Log 95

Main Page
Logs Index

Log 94
Log 96

After many hours of skeleton-whomping, the party went to sleep. Grok spent a little more time finding things to whomp before becoming distracted by the mystery of a pool of water with nothing obviously dangerous in it (what good is that, after all?) and falling asleep trying to outwait whatever sneaky thing must be in there.

Those who took ability drain have recovered one point; casters are returned to full magical capacity.
It is time to wake up.

  • Malaina makes her way out from under a wing and stretchs, yawning
  • Jessaila is groggy but awake.
  • Isabis is awakened by the kittens deciding that to get up and walk over her head
    Isabis: “Ack! Wha- ow!”
  • Malaina rubs her eyes and then goes through the process on holstering her weapons back onto her person
  • Isabis sits up and dislodges a kitten, which tries to recover its balance and sinks a claw into her.
  • Thurirl gets up and tends to his pack, small as it is.
  • Seiankornai continues to snooze
    Isabis: “You, little furball, are as dangerous as a first year student with Moru’s gift. Get off.”
  • Isabis applies a Touch of Light to the claw wound
  • Grok opens eastern door, northern one.
  • Malaina goes to check up on the others
  • Seiankornai is laying on his back, wings spread on the ground, and his limbs curled up in the air
  • Vari 2 goes over to Seian and pokes at his chin
    Dragonhawk: ((that one Grok?))
  • Vari 1 pokes at Seians belly
  • Seiankornai mrrrs sleepily
  • Vari 1 would doodle on him if he could hold one of those writing instruments
    Dragonhawk: ((you could smear ashes on him like fingerpaint there’s plenty available nearby ))
  • Malaina peeks into the room, “You guys ok in here, I thought I heard Isabis yell.”
  • Vari 2 gathers up the ash nearby and doodles a moustache and monocle on Seian
  • Vari 1 makes funny doodles on his wing
    Isabis: (cheerfully) “Just a little misunderstanding with the kittens, healed already.”
    Grok: ((one Grok next to))
    Malaina: “Well, the Vari’s are getting Seian up, we should be good to go.”
  • Jessaila absent-mindedly scratches one of the kittens as part of her wake-up routine.
    Seiankornai: “Ack! What’s going on?”
  • Seiankornai suddenly awakes
    Grok opens another roomfull of junk
  • Seiankornai looks at the two Varis
  • Vari 1 quickly goes away
  • Vari 2 follows after his twin
    Seiankornai: “You didn’t have to poke me, you know.”
    Both Varis leave ashy footprints
  • Thurirl is curious what’s going on outside.
  • Seiankornai rights himself and follows after
  • Isabis looks out into the hallway
    Isabis: “Good morning, Seiankor-whats-on-your-face?!?”
  • Grok looks resignedly through the junk for scroll thingy
    Seiankornai: “… I have no idea, I can’t see it.”
    Isabis: (search, Grok?)
  • Thurirl looks at Seian in confusion and curiosity.
    Thurirl: “Were you engaging in a tribal dance or ritual?”
    Isabis: “It’s on your one wing, too…”
    Seiankornai: (Wis « 1d20 = 7 », recalling Varis)
    Seiankornai: “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
  • Seiankornai looks at his wing, “How did I get that dirty?”
  • Vari 1 quickly wipes the ash off onto the floor when Mala gives them both an odd look
    Isabis: “Well, it looks like a circle around your eye, and a line over your lip…I suppose it /might/ be ritual of some kind…”
    Jessaila: “You want some water to get cleaned up, Seian?”
    Seiankornai: “Was Grok being bored?”
  • Malaina calls down the hall “Hey, you guys coming? We don’t want to lose Grok down here.”
    Isabis: “…ah, a different sort of ritual, but also entirely possible.”
    Seiankornai: “Right, is that well clean enough for anything?”
  • Grok opens up next door when done searching
    The first well is maaaaaybe clean enough for cleaning.
  • Thurirl follows with his pack trailing behind.
    The further well is maybe clean enough for drinking.
    Jessaila: “Don’t need the well water. I can cast.”
    The kittens sniff around; one has a look at the well, and decides that iky water is iky.
    Malaina: “Maybe we should look for the kittens mother? Wouldn’t she still be close by?”
  • Jessaila casts her water spell on Seian.
    Seiankornai: “ACk*spuuter*.”
  • Isabis laughs at Seian
    Isabis: “You really are more of a fire person than a water person, huh?”
    Seiankornai: “Maybe, though I don’t mind a bath or swim. I would appreciate more warning.”
  • Thurirl tries not to look too amused.
    Grok doesn’t so much search the first room as give the junk a frustrated stir before moving on to the next
  • Seiankornai is surprised at all the unopened doors
    Ah, that’s more like it – the next room has skeletons to break, just what Grok was looking for!
  • Skeletons turn to face Grok
    Grok: W “Grok crush and smash and BREAK!”
  • Grok moves and hits them
    Thurirl: “…I believe our ogre has found more toys to break.”
  • Malaina tries to see if she can locate the kittens mama
    Malaina: “If it fits with the theme, probably more skeletons.”
    You whisper to Malaina: the mother cat is not apparent in any of the rooms that are already open
    Seiankornai: “Grok should be able to handle those few.”
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok go ahead))
  • Malaina tries for one of the doors to see if they will open
  • Jessaila harumphs. “Let him break resistance. Maybe he’ll get in over his head, have to flee, and recognize that his teammates are important…”
    Dragonhawk: ((Malaina point to a door))
    Seiankornai: “That would be the best outcome of being overmatched, yes.”
    Malaina: ((Whats the pointer tool again?))
    Dragonhawk: ((that is, click in the map area and hold spacebar))
    Seiankornai: “But unless it’s a room of skeletons and not just a roomful of skeletons, I don’t think that will happen.”
  • Grok hits both
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage
    Grok: rpg, behave
    Dragonhawk: miss and hit… skeleton 971 saves for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » vs 17
    Grok: rng, i mean
    Dragonhawk: ((does the RNG ever…EVER ‘behave’ reall?))
    Dragonhawk: ((really, even))
    Dragonhawk: Skeletons hit back: « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » and/or « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » and/or « 1d20+13 = 11 + 13 = 24 »
    Thurirl: ((we had that problem too, last night in Ironclaw… we plan to redo tomorrow, after we’ve managed to… “persuade”… the RNG to behave))
    Seiankornai: “Can I or a Vari get past you Mala? So we don’t have to crowd on one side?”
    Malaina: “Oh sure, go ahead.”
  • Malaina moves out of the way before she checks out the room
    Grok: 1 hit
    Dragonhawk: Skeletons do damage ]1d6+2] and (if a 19 his) « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 »
    Dragonhawk: Skeletons do damage « 1d6+2 = 3 + 2 = 5 »
    Grok: DR blocks
    Grok: me hit back?
    Malaina: ((Go ahead and move your token TGU))
    Malaina: ((Can I open up the door?))
    Dragonhawk: ((pause a moment please))
  • Seiankornai squeezes past Mala
    Malaina opens the door to what just /might/ be the least damaged – or the best re-ordered – room on this floor. The room has apparently never been looted, and is still decorated with tapestries and a loverly carpet at least 20’ across and of impressive workmanship. Comfortable furnishings show a little wear and a few of the ravages of time. A slimple bed and writing desk grace the southwest corner. The mother cat is curled up just off the edge of the carpet, sound asleep.
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok next))
  • Malaina calls for Isabis and Jess, cause I am sure they will want to see this
  • Jessaila comes.
    Malaina: “Look at this room!”
  • Grok hits both again
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 17 + 13 = 30 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 18 + 13 = 31 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage
  • Jessaila has keen elven senses. « 1d20+12 = 7 + 12 = 19 » Notice
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 16 + 11 = 27 » (Search)
    Seiankornai: “Oh, very nice.”
    Dragonhawk: N Skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » vs 16 and southern for « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » vs 16
    Malaina: “This would be a good find to bring back.”
    As the three women fan out to search the room…The RUG Attacks!!
    Dragonhawk: ((athletics to avoid being rolled up in an animated rug; DC 15))
    Malaina: “….you’ve got to be joking!”
    Malaina: « 1d20+12 = 16 + 12 = 28 » Athletics
  • Jessaila has been working out. « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » Athletics
    Seiankornai: “That…. is less nice.”
    Dragonhawk: Isabis tries to avoid the animated decor « 1d20+6 = 1 + 6 = 7 »
  • Seiankornai doesn’t want to breath fire into the room. Sure it’d probably take out the rug, but the other stuff is probably fine
    Isabis is captured, being in the middle and, well, just less athletic than the others.
  • Malaina is glad she has alot of sharp weapons
    MotherCat: “Mreeow!”
  • Rug does « 2d6+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » damage to Isabis
  • Grok again searches the room. he’s thinking he should have hired someone to do this.
    Rug: ((you have companions who could roll searches for you ))
    Seiankornai: “Isabis!”
    Isabis: “Get it off m- ah!…based on a constrictor desi-”
  • Isabis attempts to escape the rug « 1d20+8 = 2 + 8 = 10 »
    Seiankornai: ((init?))
  • Isabis take « 2d6+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 » damage
  • Jessaila tries to determine the best way to attack the rug.
    Isabis: ((we’re not all involved in the same battle, I’m going to go with ‘everyone in the room take a move, then the enemy, repeat" unless and until the group gets more together))
    Seiankornai: ((I think it’s just the Grok group and the rest of us))
    Malaina: ((Fine, I am gonna attack and say I am sorry in advance if I end up hurting Isabis))
    Jessaila: (Mental process) “Sword may pierce the rug but may hit Isabis… magic in low quantity… longbow same as sword… hand-to-weft likely for me to lose… sword it is.”
    Malaina: « 1d20+11+1 = 14 + 11 + 1 = 26 » Halberd; AP 5, Reach +1,Trip, Bleed, Hook, 19-20 Threat (17-20 for Favored Foes), Skull Crack @ Rug Monster
  • Jessaila strikes with elfin speed and her fencing sabre. « 1d20+7 = 9 + 7 = 16 » tohit, « 1d10 = 4 » for damage.
  • Seiankornai tries to squeeze in close enough
    Isabis: ((malaina, where’s your damage? You can’t skull-crack a trap ))
  • Seiankornai then tries to bite a loose end
    Bite hits « 1d20+12 = 3 + 12 = 15 » for « 1d10+8 = 4 + 8 = 12 » damage
    Malaina: « 1d10+2 = 4 + 2 = 6 » Halberd Damage
    Between them, Jess and Malaina manage to slice the rug; Seian manages (just barely) to get a mouthfull of some kind of dry fibers.
    The trap gives up its magic to the damage, and Isabis crawls out, a little shaky.
    Malaina: “Oh wow Isabis, I am so sorry! I should have known there would be a trap in here or something!”
  • Malaina puts her Halberd up and goes to see if she needs any help
    Isabis: “No more than I should’ve. I’ve been in enough ruins, after all. It’s just that this is the first thing we’ve seen down here that isn’t, well, broken.”
    Isabis: “…wasn’t broken.”
    Malaina: “Still, I’m sorry.”
    Isabis: “It’s OK. I guess we found out why nobody looted this place, though.”
    Malaina: “Well, I don’t know if we can carry it all with us right now, maybe when we are on our way out?”
    Seiankornai: “Gah, that is an unnerving thing! What other pieces of furniture may be like that?”
    Isabis: “I don’t know…it’s probably not worth our while to haul rugs and tapestries, anyway. Lets just check for the scroll and move on.”
    Isabis: ((now you may roll search checks for Arundil’s room ))
    Malaina: « 1d20+9 = 10 + 9 = 19 » Search
    Jessaila: ((Rolled search earlier – should I do it again?))
  • Seiankornai looks around « 1d20+8 = 7 + 8 = 15 »
    Isabis: ((yes, your earlier search was interrupted by a rug trap))
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 20 + 11 = 31 » (Search)
    Malaina: ((Oooo, nice!))
    Seiankornai: ((super elven senses for the win?))
    Seian finds a dry inkwell. Isabis finds a few books (no surprise there). Malaina finds a small wooden chest under the bed containing 120 sp and 300 cp. Jessaila is the one who finds two small gemstones tied into a square of silk and stuffed in the corner of a drawer – two each of star saphires worth 500s and topaz stones worth 90s each.
    Jessaila: “Eeeshinies!”
    There are no scrolls, scroll cases, or parchment “fragments” in the room, however.
  • Malaina hauls the chest out from under the bed, “This is a nice sum.”
    Malaina: “Why do I get the feeling that this scroll is more likely in the most inconvient of places.”
    Isabis: “I wonder if the earlier parts of this journal will be less insane…?”
  • Malaina goes to put the chest into one of the Vari’s saddle bags
  • Grok opens next door
  • Seiankornai tries to open the northern door
  • Malaina opens another door as well, but she has her hand on one of the hilts of her swords just in case
    Dragonhawk: ((Grok, are you actually rolling search checks?))
    Grok’s newest room was once a library or study; bookshelves stand against the walls and several piles of books rest on a reading table in the middle of the room. It smells of musty paper.
    A slender, beautiful woman of medium height and long, black hair sits on a chair at the table, looking extremely sad. Her clothing looks well worn.
    Thurirl: ((oh crud))
  • Jessaila finishes searching the room and prepares to move on.
    Malaina: ((And Grok had to be the one!))
    Seiankornai: ((this should be amusing ,or at least interesting))
    Malaina: ((For a sad lady, she sure looks happy))
    Dragonhawk: ((I forgot you were so close to this one…I didn’t have her token made up or anything ))
    Malaina: ((It’s ok! I like it!))
    Dragonhawk: ((found a better one…an alternate character token from a prev. game. …sorry, Setaria ))
    Grok: ((Grok’s method of search is to look around hopelessly and see if it is in sight))
    Malaina: ((Grok, make her smile!))
    Grok: W “You have scroll?”
  • Idalla talks at Grok. Not in Woanish
  • Grok sighs, ignores her, and looks around for any scrolls. If he sees any, he grabs all of them and presents them to the party
  • Idalla considers Grok in frustration, trying to get his attention
  • Idalla talks a lot, in several languages
    Seiankornai: (Notice « 1d20+11 = 14 + 11 = 25 »)
    Malaina whispers: can Vari go check up on Grok since it has been a while?
    Seiankornai: “Do you hear something?”
    Idalla: ((nothing is stopping you from checking on Grok, he’s known to stick his head into hornets’ nests on a regular basis after all ))
  • Seiankornai goes follow the sounds of frustrated talking, probably getting louder
  • Vari 2 goes with Seian to check up on Grok
  • Grok points out any scrolls he found
  • Seiankornai looks quite surprised when he pokes his head in Grok’s room.
    Seiankornai: “Who are you?”
  • Vari 2 thought he heard a feminine voice
    Grok: ((interesting female, not freaking out when meeting an ogre.))
    Idalla: “I am Idalla – oh, please, release my from my imprisonment! A terrible wizard bound me here, giving me no reason for such treatment, and left me to perish!”
  • Vari 2 looks to Seian and then back to the woman, “Wizard be dead now.”
    You whisper to Grok: you find nothing if you don’t roll a search check ))
    Seiankornai: “… How long have you been here?”
    Idalla: “I…I don’t know. Long.”
    Seiankornai: “Given an estimate, I know you can’t see the passing days.”
  • Idalla shivers
    Idalla: “Years I think.”
    Seiankornai: “Were there dwarves here then?”
    Idalla: “But…but surely he must not be dead yet? Who will release me?”
    Seiankornai: ((does she look more like an elf or a human or even a dwarf?))
    Idalla: “I haven’t seen any dwarves except the allip, and he doesn’t talk to me – not in sense, anyway.”
    Grok whispers: if it’s in plain sight, I shouldn’t need a search check. and if it’s not in plain sight, Grok isn’t going to find it.
  • Idalla looks human and speaks Melios
    Grok sees books
  • Thurirl and his pack arrive to the sounds of conversation.
    Seiankornai: “What year since the human escaped from the Crone did you come here?”
    Dragonhawk: Isabis follows the crowd down the hallway, warily keeping ot the back
    Idalla: “Oh, it was the year…er…since the crone, ah…”
    Idalla: (muttering to herself) “…which crone for pittys sake? Oh, wait, maybe he means since the humans first came…”
    Idalla: “221 I think?”
  • Seiankornai raises an eyeridge at the muttering, but keeps silent
  • Thurirl thought he caught something unusual in her words… which crone?
  • Jessaila follows Seian and Isabis down the hall.
    Jessaila: “What’s this?”
  • Malaina decides to check another room, leaving whatever is going on down at the other end of the hall to the others
    Idalla: “Please, kind elf, I beg of you, release me from my imprisonment!”
    Seiankornai: “Well, we did defeat an allip here.”
    Jessaila: “And how would that work?”
    Seiankornai: “You may have heard the fighting.”
  • Idalla squints a little at Jessaila and Isabis…and Thurirl
  • Jessaila moves into the room, still wary.
  • Vari 2 gets bored and goes to make sure the other Vari isn’t getting all the attention
    Idalla: "Oh, yes, I think I heard your, ah, language-impaired friend here breaking the allip’s skeletons.
    Thurirl: “We did indeed defeat both a wight and an allip. I do not know if either were the wizard you have mentioned.”
    Idalla: “No…the wizard I trouble with was human. He came here seeking something.”
    Idalla: “The allip was an original resident, always whining about how the orcs killed all his friends.”
    Jessaila: “Human wizard. Do you know where he stays?”
    Idalla: “Down below I think.”
    Jessaila: “How do we get there?”
    Thurirl: “As does our dragon… curious.”
    Idalla: “I don’t know – I can’t leave this terrible library. He’s using me to study life extension magic.”
  • Idalla gives you puppy dog eyes
    Idalla: ((sense motive anyone?))
    Seiankornai: (Sense Motive « 1d20+4 = 19 + 4 = 23 »)
    Jessaila: “What do you mean ’Can’t’? Are you magically restrained?”
  • Jessaila tries to find the truth and motives of the issue. « 1d20+3 = 20 + 3 = 23 » (Sense Motive)
    Idalla: “Yes! Yes, please – anyone can release me, he depended on the general emptiness of the place and the skeletons keeping those rag-tag dwarves away.”
  • Jessaila is slightly confused by this.
    You whisper to Jessaila: She’s telling the truth about being imprisoned, lying through her teeth about the reason. Also, you suspect she doesn’t actually believe the bit about the wizard living below.
    Idalla: “Only give me permission to leave and I shall be gone. Please! Please, please, please…”
  • Idalla ’s eyes well with tears
  • Thurirl also tries to figure out Idalla’s true motives. « 1d20+10 = 17 + 10 = 27 »
    You whisper to Thurirl: She’s telling the truth about being imprisoned, lying through her teeth about the reason. Also, you suspect she doesn’t actually believe the bit about the wizard living below.
  • Jessaila shakes her head slowly. “I’d be happy to, except you’ve rather ruined it by lying to us.”
    Idalla: “…”
  • Grok wanders away to open another door
  • Vari 2 jumps a bit cause Grok is suddenly so close, but moves
    Thurirl: “…I am not one to reward dishonesty.”
  • Thurirl leaves.
    Jessaila: “I babysat a lot of kids. You get to know the look in their eyes.”
    Idalla: “Fine, I don’t know where the wizard is. I don’t CARE where he is!”
    Idalla: “Please, let me out, I’ll do anything!”
  • Jessaila casts Detect Alignment.
  • Jessaila makes with the magic. « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 »
  • Idalla is EEEEEEvil
  • Malaina looks over to Thurirl
    Malaina: “Hey, what’s going on?”
    Idalla: ((which in this case is to say, she follows the Fount of Change))
    Idalla: (( soregg religion. Bleah.))
    Jessaila: “I don’t care about the wizard, either. Let’s discuss why you lied to us.”
    Jessaila: “Why were you imprisoned here?”
    Seiankornai: “What spell was that, Jess?”
    Idalla: (wailing) “I don’t KNOW! He never even TOLD me!”
    Jessaila: “It detects the nature of a person’s moral alignment.”
  • Grok opens the northern door
  • Malaina also opens up a northern door
    Thurirl: “The others are dealing with an imprisoned woman who attempted to deceive us. It is my hope they may find answers without another bout of violence. I am still not at my peak performance.”
  • Vari 2 keeps his tail curled around his legs so the kittens don’t think it is a toy
    Both Grok and Malaina find boring, no-enemy rooms
    Pre-looted and full of broken bits and pieces.
    Malaina: “Well, nothing in here.”
  • Idalla frowns at Jessaila, looking like she bit into something bitter
    Idalla: “If you won’t free me for sake of pitty, can I bargain with you?”
    Seiankornai: “And what did your spell reveal, Jess?”
    Jessaila: “Pity has nothing to do with it; wisdom, on the other hand…”
    Thurirl: “Pardon me, Vari. I wish to examine this room.”
  • Thurirl attempts to open the remaining southern door.
  • Grok opens last last remaining southern door
    Thurirl: ((didn’t see that one… whups))
  • Jessaila glances at Seian. “With the spell I cast, I smell black and green poison and rotting flesh. Evil, without doubt.”
  • Grok also prepares to do the Scooby doo run through doors and come out other doors routine
    Seiankornai: “Hmm, soregg?”
    Seiankornai: “Yea, no, no deal at all.”
    Grok discovers what used to be an armory…empty weapon racks and a dozen or more armor stands, also empty.
  • Seiankornai turns and walks out hte room, looking at what the others are finding.
  • Jessaila glances back at Idalla. “Probably. I’ve not used the spell much when dealing with them.”
  • Thurirl is not sure he should have opened his door…
  • Jessaila raises an eyebrow at Idalla. “Care for a denial?”
    Malaina: “What’cha find Thurirl?”
    Malaina discovers some bargain-quality wights, nothing like as well made as the champion in the desecrated shrine but twice as bitterly angry
    Malaina: ((I did?! Can I take them home?))
    Dragonhawk: ((Er, Thuirl finds them, sorry))
    Thurirl: ((Sure! Pardon me whilist I duck…))
    Malaina: ((D’aawww))
    Dragonhawk: ((and they would love to take you somewhere…possibly the afterlife ))
  • Thurirl attempts to close the door as fast as he can.
    Seiankornai: ((they belong in gym, rather))
    Idalla: “…you seem excessively convinced.”
    Seiankornai: “Maybe we’ll just find the wizard first.”
    Idalla: “I’m telling the truth about not knowing why I am here, though. For all you know, the wizard was as soreggish as I and my binding here does their bidding.”
  • Jessaila nods sadly. “I’ve seen a lot of evil, lady.”
    You whisper to Jessaila: You figure that last really is the truth, oddly enough
    Thurirl slams the door on the two wights, who pound on it a little before going quiet again
  • Malaina blinks at him
    Malaina: “Ok, let’s just keep that room closed.”
    Thurirl: “…Malaina, if ever I feel the urge to imitate the ogre’s methods of inquiry…?”
    Thurirl: “Hit me.”
  • Jessaila glances around the little library.
    Malaina: “Sure thing. Want to check this last door?”
  • Idalla gives a hissing sort of sigh.
    Thurirl: “Together, preferably. In case of more wights or skeletons.”
    Jessaila: “How about if I pull up a chair?”
    Idalla: “Suit yourself…”
    Malaina: “Alright, I’ll open it.”
    Thurirl: “Stay to the corners to avoid detection.”
  • Malaina draws out her Rostislasi just in case
  • Malaina opens up the last northern door
  • Thurirl draws his sword.
    Grok: W "Things to fight?
    Just one confused skeleton
    Malaina: “Should we let Grok have at it?”
  • Grok goes and smashes!
    Malaina: “Well, that answers that.”
  • Jessaila suits herself and sits down. “So you are stuck here, then. Are you actually as human as you look, or is that a front?”
  • Malaina puts her sword back in it’s sheath
  • Thurirl was going to suggest the wolves, but nevermind…
    Malaina: “Well, Grok has this handled, lets go see how the others are doing.”
    Idalla: “…you know what? It’s a front. I’m a /demon/ and you should definitely kill me, being a good servant of…uh…”
  • Idalla suddenly is giving you a wide-eyed “what did I just say” sort of stare
    Thurirl: ((dag nabbit, mouse!))
  • Jessaila raises an eyebrow.
    Thurirl: ((buttons are going on me))
  • Vari 1 stays tehre just in case
    Seiankornai: “Reeeeeallly.”
  • Grok beats skeleton over skull
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 2 + 13 = 15 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    Idalla: “…you…aren’t a servant of the Eyes…”
    Malaina: “How are things going over here Isabis?”
    Jessaila: “Not anymore.”
    Isabis: “Becoming interesting indeed, though I think she’s still trying for manipulation rather than truth.”
    Dragonhawk: skeleton, being missed, swings at Grok hitting « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 » and « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 »
    Jessaila: “I serve the highest.”
    Dragonhawk: skeleton’s damage is « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 » and « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
    Malaina: “Well, we checked out the other rooms, Thurirl found one with a couple of wights, but he closed the door on them, and Grok is taking care of a lone skeleton. I don’t think there is any other way but through that room.”
  • Idalla swallows
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage
    Idalla: “Well, then…you can surely banish me?”
  • Thurirl gives Jessaila a blank look (or blank to most everyone but Malaina), but says nothing.
    Idalla: “I’m so sick of this place, I almost feel I could tolerate being banished…”
    Seiankornai: “I think she just wants us to get her out of here, one way or another.”
    Dragonhawk: ((entirely correct))
    Dragonhawk: skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » vs 17
    Jessaila: “Maybe you should reconsider your path in life.”
    Dragonhawk: skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 16 + 7 = 23 » vs 22
    Seiankornai: “Perhaps we should inform the dwarves of her but leave her alone.”
    Dragonhawk: skeleton, being still undead, swings at Grok hitting « 1d20+13 = 20 + 13 = 33 » and « 1d20+13 = 6 + 13 = 19 »
    Dragonhawk: skeleton’s damage is « 1d6+2 = 2 + 2 = 4 » and « 1d6+2 = 5 + 2 = 7 »
  • Vari 1 try to help, but Grok is blocking the door
    Dragonhawk: “NO! Curse it, I don’t even have anyone to devour here!”
    Idalla: “NO! Curse it, I don’t even have anyone to devour here!”
    Idalla: “…fine, if I don’t leave, neither do you!”
  • Idalla tries to slam the door you came in (init vs « 1d20+2 = 13 + 2 = 15 »
    Idalla: ((to stop her that is))
  • Jessaila springs into action. « 1d20+13 = 7 + 13 = 20 » Initiative.
    Jessaila reaches the door first
    Seiankornai: Init « 1d20+7 = 6 + 7 = 13 »
  • Grok crushes extra tough skeleton
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 1 + 13 = 14 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 15 + 13 = 28 » for « 1d4+10 = 2 + 10 = 12 » damage
    Idalla: ((what do you do))
    Thurirl: ((I can always try to set her on fire…))
    Seiankornai: ((in a library?))
    Dragonhawk: skeleton saves for « 1d20+7 = 12 + 7 = 19 » vs 29
  • Grok goes south to beat on some wights
    Thurirl: ((well… I did say “try”…))
  • Jessaila kicks the door right as Idalla tries to slam it.
    Malaina: "So much for not having to fight
  • Idalla stands in the door
  • Malaina draws her sword
    Idalla: “Ow!”
  • Idalla concentrates…nothing happens
    Thurirl: ((I’m gonna walk up and stab her…))
    Malaina: ((Be sneaky about it))
  • Idalla mutters something (search vs 20 to hear what she’s saying)
    Jessaila: “In the name of the highest God, I command you to be still!”
  • Idalla freezes in place
    Jessaila: ((Search, or notice?))
    Idalla: “Stillness I grant you…but you’re still not leaving”
    Seiankornai: ((search « 1d20+8 = 5 + 8 = 13 »] ))
    Thurirl: Search « 1d20+13 = 3 + 13 = 16 »
    Idalla: ((search, you are trying on purpose to gather the data))
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 2 + 11 = 13 » (Search)
    Thurirl: ((blasted dice))
    Seiankornai: “Let’s just leave, Jess.”
    Idalla: Isabis listens « 1d20+14 = 13 + 14 = 27 »
    Isabis: “Wait…she wants you to attack her!”
    Isabis: “…WHY do you want her to attack you?”
    Malaina: “Well, she is making a very agreeable argument.”
    Idalla: “I want OOOUUUUT!”
    Jessaila: “I suspect it may be a condition of the spell that imprisons her here.”
  • Idalla glares at Jessaila
    Isabis: “Ah, very likely.”
    Malaina: “So…what do we do? Leave her here?”
    Idalla: “Stinking god-followers…supposed to be too nicey-nice to leave someone lying around like this…”
    Thurirl: “It will be difficult to extract Jessaila if this one is blocking the exit. Yet I am unsure violence is the answer here.”
    Malaina: “Oh I’m all for closing the door, locking it and soundproofing it.”
    Idalla: “…and stinking summoner can’t even tell me who he wants me to devour…”
  • Grok opens south door to kick some wights around
    Idalla: “…STINKING BOOKS full of STINKING FACE LIES!”
    Thurirl: “You were not summoned for your conversational skills, were you?”
    Unknown command: “E Grok finds the wights waiting on either side of the door…for once the enemy doesn’t wait for him to come in before they attack him”. Try /help for a list of commands.
    Grok finds the wights waiting on either side of the door…for once the enemy doesn’t wait for him to come in before they attack him
    Idalla: “I. Don’t. KNOW!”
    Idalla: “…probably not, or he’d’ve stayed long enough to talk to me.”
  • Jessaila pauses and bows her head to pray silently.
  • Wights attack Grok…
    Seiankornai whispers: hmm, am I still affecting people’s movement with my own? just assumed I’ve got it subdued enough to not have it on all the time?
  • Wights hit « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » « 1d20+7 = 8 + 7 = 15 » « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 » « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 »
    Thurirl: “…that was sarcasm. Was my inflection incorrect?”
    Wights: ((I’m guessing that’s no, no, no, and no, right Grok?))
    Idalla: “What do I care how a human language inflects?”
    Grok: ((ac 24
  • Grok smashes both of them
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 4 + 13 = 17 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    You whisper to Seiankornai: I kind of forgot to check if that had finally worn off…let’s say it did
    Seiankornai whispers: that works
    Thurirl: “It may save you from looking like a fool, for one.”
    Malaina: ((Guys, I may attempt a trip to get her out of the way for Jess))
  • Wight 1 saves for « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 » vs 17, the other one dodges
    Dragonhawk: ((OK))
    Malaina: ((What do I need to roll for Trip again?))
    Thurirl: ((problem with getting Jess out is we may need to get in to progress… only the library has more than one door…))
    Malaina: ((Ok, get her down to be tied up so we can progress))
  • Jessaila heads towards the far door.
    Jessaila: “There’ are worse places to be trapped than a library. I should know.”
    Idalla: “It’s that faces-priest’s library. I’m sick of it.”
  • Jessaila tries the far door.
    Seiankornai: ((ah, trip is opposed acrobatics checks))
    Thurirl: “What is a face priest?”
    Seiankornai: “dwarf.”
    Seiankornai: “Most serve the Faces of Creation, you know.”
    Idalla: ((Thurirl would know that the Faces of Creation are one of the major ‘good’ factions in the area))
    Idalla: “Not that faces books aren’t funny in parts.”
    Idalla: “And, you know, anything is better than…”
  • Idalla shudders
    Thurirl: “Ah… forgive me. I must still be suffering from the wight’s magic…”
    Idalla: ((Grok’s turn with the wights I think?))
    Seiankornai: ((oh, there’s one more unopened room in the hall; the one Seian tried to open earlier ))
  • Thurirl feels rather embarrassed that he of all people forgot that.
    Grok: ((I just attacked, you tried to save
  • Wight hit « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » « 1d20+7 = 19 + 7 = 26 » « 1d20+7 = 4 + 7 = 11 » « 1d20+7 = 7 + 7 = 14 »
    Grok: 1 hit
    Wight: damage « 1d6 = 3 » plus fort save
    Grok: « 1d20+9 = 12 + 9 = 21 » btw, did not get through armor
  • Grok hits back
    Wight: ((no further damage))
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 13 + 13 = 26 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 9 + 13 = 22 » for « 1d4+10 = 4 + 10 = 14 » damage
    Malaina: « 1d20+11 = 8 + 11 = 19 » Tripping her up
  • Jessaila opens the far door here.
    Jessaila finds a privy
    Jessaila: “…probably try to bite me, considering the rest of this place.”
    Ironically, it smells less badly than the library, and very much less than the other door.
  • Jessaila closes the door.
  • Vari 1 sees what is in there….and closes the door
  • Wight saves for « 1d20+7 = 5 + 7 = 12 » vs 22
  • Wight saves for « 1d20+7 = 11 + 7 = 18 » vs 17
  • Jessaila goes to check the other door.
  • Wight hit « 1d20+7 = 3 + 7 = 10 » « 1d20+7 = 15 + 7 = 22 »
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 8 + 13 = 21 » for « 1d4+10 = 3 + 10 = 13 » damage
    Grok: Grok smashes the foe down with brute strength! « 1d20+13 = 5 + 13 = 18 » for « 1d4+10 = 1 + 10 = 11 » damage
  • Idalla avoids tripping for « 1d20+7 = 13 + 7 = 20 »
    Idalla: “Ah…AHAHAHA! THAT was a WEAPON!”
    Vari 1: « 1d6 = 1 »
  • Idalla casts a spell
    Vari 1: ((Dammit))
    Seiankornai: “Uh oh.”
  • Jessaila turns back towards Idalla.
  • Thurirl has his sword out already, and feels he’ll be needing it soon…
    Seiankornai: “Wait, would my teeth have counted as a weapon?”
    Malaina: ((Unless I can roll another AD))
    Seiankornai: ((only one, sadly :\ ))
  • Idalla casts for « 1d20+19 = 16 + 19 = 35 » vs 34
  • Idalla disappears
    Thurirl: “…that was both anti-climatic and ominous.”
  • Malaina puts up her Halbred again and draws out her long sword
    Isabis: “Well…now we can examine the library properly.”
    Jessaila: “Goodbye. May you find truth and redemption on some future day.”
    Dragonhawk: ((unlikely, she really was a demoness ))
    Seiankornai: “Well…. kavis….oh, sorry Vari, shouldn’t have said that.”
  • Vari 2 tilts his head in confusion
  • Wight saves for « 1d20+7 = 14 + 7 = 21 » vs 22
    Jessaila: ((I started to figure that out, with the rules she had and the knowledge she knew.))
    Thurirl: “In any case…”
  • Thurirl begins to search the library. « 1d20+13 = 12 + 13 = 25 »
  • Jessaila still checks the door.
    Malaina: ((I will have to brb, I really gotta go get the kitchen cleaned up and I don’t want to wait until it is late))
    Wight: ((we’re ending in 5 min or less))
    Malaina: ((Well, ok)
    Thurirl finds a scroll of (random loot roll)…but it is clearly not the scroll you are looking for.
  • Jessaila searches. « 1d20+11 = 13 + 11 = 24 » (Search)
    Thurirl: ((which one of us rolls that?))
    Wight: ((you can))
    Dragonhawk: ((Jessaila, you braving the moldy room to the east?))
    Grok: open last door!
    Jessaila: ((Yes.))
    Jessaila finds a moldy bedchamber, the stench enough to make her eyes water.
    Thurirl: ((kay… if I knew how, I would =P))
  • Jessaila closes the door.
    Her search is sufficiently thorough, however, to discover a secret compartment still hiding treasure…just not THE treasure. In this case, 110sp and a cat’s-eye gem worth perhaps 70s
    Jessaila: “Smells like Grok just before washday.”
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 94
Log 96

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 95

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User