN HERE?!?!?”

Seiankornai: “Three, and an ogre.”
  • Vari 1 tries to poke his head in
  • Thurirl mutters, “Too many for you.”
    Orc: “heh…”
  • Orc saves for « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » vs ‘pass out in shock and fear’ …er, vs 17
    The orcs eyes roll up in his head and he passes out
    Seiankornai: “He’s all yours, Vari.”
  • Seiankornai waits for the poison to disperse
    Orc: ((end pseudo-init; that lasted about as long as I figured ))
  • Vari 2 eats…or would, if the other Vari didn’t start fussing at him to share
    Orc: ((unfreeze the south group; Grok was rolling to smash I believe?))

Grok: ((str?))

Thurirl: ((if you’ll pardon me for a moment, I have a call to return))

Grok: « 1d20+4 = 11 + 4 = 15 »

Orc: ((yeah, or unarmed attacks if you prefer))

Seiankornai: “There’s another orc around here I think, Vari, so you can go hunt that one down, and let Vari eat this one.” Seiankornai: ((drake diplomacy? impress « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »)) Vari 1: ((What do I roll against that?))

Orc: ((Grok, str. vs 23))

Seiankornai: ((resolve))

Grok: ((

Vari 1: « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » Hmmm?

Grok: not going to happen, unarmed attack

Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage Vari 1: “I’m not buying it, tell him to share!”

Grok damages one bar
Prisoner1: “Wow, we couldn’t even get that to rattle!”

  • Malaina feels her Vari senses tingling…she feels she needs to break the children up
    Prisoner1: ((40 points breaks them out))
Seiankornai: “well, it’s yourself, surely you should be able to convince yourself to share with yourself better than I could.”
  • Vari 1 glares at himself
  • Seiankornai is doing the best he can! But he’s only had to deal with very little drakes before…
  • Vari 2 glares right back, coveting the orc for his own meal
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage

Jessaila: W “You know, Grok, I can probably pick the lock faster than you can smash it…”

Malaina: “I think I need to find my Vari’s….”

Malaina: “Isabis, we need to get to Vari, my mother senses are telling me they are arguing about something.”

Grok breaks down the cage front, but for some reason the prisoners don’t seem to sure if they want to come out now….
Isabis: “Sounds like the noise is coming from that way…”

  • Vari 1 still arguing with himself about spliting the meal
    Seiankornai: “Also, there’s plenty more orc bodies that we left behind, you can eat them, too.”
  • Vari 2 ignores Seian, arguing it was his kill, he should get it all
  • Thurirl notes it would be quicker to try the rope bridge than wait for these drakes to move…
  • Seiankornai looks very releived upon seeing Mala coming
    Malaina: “HEY!! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!”
  • Jessaila will cast Dancing Lights for her own group, by the wya.
  • Vari 1 snaps his mouth shut
  • Vari 2 starts to whine that he started it
  • Seiankornai squeezes past the Varis and Mala
    Dragonhawk: ((Thurirl can sneak through them; even in combat you can move through allies’ squares))
Malaina: “I don’t care how it started, I will end it!!”
  • Seiankornai looks down the corridor
  • Grok looks for more friends to hit
  • Prisoner 1 and 2 come out and throw themselves at Jessaila and Jamshid’s feet
    Prisoner: “Get us out of here!” “PLEASE!”

Jessaila: “What are your names?”

Seiankornai: “Hello Isabis, find anything interesting down that way?”
  • Thurirl peeks through at the parenting lesson. He tires not to look amused, least not enough that Mala will notice…
    Malaina: “Now share your kill with yourself, who knows when you will get something this good while we are in the mountain! I don’t want to hear you two arguing again, or I swear, I will turn this group around and we will go right back from where we came from!”
Seiankornai: ((fortunately, Thurirl is very good at hiding his emotions? ))

Grok finds the fireplace; a large smoky fire crackles in the center of this room. Battered pots and kettles prove that orcs DO know how to cook, at least sort of. A distinct draft draws the smoke up through a rough hole in the ceiling of the chamber

  • Vari 2 whines, but relents, pouting in a way that only a drake can pull off
  • Grok looks for something interesting
    Isabis: “Door with panicky orc behind it.”

You whisper to Grok: not in there
Malaina: “I swear…just like kids…”

  • Seiankornai opens the door
    Grok Unless you find broken cookware interesting. I grant it is hard and throwable…
  • Jessaila looks at the released prisoners, waiting for them to identify themselves.
    Nothign interesting in there.
    Seiankornai: “Well, he’s what? 12 or 13 years old? That is a child by any races standard.”

The prisoners are too busy with the begging to realize they didn’t give their names yet…

  • Grok peeks down this hole
  • Vari 2 shares half of the orc with himself, knowing now wouldn’t be a good time to discuss how much is half with Mala so close by
  • Seiankornai opens the door
    Seiankornai: ((oh, said that already))

Prisoner1: “Wait…my NAME. I though you asked what I was doing here…sorry, sorry, a bit stir crazy…I’m Geradil, and this is Courana. Please, get us out of here! They’re going to kill us!”

  • Malaina touchs Isabis’ shoulder to let her know that Seian found another room
    Seiankornai: “MORE ORCS VARI!!!”

Jessaila: “Sure, we’d be happy to help you. If we get you back to the surface, can you make your own way? Or do we have to escort you?”

Seiankornai: “Did you know you’re delicious?”

Thurirl: “Dwarven make. Half fortress, half maze. Not surprising.”

Isabis: "Well someone has to keep an eye on the rear…

Seian’s chosen door reveals 4 orcs hastily donning weapons and armor. Although the walls are lined with crates, barrels, and general supplies, four pallets and other furnishings reveal that these four sleep here.
Vari and Vari probably woke them up.
Malaina: “Think we should help or leave it to the drakes?”

Isabis: “I don’t fancy getting between a drake and his – ugh – meal.” Malaina: “Yea, and it should keep the Vari’s full enough to stop arguing.”
  • Isabis mutters “Honestly, some things should’nt be eaten…probably diseased, place is filthy…”
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Malaina: “Well, drakes seem to have a strong stomach and digestive system. I wouldn’t let Vari eat all that if he couldn’t handle it.”

Grok has discovered another storage area; this looks like raiding loot. On the far end is an old well full of murky water
Isabis: “You would know.”

  • Isabis keeps her arrow pointed at the far door.
    Malaina: “If you stay close to me, I will check out the door.”
Isabis: "OK Isabis: ((Init again; mainly so everyone gets some notice. We’ll keep the existing order.))

Jessaila
Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+9 = 3 + 9 = 12 »

Isabis: ((same init; you get to keep your 20))

Jessaila: “Sure, we’d be happy to help you. If we get you back to the surface, can you make your own way? Or do we have to escort you?”

Geradil: “Well, our, our boat isn’t really seaworthy anymore…and we’re not fighters, the orcs would find us again for sure and we’d be in even…well, not worse trouble, they’re already planning to torture us to death, but…”

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
You whisper to Grok: Is Jamshid going to talk to prisoners?
Malaina has received initiative.

  • Malaina goes to the door
    Grok has received initiative.
    Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 10
Geradil: ((miss))

Now Grok

  • Grok looks to open up the door in front of Mal and ISabis
    Grok pushes between Isabis and Malaina and opens the door…
    Tak is disconnected.
  • Grok walks through
    Geradil: ((description: “The door is not locked, but it is heavy and hard to move (unless you’re an ogre).” ))

Grok comes face-to face with another ogre!
There’s a sniveling orc in there too, and two ill-behaved dogs. But mostly, there’s another ogre!
Grok: W “Serve Grok the Mighty!”

Thurirl: ((kinda puny og—-wait… aren’t those pack animals?))

Grok: w “I come to save you! Follow me!”

Malaina: ((Get your butt over there so your power of pack love can take them over))

Thurirl: ((certainly . can use more pack members))

Grok: W “I will lead ogres to new heights!”

Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl feels a familiar pull of wild magic…
    Thurirl: “Forgive the intrusion… but do I sense new pack members here?”

Ulfe’s wolves suddenly realize that they have been following an inferior pack leader…
Thurirl: ((double-move…))

Wolves: “Arf! BARK BARK BARK!”

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: “You got tehse orcs, Vari and Vari?”

  • Vari 1 nods
    Ulfe: “You not save me – I save you! You have sand in head. The Crone make ogres great, put us over rubble-digger humans!”
Ulfe: “Put us over rat-killer orcs!” Seiankornai: “Sorry, orcs, these two drakes have claim on you, so I won’t be able to eat you myself. Have fun!” ((Threaten « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 » vs Resolve for « 1d6 = 3 » stress))

Dragonhawk: orc group resolve: « 1d20+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 »

  • Seiankornai then goes down the corridor to the yelling Grok
    Seiankornai: ((technically I can only threaten one))

Dragonhawk: ((93 then))

Isabis has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((moved with Malaina))

Dragonhawk: orc save vs. stress damage: « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 » vs 11

Orc 93 hides itself in a barrel

  • OrcPatroller attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » damage with a greataxe
  • OrcPatroller 38 attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 11 + 10 = 21 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 » damage with a greataxe
  • OrcPatroller 17 attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 » damage with a greataxe
    Meanwhile, Great Ulfe’s wolves try to desert him and get to the pack leader, but there’s a hostile/unknown ogre in teh way.
  • Vari 1 looks upset because he just had his scales made shiny
  • OrcPatroller 10 attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 6 + 1 = 7 » damage with a greataxe
  • OrcPatroller 38 attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage with a greataxe
  • OrcPatroller 17 attacks Vari1, hitting « 1d20+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » for possible « 1d12+1 = 12 + 1 = 13 » damage with a greataxe
    Thurirl: W “Ogre! You block pack members! Move fat hide!”
Ulfe: “NEVER!”

Thurirl: “…apparently, I must remember to use Proper Names when speaking in Woanish.”

Yarrack gets out from between the ogres
Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila glances at the two released prisoners. “Well then, stay near me. My group is bound further into this structure, but we will protect you as much as we are able. Fair warning, we do have two – er, three dragons and an ogre with us. Don’t worry, they don’t bite… often…”
    Courana: “You want us to go Further Into this death trap?!?”
Courana: “Are you nuts?”

Jessaila: “No, I’m an elf, as you can see from the ears.”

Geradil: “This place is full of monsters! There are bears and, and deformed vessa things, and if you think I’m going to mistake a drake for a dragon you haven’t seen what’s in that lake…” Geradil: “No way am I going deeper in here!”

Jessaila: “Well, you can make the use of the now-unguarded exit, if you wish.”

Courana: “Er…as opposed to staying here with the orces, Ger?”

Jessaila: “Just be aware that we can’t escort you there.”

Geradil: “But, but…where will we go? We can’t get off the island without a boat!”

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Malaina has received initiative.
Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 10

Dragonhawk: miss

Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 10

Dragonhawk: hit

Vari 2: ((I only have one AD left, so I will just roll damage)) Vari 2: « 1d10+3 = 6 + 3 = 9 » Bite Damage

Dragonhawk: Orc 10 saves for « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 » vs 14

  • Malaina moves out of Thurirls way
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok asks the other orge to follow him to glory!
    Grok: ((totally untrained diplo))
  • Ulfe already said no!
    Thurirl: ((asks? he asks? would’ve thought “demand” would be more his style…))

Grok: « 1d20-2 = 18 – 2 = 16 »

Grok: if an a ogre gets told no, he just asks louder!

  • Ulfe resolves not to change his path to glory now… « 1d20+5 = 3 + 5 = 8 »
  • Ulfe wavers
    Seiankornai: ((“asking” for an ogre is saying it, and not thumping the other over the head with a club before anything is said ))

Grok: ((that’s step two))

  • Ulfe wastes a round arguing. “NO! CRONE bring most glory! … You not have whole world to give away… what you mean it not good world? So what if dark, all good burrows dark…”
  • Grok punches him at mention of the crone
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage
Ulfe: “…Vak! Thrag! HEEL!”

Thurirl: “Greetings, pack members. Your Alpha is here. No more dark tunnels for you.”

Seiankornai: ((*bark*bark*bark*bark*bark* => “We’ve got better pack leader now, you’re too smelly.”))

wolves: “BARK BARK BARK!” ((Pack leader! Pack leader!))

wolves: ((grok hits))

Grok: W “Even dogs don’t follow you!”

Malaina: ((I think he already rolled damage))

Ulfe: “Well…. well ORCs follow me, and there more of them!” Ulfe: ((damage noted; this is a special character))

Thurirl has received initiative.
Grok: W “orcs even dummer than you.”

Grok: *Dumber Seiankornai: W “Orcs are tasty! Thanks for bringing them!”
  • Ulfe has never been this shaken in all his life of service to the crone. Must have spent too long in this distant, unsupported post….
    Thurirl: “Pack! Take this pathetic lump of meat down!”
Ulfe: “Who eating my orcs?!?”

Yarrick: “It those drakes I tell you about!”

Thurirl: “Drakes… and you’re soon to join them…”

Malaina: ((The pink drake and the blue drakes))

Ulfe: “Shut up!” Seiankornai: “I am! And Vari and Vari.”
  • Thurirl spends at least a half action getting the two wolves to flank their former Alpha…
    Grok: W “When you wake up, you serve Grok!”

There isn’t much room in the corridor, but the wolves get into reasonable approximations of flanking positions
Grok: ((He means the ogre, i think

Dragonhawk: ((oh, their FORMER alpha. right. got it.))

Thurirl: ((yeah, sorry… should’ve worded that better))

  • wolves bark at Ulfe
    Ulfe: “Good, see, I call dogs they come!”
  • Ulfe isn’t quite getting it…
    Thurirl: “Ah, the ignorance of the willfully stupid… very useful.”
  • Thurirl steps in the room to get a clear shot, bow still in hand…
    Dragonhawk: ((have to shoot next time though))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Thurirl: W “Please to be continuing the stupid thoughts of your head. Is very amusing.”

  • Thurirl is having too much fun muckin’ up Woanish grammar…
    Dragonhawk: ((stopping for the night at the bottom of init))
  • Seiankornai seems to be crowded out from all the battles. Oh well, goes off looking for Jess
    Seiankornai: “Hello Jess, who is this you’ve found?”

Jessaila: “Former prisoners of the orcs, just released.”

Courana: “Oh, noble drake, please tell me you can get us off this island!”

Grok: ((eh, eat her))

Seiankornai: “Um, yes, yes I can, easier than for most drakes at this present time, even…” Courana: “Oh thank you!”
  • Courana knows all about going around mom by asking dad…
    Courana: “Our families will be so relieved! These vile orcs have been trying to hold them up for ransom, but they can’t pay what was asked, that’s why they were going to kill us after all this time.”

Isabis has received initiative.
Jessaila is disconnected.
Thurirl is disconnected.
Grok is disconnected.
Malaina is disconnected.
Isabis readies an action to shoot the ogre if she gets a clear shot
You have disconnected.
Game Saved
Log Saved

Log 78

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 77

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User