Log 93

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 92

Jessaila has connected.
Host has connected.
Seiankornai has connected.
Grok has connected.
Dragonhawk: GOOD evening

Jessaila: Well, it’s some kind of evening.

Malaina has connected.
Grok: one way to put it

Dragonhawk: random room rolls:
« 1d6 = 4 » « 1d6 = 3 » « 1d6 = 5 »
« 1d6 = 4 » « 1d6 = 1 » « 1d6 = 2 » « 1d6 = 3 »
« 1d6 = 4 » « 1d6 = 2 » « 1d6 = 4 »

skeletons in first room « 1d4 = 1 »
[wights in second [1d2]
skeles past the pool [1d4] and south by Arundil’s place [1d4] and on the far south-east [1d4]
wights in second « 1d2 = 1 »
skeles past the pool « 1d4 = 3 » and south by Arundil’s place « 1d4 = 2 » and on the far south-east « 1d4 = 3 »
Thurirl has connected.
Thurirl: ((yarr))

Seiankornai: greetings

Thurirl: Heard a rumor there was a game of some sort going on tonight right here… =P

Dragonhawk: heh

Player “When” is not connected.
Thurirl: sigh I had budget stuff to do, but I’m not sure how compatible it is with MapTool running… I know some programs don’t like sharing resources.

Dragonhawk: got it all saved, then?

Thurirl: Haven’t even started. >.

Dragonhawk: ah. Well if it doesn’t use Java it shouldn’t be a problem

Thurirl: …dagnabbit, Maptool, that’s supposed to be an emoticon, not an html tag!

Dragonhawk: heh

Grok: hmm, this might be amusing

Dragonhawk: all right then, here goes

When last we saw our heroes, Isabis had just opened a hidden door in the east end of the desecrated shrine to the Faces of Creation, giving you a view of a new chamber.

  • Jessaila pokes her head in and looks for traps.
    The first chamber is nothing but a blind, containing the back side of another hidden door, easily detected from this side.
  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+12 = 15 + 12 = 27 » Notice
  • Grok lifts up torch drake, and looks for monsters or interesting loot.
    You whisper to Jessaila: you hear a faint moaning, probably coming from the far side of door #2
    Seiankornai: ((let me go!))

Thurirl: ((switches maps quickly))

Jessaila: “Shh… I hear something moaning.”

Grok: ((Be my light!))

You whisper to Jessaila: no traps here, this is the back side
Malaina: “Be careful Jess, who knows if there are more undead around.”

Thurirl: whisper “Possibly more undead. We should be cautious.”

  • Thurirl leaves unsaid the thought that they should also be as un-ogre-like as possible.
    Grok: ((I assume the 2nd secret door is open?))

Seiankornai: ((trap check first))

  • Jessaila takes a cautious peek into the room she heard moans out of.
    Dragonhawk: ((well, I figured that when I changed the visibility, but…ok, NOW it’s open.))

The second door opens into a hallway, which in turn leads to a chamber about 30’ square. A dark pool fills the center of the room, and the weird moaning is clearly coming from in there…you can’t quite make out words from here.
Doors line this hallway and another on the far side of the pool.
Also…are those your favorite dire-cats?
Seiankornai: ((kittens you mean?))

Dragonhawk: ((3 kittens and their mother ))

(Everyone may take one round’s worth of actions now, but don’t go crazy, things may happen ))

  • Seiankornai waits for the way to be clear
  • Malaina pulls her longsword out of it’s sheath to be ready in case of an attack
  • Thurirl decides to attend to his wolves, seeing if he can find some clean bones for them. He’s thinking of starting in the area where a fire started…
  • Vari 2 waits with his twin to see if anything will happen
    Dragonhawk: ((Jessaila, you going to stand there in the doorway?))
  • Grok opens 1st door to the north, reaching around Jess if need be.
  • Jessaila checks to see if the cats have become undead or something.
    Jessaila: ((Just cautious, you see. ))

Thurirl: ((Ack, no! The ogre is doing something!))

From here, you can see one mother can sitting in the middle of the opening to the next hallway, staring in fascination at nothing you can see; the kittens are cowering in a corner.
Jessaila: ((Where is it staring?))

You can’t check their pulses from here of course, but they’re moving. Of course, so is the skeleton Grok just found…
Dragonhawk: ((down the hallway; it’s back it to you))

  • skeleton stares blankly (how else?) at the open door
  • Grok throws a rock at skeleton, assuming it is animated, and not just a pile of bones
    Grok: Grok throws a rock at the foe! « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 » to hit, for « 1d12+10 = 5 + 10 = 15 » damage, AP 4, and smaller opponents must make a Fortitude save DC equal to damage suffered, or become sprawled.
  • Jessaila advances forward and casts Magic Vestment on herself.
    Thurirl: ((I petition that our new phrase for bad stuff happening be “Dammit, Grok.”))
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 »
  • skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » vs 17
    Seiankornai: ((eh, this isn’t so bad, just the one, probably smasehd now))

Seiankornai: ((or not))

Jessaila: ((Seconded, Thurirl.))

Grok: W “Bone thing.”

skeleton: ((OK, Grok and Jessaila have used up their actions; anyone who readied a weapon has used a half-action))

Grok: ((that would be my one round of actions))

Malaina: ((Can Mala go around Grok to check up on Jess?))

Thurirl: W “Bone thing go smashy-smash?”

Seiankornai: ((you can move through ally spaces, yes))

skeleton: ((yeah, if you can move through people’s squares in combat you can move though them in non-comabat))

Malaina: ((There, I don’t think the next Vari can fit))

Seiankornai: ((it’s not assumed we take up the whole space, unless your something like a gelatinuous cube ))

  • Isabis moves up but stays behind the big people.
  • Seiankornai slithes behind Grok to follow the others, letting Grok have his “toy”
  • Isabis sends her skeleton in with the other skeleton
    Malaina: ((We have so many big things!))

Seiankornai: ((we do!))

Thurirl finds some fire-blackened bones. They should be sterile, anyway
Jamshid examines the carvings more closely while he waits for the hallway to be unblocked
Thurirl: ((and here I was about to talk about him feeling this strange compulsion to follow the others… =P))

Grok: W “Not smash yet.”

  • Skeleton looks at the new skeleton shrugs, throws the rock back at Grok
  • Skeleton hits « 1d20+12 = 3 + 12 = 15 » for possible « 1d12+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 »
  • Skeleton bounces the rock of the doorjamb and looks for something else to throw, coming up with what looks like the end of a drawer
    Thurirl: W “You good at smash. Will fix soon.”

You whisper to Jessaila: whisper me a check here, you need a will save vs. 16
You whisper to Malaina: whisper me a check here, you need a will save vs. 16
You whisper to Seiankornai: whisper me a check here, you need a will save vs. 16
Thurirl: ((….wait, did I just pay Grok a compliment? O.o;; I… okay, did not see that coming.))

Malaina: « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » Will

You whisper to Malaina: and one for the nearest vari. Also? Whisper is /w
Jessaila whispers: Okay, moment
Malaina: !1d6

Malaina: « 1d6 = 5 » Malaina: « 1d6 = 5 »

Skeleton: ((that’s not a whisper ))

Malaina: « 1d6 = 3 »

Seiankornai whispers: will save « 1d20+5 = 2 + 5 = 7 »
Jessaila whispers: « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » Will save v16
Seiankornai whispers: oh dear
You whisper to Jessaila: you save (hold for description)
You whisper to Seiankornai: You are now “fixated” on the sound of babbling, see page 213
Vari 2: ((I don’t know how to whisper))

Seiankornai: (( /w dragonhawk blahblahblah))

You whisper to Malaina: Was that the die exploding on a 5 insead of a 6? If so you definitely saved
Vari 2 whispers: yes, it exploded twice
Vari 2 whispers: I have Lady Luck
Player “OK,” is not connected.
You whisper to Malaina: OK, Malaina is totally unaffected roll for Vari please
Vari 2 whispers: how do i whisper a roll?
Thurirl: ((it’s a little finicky sometimes, and I keep forgetting it myself…))

You whisper to Malaina: it’s the same as a regular roll, it just goes after the “/w Dragonhawk” part
Vari 2 whispers: « 1d20+3 = 4 + 3 = 7 »
Skeleton: ((my attempt to surprise the unaffected party members is failed oh well))

You whisper to Malaina: Vari 2 (and only 2) is now “fixated” on the sound of babbling, per page 213; he cannot attack or make skill checks and must make at least 1 move toward the sound until he is snapped out of it be A) a resolve check on his turn or B) an attack on his person (friendly shakings count)
The sound of babbling gets louder; you can make out some words in dwarf-accented Gamok here and there but nothing makes sense

  • Seiankornai seems drawn to the noise
  • Grok grins. This skeleton fights the way Grok likes.
  • Vari 2 tries to shove his way past Jess and Mala to get to the noise
    Also, an ethereal dwarvish form is becoming vaguely visible…oh, that’s what the cat is staring at.
    Skeleton: ((init))
Grok: Grok acts quickly, with a roll of « 1d20+9 = 16 + 9 = 25 »
  • Skeleton init « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 »
    Thurirl: Initiative: « 1d20+8 = 17 + 8 = 25 »

Skeleton: Isabis init « 1d20+7 = 2 + 7 = 9 »

  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » Initiative.
    Malaina: « 1d20+10 = 14 + 10 = 24 » Malaina and Vari’s Initiative

Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » init

  • Arundil init « 1d20+10 = 15 + 10 = 25 »
  • Arundil wails and moan, wafting down the hallway
    The cat follows Arundil
    Grok has received initiative.
  • Grok pulls an item from his special bag, and throws it at the skeleton
    Grok: « 1d8 = 7 » « 1d8 = 4 »
Grok: Grok throws an object at the foe! « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 »

Grok throws a small hand drum, makign lots of noise, and missing the skeleton

  • Grok resorts to javilins
    Grok: Grok throws a javilin at the enemy! « 1d20+13 = 16 + 13 = 29 » to hit for « 1d10+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage. If the attack check succeeds by 4 or more, an additional adjacent opponent is also hit

Grok: ((done))

Dragonhawk: Skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » vs 23

Thurirl has received initiative.
Thurirl: ((guess I could wiggle my way through and inside…))

Thurirl: ((tail slap have reach?))

Seiankornai: ((yep))

Dragonhawk: ((you gonna slap the skeleton, then?))

  • Thurirl whips his tail at his foe with fearsome speed!
    Attacks « 1d20+5 = 15 + 5 = 20 » for « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: Skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » vs 27

Seiankornai: ((nice))

Thurirl slaps the skeleton back to disconnected bones
Malaina has received initiative.
You whisper to Malaina: remember, Vari 2 is perfectly capable to walk around Mala and Jess
Vari 2: « 1d20+4 = 5 + 4 = 9 » Resolve

  • Thurirl might have a smug look on his face. Someone ask Malaina to check.
    Malaina: “Vari? Where are you going?”

Seiankornai: “Niiiiice vooooice…..”

  • Malaina tries to tug on his tail to get his attention because he has never not ignored her
    Vari stops short with a jerk of startlement, and only then notices the skeletons he’s been wandering right past….
    Thurirl: “…Seian? Is something wrong?”
Malaina: “….Wonderful.”
  • Seiankornai doesn’t respond
    Thurirl: “…we may be in a less than optimal situation.”

Dragonhawk: ((move action and shaking vari is Mala’s turn, Vari 1 sitll has actions))

Malaina: ((Done))

Jessaila has received initiative.
You whisper to Thurirl: that ability score damage you took last time heals at the rate of 1 point per day when you get a full night’s sleep, by the way.
Thurirl whispers: Duly noted.

  • Jessaila moves into the main room, noticing skeletons to both sides.
    Thurirl whispers: Constitution damage, right?
  • Jessaila ignores them and goes after the ghostie.
    You whisper to Thurirl: ((yeah, 4 pts I believe))
    Jessaila vaults the pool! Roll acrobatics vs 15 or fall in
    Jessaila: It’s a good thing she’s flexible. « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » Acrobatics.

Malaina: ((AD it!))

Jessaila: ((Oh, you’re joking.)) Thurirl: ((…you’ve gotta be kiddin’ me.))

Jessaila: « 1d6 = 2 » AD

Dragonhawk: ((heh, OK))

Seiankornai: ((hehe))

Dragonhawk: ((So that was a move action, yes?))

  • Jessaila casts magic missiles at the ghost (er, did we determine it was unfriendly, yes?)
    Dragonhawk: ((you don’t technically know I guess, but…ghost.))

Dragonhawk: ((who could blame you for making assumptions))

  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
    Jessaila: ((Oh! Crit!))
Thurirl: ((ouch))

Jessaila: ((I use AD to activate.))

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 9 » Damage (if’n it matters)

  • Arundil wails loudly and angrily. You hear a clattering from further down the hallway.
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Jessaila: “Head shot.”

  • Jessaila is done.
    Malaina: ((Boom…headshot))

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Seiankornai: Resolve « 1d20+9 = 19 + 9 = 28 »

  • Seiankornai shakes himself, “Wha? What was that voice? Oh, more baddies?”
    Grok: ((nice work))
  • Seiankornai idly attacks one of the skeletons (contempt)
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 1 + 12 = 13 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 » damage, etc
  • Arundil howls in pain and fury
    Dragonhawk: miss

Seiankornai: ((done then))

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis weaves through the hallway, saying “Wha’t going on up there?”
  • Thurirl makes a note to thank Jessaila for making the situation far closer to optimal.
  • Isabis makes a will save « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » vs 16
    Isabis: “Oooh, and allip. Not your everyday skeleton, that.”

Dragonhawk: Skeletons attack!
no191 vs Vari2 hitting « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 »
no756 vs Malaina hitting « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 »
no 447 vs Isabis hitting « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 »
515 vs Isabis hitting « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 »
Isabis’s own hitting no 447 for « 1d20+12 = 17 + 12 = 29 »

Seiankornai: ((ouch))

Dragonhawk: ((wow, I think they all hit!))

Dragonhawk: damage in order from the top then: « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » « 1d6+1 = 5 + 1 = 6 »

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 447 saves for [1d20+7 vs 13

Dragonhawk: Skeletons attack again because they didn’t have to move more than 5 feet!
no191 vs Vari2 hitting « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 »
no756 vs Malaina hitting « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 »
no 447 vs Isabis hitting « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 »
515 vs Isabis hitting « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 »
Isabis’s own hitting no 447 for « 1d20+12 = 15 + 12 = 27 »

Dragonhawk: damage in order from the top again: « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » (Isabis’s skele doesn’t get a second attack, oops)

Malaina: ((If the 4 and 3 are Vari and Mala, no damage))

Dragonhawk: OK, so 7 on Vari less DR twice; 8 on Mala ditto; 23 on Isabis less dr 4 times

More skeletons come jogging down the hallway behind Arundil
Mother dire-cat snaps out of her fascination and dives under the broken corner of a door

  • Arundil approaches Jessail and tries to touch her – his ghostly hand passes right through her amor! Hitting « 1d20+8 = 6 + 8 = 14 »
    Jessaila: ((Not even.))
Arundil: ((yeah, not kidding. …what’s your defense?))

Jessaila: ((18+1))

Now that he’s howling out loud, Gamok speakers can make out connected phrases in Arundil’s babbling
Arundil: “babble babble Killed the acolyes…killed everyone, horrid orcs…trying to take us back to the Crone…kill them all…”

Grok has received initiative.

  • Grok opens door to the south
    Grok finds what used to be a minor barracks. Hey look, there’s still soldiers in it…sort of.
    Modifying the fog-of-war manually without a server running affects only the global exposed area (i.e. the entire map), even
    if one or more tokens are selected. If you want your changes to apply to individual tokens, start a MapTool server with
    Individual Fog enabled (you can leave the Alias field empty to make an anonymous server, if you wish).

This warning will not appear again for this campaign.
Grok: W “Scroll in there, Thurirl?”

  • Grok smiles, and lays into the 1st bone man
    You whisper to Thurirl: Thurirl
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage

Thurirl whispers: Yes, oh Patient One?
You whisper to Thurirl: the room you’re in has been stripped bare; even the skeleton was not wearing any shreds of decaying cloth nor rusted armor. There’s a bit of broken furniture, but it’s all broken open and left empty.
You whisper to Thurirl: also, you just learned what happens if you accidentally send an empty whisper
Thurirl: Vessa “I’m beginning to feel those dwaves sent us here for less than honest reasons…”

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 338 saves for « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » vs 16

Thurirl whispers: I did? When?
Grok: ((Done))

You whisper to Thurirl: when you got a whisper that was only your name.
Thurirl has received initiative.
Thurirl whispers: okay then
Thurirl: ((better make this quick; nature’s calling))

Seiankornai: V “Seems to be the nature of the residence of this place.”

Grok: ((So i’m wondering if this is just a hornet’s nest Grok is kicking over, or whether these guys would have tried to ambush us.))

  • Thurirl seeks to help undo Grok’s untimely need to make the situation worse…
    Seiankornai: ((*residents))
Thurirl: ((It’s both, Grok. I’d bet on it.))

Grok: ((Hey, there’s two more doors! I can make this much worse!))

Thurirl: ((Tail slap and magic okay?))

Grok: you know, with Grok in the door, 2, maybe three could attack. now that you are in the room, well, good luck.))

Dragonhawk: ((OOC, all the undead on this side of the secret doors were animated by the Arundil when he was still an alive insane dwarf; they all have orders to defend a certain area, in this case, the barracks. None of them take new orders since Arundil became a dead insane dwarf, so no, they wouldn’t ambush you; only the ones in the room Arundil is in pay attention to him.))

Grok: ((well, more exp

Dragonhawk: ((you spent a move action, so for this round it’s tail slap OR magic))

Grok: ((and, opps.))

Dragonhawk: ((these guys would’ve attacked you any time you came in, allip or not ))

Thurirl: ((Can I target scorching rays at three separate targets?))

Dragonhawk: ((yes))

  • Thurirl burns everything to his left.
    Dragonhawk: ((got it, east side in order starting from the doorway ))
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 14 + 14 = 28 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 8 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 9 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 15 »; AP 5)
    Dragonhawk: Skeleton 338 saves for « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » vs 20

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 659 saves for « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » vs14

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 209 saves for « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » vs17

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 209 smolders a little

Malaina has received initiative.
Malaina: « 1d20+11+1 = 19 + 11 + 1 = 31 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10, Skull Crack @ 756

Malaina: ((Not spending an AD since I used Skull Crack))

Dragonhawk: ((yes, dead))

Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 191 Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 20 + 8 = 28 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 191 Vari 2: ((Uhh…yea, I’ll activate it))

Malaina and Vari2 efficiently dispatch the skeletons on their side of the room
Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 18 + 8 = 26 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 447

Dragonhawk: ((you can’t end movement on top of an enemy; technically, the rules say you insta-die if you do that))

Vari 1: ((If you can move Mala 5ft, that would be great))

Dragonhawk: ((in fact, you can’t end movement on top of anyone – squeeze past yes, stop in same square no))

Vari 1: ((I can’t get to her token)) Vari 1: ((Thank you))

Dragonhawk: ((no problem))

Vari 1: ((Assuming I hit)) Vari 1: « 1d8+3 = 5 + 3 = 8 » Claw Damage

Dragonhawk: ((you can’t attack from there because you can’t stop there; he has to keep moving to an empty space large enough to hold him))

Vari 1: ((And done))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila expects her saber will have no effect on the ghost.
  • Jessaila therefore steps back five feet and magic missiles fly from her free hand.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 »
    Dragonhawk: (hit)

Jessaila: « 3d6 = 11 » damage

  • Arundil howls and babbles: “desecrated my poor shrine!…left me alone with all these dead orcs…”
    Jessaila: “We’re here to clean out the orcs and let you pass on!”

Jessaila: “Let us restore this to the dwarves!”

Dragonhawk: ((BRB))

  • Thurirl can’t really understand Gamok, so just ignores the no doubt insane ranting.
    Grok: ((eh, someone go desecrate his shrine again))
Thurirl: ((I doubt that’d fix things. =P Might not even make it worse.))

Dragonhawk: ((back))

  • Jessaila backs up into the room.
    Seiankornai has received initiative.
  • Seiankornai noms bones
    Seiankornai: Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 17 + 12 = 29 » for « 1d10+8 = 1 + 8 = 9 »
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 10 + 12 = 22 » for « 1d10+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 »

Seiankornai: ((first on 447, second on 515))

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 447 saves for « 1d20+7 = 18 + 7 = 25 » vs 17

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 515 saves for « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » vs 15

Isabis has received initiative.

  • Isabis steps back up onto the edge of the pool and whips skeleton 447, hitting « 1d20+6 = 11 + 6 = 17 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 »
    Isabis: Skeleton 447 saves for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » vs 19
  • Isabis tries for the other, hitting « 1d20+6 = 20 + 6 = 26 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 »
    Isabis: Skeleton 515 saves for « 1d20+7 = 20 + 7 = 27 » vs 17
Thurirl: ((crowded at the pool today… let’s not go swimming, Grok…))

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 515 attacks Isabis, hitting « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » for possible « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
and Isabis’s skeleton attacks back, hitting « 1d20+12 = 12 + 12 = 24 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 2 + 1 = 3 »

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 515 saves for « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » vs 18

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 515 attacks the other skeleton, hitting « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » for possible « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
and Isabis’s skeleton attacks back, hitting « 1d20+12 = 3 + 12 = 15 » for possible « 1d6+1 = 3 + 1 = 4 »

Dragonhawk: Isabis’s skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » vs 12

Isabis: “Well, so much for that one.”

Dragonhawk: Arundil attacks Jessaila again, hitting « 1d20+ = 7 »

Dragonhawk: Arundil attacks Jessaila again, hitting « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 »

Dragonhawk: Arundil is apparently to crazy to aim

Grok has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: Isabis tries not to fall in the water when she is hit: acrobatics for « 1d20+3 = 16 + 3 = 19 » vs 15

Grok: ((Guardroom skelies do nothing?))

Dragonhawk: ((oh, I almost forgot them ))

Thurirl: ((Thanks, Grok. XD))
  • Thurirl finds this to be a less-than-desirable outcome of entering the room…
    Grok: ((Anytime))

Dragonhawk: Guardroom skeletons attack mostly Thurirl!
no 150 hits « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 »
no 454 hits « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 »
no209 hits « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 »
no 77 hits « 1d20+13 = 19 + 13 = 32 »
no659 hits Grok for hits « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 »
and the two in the back corners each pick up a bow and shoot:at Thurirl, « 1d20+12 = 6 + 12 = 18 » and at Grok « 1d20+12 = 2 + 12 = 14 »

Dragonhawk: ((how many hits you two?))

Grok: none

Grok: thurirl took at least 3, probably 4

Thurirl: ((ow ow ow ow D= stop hitting me!)) Thurirl: ((Being Batman isn’t fun anymore!))

Dragonhawk: near skeletons do damage « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 » « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » and « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » and the arrow « 1d6 = 2 »

Grok: ((Batman uses gas pellets for situations like this…))

Dragonhawk: ((skeletons are immune need the bat-caller thing to confuse them instead))

Thurirl: ((vitality?))

Grok: yes, minus dr

Thurirl: ((ow, 16…))

Dragonhawk: ((yes of course, they’re very ordinary standard characters, can’t activate crits even if they have them))

  • Grok smashes the skeleton right in front of Grok, then skeleton 150
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage

Dragonhawk: 14 misses, you want the second hit on 659 after all?

Grok: yeah, sure

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 659 saves for « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » vs 20

Thurirl has received initiative.
Thurirl: ((well, I think I can take one out…))

  • Thurirl seeks a bit of walking room… 150 has a tail aimed at it.
  • Thurirl whips his tail at his foe with fearsome speed!
    Attacks « 1d20+5 = 16 + 5 = 21 » for « 1d8+1 = 7 + 1 = 8 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: Skeleton 150 saves for « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 » vs 14
Thurirl: ((bugger))

Grok: feel free to retreat behind me

Grok: better defense and better dr. I probably can take this room, just will take a long time

Dragonhawk: ((technically, if Grok stand aside a little, Thurirl can attack diagonally through the door and help him))

Dragonhawk: ((….oh. Also, Thurirl and Grok must roll will saves, as the allip is nearer to them now.))

Dragonhawk: ((vs 16))

Thurirl: Will Save: « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 »

Grok: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 »

  • Thurirl ignores the weird voice in Gamok, having something a bit more, er, “interesting” to pay attention to…
    You whisper to Thurirl: and Grok are FAR to busy dealing with soldier skeletons to listen to babbling
    Thurirl and Grok are FAR to busy dealing with soldier skeletons to listen to babbling
  • Grok ignores babblers as a general rule
    Dragonhawk: ((OK, one more action Thurirl))
  • Thurirl decides perhaps fighting up front and unstealthed was a poor decision… he seeks to disappear under Groks legs…
    Thurirl: ((should be a big friend of mine there =P))
Thurirl: Sneaky-Sneak: « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 »

Dragonhawk: skeletons aren’t smart enough to notice Thurirl behind Grok, nor frankly do they care once he’s out of immediate sight

Dragonhawk: ((move your token))

Malaina has received initiative.
Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 566

Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » Claw Attack; Threat Range 19-20 (increases to 17-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 566

Dragonhawk: miss

Malaina: « 1d20+11+1 = 10 + 11 + 1 = 22 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10, Skull Crack @ 515 Malaina: ((Is this room high enough for Vari 2 to fly up so I cna try a Fire attack?))

Dragonhawk: ((not really. Dwarf quarters, you know.))

Malaina: ((Hmmm…not enough room to manuever anywhere. Well, my turn is done))

Jessaila has received initiative.

  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 »
    Jessaila: Magic missiles make « 3d6 = 8 » Damage
  • Arundil howls some more
  • Jessaila then multitasks by striking with her saber at 295.
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » tohit, « 1d10 = 4 » for damage.
    Arundil: “…made a wight in my poor shrine…have to get it out…can’t get it out…have to get it out…”
Malaina: “Jess, I think you’re making him madder!”

Dragonhawk: miss

Seiankornai has received initiative.
Thurirl: ((But he’s already mad as a March Hare. =P ducks))

  • Seiankornai looks at the pool, just regular water?
    Dragonhawk: Yes, perhaps not as clear as it might be…an old well?

Seiankornai: ((a well? how deep does it look?))

Dragonhawk: ((deeper than you can see with all that silt))

Dragonhawk: ((it must be like OUR well 9.9 full of minerals and stuff))

Grok: ((I take it things aren’t going well for you.))

  • Seiankornai just walks over the pile of bones then, instead of taking a soak. Bites the walking bones
    Bite hites « 1d20+12 = 20 + 12 = 32 » for « 1d10+8 = 8 + 8 = 16 »
    Bite hites « 1d20+12 = 2 + 12 = 14 » for « 1d10+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »
    Dragonhawk: ((eh, it’s nontoxic. Makes everything look rusted though ))

Seiankornai: ((activate the crit))

Seiankornai: ((211 then 101))

Dragonhawk: missing the second one

Isabis has received initiative.
Seiankornai: ((Isabis has a hot drake fighting over her shoulder))

  • Isabis casts magic missile at the Allip, twice. Casting « 1d20+14 = 18 + 14 = 32 » for damage « 3d6 = 6 » and « 1d20+14 = 20 + 14 = 34 » for « 3d6 = 8 »
    Dragonhawk: Skeletons attack!
    no77 hits Grok for « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » and « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 »
    no 150 hits Grok for « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 » and « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 »
    no 713 shoots Grok for « 1d20+12 = 9 + 12 = 21 » and « 1d20+12 = 15 + 12 = 27 »
    no 788 shoots Grok for « 1d20+12 = 2 + 12 = 14 » and « 1d20+12 = 17 + 12 = 29 »
    no101 hits Isabis for « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » and « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 »
    no295 hits Jessaila for « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » and « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 »
    no566 hits Vari1 for « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » and « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 »

Dragonhawk: Isabis takes damage « 1d6+2 = 6 + 2 = 8 »

Dragonhawk: Jessaila « 1d6+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » and « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »

Thurirl: ((I like that list better than the last one. =P))

Grok: 2 archer hits on grok

Seiankornai: ((all the "Grok"s?))

Dragonhawk: Vari1 « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » and (maybe?) « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »

Dragonhawk: how many hits, Grok?

Grok: see above

Grok: 2 archer shots

Dragonhawk: ((oh, right))

Dragonhawk: ((what, a 27 doesn’t hit you??))

Dragonhawk: ((oh, that is an archer. a 21 doesn’t?))

Grok: nope

Dragonhawk: Arrow wounds: « 2d6 = 7 »

Grok: ap?

Dragonhawk: ap 4

Grok: 5 damage then

  • Arundil waves his hands at Jessail some more, hitting « 1d20+8 = 19 + 8 = 27 » and « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 »
    Arundil: hit does « 1d4 = 3 » temporary wisdom damage
Arundil: (no DR)

Grok has received initiative.
Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 14 + 13 = 27 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage

Grok: 150
  • Jessaila was never terribly wise to start with…
    Dragonhawk: Skeleton 150 saves for « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » vs19

Grok: smash other who’s number I can not see

Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage Grok: yes

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 77 saves for « 1d20+7 = 17 + 7 = 24 » vs16

Thurirl has received initiative.
Grok: 5 foot step to allow thurirl to have a shot

Dragonhawk: ((OK))

Dragonhawk: ((like to strangle whoever decided it would be a good idea to have the hallway straddle the grid 9_9 ))

Thurirl: ((not sure I can Tail Slap through the doorway… sword seems a little ineffective, but can’t keep blasting them…))
  • Thurirl slashes at his foe with his sword!
    Attacks « 1d20+6 = 19 + 6 = 25 » for « 1d8+1 = 8 + 1 = 9 » damage.
    Dragonhawk: ((does half damage))

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 77 saves for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » vs18

Dragonhawk: ((good enough ))

Grok: WMORE! Running out down here!”

Thurirl: W “No! No more! Plenty for good story!”

Grok: W “Odds not hundred to one yet. Dat make good story.”

Thurirl: ((How much does a Level Zero spell cost me?))

Grok: ((Free i think.))

Dragonhawk: ((you can cast those indefinately))

Thurirl: ((Polar Ray I is what… 15 ft distance?))

Seiankornai: ((and cold damage, so subdual, which skeletons are immune to :\))

Thurirl: ((dag nabbit!)) Thurirl: ((I’m pretty sure I didn’t refresh spell points from the last fight…))

Dragonhawk: ((you did, it’s a new scene. spell points regen with action dice))

Thurirl: ((so… 9 left…)) Thurirl: ((…t’heck with it…))
  • Thurirl fires off three rays of intense heat, burning into his targets with the fury of his magic!
    (Casting Check: « 1d20+14 = 1 + 14 = 15 » Damage: Ray 1: « 4d4 = 9 » Ray 2: « 4d4 = 14 » Ray 3: « 4d4 = 9 »; AP 5)
    Thurirl: ((shooting at least two at the closest one…))

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 209 saves for « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » vs 25

Dragonhawk: ((who gets the last one?))

Thurirl: ((whoever’s still standing)) Thurirl: ((er… next closest…)) Thurirl: ((didn’t see those bottom two))

Dragonhawk: skeleton 454 saves for « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » vs 14

Malaina has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: ((oh, you have an action left Thurirl. Sorry, got ahead of myself I think.))

Grok: ((hmm, two more doors in this section, then another 7 in the next

Dragonhawk: ((Mala can go too, though, we’re getting kind of late.))

Grok: ((Sword strike, magic blast, he’s done))

Dragonhawk: ((we’ll end at end of round.))

Dragonhawk: ((oh, right nevermind.))

Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 6 + 11 = 17 » Calvary, Bleed, AP 1, Magic Weapon, 20 Threat (18-20 for Favored Foes), DR 4 vs Ranged Attacks, Bury the Blade (Sword Attack Trick): If you hit by 4 or more, your attack gains keen 10, Skull Crack @ 101 Malaina: « 1d6 = 3 » AD Thurirl: ((I chopped with my sword and shot magic. What action is left?))

Grok: ((She misremembered))

Dragonhawk: ((yes))

Grok: ((Anyways, nine doors left. Plenty of fun to still be had))

Seiankornai: ((next week))

  • Grok runs a rope through each door handle, so when he pulls really hard, all the doors open at once))
    Vari 1: « 1d20+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 566

Dragonhawk: ((yeah, next week should be interesting. Wisdom damaged characters and opening lots of doors ))

Vari 2: « 1d20+8 = 16 + 8 = 24 » Bite Attack, Threat Range 17-20 (increases to 15-20 w/Favored Foe) @ 566

Dragonhawk: ((…Grok only /acts/ like he’s wisdom-damaged ))

Dragonhawk: one hit for the Varis

Vari 2: « 1d10+3 = 9 + 3 = 12 » Bite Damage

Dragonhawk: Skeleton 556 saves for « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » vs 16

The skeleton falls apart; the kittens mew gratefully and try to rub against Vari2

  • Vari 2 tries to gently push them behind him so they are out of harms way
    Thurirl: ((Yay kittens!))
  • Vari 2 thinks ‘This is not the time for cuddles.’
    Jessaila: (Okay, bedtime then.))

Dragonhawk: ((…maybe after your turn, which is nowish?))

Dragonhawk: ((Mooch, are you done?))

Vari 2: ((Yesh))
  • Jessaila casts magic missile and attacks with saber.
    Jessaila has received initiative.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 »
    Vari 2: ((And I should go, I have been putting off doing the dishs))
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » tohit, « 1d10 = 9 » for damage.
    Vari 2: ((Later everyone, good game))

Malaina is disconnected.

  • Jessaila is done.
    Dragonhawk: skeleton 295 saves for « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » vs 12

Seiankornai has received initiative.

  • Seiankornai bites at the ghost
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 17 + 12 = 29 » for « 1d10+8 = 3 + 8 = 11 »
    Seiankornai: ((activating that crit, if biting actually hits it))

Your bite goes unpleasantly through the incorporeal creature
Seiankornai: ((ah, so it is currently incorporeal?))

Seiankornai: ((missed that))

Grok: ((it’s a ghost. kinda goes without saying))

Dragonhawk: ((though that was implied with the Ghost thing, yes))

Seiankornai: ((technically not in FC))

Seiankornai: ((it’s a state it can enter or not be in))

Grok: ((Rules meant to be bent))

Dragonhawk: ((you done?))

Grok: ((Fire might work.))

Seiankornai: ((done, yes))

  • Isabis casts magic missile again, casting for « 1d20+14 = 1 + 14 = 15 » and doing damage « 3d6 = 11 »
    Isabis: …or crit failing…
  • Isabis is shaken by her failure and suffers a -5 to casting checks until she succeeds with one or a new scene.
  • Isabis tries again for « 1d20+14-5 = 16 + 14 – 5 = 25 »
    Isabis: damage « 3d6 = 12 »
Isabis: “Whew…”

Isabis has received initiative.
Dragonhawk: last skeletons attack:

Dragonhawk: archer vs Thurirl « 1d20+12 = 16 + 12 = 28 » for possible « 1d6 = 5 »

Dragonhawk: archer vs Thurirl « 1d20+12 = 10 + 12 = 22 » for possible « 1d6 = 6 »

Dragonhawk: archer vs Grok « 1d20+12 = 13 + 12 = 25 » for possible « 1d6 = 2 » and « 1d20+12 = 11 + 12 = 23 » for possible « 1d6 = 4 »

Thurirl: ((ow ow D= I thought we solve this problem?!))

Grok: 1 khit for 1 damage

Dragonhawk: 295 vs. Jessaila « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » for possible « 1d6+2 = 1 + 2 = 3 » and « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for possible « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »

Thurirl: ((think I’m done to 31 Vitality…)) Thurirl: ((*down))

Dragonhawk: ((you’re only invisible until you point to yourself with rays of fire…))

Dragonhawk: ((you can heal yourself though, or hide again. Or even duck into the room that’s already been cleared.))

Dragonhawk: ((…next week))

Game Saved
Log Saved
Thurirl: ((Same Bat Time?))

Grok: night all

Grok: same batty channel

Log 94

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 93

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User