Log 88

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 87

Host has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Jessaila: That’s four

Dragonhawk: mhmm

Dragonhawk: if nobody else shows by the half-hour we’ll do something more straight-RP flavored instead of continuing the battle

Malaina: kk

Dragonhawk: also as discussed last week

Dragonhawk: The simplest thing would be to let those who are so inclined discuss the implications of the Foreigners’ comments on the high God; Grok doesn’t pay attention to that stuff anyhow so it’s just as well to RP it when he’s not here to be bored pretending not to understand 9.9

Malaina: eh?

Dragonhawk: subplot of interest mostly to Jessaila and Isabis so far, and Thurirl to a somewhat lesser extent, but the lizardfolk above were going on about it a little in between throwing sharp pointy things and giving you directions to things that might eat you

  • Jessaila adopts a kitten and proclaims Adorable Fuzzy Revolution.
    Dragonhawk: or we can go out-of-timeline…or we can just have a Session of Silliness

Dragonhawk: what’s your pleasure?

Dragonhawk: (any cat that can survive this place is tough enough to work a revolution, I will grant ))

Dragonhawk: (( (where are the stats for that dire-housecat I made?…) ))

  • Jessaila makes purring sounds at her new kitten.
  • Malaina wonders if Jess needs to see someone about these issues
    DireKitten: “me-rowr?”
Isabis: “Really? Cave cats?”

Jessaila: “Ki-kit-kit-kit-kitty!”

Malaina: “I think we need to get out of these caves soon, it’s starting to affect her common sense.”

  • Seiankornai whispers (for a drake) in Mala’s ear “Do you know what language that it?”
  • Malaina slowly shakes her head now as she keeps looking at Jess
    DireKitten: “Rowr!”
  • DireKitten bats at Jessaila’s hand
    Jessaila: “Who’s a cute widdle kitty, you are! You are!”

Seiankornai: whisper “Or is she just being silly with that animal?”

Malaina: “Jess…did you drink some of the cave water?”

Jessaila: “Nope!”

  • Jessaila picks up the kitty and carries it over to Mala.
  • Malaina backs away
  • Jessaila makes the kitten wag a paw at Mala. “Say hi to Auntie Mala!”
    Malaina: “That’s ok, I can see it fine from….over here!” gets further away

Malaina: “did you happen to eat anything from the cave?”

Jessaila: “No… Why?”

Thurirl has connected.

  • DireKitten meows loudly, drawing the attention of three other kittens and a mother who were hiding under a ruined…something.
  • Jessaila squees.
    Four pairs of pointed ears point at Malaina
    Jessaila: “Here kitty-kitty-kitties!”

Thurirl: ((wait, what? Dire Kitten? O.o))

Four pairs of pointed ears reorient towards Jessaila
Malaina: “…why are they look at me?!”

  • Malaina tries to hide
    DireKitten: ((I made the “dire housecat” stats for that cat that was “stuck” in a tree))

Thurirl: ((oh man XD))

  • MamaDireCat comes out and sniffs at Jessaila
    Seiankornai: “Umm, you like these, Jess? As a keep creature, not an eating creature?”

Malaina: “I think it’s best you don’t, because this is their habitat and you never know how a creature might react out of it’s habitat!”

IsabisE: “I’m amazed these things haven’t already /been/ eaten in this place.”

IsabisE: “They must be incredibly sneaky.”

Seiankornai: (taht would be a cat)

IsabisE: “I mean…orcs, and those scaled foreigners, and the jellies…”

Seiankornai: “And skeletons…”

  • DireKitten2 takes an interest in Malaina’s boot laces
    Malaina: “You would be amazed what can survive in a cave.”
  • DireKitten3 sniffs at Isabis’s pack
  • Malaina squeaks…actually squeaks and tries to scoot away
    Jessaila: “Aw, that one’s named Aethelstan, Malaina.”
  • DireKitten2 has a moving thing to chase!
  • DireKitten2 pounces the wily shoelace!!
    Seiankornai: “Can you actually talk to them Jess? Like an elf thing or such?”

Malaina: “No, don’t pounce on that!!”

  • Malaina moves her foot up in the air, out of the way
  • Jessaila opens her mouth to respond, then frowns. “Maybe?”
  • DireKitten2 catches it on the second try, just in time for the sudden movement to untie the knot
  • DireKitten2 bites the untied end
  • Jessaila calls out to Aethelstan. “Here, kitty!”
    Malaina: “Make it stop!!!”
  • Malaina waves her foot around
  • DireKitten3 tries to get IN to Isabis’s pack
  • IsabisE picks up the third kitten to defent her parchment and ink
  • Seiankornai observes what the cats are doing, and curls his tail Away from them and holds the end in his claws
    Jessaila: “Stop moving your foot, Mala. It’s attracting the kitten.”

IsabisE: “Does Aethelstand mean, ‘persistent’ by chance?”

Malaina: “I wasn’t moving it the first time when it came over!”

  • Thurirl watches with amusement from the shadows.
    Malaina: “Shut up Thurirl!”
  • MamaDireCat sniffs around, also making good use of shadows and partial cover
    Jessaila: “That one you’ve got there, Isabis, is named Antimony.”

IsabisE: “How do you know?”

Jessaila: “Um…”

  • Malaina bends her knees and sees if she can gently pry the kitten off her boot
    Jessaila: “I don’t know? Maybe it’s an elf thing, as Seian says.”

IsabisE: “Maybe she’s a Sodium!”

Seiankornai: ((no,no, one of the little bright red cave lizards are Sodium ))

DireKitten2: (( ))

  • DireKitten2 has his claws through the bootlace, but now he’s trying to shake if off himself
    DireKitten2: “Or Ruthenium!”

DireKitten2: (( ^ Isabis ))

  • Malaina kneels down on the ground and gently pries the claws out of her boot laces
  • Jessaila makes a sound to amuse the kittens.
    Malaina: “See, this is why you don’t mess with another persons footwear.”
  • DireKitten2 finally gets its claws free and goes over to investigate the Varis
  • Vari 2 tries to get away, even though it’s such a small space
  • Vari 1 tries to climb the walls
  • DireKitten1 meows back at Jessaila and hooks a claw into the her overshirt
    Jessaila: “Ouch!”

Seiankornai: (It’s creepy! …. which is how most cats react to lizards, in my experience ))

  • DireKitten2 looks back and forth between the Varis and decides it likes the non-glowing one best
  • MamaDireCat reappears in pursuit of a bright red cave-lizard
  • Lizard FLEES with great efficiency
  • Seiankornai saves the bright red cave lizard
  • Seiankornai is probably not giving it any comfort though
  • Vari 1 is sure he doesn’t like that decision and tries to hide behind someone
  • MamaDireCat hisses in frustration and goes to look for less protected prey
    DireKitten2: “Merowr?”
  • DireKitten2 bats at Vari1’s tail-tip
  • Thurirl imitates a stalagmite… if stalagmites had to stifle laughter.
  • Jessaila pets the closest kitten.
  • Vari 1 whines as he curls his tail in “Mala!! Make it go away!”
    IsabisE: “Hehe, there’s one creature that likes you best Vari-one, glowless or not.”
  • IsabisE tries to keep Antimony contained; the kitten tries to get back into the pack
  • Malaina is suddenly tight lipped, not wanting that kitten to untie her bootlace again
  • Seiankornai hears something and looks around a passage corner
  • DireKitten1 arches its back against Jessaila’s hand
  • Jessaila gets a string out of her own backpack. “Here, kitties!”
    Seiankornai: “Oh, that’s probably what they feed on. Swarm of rats incoming!”

Jessaila: “All kitties, here’s some string!”

DireKitten1: (Ooh! String! I shall kill it!))

  • DireKitten1 attacks the string!
  • Seiankornai stands up high to avoid the flow of rats coming through
  • MamaDireCat pursues the rats! ROWR!
  • Thurirl steps a little closer to the wall to observe the kittens feed.
  • Jessaila is nonplussed by the rats.
  • Malaina gets her boot laced up once more and gets out of the way of the rats
  • MamaDireCat kills a large rat and drags in into her nest zone. The rest – 10 or 12 total – scatter.
  • DireKitten2 attempts a small rat and ends up in a noisy fight!
  • Jessaila casts a ray of frost at a rat that would otherwise escape the kittens.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 »
  • DireKitten3 helps its littermate!
    DireKitten3: ((rats get +1 to health rolls ))

Grok has connected.
Seiankornai: ((hi Grok))

DireKitten3: ((hello.))

Grok: ((Greetings))

Thurirl: ((we’re dealing with Dire Kittens))

  • Grok picks up dire kitten, and scratches under it’s head
    IsabisE: “Er, Jess, don’t feed them or they’ll follow us around!”

Seiankornai: ((silly non-canon RP))

DireKitten2
Grok: Survival « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »

Jessaila: “Not feeding them – just slowing some rats for them.”

  • DireKitten2 is unexpectedly removed from battle
    DireKitten2: “HISS!” (put me back by my food!)
  • DireKitten2 waves tiny clasw at Grok
    DireKitten2: (claws even)
  • Grok waves bigger fist at said kitten
  • DireKitten2 tries to duck, but it doesn’t work when being held that way; mainly his ears go flat
  • Malaina sighs and shakes her head, going to see if she can find something else
  • DireKitten3 finishes off the rat and drags it towards Isabis’s pack
    Grok: w “good kitten.”

Seiankornai: ((Shall we resume the canon battle shortly?))

IsabisE: “Oh, no you don’t. If you’re going to tear apart fresh prey, you do it on the drop cloth not my journals!”

Thurirl: ((But… but… kittens!))

Jessaila: ((Yes, let’s finish this battle.))

Jessaila: ((Down with the Ropers!))

Grok: ((quick question. are ropers on the ground, or hanging from the ceiling?))

Some minutes after discovering that the storerooms were inhabited by cats and rats as well as grey jellies, Grok is leading the party into roper territory. It’s the roper’s turn.
IsabisE: ((on the ground I think, but across the stream from which they typically fish))

Roper: “Food…at last, food that is not slimy fish…”

Grok: ((question 2. Are there big stalagtites above them?))

Grok: ((as in, directly above?))

Roper2: “Warm food…”

Thurirl: ((No, stalagmites are on the ground… stalactites are on the ceiling…))

Roper2: (( the whole area has assorted stalactities of various sizes; I suppose narrative control or some such might declare some in the right place.))

Seiankornai: from the back “I hear something talking about food, what is it?”

Thurirl: “Not friendly!”

  • Dragonhawk 1 whips its tentacles at Grok again, hitting « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 »
  • Roper 2 delays action until such time as more food should be in sight
  • Roper 1 drags Grok through the water and tries to bite him; Grok can make a strength check to escape vs 20
    Grok: ((Strength check? as a free action, or spend an action? Also, how is Grok held? Tentacles?))

Roper: ((wrapped in tentacles, and it’s an action on your turn I think))

  • Roper 1 bites at Grok hitting « 1d20+17 = 17 + 17 = 34 » for possible « 2d6+2 = 11 + 2 = 13 » damage. ((not sure if that’s the right bite damage, I’ll check it for next time))
    Thurirl has received initiative.
    Grok: Ouch.
  • Thurirl has his bow drawn, looking for a better vantage point.
    Grok: is the scene dramatic, and what size are these guys?

Seiankornai: ((DM is current afk))

Seiankornai: ((Thurirl might want to make a stealthy move over to a better vantage point))

  • Thurirl tries to move quick and quiet…
    Thurirl: ((Grok, please make lots of noise… I need a distraction. =P))

Seiankornai: ((I think Grok would find it hard not to do that))

Grok is disconnected.
Roper: ((they are large, and…dramatic scenes, hmm, I always forget to determine that…))

Grok has connected.
Thurirl: Sneak: « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 »

Roper: ((no, this is not a dramatic scene. These are the ‘bosses’ of this little section, no the whole dungeon, after all))

Thurirl: ((hmm… dunno if the wolves can move that far, and dunno what else to do… not sure I wanna “de-stealth” yet))

  • Roper notice « 1d20+15 = 2 + 15 = 17 »
    Seiankornai: ((iirc stealth movement is a full action anyway))
  • Thurirl pauses to see if he’s blended in as well as the enemy did.
    The ropers are too focussed on Grok’s thrashing and so forth to notice a shadow on the far wall
    Malaina has received initiative.
    Roper: (( roper bite is supposed to be 2d10+4 ))
Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Roper 3

Roper: miss

Malaina: ((I think I can only move Mala 30ft and that’s it))

Roper: ((why only 30’?))

Malaina: ((I am not sure if I could attack once I finish moving 30ft or if I could delay to attack or something))

Roper: ((you can attack if you have a ranged weapon, though Vari’s a bit in the way))

Malaina: ((Well, I can move past Vari and Thurirl to get to the 30ft mark))

Roper: ((that works))

Roper: ((you can take move actions and attack actions in any order so long as you only total 2 of them per round))

Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 20 + 10 = 30 » Chakram; Keen 4, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes) @ Roper 3 Malaina: ((Activating that crit))

Roper: roll damage then

Seiankornai: ((another crit; i beleive Mala got a crit with the Chakram last session after you had to leave))

Malaina: ((I don’t think so)) Malaina: « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » Chakram Damage

Grok: jess got the crit i thought

Grok: and me

Seiankornai: ((hmm possibly))

Jessaila: ((Um, I don’t think I acted last session.))

Malaina: ((That was Roper 3, not Roper 1))

Thurirl: ((I was gonna say…))

The first Roper perishes under the incredibly well-directed blows of Grok’s allies, leaving him prone next to an odd stalagmite
Grok has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Roper 3 DH))

Malaina: ((Not the one that got Grok))

Roper: ((gah. details ))

Thurirl: ((heh… devil lurks within them))

Malaina: ((Hehehe)

Scratch that… The Roper howls with fury.

  • Grok punches roper that is hugging him
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage

Grok: ((done))

Roper: “Ouch…feisty foodling, you demise will be sweet.”

Jessaila has received initiative.
Malaina: ((So Roper 3 didn’t die?))

Roper: ((of 4 wounds? Not even close))

Seiankornai: ((probably 15 at least))

Roper: ((but as they pointed out, Roper 1 has already taken a crit or two. …actually, though it’s also “tough” which I haven’t accounted for yet…))

  • Jessaila casteth a missile of magick strong.
    Seiankornai: ((if not more like 20))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 »
    Roper: ((aargh, why did I save a half-complete stat block in the first place?!?))

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 11 » force damage vs roper 1.

Roper: ((ah, that’s what tough does. OK, moving on.))

Roper: “Aouw! You eat that one!”

Roper: “Agreed.”

  • Jessaila also has out her longbow and does The Elf Thing.
    Roper: “Right after the one with the chakram.”
  • Jessaila shoots for the eyes. « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Bow.
    Roper: hit
Seiankornai: “Can I move past you, Vari?”
  • Vari 1 nods his head
    Jessaila: « 1d6 = 4 » Damage

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai moves up to the roper room
    Seiankornai: “Gah! They’re horrible!”

Roper: ((what, because they look inedible?))

Thurirl: ((they make Grok look pretty =P))

Seiankornai: “They’d be worse than goblins if they could move! They’re wyrmling eaters!” Isabis: “What IS it with monsters and eating baby drakes??”
  • Thurirl thinks there’s more important things than philosophy right now…
  • Seiankornai casts scorching ray at them, anger burning (Priest spell, no roll, auto hits for « 3d4 = 5 », « 3d4 = 7 ». « 3d4 = 8 » on the non-Groked one))
    Seiankornai: ((done))

Isabis has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: roper reflex « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » beat out the hotspots before the catch fire?

Malaina: ((I totally forgot to move Vari 1))

Isabis jogs up behind
Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
Jamshid follows Isabis

  • Roper 1 bites at Grok, hitting « 1d20+17 = 1 + 17 = 18 » for possible « 2d10+4 = 7 + 4 = 11 »
  • Roper 1 bites at Grok again, hitting « 1d20+17 = 19 + 17 = 36 » for possible « 2d10+4 = 15 + 4 = 19 »
    Malaina: ((Anyone going to activate that fail?))
  • Roper 3 tries to entangle Malaina, hitting « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 »
  • Roper 3 tries to entangle Malaina, hitting « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 »
    Malaina: ((I will activate that fail))

Seiankornai: ((what can we get for the fails?))

Roper: ((roper 1 failure…it accidentally bites down on Grok’s weapon, doing 1d6 damage))

Seiankornai: ((I shall activate that))

Roper: ((roper 2 failure…it fumbles so wildly it accidentally tangles itself up with real cave features, and loses its other action))

Malaina: ((Activating that))

Roper: OK

Grok: ((My weapon is my fist! Ouch!))

  • Roper 1 takes « 1d6 = 4 » “I tried to bite metal” damage
    Seiankornai: ((does Grok wear gauntlets?))

Seiankornai: ((or maybe he just picked up a rock and shoved it in its mouth))

The roper tried to bite Grok and hit the cannon strapped across his back instead.
Thurirl: ((chipped tooth; ouch))

Grok: W “You no touch betsie! You die now!”

Roper3 fails to entangle Malaina as it catches its tentacles on the longest real stalactite in the cave instead, and curses horribly as it disentangles itself
Thurirl has received initiative.

  • Thurirl has a very good vantage point and plenty of distractions… and all his little lights are back in the tunnel…
    Malaina: ((Rememeber, Moon glow Vari is there))
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage, AP 4.
    Thurirl: ((oooh, shinee distractions! even better!))

Roper: (( 1 or 3?))

Thurirl: ((Roper 3, sorry… figure best kill it before someone else gets tangled))

Roper: ((damage noted))

Roper: ((got another action, Thurirl?))

Seiankornai: ((he should have one more))

Thurirl: ((sorry; shinee internet distractions))
  • Thurirl lines up another shot and fires.
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+8 = 12 + 8 = 20 » for « 1d6 = 5 » damage, AP 4.
    Roper: miss

Malaina has received initiative.

  • Thurirl is somehow not surprised to see his second arrow plink off the monster’s natural armor.
    Seiankornai: ((reading the PF description of them, apparently they can shift their body and change shape slightly, so they can actually dodge; they’re just stuck in place))
  • Malaina curses because she doesn’t want to lose another Chakram
    Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 17 + 6 = 23 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Roper 3

Roper: hit

Vari 2: « 2d6 = 7 » Fire Breath Damage/ Fire Damage Vari 2: « 1d20+6 = 12 + 6 = 18 » Fire Breath; Threat Range 20 (increases to 18-20 w/Favored Foe), Beam/Range 20ft, Damage type: Fire @ Roper 3

Roper: miss

Roper: ((also, a “miss” also encompasses shots that bounce off of armor etc))

Malaina: ((Can Vari 1 move past the others?))

Roper: ((sure, they all moved past him after all )

Malaina: ((Could I double move him to Mala?))

Roper: ((don’t know why not, just end him in an empy space that isn’t water))

Malaina: ((And done!))

Seiankornai: ((yep, it’s an explcite rule that you can move through allies (otherwise, situations like this would be very akward))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok pounds on the one that bit his precious cannon
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage

Grok: ((done))

Roper: “Oof. Stopit!”

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila offers up her one-two magic archery combo again.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    Grok: ((what tongue are they speaking?))

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 8 » damage if it hits.

  • Jessaila shoots her bow. « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » to hit for « 1d6 = 6 » damage.
    Roper: ((Gamok probably))

Roper: ((the roper doesn’t care that Grok doesn’t understand him anyhow, he’s used to talking to fish ))

Roper: miss and miss Jessaila

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((ropers like the philosophise))

Roper: ((they probably liked it a lot better here when there were actually people once in a while, but it’s been a couple decades at this point.))

Roper: ((and then it was just a stupid lizardman who couldn’t talk to them and wasn’t even warm. You are the most interesting AND the tastiest looking things to come in here in ages ))

Thurirl: ((I was not aware that shadows appeared tasty… =P))

Seiankornai: ((well they haven’t gone after you just the ogre and an attempt on the human))

Roper: ((you-all))

Seiankornai: ((oh, it is my turn ))

  • Seiankornai judges whether he can get some fire breath on the roper without hurting Grok (too much)
    Roper: ((if Grok is prone))

Seiankornai: W “Grok, duck!”

  • Seiankornai breaths fire at the roper, just barely missing Grok
    Seiankornai: Fire hits « 1d20+10 = 16 + 10 = 26 » for « 2d6+4 = 8 + 4 = 12 » damage
  • Grok is a little tied up right now, and isn’t really able to get out the of way easily
    Seiankornai: (Ref DC 20 for half, then DC 12 or 6 to avoid catching on fire))

Roper: (3) “Clever food…we haven’t dealt with cleverlings in too long.”

Grok: ((with GM’s permission, I’d like to take that damage as well))

Unknown command: “/me thrashes Grok into the line of fire, attempting to protect himself (reflex [1d20+7] )”. Try /help for a list of commands.

  • Roper thrashes Grok into the line of fire, attempting to protect himself (reflex « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » )
    Seiankornai: ((hah, not good enough!))
  • Roper beats out the hot spots (reflex « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » )
    Roper: ((OK, Grok is also damaged))

Grok: Reflex « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »

  • Roper succeeds in getting Grok slightly roasted but doesn’t really save itself any damage as its tentacles are burned too
    Grok: Reflex no fire catching « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »

Seiankornai: ((Done))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Roper edges behind the main combattants, seeking a good vantage point for her bow
    Grok: W “Hot Hot Hot!”

Roper: (( ^ Isabis ))

Grok: ((good roper! Get them!))

Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.

  • Roper 1 bites Grok « 1d20+17 = 6 + 17 = 23 » for possible « 2d10+4 = 9 + 4 = 13 »
  • Roper 1 bites Grok « 1d20+17 = 20 + 17 = 37 » for possible « 2d10+4 = 14 + 4 = 18 »
    Seiankornai: ((oh dear))
  • Roper 3 tries to get Malaina again « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 »
  • Roper 3 tries to get Malaina again « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    Grok: miss and hit, obvioiusly
  • Roper 3 drags Malaina right to the edge of the river, but then misses her with its second pull – it must still have a kink in that tentacle from the stalactite
    Thurirl has received initiative.
  • Thurirl is a bit alarmed that Malaina got nabbed. That current is swift! He makes with the magic…
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 19 + 14 = 33 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 12 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 13 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 8 »; AP 5)
  • Roper 3 howls in pain as the scorching rays burn into its hide!
    Roper: ((one more action))
  • Thurirl lines up and shoots an arrow at his foe!
    Attacks « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 » for « 1d6 = 3 » damage, AP 4.
    Roper: miss
Thurirl: ((okay… I’m gonna have to set up Dead Shot stance next turn…))

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: ((Could Vari try to claw the tentacles off?))

Roper: ((certainly. They break with slashing damage of 10 points against defense 20))

Roper: ((claws are the right tools for the job really))

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 15 + 8 = 23 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ Roper 3

Roper: hit

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ Roper 3 Vari 1: « 1d8+3 = 1 + 3 = 4 » Claw Damage Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 9 + 8 = 17 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe)

Malaina: ((Is there anything Mala can do?)

Seiankornai: ((use her sword?))

Roper: ((indeed, or make a strenght check vs 20 to simply break away, either one))

Roper: ((or even both))

Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10 Thurirl: ((Better have long reach… that’s a wide stream…)) Malaina: ((I am cutting at the tentacles))

Roper: ((the strands that are on her don’t require reach))

Thurirl: ((Ah, right… duly noted.))

Roper: roll damage, you know it’s a hit, I told you the AC

Malaina: « 1d12+2+2 = 10 + 2 + 2 = 14 » Rostislasi Damage (GM roll for Bleed) Malaina: ((Does that count for Keen?))

me howls again as Malaina severs a tentacle
Grok: Howl away, me. Howl away

Roper: ((oy. command failure))

  • Roper howls again as Malaina severs a tentacle
    Malaina: ((Does that count for Keen?))

Roper: ((it’s only 24, so apparently not))

Seiankornai: ((needs 25 to get a potential critical injury; close))

Seiankornai: ((could spend an AD on it, though I’d save that for a hit on the main body))

Malaina: ((Ok, I guess I get one more attack)) Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 17 + 11 = 28 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10

Roper: hit (that’s a reach weapon, right?)

Malaina: ((I thought I was attacking the tentacles))

Roper: ((the tentacle is already severed, so you can’t attack it further))

Malaina: ((Oh, then I retcon it, I am moving her out the way))

Roper: ((or, well, you can but the bit on that side of the river is dead already ))

Roper: ((also for anyone who’s wondering, we’re stopping at the bottom of init))

Malaina: ((It’s a longsword, I don’t think it would hit that far, only one that probably could is my Halbred and that isn’t drawn))

Roper: ((ah, yes, you’d need to get it out))

Roper: ((go ahead and move then))

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok continues to pound away
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage

Grok: sigh…

Grok: ((done))

Roper: ((one hit one miss))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila casts-shoots again…
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    Jessaila: ((…not again))

Back in the previous tunnel, the wolves sniff around, wondering why the tall pack went into the place where the Bad Rocks That Eat Orcs, and when pack leader is coming back, and whether they could catch any of the rats they smell
Roper: ((that’s rather astonishing, too bad it isn’t useful ))

  • Jessaila uses the feint trick.
    Jessaila: ((Presti versus Notice: if I win the opposed check, then the roper is flat-footed.))

Jessaila: ((We’ll go with roper one.))

  • Jessaila has fast fingers. « 1d20+8 = 11 + 8 = 19 » Prestidigitation
    Roper: notice: « 1d20+15 = 10 + 15 = 25 »

Jessaila: ((Bah.))

Jessaila: ((In any case, cost me nothing… done.))

Roper: “I see you being…urgh…sneaky over there, cleverling…ugh…”

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Roper 3 coughs
  • Seiankornai bites at the roper from across the stream
    Bite Hits « 1d20+12 = 6 + 12 = 18 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage
    Seiankornai: ((bah))
  • Thurirl gets the feeling the thing is trying to speak to him. Luckily, he does not speak whatever horrid language is assaulting his ears.
    Seiankornai: ((done))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 »
  • Isabis shoots her foe, hitting « 1d20+6 = 10 + 6 = 16 »
    Isabis wastes two arrows in the general direction of roper 3
    Jamshid par-Bahadur has received initiative.
    Game Saved
    Log Saved
    Dragonhawk: Next week at the usual time
  • Jessaila nods.
    Thurirl: gotcha

Jessaila: You know, we are really stinking at the rolls tonight.

Meanwhile, a surprised wolf finds itself nose-to-nose with a dire housecat…
Grok: so it seems.

Grok: go housecat!

Thurirl: ((oh dear…))

Log 89

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 88

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User