Log 99

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 98
Log 100

Seiankornai has connected.
Malaina has connected.
Host has connected.
Jessaila has connected.
Seiankornai: I suppose if it’s not too much trouble for both of you

Malaina: there, sent the text

Malaina: still no answer

Malaina: maybe we can wait for 10 more minutes and start without him?

Thurirl has connected.
Seiankornai: there he is!

Thurirl: o hai

Dragonhawk: OK, so

Seiankornai: our sneaky lizard wizard is present, we can start

Malaina: ahhh

Malaina: let the games commence!

Dragonhawk: my plan for the first part of this week is to let TGU and Brock, who were involved in the other session we now tie in, run the first half of the session

Dragonhawk: the dream/vision/thing, and the telling thereof

Seiankornai: well, I doubt it’ll take a whole half a session

Dragonhawk: then characters will respond, most likely by altering travel plans, and there will be some travel

Jessaila: It might take half a session to get Jessaila to reveal any embarassing parts, which she’ll not want to do.

Dragonhawk: the requisite travel encounter will…well, probably fill the rest of the session, given that we just leveled and have new stuffs to try out

Malaina: Mala will poke and prod her until she does

Thurirl: I’ll be adjusting my CS in the background, even if I have to crack open the player’s guide myself.

Thurirl: No more excuses; I won’t be afraid of leveling anymore.

Malaina: I’m pretty much done since I didn’t have much to adjust

Malaina: But Vari’s fire damage has gone up a die!

Thurirl: ((Besides, it’s good practice for filling out my tax forms. =P))

Dragonhawk: ((heh, sure, go with that ))

Dragonhawk: OK

When last we saw our heroes, they were alseep, perchance dreaming…
We’ll say Nightscale is taking this watch

  • Jessaila appears to be sleeping soundly.
  • Jessaila rolls over in her sleep, and starts muttering.
  • Isabis snores lightly
  • Thurirl is sleeping the sound of the dead, if the dead do sleep.
    Thurirl: ((In fact, he probably looks dead to those who haven’t spent time with him. =P))
  • Seiankornai rumbles quietly in his sleep, very tired out by the previous day’s travel
    Jessaila: “Zzz… zgrl. Mrfl. …not that, please. Zzzz…”
  • Malaina is curled up under one of the Vari’s wings, snoozing
    Seiankornai: ((so he’s sleeping like a normal reptile? ))

Thurirl: ((probably, though you’d have to ask another Saurian if he’s particularly still))

Tokens dropped onto map ‘SunchasersRegionMap1’

  • Jessaila rolls over in her sleep, again, looking more agitated. “Zzzzzzz… AAAAAAGHHH!”
  • Jessaila bolts straight up – despite still being in her bedroll – draws her saber, trips, and rolls down a grassy slope near the fire.
  • Malaina jumps a bit, bumping into the leathery membrane of Varis wing and dropping back down
    Isabis: “zzzz- uh Whu? Jessaila? What’s going on?”
  • Seiankornai snorts and rolls over
    Jessaila: “Aaa… aaah?”
  • Isabis rubs sleep out of her eyes and looks down the slope
    Malaina: “Ughhhhhhh….I was sleeping so well…”
  • Jessaila looks about, wild-eyed and with a bad case of bed-head.
  • Malaina lifts the wing up and stands up, letting it drop behind her
    Nightscale: “Careful, you’ll get your bed-thing wet.”
  • Thurirl opens his eyes, but remains motionless.
    Malaina: “Jess? Are you ok? Did the food give you nightmares?”

Jessaila: “Where is it? Where am I? Where did it…?”

  • Malaina heads over to her
  • Thurirl relaxes, but remains awake and alert.
    Malaina: “Jess, are you ok?”
  • Jessaila glances around, then slowly relaxes – mostly.
    Jessaila: “Uh… yeah. Yeah, I guess I am.”

Jessaila: “Now. But I wasn’t…”

  • Seiankornai awakes “Hrmmm? Something happening?”
    TakObserver has connected.
  • Malaina smooths her hair down as she sits beside her
  • Thurirl sits up and observes the others, curious as to what woke his companion.
    Malaina: “Can you tell us what happened? I know dreams can start to fade when you wake up.”

Jessaila: “I was dreaming. Um, more like… dreamwalking.”

Malaina: “Dreamwalking? Is that like sleepwalking?”

Jessaila: “…I think it’s an elf thing. Yes, and I was far away. You guys remember that other group of sunchasers we bump into on occasion?”

Thurirl: “I do recall them, if only by the vaguest details.”

  • Malaina nods as she digs around for a brush to straighten Jess’ hair
    Jessaila: “They were in some sort of trouble… got stuck in some sort of dream-realm, while… don’t remember who they said. But their bodies were being possessed.”

Seiankornai: “Odd, you think it was real?”

Jessaila: “Whoever was doing it, they were trying to kill Kavre… Kavretushie? A Dragon Priest? And the Dragon King?”

Malaina: “Possessed?”

Jessaila: “Uh. Controlled?”

Malaina: “Do you think your magic reached out to them when you went to sleep?”

  • Jessaila is still waving around her saber.
  • Malaina slowly lowers her arm down so she doesn’t get hit
    Thurirl: “Fascinating.”
  • Malaina then pries it out of her hand
    Jessaila: “Maybe. Logair told me that some elves can do that. He did.”

Seiankornai: “KAHVRETOTH?!?!?!?!?!”

  • Jessaila has a death grip on her saber.
    Seiankornai: ?me practically roars in surprised fright

Nightscale: “Wait…so this might have been partly real, and the Dragon King is in danger?!?”

  • Seiankornai practically roars in surprised fright
    Jessaila: “Is that the name? I knew it was Kavresomething.”
  • Malaina jumps a bit
    Malaina: “Ok, now I know I won’t be going back to sleep tonight.”

Malaina: “Seian, what’s wrong?!”

Nightscale: “The King and the High Priest??”

Nightscale: (…)

Isabis: “The King and the High Priest??”

  • Isabis is pretty upset herself
    Thurirl: “It would seem our services may be required.”

Seiankornai: “Kahvretoth is our… high priest is the best way to put it.”

Isabis: “Did they make it? That would, would destabilize the whole of the black peaks…”

  • Thurirl begins to roll up his pack and don his gear.
    Seiankornai: “If he and the king are in danger than that be utter catastrophy for the drakes and the Matha!”
  • Isabis also commences collecting her gear
  • Malaina gulps, looking to the drowsy looking Varis
    Malaina: “I guess we better get going.”

Seiankornai: “Yes! I am certainly going now.”

Isabis: “Jessaila, do you know if they made it?”

  • Malaina goes to try and get her drakes roused up enough, knowing they won’t do well in the dark and cold, but promising they can sleep when they can be sure the danger has passed
    Isabis: ((they are light sources right now, so while it may be cold at least it’s not completely dark ))

Jessaila: “No. They were fighting something really big in the dream-world, and I got.. um, eaten by it.”

  • Jessaila shivers.
  • Malaina gathers up the things she took out and packs them up, giving encouraging words to her drakes
    Seiankornai: “What sort of place was it?”
  • Vari slowly stands, looking more awake, but still very lethargic
    Jessaila: “Verdant, it was a giant tree.”
  • Seiankornai has got his voice under control, but his movements are clearly agitated, and is prancing in place a little
  • Vari 2 yawns as he stretchs his wings, getting his muscles ready for flying
    Seiankornai: “…Bloodghost.”

Jessaila: “But everything was very dreamlike – weird stuff happened.”

Jessaila: “Oh. Yeah, I think they might’ve mentioned something like that.”

Malaina: “Like what?”

Jessaila: “The Bloodghost.”

  • Malaina chooses the hop into the saddle of the first Vari since he looks more awake
  • Thurirl shoulders his pack, blades ready to be drawn, standing and waiting with a strange sort of calm.
    Seiankornai: “Ok, first activate sunpool we come across we go in, we’re so far north and they’re so far south that anywhere it takes us will be closer than here.”

Nightscale: “What’s a bloodghost? Is it like Arundil, only red?”

Malaina: “Well, let’s get going then. But what about Nightscale?”

Jessaila: “Wait, we’re going? Um, okay.”

  • Jessaila starts packing – it’s clear she’s having to mentally switch gears.
    Isabis: “Of course we’re going! My family might need help! Not to mention Seian’s family!”

Seiankornai: “I am certainly not staying here while my mentor gets killed under control of an evil spirit while killing my king!”

Seiankornai: “Nightscale, can you fly much farther tonight?”

Jessaila: “…right. We’re going, then.”

Isabis: “Double-not-to-mention the rest of the Matha and all drakes – and who is doing this controlling?”

Malaina: “We don’t know if anything has really happened to them Seian, we need to remain calm!”

Nightscale: “I…I can fly as far as you little people can!”

Thurirl: “Calm, yes. Yet I believe it is wise to make haste all the same.”

  • Nightscale is tired, but being outflown by the smaller race would be embarassing
  • Malaina nods, ready to have anyone else ride on behind her, the second Vari offering to give two other people a ride
  • Seiankornai has nothing left to say really, and waits for the others to be ready before taking flight
    Malaina: ((So two people on the second saddle, Mala can offer the seat behind her and we can all go if there is no one else))
  • Jessaila quickly gets her stuff together.
  • Thurirl takes a ride on the second Vari, hoping the duplication spell has a few more days left on it. He’s not sure what to do about the wolves…
  • Jessaila glances towards Mala. “Mind if I ride behind, little sis?”
    Thurirl: ((Unless someone’s carrying them, might need to leave the pack behind… poor guys.))

Malaina: ((I think it has a few more weeks on it))

  • Malaina pats the spot behind her with a warm grin
  • Nightscale mounts Vari-2
    Thurirl: “…a question. Are we able to use a Sunpool at this time of night?”
  • Vari 2 isn’t sure how he feels about this
    Jessaila: ((Oh dear.))

Nightscale: ((oops))

Seiankornai: “Um, no…”

Vari 2: ((I am laughing so hard!))
  • Isabis mounts Vari-2 behind Thurirl
    Seiankornai: ((hehehehe))

Jessaila: ((So wrong… ))

Jessaila: ((Out of gutter, mind, out!))

Isabis: (( 9.9 ))

Vari 2: ((Ok, I’m done now))

Isabis: ((moving right along…))

Thurirl: ((oops indeed XD))

  • Vari 2 looks more awake, will probably be a bit slow, but Mala seems to be quite urgent, so he stands up when his two passengers are on board and flaps his wings to get ready
  • Jessaila hops up behind Mala.
  • Malaina nods, leans over and pats her drakes shoulder, “Alright, let’s go.”
  • Vari 1 nods, straightens up and spreads his wings out, ready, and will probably be following Seian since he seems more awake
    Seiankornai: ((anyway, I think we were in the middle of Thurirl talking a bit of sense of the situation into Seian))

Thurirl: “Though haste is important, I am not certain we could use a sunpool if we found it. We must consider whether we should depart at once… or rest ourselves for the dangerous task ahead.”

Seiankornai: “I… suppose so…”

Malaina: “I think we better get going now Thurirl. We are all packed and ready to go.”

  • Seiankornai looks at the others
    Jessaila: “Yeah, after we’ve already packed up?”

Malaina: “This is important to Seian and Isabis.”

Jessaila: “Anyway, dawn’s not much more than a half-hour away.”

Thurirl: “It does seem a waste of energy to unpack immediately after we have prepared ourselves.”

Seiankornai: “Let’s at least go far enough to find a suitable stream to camp by, this one is probably too small to have a sunpool.”

Malaina: “Yes, and the Vari’s will be much more awake by then, then we can see about getting back down south.”

Thurirl: “I concur. We can rest when we find one. I apologize for not bringing this point up sooner.”

Malaina: “Alright everyone, let’s get going.”

Seiankornai: “Well, I apologize for the bit of panic, still I am quite worried and the blood is rushing, so I feel I must do something or explode.”

  • Seiankornai takes to the air in search of a larger stream
  • Malaina has the Vari’s follow muttering, “Last thing we need for him is to literally explode.”
    You have a small…consideration. The very closest sunpool that you know of happens to be the crazy-wild one in the Gron-ver
    Isabis: ((near the small blue circle on the map))

Jessaila: “Oh dear. Does anyone else remember which sunpool is closest to us?”

Malaina: ((Is it something we roll for?))

Thurirl: ((don’t think so; GM said outright that we know it))

Seiankornai: “That’s only the one we know about, there’s hundreds others within flying range most likely.”

Jessaila: “Yeah… um.”

Isabis: ((you can make a knowledge check vs 18 to recall one closer to your current position. Thurirl can have +1 for his racial study if he rolls))

Malaina: “Do we chance it? We really do need to go south anyway.”

Seiankornai: !1d20+7 : knowledge check

Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 1 + 7 = 8 » knowledge check

Thurirl: Knowledge Check: « 1d10+7+1 = 1 + 7 + 1 = 9 »

  • Thurirl is not quite awake yet…
    Seiankornai: ((you rolled a d10 ))

Thurirl: ((oops))

Thurirl: Knowledge Check: « 1d20+7+1 = 16 + 7 + 1 = 24 »

Malaina: ((Oooo, nice!))

Seiankornai: ((much better ))

Thurirl: “I believe I recall one closer to our campsite…”

You whisper to Thurirl: You recall one on the far side of the peninsula, sort of a glorified tide-pool but if it’s low tide at noon it will open.
Malaina: “Just give the directions then Thurirl.”

Seiankornai: “Oh? Where?”

Thurirl …and hey, it’s just a little west of due south, so it’s the direction they want to go anyhow.
Isabis: ((that was supposed to be a whisper))

Isabis: ((argh. I’m just having one of those nights, huh?))

Thurirl: “I believe it is south-southwest from here. It is only available at low tide, yet it is still in the general direction of our goal. I advise we change course.”

Malaina: “Ok you two, you heard him, shouldn’t take us too long.”

Thurirl’s sun-tide-pool is about as far south of your campsite as the campsite was from the island
Thurirl: “Here. We must land near the shore and secure the area.”

  • Seiankornai flies on
    Thurirl: ((sorry; was talking as though we were there))

Seiankornai: ((mis order of messages then))

  • Thurirl urges Vari2 to fly a little closer to Seian so the Vessa can give directions.
  • Vari 2 soars on over to Seian
    You fly a good piece of the night and next morning, then descend perhaps an hour before noon to the beach where Thurirl recalls a sunpool
    The tide is nearly (( 1ut, 2=in « 1d2 = 2 » ))
    Thurirl: “Make haste! We must find it and secure it if we can!”

…which means the pool is connected to the ocean at the moment…

  • Seiankornai goes to where Thurirl directs
  • Malaina looks unsure
    Isabis: “Welll… we could have lunch, and see if it mists up…”
  • Thurirl looks down, noting that the location may be flooded right now. He starts to think up ways to ensure the pool opens.
    Malaina: “That might be the best idea.”
  • Seiankornai lands on the beach, quite tired
  • Thurirl mutters about “a spell to push back tidal waters”, but otherwise looks frustrated.
    Malaina: “I think it is best we wait. The drakes are tired, especially after flying during the night.”

Malaina: “We can all get some food in our bellies and see about trying to get the pool to open up when we are ready.”

Moru doesn’t usually support spells that interfere in something so blatantly her domain as the tides, alas. You’ll have to try something else.

  • Jessaila considers a coffer-dam.
    This sandy, sunny beach /is/ a lovely basking spot for a drake who isn’t in a tearing hurry, however.
  • Thurirl dismounts from Vari2’s back and sighs, sitting down on the beach and thinking on possible solutions. He’s a little too wrapped up in himself to consider others, unfortunately.
  • Vari 2 waits for Isabis to dismount off his saddle and then goes to find some place to nap for a bit
  • Malaina hops off the first drakes saddle and stretchs
  • Vari 1 also finds a place to rest when all his passengers are down
  • Jessaila is glad to have her feet back on the ground.
    Thurirl: “Blast this misfortune!”
  • Isabis dismounts and goes for a quick swim
    Thurirl: “I must apologize, Seian. It would appear that my advice may have stolen our best chance from us. I can only pray, though I am not sure to whom, that we are able to make this work.”
  • Malaina sighs and sees about getting some food
    Isabis: ((BRB))

Seiankornai: “It’s ok, Thurirl, you couldn’t have known.”

  • Jessaila ponders if there’s another one near that may still work.
    Jessaila: « 1d20+10 = 19 + 10 = 29 »

Seiankornai: ((DM is afk for a moment))

Malaina: ((Hope we can get south, I want to see what will happen!))

  • Jessaila considers joining Isabis for a swim while she’s thinkin’.
    You whisper to Jessaila: You recall a reasonably well-behaved sunpool SE of here, maybe half as far east as the wild-magic area.
    Jessaila: “You know, I think there is another sunpool to the southeast.”

You whisper to Jessaila: You estimate it will take most of the rest of the day to get there
Seiankornai: “How much farther?”

Jessaila: “Not half as far as the wild one, but it’ll take the rest of the day, I expect.”

Malaina: “Do you think we will be able to go through?”

Thurirl: “Unless we can somehow hold back the sea, presuming the tide disables the sunpool, it may be our only choice.”

Seiankornai: “Not by noon.”

Isabis: “We can still wait here and see if this patch of seawater mists up, then fly if it doesn’t – OW!”

Thurirl: “It may be wise to wait and attempt to use this one. If it fails, we have lost no time we would not have spent waiting near the other.”

Thurirl: “Isabis?!”

  • Isabis flails and flings a smallish crab up on the beach
    Isabis: “Lousy pinchy water-bug.”

Jessaila: “We could probably use a rest here, while waiting.”

  • Seiankornai looks over at Isabis
    Thurirl: “…hmm. I don’t recall if we had such fauna back in the swamp.”

Seiankornai: “Hey! I cna’t actually see that one, so that’s what a bug looks like.”

Malaina: “Yes, my Vari’s aren’t….up for anymore flying for a while”

Jessaila: “Freshwater crabs. Not in the back channels.”

  • Malaina looks over at the two sleeping drakes
    Seiankornai: *I can actually
  • Isabis wades back up on the beach
    Malaina: “Let’s just wait.”

Thurirl: “Can we perhaps build up some dams using the sand to hold back the sea a little?”

Jessaila: “You think that’ll work?”

Seiankornai: “Um, maybe?”

Chances this sunpool will open in the seawater: 1 or 100 on « 1d100 = 11 »
Jessaila: “Where do we even want to put them?”

Isabis: “Hmm…between the sea proper and the pool, presumably…”

Seiankornai: “WEll, as long as it doesn’t need my wings.”

Isabis: “…never heard of using sand castles to actually fortify something against the ocean before, but it can’t hurt to try.”

  • Jessaila takes off her shoes, rolls up her trouser legs, and gets to work.
    Malaina: “True.”
  • Isabis starts digging sand into a mound at the edge of the connection between the pool and the sea
  • Malaina takes off her boots and rolls up her pants legs, going to help
    Isabis: “My figurative kingdom for a bucket!”
  • Seiankornai gets up and starts shifting sand around
    Malaina: “Can’t you use some magic?”
  • Jessaila casts Breeze on herself to stay cool in the warm sun.
  • Thurirl dresses down to help, eager to at least do something to attempt correcting his mistake.
    Isabis: “I know a spell to create water – do you think it’ll help?”
  • Isabis jokes with Malaina
  • Malaina chuckles, “I don’t know, might just hinder us.”
    Isabis: “Ah, I know a spell that makes me intimidating to creatures of evil! I can scare away the eeevil crabs!”

Malaina: “Worry about the crabs later, let’s see if we can get this pool uncovered.”

  • Seiankornai gets an idea and tries breathing fire on a pile of sand to make a crude glass
  • Jessaila gets down to serious work.
  • Isabis quenches the glass with sea water
    Isabis: "Well, it’s waterproof, I guess.

Isabis: “Can you move it?”

Seiankornai: “Sure.”

  • Seiankornai picks up the hot glass quite easily
  • Thurirl does his best to make some grooves where the sea water is just coming in…
    Seiankornai: ((incidentally, I now have fire resistance 25 and heat resistance 9 ))

Malaina: ((Nice!))

  • Isabis collects sand to pack around the base of the glass
  • Jessaila decides its time to take a bathroom break, and looks around for the nearest sheltering tree.
    Jessaila: “Be back in a few minutes.”
  • Jessaila heads off behind the tree, which is a bit of a ways off the beach.
  • Jessaila returns a few minutes later, at a worried-face scurry, grabs her pack, and heads back toward the treeline.
  • Seiankornai is busy making more glass-slabs to block the sea
  • Isabis goes to the tree-line to get some branches to brace the glass
  • Malaina archs an eyebrow
  • Thurirl is trying to make progress, but the constants waves are frustrating… and fascinating. Why must water and sand be so mesmerizing?
  • Jessaila is frantically stuffing something in her pack and changing her clothes.
    Isabis: “…are you OK over there, Jess?”

Jessaila: “Everything’s very okay!”

  • Isabis pauses in hauling an armload of small branches back towards the beach
    Malaina: “You sure?”
  • Jessaila starts dragging her pack back down to the campsight.
    Isabis: “Um…if you say so.”

Jessaila: “Yup. Very okiedokie.”

  • Malaina looks to Isabis “Want me to go check on her?”
    Isabis: “She’s an adult, if she says she’s OK, then I assume she’s OK.”
  • Jessaila dumps her pack and gets back to work.
  • Malaina looks a bit concerned, but nods
    Malaina: “Let’s just get this done and see if we can go through the pool.”
  • Jessaila gets back to work, yes.
  • Jessaila works hard, like all good elves do. Nothing wrong here, nope nope.
  • Malaina will be pulling Jess aside when she can to ask what is going on
  • Thurirl notes something off in Jess, but does not pry, working with the others to build the dams.
    Seiankornai: « 1d20+7 = 10 + 7 = 17 » sense motive on Jess
  • Jessaila bluffs. « 1d20+11 = 7 + 11 = 18 »
    Seiankornai: AD « 1d6 = 6 »

Seiankornai: AD « 1d6 = 6 »

Seiankornai: AD « 1d6 = 6 »

Seiankornai: AD « 1d6 = 6 »

Seiankornai: AD « 1d6 = 5 »

Seiankornai: XD

Malaina: ((Explosions everhwhere!))

Jessaila: ((…))

Thurirl: ((O.o))

Seiankornai: “Jess, why do you smell very, very embarrased?”

Malaina: “Embarrassed?”

Jessaila: “Uh…”

Dragonhawk: Thurirl and Seiankornai, each roll either crafting or tactics; you need a combined 35 or better for your dam to succeed. Others may roll for the +2 to assist if necessary.

Jessaila: ((I will help add.))

Malaina: ((Sorry I can’t help, don’t have either of those skills))

Seiankornai: crafting « 1d20+2 = 16 + 2 = 18 », untrained

Seiankornai: (so 15 for me)

Thurirl: Tactics: « 1d20+8 = 13 + 8 = 21 »

Seiankornai: ((yay))

Thurirl: ((I think that makes 39))

Jessaila: « 1d20+2 = 12 + 2 = 14 » Crafting

Seiankornai: ((36, mine is capped at 15))

Seiankornai: “Your scent says you found something quite embarrasing.”

Malaina: “Jess, what is wrong, and don’t say nothing!”

Jessaila: “I’m sure this is not a good time to discuss it. We’re working, after all.”

While Jessaila dodges questions, the party gets the last of the glass/tree branch/sand barriers in place. The ocean laps gently around a crescent of dark, wavy glass barriers.
Malaina: “We’re done, now spill.”

Isabis: “Don’t say that! Spill, I mean.”

Seiankornai: “We’ll just be sitting around for noon and the mists, should be a few minutes away yet.”

  • Malaina folds her arms and taps her finger on her arm, looking at Jess and waiting
  • Jessaila is still working.
  • Isabis shores up the south end of the crescent just a little more.
    Isabis: “…Ok, I’m done.”
  • Malaina continues to stare at Jess….hard
  • Thurirl sighs and sits to meditate. He’s pretty sure his connection with the dark got stronger in the dungeon, and he wants to see what new spells he might learn from it. At noon. Yes. Of course.
  • Jessaila responds primly. “I’d really rather not discuss it, I’m sure.”
    Malaina: “Jess….I’m you’re little sister, so you can’t take that tone with me and you will tell me because we are family…and I won’t stop bothering you about until you tell me.”

Malaina: “So you have a choice, I can be the biggest bratty pest or we can go somewhere and talk like adults.”

Seiankornai: “And fortunately, Vari is still asleep.”

Isabis: “Or you can drop the subject and let your ‘big sister’ do laundry.”

  • Jessaila sighs.
  • Malaina ignores Isabis
    Jessaila: “It was a Problem of a Uniquely Elvish Nature.”

Isabis: “…uniquely elvish? Now I’m interested too.”

  • Jessaila turns purple.
    Malaina: “Breath Jess.”

Malaina: “Do you want to discuss this away from the males?”

Seiankornai: “You might as well get it over with now, and not worry about it later.”

Jessaila: “…fine. It’s in my pack…”

Malaina: “Can me and Isabis see it?”

Seiankornai: “…did it have anything to do with the dreamwalking?”

Jessaila: “…yes. It seems I brought back a souvenir…”

  • Malaina goes over to Jess’ pack to see what has her so flustered
    Seiankornai: “Oh, then you definitely better tell us, just in case the other group does survive to tell the story about it themselves.”
  • Thurirl feels a bit uncomfortable with their choice of words. Last time he heard something like this, it was a mother and daughter who didn’t realize he was there…
  • Isabis goes over to look
    Isabis: “…is that supposed to be armor??”
  • Seiankornai looks over Isabis’ shoulder
  • Jessaila talks in a tiny voice. “Apparently.”
  • Thurirl is now interested.
  • Malaina pulls out the…“Is this legal?!”
    Jessaila: “Shouldn’t be.”

Isabis: “Looks horrible. I think I’d rather wear the crab.”

Malaina: “It’s so…small!”

Malaina: “Jess, where did you get this?! And why didn’t you get me one!”

Thurirl: “…this is illogical.”

Seiankornai: “…wow, I’ve heard tales of ancient drakes fighting elven warrior maidens in that, never thought I’d actually see one.”

Isabis: “Why would you /want/ one?!?”

Malaina: “I don’t know, it seems like it could be fun.”

  • Thurirl is puzzled at how anyone could see this as practical.
    Malaina: “Jess, is this what has your face so red?”

Jessaila: “…uh. YouseetherewasalotofweirdstuffthathappenedinthedreamscapeandI’mreallynotresponsibleformanifestingthiswithmeatall.”

Seiankornai: “So were you wearing this all this time?”

Malaina: “Can you slow down your speech, didn’t quite get that.”

Jessaila: “Not all of it.”

Seiankornai: “Ah, but some of it.”

Jessaila: “Shut up.”

  • Malaina puts the chainmail bikini set away
  • Isabis looks for a bikini-hauberk
    Malaina: “Is wearing something like that an elf thing?”
  • Thurirl wonders what he might come back with if he managed to Dreamwalk…
    Jessaila: “NO!”

Malaina: “Fine, sorry.”

Malaina: “….are you sure?”

Jessaila: “…no.”

Seiankornai: “It’s gone out of fashion with the fall of their empire long ago.”

Malaina: “Ok.”

Jessaila: “That’s a relief.”

Malaina: “Well, now we all know, except for my snoozing drakes. So there is no reason to be embarrassed anymore. We won’t tell anyone. Will we guys.”

Thurirl: “I see no advantage to blackmailing a travelling companion.”

Isabis: “Well, look at it this way. You can probably sell it if you don’t want it. I’m sure the bigger markets will produce someone crazy enough to think it looks valuable. Maybe one of those Janno women who think elf-bloods attract the best husbands.”

Seiankornai: “Maybe some drake friends, but I don’t think Jess would have to worry about them.”

Thurirl: “…hmm.”

Malaina: “See! You’re fine Jess! So calm your face down and lets see if the sunpool is working!”

Seiankornai: “Historians and such.”

  • Thurirl ponders a new investment strategy… in fashionable armor…
    In fact, a faint mist does seem to be forming over the pool
    Thurirl: “Ah! Excellent. Now we may proceed.”

Seiankornai: “Yes! Let’s go! VARI! NIGHTSCALE!”

  • Vari 2 blinks his eye open
  • Vari 1 shifts his long neck to look over
    Malaina: “Come on you two, time to go!”

Nightscale reappears from underwater and charges around the barriers and into the mist; the rest of you wade in after her and wade out…
Isabis: (repositioned the you-are-here marker)

…on a hillside overlooking Avva’s Anvil!
Seiankornai: “Oh, this is… well, it’s technically a little closer…”

Malaina: “Well, at least we did make it south, just not to the Black Peaks.”

Seiankornai: “We’ve probably saved a day, perhaps.”

To the west, mountains rise high behind you. To the east, sands sink down towards the flat plain of the anvil proper. Beneath your feet, a fresh spring feeds a pool
Jessaila: “Aw. Stink, didn’t get quite far enough.”

Malaina: “Should we try another sunpool or just fly?”

Isabis: ((you have saved about 2 and a half days southward travel, but you are also a little under 2 days eastward))

Seiankornai: “We’ll fly until tonight, rest, and fly some more, we might try another sunpool, I don’t know.”

Seiankornai: “Not too keen on flying over the salt weep.”

Thurirl: “I would not advise it. We must do the best with the hand we are dealt.”

Malaina: “So, if we are going to fly, let’s get going then.”

  • Seiankornai waits for passengers then takes off
    Isabis: “We can fly southwest, get into less arid territory, see if we find a known sunpool.”
  • Malaina hops up onto the same Vari, lets Jess get on behind her and has him follow Seian
  • Jessaila mounts up.
  • Isabis rides Vari2 with Thurirl again
    You fly up into the mountains, and find a comfortable-to-drakes cavern to camp in for the night, middling-high in the middle of the range.
  • Thurirl hopes they can find a Sunpool that doesn’t send them back north. Also that Jessaila’s Dreamwalking was prophetic, and not a glimpse of current events.
    Isabis: ((survival to tell where you are with more accuracy than “on the edge of the desert” ))

Seiankornai: « 1d20+5 = 20 + 5 = 25 » Survival

  • Jessaila is a survivalist. « 1d20+11 = 5 + 11 = 16 » Survival
    Malaina: « 1d20+13 = 10 + 13 = 23 » Survival

Seiankornai recognizes an arial landmark for Moon Glare Pass; you’re stil to the north of it, but that tells you pretty squarely where you are.
Malaina recognizes it too; from above, the land looks remarkably like that map Auntie Helga showed you when you were little.
Jessaila: “I’ve never been to this part of the land.”

Seiankornai: “Nor have I, though I’ve heard it described.”

Malaina: “Me neither, seems kind of familair though, like someone showed it to me on a map a long time ago…”

Thurirl: “I am not certain I have ever conducted business or my studies within this area.”

Seiankornai: “And to think, somewhere out in that generaly direction,” aves a claw south east, “is one of the Dragon Kings.”

Malaina: “….Let’s keep on going.”

Jessaila: “Shouldn’t we rest at some point soon, though?”

Seiankornai: “There’s a cave there, we can rest.”

Thurirl: “Indeed. We cannot be of help if we are exhausted.”

Malaina: “Right, sorry…”

  • Malaina seems distracted all of a sudden
    Thurirl: “Are you all right, Malaina?”

You camp in the cave…
Malaina: “Yea, I’m fine, I think I just need to sleep.”

Thurirl: “If you are certain.”

  • Thurirl lets her be and prepares for his own rest.
  • Seiankornai settles during in the cave, “How are you doing, Nightscale?”
  • Malaina quickly pulls herself under one of the Vari’s wing to sleep…and think
    Nightscale: “I’m – Yaaaawn – I’m fine. I’m glad we got away from that dry place, though. I want a lake to curl up in.”
  • Nightscale keeps shifting as though she’s having a hard time getting comfortable
  • Vari 2 offers himself?
  • Jessaila has no real problem getting comfy.
  • Isabis is a past master at making a comfortable bedroll in a cave, and is soon back to snoring lightly
    Tune in next time to hear a “random” encounter shout “Drakes! Here?!?”
    Game Saved
    Log Saved

Log 98
Log 100

Logs Index
Main Page

Log 99

Sunchasers DH The_Grand_User